Home
Posted By: 5sdad The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
My wife meticulously cuts up the meat on her plate before beginning to eat. How many of you do this?
Posted By: Cecil56 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
No, stays warmer uncut.
Posted By: SupFoo Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
I haven't had meat since China Joe got "elected". Too expensive now.

So now all I can afford to eat is cat fud. No cutting necessary.
Posted By: Westman Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
My wife does that too.

Never understood it. I cut one bite at a time.
Posted By: Westman Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Originally Posted by SupFoo
I haven't had meat since China Joe got "elected". Too expensive now.

So now all I can afford to eat is cat fud. No cutting necessary.

Canned or dry?
Originally Posted by Westman
Canned or dry?

Whichever I can clip a coupon for.
Posted By: slumlord Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
My grandfather got kicked out of some Dago’s house for cutting up the spaghetti

What’s worse, Renegade50 gets his steak cooked Saddle leather well done and slops it with catsup.

He the only caucasian I ever seen doing that. 😃😱😳💀
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by Westman
Canned or dry?

Whichever I can clip a coupon for.

Puss n Boots, ocean whitefish

Has good gravy on top
Posted By: mathman Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Originally Posted by slumlord
What’s worse, Renegade50 gets his steak cooked Saddle leather well done and slops it with catsup.

I think Donald Trump does it too.
Posted By: hookeye Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
A little H brand ketchup on fresh n hot fried chicken is dandy. And it aint bad on a steak either. Just a drizzle.
Have a buddy who does that with prime rib.

Personally, I like my warm to stay warm as long as possible.
Got a set of 2 NY strip steaks on lay-a-way down at Kroger's now.
Hoping tax return comes in soon to bail them out!

What difference does it make?
We each have our little idiosyncrasies that drive others nuts, which is idiosyncratic on it's own! 😉👍

Todd ate his french fries, one at a time. Munching each one of them like a mouse. Little tiny bites!

Me? I have a tendency to mix everything on the plate together and eat the meat (if there is any!) by cutting it up, one bite at a time.

Every bite my dad put in his mouth he chewed 32 times...including Jell-O!
Posted By: RickinTN Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
It is considered bad table manners to cut it all up before you start eating. Aside from keeping the rest warm it is good manners to cut one bite at a time.
Take care,
Rick
Posted By: bruinruin Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Originally Posted by Cecil56
No, stays warmer uncut.
This.

As a kid, I didn't care about hot food or cold, but these days see me pre-heating a plate before putting my eggs and bacon on it.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
All these cooking shows or videos have the cooks cutting up the entire steak before serving.

Thats dumb,
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
All these cooking shows or videos have the cooks cutting up the entire steak before serving.

Thats dumb,
The ones that really kill me are where they cook the meat, pull it from the heat, then start cooking the sides.

WTF?
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Thats dumb,
The ones that really kill me are where they cook the meat, pull it from the heat, then start cooking the sides.

WTF?

Well....Mathman says you have to rest your fillet mignon 5.6 hours or it aint fit to eat.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Drives my wife nuts when I grab cold (cooked) meat from the fridge as a snack. She also has to look away while I eat my just-barely-dead steak.

Thats dumb,

That’s the presentation. They care more about how it looks on the plate than how it tastes.

I like to cut a bite, mop up the juice with white bread and butter, and chew it all together.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23

He ain’t the only one I like steaks medium with catsup
Posted By: KillerBee Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Drives my wife nuts when I grab cold (cooked) meat from the fridge as a snack. She also has to look away while I eat my just-barely-dead steak.

The best way to eat a BBQ'ed steak is Black and Blue!

KB

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: 7887mm08 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
After the 1st bite i cut mine all up at once because i'm HUNGRY!
KETCHUP OR A-1 always on every cut of beef.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Ketchup on steak...

I guess eat it how you like it...
Originally Posted by 7887mm08
KETCHUP OR A-1 always on every cut of beef.
Sounds like a good way to insult the chef.
Originally Posted by earlybrd

He ain’t the only one I like steaks medium with catsup

Boot leather well well done ?

Ever seen a cat trying to eat a mouse…makes that huffing noise 😃

And for the record…some ketchup on my steak fries kinda touched my chopped steak burger…I think I liked it
Im havin sketti today
I don't insult even the lowly hotdog with ketchup.
Posted By: Steve Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23

Only a little on top of meat loaf before it goes in the oven. Even then I doctor it up with sriracha and some flame roasted peppers.

Then sometimes on fries or rings. Or liver. But I hate liver.
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by Pappy348

KB

Yup, that’s it right there!
Posted By: Jcubed Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Originally Posted by Steve

Only a little on top of meat loaf before it goes in the oven. Even then I doctor it up with sriracha and some flame roasted peppers.

Then sometimes on fries or rings. Or liver. But I hate liver.

Pm me for something better...
Posted By: SamOlson Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Whenever I see someone cut up all the meat on their plate I think of a little kid and momma.

I DGAF but it is kinda weird.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Guy next door has his wife cut his meat. She does it at restaurants to.

Thats dumb,

WTF?

Well....Mathman says you have to rest your fillet mignon 5.6 hours or it aint fit to eat.

Hyperbole much? grin

KB

Cold, raw and chewy with a burnt accent. Got it.
Posted By: hookeye Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
A little ketchup goes a long way.
But it never goes on a hotdog. Mustard yes.
This thing is about to be introduced to Mr. Egg....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
How do you cook that?
In his Big Green Egg microwave you janer!

Hahaha!
No [bleep] Sherlock.

But how in the egg? Hot and fast? Low and slow? I don't know Jack about tri-tip.
First he boils it in molasses for one hour.

The he throws it straight onto some partially lit CoOp briquettes.

It's called Choctaw style.
I get the BGG setup indirect at 275-300F.

Get the Weber(propane) at 500-550F.

Sear the roast on the Weber for a few minutes each side, pull it and put it on the BGG to finish at 120F. Pull and let it REST(cuzzin'....sheesh...) for 10-20 minutes.

Takes about an hour of actual cooking. People will say cook hotter and faster but IMHO they turn out fine and it gives me more time to drink beer this way....lol

Sandbilly made a really good seasoning(rub) but I'm out of it and now just season with a little salt and a little pepper. You can always season it to your taste afterwards.
A beer?

That's a good idea.
First he boils it in molasses for one hour.

The he throws it straight onto some partially lit CoOp briquettes.

It's called Choctaw style.

Sweet laugh
Posted By: fester Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Only on hers……

Ughhhhh

🤷🏻‍♂️🙄❤️😜😉😘❤️❤️❤️😬🤗🤗
On steaks I've been enjoying Lawry's coarse ground garlic salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Alternatively....another way is to roll the tri tip around a zucchini and secure it with chop sticks.

Then you soak it in dill pickle juice for one week.

Grill it gently at 650 degrees for 4 minutes and serve immediately.

It's like a giant rouladen.
Posted By: 79S Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Whenever I see someone cut up all the meat on their plate I think of a little kid and momma.

Pard, Whenever I see someone cutting up all the meat on their plate, I am reminded of a simpler time, a time when I was just a young boy and my mother would lovingly prepare our meals with care and attention to detail. In those days, food was not something to be taken for granted. It was a precious commodity, one that we cherished and respected. My mother, with her gentle hands and her kind heart, would spend hours in the kitchen, preparing our meals with love and devotion. And when it came time to eat, she would serve us each a plate, with the meat carefully cut into small, bite-sized pieces. It was a small gesture, but one that spoke volumes about her care and concern for our well-being. Today, as I look around and see people rushing through their meals, cutting their meat haphazardly and without thought, I can't help but feel a sense of sadness. It seems that we have lost touch with the simple pleasures of life, the joy of a well-prepared meal, and the love and care that goes into each and every bite. But it is not too late to reclaim that sense of connection and appreciation for the things that truly matter. We must take the time to savor each and every morsel, to appreciate the care and attention that goes into preparing our food, and to remember the little things, like a mother's gentle touch, that make life worth living. So the next time you sit down to a meal, take a moment to appreciate the simple beauty of it all. Savor each and every bite, and remember that there is a little bit of momma's love in every piece of meat that you cut.
You fugger!

Hahaha!
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
When I was in college I saw a guy put ketchup on prime rib, not even dipping, he spread it over the top. It's something you can't un-see.
Alternatively....another way is to roll the tri tip around a zucchini and secure it with chop sticks.

Pard, I must say that I was intrigued by the suggestion to roll tri tip around a zucchini and secure it with chopsticks. But the real surprise came when I heard about soaking it in dill pickle juice for a week before grilling it at a scorching 650 degrees for just four minutes. The result was a dish that resembled a giant rouladen, and one that was unlike anything I had ever tasted before. The first thing that struck me was the texture. The meat was tender and juicy, and the zucchini added a light and refreshing element that balanced the rich and savory flavors of the tri tip. But it was the dill pickle juice that really took this dish to the next level. The subtle tang and brininess of the pickle juice permeated every bite, adding a depth of flavor that was both surprising and delightful. But let's not forget about the grilling technique. Cooking the tri tip at such a high temperature for such a short time may sound risky, but the result was nothing short of impressive. The meat was cooked to perfection, with a crispy, caramelized exterior and a perfectly pink and juicy interior. Overall, I would say that this dish is definitely worth a try for those who are looking to experiment with new and innovative flavor combinations. The combination of tri tip, zucchini, and dill pickle juice may seem odd at first, but trust me when I say that it works. So go ahead and give it a try, and experience the flavors and textures of this unique and unforgettable dish for yourself.
Originally Posted by 79S

Pard, Whenever I see someone cutting up all the meat on their plate, I am reminded of a simpler time, a time when I was just a young boy and my mother would lovingly prepare our meals with care and attention to detail. In those days, food was not something to be taken for granted. It was a precious commodity, one that we cherished and respected. My mother, with her gentle hands and her kind heart, would spend hours in the kitchen, preparing our meals with love and devotion. And when it came time to eat, she would serve us each a plate, with the meat carefully cut into small, bite-sized pieces. It was a small gesture, but one that spoke volumes about her care and concern for our well-being. Today, as I look around and see people rushing through their meals, cutting their meat haphazardly and without thought, I can't help but feel a sense of sadness. It seems that we have lost touch with the simple pleasures of life, the joy of a well-prepared meal, and the love and care that goes into each and every bite. But it is not too late to reclaim that sense of connection and appreciation for the things that truly matter. We must take the time to savor each and every morsel, to appreciate the care and attention that goes into preparing our food, and to remember the little things, like a mother's gentle touch, that make life worth living. So the next time you sit down to a meal, take a moment to appreciate the simple beauty of it all. Savor each and every bite, and remember that there is a little bit of momma's love in every piece of meat that you cut.

Inspirational, like ExLax.
I like Heinz 57 on sharp Tillamook cheddar cheese.

Sear the roast on the Weber for a few minutes each side, pull it and put it on the BGG to finish at 120F. Pull and let it REST(cuzzin'....sheesh...) for 10-20 minutes.

Takes about an hour of actual cooking. People will say cook hotter and faster but IMHO they turn out fine and it gives me more time to drink beer this way....lol

Sandbilly made a really good seasoning(rub) but I'm out of it and now just season with a little salt and a little pepper. You can always season it to your taste afterwards.

Okay Pard, let's talk about this recipe. First off, the idea of searing the roast on a Weber grill is a good one, but it's not enough. To truly elevate this dish, you need to make sure you're using high-quality ingredients and taking the time to properly season and prepare the meat.

Now, when it comes to the cooking method, I have to say that I'm not entirely convinced. Cooking a roast at 500-550F may sound impressive, but it's not always the best approach. In fact, I think that by cooking the meat at such a high temperature, you risk overcooking it and losing some of its natural flavor and tenderness.

Instead, I would suggest using a lower temperature and a longer cooking time, allowing the meat to cook slowly and evenly, while retaining its natural juices and flavor. And as for seasoning, a little salt and pepper is a good start, but it's not enough to really bring out the flavor of the meat. I would recommend experimenting with different seasonings and rubs to find the perfect combination for your taste.

Now, I have to say that I appreciate the idea of using this recipe as an excuse to drink beer, but let's not forget that the true goal here is to create a delicious and memorable dish. So take the time to properly prepare and cook your roast, and don't be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and cooking methods. Trust me, the results will be worth it.
You fuuckers all of you!

LOL

Don't distract the chef, he's about to engage an art form of culinary expertise.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
When I was in college I saw a guy put ketchup on prime rib, not even dipping, he spread it over the top. It's something you can't un-see.

If you are looking for a rat dick liberal, the best place to start looking is around a College. They are thicker than flies around shyte.
Originally Posted by 79S

Okay Pard, let's talk about this recipe. First off, the idea of searing the roast on a Weber grill is a good one, but it's not enough. To truly elevate this dish, you need to make sure you're using high-quality ingredients and taking the time to properly season and prepare the meat.

Now, when it comes to the cooking method, I have to say that I'm not entirely convinced. Cooking a roast at 500-550F may sound impressive, but it's not always the best approach. In fact, I think that by cooking the meat at such a high temperature, you risk overcooking it and losing some of its natural flavor and tenderness.

Instead, I would suggest using a lower temperature and a longer cooking time, allowing the meat to cook slowly and evenly, while retaining its natural juices and flavor. And as for seasoning, a little salt and pepper is a good start, but it's not enough to really bring out the flavor of the meat. I would recommend experimenting with different seasonings and rubs to find the perfect combination for your taste.

Now, I have to say that I appreciate the idea of using this recipe as an excuse to drink beer, but let's not forget that the true goal here is to create a delicious and memorable dish. So take the time to properly prepare and cook your roast, and don't be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and cooking methods. Trust me, the results will be worth it.

Verging into Dulcolax.
I like turtles
Fugggssssss
Stroke, rub, pat….. each others backs.
Lmao. Got a landing spot?
Okay, meat is on da grill and I'm making an awesome vid for you clowns.
Posted By: kingston Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23

What a shameful display of obvious innuendo.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
I think it's habit from cutting meat for a child.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I think it's habit from cutting meat for a child.
Did you chew it to?
I was trying to entertain 79S.

BTW, just pulled my meat. It is now resting.

Omg……
Did you wash your hands after?
Nugget got the ChatGPT4 hoppin'!

Pickle juice for the win! LOL
Originally Posted by fester

Omg……

That was somebody's cow your talking about.

Perverts, you're all disgusting perverts.
Originally Posted by kingston

Omg……

Dude……. It’s not gay handling someone else’s beef…. Know what I’m saying?

Love farmers ❤️
A mother's habit.

Omg……

Dude……. It’s not gay handling someone else’s beef…. Know what I’m saying?

Love farmers ❤️

I'm a farmer, wink, wink!
Posted By: pete53 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
if its prime rib i want a rare prime rib,fresh ground white raw horse radish , au jus . if its a beef Porter house ,T-bone or whatever i want it blue rare and burned on the out side sea-salt,some garlic salt,fresh ground pepper , butter melted on top ,bunch of butter fried or pan grilled onions and mushrooms just dump on top. and my meat from a Angus 1 1/2 yr.old steer that is corn fed from a small pen so this beef don`t run or eat the pasture grass that my friend raises.
A mother's habit.

I don't know what to say.
I'm on a chili no beans, no tomatoes kick. Three pounds of bonless beef ribs cut into 1/2" cubes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Hahaha!

I'm a simpleton when it comes to this stuff. Learning on my own so it's a little hit and miss here.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
A mother's habit.

I don't know what to say.

Well, if it's a Mother's habit, she's obviously Superior. More than likely only a Sister's habit.
On the hoof.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: pete53 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23

those look real tasty ! that`s how we raise our beef at my friends place
Nugget got the ChatGPT4 hoppin'!

Pickle juice for the win! LOL

Pard, I have no idea what this chatgpt you all talk about is??
I'm on a chili no beans, no tomatoes kick. Three pounds of bonless beef ribs cut into 1/2" cubes.

Pard, First off, I'm all about trying new things in the kitchen, and your no-bean, no-tomato chili definitely fits the bill. Using beef ribs instead of ground beef is a great way to add some extra texture and flavor to the dish. One thing I'd suggest is adding some additional spices to really make the flavors pop. I'm thinking cumin, smoked paprika, and maybe some chili powder or cayenne pepper for some heat. You could also try adding some chopped onions and garlic for added depth of flavor. When it comes to cooking the beef ribs, you'll want to make sure they're well browned on all sides before adding any liquid to the pot. This will help develop a nice crust and seal in the juices. From there, you can add some beef broth or even beer to the pot to create a rich, flavorful base for the chili. Overall, I think your chili recipe has a lot of potential, and with a few tweaks and additions, it could really be a winner. Keep experimenting in the kitchen, and don't be afraid to try new things!
Originally Posted by 79S

Pard, First off, I'm all about trying new things in the kitchen, and your no-bean, no-tomato chili definitely fits the bill. Using beef ribs instead of ground beef is a great way to add some extra texture and flavor to the dish. One thing I'd suggest is adding some additional spices to really make the flavors pop. I'm thinking cumin, smoked paprika, and maybe some chili powder or cayenne pepper for some heat. You could also try adding some chopped onions and garlic for added depth of flavor. When it comes to cooking the beef ribs, you'll want to make sure they're well browned on all sides before adding any liquid to the pot. This will help develop a nice crust and seal in the juices. From there, you can add some beef broth or even beer to the pot to create a rich, flavorful base for the chili. Overall, I think your chili recipe has a lot of potential, and with a few tweaks and additions, it could really be a winner. Keep experimenting in the kitchen, and don't be afraid to try new things!

I brown one side only, lots of onion and garlic, 8 kinds of hot peppers, and various spices.
Ever have to dig up the back yard?
Posted By: RUM7 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/19/23
I didn't think you all ate tri tip out there.
Must be far enough west.
Looks tasty.
PS: keep your head down and turn your hand sideways for da kill shot.
Kings, I want your chili.

Slum, only digging so far is recreational.

Please do not make fun of our siding.

Posted By: kingston Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

It's insane.
Posted By: 79S Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

Slum, only digging so far is recreational.

Please do not make fun of our siding.

Pard, a ponderosa pine! That's a great choice for planting in Montana, as it's a native species that is well adapted to the area. Ponderosa pines are known for their tall, straight trunks and beautiful orange-brown bark. They can grow up to 200 feet tall, although in cultivation they usually top out at around 80-100 feet. When planting a ponderosa pine, you'll want to make sure you choose a site with plenty of sunlight and well-drained soil. These trees prefer slightly acidic soils with a pH between 5.0 and 7.0, so you may want to do a soil test to determine if any amendments are needed. When it comes to planting, follow the steps I outlined earlier, making sure to dig a hole that is twice as wide as the root ball and backfilling with a mixture of soil and compost. Ponderosa pines prefer dry conditions, so be careful not to overwater the tree after planting. Once your ponderosa pine is established, you can enjoy its many benefits. These trees provide important habitat for wildlife, including birds and small mammals. They also help to stabilize soil and prevent erosion, and can even improve air and water quality in the surrounding area. So, good luck with your ponderosa pine planting! With a little care and attention, you'll be rewarded with a beautiful and beneficial addition to your landscape. Also sturdy, sharp-edged shovel with a pointed tip is ideal for digging the hole for your pine tree. This type of shovel will make it easier to cut through the soil and create a clean hole that is the right size and shape for your tree. When selecting a shovel, it's important to consider both the size and shape of the tool, as well as the quality of the materials. A shovel that is too small or poorly made can make the job more difficult and lead to frustration, while a well-made shovel that is the right size and shape can make the task much easier and more efficient. When choosing a shovel, look for one with a handle that is comfortable to grip and use, and that is the right length for your height. A non-slip grip can also be helpful to prevent the shovel from slipping out of your hand while you're working. Finally, consider investing in a shovel made of high-quality materials like tempered steel. This will not only make the shovel more durable and long-lasting, but will also make it easier to cut through tough soils and rocky areas. Overall, using the right shovel is an important part of successfully planting a pine tree in Montana. By choosing a sturdy, well-made shovel that is the right size and shape for the job, you'll be able to create a clean, properly sized hole that will help your tree thrive.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

It's insane.

Not inane?

Thats the new favorite on the Fire.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
We are doing our best.

All this talk about plates and I have a new cow wagon an hour away.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
Dayum...we went from rare "bbq" to Minnesota chili.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
It's either this or lurking on Renegades epic pipe adventure.
It's either this or lurking on Renegades epic pipe adventure.

A smell of Pall Malls and schit.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
Just a bunch of wild, and crazy guys. laugh
Posted By: ltppowell Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
It's gonna be okay.

I tell myself that at least a hundred times a day.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

Looks good.
Posted By: KillerBee Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
Originally Posted by mathman

KB

Cold, raw and chewy with a burnt accent. Got it.

Actually, good meat is only chewy when you overcook it. You will love it this way, very tender.

One thing you guys should tell your better halves, and this is a proven fact, is that when women eat overcooked meat, it increases their chances of getting breast cancer. That will make them start cooking meat properly.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9827527/

You're welcome smile

KB
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

Cheese and rice.

What [bleep] cares how someone eats?
Don't be an offensive hog, after that it's all good.

DGAF if the steak is raw or mummified, ketchup, A1, or covered in ranch.
If they like it, it is great.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Cheese and rice.

I do sometimes.

My FIL drives me nuts once in a while. I will toil over a hot stove for days at a time. Making the nicest, best meal I can offer him.

Much higher quality ingredients than he can get at home.

Cooked with love.

Serve it to him and the devil puts it all in a pile and mashes it up. He could just as well eat it out of a bucket.

Even the side salad. Squirts the salad dressing on top of the whole mess.

Bloody ripper! He says.

That would make me puke! Chit oh dear.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Dayum...we went from rare "bbq" to Minnesota chili.

Minnesota Chili! WTF!!!

I've been telling everyone that this is TEXAS style chili.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Cheese and rice.

I do sometimes.

My FIL drives me nuts once in a while. I will toil over a hot stove for days at a time. Making the nicest, best meal I can offer him.

Much higher quality ingredients than he can get at home.

Cooked with love.

Serve it to him and the devil puts it all in a pile and mashes it up. He could just as well eat it out of a bucket.

Even the side salad. Squirts the salad dressing on top of the whole mess.

Bloody ripper! He says.

I love shepard's pie!

He could be one of those people who won't eat food that touches—everything must be separated on the plate.

It's insane.

Not inane?

I've relegated inane to back channeling.
Posted By: fester Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

It's insane.

Not inane?

I've relegated inane to back channeling.
That and “hint” I hope.
Posted By: LBP Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

My wife and her dad both eat steak with ketchup, fuggin drives me crazy 🤢
Posted By: Salmonella Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
I seriously don't GAF what people like on their food.
It's their fughking food...not yours FFS.

Mind boggling.🤯
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

Those are overcooked.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
These two year old t-bones, from our last quarter, went on our plates the other night. Found them in a box at the bottom of the freezer the other day when my new quarter beef arrived and I was loading it in. Box had gotten covered up with some other goodies.

Originally Posted by Salmonella

Mind boggling.🤯

Yeah, I don't GAF either, just saying that seeing someone smother a prime rib with ketchup would make me puke.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska

Mind boggling.🤯

Yeah, I don't GAF either, just saying that seeing someone smother a prime rib with ketchup would make me puke.

And with that........since nobody really gives a happy gotdam...

I'll confess i have tried blue cheese (on the side of course) as a dipping sauce for a grilled steak
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
Sorry, but that it is considered bad manners to do this, not to mention the fact food gets colder a lot quicker.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
My wife meticulously cuts up the meat on her plate before beginning to eat. How many of you do this?
I usually cut up several bite sized pieces at a time, then lay the knife down and just use my fork till they are all eaten, then slice several more, etc..

The only reason I was drawn to this thread was because a couple of years ago, when my brother and I were at a restaurant together, he looked at me like I was from Mars for doing that, like it was the strangest thing he'd ever seen, and continually commented on it. Before that, it had never occurred to me that it was unusual.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

As I eat it.....
Posted By: tikkanut Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
This

FJB

Couldn't resist

Happy Monday

[Linked Image]

Mind boggling.🤯

As long as its not carbs.....
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
Am I the only one that heats up dinner plates in the oven?

10 min before serving preheat oven to 170, turn off, toss in dinnerware that will be use for hot dishes.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

A person really should do that.
Posted By: Teal Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
I cut as I eat. Steaks get to rest a little before diving in. Use that time to make a pan sauce quick.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
Seems to be more then one way to make a turd.
I's been since the early seventies, a nice steakhouse served a steak on a hotplate in an insulated outer plate.
Posted By: slumlord Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
I always flavor with tampon strings
Ye ol bullet smoker. Ribs look good but that elk looks a little bloaty. Probs too many carbs.

JHC, LOL.
Posted By: mathman Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

That way you can have the "black and blue" ultra rare taste at any degree of doneness.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

Your credability was better before you posted pictures of yourself...
Posted By: smokepole Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23

I've never cut up the meat on your wife's plate, but I did help her slice a particularly tough strawberry shortcake once.
Why is it, everyone thinks we all should be alike?
Posted By: Jcubed Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
Originally Posted by smokepole

I've never cut up the meat on your wife's plate, but I did help her slice a particularly tough strawberry shortcake once.

Whipped cream?
Posted By: smokepole Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/20/23
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Whipped cream?

Cool whip. The Miracle Whip of desert toppings.
Posted By: fester Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/23/23
Originally Posted by SCgman1

Mind boggling.🤯

I'll confess i have tried blue cheese (on the side of course) as a dipping sauce for a grilled steak
Delicious
Posted By: las Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/23/23
Nice looking elk, Shrap. Where do you get a plate that size? smile
Posted By: smokepole Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 03/23/23
Originally Posted by SCgman1

Mind boggling.🤯

Delicious

Crumbled blue cheese is great melted on top, or on a burger
Posted By: renegade50 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23
Originally Posted by LBP

My wife and her dad both eat steak with ketchup, fuggin drives me crazy 🤢
Sheesh..
Was checking out the last time kingston/ kdawg posted.

And I come across this.
Slumdawg hammering homie....
😳😔🤷‍♂️🤣🤷‍♂️😔😳

A1 on my steaks or whatever steak sauce is around

Not ketchup...

I'm not that uncivilized....
Sheesh.....
Hold into the Heinz 57....🤦‍♂️

🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤷‍♂️
Posted By: smokepole Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23

Renegade's a Caucasian?

grin

I've never cut up the meat on your wife's plate. I'm sure she's a wonderful woman, but I don't believe I've ever met her.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23

Renegade's a Caucasian?

grin

Only in the important places.

I will eat cold leftover steak with salt and ketchup.

It's good.
I'm getting ready to grill one right now. I'll take a shot of ketchup on the side and toast to your health.

Water it down with vodka and call it a bloody Mary.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23

It's good.

Damn right!

I don't need the ketchup but leftover steak makes a great lunch the next day. Cold from a lunch box(YETI) out in the field or pasture.

Petite sirloin is great steak for making next day lunch. Lean and fairly inexpensive and really easy to grill up extras from a value pack.

Not a fan of cold fatty rib steak for next day lunch.
Yeah...the cold fat is kinda different. I eats it though.

Sans ketchup...a little Alpine Touch gets it done.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23
I've never been in Asia, but I've read that it's considered poor form to cut meat at the table. It's always cut up by the cook before serving. That makes sense if you're using chop sticks. My Worksharp just can't get a good edge on a chopstick. I guess it all came about to disguise the poodle or rattler that you're eating.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23
Posted By: SamOlson Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23
lol

The Blazing Saddles of our generation.
Posted By: UltraMAGA Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23

Tennessee Ramen
Posted By: kwg020 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23
Originally Posted by RickinTN
It is considered bad table manners to cut it all up before you start eating. Aside from keeping the rest warm it is good manners to cut one bite at a time.
Take care,
Rick
This ^^ Ain't you guys got no edumacation or up bringing ?? ONe cut and one bite.

kwg
Posted By: 19352012 Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23
The trick to eating yesterday's steak is slice it pretty thin, quarter inch or so.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23

Renegade's a Caucasian?

grin

Only in the important places.

It's good.

wink
Posted By: Valsdad Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23

In the olden days grandpa might have gone sleepin' with the fishes for that.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

wink

Stop it, you're killin me!!
Originally Posted by Valsdad

It's stuff like that had made the Italian military such a profound force.

Cutting up pasta is probably why Somalia is a sovereign nation now.
Posted By: las Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23
Cut???? Steak is finger food.

Sheeesh, you guys!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: The Meat on Your Plate - 08/25/23
Originally Posted by Valsdad

It's stuff like that had made the Italian military such a profound force.

Cutting up pasta is probably why Somalia is a sovereign nation now.

Let's not forget Ethiopia............

Haile Selassie I,

Jah Rules.
© 24hourcampfire