Home
Hands down for me was an aged dry rub steak at the Grizly Bar in Roscoe MT, not far from Red Lodge. Good stuff!

Supposed to have new owners according to the reviews. I ate there a few years back when the “old owners” ran it.
I just came back from Oklahoma --- ate at the Cattlemen's Steakhouse. It's the steakhouse Pres. Truman ate at. That steak was good! ... smile.. grin When I go back, I will eat there again. Good Steakhouse.
Ponderosa.
Someone had to say it.
Double Musky Inn, Girdwood, AK.
Filet Mignon at the West Texas Cattle Company in El Paso
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
I just came back from Oklahoma --- ate at the Cattlemen's Steakhouse. It's the steakhouse Pres. Truman ate at. That steak was good! ... smile.. grin When I go back, I will eat there again. Good Steakhouse.

For sure that is a good one. One of the best I have ever had.
The Bear's Den, just East of Cambridge, Ohio on US 40.
Some fancy Hotel the company used to put us up in about 15 miles from Heathrow Airport.

One of those big fuuuking tomahawk steaks with the Flintstones bone still attached.
Looked forward to overnight lay overs in England.
Just because of that brontosaurus steak.
Austin somewhere, Cattleman's something or other. Ruth Chris years ago before they went all Red Lobster low brow.
Porterhouse at Burn's Steakhouse in Tampa, Fl.....you have to experience it to believe it
Pals Steak House in Montclair NJ and Steves sizzling steaks Moonachie NJ. A episode or two of the Sopranos was filmed at Pals.
Hotel Wolf in Saratoga Wyoming , "Steak for Two".

An amazing porterhouse during sub zero weather, we had the place to ourselves.
Originally Posted by RMiller2
You ain’t wrong, nice choice.
My own dining room !!

Seriously !

Porterhouse;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ribeyes;

Veal tomahawks;

Fillet/tenderloin;

Can feed 4, or more, for the price of a "plate" & I can drink as much as I wan't & not have to worry about driving home !

wink
Steve’s Sizzling Steaks in Carlstadt, NJ, City Hall Bar&Grill in Manhattan and Emeril Lagasi’s Chop House in Bethlehem, PA.
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
The Bear's Den, just East of Cambridge, Ohio on US 40.

Do ya' need reservations?

Can you be dressed in bluejeans & T-shirts?

Is it still open?

Thank You in advance!
Originally Posted by Sako76
Steve’s Sizzling Steaks in Carlstadt, NJ, City Hall Bar&Grill in Manhattan and Emeril Lagasi’s Chop House in Bethlehem, PA.

I thought it was in Moonachie?
NY steak at the Switzerland Castle in Fairbanks, at least 40 years ago. Almost rivaled my own.
The next steak.
Two places that are tough to beat

Ellis Island in Las Vegas and The Feed Mill in Gatesville, Tx.
You know, I can't remember the last time?
About 30 some years ago ate at a restaurant at a marina near Cherry Grove beach in SC.....i want to say the name was the Marker 350...or some other 3-digit number.......they listed it as a blackened NY strip.....

I liked it so much i went back the next night to have it again.......
Peter Luger Steakhouse NYC Porterhouse late 80's - nothing else has ever come close.
Can't remember the last steak I ate anywhere, let alone some restaurant.
OK, the best 1, in a restaurant, was a NYStrip, in Sabatini's (Princess Cruise), on an Mediterranean cruise.

The Cattle Exchange, Canadian TX. Followed closely by Bob's Chop House in Dallas.
But you know, when they look at you like this, your cooking is A OK !

Deer backstrap & scallops, Anniversary dinner.

I make them at home far better than most restaurants these days. It is really hard to find just a decent steak. I feel the same about hamburgers as well.
That looks awesome 99's! As usual.......
The best steak I’ve had in a restaurant was at the Saltgrass in Mccallen TX. I posted about it at the time, I did t realize they were a chain. There’s some supposedly good steak places around local to me, but I’m too cheap to try them lol

I prefer the ones I cook at home. smile.
Donovan's Steak and Chop House in San Diego. Cajun seasoned ribeye. Best steak I've ever had, and had it there several times. Always perfect. That steak made me want to be a better steak cook. I now do very good steaks at home.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
But you know, when they look at you like this, your cooking is A OK !

Deer backstrap & scallops, Anniversary dinner.

Would probably be better if you cooked them. smile
Are you some kind of well done steak Philistine?
Originally Posted by mathman
Are you some kind of well done steak Philistine?

Been a work in progress the last 20 years.

Now I’m happy as long as it’s hot all the way through and the fat is rendered down. Blood don’t scare me like it used to. smile
I have yet to buy a steak better tasting than I've grilled at home or cooked over a campfire. It's 90% about the quality of the meat IMO and restaurant meat is seldom better than the best cuts at good grocery store or butcher.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My restaurant.

It’s an all you can eat steak place.

P
Elk Shank at the Goblin Market in Mount Dora FL

Montana Wagyu New York at The Boat Club in Whitefish Montana

Most all my best steaks are prepared at home, like the Ribeyes that will be hitting the grill about an hour from now.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
You know, I can't remember the last time?

We're talking steaks here, not sex.

Get your mind outta the gutter.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
That looks awesome 99's! As usual.......

Thanks JG, we actually prefer deer, to beef !

But, there are times when we run out !

*** 'Gruff, cover your eyes !

Beautiful Pharm !!
Easy question for me. In fact, every time I've been there, the steak has been better by far than any other restaurant I've eaten at, and I'm referring to Peter Luger's, in Great Neck Long Island. The one in Brooklyn is just as good, but I've only been there once.

I always order the Porterhouse.
I've had some good ones over the years. Bob's Steakhouse west of Gettysburg, SD is a favorite. So is Minerva's in Sioux Falls. One year I had steak across the country from DC to Chicago to Denver to LA and the best one I had was at a place called View 34 here in Pierre. View 34 could never have replicated that feat so it was what it was, but at that very moment in time, it was one damn fine steak. I do like the Palm if I'm going upscale out of town.
Hogs breath cafe in Mackay, Australia was pretty darn good.
The ranch house in Yuba City, CA. makes a good one.
Originally Posted by fester

You have the 16 hour prime rib ?????

Forgot about those babies !

Been over here nearly 19 years !
Cattleman's Steakhouse. Fabens, Texas (about 25 miles downriver from El Paso) but up in the sandhills a little out of town. It has been many years, though.

I did have a good steak here in the DFW area about 20 years ago, though, a place called Del Frisco. Not the very best but very good.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by fester

You have the 16 hour prime rib ?????

Forgot about those babies !

Been over here nearly 19 years !
I had a rib eye and my bud had a prime rib. I’m not sure if it was the 16 hour but it was damn good to!
In a restaurant, would be a filet at Embers in Cincinnati. Before that, porterhouse at the sadly long gone F&N Steakhouse in Dayton, KY.

Nowadays. I get nothing in a restaurant that compares to the daughter and son in law’s home grown and finished beef, aged 21 days, processed and vacuum packed by next door neighbor, grilled on my grill.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Damn! That looks good.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

[quote=Sako76]Steve’s Sizzling Steaks in Carlstadt, NJ, City Hall Bar&Grill in Manhattan and Emeril Lagasi’s Chop House in Bethlehem, PA.

I thought it was East Rutherford till I looked it up!
2 times I've had great steaks, not just good, but great.

1st time at a the Pirates Cove in Baton Rouge, La. The place is not there anymore.

2nd time at Schwarz's Supper Club in St. Anna, WI. Outstanding steaks.

Heavy aged beef!
Hmm, that's a tough one. Eat a lot of steaks traveling all over. Had some mediocre to bad ones at places where they should of been better. The best? Let me have a cocktail and I'll come up with the list.
Wolfgangs (not wolfgang puck) 33 and Park.
In Denver, don't know the name, cut your tie off, sawdust on the floor, all you can eat, picnic tables, sliding pond from the balcony to the sawdust.
This was in 1992/3
There’s a couple that comes to mind. One was at the Iowa Machine Shed in Davenport, Iowa in 1981, mighty fine piece of beef there. The Peddler in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, still go there on occasion. Another one is a local joint that’s nothing fancy but they sure can fill a steak called the Butchers Block in Greeneville, Tennessee.
[quote=Sako76]Steve’s Sizzling Steaks in Carlstadt, NJ, City Hall Bar&Grill in Manhattan and Emeril Lagasi’s Chop House in Bethlehem, PA.

What's it a mile or so from the Stadium?
Wish my memory was that good.
Had to be a ribeye.
Sakoluvr;
Good afternoon or I suppose nearly evening to you sir, I hope the day was kind to you and you're well.

That's a tough one for me to pin down but I want to say as far as a restaurant there was a steak house chain place attached to a park and fly hotel we parked and flew from in Vancouver.

It was a decent chunk of beef and they cooked it the way I asked them to - which is the way Paul and Pharm like them.

The best steak however was one we got from my rancher buddy when he still had a herd. It was from an 18 month old steer that I'd branded so a bit of a personal connection there too.

The meat cutters aged them 21 days I believe, which didn't hurt.

But the flavor on this steer was memorable good - grand actually I'd say.

While I don't mind a good beef steak now and again, I'm quite happy with a young mulie or whitetail buck slab of meat done with Herbs de Provence and butter on the grill. I think for flavor I'd go with the back strap, but some of the slices off the top of the hind quarter are tolerable as well. wink

Thanks for the topic and thanks to those who've replied.

I am, of course, hungry now. laugh

All the best.

Dwayne
Traildust Salon in either Dallas or Ft Worth back around 88-90. Not sure what it was but 64 oz iirc. 1.5" x an inch overhang all around the plate. Eat it and get a free drink . sick
I've never ate a steak in a restaurant.
Best I have had in a restraunt was a ribeye at Ruths Chris in NW, AR. Literally could cut with a fork and it tasted great. I cook prime grade ribeyes at home On a PK Grill with hickory or apple smoke that are hard to beat.
Ruth Chris in Arlington VA in the early 90's. It overlooked the main runway for what is now Regan International Airport. The fillet was incredible along with some good red wine!
Columbia SC had good steak place called Scrivens Alley back in the early 90s....folks loved the prime rib.....unfortunately a kitchen fire took them out on a Sunday when they were closed.......dumb luck!
I'll get laughed at but since I rarely if ever order steak in a restaurant and prefer to cook them at home using the Alton Brown method of oven pan fried, I've had limited experience. The local Long Horn's has a real good Flo's Filet. Many years ago we ate at the Hiawassee country club in north Georgia. The Prime Rib was phenomenal. That was over 23 years ago. My wife doesn't eat seafood so if I go out I usually order seafood since we don't eat it at home.
Originally Posted by RMiller2

I agree, very good place for a steak.
Lots of great steaks over the years, Ruth’s Chris, Outback, Gibby’s, LongHorn and a bunch of others. Impossible to pick the best.
Beef, it’s whats for dinner in Manhattan.(Montana). A good no frills steak off some sort of giant mutant cow complete with relish tray, soup and ice cream for desert. Sir Scott’s Oasis. Go there.
F. McLintock’s Saloon in Shell Beach, CA
Fifth Street Steakhouse in Chico, CA.

They forgot to give us knives the last few times we were there.

Didn’t need them.
Corner Cupboard, Grand Lake, Colorado, circa mid 80's.
Stockyard in Nashville when Mario owned it.
A DINING experience to be sure.

A restaurant up just out of Danville IL/ IN? (somewhere in that neighborhood)!
Steak was superb, and the steak drippings based cream of mushroom soup was KILLER!
Originally Posted by Retired_Spook
Peter Luger Steakhouse NYC Porterhouse late 80's - nothing else has ever come close.

+ 1,never had a better one since,i hope i will .
Back in the early 2000's I worked a lot in Tokyo. One night we went to a restaurant at the top of this massive skyscraper. I had a steak that was the most beautiful thing I have ever eaten in my life. Wagyu beef. That steak cost over $125 and was worth every penny. I still dream about it.
Filet Mignon at Sullivan’s Steak House in Anchorage. Boss took me out for a retirement lunch.
Smith & Wolinskies, Chicago
28 oz, USDA Prime, dry aged bone in ribeye.
Med/rare
Wow, back to back the two most overrated/terrible excuses for a steakhouse, ever!!! Maybe it is me?

I end up in Sullivan's every few years and just shake my head! A couple years back it was a fancy tomahawk, dry-aged ribeye. ordered rare (hint of blue is okay). It was beyond medium, tough, and miserable.

S&W in Las Vegas, been there a handful of times and once in NY. NY was seriously great in every respect. Las Vegas was a joke the last two times. The dry-aged ribeye should be a no-brainer... twice in a row it sucked! Tough to the point of unchewable... and this was there house special "perfect" steak.

Club Paris in Anchorage and the Double Musky in Girdwood are usually perfect and at half-throttle they thump most good steakhouses I have tried.
Various Ruth Chris’s…. Always get the bone in rib-eye…. Another good ribeye at Morton’s in LA….. other than that I prefer at home….. if I’m going to pay for a top dollar meal I usually am looking for high quality seafood.
Metropolitan Grill, Seattle.

Probably have to step over homeless feces downtown now.
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Beef, it’s whats for dinner in Manhattan.(Montana). A good no frills steak off some sort of giant mutant cow complete with relish tray, soup and ice cream for desert. Sir Scott’s Oasis. Go there.

It is no longer the Oasis...it was bought and replaced by The Manhattan Saloon, I believe.

Regards

What's it a mile or so from the Stadium?

Yes, on Rt. 17 South.
That restaurant in Manhattan Montana that supposedly threw Jane Fonda out. Can’t remember the name of the establishment.
If all of you had had a Porterhouse at Peter Luger's, that's the only name we'd be seeing in this thread. grin

[Linked Image from peterluger.com]

PS It's huge with the NY Mafia. The bosses eat there all the time.
The Channel Club, Sitka, Alaska.
Originally Posted by WAM
Metropolitan Grill, Seattle.

Probably have to step over homeless feces downtown now.

Best to take a seat at the bar there, ask for their 35 day aged Ribeye, it's not on the menu.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If all of you had had a Porterhouse at Peter Luger's, that's the only name we'd be seeing in this thread. grin

Been there along with a couple of other NY steak houses. I would not say it was the best at any of them. Ruth Chris is way overrated as well. I lived 20 minutes from a number of NY steak houses BTW. I thought Steves was as good as any of them plus the best cheesecake anywhere.

80% of the process is getting a great cut of meat the rest is preparation. Butcher shop, Harris Teeter and Costco meat in that order .
Had a pretty good steak at Donanelles (sp?) bar and grill south of Hattiesburg MS close to Camp Shelby.

Building looks more like biker bar…

Dress is…. Whatever you want. 😂😂.

I do like Texas Roadhouse steaks…
For elk or buffalo, The Fort near Morrison, Colorado.
Probably dry aged at Hall’s Chop House in Charleston. Also memorable was a hunk of prime rib at a place called Sawdie’s on a back road out of Rutland Vermont back in the ‘80’s.
There was a steak house in North Conway, NH that served a Butt Steak that was right up there with the best.

Best? I'd have to go with Clyde's Steak House in Bromley, Kentucky, on the Ohio River just upriver from the Anderson Ferry. Clyde's served sirloins that were beyond compare. The restaurant gave off a picnicky vibe and they always had some frau playing the Hammond Organ.

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

Best Current? It has to be Moose's steaks at Deer Camp. Honorable #2 son has taken over grilling duties from me, and he really has surpassed the old man.

UPDATE: While I was sifting through old Cincinnati Enquirer pages I found the back story on Clyde Calloway from November 1955. This is well worth the read.

Clyde Calloway
Brother Sebastian's in Omaha.

It isn't hard to find a great steak in Omaha, but when we want a special steak, we go to Brother Seb's.
Last month

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...nights-supper-dinner-was-is#Post18396901
Haven’t ate there in 10 years, but Crawdaddy’s in Cookeville had a mushroom covered Ribeye that I had a few times that was pretty awesome.
The fillet at the Stockyard in Nashville was a special treat. Had a vendor that would take my wife and I there once or twice a year 20 years ago.
There’s a steakhouse at the top of Binions in Vegas. It’s not easy to find. It’s not well signed and there’s a couple of elevator changes. You have to BELIEVE it’s there. But the ribeyes were very good back in 2018.
Dad grilled some ribeyes from Sams about 4 or 5 years ago, dunno what it was about that pack ‘o meat from Sam’s, or if Dad was just on point on the grill, but it was as good as any I’ve ever eaten.
Surprised by the number of people mentioning Peter Lugers. The old school NYC steakhouse experience is cool but the steaks were nowhere near the best I've had when I've gone.

I'd probably have to go with El Gaucho in Aruba if I had to pick.
Luger's in Brooklyn very hard to beat.

-Ken
Gawd, I wish I could remember more of these places.

Peter lagers in Brooklyn was memorable, not sure it's the best I've had.

Had a ribeye at a steakhouse in Chicago 16 years ago or so. Smith and something. Brought 12 to the table and let me select which one I wanted. All dry aged. Great steak.

Emerils delmonico in Nola does a great steak. I heard they haven't reopened post covtard.

Was in Dallas recently and had a great cowboy ribeye at the Captial Grille.

I'm not sure those are the best, but they were all great.
The Rand Yacht Club (RIP)
I ate a great bone-in ribeye steak at Jamison's Steak House in Chicago a few years ago. Fantastic!
An original Longhorn in Charlotte, circa 1990 or so.
The menu was a small chalkboard on each table.
They offered 3-4 entree items[all steak]

Tomahawk Ribeye
The Old Lewiston Hotel in Lewiston Calif. used to serve a 2" thick slice of prime rib, very rare...then slathered with a clarified herb butter, then done to your preference on a red hot griddle for a crusty brown glaze. Best I've ever experienced by far. I know, sounds like a reheated piece of beef, which should be nasty...but no, never had anything quite like it anywhere else at any price.
Don't know about best "ever", but best in a long time was a Bison Ribeye at Saskatoon in Greenville S.C. about a month ago.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
The Old Lewiston Hotel in Lewiston Calif. used to serve a 2" thick slice of prime rib, very rare...then slathered with a clarified herb butter, then done to your preference on a red hot griddle for a crusty brown glaze. Best I've ever experienced by far. I know, sounds like a reheated piece of beef, which should be nasty...but no, never had anything quite like it anywhere else at any price.

Seems like a variation of the reverse sear method to me, a method by which many fine steaks are prepared.

Reheated steak can be excellent. When I grill a couple of steaks for myself I take one off when it's pretty rare. The other one gets cooked to med-rare for immediate consumption. The next day I put the rare steak under a hot broiler to reheat and it always comes out great.
Cattleman's Steakhouse in the Stockyards OKC
Click's Steakhouse in Pawnee, OK
Flat Iron Grill in Issaquah
There used to be a place in Denison, TX called the railhead. I got to go there when I graduated HS. I was even allowed to order a ribeye. It was damn good. I don’t know if it’s still open.

As for places I know are still open, Las Brisas is Lubbock, TX is hard to beat!
Killin’s in Pearland Texas
I’ve never eaten at a high end steak house. Basic chain restaurants have been common. I prefer cooking my own, either over charcoal or oven broiled after covering a ribeye or porterhouse with salt pepper and garlic.
Last week I had a good Rib Eye at San Tan Flats in Arizona.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
The Channel Club, Sitka, Alaska.
It has been almost exactly 42 years since I ate there, but I cannot remember much about the steak.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Uhh...no thanks.

I can cut my own.
I pretty much roll my own. Parents, both with farm backgrounds, knew how to pick meat and what to do with it, usually involving a grill. And being poor, or at least cheap, enjoy "entertaining" at the home place much better than picking up the tab somewhere, which in Montana is usually far away.
Best steak "out" in memory came at a ranch table from a select ranch steer just after the trucks left with the fall sale. Can still smell it.
Cattleman's Cafe. Oklahoma City.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Brother Sebastian's in Omaha.

It isn't hard to find a great steak in Omaha, but when we want a special steak, we go to Brother Seb's.

This is interesting. I had one of the most expensive/worst steaks I've ever had in omaha at 801 chophouse.
The most disappointing steak I ever had was at Ruth’s Chris’s.
Originally Posted by ironbender
The most disappointing steak I ever had was at Ruth’s Chris’s.

They were good in the late 80's, early 90's, then went to hell. I figure private equity screwed them up.
Bison on the barbie, it was really good! Had to keep up with the pictures.

[Linked Image]
As far as I recall, I haven't had a steak in any restaurant in many years. I can afford it, but fu.ck restaurant food, unless it's the only option.
Dude, you got good lookin meat !

grin
I schedule a trip to the Double Musky whenever I’m in Anchorage. Their peppercorn steak rocks!
Originally Posted by elkaddict
I schedule a trip to the Double Musky whenever I’m in Anchorage. Their peppercorn steak rocks!
Get their cookbook.... their French Pepper steak recipe is killer and not that difficult to do.
The best steakhouse within a hundred plus miles is just at the bottom of my hill a half hour away in a Winters California.
The Buckhorn.
Rustic atmosphere, good ownership, great chefs and menu.
Nobody else compares in the area.

Sakoluvr: One steak that stands out in my mind and taste buds was from the "SW Steakhouse" on the Lake of Dreams in Las Vegas, Nevada!
The steak was the 40 ounce "Porterhouse" (for two!) and was "dry aged" and cooked to perfection!
I have eaten at two of the top ten rated restaurants in the world (one in Honolulu, Hawaii and the other, 35+ years ago, in san fransicko, kalifornicationkopia - and the steaks there were great but did NOT hold a candle to that fantastic Porterhouse from SW Steakhouse in Las Vegas.
LOTS of wonderful, never frozen, fresh and tasty steaks here in Montana but the preparation, ampleness and incredible taste of that Porterhouse tops those as well.
When in Las Vegas give it a try (bring money - I looked it up and its $195.00 ala Carte now!).
Ummm..... I'm getting hungry just thinking about that steak.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
A dude once asked an old rancher if he ever ate his own beef?
He replied “sure, when ever I eat at the neighbors”
A place in Sebring called the Gator Shack, They roll a cart out and you pick which one you want and they cook it for you. The first time I was there they rolled out the cart and everyone at our table chose the one they wanted, there were 8 at our table and there were 12 steaks on the cart every one had chose except me. what's up with that one on they end that big Honkin one I said, he replied oh I didn't have enough time to cut in two, I said I will take it he said sir that piece has to be atleast 48 OZ I said I know I want it. They owner came to our table and said sir that cut is 50.5 OZ are you sure you want it, I then said will it be ready at the same time as they others? He said yes and offered to cook it himself, Well it was awesome with all they other stuff Baked Potato ect two 32OZ stines of IPA and Keylime pie to finish it off, it was the best meal I have ever had. All the wait staff was watching me and actually cheered when I finished, they owner came out and shook my hand and said thankyou I said why are you thanking me for he said I don't know but thankyou.LOL

My wife said if you die on me, I am going to friggin Kill you
Doe's in Greenville, Mississippi .
Originally Posted by granitestate1
A place in Sebring called the Gator Shack, They roll a cart out and you pick which one you want and they cook it for you. The first time I was there they rolled out the cart and everyone at our table chose the one they wanted, there were 8 at our table and there were 12 steaks on the cart every one had chose except me. what's up with that one on they end that big Honkin one I said, he replied oh I didn't have enough time to cut in two, I said I will take it he said sir that piece has to be atleast 48 OZ I said I know I want it. They owner came to our table and said sir that cut is 50.5 OZ are you sure you want it, I then said will it be ready at the same time as they others? He said yes and offered to cook it himself, Well it was awesome with all they other stuff Baked Potato ect two 32OZ stines of IPA and Keylime pie to finish it off, it was the best meal I have ever had. All the wait staff was watching me and actually cheered when I finished, they owner came out and shook my hand and said thankyou I said why are you thanking me for he said I don't know but thankyou.LOL

My wife said if you die on me, I am going to friggin Kill you

How’s your LDL?

P
Eating out, I'll order prime rib, hard to fix at home.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
[quote=granitestate1]A place in Sebring called the Gator Shack, They roll a cart out and you pick which one you want and they cook it for you. The first time I was there they rolled out the cart and everyone at our table chose the one they wanted, there were 8 at our table and there were 12 steaks on the cart every one had chose except me. what's up with that one on they end that big Honkin one I said, he replied oh I didn't have enough time to cut in two, I said I will take it he said sir that piece has to be atleast 48 OZ I said I know I want it. They owner came to our table and said sir that cut is 50.5 OZ are you sure you want it, I then said will it be ready at the same time as they others? He said yes and offered to cook it himself, Well it was awesome with all they other stuff Baked Potato ect two 32OZ stines of IPA and Keylime pie to finish it off, it was the best meal I have ever had. All the wait staff was watching me and actually cheered when I finished, they owner came out and shook my hand and said thankyou I said why are you thanking me for he said I don't know but thankyou.LOL

How’s your LDL?

P

No matter what it was after that it was worth it, my cholesterol is fine the good the bad and they ugly which really pisses of my wife. I said aren't you happy for me that I have good numbers "yes but it still pisses me off that you can eat what you want"LOL
34 ounce ribeye at Buck Owen's Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, Ca.
Eland steak, at a restaurant in Kimberly, South Africa.
I can't belive that people still belive animal saturated fat has anything to do with your serum lipid numbers. This has been dispatched years ago for 85-90% of the population.

You may be in the small percentage where it means something, but I'd put large dollar amounts against it.
Sal, that looks like a great place to chew on a steak.
Best steak was a small place in one of the Dallas airport terminals called Mr. B's.......................genuine mesquite open grill with fabulous meat & Louis VIII for an after dinner brandy.

I was travelling to Monterrey MX on a regular basis & would overnight at the airport & fly into Monterrey next morning. Place is no longer there anymore.

Smith & Wolensky in Chicago is also a contender but the mesquite grill adds enough to get the nod.

For prime rib, there is a place in St. Louis called Kris's & the meat is fabulous & big...............lived there for 3 years & went there often. They are still there.

But I also have to mention Lawry's in Chicago (now closed) which had really great prime rib as well with more atmosphere than Kris's.

MM
Originally Posted by Salmonella
The best steakhouse within a hundred plus miles is just at the bottom of my hill a half hour away in a Winters California.
The Buckhorn.

I have to hope Cattleman’s is at least second?
Originally Posted by Salmonella
The Buckhorn.

Definitely a local iconic steak house. If you have to visit Northern California. You might as well suffer through a better than average cut of beef, with the added benefit of a great atmosphere!
Hard to believe, but possibly the best steak I've ever had was on a cruise we went on with a group of my high school reunion planners . Went to Alaska on the cruise and a couple of the dinners were at the high end restaurants on the ship that aren't covered under the regular cruise fair. Our cruise planner gave us complimentary tickets and we went as a group. I got lobster and a T-bone steak along with lobster bisque because most restaurants serve a pretty small meal with a steak. The steak was huge - it almost covered the entire plate and it was cooked perfectly medium rare. It was so tender you could cut it with the fork and the lobster was perfect also. The service was incredible along with it.

Second best steak I've ever had was a Filet Mignon stuffed with clams, crab, and scallops at a place called Salty's in Portland. Possibly the best seafood and steak restaurant in Oregon IMO, but I'll admit I'm too cheap to eat there often... it's not unusual to run into celebrities there as many of them have homes in the Portland area. Ran into Sam Elliot there having dinner with his wife and friends have run into Tom Selleck there. Funny thing is, for the most part folks see these celebrities in this area and often give them their space and don't bother them... but the steak was darned good.
Never buy seafood in a restaurant.

Waaaay too easy to get it yourself.

P
[quote=257 roberts]Porterhouse at Burn's Steakhouse in Tampa, Fl.....you have to experience it to believe it[/ion]

There wine colection is unreal they have over 100,000 bottles in inventory.
Bastard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin
Originally Posted by 257 roberts
Porterhouse at Burn's Steakhouse in Tampa, Fl.....you have to experience it to believe it

Berns rocks! Definitely in my tiptop 3 all time. Good call.

Best steak I've ever had out? At The Steakhouse in Circus Circus casino in Vegas. They age the prime meat right on site. Unreal good.

Best ever? Got some ultra prime steaks at a little butcher shop and grilled them with a few 24 CF buddies. They were beyond description good.
At a restaurant, must have been a big Spencer at Sizzler's when they first started serving them on a cast iron steak/fajita plater on a wood serving board, virtually cooked while you were eating them...

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost
At a restaurant, must have been a big Spencer at Sizzler's when they first started serving them on a cast iron steak/fajita plater on a wood serving board, virtually cooked while you were eating them...

Phil
They don’t serve tube steak, Phil.
© 24hourcampfire