-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The best steakhouse within a hundred plus miles is just at the bottom of my hill a half hour away in a Winters California.
The Buckhorn.
Rustic atmosphere, good ownership, great chefs and menu.
Nobody else compares in the area.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Proud NRA Life Member
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Sakoluvr: One steak that stands out in my mind and taste buds was from the "SW Steakhouse" on the Lake of Dreams in Las Vegas, Nevada!
The steak was the 40 ounce "Porterhouse" (for two!) and was "dry aged" and cooked to perfection!
I have eaten at two of the top ten rated restaurants in the world (one in Honolulu, Hawaii and the other, 35+ years ago, in san fransicko, kalifornicationkopia - and the steaks there were great but did NOT hold a candle to that fantastic Porterhouse from SW Steakhouse in Las Vegas.
LOTS of wonderful, never frozen, fresh and tasty steaks here in Montana but the preparation, ampleness and incredible taste of that Porterhouse tops those as well.
When in Las Vegas give it a try (bring money - I looked it up and its $195.00 ala Carte now!).
Ummm..... I'm getting hungry just thinking about that steak.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A dude once asked an old rancher if he ever ate his own beef?
He replied “sure, when ever I eat at the neighbors”

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A place in Sebring called the Gator Shack, They roll a cart out and you pick which one you want and they cook it for you. The first time I was there they rolled out the cart and everyone at our table chose the one they wanted, there were 8 at our table and there were 12 steaks on the cart every one had chose except me. what's up with that one on they end that big Honkin one I said, he replied oh I didn't have enough time to cut in two, I said I will take it he said sir that piece has to be atleast 48 OZ I said I know I want it. They owner came to our table and said sir that cut is 50.5 OZ are you sure you want it, I then said will it be ready at the same time as they others? He said yes and offered to cook it himself, Well it was awesome with all they other stuff Baked Potato ect two 32OZ stines of IPA and Keylime pie to finish it off, it was the best meal I have ever had. All the wait staff was watching me and actually cheered when I finished, they owner came out and shook my hand and said thankyou I said why are you thanking me for he said I don't know but thankyou.LOL

My wife said if you die on me, I am going to friggin Kill you

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Doe's in Greenville, Mississippi .

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by granitestate1
A place in Sebring called the Gator Shack, They roll a cart out and you pick which one you want and they cook it for you. The first time I was there they rolled out the cart and everyone at our table chose the one they wanted, there were 8 at our table and there were 12 steaks on the cart every one had chose except me. what's up with that one on they end that big Honkin one I said, he replied oh I didn't have enough time to cut in two, I said I will take it he said sir that piece has to be atleast 48 OZ I said I know I want it. They owner came to our table and said sir that cut is 50.5 OZ are you sure you want it, I then said will it be ready at the same time as they others? He said yes and offered to cook it himself, Well it was awesome with all they other stuff Baked Potato ect two 32OZ stines of IPA and Keylime pie to finish it off, it was the best meal I have ever had. All the wait staff was watching me and actually cheered when I finished, they owner came out and shook my hand and said thankyou I said why are you thanking me for he said I don't know but thankyou.LOL

My wife said if you die on me, I am going to friggin Kill you

How’s your LDL?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Eating out, I'll order prime rib, hard to fix at home.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
[quote=granitestate1]A place in Sebring called the Gator Shack, They roll a cart out and you pick which one you want and they cook it for you. The first time I was there they rolled out the cart and everyone at our table chose the one they wanted, there were 8 at our table and there were 12 steaks on the cart every one had chose except me. what's up with that one on they end that big Honkin one I said, he replied oh I didn't have enough time to cut in two, I said I will take it he said sir that piece has to be atleast 48 OZ I said I know I want it. They owner came to our table and said sir that cut is 50.5 OZ are you sure you want it, I then said will it be ready at the same time as they others? He said yes and offered to cook it himself, Well it was awesome with all they other stuff Baked Potato ect two 32OZ stines of IPA and Keylime pie to finish it off, it was the best meal I have ever had. All the wait staff was watching me and actually cheered when I finished, they owner came out and shook my hand and said thankyou I said why are you thanking me for he said I don't know but thankyou.LOL

How’s your LDL?

P

No matter what it was after that it was worth it, my cholesterol is fine the good the bad and they ugly which really pisses of my wife. I said aren't you happy for me that I have good numbers "yes but it still pisses me off that you can eat what you want"LOL

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
34 ounce ribeye at Buck Owen's Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, Ca.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Eland steak, at a restaurant in Kimberly, South Africa.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I can't belive that people still belive animal saturated fat has anything to do with your serum lipid numbers. This has been dispatched years ago for 85-90% of the population.

You may be in the small percentage where it means something, but I'd put large dollar amounts against it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sal, that looks like a great place to chew on a steak.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best steak was a small place in one of the Dallas airport terminals called Mr. B's.......................genuine mesquite open grill with fabulous meat & Louis VIII for an after dinner brandy.

I was travelling to Monterrey MX on a regular basis & would overnight at the airport & fly into Monterrey next morning. Place is no longer there anymore.

Smith & Wolensky in Chicago is also a contender but the mesquite grill adds enough to get the nod.

For prime rib, there is a place in St. Louis called Kris's & the meat is fabulous & big...............lived there for 3 years & went there often. They are still there.

But I also have to mention Lawry's in Chicago (now closed) which had really great prime rib as well with more atmosphere than Kris's.

MM

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Salmonella
The best steakhouse within a hundred plus miles is just at the bottom of my hill a half hour away in a Winters California.
The Buckhorn.

I have to hope Cattleman’s is at least second?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Salmonella
The Buckhorn.

Definitely a local iconic steak house. If you have to visit Northern California. You might as well suffer through a better than average cut of beef, with the added benefit of a great atmosphere!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hard to believe, but possibly the best steak I've ever had was on a cruise we went on with a group of my high school reunion planners . Went to Alaska on the cruise and a couple of the dinners were at the high end restaurants on the ship that aren't covered under the regular cruise fair. Our cruise planner gave us complimentary tickets and we went as a group. I got lobster and a T-bone steak along with lobster bisque because most restaurants serve a pretty small meal with a steak. The steak was huge - it almost covered the entire plate and it was cooked perfectly medium rare. It was so tender you could cut it with the fork and the lobster was perfect also. The service was incredible along with it.

Second best steak I've ever had was a Filet Mignon stuffed with clams, crab, and scallops at a place called Salty's in Portland. Possibly the best seafood and steak restaurant in Oregon IMO, but I'll admit I'm too cheap to eat there often... it's not unusual to run into celebrities there as many of them have homes in the Portland area. Ran into Sam Elliot there having dinner with his wife and friends have run into Tom Selleck there. Funny thing is, for the most part folks see these celebrities in this area and often give them their space and don't bother them... but the steak was darned good.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Never buy seafood in a restaurant.

Waaaay too easy to get it yourself.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=257 roberts]Porterhouse at Burn's Steakhouse in Tampa, Fl.....you have to experience it to believe it[/ion]

There wine colection is unreal they have over 100,000 bottles in inventory.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bastard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 55 invisible), 14,760 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,174
Posts18,543,076
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.