Home
Posted By: SamOlson Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Bet I die of pancreatic cancer or a heart attack within the next 12 years.
(46 yr old now)

You?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
No way Sam,
laugh
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Originally Posted by SamOlson
(46 yr old now)

You?

Pretty sure I will die some day.
Posted By: eric1186 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
48 now, early 60’s, cancer.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Sam, how are the cattle doing:
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Counter jinx.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
I don’t have any plans, yet.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Next summer or fall
102. Heart attack in the hot tub with the geishas after a day of heli-skiing in Japan.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
My luck, I'll get hit by a beer truck the week after I quit drinking.
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
102. Heart attack in the hot tub with the geishas after a day of heli-skiing in Japan.

Uumm...we are predicting, not wishing.
Originally Posted by RUM7

Yeah, know how that works. If it were raining fifty dollar notes I would be smacked in the ear with a purse full of coins.
I'm 40 and have been a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic for 38 of those years so who the hell knows.
Well, I bet I was going to outlive Momma. I set the pension up for maximum payout. But If I die first, she loses $1600/month income.

I am adding $1500/month to IRAs, and do not intend to touch the 401K until the feeds demand we do so. Then we will transfer what we are forced to into another savings account. She should be okay, if the worst happens. Our daughter is comfortable and has promised her Mom one of the seven bedrooms in her house if need be.
If I hit 60, it will be a miracle based on family history of cancer and CV issues. Means I've got about another 10 years.

Family is set.
Posted By: plumbum Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

You won't know if you are coming or going.

-Red Foxx
Posted By: Muffin Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
I'll be 70 end of next year.....

grandparents passed at 104, 97, 89 and 64(heavy smoker)

parents, one still kicking at 95, mom passed at 88.............

So for me, who knows, sometime between now and later...........
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Someday.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
No plans for it and no time for it right now. I figure I’ve got another 50 good years ahead of me before I start slowing down.
I love the optimism!
Posted By: krp Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Never thought I'd live this long...

Since I survived this long then probably to my 90s like most in the family.

Kent
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23

Make it a Bud Light truck, then you’ll know god really hated you.

😝🦫
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Make it a Bud Light truck, then you’ll know god really hated you.

😝🦫
Lol. No doubt. Lucky for me, there are fewer of those trucks on the road these days.
Interesting choice of topics…one that has crossed my mind a lot lately.

My grandfather died when he was 72.

My father died when he was 72.

My brother died when he was 71.

I just turned 72.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

I just turned 72.
My wife's grandpa died at 74, he had 3 brothers. 2 of those brothers died at 74 but the last one died at 102. Funny story, his funeral was during a terrible ice storm and only 9 people total, family, minister, organist showed up. His son's were mad but everyone else thought it was pretty funny. Guy had 40 great-grandchildren and 9 people came to his funeral.
Posted By: 79S Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
(46 yr old now)

You?

Hey brother, you thread reminds me of this song

Brother

Pinky toe promise this is my last post
Posted By: hardway Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Been real close more than once in my 44 years.... especially in the last 3. I have a 14 and 12 year old..... I'd like to see them finish growing up, get married, grandkids, etc 😔
Posted By: viking Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
No one knows. If we did, well it wouldn’t be good.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

I just turned 72.

I have a friend that was in a similar predicament, he spoke of it often, not a male member of his family lived beyond 67.

He's in his early 90's now.
I'll live until I don't.

I'll try to enjoy life best I can while I can.

The actuarial tables are not in my favor, I intend to be the outlier.
Posted By: RicG Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
My Mom died at 69. Dad made it to 93. I'm about 73. I'm in the middle so whenever is fine.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
(46 yr old now)

You?

So you really think you'll be dead by 58?
Posted By: kappa8 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
"Don't eat carrots, they'll kill you. Everyone who's ever eaten carrots has died." --Rush Limbaugh RIP

Well, I've eaten carrots, so clearly I'm gonna die. My dad's eaten carrots too, but still going at 95, so I got that going.
Originally Posted by Pat85
(46 yr old now)

You?

Pard,

He’s already dead inside Christ sake go look at his pheasant thread..

I promise this is it no more posting.
Posted By: BLG Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
What if you had the ability to actually know when you would kick the bucket?

Would you want to know that? I personally wouldn’t.

Sorry to hijack, Sam.

Clyde
Posted By: Dinny Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I'm 40 and have been a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic for 38 of those years so who the hell knows.

Stop taking your insulin. I bet your demise would be easier to predict. 😁
Posted By: reivertom Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
I predict I will be shot by a jealous boyfriend when I'm 103.
Things I don't think about..............

1. - when am I going to die
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
samolson: You are one morbid mo'fo!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: ingwe Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
(46 yr old now)

You?

I'm banking on a heart attack sometime in the next four years.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Not soon !

But when I do, you can bet it was an intermittent fasting routine, that went horribly wrong !

wink
Originally Posted by 79S
Brother

Pinky toe promise this is my last post

You should just make this part of your sig line.
Posted By: RMiller2 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Probably like most everyone else, in a flash of light, sometime in the next five years.
Posted By: 69sportfury Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Day after I retire, I'll get hit by a car.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Wish I could, as I'd like some idea of how rapidly I should expend my resources.
Posted By: Steve Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Spontaneous combustion in 10 years. Like a Spinal Tap drummer
Posted By: killerv Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Originally Posted by Steve
Spontaneous combustion in 10 years. Like a Spinal Tap drummer

They had some strange deaths, choking on someone elses vomit, a bazaar gardening accident..
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Some years back, I had a guy that used to drop by my shop, he absolutely hated undertakers and the funeral industry with a frothing at the mouth passion, called 'em 'robber ghouls'. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so he went to the coroners office...got the rules and regs for transporting, death certificate issuance, no requirement for embalming in Calif for family funerals within a narrow time frame, went to the crematorium and covered his bases there and prepaid everything, made his son read and sign his instructions. His attending physician pronounced death, his wife and sons loaded him in a used refrigerator cardboard box in the back of his pickup, hauled him up to Medford and had him cremated...total bill, not counting gas for his pickup...275 bucks, and 7.50 fee for recording the death certificate. You gotta admit, the man had style.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Been having bad headaches lately. Had an MRI without contrast last week. Spot on my brain. Either brain damage from previous trauma or brain cancer. MRI with contrast scheduled for Friday the 13th to know for sure. I am betting it's malignant and will end up taking me out within 5 years.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Been having bad headaches lately. Had an MRI without contrast last week. Spot on my brain. Either brain damage from previous trauma or brain cancer. MRI with contrast scheduled for Friday the 13th to know for sure. I am betting it's malignant and will end up taking me out within 5 years.

Are you serious?
Posted By: viking Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23

That sucks

Are you serious?

Yep. I have been telling you guys that I have bad luck. It's not good news when the good news that you want to come out of a test is that you have brain damage. I know, one of the comedians here will tell me that they didn't need a doctor to diagnose that in me.

Paul, sorry to hear of this.

I did find the date slightly humorous.

In all sincerity, good luck!

Clyde
Jesus Paul. Hang in there.

I'm hoping for brain damage. It would explain a lot... wink
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
I have known healthy looking people who dropped dead in their 50s.
I have known unhealthy looking people who were dying of some illness for 20 years and then died in their 70s.
3 times the guy sitting next to me at work, killed himself over the weekend.
3 times people I knew died over the weekend from mountain climbing.

I am 72.
I just did 5 chin ups, 25 push ups, and hiked a mile in the hills.
I just ate meat for lunch.
I think I will die at 92 from pneumonia.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23

SOB!

I guess no-one is getting out alive, but that’s getting put on notice…….

If I am going down, I am going down laughing and cutting up...maybe a little prodding too. It makes sense that it is the brain damage. I have had two traumatic impacts in the past. I have also had headaches all my adult life that nobody can figure out. But, I had a head MRI at some point in the past where this wasn't seen. The radiologist called it likely "Chronic Gliosis" but couldn't rule out a tumor without the contrast test. I had never heard of chronic gliosis before. I almost didn't accept the Friday the 13th appointment. lol
Posted By: KillerBee Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23

I will say a prayer for you today, Paul!

In my case I should have been dead so many times, I can't believe I am still alive.

One time while hunting I fell off of an approximately 200-foot cliff. The first time I hit the ground I flew up and did two complete summersaults, then I hit the ground again up in the air with another 2 full rotation summersaults. When I hit the bottom, it was like I landed on a giant soft feather pillow. I stood up checked myself out and didn't even have a scratch. On the way down I was holding onto my bow with 8 razorblade-sharp broadheads.

I figure that when God blows his whistle and says" Alright KillerBee, get out of the pool, then my time will be up. None of us get to determine that date. But when it's my turn I will be leaving with a big smile on my face and thankful for a great life jampacked with fun and adventure.

AMEN!
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I have known healthy looking people who dropped dead in their 50s.
I have known unhealthy looking people who were dying of some illness for 20 years and then died in their 70s.
3 times people I knew died over the weekend from mountain climbing.

I am 72.
I just did 5 chin ups, 25 push ups, and hiked a mile in the hills.
I just ate meat for lunch.
I think I will die at 92 from pneumonia.
Did your work have people stop sitting next to you?

If I am going down, I am going down laughing and cutting up...maybe a little prodding too. It makes sense that it is the brain damage. I have had two traumatic impacts in the past. I have also had headaches all my adult life that nobody can figure out. But, I had a head MRI at some point in the past where this wasn't seen. The radiologist called it likely "Chronic Gliosis" but couldn't rule out a tumor without the contrast test. I had never heard of chronic gliosis before. I almost didn't accept the Friday the 13th appointment. lol

Hoping you get taken out at ninety while riding four abreast in a highway lane, ignoring the bike path, focusing on the ass of a 24 yo in front of you.

Are you serious?

Yep. I have been telling you guys that I have bad luck. It's not good news when the good news that you want to come out of a test is that you have brain damage. I know, one of the comedians here will tell me that they didn't need a doctor to diagnose that in me.

My pards stepmom went in for migraines didn’t think anything of it. They did mri dr said get ahold of them with results. Not to long after the Dr called said you need to come back in. So they did and the dr gave her an expiration date. I think it was a tumor that got her. So pard best of luck and go take some sweet ass jumps.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
No idea. I sort of hope it will be a surprise.

Hoping you get taken out at ninety while riding four abreast in a highway lane, ignoring the bike path, focusing on the ass of a 24 yo in front of you.

Woman, right?
We are talking about you, correct?

No judgement here.
Sorry to here that Paul. I hope it turns out to be the best possible outcome for you.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23

Woman, right?

LOL, never lose your sense of humor, case in point.

Hope it all turns out for the best Paul.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23

Woman, right?

Don't get too particular. At 90 be glad you're still focusing. smirk
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Originally Posted by 19352012

I got cubicle walls
Posted By: smokepole Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23

No, that's where they put the problem employees.

I got cubicle walls

Do you do contract work? I have a few people I'd like for you to sit by.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23

I got cubicle walls

Do you do contract work? I have a few people I'd like for you to sit by.
Can we send him to Congress?
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Matthew 24:36 No one knows the day or the hour...
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Pat85
(46 yr old now)

You?

Pard,

He’s already dead inside Christ sake go look at his pheasant thread..

I promise this is it no more posting.

Pard, promise this is not your last post.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Good luck Paul.

Have an appt with my kidney Dr tomorrow and not looking forward to it. I changed a bunch of meds and habbits last summer but it hasn't seemed to have helped.

When it's my time, it's my time.
Posted By: Reba Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
I am 79 and still chasing after my Germain Short Hairs.

Was in Wyoming mid late Sept chasing Sage Grouse. I am now in Montana chasing sharp tail and huns. Phesant opener is the 7th.

I am blessed and will take advantage of it.

Still drinking beer and single malt.

My God bless everyone of you.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Predicting your death? - 10/03/23
Haven't read the thread. Has anyone brought up those stupid f'ing watches that tell you everything from your heart rate being wrong to how much lint is in your belly button? I imagine that they soon will give you the exact minute that you are going to die, given the decrepit condition of your body.
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Good luck Paul.

Have an appt with my kidney Dr tomorrow and not looking forward to it. I changed a bunch of meds and habbits last summer but it hasn't seemed to have helped.

When it's my time, it's my time.

Best wishes pard.
[/quote]Pard, promise this is not your last post.[quote]

Shouldn’t this be directed at Paul?😏

Clyde
(46 yr old now)

You?

Kinda dark pard.

My paternal grandfather went at 59, my dad at 60, so Ive always figured 61ish on the outside.
Originally Posted by Reba
I am 79 and still chasing after my Germain Short Hairs.

Was in Wyoming mid late Sept chasing Sage Grouse. I am now in Montana chasing sharp tail and huns. Phesant opener is the 7th.

I am blessed and will take advantage of it.

Still drinking beer and single malt.

My God bless everyone of you.

There's hope!

Sorry fellas, I did get a little dark with this topic. Not my usual mood, I'm gonna blame all the foggy weather and change of seasons.

Good time to think about life and how lucky we are.
Posted By: viking Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Rooster season should cheer you up Sam. But then again your on the rez 😆
My dad passed away at 57 he smoked 1-2 packs a day and led a sedentary life style of couch sitting when he was not working as an accountant in NYC. My mother also smoked for most of her life and passed at 76. I'm 55 now. My dads brother is like 95 now and was working as a stock broker until a few years ago. I've never smoked a single cigarette in my life, rarely drink and usually walk a couple of miles a day so I hope to follow my uncle. I have too many guns to be dying in the next couple of years, the wife wouldn't have a clue as to their value and would probably get hosed by any local dealers. My kids are all girls and they have little interest in my stuff except to sell it for nice shoes and pocketbooks.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Dang,
Sam thinks he's tapping out in his 50's, Paul has a spot on his brain. This thread sucks.

Hope you both die while getting laid in your 90's.
If they have viagra now, just think about what cool drugs they could have for us in a couple decades. Worth the wait.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Haven't read the thread. Has anyone brought up those stupid f'ing watches that tell you everything from your heart rate being wrong to how much lint is in your belly button? I imagine that they soon will give you the exact minute that you are going to die, given the decrepit condition of your body.

How much lint before you get into the danger zone?
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by 5sdad

How much lint before you get into the danger zone?
It becomes a fire hazard at 3 ounces.
Most of my Dad's 9 siblings made it to 88+. One died of cancer at 58, after smoking all his early years.
Dad made 92, Mom made 78, after smoking from age 12.
As a non-smoker, who gave up Cope years ago, I figure the odds are I'll make 90.
Unless I pizz "The Warden" off! laugh
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
I only have one question regarding, predicting my own death.

What time is it?
Posted By: EdM Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Come on, I suspect your Father can outwork most 30 year olds... Why do you think you will differ?
Posted By: CCCC Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
I sure don't like to know this - hoping for you to have a much longer and very pleasant/rewarding ride.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Mister Paul, you don't like me so much, but I'm Praying for you.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
So, while in the thread - must say that I cannot have an idea when, how, where, etc..

Now 85 - got past two or three very serious accidents/injuries, replacement aortic valve including severe medical mistake and complications, roaring spinal infection a short while back there, then transverse myelitis - so today was working the tractor/backhoe, then raking some tons of 2" rock and planning tomorrow.

No predictions - no worries.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Originally Posted by EdM
Come on, I suspect your Father can outwork most 30 year olds... Why do you think you will differ?

Ed, my dad is 74 and does great for his age. But he's almost died twice, his brother, my uncle died around 60. Both my grandpa's died around 60.

Just playing the odds.
Posted By: ERK Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Don’t know when or how but I guarantee you I will never be in a nursing home. Wife and kids all know this in advance. I’m 70 and in good health so who knows. Edk
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
(46 yr old now)

You?

Dang cuzzin!

That's heavy.

Think happy thoughts.
I'll also add that although I'm diabetic and that'll likely kill me, I take after my mom's genetics and her side of the family lives to be in their 90's and even 3 digits. They all were miserable as fùck all but they live long.
Posted By: TheSOB Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Easy for me. Was diagnosed with a terminal cancer, and if the cancer continues to progress, at this rate I'm looking at around 5 years. Still planning on living forever, and so far, so good.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Originally Posted by TheSOB
Easy for me. Was diagnosed with a terminal cancer, and if the cancer continues to progress, at this rate I'm looking at around 5 years. Still planning on living forever, and so far, so good.
We need to see more posts from you just to see your awesome username
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Damn Paul, I don’t really know you but that’s a tough read! My first wife had constant headaches and started having vision problems. She hated docs but I finally got her to go in for an MRI. Found a golf ball size tumor at the base of her skull. Had some really good docs at U of U. They went in through her sinuses and got it. She was 36 at the time and beat that one.

Leukemia got her seven years later and she probably would have survived that too if she would have gone in when I first told her to. Several months later when she did finally go it was too late. Get after it immediately! You & SOB be in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
I got sepsis a few years back after a particularly rough bout with the flu. Only in my early thirties. Otherwise healthy. But that sepsis nearly killed me.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's what gets me next time. Docs said a few more hours waiting at home I woulda been leaving the hospital in a bag.

-Jake
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
This thread FUGGIN sucks
Posted By: LBP Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
I don’t know when but hopefully I’m fuggin a chubby chick with a hairy puzzy when I go! 😁
Posted By: Seafire Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
I come from hardy stock...

I am a descendent of the first people that got off the boat at Jamestowne in 1607. There was a 100 to 110 people on that boat, that landed in what was to be Jamestowne.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamestown,_Virginia

Quote from the article on Wiki:

The Jamestown[a] settlement in the Colony of Virginia was the first permanent English settlement in the Americas. It was located on the northeast bank of the James River, about 2.5 mi (4 km) southwest of the center of modern Williamsburg.[1] It was established by the Virginia Company of London as "James Fort" on May 4, 1607 O.S. (May 14, 1607 N.S.),[2] and was considered permanent after a brief abandonment in 1610. It followed several failed attempts, including the Lost Colony of Roanoke, established in 1585 on Roanoke Island, later part of North Carolina. Jamestown served as the colonial capital from 1616 until 1699. Despite the dispatch of more settlers and supplies, more than 80 percent of the colonists died in 1609–10, mostly from starvation and disease.[3] I am a descendent of the 20% that survived all of that. My early ancestors became prominent in early Colonial Colonal Virginia.

Great grand parents many generations back, were born in 1696... People lived to be 40 and that was considered old age. 50 was really old age. Robert Francis Lilly and his spouse Francine Moody were the first people to settle in what is now West Virginia in the early 1700s.

They had 16 children. The last 4 were born in wedlock. Francine *( Frankie) died in 1806. Robert Francis ( Frank ) died in 1810. ( http://mymedievalgenealogy.blogspot.com/2013/10/robert-lilly-and-mary-fanny-moody.html )

Heck, I could live to be a 100 or get hit by a bus, this time next week.

I always figured that God knows before the day we are born.. how long we are going to live and how we are going to come to our demise. So why really stress out over it. When its your time, its your time.

My granddad use to tell us what goes around, comes around, so ya better make it good. That translated in my head to: " We all have a beginning and we all have an end.. we have no control over either... we just have control of everything in between' > That is how I translated my granddad's "What goes around comes around, so ya better make it good!"

That my philosophy on it. grin I just spend a lot of time at my age, dodging Buses.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
I've ignored this thread, don't want to think about it.
High blood pressure, fat, for years, now flirting with diabetes.
Been working on all that, but a heart attack or stroke is likely.
54, looking toward retirement. Wondering at what age?
Wondering if I can get past 62.

Dad's family, born around the turn of century, lived into the 70s to 100s. Few of Mom's saw 70. Different lifestyles though, hard work/clean living vs the opposite.

Paul,
Said a few Brother.

I'd bet you'll be prodding and stirring the pot for decades.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23

I am very sorry to hear that. Live your remaining life on your terms.
Posted By: cs2blue Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
We are all terminal! It just a matter of time!
Posted By: centershot Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Being how I am 55 and have had 2 heart attacks and 4 stents installed already, I'm guessing Heart Disease will probably get me.
Posted By: Mwbyler Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
(46 yr old now)

You?
jeezz talk about optimism...I am 56 and believe I still have a long road to go, I expect to be around for the 2040 Phoenix event and the 2046 cataclysm that brings back the vapor canopy and resets humanity.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
age 72
Do 5 chin ups and 25 push ups a day.
Walk a mile a day.
Keto diet.
Will live to 92.

Until this year, I used to spend Oct deer hunting and drive 2000 miles, but I am too old.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23

Wishing you luck with this, Paul.

You have a great piece of property in TN, just waiting for you to live out your golden years.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Predicting your death? - 10/04/23
Had chicken & arsenic, last night, so probably today !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

** wink
(46 yr old now)

You?

A relaxing vacation or two might help you out, Pard.

Get busy living or get busy dyin type thing...

Sorry to hear that.

Cancer SUCKS!
If I make it to my 60th birthday I'm planning to go for a walk and find a grizzly bear to wrestle.
Friend of a friend at the hunt camp said he’d die St. Paddy’s Day this year, his birthday.

Dude did the whole sex, drugs and rock n’ roll thing, lived and worked all over the world, big money, partied with royalty.

Could never overcome his demons. Decided this was the year and did it.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: EdM Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
Originally Posted by Rooster7

You have a great piece of property in TN, just waiting for you to live out your golden years.

Indeed Paul.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23

Pard.

lol
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Had chicken & arsenic, last night, so probably today !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

** wink

😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: krp Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Indeed Paul.

Probably 8 years ago I had horrible pain in the left thigh bone on the front side. After about a month and it not getting better I went in for an xray thinking I had a stress fracture from lifting something heavy at work. They didn't see a crack but something on the bone, infection, scaling something, they thought it was cancer, my mom died of bone cancer, so ok.

I had started taking some mexican amoxicillin before that to clear it up if it was a break and infected.

After the xray I went in for an mri and by the time it came back it had been six weeks since the first pain, and starting to go away. The mri came back zippo, the Dr was scratching his head. I said, it was probably a stress fracture same as I said two weeks ago... he reply I guess.

Never gave me a pain pill the whole time, I had to gut it out.

I don't believe Drs when it's not something obvious.

Kent
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
I lost 2 weeks vacation to debilitating pain in my back in April. Drs were no help. I should have taken OTC stuff and went to work. Then I could go on a 2 week, 3 state bird hunt in a couple weeks. But no, I'll be at work. Having learnt my lesson. You can be miserable at work but you can't go hunting without vacation.
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
This thread bums me out. I guess when the Lord decides it’s time I’ll croak.
Paul Barnard, praying for you sir!

Ron
Posted By: tzone Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
Originally Posted by LBP
I don’t know when but hopefully I’m fuggin a chubby chick with a hairy puzzy when I go! 😁

Tip of the bourbon to that.

May we all brother!
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
Good luck Paul
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23

Good shot Sambo !

wink
Posted By: greydog Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
I have reached the point where a twenty year plan isn't required, but honestly, I don't feel that bad. I can't run very far and can't swim very far (never did float worth a damn), but apart from those things, I do alright. I can still carry a pretty good pack and sleep well on the ground. Ultimately, everyone goes from an accident or from disease, I guess. If accidental, there are a few ways I could go, I suppose. traffic accident would have to top the list; either car, truck, or motorcycle. I've had a couple close calls. A fall while hunting is always a possibility. Animal attack? the odds are against it but I do live, hunt, and camp in grizzly country, so it possible, I guess. Domestic violence? There are days when I'm watchful.
I'm pretty sure I won't be the victim of a home invasion, an armed robbery gone wrong, or random assault.
In fact, I would say these things are virtually impossible as long as I stay within my home range. I do travel to Florida on occasion, so the risk likely goes up a bit there.
This summer, I called Sirius XM for our annual haggle over the price. This year, they offered me a lifetime subscription for the low introductory rate, with no need to re-subscribe. When I accused him of checking my date of birth, he said, "Maybe". It was a good deal anyway. GD
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
No one gets out of it alive. Just takes some longer then others. 77 here and going strong (for a geezer). Over all I have good health and looking forward to more years of hunting, fishing and whatever. Both of my parents died in their late 50's of cancer. I never expected to make it this long. Then found out my moms side of the family generally lives into their 90's and some over a hundred. Maybe I take after her side. Who knows. I do know positive thinking helps. If you think your going to die you will. I always believed in "use it or loose it". Stay active and think positive. Keep on, keeping on.
Posted By: krp Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
I'll probably be killed in my own home by a swat team and labeled a terrorist on the official report... there's records I've bought reloading supplies and ammo online...

Kent
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23

That would make a killer hat!
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23
My father lived to just shy of 91. Mother went at 74 from a brain tumour. I'm 87 so I might have another 2 to 4 years. No regrets, I've had a good life, seen my family grow up. By that time I'll be ready what with arthritis, etc.

Jim
Posted By: Partsman Re: Predicting your death? - 10/05/23

Geez don’t get us all excited.

But seriously, you will find it is from previous trauma.

May explain why you ride bicycles😁

Me I had my heart attack 2014, next one could take me out, such is life. 🇨🇦
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: Predicting your death? - 10/07/23
Had brain surgery for a non cancerous brain tumor that was intertwined in my brain stem and down a nerve line into my left ear at age forty eight. Left about half of it as surgery beyond the partial removal was extremely risky. Didn't figure I would live past fifty eight. Eight years later had radiation on the remaining tumor. a few years later had my right kidney removed as it was cancerous. Few years later cancer in my bladder. Eight years later cancer in my right lung, treated by radiation. Will turn seventy eight in December. Thirty years since first diagnosed. Still here! Hang in their Paul as we have no ideal where the end is. Keep doing the things that you enjoy and keep your mind occupied. GW
© 24hourcampfire