-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread bums me out. I guess when the Lord decides it’s time I’ll croak.
Paul Barnard, praying for you sir!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by LBP
I don’t know when but hopefully I’m fuggin a chubby chick with a hairy puzzy when I go! 😁

Tip of the bourbon to that.

May we all brother!

Last edited by tzone; 10/05/23.

Camp is where you make it.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Been having bad headaches lately. Had an MRI without contrast last week. Spot on my brain. Either brain damage from previous trauma or brain cancer. MRI with contrast scheduled for Friday the 13th to know for sure. I am betting it's malignant and will end up taking me out within 5 years.
Good luck Paul

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Good shot Sambo !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have reached the point where a twenty year plan isn't required, but honestly, I don't feel that bad. I can't run very far and can't swim very far (never did float worth a damn), but apart from those things, I do alright. I can still carry a pretty good pack and sleep well on the ground. Ultimately, everyone goes from an accident or from disease, I guess. If accidental, there are a few ways I could go, I suppose. traffic accident would have to top the list; either car, truck, or motorcycle. I've had a couple close calls. A fall while hunting is always a possibility. Animal attack? the odds are against it but I do live, hunt, and camp in grizzly country, so it possible, I guess. Domestic violence? There are days when I'm watchful.
I'm pretty sure I won't be the victim of a home invasion, an armed robbery gone wrong, or random assault.
In fact, I would say these things are virtually impossible as long as I stay within my home range. I do travel to Florida on occasion, so the risk likely goes up a bit there.
This summer, I called Sirius XM for our annual haggle over the price. This year, they offered me a lifetime subscription for the low introductory rate, with no need to re-subscribe. When I accused him of checking my date of birth, he said, "Maybe". It was a good deal anyway. GD

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No one gets out of it alive. Just takes some longer then others. 77 here and going strong (for a geezer). Over all I have good health and looking forward to more years of hunting, fishing and whatever. Both of my parents died in their late 50's of cancer. I never expected to make it this long. Then found out my moms side of the family generally lives into their 90's and some over a hundred. Maybe I take after her side. Who knows. I do know positive thinking helps. If you think your going to die you will. I always believed in "use it or loose it". Stay active and think positive. Keep on, keeping on.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'll probably be killed in my own home by a swat team and labeled a terrorist on the official report... there's records I've bought reloading supplies and ammo online...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

That would make a killer hat!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My father lived to just shy of 91. Mother went at 74 from a brain tumour. I'm 87 so I might have another 2 to 4 years. No regrets, I've had a good life, seen my family grow up. By that time I'll be ready what with arthritis, etc.

Jim

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Been having bad headaches lately. Had an MRI without contrast last week. Spot on my brain. Either brain damage from previous trauma or brain cancer. MRI with contrast scheduled for Friday the 13th to know for sure. I am betting it's malignant and will end up taking me out within 5 years.

Geez don’t get us all excited.

But seriously, you will find it is from previous trauma.

May explain why you ride bicycles😁

Me I had my heart attack 2014, next one could take me out, such is life. 🇨🇦

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Had brain surgery for a non cancerous brain tumor that was intertwined in my brain stem and down a nerve line into my left ear at age forty eight. Left about half of it as surgery beyond the partial removal was extremely risky. Didn't figure I would live past fifty eight. Eight years later had radiation on the remaining tumor. a few years later had my right kidney removed as it was cancerous. Few years later cancer in my bladder. Eight years later cancer in my right lung, treated by radiation. Will turn seventy eight in December. Thirty years since first diagnosed. Still here! Hang in their Paul as we have no ideal where the end is. Keep doing the things that you enjoy and keep your mind occupied. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (boatboy, Bluethunder8, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 14 invisible), 1,232 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,148
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.