Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not soon !

But when I do, you can bet it was an intermittent fasting routine, that went horribly wrong !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 79S
Brother

Pinky toe promise this is my last post

You should just make this part of your sig line.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Probably like most everyone else, in a flash of light, sometime in the next five years.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Day after I retire, I'll get hit by a car.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish I could, as I'd like some idea of how rapidly I should expend my resources.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spontaneous combustion in 10 years. Like a Spinal Tap drummer

Carpe' Scrotum
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Steve
Spontaneous combustion in 10 years. Like a Spinal Tap drummer

They had some strange deaths, choking on someone elses vomit, a bazaar gardening accident..

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Some years back, I had a guy that used to drop by my shop, he absolutely hated undertakers and the funeral industry with a frothing at the mouth passion, called 'em 'robber ghouls'. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so he went to the coroners office...got the rules and regs for transporting, death certificate issuance, no requirement for embalming in Calif for family funerals within a narrow time frame, went to the crematorium and covered his bases there and prepaid everything, made his son read and sign his instructions. His attending physician pronounced death, his wife and sons loaded him in a used refrigerator cardboard box in the back of his pickup, hauled him up to Medford and had him cremated...total bill, not counting gas for his pickup...275 bucks, and 7.50 fee for recording the death certificate. You gotta admit, the man had style.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been having bad headaches lately. Had an MRI without contrast last week. Spot on my brain. Either brain damage from previous trauma or brain cancer. MRI with contrast scheduled for Friday the 13th to know for sure. I am betting it's malignant and will end up taking me out within 5 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Been having bad headaches lately. Had an MRI without contrast last week. Spot on my brain. Either brain damage from previous trauma or brain cancer. MRI with contrast scheduled for Friday the 13th to know for sure. I am betting it's malignant and will end up taking me out within 5 years.

Are you serious?

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V

That sucks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are you serious?

Yep. I have been telling you guys that I have bad luck. It's not good news when the good news that you want to come out of a test is that you have brain damage. I know, one of the comedians here will tell me that they didn't need a doctor to diagnose that in me.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Paul, sorry to hear of this.

I did find the date slightly humorous.

In all sincerity, good luck!

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus Paul. Hang in there.

I'm hoping for brain damage. It would explain a lot... wink

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have known healthy looking people who dropped dead in their 50s.
I have known unhealthy looking people who were dying of some illness for 20 years and then died in their 70s.
3 times the guy sitting next to me at work, killed himself over the weekend.
3 times people I knew died over the weekend from mountain climbing.

I am 72.
I just did 5 chin ups, 25 push ups, and hiked a mile in the hills.
I just ate meat for lunch.
I think I will die at 92 from pneumonia.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

SOB!

I guess no-one is getting out alive, but that’s getting put on notice…….

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If I am going down, I am going down laughing and cutting up...maybe a little prodding too. It makes sense that it is the brain damage. I have had two traumatic impacts in the past. I have also had headaches all my adult life that nobody can figure out. But, I had a head MRI at some point in the past where this wasn't seen. The radiologist called it likely "Chronic Gliosis" but couldn't rule out a tumor without the contrast test. I had never heard of chronic gliosis before. I almost didn't accept the Friday the 13th appointment. lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I will say a prayer for you today, Paul!

In my case I should have been dead so many times, I can't believe I am still alive.

One time while hunting I fell off of an approximately 200-foot cliff. The first time I hit the ground I flew up and did two complete summersaults, then I hit the ground again up in the air with another 2 full rotation summersaults. When I hit the bottom, it was like I landed on a giant soft feather pillow. I stood up checked myself out and didn't even have a scratch. On the way down I was holding onto my bow with 8 razorblade-sharp broadheads.

I figure that when God blows his whistle and says" Alright KillerBee, get out of the pool, then my time will be up. None of us get to determine that date. But when it's my turn I will be leaving with a big smile on my face and thankful for a great life jampacked with fun and adventure.

AMEN!

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I have known healthy looking people who dropped dead in their 50s.
I have known unhealthy looking people who were dying of some illness for 20 years and then died in their 70s.
3 times the guy sitting next to me at work, killed himself over the weekend.
3 times people I knew died over the weekend from mountain climbing.

I am 72.
I just did 5 chin ups, 25 push ups, and hiked a mile in the hills.
I just ate meat for lunch.
I think I will die at 92 from pneumonia.
Did your work have people stop sitting next to you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If I am going down, I am going down laughing and cutting up...maybe a little prodding too. It makes sense that it is the brain damage. I have had two traumatic impacts in the past. I have also had headaches all my adult life that nobody can figure out. But, I had a head MRI at some point in the past where this wasn't seen. The radiologist called it likely "Chronic Gliosis" but couldn't rule out a tumor without the contrast test. I had never heard of chronic gliosis before. I almost didn't accept the Friday the 13th appointment. lol

Hoping you get taken out at ninety while riding four abreast in a highway lane, ignoring the bike path, focusing on the ass of a 24 yo in front of you.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

196 members (1badf350, 338rcm, 06hunter59, 2UP, 160user, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,947 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,509
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.