Home
Posted By: slumlord Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Are made in Hersehy pennysvania

I never made the connection

HERSHEY, PA

In addition to our corporate offices, two manufacturing plants are located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. West Hershey plant opened in 2012 and produces more than 70 million Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolates a day!

The facility also manufactures Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate with Almonds bars and Hershey’s Syrup. Just across Old Chocolate Avenue, the smell of roasted peanuts often fills the air around the Reese factory where Reese’s products have been produced for over 60 years.

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john
Posted By: TimZ Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Love me some Milk Chocolate with Amlonds bars…..
Posted By: Dumdum Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
I spent some time on a contract with the U.S. Navy Submarine Supply Depot near Mechanicsburg Penn. I stayed at a motel in the countryside outside of Hershey. It was summer, the fields were full of fireflies at night . Beautiful place.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
by that logic..........................

Mars bars are made on Mars?
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Keebler Elves...
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Nah.

Uranus.
Posted By: JOG Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23

Made BY Mars - Forest Mars. Kind of like Milton Hershey.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Better than Albuquerque "kisses"...

I reckon.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Nah.

Uranus.

That would be a different Hershey Kiss ala Beso Negro.
Posted By: las Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Worked summer USFS in Idaho in 1968 with a guy from Hershey, whose mother worked in the plant.

He got all offended when we busted out laughing when he stated she had XXX number of men under her. smile
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Nah.

Uranus.
I think that's where Baby Ruths are made, given their appearance
Posted By: marktheshark Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Grew up about 15 minutes from the old plant in what was a pretty rural area prior to the suburban sprawl of the last 20 or so years. Absolutely true that if the wind was right you could smell it. Know a bunch of retirees from there who seem to be doing good, dont know if thats still true for the current workers.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
candy kisses…wrapped in payyyyy per

Someone shoulda told him they wrapped in foil
Posted By: hardway Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
They had a big plant here in Oakdale,Ca for quite a few years….. Hershey closed after Clinton signed NAFTA and moved to Mexico…..it ruined a lot of people’s lives in town.
The oompa loompas are in mexico
Originally Posted by slumlord
The oompa loompas are in mexico
heading our way with the Guatemalans, Venezuelans, and Cubans?
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Mustn’t forget Hershey Park either. Big place, but I ain’t been there for a decade.
I think that wooden coaster of theirs is the oldest in the world or something. I don’t remember for sure.
Almost afraid to ask what tickets run now!😟
Reon
Posted By: sbrmike Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Slumlord, the street lights in Hershey, PA look just like kisses.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23

OH BOY!

I wonder where Mounds are made?
Posted By: Traveler52 Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Your kisses may be made in Mexico
Originally Posted by 12344mag

OH BOY!

I wonder where Mounds are made?

ooh, ooh ,

almond joy got real
Mrlk chocklate coconut munchy nutts too
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
I hauled lots of Hershey products from the Oakdale CA plant back in the late 1970s. The driver's lounge was stocked with every kind of Hershey product- - - -"Eat all you want but don't put anything in your pockets". They wouldn't let a driver stay on the loading dock at all- - - -loaded the trailers and sealed them, with Hershey employees. Employees there also had an interesting probationary period- - - - -"Eat all you want for the first 30 days, then leave it alone!" None of the people I talked to there made it to 30 days- - - -they got burned out in less than two weeks!
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23

HERSHEY, PA

In addition to our corporate offices, two manufacturing plants are located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. West Hershey plant opened in 2012 and produces more than 70 million Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolates a day!

The facility also manufactures Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate with Almonds bars and Hershey’s Syrup. Just across Old Chocolate Avenue, the smell of roasted peanuts often fills the air around the Reese factory where Reese’s products have been produced for over 60 years.

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john

No.
No they aren't.
Offshore like everydamthing.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Wilp Chamberlin scored 10O pontz in her shee.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

HERSHEY, PA

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john

No.
No they aren't.

It’s from their website. They have several plants yes.

But I dont just post dumb shît from Nana’s email chain like other TARDS on here. Passing on uncited and unsubstantiated info. 🤙⭐️⭐️

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/en_us/home/about-us/the-company/plant-locations.html
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23

HERSHEY, PA

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john

How many single axle dump truck fulls is that?

#askingforaguyinOR
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Hecho in Meh-he-co ?... Blasphemy!...
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23

HERSHEY, PA

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john

No.
No they aren't.

But I dont just post dumb shît from Nana’s email chain like other TARDS on here. Passing on uncited and unsubstantiated info. 🤙⭐️⭐️

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/en_us/home/about-us/the-company/plant-locations.html

Tell the truth. You’ve been reading Nana’s Reader Digest in the schitter again. 😜
Posted By: ironbender Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
I think that's where Baby Ruths are made, given their appearance
Yup. Baby Ruth bars pass through unscathed.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

HERSHEY, PA

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john

How many single axle dump truck fulls is that?

#askingforaguyinOR

A schitt load. 😜
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by TimZ

Ditto. Over the years, going hunting, I always put a couple Hershey bars with almonds and a sandwich in my day pack. Mighty good noon lunch when I was cold and hungry. smile

L.W.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by Dumdum
I spent some time on a contract with the U.S. Navy Submarine Supply Depot near Mechanicsburg Penn. I stayed at a motel in the countryside outside of Hershey. It was summer, the fields were full of fireflies at night . Beautiful place.
I did several aviation related classes at Ft. Indian Town Gap PA. It's about 20 miles from Hershey. I don't like how close the town are to each other in that part of the State, but PA is a beautiful state. Coming from rural Iowa where towns are 10 to 15 miles apart it's odd to see 2 towns separated by one street and the next town down is across the street from another town. All of the houses are old and there is no room in between the houses. It reminded me of the west side of San Antonio except the kids in the yards are white and black but not Mexican.

Hershey is a nice town with a clean down town and clean streets. At least it was 20 years ago.

kwg
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I hauled lots of Hershey products from the Oakdale CA plant back in the late 1970s. The driver's lounge was stocked with every kind of Hershey product- - - -"Eat all you want but don't put anything in your pockets". They wouldn't let a driver stay on the loading dock at all- - - -loaded the trailers and sealed them, with Hershey employees. Employees there also had an interesting probationary period- - - - -"Eat all you want for the first 30 days, then leave it alone!" None of the people I talked to there made it to 30 days- - - -they got burned out in less than two weeks!

Went there for school field trips in the 70's and as a chaperone for my kids school class in the 90's. Too bad they shut it down and moved the plant Messico.
Posted By: gremcat Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23

HERSHEY, PA

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john

No.
No they aren't.

Nope it’s legit. Milton did right for his people. Current board of company who knows. I took kids to see the town, tour factory, the whole bit.

We would maybe be in a better spot economically if all considered employees and their families like Milton did.
Posted By: gremcat Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by kwg020
I did several aviation related classes at Ft. Indian Town Gap PA. It's about 20 miles from Hershey. I don't like how close the town are to each other in that part of the State, but PA is a beautiful state. Coming from rural Iowa where towns are 10 to 15 miles apart it's odd to see 2 towns separated by one street and the next town down is across the street from another town. All of the houses are old and there is no room in between the houses. It reminded me of the west side of San Antonio except the kids in the yards are white and black but not Mexican.

Hershey is a nice town with a clean down town and clean streets. At least it was 20 years ago.

kwg

Was nice when I last visited a couple years back. I prefer my side of the state and not so many people with many miles of gorge all to myself but I digress.

Place is tight community housing because it was one of the first planned communities in the U.S. so the history states anyway. Milton planned the entire town as a failed 30 something before he got famous for milk chocolate. Held mortgages for all employees and what not. Town is basically a big museum to him now. My kids love it and while I’m not the suburbia type it’s sorta a time capsule back to the 50’s which I really liked. Couldn’t live so close to neighbors but I get the draw of the place.
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23

HERSHEY, PA

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john
Hey Slum, if you hang around the Hershey plant, you just might get a Kiss yet !!
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by TimZ

Oh yeah....
Posted By: moosemike Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
They sure are and that is where I'm from
Originally Posted by hardway
They had a big plant here in Oakdale,Ca for quite a few years….. Hershey closed after Clinton signed NAFTA and moved to Mexico…..it ruined a lot of people’s lives in town.

No they didn't. Hershey opened a plant in Mexico and then built an even bigger plant in Hershey. It's called expansion

HERSHEY, PA

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john

No.
No they aren't.

Not true
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Still is clean. FTIG and Hershey are 13 miles apart
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Went there for school field trips in the 70's and as a chaperone for my kids school class in the 90's. Too bad they shut it down and moved the plant Messico.

Once again this never happened
Posted By: smokepole Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23

Don't know about that but......

More Clark bars are consumed in Clarksvegas than Chattanooga has choo choos.
Wish i had some rigjt now.

Put them in coffey
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
The c8ndy cran9 flavored kisses were bangin’

DG sold out now. 🥵🥵
Posted By: 338reddog Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23

Where did you grow up? Have family in the area

HERSHEY, PA

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john

No.
No they aren't.

Sorry!
They closed their big plant there several years ago, eliminated jobs, moved production. I know a lot of trucking and milk production was affected.
Ass u med they were done there.

Hershey Pa exists due to M Hershey.
He was an extraordinary man for his(or any) time.

Modern business blows smoke about “Associates”, Family, the importance of their employees.
Mr. Hershey showed it.
Mike, they didn’t close the old plant and eliminate jobs several years ago?

Or did they, then build a new one later.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Also one who went there for field trips, nice amusement park, our HS basketball state finals, etc. and tried to visit the plant tour "assembly line" every time. Reach in a pick up a small handful.

Nice resort type hotel, town as clean as a whistle, lovely countryside - some visitors from crappy places find it difficult to fathom. In addition to his other good works, MH started and funded that excellent school for boys.
Posted By: akrange Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Load Up Dawgs

Coco prices will be shooting Higher Shortly..

The Addled love the Word Bidenomics

I guess it’s because they Exclude Food and Energy from the CPI

Hahahaha Hahahaha

When Pork Rinds Prices Skyrocket there will be a Thunder the likes of which we will dread Seeing.

Trumpets and Harbor Seals

Hahahaha Hahahaha
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Bidenomics....the Hundred Thousand Dollar candy bar is only worth Fifty Thousand dollars today. Bastards.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Better than Albuquerque "kisses"...

I reckon.

And what if they were made in San Francisco? I'm sure they would be shaped differently.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23
Originally Posted by moosemike

Gots us a real Chocopologist I see.

Know several families that were affected by the firings.

Hersey fired thousands of it's employees company wide and the labor cost at it's Messico Plant at the time was a small fraction of labor in the US.

Same Globalist BS rinse and repeat.

Would Milton have done the same thing given the times? Probably, guy was a ruthless industrialist.
Mike, they didn’t close the old plant and eliminate jobs several years ago?

Or did they, then build a new one later.

Yes but they had a new larger plant already built.

Hersey fired thousands of it's employees company wide and the labor cost at it's Messico Plant at the time was a small fraction of labor in the US.

Would Milton have done the same thing given the times? Probably, guy was a ruthless industrialist.

Not exactly true. They cut 500 jobs because of new automation taking the place of workers. That would have happened even if they had remained on Chocolate Avenue. The new factory is within walking distance
Posted By: hardway Re: Hershey kisses - 12/29/23

Not exactly true. They cut 500 jobs because of new automation taking the place of workers. That would have happened even if they had remained on Chocolate Avenue. The new factory is within walking distance

It is true….We were talking about the plant in Oakdale,Ca….Pay attention ….Try to keep up.
Posted By: go_bears Re: Hershey kisses - 12/30/23
I grew up in Oakdale Ca. They shut the plant down while I was in elementary school. Seemed like every class had at least 4-5 kids whose parents worked for Hersey. Valentine’s Day and Halloween were fun class holiday parties. I always knew when dad was going duck hunting because on a good south wind you could smell chocolate at our school.

When they shut the plant down it was a huge blow to the city. Our population was around 12-13k. Lots of kids moved out of school. I think they’ve had a few different candy companies move into the space.
Posted By: immature Re: Hershey kisses - 12/30/23
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it would be about how they've shruk recently.
© 24hourcampfire