Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by slumlord
Are made in Hersehy pennysvania

I never made the connection

HERSHEY, PA

In addition to our corporate offices, two manufacturing plants are located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. West Hershey plant opened in 2012 and produces more than 70 million Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolates a day!

The facility also manufactures Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate with Almonds bars and Hershey’s Syrup. Just across Old Chocolate Avenue, the smell of roasted peanuts often fills the air around the Reese factory where Reese’s products have been produced for over 60 years.

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john

No.
No they aren't.
Offshore like everydamthing.

Not true

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Dumdum
I spent some time on a contract with the U.S. Navy Submarine Supply Depot near Mechanicsburg Penn. I stayed at a motel in the countryside outside of Hershey. It was summer, the fields were full of fireflies at night . Beautiful place.
I did several aviation related classes at Ft. Indian Town Gap PA. It's about 20 miles from Hershey. I don't like how close the town are to each other in that part of the State, but PA is a beautiful state. Coming from rural Iowa where towns are 10 to 15 miles apart it's odd to see 2 towns separated by one street and the next town down is across the street from another town. All of the houses are old and there is no room in between the houses. It reminded me of the west side of San Antonio except the kids in the yards are white and black but not Mexican.

Hershey is a nice town with a clean down town and clean streets. At least it was 20 years ago.

kwg

Still is clean. FTIG and Hershey are 13 miles apart

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I hauled lots of Hershey products from the Oakdale CA plant back in the late 1970s. The driver's lounge was stocked with every kind of Hershey product- - - -"Eat all you want but don't put anything in your pockets". They wouldn't let a driver stay on the loading dock at all- - - -loaded the trailers and sealed them, with Hershey employees. Employees there also had an interesting probationary period- - - - -"Eat all you want for the first 30 days, then leave it alone!" None of the people I talked to there made it to 30 days- - - -they got burned out in less than two weeks!

Went there for school field trips in the 70's and as a chaperone for my kids school class in the 90's. Too bad they shut it down and moved the plant Messico.

Once again this never happened

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
by that logic..........................

Mars bars are made on Mars?

Don't know about that but......

More Clark bars are consumed in Clarksvegas than Chattanooga has choo choos.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wish i had some rigjt now.

Put them in coffey

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The c8ndy cran9 flavored kisses were bangin’

DG sold out now. 🥵🥵

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hauled lots of Hershey products from the Oakdale CA plant back in the late 1970s. The driver's lounge was stocked with every kind of Hershey product- - - -"Eat all you want but don't put anything in your pockets". They wouldn't let a driver stay on the loading dock at all- - - -loaded the trailers and sealed them, with Hershey employees. Employees there also had an interesting probationary period- - - - -"Eat all you want for the first 30 days, then leave it alone!" None of the people I talked to there made it to 30 days- - - -they got burned out in less than two weeks!

Went there for school field trips in the 70's and as a chaperone for my kids school class in the 90's. Too bad they shut it down and moved the plant Messico.
Where did you grow up? Have family in the area

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are made in Hersehy pennysvania

I never made the connection

HERSHEY, PA

In addition to our corporate offices, two manufacturing plants are located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. West Hershey plant opened in 2012 and produces more than 70 million Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolates a day!

The facility also manufactures Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate with Almonds bars and Hershey’s Syrup. Just across Old Chocolate Avenue, the smell of roasted peanuts often fills the air around the Reese factory where Reese’s products have been produced for over 60 years.

A million is a lot

Fun fact of today

Thanks john

No.
No they aren't.
Offshore like everydamthing.

It’s from their website. They have several plants yes.

But I dont just post dumb shît from Nana’s email chain like other TARDS on here. Passing on uncited and unsubstantiated info. 🤙⭐️⭐️

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/en_us/home/about-us/the-company/plant-locations.html

Sorry!
They closed their big plant there several years ago, eliminated jobs, moved production. I know a lot of trucking and milk production was affected.
Ass u med they were done there.

Hershey Pa exists due to M Hershey.
He was an extraordinary man for his(or any) time.

Modern business blows smoke about “Associates”, Family, the importance of their employees.
Mr. Hershey showed it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mike, they didn’t close the old plant and eliminate jobs several years ago?

Or did they, then build a new one later.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also one who went there for field trips, nice amusement park, our HS basketball state finals, etc. and tried to visit the plant tour "assembly line" every time. Reach in a pick up a small handful.

Nice resort type hotel, town as clean as a whistle, lovely countryside - some visitors from crappy places find it difficult to fathom. In addition to his other good works, MH started and funded that excellent school for boys.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Load Up Dawgs

Coco prices will be shooting Higher Shortly..

The Addled love the Word Bidenomics

I guess it’s because they Exclude Food and Energy from the CPI

Hahahaha Hahahaha

When Pork Rinds Prices Skyrocket there will be a Thunder the likes of which we will dread Seeing.

Trumpets and Harbor Seals

Hahahaha Hahahaha

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bidenomics....the Hundred Thousand Dollar candy bar is only worth Fifty Thousand dollars today. Bastards.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Better than Albuquerque "kisses"...

I reckon.

And what if they were made in San Francisco? I'm sure they would be shaped differently.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike

Gots us a real Chocopologist I see.

Know several families that were affected by the firings.

Hersey fired thousands of it's employees company wide and the labor cost at it's Messico Plant at the time was a small fraction of labor in the US.

Same Globalist BS rinse and repeat.

Would Milton have done the same thing given the times? Probably, guy was a ruthless industrialist.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mike, they didn’t close the old plant and eliminate jobs several years ago?

Or did they, then build a new one later.

Yes but they had a new larger plant already built.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hersey fired thousands of it's employees company wide and the labor cost at it's Messico Plant at the time was a small fraction of labor in the US.

Would Milton have done the same thing given the times? Probably, guy was a ruthless industrialist.

Not exactly true. They cut 500 jobs because of new automation taking the place of workers. That would have happened even if they had remained on Chocolate Avenue. The new factory is within walking distance

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Not exactly true. They cut 500 jobs because of new automation taking the place of workers. That would have happened even if they had remained on Chocolate Avenue. The new factory is within walking distance

It is true….We were talking about the plant in Oakdale,Ca….Pay attention ….Try to keep up.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I grew up in Oakdale Ca. They shut the plant down while I was in elementary school. Seemed like every class had at least 4-5 kids whose parents worked for Hersey. Valentine’s Day and Halloween were fun class holiday parties. I always knew when dad was going duck hunting because on a good south wind you could smell chocolate at our school.

When they shut the plant down it was a huge blow to the city. Our population was around 12-13k. Lots of kids moved out of school. I think they’ve had a few different candy companies move into the space.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it would be about how they've shruk recently.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 2500HD, 204guy, 17CalFan, 260Remguy, 222ND, 61 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,938
Posts18,480,032
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.