Home
Posted By: Bristoe Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
,...and Isaiah 3:12

Youths oppress my people,
women rule over them.
My people, your guides lead you astray;
they turn you from the path.
Posted By: Riverc Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
When Trump selected her I knew he made a big mistake.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
She's turned out to be a POS.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
At one time she was highly praised here.
Posted By: Riverc Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
Originally Posted by Houston_2
At one time she was highly praised here.
Well I wasn't one of them like her about as much as the black lady Biden selected.
Posted By: Sprint11 Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
She votes in opposition to your opinion one time and she's a POS?
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
đźš‚đźš‚
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
Originally Posted by Sprint11

Anybody who votes to keep America's border open is a POS,.....yes.

Yes, she's a Piece of SHIT, now. Same for HNIC John Roberts. Wasn't he a repeat visitor at Jeffrey Epstein's Pedo Island?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
Originally Posted by Bristoe

đź‘Ť
Posted By: slumlord Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24

Absolutely
Getting some publicity.

https://twitter.com/LaurenWitzkeDE/status/1749640871950028875
Posted By: scottf270 Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
Women, f_cking stuff up since the Garden of Eden.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
She defied the constitution and states right to defend its borders against invasion when the federal government refused to. She broke her oath.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
Originally Posted by slumlord

Absolutely

No kidding. đź‘Ž

She sucks komodo balls.
Posted By: las Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
That X post was what I was thinking. "What law? It's feelings that matter!"

We know why Roberts voted that way.
Posted By: Sprint11 Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
The issue was whether or not a Fed agencey could gain access to areas Tx had section off. Not whether said fed agency was doing it's job properly, and definitely was not agreeing to an open border.
Posted By: Teal Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
I love how people expect something from the Supreme Court. 3 branches of the same poisoned tree. I mean if you realize that the Executive and Legislative branch are FUBAR - why do you suddenly have faith in the Judicial?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
Was her decision in keeping with the law and constitution?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
Nothing new here.....We can count on about 50% of the judges the GOP picks will turn on Conservatives. Roberts is the poster boy, and now he might have a sister.

No.

How so?
But the Constitution has been dead ever since Lincoln decreed that a State which voluntarily joined the union couldn't voluntarily *leave* the union.

How tyranny came to America

http://www.sobran.com/articles/tyranny.shtml

excellent read:

excerpt:

The logic of the Constitution was so elegantly simple that a foreign observer could explain it to his countrymen in two sentences. Alexis de Tocqueville wrote that “the attributes of the federal government were carefully defined [in the Constitution], and all that was not included among them was declared to remain to the governments of the individual states. Thus the government of the states remained the rule, and that of the federal government the exception.”

The Declaration of Independence, which underlies the Constitution, holds that the rights of the people come from God, and that the powers of the government come from the people. Let me repeat that: According to the Declaration of Independence, the rights of the people come from God, and the powers of the government come from the people. Unless you grasp this basic order of things, you’ll have a hard time understanding the Constitution.

The Constitution was the instrument by which the American people granted, or delegated, certain specific powers to the federal government. Any power not delegated was withheld, or “reserved.” As we’ll see later, these principles are expressed particularly in the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, two crucial but neglected provisions of the Constitution.

Let me say it yet again: The rights of the people come from God. The powers of government come from the people. The American people delegated the specific powers they wanted the federal government to have through the Constitution. And any additional powers they wanted to grant were supposed to be added by amendment.

It’s largely because we’ve forgotten these simple principles that the country is in so much trouble. The powers of the federal government have multiplied madly, with only the vaguest justifications and on the most slippery pretexts. Its chief business now is not defending our rights but taking and redistributing our wealth.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
Originally Posted by reivertom
Nothing new here.....We can count on about 50% of the judges the GOP picks will turn on Conservatives. Roberts is the poster boy, and now he might have a sister.

I never liked the Amy Coney Barrett nomination from the beginning. She's nothing but a bookmouse moderate.
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
But the Constitution has been dead ever since Lincoln decreed that a State which voluntarily joined the union couldn't voluntarily *leave* the union.

excellent read:

excerpt:

The logic of the Constitution was so elegantly simple that a foreign observer could explain it to his countrymen in two sentences. Alexis de Tocqueville wrote that “the attributes of the federal government were carefully defined [in the Constitution], and all that was not included among them was declared to remain to the governments of the individual states. Thus the government of the states remained the rule, and that of the federal government the exception.”

The Declaration of Independence, which underlies the Constitution, holds that the rights of the people come from God, and that the powers of the government come from the people. Let me repeat that: According to the Declaration of Independence, the rights of the people come from God, and the powers of the government come from the people. Unless you grasp this basic order of things, you’ll have a hard time understanding the Constitution.

The Constitution was the instrument by which the American people granted, or delegated, certain specific powers to the federal government. Any power not delegated was withheld, or “reserved.” As we’ll see later, these principles are expressed particularly in the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, two crucial but neglected provisions of the Constitution.

Let me say it yet again: The rights of the people come from God. The powers of government come from the people. The American people delegated the specific powers they wanted the federal government to have through the Constitution. And any additional powers they wanted to grant were supposed to be added by amendment.

It’s largely because we’ve forgotten these simple principles that the country is in so much trouble. The powers of the federal government have multiplied madly, with only the vaguest justifications and on the most slippery pretexts. Its chief business now is not defending our rights but taking and redistributing our wealth.
Like Button: check!
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24
Since Chip Roy liked to whine about illegals so much I figured to ask his office what, exactly, is the legal basis or reinterpretation of long standing practice that kept illegals from breaking the law forever, that has now been rent asunder. The cordial woman I spoke to in his Texas office said, "Money." This shockingly unsatisfactory response, although oft repeated, did not flesh out with coherent answers even as I attempted to probe a little deeper. Direct, and simpler stated, inquiries from various angles came frantically to my agitated mind. No dice. There has to be some stupid basis in black print on white (excuse me! - plain) paper. Ain't there? "Money." When such answers do not match up to the pressing questions at hand, I would have to say, "We have a failure to communicate." On top of some serious [bleep]....
Lil' Justice Amy and the other women of the SC can go to hell

Ok....so Constitution no good no more cause of muh Civil War.

I see.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/23/24

No.

How so?

Kangaroos threw out the Constitution during the bolognavirus "emergency".

The Texas emergency is actually legit.

And the bitch Barrett was onea the roos that threw out the Constitution durin bolo-19.

I see.

Just like CW1, FedGov is the problem.
Posted By: Rock63 Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
I don’t like the ruling either but if you’re just looking at the words documented, the Fed has the responsibility.

The question now is how to legally force the Feds to perform their responsibility.

In the meantime, I hope Abbott follows some of Andrew Jackson’s tactics and keeps on trying and not just more lip service. In parallel with the physical barriers and busing, he should get laws passed that makes it illegal for TX businesses to employ illegal immigrants.
Texas responds to SC by....putting up more wire!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...responds-supreme-court-order-installing/
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Originally Posted by Rock63
The question now is how to legally force the Feds to perform their responsibility.

How do you force the enforcers?

The Feds don't care about the law.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
[How do you force the enforcers?

Ordinary people have no standing.

And, even if ya do, you'll get a ruling in about ten years.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Gotta love it.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
đźš‚đźš‚
Posted By: rainshot Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
I think Supreme Court recommendations for republican presidents are made with careful consideration towards keeping that all important “balance” to keep from hurting democrat feelings so they can get them confirmed. It’s the most ass backwards process one can dream up. Republicans cater to democrats. The occasional honorable conservative justice that gets confirmation is a happy accident.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Did Trump ever pick anyone for anything who was worth a schidt?

Good deal!

Hopefully they stand firm.
Posted By: memtb Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
There could be a very logical reason! memtb

https://babylonbee.com/news/amy-con...dscaping-work-she-needs-done-this-summer
Posted By: memtb Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Along with the SC ruling, this is the first thing to be done after the wire removal! 🤬 memtb

https://babylonbee.com/news/supreme-court-rules-texas-must-replace-barbed-wire-with-red-carpet
Posted By: efw Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24

I see.

Appears to me he is suggesting that states’ rights to secceed were removed in the war, and now states’ rights to defend their border against foreign invasion have been as well.

Remember the Constitution is meant to curtail an over active federal govt, not to enumerate states’ rights. Where in the Constitution is it left explicitly to the Feds to guard our borders?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
I don't know.

That why I have been asking before we go all Mothers Against Canada.
It is interesting though that a conflict fought over slavery is being used to debate a conflict over slavery.
Posted By: Riverc Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Roberts & Barrett what the hell is wrong with them to allow this invasion to continue. Good for Texas to stand their ground. I don't want all these illegals coming to Louisiana our state is already dark enough with blacks now I have to look at brown skin and listen to nothing but spanish speaking. I was at walmart the other day felt like I was in Mexico with all the mexicans this has to stop.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
It is interesting though that a conflict fought over slavery is being used to debate a conflict over slavery.
Yes
Posted By: Rock63 Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Here’s where it’s in the constitution;

Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.
Posted By: efw Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24

Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Is that granting to the Feds the right to stop states from guarding their borders, or is it assigning the Feds the duty to guard the borders?

And Republican form of govt??? What about OUR SACRED DEMOCRACY!?
Posted By: shootem Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Originally Posted by efw

Section 4

Is that granting to the Feds the right to stop states from guarding their borders, or is it assigning the Feds the duty to guard the borders?

And Republican form of govt??? What about OUR SACRED DEMOCRACY!?

A document written to be understood by the general population needs no court to explain the obvious. A state has the right of self defense as surely as an individual citizen.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
W H A T ??????????? OMG i'm triggered
WASHINGTON, DC — Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett fielded questions from reporters regarding her controversial vote to remove razor wire from the Texas border and claims it has absolutely nothing to do with her plans to re-landscape her yard this summer.

"My plans to have a nice row of Elm trees planted along the southern fence of my backyard has nothing to do with my vote to allow more gardeners, er, I mean illegal immigrants, into the country," Justice Barrett explained.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Originally Posted by ol_mike
WASHINGTON, DC — Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett fielded questions from reporters regarding her controversial vote to remove razor wire from the Texas border and claims it has absolutely nothing to do with her plans to re-landscape her yard this summer.

"My plans to have a nice row of Elm trees planted along the southern fence of my backyard has nothing to do with my vote to allow more gardeners, er, I mean illegal immigrants, into the country," Justice Barrett explained.

Great post. Well done mike, outstanding!
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Great post. Well done mike, outstanding!

Should we tell him?
Posted By: Henryseale Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
I had first typed out a grand response as to the Southern perspective of the war and a pretty good argument expressing the fact that the war was fought over a LOT more than slavery. Upon reflection, I decided to relate this instead, in which I will paraphrase. I can dig up the exact text if needed, given enough time.

Toward the end of his life in an address given at New Orleans, former Confederate President Jefferson F. Davis reflected on the war. He plainly stated that the constitutional issues that resulted in the secession of the Southern states have yet to have been resolved and that he feared that they one day would come forth again to be resolved. As this was a good number of years after the war, he was obviously not referring to slavery. It was constitutional state's rights and Federal control over the states. Think about it. This is a former successful U.S. Army officer, a graduate of USMA (West Point), a colonel combat veteran of the Mexican War, a former son-in-law of U.S. President & General Zachary Taylor, a former U.S. Secretary of War, a successful planter, a former U.S. Senator, and a former General of Mississippi State Troops, before becoming President of the Confederate States of America. I think it reasonable to accept that he had the credentials to know what he was speaking of. If anyone has the inclination, I highly suggest reading his book, The Rise And Fall Of The Confederate Government. I have the privilege of personally knowing two of his descendants in Mississippi, one of them for 55 years now. DEO VINDICE
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
It's not that complicated. Nobody disputes that the border belongs to the Federal Government, but that border is a line down the middle of the Rio Grande.

Are States themselves owned by the Federal Government, or is it the other way around?

That is what is at stake here.
Originally Posted by Riverc
Women are generally unreliable in such roles.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Did Trump ever pick anyone for anything who was worth a schidt?

Not very many, more not, than worthy. That is his track record, don't expect this to change if he is voted in as POTUS.

I'll vote for him, but knowing he will do what he has done in the past. Trump is an apprentice when it comes to hiring the right people. That is his proven weakness.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Youse guys are going to someday realize, all you are seeing is designed for a reason.

Things Are Not As They Appear.

But The Plan is working. The people are gradually becoming awake as to the tyranny of the US Neonazi Government.

Like Trump said at Turning Point, When the people learn the truth they will support what WE do. The People are learning.

The Tide is turning. As Q said, "The Old Guard is being turned out for the New."

We are Winning.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Mohall57 Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
How relevant it is I’am not sure, but as I understand it the SCOTUS ruling stated “ may take down the wire” not shall take down the wire, or must take down the wire, bfurthermore they made no mention of Texas ability to replace said wire. Appears to me as asine it may be we could end up with a situation feds take it down and just as fast Texas puts it back up. Resolution, conservatives win all three branch of federal gov’t and 2/3 of leglislatures and governorship of the states in 2024. God Bless America once again.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24

Great!! Is greg abbott finally showing some balls?
Posted By: dassa Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
Four of the justices voted against the feds. That includes Thomas and Alito, two of the most reliable, pro-as-written-constitutionalists to ever sit on the court.

So,I would guess her vote was not in keeping with the law and constitution.
Originally Posted by dassa
Four of the justices voted against the feds. That includes Thomas and Alito, two of the most reliable, pro-as-written-constitutionalists to ever sit on the court.

Exactly.
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/24/24
That's interesting commentary coming from a guy whose class allegiance, inability to think strategically, if at all, guaranteed the South would lose. His unwavering support of dear friend, Braxton Bragg caused the death of hundreds of hard fighting men in pointlessly lost battles. That incompetent poppin jay's petty obstruction of Bedford Forrest was treasonous and nearly got him killed by the most tenacious and brilliant tactician the South ever had. It's hard to believe anyone so self centered and ineffective ever learned to think deeply and see anything clearly after it was too late to do any good. But the surprising observation was spot on.
Posted By: knivesforme Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
I heard a pretty good description today for the Supreme Court, I hadn’t thought of it this way.. A two line decision. The Federal government could cut the wire, but nothing said it was illegal for Texas to install wire. I like the idea that Abbott put Biden on notice and as the commentator mentioned so far he blinked. The ruling did not tell Texas they had to remove it.
Posted By: LBP Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24

excellent read:

excerpt:

Exactly!!
Posted By: kciH Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
Catholics: if they're not f*cking little kids, they're destroying the country.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by kciH

Hate it that your statement is true.

The question then becomes, Where is all that money (and it is a LOT of money) coming from that the catholics are channeling across the border to fund the giant migration convoys of illegals? Then, the order of business becomes cutting that money off.

Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Exactly.

So we guess.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Yes, she's a Piece of SHIT, now. Same for HNIC John Roberts. Wasn't he a repeat visitor at Jeffrey Epstein's Pedo Island?

This absolutely! If they fail to follow the clearest of law, that has no ambiguity, they should be removed.
Posted By: dassa Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24

Exactly.

So we guess.
Horse, water. Drink if you want.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by kciH

I think you mean teachers.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
What's so controversial? There are longstanding court rulings that grants the federal government the sole and Constructional authority for border security. State's Rights do not supercede Federal authority. Read the Constitution.

If you don't like the current immigration policy of Team Biden, then Congress needs to act. They need to start by removing Mayorkas, something that the GOP has failed to do, and then pass new laws that force the Executive branch to change their policy.

None of this is the responsibility of SCOTUS. This is a failure of Congress and more specifically the GOP. They have yet to pass any legislation to curb the problem. Apparently they are not too motivated to solve the issue before the election. It keeps the base all excited.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
What's so controversial? There are longstanding court rulings that grants the federal government the sole and Constructional authority for border security. State's Rights do not supercede Federal authority. Read the Constitution.

If you don't like the current immigration policy of Team Biden, then Congress needs to act. They need to start by removing Mayorkas, something that the GOP has failed to do, and then pass new laws that force the Executive branch to change their policy.

None of this is the responsibility of SCOTUS. This is a failure of Congress and more specifically the GOP. They have yet to pass any legislation to curb the problem. Apparently they are not too motivated to solve the issue before the election. It keeps the base all excited.

Wrong within the first dozen or so words.

Now read very carefully: SCOTUS is a branch of the central government and has NO legitimate authority to set the boundaries of federal power. The Constitution itself sets those boundaries and SCOTUS cannot modify them. We may collectively have been conditioned to believe otherwise, but that does not make it true.

From another perspective: the States ratified the Constitution as it was written---including the Tenth Amendment. Ratification was not forfeiture of States' authority.

Or another: the States created the central government, and being the creator of it are no more subject to its every whim than God is subject to the whims of man.

Do you get it?
I get the fact that it is not the duty of SCOTUS to enact laws. They are supposed to dutifully follow the Constitution and nothing more.

I get the fact that the Tenth Amendment is quite clear - States Rights do not supercede Federal Laws.

I get the fact that long-standing case law clearly grants the Federal government authority over border security.

And finally, I get the fact that this is a simple matter of the Federal government not enforcing border security. Like it or not, States cannot suddenly decide to override Federal policy. Sure they can bitch and moan, but this is a matter for Congress to address and not SCOTUS nor the State of Texas.
I get the fact that the Tenth Amendment is quite clear - States Rights do not supercede Federal Laws.

LOL. Read the 10th one more time. Wait, no---read it for the FIRST time.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Wrong within the first dozen or so words.

Now read very carefully: SCOTUS is a branch of the central government and has NO legitimate authority to set the boundaries of federal power. The Constitution itself sets those boundaries and SCOTUS cannot modify them. We may collectively have been conditioned to believe otherwise, but that does not make it true.

From another perspective: the States ratified the Constitution as it was written---including the Tenth Amendment. Ratification was not forfeiture of States' authority.

Or another: the States created the central government, and being the creator of it are no more subject to its every whim than God is subject to the whims of man.

Do you get it?
Well said, and spot on.

Furthermore, there is no exclusively delegated Federal authority in the Constitution over the border of a State. In fact, there's a clear statement of authority in the Constitution left to the States with regard to their own borders. It's in Article 1, Section 10, where it states unambiguously that a State may engage in war, even without the consent of the Federal Government, if it finds itself subject to foreign invasion. There can be no other words to describe what's happening at our southern border.
I believe that clause or section goes so far as to spell out a federal OBLIGATION to defend the border as well.

In the bigger picture, the Constitution is not at all about limiting the rights of either individuals OR States. It's about the limitations and constraints placed upon the central government. And this SCOTUS bullshit has gone way beyond the Constitution also.
...and for Mr. STRS's benefit, the so-called "supremacy clause" (which has nothing to do with the Tenth Amendment in the first place) does not contradict or nullify the rest of the contents of the document in any way, no matter what you've been led to believe.
...and for Mr. STRS's benefit, the so-called "supremacy clause" (which is NOT the subject of the Tenth Amendment in the first place) does not contradict or nullify the rest of the contents of the document in any way, no matter what you've been led to believe.
It absolutely doesn't.
...and for Mr. STRS's benefit, the so-called "supremacy clause" (which has nothing to do with the Tenth Amendment in the first place) does not contradict or nullify the rest of the contents of the document in any way, no matter what you've been led to believe.

Not Really
Supremacy is restricted to those areas where exclusive power is delegated to the Federal Government. It doesn't nullify the 10th Amendment, which came later, and thus supersedes it as its clarification.
Posted By: efw Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24

Thank you!

I can’t fathom the amount of indoctrination necessary for one to read plain text and interpret it to be a full 180 degrees opposite of what it says.

Astounding.
Originally Posted by efw

Thank you!

I can’t fathom the amount of indoctrination necessary for one to read plain text and interpret it to be a full 180 degrees opposite of what it says.

Astounding.
Truly.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
I believe they were relying on past judgements especially the judgement Obama got in Arizona when the governor, Brewer I think, attempted to curtail illegal migration and the SC sided with the administration in saying that it's the government's responsibility to protect the borders. They ignored the Constitution then and Barrett and Roberts ignored it now. The court is a minefield that's difficult to navigate. The question and how it's defended are important and the outcome allows for too much personal beliefs to sway consideration on Constitutional grounds. Whatever reason they are dead wrong on their interpretation.
i think the Soros foundation started this mess with the consent of our government long before Trump came to office. Obama was culpable in bringing migrants into America to dilute our society. Since then it has snowballed with many foundations like the Catholic one and even our own government's clandestine operations in South America to transplant people. our society and our culture is being destroyed and it's far past time to put an end to it. The administration has proven it wont.
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
Read that $2 Billion came from the Federal Gov. somewhere. FEMA for sure, and who knows what other alphabet cartel kicked in. Once you understand that future Justices , DA's and Presidents alike, are all grown like timber tracts, selected and shaped for years to spontaneously appear just perfect at the recommendation of trusted advisors, who know assuredly they are reliable agents of their private designs, it's no surprise how they disappoint the hopeful. Robert's illegally adopted Irish girls has him chained in place for good. Kavanaugh and Barrett are devout Jesuits, a class of conquering sneaks with immense power world wide, and extensive holdings in China. That's the beauty of Democracy!
Originally Posted by rainshot
I believe they were relying on past judgements especially the judgement Obama got in Arizona when the governor, Brewer I think, attempted to curtail illegal migration and the SC sided with the administration in saying that it's the government's responsibility to protect the borders. They ignored the Constitution then and Barrett and Roberts ignored it now. The court is a minefield that's difficult to navigate. The question and how it's defended are important and the outcome allows for too much personal beliefs to sway consideration on Constitutional grounds. Whatever reason they are dead wrong on their interpretation.

i think the Soros foundation started this mess with the consent of our government long before Trump came to office. Obama was culpable in bringing migrants into America to dilute our society. Since then it has snowballed with many foundations like the Catholic one and even our own government's clandestine operations in South America to transplant people. our society and our culture is being destroyed and it's far past time to put an end to it. The administration has proven it wont.

The majority opinion was based on longstanding court rulings that grants the federal government the sole and Constructional authority for border security. If the Texas AG decides to challenge that ruling, he will be arguing against precedent and that's never an easy path.

While I applaud Abbott's efforts, he needs to find another tactic or he needs Congress to do their job. If the stories are true and Trump is exerting pressure on Congress not to act (folks accused Reagan of the same during the Iranian hostage crisis) then the madness will continue until there is a change in command and policy.
Posted By: okie Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
#1 It is our God given right to be secure.

When those whose job it is to secure us (our borders) fail to do so it is our God given right to do it ourselves.

God and only God grants us this right not a person, government or government entity has the right to deny us our security.

We as a free people must however involve ourselves with our own security and freedom when those that should be doing so fail, we can no longer sit on the sidelines doing nothing. We must secure ourselves then remove those that fail to do their jobs, it is that simple and that complex. Otherwise how can we call ourselves free ?

Not Really

Yeah, really. Are you truly that lacking in reasoning ability or are you just being obtuse?
Posted By: dassa Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24

Maybe he could get a ten year old to explain it to him.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by rainshot

The majority opinion was based on longstanding court rulings that grants the federal government the sole and Constructional authority for border security. If the Texas AG decides to challenge that ruling, he will be arguing against precedent and that's never an easy path.

While I applaud Abbott's efforts, he needs to find another tactic or he needs Congress to do their job. If the stories are true and Trump is exerting pressure on Congress not to act (folks accused Reagan of the same during the Iranian hostage crisis) then the madness will continue until there is a change in command and policy.

Everydamnthing[with some here] boils down to one thing.

Just say it out loud for Pete's Sake: It's Trumps fault!
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Read that $2 Billion came from the Federal Gov. somewhere. FEMA for sure, and who knows what other alphabet cartel kicked in. Once you understand that future Justices , DA's and Presidents alike, are all grown like timber tracts, selected and shaped for years to spontaneously appear just perfect at the recommendation of trusted advisors, who know assuredly they are reliable agents of their private designs, it's no surprise how they disappoint the hopeful. Robert's illegally adopted Irish girls has him chained in place for good. Kavanaugh and Barrett are devout Jesuits, a class of conquering sneaks with immense power world wide, and extensive holdings in China. That's the beauty of Democracy!
Your words 'grown like timber tracts' are great. I've read up on many politicians whose family lineage goes back a century or more. The family members who don't hold office will be in some type of government position/job. You're right, they're groomed along the way to be part of the cabal.

Originally Posted by okie
#1 It is our God given right to be secure.

When those whose job it is to secure us (our borders) fail to do so it is our God given right to do it ourselves.

God and only God grants us this right not a person, government or government entity has the right to deny us our security.

We as a free people must however involve ourselves with our own security and freedom when those that should be doing so fail, we can no longer sit on the sidelines doing nothing. We must secure ourselves then remove those that fail to do their jobs, it is that simple and that complex. Otherwise how can we call ourselves free ?

Agree..
Posted By: logger Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by Riverc
Women are generally unreliable in such roles.

So, you are saying Roberts is a woman - who knew!
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24

Opinion you airhead? In opposition to the constitution dipschit.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24
No it’s not Trump’s fault. It’s decades of liberal court rulings allowed to stand. Rulings like the Roe decision that murdered millions of babies. Rulings that twist the Constitution into something never envisioned or intended.
Posted By: efw Re: Amy Coney Barrett,... - 01/26/24

Not Really

The Federal Constitution was, at least according to the Federalist Papers, meant specifically to curtail and limit the size and scope of the Federal government by explicitly listing the central government’s powers, outside of which it was forbidden to roam.

The Supremacy Clause and the 10th Amendment do not contradict one another, but delineate where federal powers start/stop and where states rights start/stop.

When thinking through the Constitution, if you have an idea that puts two parts of it at odds, it’s due to your misunderstanding of the text and you ought to go back and re-read it.
Originally Posted by efw

Not Really

The Federal Constitution was, at least according to the Federalist Papers, meant specifically to curtail and limit the size and scope of the Federal government by explicitly listing the central government’s powers, outside of which it was forbidden to roam.

The Supremacy Clause and the 10th Amendment do not contradict one another, but delineate where federal powers start/stop and where states rights start/stop.

When thinking through the Constitution, if you have an idea that puts two parts of it at odds, it’s due to your misunderstanding of the text and you ought to go back and re-read it.

You're so much nicer than I am. Not that it's a hard thing by any means...LOL.
© 24hourcampfire