Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Was her decision in keeping with the law and constitution?
Four of the justices voted against the feds. That includes Thomas and Alito, two of the most reliable, pro-as-written-constitutionalists to ever sit on the court.

So,I would guess her vote was not in keeping with the law and constitution.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dassa
Four of the justices voted against the feds. That includes Thomas and Alito, two of the most reliable, pro-as-written-constitutionalists to ever sit on the court.

Exactly.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That's interesting commentary coming from a guy whose class allegiance, inability to think strategically, if at all, guaranteed the South would lose. His unwavering support of dear friend, Braxton Bragg caused the death of hundreds of hard fighting men in pointlessly lost battles. That incompetent poppin jay's petty obstruction of Bedford Forrest was treasonous and nearly got him killed by the most tenacious and brilliant tactician the South ever had. It's hard to believe anyone so self centered and ineffective ever learned to think deeply and see anything clearly after it was too late to do any good. But the surprising observation was spot on.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I heard a pretty good description today for the Supreme Court, I hadn’t thought of it this way.. A two line decision. The Federal government could cut the wire, but nothing said it was illegal for Texas to install wire. I like the idea that Abbott put Biden on notice and as the commentator mentioned so far he blinked. The ruling did not tell Texas they had to remove it.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe
But the Constitution has been dead ever since Lincoln decreed that a State which voluntarily joined the union couldn't voluntarily *leave* the union.

How tyranny came to America

http://www.sobran.com/articles/tyranny.shtml

excellent read:

excerpt:

The logic of the Constitution was so elegantly simple that a foreign observer could explain it to his countrymen in two sentences. Alexis de Tocqueville wrote that “the attributes of the federal government were carefully defined [in the Constitution], and all that was not included among them was declared to remain to the governments of the individual states. Thus the government of the states remained the rule, and that of the federal government the exception.”

The Declaration of Independence, which underlies the Constitution, holds that the rights of the people come from God, and that the powers of the government come from the people. Let me repeat that: According to the Declaration of Independence, the rights of the people come from God, and the powers of the government come from the people. Unless you grasp this basic order of things, you’ll have a hard time understanding the Constitution.

The Constitution was the instrument by which the American people granted, or delegated, certain specific powers to the federal government. Any power not delegated was withheld, or “reserved.” As we’ll see later, these principles are expressed particularly in the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, two crucial but neglected provisions of the Constitution.

Let me say it yet again: The rights of the people come from God. The powers of government come from the people. The American people delegated the specific powers they wanted the federal government to have through the Constitution. And any additional powers they wanted to grant were supposed to be added by amendment.

It’s largely because we’ve forgotten these simple principles that the country is in so much trouble. The powers of the federal government have multiplied madly, with only the vaguest justifications and on the most slippery pretexts. Its chief business now is not defending our rights but taking and redistributing our wealth.

Exactly!!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Catholics: if they're not f*cking little kids, they're destroying the country.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kciH

Hate it that your statement is true.

The question then becomes, Where is all that money (and it is a LOT of money) coming from that the catholics are channeling across the border to fund the giant migration convoys of illegals? Then, the order of business becomes cutting that money off.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by local_dirt; 01/26/24.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Exactly.

So we guess.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Yes, she's a Piece of SHIT, now. Same for HNIC John Roberts. Wasn't he a repeat visitor at Jeffrey Epstein's Pedo Island?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This absolutely! If they fail to follow the clearest of law, that has no ambiguity, they should be removed.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Exactly.

So we guess.
Horse, water. Drink if you want.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by kciH

I think you mean teachers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What's so controversial? There are longstanding court rulings that grants the federal government the sole and Constructional authority for border security. State's Rights do not supercede Federal authority. Read the Constitution.

If you don't like the current immigration policy of Team Biden, then Congress needs to act. They need to start by removing Mayorkas, something that the GOP has failed to do, and then pass new laws that force the Executive branch to change their policy.

None of this is the responsibility of SCOTUS. This is a failure of Congress and more specifically the GOP. They have yet to pass any legislation to curb the problem. Apparently they are not too motivated to solve the issue before the election. It keeps the base all excited.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
What's so controversial? There are longstanding court rulings that grants the federal government the sole and Constructional authority for border security. State's Rights do not supercede Federal authority. Read the Constitution.

If you don't like the current immigration policy of Team Biden, then Congress needs to act. They need to start by removing Mayorkas, something that the GOP has failed to do, and then pass new laws that force the Executive branch to change their policy.

None of this is the responsibility of SCOTUS. This is a failure of Congress and more specifically the GOP. They have yet to pass any legislation to curb the problem. Apparently they are not too motivated to solve the issue before the election. It keeps the base all excited.

Wrong within the first dozen or so words.

Now read very carefully: SCOTUS is a branch of the central government and has NO legitimate authority to set the boundaries of federal power. The Constitution itself sets those boundaries and SCOTUS cannot modify them. We may collectively have been conditioned to believe otherwise, but that does not make it true.

From another perspective: the States ratified the Constitution as it was written---including the Tenth Amendment. Ratification was not forfeiture of States' authority.

Or another: the States created the central government, and being the creator of it are no more subject to its every whim than God is subject to the whims of man.

Do you get it?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I get the fact that it is not the duty of SCOTUS to enact laws. They are supposed to dutifully follow the Constitution and nothing more.

I get the fact that the Tenth Amendment is quite clear - States Rights do not supercede Federal Laws.

I get the fact that long-standing case law clearly grants the Federal government authority over border security.

And finally, I get the fact that this is a simple matter of the Federal government not enforcing border security. Like it or not, States cannot suddenly decide to override Federal policy. Sure they can bitch and moan, but this is a matter for Congress to address and not SCOTUS nor the State of Texas.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I get the fact that the Tenth Amendment is quite clear - States Rights do not supercede Federal Laws.

LOL. Read the 10th one more time. Wait, no---read it for the FIRST time.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Wrong within the first dozen or so words.

Now read very carefully: SCOTUS is a branch of the central government and has NO legitimate authority to set the boundaries of federal power. The Constitution itself sets those boundaries and SCOTUS cannot modify them. We may collectively have been conditioned to believe otherwise, but that does not make it true.

From another perspective: the States ratified the Constitution as it was written---including the Tenth Amendment. Ratification was not forfeiture of States' authority.

Or another: the States created the central government, and being the creator of it are no more subject to its every whim than God is subject to the whims of man.

Do you get it?
Well said, and spot on.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

LOL. Read the 10th one more time. Wait, no---read it for the FIRST time.
Furthermore, there is no exclusively delegated Federal authority in the Constitution over the border of a State. In fact, there's a clear statement of authority in the Constitution left to the States with regard to their own borders. It's in Article 1, Section 10, where it states unambiguously that a State may engage in war, even without the consent of the Federal Government, if it finds itself subject to foreign invasion. There can be no other words to describe what's happening at our southern border.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe that clause or section goes so far as to spell out a federal OBLIGATION to defend the border as well.

In the bigger picture, the Constitution is not at all about limiting the rights of either individuals OR States. It's about the limitations and constraints placed upon the central government. And this SCOTUS bullshit has gone way beyond the Constitution also.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...and for Mr. STRS's benefit, the so-called "supremacy clause" (which has nothing to do with the Tenth Amendment in the first place) does not contradict or nullify the rest of the contents of the document in any way, no matter what you've been led to believe.

Don't be the darkness.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
...and for Mr. STRS's benefit, the so-called "supremacy clause" (which is NOT the subject of the Tenth Amendment in the first place) does not contradict or nullify the rest of the contents of the document in any way, no matter what you've been led to believe.
It absolutely doesn't.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 808outdoors, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 14 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,095
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.