Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Nothing new here.....We can count on about 50% of the judges the GOP picks will turn on Conservatives. Roberts is the poster boy, and now he might have a sister.

Last edited by reivertom; 01/23/24.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Was her decision in keeping with the law and constitution?

No.

How so?

I am MAGA.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
But the Constitution has been dead ever since Lincoln decreed that a State which voluntarily joined the union couldn't voluntarily *leave* the union.

How tyranny came to America

http://www.sobran.com/articles/tyranny.shtml

excellent read:

excerpt:

The logic of the Constitution was so elegantly simple that a foreign observer could explain it to his countrymen in two sentences. Alexis de Tocqueville wrote that “the attributes of the federal government were carefully defined [in the Constitution], and all that was not included among them was declared to remain to the governments of the individual states. Thus the government of the states remained the rule, and that of the federal government the exception.”

The Declaration of Independence, which underlies the Constitution, holds that the rights of the people come from God, and that the powers of the government come from the people. Let me repeat that: According to the Declaration of Independence, the rights of the people come from God, and the powers of the government come from the people. Unless you grasp this basic order of things, you’ll have a hard time understanding the Constitution.

The Constitution was the instrument by which the American people granted, or delegated, certain specific powers to the federal government. Any power not delegated was withheld, or “reserved.” As we’ll see later, these principles are expressed particularly in the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, two crucial but neglected provisions of the Constitution.

Let me say it yet again: The rights of the people come from God. The powers of government come from the people. The American people delegated the specific powers they wanted the federal government to have through the Constitution. And any additional powers they wanted to grant were supposed to be added by amendment.

It’s largely because we’ve forgotten these simple principles that the country is in so much trouble. The powers of the federal government have multiplied madly, with only the vaguest justifications and on the most slippery pretexts. Its chief business now is not defending our rights but taking and redistributing our wealth.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by reivertom
Nothing new here.....We can count on about 50% of the judges the GOP picks will turn on Conservatives. Roberts is the poster boy, and now he might have a sister.

I never liked the Amy Coney Barrett nomination from the beginning. She's nothing but a bookmouse moderate.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
But the Constitution has been dead ever since Lincoln decreed that a State which voluntarily joined the union couldn't voluntarily *leave* the union.

How tyranny came to America

http://www.sobran.com/articles/tyranny.shtml

excellent read:

excerpt:

The logic of the Constitution was so elegantly simple that a foreign observer could explain it to his countrymen in two sentences. Alexis de Tocqueville wrote that “the attributes of the federal government were carefully defined [in the Constitution], and all that was not included among them was declared to remain to the governments of the individual states. Thus the government of the states remained the rule, and that of the federal government the exception.”

The Declaration of Independence, which underlies the Constitution, holds that the rights of the people come from God, and that the powers of the government come from the people. Let me repeat that: According to the Declaration of Independence, the rights of the people come from God, and the powers of the government come from the people. Unless you grasp this basic order of things, you’ll have a hard time understanding the Constitution.

The Constitution was the instrument by which the American people granted, or delegated, certain specific powers to the federal government. Any power not delegated was withheld, or “reserved.” As we’ll see later, these principles are expressed particularly in the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, two crucial but neglected provisions of the Constitution.

Let me say it yet again: The rights of the people come from God. The powers of government come from the people. The American people delegated the specific powers they wanted the federal government to have through the Constitution. And any additional powers they wanted to grant were supposed to be added by amendment.

It’s largely because we’ve forgotten these simple principles that the country is in so much trouble. The powers of the federal government have multiplied madly, with only the vaguest justifications and on the most slippery pretexts. Its chief business now is not defending our rights but taking and redistributing our wealth.
Like Button: check!

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Since Chip Roy liked to whine about illegals so much I figured to ask his office what, exactly, is the legal basis or reinterpretation of long standing practice that kept illegals from breaking the law forever, that has now been rent asunder. The cordial woman I spoke to in his Texas office said, "Money." This shockingly unsatisfactory response, although oft repeated, did not flesh out with coherent answers even as I attempted to probe a little deeper. Direct, and simpler stated, inquiries from various angles came frantically to my agitated mind. No dice. There has to be some stupid basis in black print on white (excuse me! - plain) paper. Ain't there? "Money." When such answers do not match up to the pressing questions at hand, I would have to say, "We have a failure to communicate." On top of some serious [bleep]....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lil' Justice Amy and the other women of the SC can go to hell

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ok....so Constitution no good no more cause of muh Civil War.

I see.

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Was her decision in keeping with the law and constitution?

No.

How so?

Kangaroos threw out the Constitution during the bolognavirus "emergency".

The Texas emergency is actually legit.

And the bitch Barrett was onea the roos that threw out the Constitution durin bolo-19.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok....so Constitution no good no more cause of muh Civil War.

I see.

Just like CW1, FedGov is the problem.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I don’t like the ruling either but if you’re just looking at the words documented, the Fed has the responsibility.

The question now is how to legally force the Feds to perform their responsibility.

In the meantime, I hope Abbott follows some of Andrew Jackson’s tactics and keeps on trying and not just more lip service. In parallel with the physical barriers and busing, he should get laws passed that makes it illegal for TX businesses to employ illegal immigrants.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Rock63
The question now is how to legally force the Feds to perform their responsibility.

How do you force the enforcers?

The Feds don't care about the law.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[How do you force the enforcers?

Ordinary people have no standing.

And, even if ya do, you'll get a ruling in about ten years.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Gotta love it.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
🚂🚂

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think Supreme Court recommendations for republican presidents are made with careful consideration towards keeping that all important “balance” to keep from hurting democrat feelings so they can get them confirmed. It’s the most ass backwards process one can dream up. Republicans cater to democrats. The occasional honorable conservative justice that gets confirmation is a happy accident.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did Trump ever pick anyone for anything who was worth a schidt?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Good deal!

Hopefully they stand firm.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (44mc, 3dtestify, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, AussieGunWriter, 35, 10 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,256
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.