Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Along with the SC ruling, this is the first thing to be done after the wire removal! 🤬 memtb

https://babylonbee.com/news/supreme-court-rules-texas-must-replace-barbed-wire-with-red-carpet

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ok....so Constitution no good no more cause of muh Civil War.

I see.

Appears to me he is suggesting that states’ rights to secceed were removed in the war, and now states’ rights to defend their border against foreign invasion have been as well.

Remember the Constitution is meant to curtail an over active federal govt, not to enumerate states’ rights. Where in the Constitution is it left explicitly to the Feds to guard our borders?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I don't know.

That why I have been asking before we go all Mothers Against Canada.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
It is interesting though that a conflict fought over slavery is being used to debate a conflict over slavery.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Roberts & Barrett what the hell is wrong with them to allow this invasion to continue. Good for Texas to stand their ground. I don't want all these illegals coming to Louisiana our state is already dark enough with blacks now I have to look at brown skin and listen to nothing but spanish speaking. I was at walmart the other day felt like I was in Mexico with all the mexicans this has to stop.

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It is interesting though that a conflict fought over slavery is being used to debate a conflict over slavery.
Yes

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Here’s where it’s in the constitution;

Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Rock63

Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Is that granting to the Feds the right to stop states from guarding their borders, or is it assigning the Feds the duty to guard the borders?

And Republican form of govt??? What about OUR SACRED DEMOCRACY!?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Rock63

Section 4

Is that granting to the Feds the right to stop states from guarding their borders, or is it assigning the Feds the duty to guard the borders?

And Republican form of govt??? What about OUR SACRED DEMOCRACY!?

A document written to be understood by the general population needs no court to explain the obvious. A state has the right of self defense as surely as an individual citizen.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
W H A T ??????????? OMG i'm triggered
WASHINGTON, DC — Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett fielded questions from reporters regarding her controversial vote to remove razor wire from the Texas border and claims it has absolutely nothing to do with her plans to re-landscape her yard this summer.

"My plans to have a nice row of Elm trees planted along the southern fence of my backyard has nothing to do with my vote to allow more gardeners, er, I mean illegal immigrants, into the country," Justice Barrett explained.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
WASHINGTON, DC — Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett fielded questions from reporters regarding her controversial vote to remove razor wire from the Texas border and claims it has absolutely nothing to do with her plans to re-landscape her yard this summer.

"My plans to have a nice row of Elm trees planted along the southern fence of my backyard has nothing to do with my vote to allow more gardeners, er, I mean illegal immigrants, into the country," Justice Barrett explained.

Great post. Well done mike, outstanding!

GOA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Great post. Well done mike, outstanding!

Should we tell him?

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I had first typed out a grand response as to the Southern perspective of the war and a pretty good argument expressing the fact that the war was fought over a LOT more than slavery. Upon reflection, I decided to relate this instead, in which I will paraphrase. I can dig up the exact text if needed, given enough time.

Toward the end of his life in an address given at New Orleans, former Confederate President Jefferson F. Davis reflected on the war. He plainly stated that the constitutional issues that resulted in the secession of the Southern states have yet to have been resolved and that he feared that they one day would come forth again to be resolved. As this was a good number of years after the war, he was obviously not referring to slavery. It was constitutional state's rights and Federal control over the states. Think about it. This is a former successful U.S. Army officer, a graduate of USMA (West Point), a colonel combat veteran of the Mexican War, a former son-in-law of U.S. President & General Zachary Taylor, a former U.S. Secretary of War, a successful planter, a former U.S. Senator, and a former General of Mississippi State Troops, before becoming President of the Confederate States of America. I think it reasonable to accept that he had the credentials to know what he was speaking of. If anyone has the inclination, I highly suggest reading his book, The Rise And Fall Of The Confederate Government. I have the privilege of personally knowing two of his descendants in Mississippi, one of them for 55 years now. DEO VINDICE

Last edited by Henryseale; 01/23/24. Reason: typo error

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's not that complicated. Nobody disputes that the border belongs to the Federal Government, but that border is a line down the middle of the Rio Grande.

Are States themselves owned by the Federal Government, or is it the other way around?

That is what is at stake here.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Riverc
When Trump selected her I knew he made a big mistake.
Women are generally unreliable in such roles.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Did Trump ever pick anyone for anything who was worth a schidt?

Not very many, more not, than worthy. That is his track record, don't expect this to change if he is voted in as POTUS.

I'll vote for him, but knowing he will do what he has done in the past. Trump is an apprentice when it comes to hiring the right people. That is his proven weakness.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Youse guys are going to someday realize, all you are seeing is designed for a reason.

Things Are Not As They Appear.

But The Plan is working. The people are gradually becoming awake as to the tyranny of the US Neonazi Government.

Like Trump said at Turning Point, When the people learn the truth they will support what WE do. The People are learning.

The Tide is turning. As Q said, "The Old Guard is being turned out for the New."

We are Winning.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/24/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
How relevant it is I’am not sure, but as I understand it the SCOTUS ruling stated “ may take down the wire” not shall take down the wire, or must take down the wire, bfurthermore they made no mention of Texas ability to replace said wire. Appears to me as asine it may be we could end up with a situation feds take it down and just as fast Texas puts it back up. Resolution, conservatives win all three branch of federal gov’t and 2/3 of leglislatures and governorship of the states in 2024. God Bless America once again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Great!! Is greg abbott finally showing some balls?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,789
Posts18,496,041
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.