Home
Posted By: RockyRaab Moon landing in two hours - 02/22/24
The Odysseus private moon lander from Intuitive Machines launched earlier this week is set to attempt a landing on the moon at 6:24 Eastern time. The unmanned craft carries several experiments for NASA and will land near the moon's south pole. Live coverage HERE
Bottom of the Moon = Fromunda Cheese, NASA experiment to analyze for bacteria

(apologies Rocky, thinking about the wives tail that moon is made from cheese.........)
Was not up to speed on this, but it was a cinch NASA wasn’t driving the bus
You'd be correct. Private company built it, SpaceX launched it. IM allowed NASA to buy space for some experiments (and charged them enough to just about pay for the whole deal.)
RockyRaab: Thanks for the heads up - link says just over and hour now til touchdown.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
At this point, I would prefer it if they would focus on arming systems that could orbit the earth with laser technology that can take out all hostile orbiting spacecraft and systems designed to end our way of life and that will put us back into the stone age, make us defenseless and unable to communicate!

Long OVERDUE IMHO.
Nobody is going to the fuggin moon.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Correct. No body. It's unmanned.
Did it land?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/22/24
From what I'm listening to, it sounds like they believe it did but have no communications, yet?
Posted By: rost495 Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/22/24
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

Thats the first time this lunatic idiot poster might be correct in his life.
Looks like they confirmed the landing.
When do we see images from the lander?
It has landed and they are monitoring a transmission from the craft. They say it's a weak signal, but no one seems concerned about that that I can tell.
Standing by to hear if ET calls home.

They did some truly remarkable engineering in the final two hours. When the (I assume) radar altimeter that tells them how far they are from the surface failed, they somehow re-jiggered two lasers aboard to do the same job. In less than an hour.
A manned mission is impossible, due to the Van Halen radiation belt. grin

[Linked Image from faroutmagazine.co.uk]
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's what I'd like to know. How it is that over 50 years after we watched the Eagle land on TV we can't see what's happening with this thing...who knows. Maybe they're using Radio Shack walkie talkies ort something.
SUCCESS!

TRH, your belief exceeds your knowledge.
Posted By: DMc Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/22/24
Anticlimactic... saying images would be coming later. Also saying only 1 of the 4 antennas are working??
Originally Posted by RiverRider

That's what I'd like to know. How it is that over 50 years after we watched the Eagle land on TV we can't see what's happening with this thing...who knows. Maybe they're using Radio Shack walkie talkies ort something.
I remember seeing all that live on TV, as it happened. I guess our technology was better back then.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/22/24

I remember seeing all that live on TV, as it happened. I guess our technology was better back then.
Maybe not better but maybe they didn't have the budget to get that done on this landing instantly? Maybe it would have been instant if all 4 antennae working? The lunar lander was manned so there were people right there to correct issues?
Posted By: DMc Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/22/24

Bingo!
By breakfast we'll be seeing reports that it's faked and being filmed in Cousin Benny's garage.
Originally Posted by KillerBee
At this point, I would prefer it if they would focus on arming systems that could orbit the earth with laser technology that can take out all hostile orbiting spacecraft and systems designed to end our way of life and that will put us back into the stone age, make us defenseless and unable to communicate!

Long OVERDUE IMHO.
Let's forget all the issues regarding the initiation of yet another arms race which the liberals in this nation have left us ill equipped to afford.

Let's just focus on the physical impracticality of orbital laser weapons platforms intended to destroy other orbital weapons or communications devices.

First to deal with are the power requirements of a weapons grade laser. You have to generate that power in place , and generate it fast enough to make your weapons system capable of repeating shots. It is one thing to do so on a naval vessel the size of a cruiser or aircraft carrier. (Which is just barely becoming practical) It is another to do so on equipment which must be lifted into high Earth orbit.

Second is that space is a great big environment. Your target could well be thousands, or tens of thousands of miles away. Laser beams do have an angle of dispersion. While your initial beam might have the energy to cut 1 inch plate steel at ten inches with a 1/4 inch beam diameter. When that beam has dispersed to a diameter of 20 feet, it is another matter entirely. The intensity is subject to the inverse square law

A laser becomes 1/4 as intense with every 100 meters it travels in space. My example of the 1/4 inch beam turning into a 20 foot beam occurs at 1000 meters. 1/4 inch X 2 to the tenth. If the beam diameter doubles with eveyr 100 meters then its intensity become 1/4 with every 100 meters. or 1 over 4 to the tenth power at 1000 meters.

We would be better off lifting a ma deuce into orbit and firing 750 gr slugs at the target.

Feel free to correct my math. I am a bit out of practice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/uruuh8/if_spaceships_actually_shot_lasers_in_space/

Diffraction guarantees that the energy spreads out as the laser beam travels through space. How fast this happens depends on the wavelength of light being used, and the initial cross section of the (close to) parallel beam as it was shot. The relation is that the angle of spreading is proportional to wavelength divided by the linear dimension of the cross section (diameter of the circle, say), or approximately theta = lambda/d, where theta is in radians.

If you draw an initial beam with diameter d, spreading from each side of that beam with half-angle theta/2 (so the full angular spread is theta), and use the small angle approximation (theta in radians = size of thing divided by distance to thing) then you can find that at some distance L, the new diameter D of the beam is now

D = d + L*theta = d + L*(lambda/d)

Let's run some numbers; I'm going to use lambda = 1000nm because I like round numbers more than I like sticking to the canonical visible wavelengths like red. 1000nm is in the near infrared.

Case #1, my personal blaster, with a beam diameter starting at 1cm = 0.01m = 107 nm. Then theta = lambda/D = 1000nm/107nm = 10-4. We can use the formula for D above to see that the beam has doubled in diameter by the time it's travelled 100 meters. Doubling in diameter causes the intensity of the beam (its "blastiness") to go down by a factor of four. By the time you're a kilometer away, the beam is about 10 times as big in diameter as it originally was, or 100 times less blasty.

Case #2, my ship's laser blaster, which is designed to blow a hole in an enemy ship, and has a starting beam diameter of 1 meter. Here theta = 1000nm/109nm = 10-6 radians. Using the formula above again, we can see the beam diameter doubles in 106 meters.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
By breakfast we'll be seeing reports that it's faked and being filmed in Cousin Benny's garage.

I am sure. And if this craft photographed and lunar landers or rovers as it passed overhead, those photos are faked as well.

And Rocky, thanks once more.
Originally Posted by DMc
Anticlimactic... saying images would be coming later. Also saying only 1 of the 4 antennas are working??

The low gravity makes it harder to erect the antennas....
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The Odysseus private moon lander from Intuitive Machines launched earlier this week is set to attempt a landing on the moon at 6:24 Eastern time. The unmanned craft carries several experiments for NASA and will land near the moon's south pole. Live coverage HERE
[quote=RockyRaab]

Rocky I do not follow this at all but I was at our company’s five day equipment auction Sunday through yesterday in Orlando. I left early to come back to Alabama on Wednesday as they had today and Friday left. Tuesday I was outside the auction main office on the site waiting out front for an Uber to take me back to the hotel. I was on the phone talking with my wife waiting on my ride when I look back to the east toward the Cape and I saw what had to be a rocket of some sort heading vertically at a significant clip heading to the heavens and it disappeared after 30-40 seconds.

I was wondering if you knew if they had a practice launch or if this a planned launch. It was definitely a rocket. I spotted around 3:15 pm eastern time Tuesday. Do you know if there was a planned launch on that date or what it was?
Posted By: longarm Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/23/24
Gosh I hope they bring back another rock! (rolls eyes)
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/23/24
Originally Posted by thirtyotsix
Rocky I do not follow this at all but I was at our company’s five day equipment auction Sunday through yesterday in Orlando. I left early to come back to Alabama on Wednesday as they had today and Friday left. Tuesday I was outside the auction main office on the site waiting out front for an Uber to take me back to the hotel. I was on the phone talking with my wife waiting on my ride when I look back to the east toward the Cape and I saw what had to be a rocket of some sort heading vertically at a significant clip heading to the heavens and it disappeared after 30-40 seconds.

I was wondering if you knew if they had a practice launch or if this a planned launch. It was definitely a rocket. I spotted around 3:15 pm eastern time Tuesday. Do you know if there was a planned launch on that date or what it was?

SpaceX had a launch on Tuesday, Feb 20, 2024.
https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1760035173280911460

https://www.spacex.com/launches
who's doing the filming outta the big 5 ?

Universal Pictures
Paramount Pictures
Warner Bros.
Walt Disney Studios
or Sony Pictures ?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Yep. Historic first for a U.S. company.
Originally Posted by thirtyotsix
[quote=RockyRaab]The Odysseus private moon lander from Intuitive Machines launched earlier this week is set to attempt a landing on the moon at 6:24 Eastern time. The unmanned craft carries several experiments for NASA and will land near the moon's south pole. Live coverage HERE

This might be what you saw on Feb 20 at 3:15 PM.
Cape Canaveral - Tuesday February 20, 2024: A Space X Falcon 9 rocket successfully launched and Indonesian communications satellite into orbit a geosynchronous transfer orbit from Cape Canaveral Tuesday afternoon. The Telkomsat Merah Putih 2 mission took off Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station.
Fake. Filmed on a movie set with crisis actors.

😂
Moon landing skeptics make me LOL.

My dear beloved Grandma was born in 1902. She was the most Christian GOOD devout person I have ever known. I well remember her telling all of us through the late 60s that God would never let Man travel to the heavens, not until after Christ returns and takes us back. Man absolutely can NOT go to the moon.

Even she understood after watching Neil Armstrong step off of that lander on the Curtis Mathess.
The Government or a large corporation would never lie to us. Would They?
Originally Posted by MadMooner

😂

Both times.
Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/23/24
Originally Posted by MadMooner
😂

Jag’s gonna be pissed you got a Jimmy Olsen on him.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Long OVERDUE IMHO.
Let's forget all the issues regarding the initiation of yet another arms race which the liberals in this nation have left us ill equipped to afford.

Let's just focus on the physical impracticality of orbital laser weapons platforms intended to destroy other orbital weapons or communications devices.

First to deal with are the power requirements of a weapons grade laser. You have to generate that power in place , and generate it fast enough to make your weapons system capable of repeating shots. It is one thing to do so on a naval vessel the size of a cruiser or aircraft carrier. (Which is just barely becoming practical) It is another to do so on equipment which must be lifted into high Earth orbit.

Second is that space is a great big environment. Your target could well be thousands, or tens of thousands of miles away. Laser beams do have an angle of dispersion. While your initial beam might have the energy to cut 1 inch plate steel at ten inches with a 1/4 inch beam diameter. When that beam has dispersed to a diameter of 20 feet, it is another matter entirely. The intensity is subject to the inverse square law

A laser becomes 1/4 as intense with every 100 meters it travels in space. My example of the 1/4 inch beam turning into a 20 foot beam occurs at 1000 meters. 1/4 inch X 2 to the tenth. If the beam diameter doubles with eveyr 100 meters then its intensity become 1/4 with every 100 meters. or 1 over 4 to the tenth power at 1000 meters.

We would be better off lifting a ma deuce into orbit and firing 750 gr slugs at the target.

Feel free to correct my math. I am a bit out of practice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/uruuh8/if_spaceships_actually_shot_lasers_in_space/

Diffraction guarantees that the energy spreads out as the laser beam travels through space. How fast this happens depends on the wavelength of light being used, and the initial cross section of the (close to) parallel beam as it was shot. The relation is that the angle of spreading is proportional to wavelength divided by the linear dimension of the cross section (diameter of the circle, say), or approximately theta = lambda/d, where theta is in radians.

If you draw an initial beam with diameter d, spreading from each side of that beam with half-angle theta/2 (so the full angular spread is theta), and use the small angle approximation (theta in radians = size of thing divided by distance to thing) then you can find that at some distance L, the new diameter D of the beam is now

D = d + L*theta = d + L*(lambda/d)

Let's run some numbers; I'm going to use lambda = 1000nm because I like round numbers more than I like sticking to the canonical visible wavelengths like red. 1000nm is in the near infrared.

Case #1, my personal blaster, with a beam diameter starting at 1cm = 0.01m = 107 nm. Then theta = lambda/D = 1000nm/107nm = 10-4. We can use the formula for D above to see that the beam has doubled in diameter by the time it's travelled 100 meters. Doubling in diameter causes the intensity of the beam (its "blastiness") to go down by a factor of four. By the time you're a kilometer away, the beam is about 10 times as big in diameter as it originally was, or 100 times less blasty.

Case #2, my ship's laser blaster, which is designed to blow a hole in an enemy ship, and has a starting beam diameter of 1 meter. Here theta = 1000nm/109nm = 10-6 radians. Using the formula above again, we can see the beam diameter doubles in 106 meters.

No need to Idaho_Shooter, and I appreciate your post!

Launchable warheads then, give the job to Musk he will figure it out.

I know it's futuristic thinking, considering we haven't even protected our power grid yet.

Better to be ahead of the curve than behind it!

My dear beloved Grandma was born in 1902. She was the most Christian GOOD devout person I have ever known. I well remember her telling all of us through the late 60s that God would never let Man travel to the heavens, not until after Christ returns and takes us back. Man absolutely can NOT go to the moon.

Even she understood after watching Neil Armstrong step off of that lander on the Curtis Mathess.
Same exact story with my grandmother. Devout Baptist, and was sure God wouldn't let man walk on the moon. She only believed it was true when Walter Cronkite said it was.
Posted By: Chisos Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/23/24
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

And we done been to Mars. Axe Sheila Jackson Lee bout it....
I watched the moon landings as a child. Pretty exciting back then. Now as an adult I wonder who was up there filming all of that. Wasnt the film of Armstrong coming down the ladder filmed from an angle towards the lunar craft? How did the camera get over there? Who was running it? Things that make you go hmmmmmm. Lol.
That camera was mounted on one of the other lander's legs.

One fascinating thing about yesterday's landing is the "Eagle Eye" camera. A student suggested that the craft eject a camera just before touchdown to record the event as a "selfie". Students designed it and helped build it. Apparently, it actually worked. IM says they'll post the video of the touchdown, and have already posted a stunning still of the craft on the surface taken by Eagle Eye.
Photo of approach

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
& Oswald acted alone
Posted By: erikj Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/23/24
That's the picture I saw Killer. If this was 1971 they'd be driving their solar powered moon buggy already.

And they used the Slide Rule!!
Posted By: erikj Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/23/24

Som-ting Wong?
Posted By: Steve Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/23/24
Originally Posted by erikj
Som-ting Wong?

They're using ATT's mobile network?
Wrong Grasshopper.....Alice Kramden was sent there years ago.

Moon landing believers make me lol. It’s a religion to them, .gov wouldn’t lie to us. Lolol
[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]
With the latest photoshop and CGI we will never be able to tell, They don't get the benefit of the doubt, They have absolutely no credibility left.
Meanwhile life on Earth is continuing to go down the drain.
Posted By: DMc Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/23/24
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by DMc

The low gravity makes it harder to erect the antennas....
Like shrinkage? I've suffered with that in cold environments.
Originally Posted by granitestate1
With the latest photoshop and CGI we will never be able to tell, They don't get the benefit of the doubt, They have absolutely no credibility left.

The technology also makes it easier to verify. SpaceX isn’t going to lie about a project like this.
Faking any of this would be harder than doing it, as I keep saying. Doubly so for trying to keep the faking a secret.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Moon landing believers make me lol. It’s a religion to them, .gov wouldn’t lie to us. Lolol

Nuttier than a fruitcake. Flat Earther too? Geocentrist?

Thousands and thousands of people were involved in the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs over a period of almost twenty years. Tracking stations were located all over the world.

It is amazing that every one of these people were involved in this huge conspiracy, and yet never a one of them has spilled the beans.
Pictures or it didn't happen. laugh
They'll post pictures as soon as they can. But entertaining armchair fans like us is not their highest priority right now. They have only about seven days to accomplish all their science goals before the sun sets on their machine - literally. After that, the mission is over.
Mission Update News Conference starting in minutes HERE
Looks like it tipped over upon landing. That sucks.
Sorta, yes. It seems like they'll be able to do all the science even though it tipped over. When they are able to download photos, it'll tell them more.
Posted By: Mwbyler Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
Sorta, yes. It seems like they'll be able to do all the science even though it tipped over. When they are able to download photos, it'll tell them more.
they must not had everything coordinated right on the set for the actual shoot,wonder how many takes leading up to it.
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
they must not had everything coordinated right on the set for the actual shoot,wonder how many takes leading up to it.

17?
Those AI folks did a good job making it seem like you're a real person.
It's a shame we have all been lied to so much about everything.

Skepticism is my first reaction to everything I see or hear coming from govt or media now.

Who would you trust to tell you the truth about stuff?
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Looks like it tipped over upon landing. That sucks.

Still working on the technology

Posted By: wabigoon Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
Do I have it right, they were not sure how deep the dust was?
Next time, they'll send you up with a ruler first.
50 some years ago they had the technology to put man on the moon but with the advanced tech available today they tipped over upon landing and seem to have issues with staying in contact to be able to receive photos. Yeah makes perfect sense and seems about right. Carry on....
Posted By: Hastings Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
OK, is it the story that an unmanned ship landed and crashed over on its side? So if it happened that a ship got to the moon the mission is a failure other than it did get there?
50 some years ago they had the technology to put man on the moon but with the advanced tech available today they tipped over upon landing and seem to have issues with staying in contact to be able to receive photos. Yeah makes perfect sense and seems about right. Carry on....
The first one was in a movie studio.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Is that a hearing aid? sick
The first moon landing would have failed three times over if it had not been manned.

Like many things, landing on the moon is so much more difficult than the untutored would even imagine. IIRC, only four countries have been able to do it, while several others have failed. For a private company to do it - even if only 90% perfect - is flat amazing.

They encountered a navigation issue just before the planned landing orbit and decided to delay it by one more trip around. In that one hour - half of which the craft was behind the moon and completely out of contact - they wrote new navigation software, figured out how to replace it in the craft's computers without also losing control, uploaded it, and gave the irreversible command for the craft to autonomously make the landing try. What they did in that hour would normally take weeks or months to achieve. Once they issued the "go ahead" command, they had no further control of the lander at all. Nothing but fingers crossed, nail biting, breathing hard, and sweating suspense.
The first moon landing would have failed three times over if it had not been manned.

Like many things, landing on the moon is so much more difficult than the untutored would even imagine. IIRC, only four countries have been able to do it, while several others have failed. For a private company to do it - even if only 90% perfect - is flat amazing.

They encountered a navigation issue just before the planned landing orbit and decided to delay it by one more trip around. In that one hour - half of which the craft was behind the moon and completely out of contact - they wrote new navigation software, figured out how to replace it in the craft's computers without also losing control, uploaded it, and gave the irreversible command for the craft to autonomously make the landing try. What they did in that hour would normally take weeks or months to achieve. Once they issued the "go ahead" command, they had no further control of the lander at all. Nothing but fingers crossed, nail biting, breathing hard, and sweating suspense.

I have heard, although not so sure how true it is, that the onboard computers on the moon missions had much less capability than a now antiquated HP41 calculator.

Thousands and thousands of people were involved in the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs over a period of almost twenty years. Tracking stations were located all over the world.

It is amazing that every one of these people were involved in this huge conspiracy, and yet never a one of them has spilled the beans.

Get a Covid booster, same folks that sold that hoax told you we landed on the moon.
That is absolute bullshit. We landed on the moon six times.
That is absolute bullshit. We landed on the moon six times.

Only thanks to all those black women with the yardsticks and sidewalk chalk behind the scenes.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It's a shame we have all been lied to so much about everything.

Skepticism is my first reaction to everything I see or hear coming from govt or media now.

Who would you trust to tell you the truth about stuff?
Your priest?????????
[quote]The first one was in a movie studio.[quote]
Well hell, Weren't nobody there to film it. I will start getting interested when they start sending pictures of the back side of the moon. Lots of rumors about that. miles
There are thousands of those pictures, Miles. Both out Lunar Orbiter and the Chinese have been taking and sending them for years now.

The moon's far side IS a lot different than the front. That came as a surprise. Sadly, though, no movie sets or alien bases.
There are thousands of those pictures, Miles. Both out Lunar Orbiter and the Chinese have been taking and sending them for years now.

The moon's far side IS a lot different than the front. That came as a surprise. Sadly, though, no movie sets or alien bases.

Well the chinese angle certainly lends credibility. I rescind my skepticism. I’ll go get my clot shot and adopt a family of poor god fearing peaceful military age salvadorans because they are only here to make our lives better. If I worship the prophet in Salt Lake I’ll even get my own planet if I have enough kids.

Hells yeah
LOL rolling him like a bum for a dolla.
Originally Posted by milespatton
Well hell, Weren't nobody there to film it. I will start getting interested when they start sending pictures of the back side of the moon. Lots of rumors about that. miles
I hear there's a black obelisk buried back there that, when dug up, will send a signal to its counterpart orbiting Jupiter. Both have been there for six million years.
Posted By: add Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
[Linked Image from thenewbev.com]
Originally Posted by milespatton
[quote]The first one was in a movie studio.[quote]
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=photos+of+the+back+side+of+the+moon

https://earthsky.org/space/whats-on-far-side-of-moon/

[Linked Image from earthsky.org]
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
Once you actually see the Saturn rocket that launched all these moon landings, you would wonder why anyone would even get into the space capsule. Close up, they look like a sheet metal and plumbing prokect from a junior high schoold...

Back than we had Tang. Everybody was sharp, and on their game.
These threads are always … illuminating.
Posted By: add Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Space Food Sticks.

Don't forget Space Food Sticks.

[Linked Image from 2.bp.blogspot.com]
If nothing else, you guys have to give NASA credit for its role in developing HAACP, the program which makes America's food the safest the world has ever known.......Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point. Oh, and microwave ovens.

The HACCP concept was first developed in the 1960s by the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), working with Pillsbury, to ensure crumb- and pathogen-free food that had extensive shelf-life properties for space travel—the first pathogen monitoring and measurement requirement imposed on food.
Posted By: Steve Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

No shit.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
Is the moon the color of charcoal?
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Space Food Sticks.

Don't forget Space Food Sticks.

[Linked Image from 2.bp.blogspot.com]

I bet few remember this stuff; Dre’s space tube candy..

Posted By: Hastings Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
Unrelated to this subject, but does pertain to space travel.How does one poop inside a spacecraft in zero gravity? With a lady astronaut on board? How would she urinate? Catheter? Sounds like a problem.
The toilets suck.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
The toilets suck.

laugh

That's funny!
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
The toilets suck.

Literally
Posted By: erikj Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
For gruff. Sixty years after the Model T, they're doing donuts on the moon. Hard to believe.

Posted By: AZmark Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/24/24
Originally Posted by Hastings
Unrelated to this subject, but does pertain to space travel.How does one poop inside a spacecraft in zero gravity? With a lady astronaut on board? How would she urinate? Catheter? Sounds like a problem.

Hmmm....Can you get a hard on in space?

Originally Posted by AZmark

Hmmm....Can you get a hard on in space?
It wouldn’t make sense to live on Mars if so.
exactly, kinda reminds me of a 1968 tell a vision show called news benders🙄

Oh, yeah, I saw that. 1977. It starred OJ Simpson, Sam Waterston, Brenda Vacarro, Elliot Gould, Telly Savalas, Hal Holbrook
Back in 69, we all assumed that within 50 years we'd have constantly manned moon bases.

Oh, yeah, I saw that. 1977. It starred OJ Simpson, Sam Waterston, Brenda Vacarro, Elliot Gould, Telly Savalas, Hall Holbrook
Show us your vax card
Hmmm? I do not have one??? Should I?
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24

That the sceptics opine using a system that allows anyone in the world to instantly enjoy their wisdom is...ironic?

mike r
Posted By: Hastings Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
Hmmm? I do not have one??? Should I?
My wife’s sister in law told us that when she was in New York City you couldn’t get into restaurants or a lot of places without showing your vaccination card. She very much approved. She also is a Biden supporter.
Originally Posted by lvmiker

That the sceptics opine using a system that allows anyone in the world to instantly enjoy their wisdom is...ironic?

mike r

Things travel fast on a flat surface.
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Is the moon the color of charcoal?

The Moon does have a surprisingly low albedo.
Posted By: add Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24

C'mon CovTard,

How did the Manhattan Project get off the ground?

crazy
Posted By: DBT Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
Impossible to fake. There are any number of tracking stations around the world and any number of unfriendly nations willing to expose fraud. The world is not flat, the moon landings happened.
To fake all those signals coming from the moon, all they had to do was fly a movie crew out there to plant the transmitters that would fake landing astronauts there.

Right?
Posted By: Pugs Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
To fake all those signals coming from the moon, all they had to do was fly a movie crew out there to plant the transmitters that would fake landing astronauts there.

Right?

Yep! We know it was all faked but they used Stanley Kubrick as a director and he insisted on filming on location on the moon for authenticity. grin
Posted By: Mwbyler Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
Originally Posted by DBT
Impossible to fake. There are any number of tracking stations around the world and any number of unfriendly nations willing to expose fraud. The world is not flat, the moon landings happened.
escape the matrix if you can bloke, the struggle is real
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
Originally Posted by DBT

Why belabor the point? Anyone not believing it happened will never be convinced otherwise.

Why do you think there are programs on werewolves and Bigfoot? The same people that don’t believe in the moon landing, will believe in Bigfoot.
In spite of the revolution of computing, increased knowledge sum base, advanced materials testing...it seems that engineering fails are as frequent as they were back in slide rule days. Chernobyl, Jap nuke plant, Bhopal, bridge failures, Challenger, Deepwater Horizon, building collapses, Boeing 737 Max...and nobody is quite sure what NASA actually accomplishes anymore...seems like they farm everything out to private contractors...and cut the checks to the contractors. It seems up into the 70's, we accomplished some real marvels of achievement, infrastructure, aviation, energy, medicine.
Even the most militant and hostile of the alphabet generations must admit to some pretty amazing world changing stuff happened, the end of the cold war, the B52, the SR-71, the moon shot, polio whipped, nuke plants, deepwater drilling, organ transplants, lasers , fiber optics.
Has the pace of discovery and achievement slowed? Or am I suffering from boomer nostalgia?
Lots a bleeding gashes getting emotional and insulting over anyone questioning their dogma lol

Space travel is a very important component in some belief systems.

How about them black chicks being the real brains behind it, anyone disagree with that?
There were a lot of very good brains behind the Apollo program. Some of them happened to be in Black women.

There are lot of very good brains around today, too. Sadly, none of them in flat earthers, moon deniers, Bigfoot hunters, flying saucer nerds...
Posted By: 673 Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
Moon landing lol.
.gov wouldn’t lie about something as important as a moon landing.
These threads do expose the knuckle dragging mouth breathers around here
Posted By: DMc Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
.gov wouldn’t lie about something as important as a moon landing.
Nor would they rig a Presidential election or try to kill us all with a bio-weapon.

Hah!

I don’t give a schit if folks do or don’t believe we landed on the moon. Or if they believe in Bigfoot. It’s simply fun busting balls.

The Q clearly visible on the lunar surface does raise some interesting questions. Maybe Jag will weigh in.

https://www.universetoday.com/129279/looking-lunar-letters/amp/
I have joined the 'I don't know' group. The idea of a successful 500,000 mile round trip interrupted by a successful landing on a moon and people dismounting the ship and walking around with no atmosphere to filter the sun and not much gravity is a bit much to believe. Especially considering the technology of the time. And we are to believe these folks then rejoined the main ship which never landed, all with 1960s equipment. And then piloted the mother ship successfully back to earth.

Maybe they did. Doesn't seem likely they could have gotten there alive and to top it off got back home. Maybe they did.

Way smarter folks than me believe the moon story but then again way smarter people than me believe a lot things that aren't true.
I have joined the 'I don't know' group. The idea of a successful 500,000 mile round trip interrupted by a successful landing on a moon and people dismounting the ship and walking around with no atmosphere to filter the sun and not much gravity is a bit much to believe. Especially considering the technology of the time. And we are to believe these folks then rejoined the main ship which never landed, all with 1960s equipment. And then piloted the mother ship successfully back to earth.

Maybe they did. Doesn't seem likely they could have gotten there alive and to top it off got back home. Maybe they did.

Way smarter folks than me believe the moon story but then again way smarter people than me believe a lot things that aren't true.
It would be easier to believe if we had started constructing permanently manned bases there by the year 2,000. If we went there in 1969, it's almost inconceivable that some nation of the earth hasn't established such bases by now.

All in all, though, I believe we did it, but it's not easy, so I'm wide open for contrary evidence, particularly in light of how little faith I have learned to habitually possess in the mainstream institutions/government nowadays, and knowing how many huge lies have been promulgated by them which are nonetheless believed uncritically by the vast majority of people.

It would be easier to believe if we had started constructing permanently manned bases there by the year 2,000. If we went there in 1969, it's almost inconceivable that some nation of the earth hasn't established such bases by now.

All in all, though, I believe we did it, but it's not easy, so I'm wide open for contrary evidence, particularly in light of how little faith I have learned to habitually possess in the mainstream institutions/government nowadays, and knowing how many huge lies have been promulgated by them which are nonetheless believed uncritically by the vast majority of people.
That's the problem, they lie so much.
Those who maintain that it was all faked, however, will somehow have to explain how there's been a laser reflector on the moon since the 1969 landing, as this fact is pretty easily verifiable.
My older brother has always maintained that the reason the moon program petered out, along with manned missions to anywhere, was simply due to the huge amounts of money we've been hoodwinked into spending on wasteful government giveaway programs.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
Only a bleeding gash would believe that space travel has actually been achieved! We all know that the entire history of the world is a lie and that E. Musk is a robot placed amongst us by the jews.

JFC I love this place.

LOL

mike r
Posted By: DMc Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
Decide for yourself. Arguments of a faked moon landing here.

Those who maintain that it was all faked, however, will somehow have to explain how there's been a laser reflector on the moon since the 1969 landing, as this fact is pretty easily verifiable.

Ah, so that's where the Jewish space lasers come from, it's all making sense now.
You struggle getting packages delivered to your front door, brother.
Posted By: Bob_mt Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/25/24
rocky serious question, what has been the real benefit of the moon landings for the usa. ....bob
The list of benefits is too long to post here. That's not a copout.

Mankind has learned so much from manned spaceflight, not least of which are the medical advances. Those range from monitoring by instrumentation seen in IC wards to embedded insulin pumps, MRI technology, and much more. Then there's food packaging; that ubiquitous aluminized wrapping we now find on candy bars, potato chips, and almost everything else comes straight from spaceflight.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Ah, so that's where the Jewish space lasers come from, it's all making sense now.
Jewish space lasers??

That's the problem, they lie so much.

The ONLY reason I buy into a moon landing, is the well equipped and vigilant Russians would have blown the whistle on a scam...I think.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
The ONLY reason I buy into a moon landing, is the well equipped and vigilant Russians would have blown the whistle on a scam...I think.
If you have valuable information that can be used as blackmail that is a card you hold onto until desperately needed. There would be no profit in exposing such information. For all we know Russia has blackmailed and extorted U.S. politicians for years. What do you think they might have on the Clintons and Obamas? A lot I would expect. Our own former Senator Vitter got caught up in a prostitution scandal. That Epstein Island trap has caught no telling how many that are now blackmailable.

I wouldn't doubt the Russians and Chinese would keep embarrassing information secret. That is what makes it valuable.
There were a lot of very good brains behind the Apollo program. Some of them happened to be in Black women.

There are lot of very good brains around today, too. Sadly, none of them in flat earthers, moon deniers, Bigfoot hunters, flying saucer nerds...

Please don’t neglect the qbers.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
If you have valuable information that can be used as blackmail that is a card you hold onto until desperately needed. There would be no profit in exposing such information. For all we know Russia has blackmailed and extorted U.S. politicians for years. What do you think they might have on the Clintons and Obamas? A lot I would expect. Our own former Senator Vitter got caught up in a prostitution scandal. That Epstein Island trap has caught no telling how many that are now blackmailable.

I wouldn't doubt the Russians and Chinese would keep embarrassing information secret. That is what makes it valuable.

True enough, thought provoking. I keep forgetting the Russians are master chess players. While inside the beltway, our leaders are struggling with checkers.
Posted By: DBT Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/26/24
Originally Posted by DBT

Matrix? If so, what is the reality?
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/26/24

It’s off topic, and I am not picking on you, but this did raise a hypothetical question in my mind. I would be interested in knowing the percentage of people who believe in the Bible who do not believe that humans landed on the moon in 1969.
Posted By: Mwbyler Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/26/24
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

if you look into the chronology and the true history of humanity that's been falsified throughout time than the mathematical construct comes out to perfection and shows we live in a simulation, if we live in a simulation than that means there has to be a real reality or a prime reality outside of this one.
Posted By: DBT Re: Moon landing in two hours - 02/26/24
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

if you look into the chronology and the true history of humanity that's been falsified throughout time than the mathematical construct comes out to perfection and shows we live in a simulation, if we live in a simulation than that means there has to be a real reality or a prime reality outside of this one.

How do you know what the 'true history' is, or what may be falsified? How do you tell which is which?

Jewish space lasers??

Yeah, you know, the ones they used to burn down Maui.

Jewish space lasers??

Hadn't heard that.
Hadn't heard that.
Yes. Jewish blue space lasers. The Q fellas were all over it.

Jewish space lasers??

Hadn't heard that.

OK, who hacked Hawkeyes account?
© 24hourcampfire