Yeah
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Never heard of them.
Really?
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Luv makin is a art in them gotta catch the waves🌊
Posted By: 1minute Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Yes. Once at the sister in laws place back before they were well baffled. They held 300+ gallons of water and often collapsed apartment floors. If anyone moved the surf was up. Never again.
Posted By: hanco Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Yep. Never liked them, ok for boom boom, but not sleeping
Posted By: ironbender Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by earlybrd
More motion in the ocean.
Posted By: funshooter Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Yes for 35 years
Open bag no flotation.
3 leaks in (1) and now I have (2) Sleep Number Beds

Loved the Waterbed.Hated the leaks.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yes. Once at the sister in laws place back before they were well baffled. They held 300+ gallons of water and often collapsed apartment floors. If anyone moved the surf was up. Never again.
More like 235 gallons for a king. I spent 30 plus years in firehouses and never had or heard of a waterbed collapsing through a floor. Not saying impossible but pretty unlikely.

And we had one in the 80s like a lot of people did.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
DON'T I repeat don't throw your bow with a full quiver of arrows on your waterbed...
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ever sleep on one?

Try some THC along with 'em & your young bride
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
There was a case years ago where a young man moved to a new place and was filling his water bed. I think it was the bag type with no baffles. He was lying on the floor reading while it filled and the bed frame collapsed. The bag rolled over on him and he suffocated. What a way to go - death by bed.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
The dogs liked ‘em. Slept on one for years, then all of a sudden they fell out of style.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I doubt if you could buy one today.
Posted By: stuvwxyz Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Slept on a number of them over the years. Once considered buying one but thinking about it, I have no doubt my wife's side would have frozen solid.
Posted By: rong Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Had one for years,enjoyed it wink
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
Slept on a number of them over the years. Once considered buying one but thinking about it, I have no doubt my wife's side would have frozen solid.
That reminds me, back in the early 80’s I was going to rent an old farmhouse. The previous renter was unreliable and kind of a flake, he just up and left.
The owner was showing it to me in the dead of winter and there was a waterbed that was a solid block of ice.
I didn’t rent the place, but in the spring my girlfriend and I came back to liberate the bed but it was all green inside!
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There was a case years ago where a young man moved to a new place and was filling his water bed. I think it was the bag type with no baffles. He was lying on the floor reading while it filled and the bed frame collapsed. The bag rolled over on him and he suffocated. What a way to go - death by bed.

When I was about 19-20 years old my buddy and I lived in a single wide trailer house. My cuzzin' got a good deal on it because it had a rusty frame and was deemed unsafe...

The rusty frame comes into play shortly...

Back then was a wild time and we had all kinds of parties. Anyway I had a queen size water bed setup in my bedroom that was on the far end of the trailer. One extra crazy night I was enjoying a threesome with a couple hotties when the frame of the trailer gave way and the waterbed, the hotties and I all hit the dirt.

Mice were running over us, some freaky spiders, busted water line. Went from heaven to hell in a couple seconds.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
#rezlife
Posted By: geedubya Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by SamOlson

When I was about 19-20 years old my buddy and I lived in a single wide trailer house. My cuzzin' got a good deal on it because it had a rusty frame and was deemed unsafe...

Back then was a wild time and we had all kinds of parties. Anyway I had a queen size water bed setup in my bedroom that was on the far end of the trailer. One extra crazy night I was enjoying a threesome with a couple hotties when the frame of the trailer gave way and the waterbed, the hotties and I all hit the dirt.

Mice were running over us, some freaky spiders, busted water line. Went from heaven to hell in a couple seconds.

Yup!

Ya!

GWB
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
How do you sleepe an not drowne
Posted By: bpas105 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I had a king-sized one in college - lofted above my study area. There were folks who wouldn't go under it even after it had been there for a year. After that, we had a queen-sized one for many years - both were full flotation and I wish my back would handle them today. You could turn the temp. down a couple degrees in the summer and back up in the winter for a good night's sleep in comfort.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Yep and the heater was great,and chicks dig it. Or they did many moons ago.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I sold lots of waterbeds. Had a waterbed store for a couple years. Made frames and furniture to match. Great mark up in water bags. Averaged 400% mark up! Waterbeds bring memories!
Posted By: dan_oz Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Had one for 30 years, and love it. The "mattress" and heating unit was replaced a few years ago, after the first had finally passed its use-by date. It is a waveless. Among the reasons I like it are that as bpas105 said you can have a warm bed in winter and turn it down in the summer. I also find it a lot easier to get a good night's sleep - much more comfortable.

Finally, they don't soak up body fluids and skin flakes or harbour mites and mould and such, which is particularly good for allergies and general hygiene.
Posted By: 700LTR Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Had a king size back in late 80’s-early 90’s. Tagged a bunch on it.😉
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Yep! Sold them for a few years also. Best sleep I ever had. Slept on a no motion bed with baffles for years until it finally ruptured. Warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Great invention! They were a real pain to move though.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24

Sam;

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Thanks so much for the laugh tonight my cyber friend, that's a grand tale, well told.

Someday if the stars align and we can share some stories across a table, face to face, remind me to tell you the waterbed story.

When I got out of the hospital from the car falling on me, as one can imagine I had some back issues, so I bought myself a waterbed as the heat felt good.

Anyways, we did have one for years even after we were married, but haven't for decades.

All the best and thanks again Sam!

Wonderful stuff.

Dwayne
Posted By: jc189 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I slept on waterbeds for probably 20 years. Some of the best sleep you can get if you have a good heater and set it up right. You can over fill them and make them to firm.
Posted By: Riverc Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
63 years old never owned or slept on one. Never even thought of buying one I like a mattress.
Originally Posted by bamagun01
Yep! Sold them for a few years also. Best sleep I ever had. Slept on a no motion bed with baffles for years until it finally ruptured. Warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Great invention! They were a real pain to move though.
I took apart and reassembled many back in the day installing flooring, i'd charge the chit out of them for me having to do it instead of them doing it.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I loved mine had it for 30 years, I liked that you could change the firmness by adding or subtracting water.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Had mine when I was 15-17, mine was on a seemingly big pedestal if that’s the correct name.

Anyway, had lots of storage and fancy dresser drawers or whatever under neath. Was able get rid of a chest of drawers and dresser space taker uppers.

The heater was great. Come in from deer hunting and lay on that warm bed.
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
66 and still sleep in one. Wife will not have anything else. Been sleeping in one since 1976.........
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24

Yeah.

Greyghost hammering you and making white caps.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I had a king size water bed at one time many years ago the greatest thing was turning the heater on in the winter and a nice warm bed.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
If you had a notion for ocean motion. Wabbi if you pound the shiit out of your wife for a minute you could quit and take a nap and she wouldn’t know the difference.
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by Mike_S
More like 235 gallons for a king. I spent 30 plus years in firehouses and never had or heard of a waterbed collapsing through a floor. Not saying impossible but pretty unlikely.

That's 2,000 lbs. That's like driving a car on a bedroom floor. Might work. Might not.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
Had mine when I was 15-17, mine was on a seemingly big pedestal if that’s the correct name.

Anyway, had lots of storage and fancy dresser drawers or whatever under neath. Was able get rid of a chest of drawers and dresser space taker uppers.

The heater was great. Come in from deer hunting and lay on that warm bed.
I had one like that on a pedestal six drawers on each side and a tunnel through the middle lengthwise. The headboard had a nice mirror in the middle and made for some interesting times back when I didn’t have a tv and just got back from pheasant hunting. 😉
Posted By: ironbender Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I doubt if you could buy one today.
Sure you can. Post some pics of your googler screen.
Posted By: Cecil56 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Never had so many back aches in my life, till I got a water bed in the 1980's. Never again!
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Whenever I would visit my aunt I would sleep in their spare room which had a one.. I don’t have the best sleep but I would wake up feeling great after a night on that waterbed
Posted By: jc189 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
We even had them in the bunk room at the fire station where I worked until the mid to late 90's.
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by Mike_S

That's 2,000 lbs. That's like driving a car on a bedroom floor. Might work. Might not.

That's like having 10 people in the room. If the floor can't handle that, you need to live somewhere else.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
This girl I knew had one. I think they put seawater in it because it smelled kinda like fish.
Posted By: Teal Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I've seen a few. Spent about 8 minutes on one in the 90's.

The headboard storage shelves were always neat I guess. Places to put those Iron Maiden and Motley Crue mirrors you'd win at the county fair.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I hit the dirt.
Dear Penthouse

Mice were running over us, some freaky spiders, busted water line. Went from heaven to hell in a couple seconds

P.S. Well, it wasn’t all dirt

as I realized my Johnson had gone for the shocker during launch
So I had THAT going for me.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Dwayne and Wages, oh what a night it was... After the frame collapsed and we had all brushed ourselves off the girls wanted to go fishing. I was on the northeast Montana Pike circuit that summer and had a few close hotspots nearby. Needless to say the girls struggled reeling in any pike over 70lbs and said they'd much rather land a hammer handle...

TRUTH be known I did actually have a water bed(that I got from my roommates parents) and did live in a nice little trailer house for a couple years but only had one girlfriend at a time and luckily the frame held strong!

Thinking back that bed was colder than hell in the winter time and I wonder if we forgot to install the heater on maybe it didn't work? Only used the bed for about a year and can't remember.
Posted By: SenderoMan Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Had one in college back in the 80's. Moved to a different apartment and had filled it that day.
That night, it felt a little cool, but not bad, so I went to sleep.
Woke up in the middle of the night and I swear my body temperature was 80 degrees! Lol
Slept on the couch the rest of the night and waited for the heater to warm that water to a suitable temperature.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Water bed??

Damn! Must be a teenager!!

Haven't been around but 50 years!!
Posted By: Bob_mt Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by ironbender

hasn't LBP been saying this for some time?...bob
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
First wife had a cheap one when we got married. I hated it. Made me hurt from sleeping on it.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I had 3 buddies that lived in an old two story while they were in college. One weekend when one of them was not there the other two had a huge party. I was not feeling well but went anyway. As the night went on, I was feeling worse and worse. Uncontrollable freezing shakes etc. I went upstairs to my buddies room (who was not there) and crawled in to his heated water bed just to try to warm up.

I woke up 16 hours later feeling like a million bucks. Nobody had any idea I was still there. haha
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Sam;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I'm guessing you all are on full time calving patrol now and are surviving on coffee and chair naps like most ranchers.

Well thanks for the laugh regardless Sam, it made me chuckle on a night when I needed one.

Seriously though I do have a water bed story but it's not the "Dear Penthouse" sort, more like what might see on the "Banana Ballistics" channel.....

To be clear it wasn't me, I was not present and if any water bed was shot anywhere in Canada it would be 4 decades back - if it did ever happen. grin

Best to you and the rest of the sleep deprivation crew who are spring calving Sam.

Dwayne
A fraternity brother had one and his room was always full of folks. John, an overweight, and quite intoxicated religion major, was on it rocking to Rush one night, got the waves going just so, and blew the end of the mattress out. Everyone fled for the night, ignoring the open window on a very cold night. Next day, there was ice everywhere. Luckily, the room was on a slab and the water was generally contained to his room and the hall. Poor Dave had a lot of cleanup for a few days.

Another brother had a habit of entertaining nice young ladies on his, but soon got a reputation for developing leaks at inopportune times. If I remember correctly, we helped him and his girls with 3 mattress failures. I imagine he still goes by TB - Thunder Balls.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I was on the northeast Montana Pike circuit that summer.

Laffin’ even harder
.(no pun intended)

Thanks Brosef.

Lead on.

Slave
Posted By: tzone Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
I didn’t rent the place, but in the spring my girlfriend and I came back to liberate the bed but it was all green inside!

Huh...usually it's pink. Hopefully, she got that cleared up.
Posted By: minengr Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by ldholton
I had a king size water bed at one time many years ago the greatest thing was turning the heater on in the winter and a nice warm bed.

Same.
Posted By: jameister Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
never forget when Lloyd, a very large fellow, entertained barb, a small cute with big beautiful eyes..

well Barb liked to wear heels...

and the aftermath was a shredded waterbed with poor Lloyd running around wearing his "unfinished business" and Barb still in only her heels laughing so hard it was a beautiful sight...

Legends are made one night at a time.
Originally Posted by tzone

lmao
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
I haven't slept on one in years. The hot and cool Temps were nice. The mattress acrobatics were better. But boy, were they a pain in the ass if you moved.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Water beds? - 03/07/24
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by tzone

lmao

laugh
Posted By: carrollco Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24
Had some trashy trailer park type folks in our rural community. They let their son and his girlfriend move in a single wide trailer on their already crowded acre lot. The aforementioned trailer extended out over a deep gully . This meant the master bedroom also hung out over a deep gully. They had the mobile home company hook up utilities, level it, to make it liveable. They decided to put a king size waterbed in the Master Bedroom to ensure maximum marital bliss and began filling it up. Can you see where this is headed? Water weighs over 7 lbs per gallon and times 250 gallon capacity water bed = disaster. Yep the water bed filled up and all the extra weight suspended over a deep gully
. caused tie down straps to snap allowing the trailer to rear up, causing the water bed to slam against the back wall, causing it to burst open, dumping water bed, trailer and all to wind up in the the deep gully. Folks around here still talk about that dumb so and so and what he did. He had no insurance on it and it was destroyed. Mobile house company sued when he quit making payments and they couldn’t repo it. Total loss. Never knew the final outcome.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24
They actually have them on Amazon. Big Jim should get one for the luv cave.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24
My dad's retail store sold water beds back in the 80s. I was putting those things together at age 12. I remember when I was about 15 one of the hottest senior girls at our high school bought one and I delivered it to her house and set it up. My imagination was running wild the whole time.

Bb
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by wageslave
I was on the northeast Montana Pike circuit that summer.

Laffin’ even harder
.(no pun intended)

Thanks Brosef.

Lead on.

Slave
That was well thought out. 👍
Posted By: moosemike Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24

Sex sucked in them. You couldn't get a decent thrust going
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by moosemike

Ain’t no bounce back 😃 gotta slow roll it time the currents
Posted By: callnum Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24

Nooooo, not with fuggly!
Originally Posted by callnum

Nooooo, not with fuggly!
You dumfuk my wife could drown ur phaagut ass in our bathroom sink LOL
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24
I haven’t seen LBP on this thread unless I missed it. You have to wonder what kind of waves he has produced.
Posted By: callnum Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24

Nooooo, not with fuggly!

Single wides don’t have bathroom sinks

LOL

Nooooo, not with fuggly!

Single wides don’t have bathroom sinks

LOL
You should know #livingwithlloyd đŸ€Ș
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24
Look whose getting all uppity and talking chit about living in a trailer. Who cares where someone lives other than a bitch.

Fuuck off.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24
Only been on a waterbed once. They weren’t a thing anymore when I was a teen. I was drunk and half sick and the motions of that thing gave me the spins which put me over the edge.
Posted By: LBP Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

hasn't LBP been saying this for some time?...bob
Exactly, and a big girl just has more motion!
Posted By: LBP Re: Water beds? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by Nestucca
I haven’t seen LBP on this thread unless I missed it. You have to wonder what kind of waves he has produced.
Cat 5 hurricanes don’t make waves like me and a big girl! 😁
© 24hourcampfire