Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I doubt if you could buy one today.
Sure you can. Post some pics of your googler screen.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Never had so many back aches in my life, till I got a water bed in the 1980's. Never again!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Whenever I would visit my aunt I would sleep in their spare room which had a one.. I don’t have the best sleep but I would wake up feeling great after a night on that waterbed

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We even had them in the bunk room at the fire station where I worked until the mid to late 90's.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yes. Once at the sister in laws place back before they were well baffled. They held 300+ gallons of water and often collapsed apartment floors. If anyone moved the surf was up. Never again.
More like 235 gallons for a king. I spent 30 plus years in firehouses and never had or heard of a waterbed collapsing through a floor. Not saying impossible but pretty unlikely.

And we had one in the 80s like a lot of people did.

That's 2,000 lbs. That's like driving a car on a bedroom floor. Might work. Might not.

That's like having 10 people in the room. If the floor can't handle that, you need to live somewhere else.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This girl I knew had one. I think they put seawater in it because it smelled kinda like fish.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've seen a few. Spent about 8 minutes on one in the 90's.

The headboard storage shelves were always neat I guess. Places to put those Iron Maiden and Motley Crue mirrors you'd win at the county fair.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I hit the dirt.
Dear Penthouse….

When I was about 19-20 years old my buddy and I lived in a single wide trailer house. My cuzzin' got a good deal on it because it had a rusty frame and was deemed unsafe...

The rusty frame comes into play shortly...

Back then was a wild time and we had all kinds of parties. Anyway I had a queen size water bed setup in my bedroom that was on the far end of the trailer. One extra crazy night I was enjoying a threesome with a couple hotties when the frame of the trailer gave way and the waterbed, the hotties and I all hit the dirt.

Mice were running over us, some freaky spiders, busted water line. Went from heaven to hell in a couple seconds…..

P.S. Well, it wasn’t all dirt……as I realized my Johnson had gone for the shocker during launch….
So I had THAT going for me.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dwayne and Wages, oh what a night it was... After the frame collapsed and we had all brushed ourselves off the girls wanted to go fishing. I was on the northeast Montana Pike circuit that summer and had a few close hotspots nearby. Needless to say the girls struggled reeling in any pike over 70lbs and said they'd much rather land a hammer handle...

TRUTH be known I did actually have a water bed(that I got from my roommates parents) and did live in a nice little trailer house for a couple years but only had one girlfriend at a time and luckily the frame held strong!

Thinking back that bed was colder than hell in the winter time and I wonder if we forgot to install the heater on maybe it didn't work? Only used the bed for about a year and can't remember.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had one in college back in the 80's. Moved to a different apartment and had filled it that day.
That night, it felt a little cool, but not bad, so I went to sleep.
Woke up in the middle of the night and I swear my body temperature was 80 degrees! Lol
Slept on the couch the rest of the night and waited for the heater to warm that water to a suitable temperature.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Water bed??

Damn! Must be a teenager!!

Haven't been around but 50 years!!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 03/07/24.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Luv makin is a art in them gotta catch the waves🌊
More motion in the ocean.

hasn't LBP been saying this for some time?...bob

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
First wife had a cheap one when we got married. I hated it. Made me hurt from sleeping on it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I had 3 buddies that lived in an old two story while they were in college. One weekend when one of them was not there the other two had a huge party. I was not feeling well but went anyway. As the night went on, I was feeling worse and worse. Uncontrollable freezing shakes etc. I went upstairs to my buddies room (who was not there) and crawled in to his heated water bed just to try to warm up.

I woke up 16 hours later feeling like a million bucks. Nobody had any idea I was still there. haha

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sam;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I'm guessing you all are on full time calving patrol now and are surviving on coffee and chair naps like most ranchers.

Well thanks for the laugh regardless Sam, it made me chuckle on a night when I needed one.

Seriously though I do have a water bed story but it's not the "Dear Penthouse" sort, more like what might see on the "Banana Ballistics" channel.....

To be clear it wasn't me, I was not present and if any water bed was shot anywhere in Canada it would be 4 decades back - if it did ever happen. grin

Best to you and the rest of the sleep deprivation crew who are spring calving Sam.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
A fraternity brother had one and his room was always full of folks. John, an overweight, and quite intoxicated religion major, was on it rocking to Rush one night, got the waves going just so, and blew the end of the mattress out. Everyone fled for the night, ignoring the open window on a very cold night. Next day, there was ice everywhere. Luckily, the room was on a slab and the water was generally contained to his room and the hall. Poor Dave had a lot of cleanup for a few days.

Another brother had a habit of entertaining nice young ladies on his, but soon got a reputation for developing leaks at inopportune times. If I remember correctly, we helped him and his girls with 3 mattress failures. I imagine he still goes by TB - Thunder Balls.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I was on the northeast Montana Pike circuit that summer.

Laffin’ even harder….(no pun intended)

Thanks Brosef.

Lead on.

Slave

Have Dog

Will Travel

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
I didn’t rent the place, but in the spring my girlfriend and I came back to liberate the bed but it was all green inside!

Huh...usually it's pink. Hopefully, she got that cleared up.

Last edited by tzone; 03/07/24.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ldholton
I had a king size water bed at one time many years ago the greatest thing was turning the heater on in the winter and a nice warm bed.

Same.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
never forget when Lloyd, a very large fellow, entertained barb, a small cute with big beautiful eyes..

well Barb liked to wear heels...

and the aftermath was a shredded waterbed with poor Lloyd running around wearing his "unfinished business" and Barb still in only her heels laughing so hard it was a beautiful sight...

Legends are made one night at a time.

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

404 members (10ring1, 160user, 1lesfox, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 36 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,760
Posts18,476,500
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.