Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There was a case years ago where a young man moved to a new place and was filling his water bed. I think it was the bag type with no baffles. He was lying on the floor reading while it filled and the bed frame collapsed. The bag rolled over on him and he suffocated. What a way to go - death by bed.

When I was about 19-20 years old my buddy and I lived in a single wide trailer house. My cuzzin' got a good deal on it because it had a rusty frame and was deemed unsafe...

The rusty frame comes into play shortly...

Back then was a wild time and we had all kinds of parties. Anyway I had a queen size water bed setup in my bedroom that was on the far end of the trailer. One extra crazy night I was enjoying a threesome with a couple hotties when the frame of the trailer gave way and the waterbed, the hotties and I all hit the dirt.

Mice were running over us, some freaky spiders, busted water line. Went from heaven to hell in a couple seconds.

Yup!

Ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How do you sleepe an not drowne

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had a king-sized one in college - lofted above my study area. There were folks who wouldn't go under it even after it had been there for a year. After that, we had a queen-sized one for many years - both were full flotation and I wish my back would handle them today. You could turn the temp. down a couple degrees in the summer and back up in the winter for a good night's sleep in comfort.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yep and the heater was great,and chicks dig it. Or they did many moons ago.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I sold lots of waterbeds. Had a waterbed store for a couple years. Made frames and furniture to match. Great mark up in water bags. Averaged 400% mark up! Waterbeds bring memories!

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Had one for 30 years, and love it. The "mattress" and heating unit was replaced a few years ago, after the first had finally passed its use-by date. It is a waveless. Among the reasons I like it are that as bpas105 said you can have a warm bed in winter and turn it down in the summer. I also find it a lot easier to get a good night's sleep - much more comfortable.

Finally, they don't soak up body fluids and skin flakes or harbour mites and mould and such, which is particularly good for allergies and general hygiene.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had a king size back in late 80’s-early 90’s. Tagged a bunch on it.😉

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep! Sold them for a few years also. Best sleep I ever had. Slept on a no motion bed with baffles for years until it finally ruptured. Warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Great invention! They were a real pain to move though.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There was a case years ago where a young man moved to a new place and was filling his water bed. I think it was the bag type with no baffles. He was lying on the floor reading while it filled and the bed frame collapsed. The bag rolled over on him and he suffocated. What a way to go - death by bed.

When I was about 19-20 years old my buddy and I lived in a single wide trailer house. My cuzzin' got a good deal on it because it had a rusty frame and was deemed unsafe...

The rusty frame comes into play shortly...

Back then was a wild time and we had all kinds of parties. Anyway I had a queen size water bed setup in my bedroom that was on the far end of the trailer. One extra crazy night I was enjoying a threesome with a couple hotties when the frame of the trailer gave way and the waterbed, the hotties and I all hit the dirt.

Mice were running over us, some freaky spiders, busted water line. Went from heaven to hell in a couple seconds.

Sam;

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Thanks so much for the laugh tonight my cyber friend, that's a grand tale, well told.

Someday if the stars align and we can share some stories across a table, face to face, remind me to tell you the waterbed story.

When I got out of the hospital from the car falling on me, as one can imagine I had some back issues, so I bought myself a waterbed as the heat felt good.

Anyways, we did have one for years even after we were married, but haven't for decades.

All the best and thanks again Sam!

Wonderful stuff.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I slept on waterbeds for probably 20 years. Some of the best sleep you can get if you have a good heater and set it up right. You can over fill them and make them to firm.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
63 years old never owned or slept on one. Never even thought of buying one I like a mattress.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bamagun01
Yep! Sold them for a few years also. Best sleep I ever had. Slept on a no motion bed with baffles for years until it finally ruptured. Warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Great invention! They were a real pain to move though.
I took apart and reassembled many back in the day installing flooring, i'd charge the chit out of them for me having to do it instead of them doing it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I loved mine had it for 30 years, I liked that you could change the firmness by adding or subtracting water.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had mine when I was 15-17, mine was on a seemingly big pedestal if that’s the correct name.

Anyway, had lots of storage and fancy dresser drawers or whatever under neath. Was able get rid of a chest of drawers and dresser space taker uppers.

The heater was great. Come in from deer hunting and lay on that warm bed.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
66 and still sleep in one. Wife will not have anything else. Been sleeping in one since 1976.........

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Luv makin is a art in them gotta catch the waves🌊

Yeah.

Greyghost hammering you and making white caps.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I had a king size water bed at one time many years ago the greatest thing was turning the heater on in the winter and a nice warm bed.

Last edited by ldholton; 03/06/24.
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
If you had a notion for ocean motion. Wabbi if you pound the shiit out of your wife for a minute you could quit and take a nap and she wouldn’t know the difference.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yes. Once at the sister in laws place back before they were well baffled. They held 300+ gallons of water and often collapsed apartment floors. If anyone moved the surf was up. Never again.
More like 235 gallons for a king. I spent 30 plus years in firehouses and never had or heard of a waterbed collapsing through a floor. Not saying impossible but pretty unlikely.

And we had one in the 80s like a lot of people did.

That's 2,000 lbs. That's like driving a car on a bedroom floor. Might work. Might not.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by slumlord
Had mine when I was 15-17, mine was on a seemingly big pedestal if that’s the correct name.

Anyway, had lots of storage and fancy dresser drawers or whatever under neath. Was able get rid of a chest of drawers and dresser space taker uppers.

The heater was great. Come in from deer hunting and lay on that warm bed.
I had one like that on a pedestal six drawers on each side and a tunnel through the middle lengthwise. The headboard had a nice mirror in the middle and made for some interesting times back when I didn’t have a tv and just got back from pheasant hunting. 😉

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.