Home
Sarah is trying to take down a young caribou, and before TLC cut to commercial, she�d put 4 shots somewhere�besides the caribou.
Musta' been rifle trouble...she grabbed another rifle and put him down in 1 shot.
Took a Savage 110 to do the job
Scopes was outta focus..
Was it a Winchester? That would explain it.
prolly didn't have the trick moves installed
Bad batch of ammo.
Wife watches that show. Palin took a bunch of shots with her dad's rifle. Scope was out of adjustment, luckily she didn't blow a leg off the caribou.
well that would have been easy to edit out of the show if they wanted...... just sayin'...
I've bt/dt with a rifle that had been knocked off of zero..
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Looked like a pretty beat-up, early post-64 Model 70.
Killing isn't always pretty in real life. Sounds like she got it sorted out.
Amen brother. I've had a few goat roping experiences but they ended well.
Originally Posted by kid0917
well that would have been easy to edit out of the show if they wanted...... just sayin'...

Yeah, who knows.

Looked pretty lame either way. Her old dad shoulda at least sighted the rifle in before going on a TV hunt.

Originally Posted by Calvin

[bleep] Leupy's..
One thing is for sure, it wasn't a Greybull.

Nail
A couple of renowned old-time gun writers loved to play this trick on Elmer �

After he'd sighted-in his rifle, one would take him aside and keep him distracted while the other messed-up his 'scope.

Then they hooted and jeered when he didn't hit anything with his first shot.
TFF!
Originally Posted by Nail
One thing is for sure, it wasn't a Greybull.

Nail

Probably a Kimber with a Simmons.
Luckily the back up savage had one of those cool butt stock ammo carriers. The harmonics of the extra wieght from the extra bullets made all the difference.
Probably wanted to cover the Jolly Roger...
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Her old dad shoulda at least sighted the rifle in before going on a TV hunt.

Agreed... missed a basic step , there.
Looked like one of the new redfields on the backup.
Rumor has it the rifle took a bounce and the scope got knocked outta whack.

Looks like they did a nice job quartering the 'bou, one shot with the ol' Savage!
As scope mounts go, Charlie O'Neil's was one of the best �

but

Iver Henriksen put one on his favorite elk rifle, then packed-in to the South Fork of the Flathead (some years before there was any road there).

The first day after he arrived in camp, he discovered that the dot in his reticle was hanging loose on a broken spider web "like a [bleep] cherry on a twig."

Charlie's mount wasn't easily detachable � a fairly major shop operation.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Rumor has it the rifle took a bounce and the scope got knocked outta whack.

clearly a scope in need of more springs..
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
A couple of renowned old-time gun writers loved to play this trick on Elmer �

After he'd sighted-in his rifle, one would take him aside and keep him distracted while the other messed-up his 'scope.

Then they hooted and jeered when he didn't hit anything with his first shot.

A friend had quite the rodeo opening day of deer season after shooting one in the leg and a lot of follow up shots. Someone else ended it with a shot between the eyes.
A zero check showed the rifle was way off despite him checking just a few days prior.
He thinks he PO'd one of his stepsons,12 and 14 and born killers, and they screwed with his scope. He talked to them. They didn't come clean. He left at we will pretend this didn't happen and it better not again.
I held my tongue but still want to ring their neck.
Amen brother. I've had a few goat roping experiences but they ended well.

Had a few myself. Came away knowing a critters evasion tactics a bit better though.
Maybe the four missed shots had something to do with Palin's dad (wearing a backpack) falling on the rifle while trying to get down a steep river bank. Using the rifle as a walking staff on the tundra couldn't be conducive to fine accuracy either. I'm wondering why it took so long to go to the other rifle......

But, in the end, meat in the freezer.

RS
I could not find it on youtube.

I found a part but no shooting. Looks like a beat up rifle.
That's what happens when you shoot 270 rounds out of an '06 barrel. smile
It sure wasn�t the best or slickest hunting video I have ever watched-it may have been the dumbest caribou ever shot-for an animal not noted for its brain power anyway�

But there was something about the whole show�something honest-in your face-this is the real world your watching here-not slick-just meat on the ground�

And doing it with your 72 year old Dad�
Next week she takes that Goslin and her 8 kids camping, should be real good. That Goslin chick needs to fall out of the plane.
Sharps made the West....safe for Winchester!!

Oh boy, this is going to piss off the women in "The View".

It was a Kimber Montana. She was squeezing it too hard.
She's always at her coolest pissing off hippies.

So have I. It happens.

L.W.
MANY folks shooting game lose it after a miss... She played it cool and she has probably been there before.

She has her faults, for sure, but she did well in the video.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I've bt/dt with a rifle that had been knocked off of zero.

So have I. It happens.

Especially with variables.

Anything that's intended to move easily when you want it to is free to move easily when you don't want it to.
Probably was knock off at some point......however,

When growing up my father mother and three brothers always tried to sight in their own rife each year the weekend before the opener.....even if the rifles had been sighted in before and not used. Wanted to make sure everything was right before the season started. Some years life would intrude and some couldn't make it to the range for that pre-weekend shooting. When that happened my father or I would shoot their rifle a few rounds to check zero and correct any problems.....all except my second brother's.

Don't know if it was the way he held the rifle when shooting or the fact that he wore glasses thick as coke bottle bottoms (20/200 vision uncorrected), but for some reson no one else could sight in his rifle except him. If my father or I shot anyone else's rifle it would hit within 1/2" of where it did when they fired it at 100 yards. Maybe not "perfect" but close enough to know the sights were still OK.

When we fired my brother's rifle the bullets would hit some 4" low and 4" to the side....AT 25 YARDS!!! If he couldn't be there to shoot, we quickly learned to assume it was still sighted in and not make adjustments because if we DID adjust it....it damn sure would be off then (for him).

If Sarah was shooting someone else's rifle this could have played a part in the zero problems. I do like the idea that the show doesn't always appear "perfect" but also shows the problems that happen sometimes in real life.

I'd much rather see a few embarassing moments and "warts" than to try to believe that no one EVER makes a mistake in the field, and ALWAYS kills a record-book anumal. A lot of other outdoors shows could learn from watching this on in that respect.

She would have been well served with a straight 6x

She shot a smallish cow. That's an eatin' critter
I like how she downed it with one shot from the savage

She needs some practice with the other rifle though
If I had to guess, it'd be someone on the set messed with her scope with promises of wealth to make her look stupid.
When Chuck was getting his guns together for the hunt he said he took the "varmint rifle" for Sarah, it was the model 70 she missed with. Any idea what caliber she was shooting? There didn't seem to be any recoil when Sarah or Chuck shot the rifle.
nada to hang head over on shooting a rifle that's had it's scope knocked off zero.

only criticism I have of the gig, is she seemed a mite early to have finger inside of the trigger guard for my liking, specially having been told "safety's off, it's ready to go"

but in fairness, as much as I try and practice good gun handling techniques I'm sure if I was videoed during an entire hunt, I could catch myself doing something I don't aspire to.
I just watched it, and that was pretty cool. Her dad is still giving her a hand, even though she's grown. I'm sure that will tear the liberals up.

I bet the producers of that show knocked that messed with the scope to make it more dramatic.
That footage has in just a few minutes undergone more nit-picking here than the Zapruder film!
That's funny
kudos to TLC for not editing the kill

I hope every American watches this show
to make their mind up, one way or the other on Sarah.
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Maybe the four missed shots had something to do with Palin's dad (wearing a backpack) falling on the rifle while trying to get down a steep river bank. Using the rifle as a walking staff on the tundra couldn't be conducive to fine accuracy either. I'm wondering why it took so long to go to the other rifle......

But, in the end, meat in the freezer.

RS

Agreed. Her Pops took a pretty good tumble down a cut bank and appeared to land right on the rifle. When he righted himself he proceeded to use the rifle as a walking stick to descend the rest of the bank.

Of course it's possible that her Pop just assumed the gun was still zeroed when he pulled it from the gun cabinet and didn't fire it before hauling it North a thousand miles to hunt with it.
I just watched it, and that was pretty cool. Her dad is still giving her a hand, even though she's grown. I'm sure that will tear the liberals up.

I bet the producers of that show knocked that messed with the scope to make it more dramatic.

I tried shooting my grandsons deer rifle and shot 12 inches hi at 50 yds.

you can't sight in a rifle for anyone else to shoot and expect much. they must try it before going hunting. grin
In-laws drove in from Oklahoma and the kids came over to visit, we watched the show and all agreed that Sarah is about as down home, girl next door as one can get.....this show is helping her greatly.

And you KNOW she's driving the leftists mad!
i want her to have my baby !!

Originally Posted by Stan V
� And you KNOW she's driving the leftists mad!

Not to mention a bunch here who aren't all that far to the Left.

Is there anyone who's neutral or moderate about Mrs Palin?

Had same this past Jan.... wife was on me for bad shooting, but after the 3rd shot I told her the rifle has to be about close to 10 inches left for some reason....

Shot it on target... 8 inches left.

Stuff happens.

Had it many years ago... gut shot a cull buck.... second shot, guts again while my wife is spotting... so third I hold OFF the deer the correct direction and dump him.... that was a SOB at our ranch guiding that was pissed off at me and moved my scope but I digress
Chuck Heath appears to be a quintessential hunter but not a rifle loony.

I wonder whether he handloads or knows all that much about rifles and what we here would consider the basic points of their care and feeding.

So have I. It happens.

L.W.

That makes three of us. Also why I mostly hunted close cover with open sights afterward.

So have I. It happens.

L.W.

I think anyone who's done any hunting with a scoped rifle has had this happen. In cases like this, I'm glad when it results in clean misses rather than dirty wounds!

Coulda been gut-shots. Wouldn't that have been fun?
In my experience, the majority of hunters are just that. They'll shoot a few rounds at the range (many at only one distance), and then proceed to kill more game than you can imagine.

Most don't know the difference (nor do they care)'bout feed-type. Bedded actions, free floated barrels, or trigger pull probably means nothing to 'em. Twist rates, and even bullet construction often get little attention either.

They spend their time chasing game, learning it's habbits, and areas. When they locate their quarry, they don't care if the rifle is short, or long action. Wood, or synthetic matters little. Factory ammunition is the norm (and many don't have a notion 'bout velocity, or bullet construction). What most hunters want, is a dead animal, and the only way to achieve that is to spend their time hunting - not on riflery.

Most of the folks I've hunted with fit the above description (at first glance, so do the folks in the video). I've not had the chance to hunt with a 'fire member (yet), but hunting with the average poster here would be a unique experience from my perspective - hunters, who are riflemen.

Color me not impressed.

If I tried to work the bolt on my daughter's rifle, she would kill me with a look.. And being handed a hot rifle? Where the hell does your finger go? My 8 year old knows better than that...

The "don't" list was pretty long from my point of view.
I'm guessing that when Sarah's dad was a younger man he could really cover some ground. That was an impressive performance. I doubt I would have even the desire to make that trip at age 72. It took him 2 shots too long to figure the gun was off. That is ok. It can't be easy to hunt with a camera crew looking over your shoulder. I know the extra pressure would likely affect my thinking a little. In all, I think it was a good show.
LMAO at those that want to find fault with a person who's work schedule doesn't allow for hours at the range prior to a hunt and puts her trust in dad.

GMAFB

Some of you wish you had a relationship like theirs.
It was mentioned just after the 3rd miss that she needed to switch rifles but she fired again before finally switching. Sarah didn't seem to have too much shooting experience, based on Dad reaching over and working the bolt. When they got back to camp, the shot the rifle and proved the scope was off.

Slightly different subject. At the grocery store last night, every copy of "Going Rogue" was turned backwards on the shelf, and it made me wonder what the feminists feel about Sarah. She's just the woman they want all women to be, except she's a conservative. This has to just drive them nuts.
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
It was mentioned just after the 3rd miss that she needed to switch rifles but she fired again before finally switching. Sarah didn't seem to have too much shooting experience, based on Dad reaching over and working the bolt. When they got back to camp, the shot the rifle and proved the scope was off.

Slightly different subject. At the grocery store last night, every copy of "Going Rogue" was turned backwards on the shelf, and it made me wonder what the feminists feel about Sarah. She's just the woman they want all women to be, except she's a conservative. This has to just drive them nuts.

I imagine those 2 gals at the first camp are typical feminists....rough!

We all have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless we're not man enough to admit it!!!!!!!!!!!
The thing that gets to me about the the folks in the northern areas:

Is the distances involved, the environmental changes and concerns, and not being able to see & visit in person friends, family, and neighbors for months at a time.

Those northern folks have got to be some really squared away and down to Earth folks!

I can understand the communication via internet or other media and it must some relief for better than nothing, but it will never replace face to face and a hug with the family members.

Worseorerstill, it was a push feed with impressed checkering. I thought those were so hated, that they were all melted down for scrap?

JW
Know of two guys who still have the Mattel Shootin' Toy version of the Model 70, both '06, 1965 production. If they were mine, believe they would have a permanent home. Both these rifles even uglier than when they were born too, if that is possible. They've stood the test, and made meat again this year also.

Pretty sure they won't get melted down for awhile yet! Rifles both rather successfully tons heavy on field performance testing. Hundred pounds there, 500# or more here, adds up over the years for what a rifle is for.

smile
She's a keeper.

Chuck Heath appears to be a quintessential hunter but not a rifle loony.

I wonder whether he handloads or knows all that much about rifles and what we here would consider the basic points of their care and feeding.

And he seems not to realize fully that despite her proven abilities and accomplishments, his Little Girl hasn't been a child for a long time.

What father of an adult daughter can fault him harshly for that very special myopia?
I�m a year older than Chuck Heath and I really appreciate your words.
I'm 12 years younger, and I appreciate them, too. Heck, I was 47 years old when my Dad passed on, and the day he died, he was still my Dad, and I was still his little boy - even at 260 pounds. wink
'Betcha Sarah doesn't wear quite as much makeup on hunts when the cameras aren't there. I like her though. She reminds me of my wife. If no one else in camp kills a deer, my bride will, and the last one she killed was with the pre-64 Model 70 I inherited. She'd never even held the rifle before, and she popped a 6 point Texas white tail as he was running across her field of vision at about 50 yards. If no one else is catching fish, she's haulin' in lunkers out of Toledo Bend.
Last week she's clubbing Halibut and then holding their still beating heart in her hand (as well as her daughter) and this weeks she's shooting young cow caribou and butchering them on the spot. You just KNOW that many a liberal's head has exploded. That alone make the show a HUGE success.

She bet her dad $5 the scope was off. She was proven right when he couldn't hit the plate either. Stuff happens and though I may have edited it out since it's not really a 'hunting show' I guess no harm in showing it like it is.

No, she doesn't come across as the greatest outdoorswoman to ever walk the tundra but she DOES come across as someone that "gets it" and isn't afraid to defend it. That alone is worth a TON in today's world.

As far as her dad (and her) kudos to BOTH of them. I wish mine was still here to hunt with. frown
Gun + scope was probably dropped or bumped, and scope got knocked off kilter. Been there done that, After a buffalo hunt, thank God. The guide put my marlin 45-70 in his truck, then opened the passenger side door of his truck for me...the rifle fell out of the passenger side of the truck. Either he was really stupid, or he didn't like girls who did one shot kills on buffalo with 45-70's. I tipped him anyways. Yeah the scope was junk after that.
It seems to be more of an"Overhaulin'" show than the Boyd Coddington or OCC show.
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Last week she's clubbing Halibut and then holding their still beating heart in her hand (as well as her daughter) and this weeks she's shooting young cow caribou and butchering them on the spot. You just KNOW that many a liberal's head has exploded. That alone make the show a HUGE success.

She bet her dad $5 the scope was off. She was proven right when he couldn't hit the plate either. Stuff happens and though I may have edited it out since it's not really a 'hunting show' I guess no harm in showing it like it is.

No, she doesn't come across as the greatest outdoorswoman to ever walk the tundra but she DOES come across as someone that "gets it" and isn't afraid to defend it. That alone is worth a TON in today's world.

As far as her dad (and her) kudos to BOTH of them. I wish mine was still here to hunt with. frown

More good words-wish my Dad was still here to go huntin� again�not too sure how that would work out�next January he would be 100 years old�
[bleep] Happens!!!!

Three years ago on an Elk Hunt I came out of the woods looked down and the top turret was missing on the Scope on my '06 and I didn't take any fall, drop or hit anything with the rifle while in the woods.

That's why I take a backup rifle on any hunt away from home as it doesn't do you any good to have something like that to happen when your over a hundred miles from home.

Sarah's dad took a nasty fall just before they came up on the young cow and that could have thrown the Scope out of zero. For that reason I have to give him the benefit of the doubt on whether the rifle was sighted in or not.

I only wish my daughter lived closer so that we could hunt together as I would enjoy that very much.
Just the family aspect of that segment is enough to send liberals in to a tailspin.

What network is this program on?
Originally Posted by Stan V
� And you KNOW she's driving the leftists mad!

Not to mention a bunch here who aren't all that far to the Left.

Is there anyone who's neutral or moderate about Mrs Palin?

Love her or hate her, she shares that trait with Reagan. There is no gray area whatsoever.

And she shares Reagan's love of America.
If she was any kind of woman at all, she would have whipped out the bolt, bore sighted quickly and gently, stuck it back in, then got back on target for the climatic shot.

On the other hand, probably she had very little to do with it all, and her producer handlers planned everything. Anyone who thinks Anything in the videos happened by chance is a naive rube.

just sayin' It's All scripted folks.

Pretty impressed with her and her family. I thought she could have worked the bolt herself but,what the hey, you can't have everything.

Ernie
Sarah is having a picnic with all this....she loves rubbing liberal noses in it.....she harvested a caribou on the edge of ANWR..... or as the tree huggers call it: "that huge pristine forest".......lotsa trees there!

The Kavik airstrip was built by oil companies about 1969 after discovery of Prudhoe.....there is a large anticline there that contains lotsa gas and no oil. The "buildings" there are cars from a cat train that was used to house seismic crews.

Next week Sarah takes Kate + 8 out camping.....after visiting a local gunshop and taking a bear deterrence class....

I hope this pisses off the Bambi Syndrome folks to the point that they cancel their planned Alaskan vacation.
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

We all have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless we're not man enough to admit it!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a new son-in-law that I turned into a pheasant loony this fall. He had never hunted anything before and the sum of his experience with a firearm was shooting a cattail with a high school pard's O/U. We did some practicing with a BPS I loaned him and we hit the fields.

Early on he missed a bird, and later 'clicked' an empty chamber on two beautifully pointed roosters over a span of 10-minutes. Both birds went over the hill. The guy was really disappointed in himself and I did my best to keep him upbeat and ready for the next one. We didn't see another bird for another hour or so and I could tell by looking at the guy he was still kicking his own butt.

The next bird I shot, and as the dog was making the retrieve I saw the guy wrasslin' with the pump on the BPS. I went over to check out the problem and saw a double feed with a fired hull in the chamber. He had 'clicked' that bird also. The BPS wasn't ejecting the fired hull and he had been poking the double feed back into the magazine tube all along. He didn't know any better and thought he was doing something incorrectly - short cycling or something. It turns out it was my fault and I doubted him when I shouldn't have. After wiping some strategically located crud out of the shotgun he was back in business and nailed his first pheasant that day.
You guys are right! My favorite part is where Mrs. Palin PERSISTS with her eye on the prize. That tells me more about her than all of the flashy political crap the media spews from both the left and the right. In short, that is one determined woman and it is more than just a little bit apparent to anyone but a blind man that when she is determined to do something, Katey bar the door! That folks is my kinda grrrl (just like Snow White) and I have now made up my mind who I'm voting for.

Flower Child
I thought it was cool that Heath and Becker had old school external kelty packs. Heath was using a cutco knife and used the float trip method of field dressing. It looked like he boned out the caribou fairly well. I don't understand why they went from using really good binoculars to kind of crappy ones. I found it interesting that Becker was wearing blue jeans-this was the dumbest thing found in the video. SOP says you should check your zero when you go out.

The gun stuff happens but walking across the creek and getting your boots wet..and then walking them dry. Yeah, she earned that caribou.

People down below might not know what walking on tussocks is like. Its not like walking along a feedlot.

Sue Atkin, the camp sitter, was quite the broad. She had the impressive story about the bear mauling. That is some pretty checky stuff.

Sincerely,
Thomas
Originally Posted by SuperCub
She's a keeper.

Throw her back! Her Rack is too small for B & C or SCI.
Shooting a critter in front of a camera for 3.5 million people qualifies as a high pressure shot. She did well, once she got her hands on a rifle that was not messed up.
Having her father working the bolt for her doesn't come across as very presidential.

He should have realized that.
I mean,...Teddy Roosevelt's daddy didn't tag along to work the bolt on *his* rifle.
Your right-looked to me like her Dad got a little excited after the first miss by his �little girl.�
Sarah did just fine working the bolt after that and it was obvious she knows her way around bolt rifles.
And the later paper plate test proved that Sarah knew her sight picture was good-it was the gun-not her.

$5 says gun #1 was a .270.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Having her father working the bolt for her doesn't come across as very presidential.

either does quitting the governor's office.
Is she gonna walk out when the SHTF?
Dad took a pretty good spill. Not sure why they did not bother to sight back in when they got to camp. Unless they edited it, the kill was not until the next day. Who runs through water and soaks their pants and feet with a 5 mile walk ahead of them to get back to camp unless absolutely necessary. Based on the dads responses I think he enjoyed the hunt, but they are far and few between.

Being attacked by a bear and sewing up your own head after coming back and killing the bear!!!! Sue for president.
Originally Posted by ColsPaul

Please tell me everything you know about that.
I read her book, Going Rogue.
I'm beginning to wonder if the producers of the show intend for it to portray her in a bad light.

Here it is the Christmas season,...and they decide that it's time for Palin to plug a reindeer.
"Donder is down! Now let's top the hill and blast Blitzen."
Dude, I still think you are brilliant...in a somewhat troubling way.
I'm beginning to wonder if the producers of the show intend for it to portray her in a bad light.

Here it is the Christmas season,...and they decide that it's time for Palin to plug a reindeer.

laugh
it wasn't Rudolph was it. I thought it was a cow.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

You are on, I bet it was a .243 Win.

I am also pretty sure it was an older Leupold Vari-X scope, probably a 3-9. It was definitely a new Redfield Revolution on Becker's 7mm Mag. Kind of thought they should have packed something along a little heavier if they were in real Brown Bear country, specially if the gal that lived there had been mauled herself not too long ago. Not sure how well I would sleep in a tent with big bears sniffing around and the closest medical facility hundreds of miles away.
I also sort of thought that Sarah should have carried her own rifle instead of using her 72 year old dad as her gun bearer.
No loud music, no mini infomercial, or no back slapping/high fiving.

Better than any hunting show on the networks.....
Dads rifle is a 7mm rem mag please send me the bets!!!! Clint
Finally watched the video. It's a joke. They show the carribou running back and forth in front of her while she shoots over and over again. I've been on 4 bou hunts and have yet to see one go back and forth like a shooting gallery while under fire.
Then when she walks up to it she carries the gun upside down with the scope side to the ground.
I swear most the things she does on that show is the first time she's done it. Then they let her have a little time to explain how everything works like she's a veteran.
It's a perfect reminder of her political career.
Originally Posted by kraky111
Finally watched the video. It's a joke. They show the carribou running back and forth in front of her while she shoots over and over again. I've been on 4 bou hunts and have yet to see one go back and forth like a shooting gallery while under fire.
Then when she walks up to it she carries the gun upside down with the scope side to the ground.
I swear most the things she does on that show is the first time she's done it. Then they let her have a little time to explain how everything works like she's a veteran.

Sounds a lot like Bill Clinton on a duck hunt, or worse, Dukakas (sp?) on a tank wearing a helmut. Ah yeah, the political fakes. Dime a dozen.

Oh, I just love it when the perfect critique the imperfect!

(Except, of course, when they critique me!)

Oh, I just love it when the perfect critique the imperfect!

So, Ken, would that include your little critique of Kraky here?

Just askin' wink
For those with 'On Demand', they are showing the episodes for free (at least here).
What's more fun? Watching Sarah or watching the Sarah haters light their hair on fire? wink
Originally Posted by clintsfolly
Dads rifle is a 7mm rem mag please send me the bets!!!! Clint

Wrong, Becker, the family friend's rifle was the 7 mag. Sarah's dad brought the "varmint rifle", so it wouldn't kick Sarah as hard. I still say it was a .243 Winchester old Model 70 push feed. And yes, Becker's rifle was a Savage. Probably why it only took one shot with that Redfield Revolution scope, and the family friend seemed to definitely know his way around the tundra.
I'm not seeing anyone lose their hair, but a lot seem to be laughing. smile grin grin
Eat your heart out Brend. You're a joke.
Butch
Originally Posted by BrentD
� Oh, I just love it when the perfect critique the imperfect!

Nice try, but no cigar!

A critique is a treatise with specific details.

I didn't post a critique.

I merely posted my opinion of a certain flavor of critiques.
She supports hunting but is not much of one. Sarah could keep you warm at camp, but I think Sue would have been my hunting partner on that show. That women was tough as nails.

Oh look a predator track!
Seems Sarah really ticked off PETA. Applause for her.
� Oh, I just love it when the perfect critique the imperfect!

Nice try, but no cigar!

I didn't post a critique.

I merely posted my opinion of a certain flavor of critiques.

Ah but is not the the perfection of the critiquers a specific detail, not to mention a sarcastic criticism? Or perhaps your rules doe not apply to yourself? Just askin' smile
Only could have been better if she had been shooting an "assault rifle" maybe an AR10 in .308 or 7mm08
that would have gotten all the libs panties in a double knot

Sounds a lot like Bill Clinton on a duck hunt, or worse, Dukakas (sp?) on a tank wearing a helmut. Ah yeah, the political fakes. Dime a dozen.

She shot a big-game animal in Alaska, on camera, when things really didn't go so well. That's a lot different than slapping on a tanker's helmet and going for a ride.
You do have me stumped with the mention of Clinton's epic hunt, Brett.

Maybe it's just the camera angle, but watching this video, as well as a number of hunting videos out there, I gotta wonder where those bullets end up, with no apparent backstop? Like I said, could be the camera angle, so this is not a criticism. Just pondering. As a budding rifleman/hunter, one of the big no-no's, was shooting a "skylined" target.

Oh, and for those who will say, "they were out in the middle of no where, so who cares?" I didn't watch the show, but from the other posts, I take it they were at Kavik. If so, there were likely other hunters somewhere. While definitely a remote area, it does get a fair number of hunters.

Jeff
Reckon that lady who runs Kavik Camp knew whether there were any other hunters out there and where (if any) they were?
I thought they said 18 miles from Kavik by Super Cub.
Bein' a smartass requires a modicum of wit and finesse. Jus' sayin'.
Amen brother. I've had a few goat groping experiences but they ended well!

Fixed it!
I thought they said 18 miles from Kavik by Super Cub.

Note the over-size tires on that Super Cub! Used to be more or less standard for the bush planes that I used to know when I lived there.

Kinda nice to see a Super Cub on regular bush duty this many years later!

IIRC, the Cub and Super Cub can haul more than they weigh.
Originally Posted by Roach
If she was any kind of woman at all, she would have whipped out the bolt, bore sighted quickly and gently, stuck it back in, then got back on target for the climatic shot.

On the other hand, probably she had very little to do with it all, and her producer handlers planned everything. Anyone who thinks Anything in the videos happened by chance is a naive rube.

just sayin' It's All scripted folks

Guess you haven't done much bou hunting on the North Slope. I have and that was as real as it gets. Especially talking about how dang tough it is walking in that schitt. Sarah is the real deal.

Originally Posted by ColsPaul

Is she gonna walk out when the SHTF?

Imagine she would hang in there when you are long gone. And try to come up with a valid point; that has been proven baseless ad nauseum.
Originally Posted by 2ndtimer
I am also pretty sure it was an older Leupold Vari-X scope, probably a 3-9. It was definitely a new Redfield Revolution on Becker's 7mm Mag. Kind of thought they should have packed something along a little heavier if they were in real Brown Bear country, specially if the gal that lived there had been mauled herself not too long ago. Not sure how well I would sleep in a tent with big bears sniffing around and the closest medical facility hundreds of miles away.
I also sort of thought that Sarah should have carried her own rifle instead of using her 72 year old dad as her gun bearer.

That isn't brown bear country; it is grizzly country. Much smaller than the brown bear, especially on the slope. If you wouldn't sleep in a tent in bear country maybe you should stick to wabbits in da corn field. smile
Originally Posted by akjeff
Maybe it's just the camera angle, but watching this video, as well as a number of hunting videos out there, I gotta wonder where those bullets end up, with no apparent backstop? Like I said, could be the camera angle, so this is not a criticism. Just pondering. As a budding rifleman/hunter, one of the big no-no's, was shooting a "skylined" target.

Oh, and for those who will say, "they were out in the middle of no where, so who cares?" I didn't watch the show, but from the other posts, I take it they were at Kavik. If so, there were likely other hunters somewhere. While definitely a remote area, it does get a fair number of hunters.

Jeff

They were at a spike camp 14 miles out from Kavik. NOBODY around.
Originally Posted by Comrade_Cheese

She shot a big-game animal in Alaska, on camera, when things really didn't go so well. That's a lot different than slapping on a tanker's helmet and going for a ride.

Just another staged event for stooges.

Dad's push-bolt M70 was/is a 7mm RMag. Said so as he gathered his hunting gear at his home early in that episode.

So daddy was overly attentive to his grown "little gurl!" Big [bleep] deal!

My dad is passed away, but he never did that kind of stuff with my sister or me, and i still miss my pops.

Sara is an extremely lucky and well-blessed daughter, wife and mother. Good for her!

I got a chuckle when she was scrubbing down Todd's boat saying "I'm a diva!"

And later when her daughter Willow is butchering salmon, up to her eyes in slime and fish blood, saying she was quite happy on her 16th B-Day to be doing what 99plus percent of other 16y.o. American girls were NOT doing on their birthdays, cutting up slimey wild fish with a ula (eskimo knife)! Even under the eyes of her great-grandmother who's a full-blooded eskimo.

No doubt all of "that" was staged as well! crazy laugh
It's a TV show, Brett.

A Proletariat review by BrentD, Ph.D.: ( Doctorate of Disorder)

Of course it is. It is what she excels at. Sorta a Kardashians go camping and about as clueless smile

Originally Posted by Comrade_Cheese

It sure wasn�t the best or slickest hunting video I have ever watched-it may have been the dumbest caribou ever shot-for an animal not noted for its brain power anyway�

But there was something about the whole show�something honest-in your face-this is the real world your watching here-not slick-just meat on the ground�

And doing it with your 72 year old Dad�

Originally Posted by kaboku68
I thought it was cool that Heath and Becker had old school external kelty packs. Heath was using a cutco knife and used the float trip method of field dressing. It looked like he boned out the caribou fairly well. I don't understand why they went from using really good binoculars to kind of crappy ones. I found it interesting that Becker was wearing blue jeans-this was the dumbest thing found in the video. SOP says you should check your zero when you go out.

The gun stuff happens but walking across the creek and getting your boots wet..and then walking them dry. Yeah, she earned that caribou.

People down below might not know what walking on tussocks is like. Its not like walking along a feedlot.

Sue Atkin, the camp sitter, was quite the broad. She had the impressive story about the bear mauling. That is some pretty checky stuff.

Sincerely,
Thomas

SarahPalinUSA: Sue for Secretary of Defense! MT �@SPAlaska: Sue Aikens, Life@ Kavik River Camp: Meet Sue Aikens at Kavik�
TLC-Sarah Palin�s Alaska, has just released a video showing Governor Palin buying five caribou tags and one moose tag for her hunting license. The left wingnuts are claiming Sarah was poaching without hunting tags.

The more they do this stuff�the more they lose�
Just watched the show for the first time last night...trouble with dad's rifle....but all tolled, I liked it and it actually raised her more than a couple points in my book....
liked her before..like her more now. Been saying for years what we need in the White House is someone who doesn't know whats going on....
..what we need in the White House is someone who doesn't know whats going on....

A campaign motto is born!

I doubt you'll get hired as a campaign manager though. >grin<
© 24hourcampfire