-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A critique is a treatise with specific details.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Only could have been better if she had been shooting an "assault rifle" maybe an AR10 in .308 or 7mm08
that would have gotten all the libs panties in a double knot

Roughly half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by kraky111
Finally watched the video. It's a joke. They show the carribou running back and forth in front of her while she shoots over and over again. I've been on 4 bou hunts and have yet to see one go back and forth like a shooting gallery while under fire.
Then when she walks up to it she carries the gun upside down with the scope side to the ground.
I swear most the things she does on that show is the first time she's done it. Then they let her have a little time to explain how everything works like she's a veteran.
It's a perfect reminder of her political career.

Sounds a lot like Bill Clinton on a duck hunt, or worse, Dukakas (sp?) on a tank wearing a helmut. Ah yeah, the political fakes. Dime a dozen.

She shot a big-game animal in Alaska, on camera, when things really didn't go so well. That's a lot different than slapping on a tanker's helmet and going for a ride.
You do have me stumped with the mention of Clinton's epic hunt, Brett.

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe it's just the camera angle, but watching this video, as well as a number of hunting videos out there, I gotta wonder where those bullets end up, with no apparent backstop? Like I said, could be the camera angle, so this is not a criticism. Just pondering. As a budding rifleman/hunter, one of the big no-no's, was shooting a "skylined" target.

Oh, and for those who will say, "they were out in the middle of no where, so who cares?" I didn't watch the show, but from the other posts, I take it they were at Kavik. If so, there were likely other hunters somewhere. While definitely a remote area, it does get a fair number of hunters.

Jeff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reckon that lady who runs Kavik Camp knew whether there were any other hunters out there and where (if any) they were?

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought they said 18 miles from Kavik by Super Cub.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bein' a smartass requires a modicum of wit and finesse. Jus' sayin'.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amen brother. I've had a few goat groping experiences but they ended well!

Fixed it!

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kid0917
I thought they said 18 miles from Kavik by Super Cub.

Note the over-size tires on that Super Cub! Used to be more or less standard for the bush planes that I used to know when I lived there.

Kinda nice to see a Super Cub on regular bush duty this many years later!

IIRC, the Cub and Super Cub can haul more than they weigh.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Roach
If she was any kind of woman at all, she would have whipped out the bolt, bore sighted quickly and gently, stuck it back in, then got back on target for the climatic shot.

On the other hand, probably she had very little to do with it all, and her producer handlers planned everything. Anyone who thinks Anything in the videos happened by chance is a naive rube.

just sayin' It's All scripted folks

Guess you haven't done much bou hunting on the North Slope. I have and that was as real as it gets. Especially talking about how dang tough it is walking in that schitt. Sarah is the real deal.

Last edited by arctic338; 12/07/10.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Having her father working the bolt for her doesn't come across as very presidential.

He should have realized that.

either does quitting the governor's office.
Is she gonna walk out when the SHTF?

Imagine she would hang in there when you are long gone. And try to come up with a valid point; that has been proven baseless ad nauseum.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2ndtimer
I am also pretty sure it was an older Leupold Vari-X scope, probably a 3-9. It was definitely a new Redfield Revolution on Becker's 7mm Mag. Kind of thought they should have packed something along a little heavier if they were in real Brown Bear country, specially if the gal that lived there had been mauled herself not too long ago. Not sure how well I would sleep in a tent with big bears sniffing around and the closest medical facility hundreds of miles away.
I also sort of thought that Sarah should have carried her own rifle instead of using her 72 year old dad as her gun bearer.

That isn't brown bear country; it is grizzly country. Much smaller than the brown bear, especially on the slope. If you wouldn't sleep in a tent in bear country maybe you should stick to wabbits in da corn field. smile

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by akjeff
Maybe it's just the camera angle, but watching this video, as well as a number of hunting videos out there, I gotta wonder where those bullets end up, with no apparent backstop? Like I said, could be the camera angle, so this is not a criticism. Just pondering. As a budding rifleman/hunter, one of the big no-no's, was shooting a "skylined" target.

Oh, and for those who will say, "they were out in the middle of no where, so who cares?" I didn't watch the show, but from the other posts, I take it they were at Kavik. If so, there were likely other hunters somewhere. While definitely a remote area, it does get a fair number of hunters.

Jeff

They were at a spike camp 14 miles out from Kavik. NOBODY around.

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Comrade_Cheese
Finally watched the video. It's a joke. They show the carribou running back and forth in front of her while she shoots over and over again. I've been on 4 bou hunts and have yet to see one go back and forth like a shooting gallery while under fire.
Then when she walks up to it she carries the gun upside down with the scope side to the ground.
I swear most the things she does on that show is the first time she's done it. Then they let her have a little time to explain how everything works like she's a veteran.

Sounds a lot like Bill Clinton on a duck hunt, or worse, Dukakas (sp?) on a tank wearing a helmut. Ah yeah, the political fakes. Dime a dozen.

She shot a big-game animal in Alaska, on camera, when things really didn't go so well. That's a lot different than slapping on a tanker's helmet and going for a ride.

Just another staged event for stooges.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
$5 says gun #1 was a .270.

Dad's push-bolt M70 was/is a 7mm RMag. Said so as he gathered his hunting gear at his home early in that episode.

So daddy was overly attentive to his grown "little gurl!" Big [bleep] deal!

My dad is passed away, but he never did that kind of stuff with my sister or me, and i still miss my pops.

Sara is an extremely lucky and well-blessed daughter, wife and mother. Good for her!

I got a chuckle when she was scrubbing down Todd's boat saying "I'm a diva!"

And later when her daughter Willow is butchering salmon, up to her eyes in slime and fish blood, saying she was quite happy on her 16th B-Day to be doing what 99plus percent of other 16y.o. American girls were NOT doing on their birthdays, cutting up slimey wild fish with a ula (eskimo knife)! Even under the eyes of her great-grandmother who's a full-blooded eskimo.

No doubt all of "that" was staged as well! crazy laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's a TV show, Brett.

Have an A1 Day!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

A Proletariat review by BrentD, Ph.D.: ( Doctorate of Disorder)

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's a TV show, Brett.

Of course it is. It is what she excels at. Sorta a Kardashians go camping and about as clueless smile

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

It sure wasn�t the best or slickest hunting video I have ever watched-it may have been the dumbest caribou ever shot-for an animal not noted for its brain power anyway�

But there was something about the whole show�something honest-in your face-this is the real world your watching here-not slick-just meat on the ground�

And doing it with your 72 year old Dad�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I thought it was cool that Heath and Becker had old school external kelty packs. Heath was using a cutco knife and used the float trip method of field dressing. It looked like he boned out the caribou fairly well. I don't understand why they went from using really good binoculars to kind of crappy ones. I found it interesting that Becker was wearing blue jeans-this was the dumbest thing found in the video. SOP says you should check your zero when you go out.

The gun stuff happens but walking across the creek and getting your boots wet..and then walking them dry. Yeah, she earned that caribou.

People down below might not know what walking on tussocks is like. Its not like walking along a feedlot.

Sue Atkin, the camp sitter, was quite the broad. She had the impressive story about the bear mauling. That is some pretty checky stuff.

Sincerely,
Thomas

SarahPalinUSA: Sue for Secretary of Defense! MT �@SPAlaska: Sue Aikens, Life@ Kavik River Camp: Meet Sue Aikens at Kavik�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 57 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,931
Posts18,498,662
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.