Home
Guess ole Dick is a POS after all.
link to story
To be fair, former VP Dick Cheney finally points out that the real proximate cause of the Tucson massacre was the insanity of the gunman, but that won�t be the takeaway for gun-control advocates. Cheney joins some critics in at least considering a size limitation on magazines for semi-automatic pistols. Jared Lee Loughner used a larger magazine of 33 rounds in the pistol, which has given rise to a call to impose limits on clips magazines for personal use:
like a damn criminal is going to abide by their laws anyway...silly politicians buy some common sense! I think Cheney is getting senile.......
oh, so all we have to do is make something illegal and people will magically stop using them?

why didn't i think of that...
drugs
Potentially senile and now he needs a heart transplant and he's pencil thin.

Not good--
undocumented entry into the country
cheating on your taxes
murder
rape
yep persackly
now that all those are fixed, what else should we take care of real quick with some legislation?
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
now that all those are fixed, what else should we take care of real quick with some legislation?

liberals?
Dick don't have the necessary blood flow to the CPU.
Put him and Rove in a gift bag and send them to North Korea...
33 rounds is a lot in one magazine. Or three magazines for that matter. How about one person can only have 3 (registered) 10 rounds mags - does that sound reasonable?

/sarc
Well darn people, don't you recall how crime stats went down when the Klinton high cap mag laws were in affect?
I will work the same this time too.
And....don't forget Bush asked congress to pass an AWB.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
link to story
To be fair, former VP Dick Cheney finally points out that the real proximate cause of the Tucson massacre was the insanity of the gunman, but that won�t be the takeaway for gun-control advocates. Cheney joins some critics in at least considering a size limitation on magazines for semi-automatic pistols. Jared Lee Loughner used a larger magazine of 33 rounds in the pistol, which has given rise to a call to impose limits on clips magazines for personal use:
That's no surprise to me. Neocons are not conservatives. They're Wilsonian leftists. What mainly separates them from what we refer to as "liberals" is their tendency to be somewhat sentimental about traditional American culture, while those we call "liberals" are openly hostile towards traditional American culture. Otherwise, they're indistinguishable, though they pretend to be hated enemies. The main things neocons believe in are centralizing and consolidating government power at home, while expanding US military domination throughout the world, thus "making the world safe for their vision of 'democracy.'" They'll give lip service to such things as being against gun control, but only enough lip service to keep them in power. On principle, they're OK with just about any degree of disarming the general public.
Regan took away any new class III weapons too.
How about we limit high capacity politicians to ONE heart?

Cheney's an authoritarian elitist. His wife should have been VP, not him.
link to story

You'll get on board eventually. Some people are slower than others.

Sycamore
Cheney is a lifelong professional politician. One of his kind was
attacked in Tuscon. They stick together.
Originally Posted by Comrade_Cheese
33 rounds is a lot in one magazine. Or three magazines for that matter. How about one person can only have 3 (registered) 10 rounds mags - does that sound reasonable?

/sarc

No that sounds like moderate BS they'll be back to get those three ASAP.
What he actually said sounds a lot less like an endorsement of magazine capacity limits than the talking heads from MSNBC or the writer of the article would like to believe.
I wish someone would have pointed out to him that he shot someone with a $10,000 over/under. Maybe we should ban guns that cost over $2000.

Dink
Originally Posted by DINK
I wish someone would have pointed out to him that he shot someone with a $10,000 over/under. Maybe we should ban guns that cost over $2000.

Dink
grin
Originally Posted by DINK

Dink

That would hurt Burns.
33 rounds is a lot in one magazine. Or three magazines for that matter. How about one person can only have 3 (registered) 10 rounds mags - does does that sound reasonable?

/sarc

No, and as a matter of fact the poster of this drivel sounds like he's a complete azzwhole.

I ask you now,..Don't " that sound reasonable?"

How about you go somewhere and THINK a bit,....?

Come back and try again.

GTC
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
How about we limit high capacity politicians to ONE heart?

Cheney's an authoritarian elitist. His wife should have been VP, not him.

Great Post !

GTC

/sarc

Maybe it's just me, but I took /sarc to mean it was a sarcastic remark. A bit tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps facetious even. And not terribly serious. wink
I just emailed my two Senators and my US Congresswoman about new gun control. I said just say no to anything including an AWB or Clip ban. Hope it helps.
Missed that

There's more then adequate material for humor, ...it abounds.

This is not any particular subject to be putting on clown shows about, I doubt one could READ the OP and come away without angst.

...and quick and hostile response GOES with that territory.

No harm, no foul,.....apologies extended ,...where apropo.

GTC

Originally Posted by ironbender

/sarc

Maybe it's just me, but I took /sarc to mean it was a sarcastic remark. A bit tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps facetious even. And not terribly serious. wink
I totally missed it also and I was looking for it. My post will be deleted and my apologies to Comrade Cheese. Sometimes the temper flares.
Dunno WHY you'd delete anything,.....

That was NOT funny.

Maybe an "Attempt",....that failed.

AZZ around about "Funny Stuff",.......

I'd leave my posts, and AM.

GTC

Why would anyone care what Dick Cheney's opinion is on handgun magazine capacity?

I don't............
Well, I'm still a huge Cheney fan.....greatest VP the country has ever had. Would have made a terrific president.

Unknot your panties. He's entitled to his opinion on weapons. If some of y'all would admit it most citizens wouldn't be worth a rats azz with a Poncho Villa bullet belt, in fact they'd be more dangerous.
dang stan, I did not say take him out and shoot him, I was pointing out that even folks we consider 'conservative' are not perfect.
No offense taken, or meant.....Cheney has changed his mind about gays, too. A gay daughter will do that. That doesn't make him a POS either.
Almost sounds like y'all thought he was on your "side".

He's not. He's on his side. He's the State. You're not.

But keep on believing that there are actually 2 parties. That's what Dick would want you to do.
Originally Posted by Stan V
Well, I'm still a huge Cheney fan.....greatest VP the country has ever had. Would have made a terrific president.

Unknot your panties. He's entitled to his opinion on weapons. If some of y'all would admit it most citizens wouldn't be worth a rats azz with a Poncho Villa bullet belt, in fact they'd be more dangerous.
You're off your trail on this one. It doesn't matter what citizens are worth a rat's asss with or what they ain't. Cheney was supposed to be one of us and now he's showing he's not. The question is, are you? I have always thought you to be more of a party hack and apologist than true conservative, but at times you have surprised me. [bleep] Cheney and his opinion. Just another [bleep] RINO in the end. If we want to keep our guns and the ability to use them, we'd better all hang together and not let assclowns like Dick tell us that it's okay as long as they don't take our $10000 shotguns away.

FWIW I don't give a flyingfuck what Cheney thinks about gays. It doesn't concern me. What concerns me are my guns, keeping them, being able to use them to defend my family and maybe hunt a bit, etc. Did I already say [bleep] Cheney. Oh yeah, I did, but [bleep] him again.
No offense taken, or meant.....Cheney has changed his mind about gays, too. A gay daughter will do that. That doesn't make him a POS either.
No, it doesn't make him a POS. Thinking it's okay to ban high cap magazines makes Cheney a POS. Any questions?
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
No, it doesn't make him a POS. Thinking it's okay to ban high cap magazines makes Cheney a POS. Any questions?

Just one question. What legislation can Cheney pass?

[Linked Image]

None, obviously. But what sound bites and reinforcement can he give the Democratic Party?

Oh yeah, a TON if he doesn't learn when to keep his mouth shut.

Maybe he's still gun shy from that little oops he had.. shooting a lawyer will do that to ya, I hear. Can't say that I respect the man in any regards to the shooting sports, but be nice if he'd learn to just shut up.
Originally Posted by nemesis
Why would anyone care what Dick Cheney's opinion is on handgun magazine capacity?

I don't............

Of course you don't....

YOU ALREADY LIVE IN MASSACHUSETTS!

You've taken yourself out of the handgun bidness already.

Sycamore
Okay, I'll bite the [bleep] sandwich and ask the question honestly, as I don't know.

What are those extended magazines used for? Competition, the just-for-fun factor, what? In Canada we're stuck with a 10-round limit so we can't even fill a normal magazine, let alone 30+ rounds. If the answer is 'because we can', I'm fine with that. I'm just looking for information.
Don't have one, but they're used for the same thing that any other magazine is used for. To hold bullets. Is there really a magical 10 round limit that you'll never need to exceed if you are defending yourself from a home invasion, or if you need to jump in the car and pursue somebody who's just grabbed a little girl off of the street? I've never heard of that..
Originally Posted by grouseman
Okay, I'll bite the [bleep] sandwich and ask the question honestly, as I don't know.

What are those extended magazines used for? Competition, the just-for-fun factor, what? In Canada we're stuck with a 10-round limit so we can't even fill a normal magazine, let alone 30+ rounds. If the answer is 'because we can', I'm fine with that. I'm just looking for information.

The point is not what it can be used for, but that .gov has no business messing with the issue in the first place.
Horse is out of the barn on the gov messing with this issue, Sam.

Am I the only one that saw the video of Cheney and his remarks? Lots of estrogen being oozed here......
Hmm, let's see, some dirt bags are breaking into your home in the middle of the night, do you want to pull a 10 round magazine or a 30 round magazine out of your night stand?

It all comes back to our Constitution. You've heard the popular saying, "The Second Amendment Ain't About Duck Hunting"? That means that the 2nd Amendment is in place ultimately as a check against tyranny in our own government. Hunting is only obliquely protected in our Constitution, whereas military weapons are directly protected and extended magazines are the most effective ones for this type of use. They are what the government fears most so they should be actively protected. The government fearing its people is a good thing. God forbid we ever have to actually use the 2nd Amendment for what it was designed to recognize.

Since the leftists haven't been able to ban gun ownership outright, they have decided to chip away at gun rights a little piece at a time. Once they ban high capacity magazines, they will go after something else. They are relentless.

If changing the law made a difference, we could just pass a new law making it illegal to shoot politicians.
AZ Guys...

I was told that those HI Cap Mags were already banned in AZ...

Is this true?

T
Girls, we have more pressing issues in this country than being distracted by a thought Cheney made about gun mag capacity.

Is this a moment we can look back on and see how some ate our own over nothing?
Girls, we have more pressing issues in this country than being distracted by a thought Cheney made about gun mag capacity.

I'd say it's more of a moment for recognizing those who won't protect our rights, whether out of loyalty, dementia, or just plain idiocy.

Got a mirror?
Originally Posted by Calhoun

I'd say it's more of a moment for recognizing those who won't protect our rights, whether out of loyalty, dementia, or just plain idiocy.

Got a mirror?
lol

Got a mirror?

LMAO!

You didn't see the video either.
I did.. a close paraphrase is: "We've had restrictions on magazine sizes for semi-automatic weapons before, and maybe it's time to revisit that."

Can't be any clearer.. What's murky is why you support him on this so much.

Those who would demand complete ideological purity from any politician may never find it and if they do that politician won't be elected.

Dick Cheney is a good man who has served this Country well. He is every bit as entitled to his opinion on high capacity magazines as anyone here--maybe more so.

I dare say that most, if not all, Republican Presidential hopefuls hold that same opinion.
I did.. a close paraphrase is: "We've had restrictions on magazine sizes for semi-automatic weapons before, and maybe it's time to revisit that."

Can't be any clearer.. What's murky is why you support him on this so much.

You're murky in your cyphering. I support Dick Cheney as a great American who served this country during 9/11 and waterboarded azzhats trying to kill us. You've taken an off hand comment about 'looking' at mag capacity to mean he's all for gun control. Get over yourself.

no proof of residency to become president
I never said anything about throwing him under the bus because of this one comment, but at the same time he needs to be loudly and PUBLICLY castigated for making that comment. He's a politician, and other politician's watch what happen.

Something along the lines of, "He's a great man and has done a lot of good for this country, but in this instance he's completely off base."

If he hears it loudly enough, he'll change his tune. That's what politicians do. But if you let him slide with it, you're implicitly encouraging other politicians to take the same stance.

It is central to the American ethos that each citizen is a member of their state's general militia, and must at all times be prepared to defend themselves, their homes and families, their communities, their respective states, and, if called upon, their nation, from armed aggressors (foreign or domestic) who would subjugate them and deny them their birthrights of liberty and self-governance. This is what the Second Amendment to the US Constitution is about. Not hunting. Not target shooting. Not any sort of sport shooting. The idea was for members of the general militia to maintain arms, ammunition, and supplies, appropriate for said duty at all times. This is central, we Americans believe, to preserving our status as free citizens.
link to story
To be fair, former VP Dick Cheney finally points out that the real proximate cause of the Tucson massacre was the insanity of the gunman, but that won’t be the takeaway for gun-control advocates. Cheney joins some critics in at least considering a size limitation on magazines for semi-automatic pistols. Jared Lee Loughner used a larger magazine of 33 rounds in the pistol, which has given rise to a call to impose limits on clips magazines for personal use:

wink One shot Cheney is a shotgun man, took out a lawyer with one shot. To him a high cap mag is unnecessary. laugh GW

It all comes back to our Constitution. You've heard the popular saying, "The Second Amendment Ain't About Duck Hunting"? That means that the 2nd Amendment is in place ultimately as a check against tyranny in our own government. Hunting is only obliquely protected in our Constitution, whereas military weapons are directly protected and extended magazines are the most effective ones for this type of use. They are what the government fears most so they should be actively protected. The government fearing its people is a good thing. God forbid we ever have to actually use the 2nd Amendment for what it was designed to recognize.
Well said.
I never said anything about throwing him under the bus because of this one comment, but at the same time he needs to be loudly and PUBLICLY castigated for making that comment. He's a politician, and other politician's watch what happen.

Something along the lines of, "He's a great man and has done a lot of good for this country, but in this instance he's completely off base."

If he hears it loudly enough, he'll change his tune. That's what politicians do. But if you let him slide with it, you're implicitly encouraging other politicians to take the same stance.

I hear perfection is hard to find....am I the only one? Well, and that other guy. grin
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Those who would demand complete ideological purity from any politician may never find it and if they do that politician won't be elected.

Dick Cheney is a good man who has served this Country well. He is every bit as entitled to his opinion on high capacity magazines as anyone here--maybe more so.

I dare say that most, if not all, Republican Presidential hopefuls hold that same opinion.
Then they shouldn't be "hopefuls."

PS That this should be your opinion on this matter surprises me not in the least.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Regan took away any new class III weapons too.

And throughout all this controversy the Class III guys remain strangely silent.

????????????????
link to story
To be fair, former VP Dick Cheney finally points out that the real proximate cause of the Tucson massacre was the insanity of the gunman, but that won’t be the takeaway for gun-control advocates. Cheney joins some critics in at least considering a size limitation on magazines for semi-automatic pistols. Jared Lee Loughner used a larger magazine of 33 rounds in the pistol, which has given rise to a call to impose limits on clips magazines for personal use:

blush Won't cure the problem of the mental ill killing/ assulting the public. Typical political/ panicked American response. If we would expend our time/money treating and housing the mental ill it would lessen the overall problems that our nation faces. But hey that would be to easy. Typically this nation has to do it azz backwards, creates more publicity for political groups and their causes. GW frown

Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Missed that

There's more then adequate material for humor, ...it abounds.

This is not any particular subject to be putting on clown shows about, I doubt one could READ the OP and come away without angst.

...and quick and hostile response GOES with that territory.

No harm, no foul,.....apologies extended ,...where apropo.

GTC

Your constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
[bleep] very much!
no one becomes the darling of the left faster than a Conservative that slips out with some stupid remark like Cheney's.
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Hmm, let's see, some dirt bags are breaking into your home in the middle of the night, do you want to pull a 10 round magazine or a 30 round magazine out of your night stand?

how many dirtbags? wink
One, but NeBassman is thorough.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by NeBassman

how many dirtbags? wink
You don't know. That's the point. Remember the home security cam footage that went viral a couple of years ago of the home owner who saw a three man squad of home invaders running towards his house with various long arms, and then of them running away back into their car under "military style" rifle fire (directed by the home owner), bullet holes popping into their car's body and windshield as they drove off?
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by nemesis

I don't............

Of course you don't....

YOU ALREADY LIVE IN MASSACHUSETTS!

You've taken yourself out of the handgun bidness already.
Sycamore

Hmmm..........

Seems to me according to the following excerpt from the MA gun laws, as a holder of a Class A License to Carry in Massachusetts I can have as many bullets in my large capacity handgun as I wish to:

"Large capacity feeding devices designed for large capacity rifles and shotguns may be lawfully possessed by a holder of a Class A or B license to carry. Ch. 140, � 131(a), (b)(ii). Large capacity feeding devices designed for handguns may be possessed only by persons holding a Class A license to carry. Ch. 140, � 131(a)."
link to story

Well Sam, if "ole Dick is a POS after all", at least he's your POS; based on your previous comments.
Originally Posted by temmi
AZ Guys...

I was told that those HI Cap Mags were already banned in AZ...

Is this true?

T

No Sir,.....any capacity is just fine here (Az.).

GTC
Originally Posted by Mesabi
What he actually said sounds a lot less like an endorsement of magazine capacity limits than the talking heads from MSNBC or the writer of the article would like to believe.
Yeah but focusing on that wouldn't make as good a thread now would it? wink

By the way, does Cheney get any more votes on the subject than anyone reading this thread?
Why would it be any surprise to anybody that Cheney would back a ban? President Bush said repeatedly that he would sign an extension or a new ban if it came across his desk. Thank God it didn't and the original AWB sunsetted.
Cheney could give two sh&ts if there was a ban on high cap magazines, for the same resons as the criminals. If Cheney wanted hi cap mags, for whatever reason, he would have them, legal or not.

R.
Originally Posted by Rman
Cheney could give two sh&ts if there was a ban on high cap magazines, for the same resons as the criminals. If Cheney wanted hi cap mags, for whatever reason, he would have them, legal or not.

R.

Cheney is in a class of folks that don't care what is used. In his circle it is the decision of when and where and who its used on that counts.
LMAO!

May as well be Dim Underground forum.....they hate Cheney, too.
LMAO!

For the record, I don't hate Cheney. I don't even dislike him. My point was, he wouldn't care if hi cap mags were banned, because it wouldn't matter to him. If he wanted one, he'd get one. Thats all.

R.
LMAO!

For the record, I don't hate Cheney. I don't even dislike him. My point was, he wouldn't care if hi cap mags were banned, because it wouldn't matter to him. If he wanted one, he'd get one. Thats all.

R.

...as most here would. I don't have one or want one. Does that make me a bad person?
Nope! Unless you want to stop other people from having them.

R.

Now why the hell should I care how you waste what little money you may have?
Exactly!

R.
LMAO!

R.

...as most here would. I don't have one or want one. Does that make me a bad person?
Not at all. You being slightly retarded yet continuously and loudly proclaiming your superiority does make you a jackasss though.

Nope............just an azzhole, thas all!
He's a politician and one that's been in the republican party a long time...why are people suprsied?
anything to take the power away from the people
We ALL know that we can't handle any power
ALL politicians need to be able to choose what is right for us and our wallets!
How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time.

How to you completely disarm a society?
One step at a time.

It's a slippery slope. Britain found out the hard way. Once gone, it never comes back. The noose only tightens. We're fighting hard in Canada, too. You cannot yield on anything. Once 30+ magazines are gone, next are standard capacity magazines, then 10 rounds are illegal, etc.

The best thing that ever happened was the expiry date on the AWB. It proved that it was ineffectual. And gun grabbers never say "This is all we want, and we'll put it in writing that when we get this one little thing banned, we'll completely stop." They never stop, so why should we?

I use my guns to protect gay kittens, homeless illegal immigrant drug addicts, and the unicorn Obama gave me, from mean old Dick Cheney. Don't tell me you want to endanger their lives?

They must have given the Short Bus Crowd early recess again.
© 24hourcampfire