Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Guess ole Dick is a POS after all.
link to story
To be fair, former VP Dick Cheney finally points out that the real proximate cause of the Tucson massacre was the insanity of the gunman, but that won�t be the takeaway for gun-control advocates. Cheney joins some critics in at least considering a size limitation on magazines for semi-automatic pistols. Jared Lee Loughner used a larger magazine of 33 rounds in the pistol, which has given rise to a call to impose limits on clips magazines for personal use:

You'll get on board eventually. Some people are slower than others.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB4

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cheney is a lifelong professional politician. One of his kind was
attacked in Tuscon. They stick together.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Comrade_Cheese
33 rounds is a lot in one magazine. Or three magazines for that matter. How about one person can only have 3 (registered) 10 rounds mags - does that sound reasonable?

/sarc

No that sounds like moderate BS they'll be back to get those three ASAP.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What he actually said sounds a lot less like an endorsement of magazine capacity limits than the talking heads from MSNBC or the writer of the article would like to believe.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I wish someone would have pointed out to him that he shot someone with a $10,000 over/under. Maybe we should ban guns that cost over $2000.

Dink

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DINK
I wish someone would have pointed out to him that he shot someone with a $10,000 over/under. Maybe we should ban guns that cost over $2000.

Dink
grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DINK

Dink

That would hurt Burns.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
33 rounds is a lot in one magazine. Or three magazines for that matter. How about one person can only have 3 (registered) 10 rounds mags - does does that sound reasonable?

/sarc

No, and as a matter of fact the poster of this drivel sounds like he's a complete azzwhole.

I ask you now,..Don't " that sound reasonable?"

How about you go somewhere and THINK a bit,....?

Come back and try again.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
How about we limit high capacity politicians to ONE heart?

Cheney's an authoritarian elitist. His wife should have been VP, not him.

Great Post !

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
33 rounds is a lot in one magazine. Or three magazines for that matter. How about one person can only have 3 (registered) 10 rounds mags - does that sound reasonable?

/sarc

Maybe it's just me, but I took /sarc to mean it was a sarcastic remark. A bit tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps facetious even. And not terribly serious. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just emailed my two Senators and my US Congresswoman about new gun control. I said just say no to anything including an AWB or Clip ban. Hope it helps.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Missed that

There's more then adequate material for humor, ...it abounds.

This is not any particular subject to be putting on clown shows about, I doubt one could READ the OP and come away without angst.

...and quick and hostile response GOES with that territory.

No harm, no foul,.....apologies extended ,...where apropo.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender

/sarc

Maybe it's just me, but I took /sarc to mean it was a sarcastic remark. A bit tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps facetious even. And not terribly serious. wink
I totally missed it also and I was looking for it. My post will be deleted and my apologies to Comrade Cheese. Sometimes the temper flares.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dunno WHY you'd delete anything,.....

That was NOT funny.

Maybe an "Attempt",....that failed.

AZZ around about "Funny Stuff",.......

I'd leave my posts, and AM.

GTC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why would anyone care what Dick Cheney's opinion is on handgun magazine capacity?

I don't............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I'm still a huge Cheney fan.....greatest VP the country has ever had. Would have made a terrific president.

Unknot your panties. He's entitled to his opinion on weapons. If some of y'all would admit it most citizens wouldn't be worth a rats azz with a Poncho Villa bullet belt, in fact they'd be more dangerous.

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
dang stan, I did not say take him out and shoot him, I was pointing out that even folks we consider 'conservative' are not perfect.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No offense taken, or meant.....Cheney has changed his mind about gays, too. A gay daughter will do that. That doesn't make him a POS either.

All American

All the time
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Almost sounds like y'all thought he was on your "side".

He's not. He's on his side. He's the State. You're not.

But keep on believing that there are actually 2 parties. That's what Dick would want you to do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stan V
Well, I'm still a huge Cheney fan.....greatest VP the country has ever had. Would have made a terrific president.

Unknot your panties. He's entitled to his opinion on weapons. If some of y'all would admit it most citizens wouldn't be worth a rats azz with a Poncho Villa bullet belt, in fact they'd be more dangerous.
You're off your trail on this one. It doesn't matter what citizens are worth a rat's asss with or what they ain't. Cheney was supposed to be one of us and now he's showing he's not. The question is, are you? I have always thought you to be more of a party hack and apologist than true conservative, but at times you have surprised me. [bleep] Cheney and his opinion. Just another [bleep] RINO in the end. If we want to keep our guns and the ability to use them, we'd better all hang together and not let assclowns like Dick tell us that it's okay as long as they don't take our $10000 shotguns away.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 73 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,888
Posts18,479,129
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.