Home
Chit.
Fox News
Prolly makin shine again!!
Maybe.

Coulda been a rampfest.
Right up the road from me. I'll tune in to the news.
Originally Posted by Karnis
Maybe.Coulda been a rampfest.

Got ramps ? smile
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Got ramps ? smile

Not many know what they are. Some powerful medicine.
I'm thinking Meth labs may have found their way to the WVa mountains.

No one gets shot over making moonshine anymore, do they?
Originally Posted by isaac

Really depends on which holler you're in !!! laugh
US Marshals usually execute Federal Fugitive warrants and unfortunately I never saw or heard of a Federal "no-knock" warrant.
The Marshals should have set the front porch on fire and shot their legs out from under 'em when they ran out the back door. laugh
We used to assist Marshals quite a bit executing fugitive warrants. WE were/are allowed to kick in doors for arrest warrants at a home of record. The Marshals liked us because we didn't [bleep] around. I hope the three Deputies are going to be alright.
I believe a friend of mine was involved in one of those when he was on the force. His name was Chris Stra***, and it turned out fatal (not for him).
Vada Hoggs. I was the Patrol Sergeant ordered to respond and secure the scene for investigation. Chris was on the "SOS". Hoggs grabbed the front of the Glock and tried to pull it away. Finger on the trigger is NOT a good way to go with a Glock. Gun fired and the slug went into Hoggs' temple.

Have to talk to my plumber about that. He's here right now doing some work for us and has a big 275 gallon reflux column pot.

Most of our moonshine comes out of Kentucky. I heard that Allen is the goto guy in that area.
I heard that really affected Chris. He was a good guy, we were close in high school and for a few years after. How is he doing now, any idea?
Haven't seen him for at least 4 years since he had a falling out with the owner of the Special Arms gun store. They were bought out and there was a fair argument.
I'm thinking that if "US" Marshalls were anywhere except maybe Washington D.C......they got what they deserved.

We'll call if we "need" you....otherwise stay out of our lives.
WTF??
Originally Posted by TexasRick
I'm thinking that if "US" Marshalls were anywhere except maybe Washington D.C......they got what they deserved.

Say what?
FYI, the Marshals are actually the ONLY feds who are actually empowered to pursue fugitives across state lines. Oldest Law Enforcement agency in America. They were here before most of the idiot sheriffs.

eek eek eek
http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=94425&catid=3
One U.S. Marshal Killed, Two Injured in Elkins Shooting
Updated Wednesday, February 16, 2011; 01:54 PM

Three deputy marshals were shot. A deputy and the suspect were killed.

ELKINS -- Authorities with several different law enforcement agencies were called to the scene of a fatal shooting in Elkins.
Around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, deputy U.S. Marshals were trying to serve an arrest warrant on Charles Smith, 50, at his house on Central Street, according to officials.

When they entered the home, Smith shot one deputy, in the neck. A second deputy was shot in the shoulder with a shotgun. The third deputy received facial injuries from shrapnel from the shotgun, Federal Magistrate Judge John Kaull said.

Officers returned fire, killing Smith, Kaull said.

Two of the deputies were taken to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, where they underwent surgery. One of the deputies died at the hospital, according to Kaull. The other deputy made it through surgery and officials with the U.S. Marshals said they hope for a full recovery.

The third deputy was taken to Davis Memorial Hospital in Elkins, where he was treated and released.

Smith was armed with both a .45 caliber handgun and a shotgun, Kaull said.

Judge Kaull issued the warrant for Smith, who was wanted on Federal drug charges, early Wednesday morning, he said.

In 2006, Smith was indicted by a Federal grand jury on a charge of possession with the intent to distribute crack cocaine.

Marshals had been looking for Smith since March 2010, according to the search warrant.

On Feb. 10, an Elkins police officer saw a man matching Smith's description, near the house on Central Street, the warrant described. The officer informed the deputies, who then filed the search warrant, Tuesday. You can read the full warrant at the link below.

Smith had lived in the house for about a year, neighbors said.

Authorities have blocked off the streets surrounding the house.

The state police, the FBI, U.S. Marshals and the Randolph County Sheriff's Department are on the scene.

The Elkins Fire Department also responded.

A news conference is expected later Wednesday.

Link to warrant
doesn't anyone watch Justified? Meth made it long ago into the hills!

ML
Damn shame the Marshall was killed and the other two were hurt, at least the A-Hole is DOA!
Originally Posted by Mntngoat

ML

that was my first reaction, scenario straight out of Justified.....hillbilly mafia selling shine, ho's, meth, protection...little loan sharking on the side.

when they start out inbred and ignorant, and then you stir in two generations of meth use.....you get a pretty nasty species of criminal.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by Mntngoat

ML

that was my first reaction, scenario straight out of Justified.....hillbilly mafia selling shine, ho's, meth, protection...little loan sharking on the side.

when they start out inbred and ignorant, and then you stir in two generations of meth use.....you get a pretty nasty species of criminal.
Yeah, Justified is real realistic.lol
I happened to see the entire show for the first time last night. That's some scary schit up in those hills. That fat ugly skank who poisoned the moonshine for that extra chromosomed daddy of the victim girl kept me awake for a little longer than usual.

I hope I never have to stop for gas or take a leak anywhere near one of those places.
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

go visit Harlan County's meth culture and get back to me on that.
The story stated that they were serving Fed. warrants. The article didn't state what the warrants were for. USMS normally serves both civil & criminal warrants out of Fed. Crt. My experience with the Feds regarding narcotics. Is that if it was a DEA or BATF or FBI, case. They'll serve the arrest warrants. The USMS gets the fugitive warrants and what comes out of Fed. Crt.

Serving criminal warrants is very dangerous. People are at their "fight or flight" stage during this process. The act of placing a person under arrest be it for a Misd. or Fel. can go bad fast.

Your larger areas, if they have a USMS office in that location, normally have local LEO's assigned to such things as, Fugitive Task Forces, to assist the USMS. The local LEO's know the area and many of those who the USMS are looking for.
Judge Kaull issued the warrant for Smith, who was wanted on Federal drug charges, early Wednesday morning, he said.

In 2006, Smith was indicted by a Federal grand jury on a charge of possession with the intent to distribute crack cocaine.

Marshals had been looking for Smith since March 2010, according to the search warrant.

I happened to see the entire show for the first time last night. That's some scary schit up in those hills. That fat ugly skank who poisoned the moonshine for that extra chromosomed daddy of the victim girl kept me awake for a little longer than usual.

I hope I never have to stop for gas or take a leak anywhere near one of those places.
Despite what people think about Kansas being flat, the eastern 1/3 is generally pretty hilly. This story comes from an area called "the Kansas Ozarks". In actuality, the real Ozark mountains do come into Kansas a ways, but the real region is the Cross Timbers, which runs from Kansas down into Texas. Anyway, my advisor from college was supervising me on an internship. This old boy was a Yankee deeluxe. He misses a turn in his cute little red '64 1/2 Mustang convertible and ends up in this town a little ways south of where the wifey and I set up housekeeping. He stops at this defunct gas station to axsk directions and some typical denizen with no shirt and some like, cut off overalls saunters out, prolly with a lukewarm Pearl in-hand. Pretty-boy college prof asks his questions and degenerate hillperson says, "I really fancy yore car. It shore is purty." Scared college prof tells me all about it when he finally finds my school I'm working at way back in the hills. I hee hawed at his silly ass after he was gone. I think he thought the hillbilly was about to go all Deliverance on his [bleep] ass. bwaaaahahahhaa Sorry for the derail, but I thought it needed toldt.
is..,

It's just a TV show. Nothing more. Meth is out of control in westbuhgawd. I think they've busted 4 labs in my small town of 8000 in the last month. It seems to take a bit of chemistry knowledge cook meth. Surprising for a bunch of dumb hillbillys, huh?

Most of the shine I've seen/heard about lately comes from virginia.

O
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

go visit Harlan County's meth culture and get back to me on that.

I dig Justified. New episode on FX tonight. I did some business travel to WV one time. I remember stopping in some out of the way small town for directions. Man, the characters in the gas station looked like they just stepped out of Deliverance. eek
Like to know the race of the suspect. Now whitey will smoke & sell crack, but crack & MJ, are homie's drug of choice. It would be a money maker up there.

It has a high addiction rate, to insure repeat customers, and you don't have to run around trying to get chemicals and other controlled items as you do to make meth. That and have everything smell like cat piss all the time your cooking. Unless your using the cold "shake & bake" method
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
is..,

It's just a TV show. Nothing more. Meth is out of control in westbuhgawd. I think they've busted 4 labs in my small town of 8000 in the last month. It seems to take a bit of chemistry knowledge cook meth. Surprising for a bunch of dumb hillbillys, huh?

Most of the shine I've seen/heard about lately comes from virginia.

O

It really doesn't take much to make Meth. you follow a recipe. The ingredients can be found in any drug and autoparts store & grocery store that you need. You can make it in a 2ltr. soda bottle without any heat source. You can make it in your car/truck, house/trailer/barn whatever.

Then throw all your evidence away in the garbage or in the ditch. Remember making Meth. is a business, it doesn't take a chemist to make it anymore. All the difficulty and chemical knowledge has been removed.
money making hollers started with shine went to weed and have now progressed to meth, but all 3 are quite common in the mountains of WV,VA

That's messed up.

Texas Rick:

On Feb. 10, an Elkins police officer saw a man matching Smith's description, near the house on Central Street, the warrant described. The officer informed the deputies, who then filed the search warrant, Tuesday. You can read the full warrant at the link below.

"Looks like the locals did call the marshals when they needed them." GW

Stop in anytime.

Got ramps ? smile

boy ,I aint had a good mess of ramps, scense i went home to West Va. in the spring, 10 years ago to visit mom and dad , and go trout fishing with dad . mix them in some fried taters GGGGGOOOOODDDDD EEEAAATTTIINN grin grin
Originally Posted by rem shooter

Got ramps ? smile

boy ,I aint had a good mess of ramps scense i went home in the spring 10 years ago to visit mom and dad , and go trout fishing with dad . mix them in some fried taters GGGGGOOOOODDDDD EEEAAATTTIINN grin grin
WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
I'm from East Ky. I can walk to the top of the hill and look into W.Va.

METH, CRACK and OXYCONTIN are a plague locally. I have seen the transition from shine to pot and now to meth etc. These new punks are just plain mean. Think Deliverance meets Jackass. Kid next door od'd on oxy last week.

I've lived and worked coast to coast for nigh on 30 years and some of the toughest guys I've ever encountered are right around home.

Dude! WTF!?
Watched Justified on FX for the first time tonight. Call me naive but is that Appalachian area truly the way the show "Justified" depicts?
OH it's real. Just like profesional wrestling and The Beverly Hillbillys.

O
Originally Posted by byc

Dude! WTF!?

The marshal that was killed was a wv native. It was a wv trooper and another marshal that insured a long trial was avoided.

O
Here's a link to the Charleston,WV paper.
http://www.wvgazette.com/News/policeblotter/201102160569

Dood? What in THE..........
Ska..,

Looks like TexasRick is either a skinhead or a milita whackjob.

O
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
Ska..,

TexasRick is a douchebag.

O

Fixed it for ya..

A man died and will never see his family again. His parents will never be able to speak to their son. He did it attempting to remove a cocaine dealing predator off the streets.

He got what he deserved huh?

I hope you get what you deserve.

You should count your blessings that this is not a conversation taking place face to face.
Good to see ya around Mac. I was withholding comment on that bs statment hoping he mis-spoke.
Originally Posted by CAMONICK
money making hollers started with shine went to weed and have now progressed to meth, but all 3 are quite common in the mountains of WV,VA

That's an interesting point, i've seen four different generations, that have been involved in criminal enterprise here in TN. I've met the 1st gen. moonshiner of the family who's in his eighties, sold illegal alcohol during the 50's, 60's, 70's.

I've met the son of the moonshiner who's in his late early 60's. He grew and sold MJ in the 80's & 90's, that along with stealing cars, and selling the parts.

I've met the 3rd gen. who's in their late 40's, who has been involved in both MJ, Meth. along with car/parts thefts.

The 4th gen. is primarily into selling Meth. and prescription Meds. and has no problem boosting a car, if need be. This all within the same family. The entire family have been professional criminals. The Southern version of the Sopprano's.
Howdy back Mac!

I have been very busy lately! Lots of catch up to do from being gone out of the country so long.

I just got home from spending 10 hours dealing with a child molester rapist scumbag. The smug SOB was making me have visions of doing very bad things to him with my bare hands, before I shot him in the face. Sadly just wishfull thinking.

I came home, hugged my baby girl for a bit and checked onto the 'fire, only to read the total douchebag comment from the poster that I commented back to.

I am in no mood for such things.

You REAL proud of yourself, now, having got that off your shoulders.....?

That is some grotesque, and really sick chit, Mister.

GTC

I've had those same thoughts many times myself and came home and did exactly as you. Funny how an Internet tough guy can post post something so asinine without having the stones to back it up.
Mac,
I'm still at a loss at what that dude posted. Perhaps we're all misconstruing what he said?
Seems pretty clear now considering the silence.
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Originally Posted by CAMONICK

That's an interesting point, i've seen four different generations, that have been involved in criminal enterprise here in TN. I've met the 1st gen. moonshiner of the family who's in his eighties, sold illegal alcohol during the 50's, 60's, 70's.

I've met the son of the moonshiner who's in his late early 60's. He grew and sold MJ in the 80's & 90's, that along with stealing cars, and selling the parts.

I've met the 3rd gen. who's in their late 40's, who has been involved in both MJ, Meth. along with car/parts thefts.

The 4th gen. is primarily into selling Meth. and prescription Meds. and has no problem boosting a car, if need be. This all within the same family. The entire family have been professional criminals. The Southern version of the Sopprano's.
It seems like it's getting worse, compadre. Moonshining was just worthy of a giggle from folks. Pot growing, a bit worse, mainly due to its association with dirty, stinking, filthy hippies. Meth...mainly seen by common folks as the territory of true degenerates. Prescription abuse has been with us a long time and it seems like the history of it has yet to be written. It seems that we live in the Chinaman's proverbial, "interesting times".
Most locally made meth is made by meth addicts for their use and maybe they sell some of it. The pill sales around here (western side of WV) is controlled out of Detroit. Moonshine isn't as big here as people think. The drug dealing bunch load up several people of no means, clean them up and take them to Florida to get perscriptions filled for pills. They get a vacation, sleep in a clean bed and fed. The drug dealers get the pills.

No, you're not thinking.
Originally Posted by RickyD
No, you're not thinking.

Probably the most absurd statement ever seen on the 'fire.. JFC..
My mother was borne and raised in Harlan KY and it was one of my running around places growing up. Most of my Kin Folks live in Harlan. The movies tend to exaggerate the in breed hilly billy stuff , believe it or not Harlan is a great place. It used to be shine now it is drugs, mostly Oxycontin
When I was stationed at Ft. Knox Kentucky, I volunteered for the funeral detail. We got to travel a five state area around Kentucky, doing the military funerals. I always thought those people were very good people. Especially good memories of Wheeling, West Virginia.
We have people stealing cars, and selling the parts, and cooking meth here in Minnesota as well, I don't think it is confined to the Appalachian mountains. It is ignorant to stereotype those people. JMHO
whelennnut
whe..,

Well said. Worked in the eastern Ky, southern WV area most of my life. If you act like a man and treat others with respect you get along fine.

Act like a jerk and you will find trouble. Just as you would in any major city in the country.

O
They busted a meth lab locally yesterday. It even happens up here.
You'd be surprised at the amount of meth produced in the U.P. [bleep]'s made everywhere and anywhere nowadays.
anywhere in rural America is where meth production is at its highest...

no different locally here in Oregon...

I've got no use for drug users/abusers... and especially dealers.

illegal drug manufacture accounts for 1/3 of my home county here in Oregon's economy.. the local economy would collapse without the drug trade...

most of it ends up across the state line in California or up to Seattle....

no where is safe in this country any more...

only cure I know for it is death...
© 24hourcampfire