Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TexasRick
I'm thinking that if "US" Marshalls were anywhere except maybe Washington D.C......they got what they deserved.

We'll call if we "need" you....otherwise stay out of our lives.

eek eek eek

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=94425&catid=3
One U.S. Marshal Killed, Two Injured in Elkins Shooting
Updated Wednesday, February 16, 2011; 01:54 PM

Three deputy marshals were shot. A deputy and the suspect were killed.

ELKINS -- Authorities with several different law enforcement agencies were called to the scene of a fatal shooting in Elkins.
Around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, deputy U.S. Marshals were trying to serve an arrest warrant on Charles Smith, 50, at his house on Central Street, according to officials.

When they entered the home, Smith shot one deputy, in the neck. A second deputy was shot in the shoulder with a shotgun. The third deputy received facial injuries from shrapnel from the shotgun, Federal Magistrate Judge John Kaull said.

Officers returned fire, killing Smith, Kaull said.

Two of the deputies were taken to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, where they underwent surgery. One of the deputies died at the hospital, according to Kaull. The other deputy made it through surgery and officials with the U.S. Marshals said they hope for a full recovery.

The third deputy was taken to Davis Memorial Hospital in Elkins, where he was treated and released.

Smith was armed with both a .45 caliber handgun and a shotgun, Kaull said.

Judge Kaull issued the warrant for Smith, who was wanted on Federal drug charges, early Wednesday morning, he said.

In 2006, Smith was indicted by a Federal grand jury on a charge of possession with the intent to distribute crack cocaine.

Marshals had been looking for Smith since March 2010, according to the search warrant.

On Feb. 10, an Elkins police officer saw a man matching Smith's description, near the house on Central Street, the warrant described. The officer informed the deputies, who then filed the search warrant, Tuesday. You can read the full warrant at the link below.

Smith had lived in the house for about a year, neighbors said.

Authorities have blocked off the streets surrounding the house.

The state police, the FBI, U.S. Marshals and the Randolph County Sheriff's Department are on the scene.

The Elkins Fire Department also responded.

A news conference is expected later Wednesday.

Link to warrant

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
doesn't anyone watch Justified? Meth made it long ago into the hills!

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn shame the Marshall was killed and the other two were hurt, at least the A-Hole is DOA!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mntngoat

ML

that was my first reaction, scenario straight out of Justified.....hillbilly mafia selling shine, ho's, meth, protection...little loan sharking on the side.

when they start out inbred and ignorant, and then you stir in two generations of meth use.....you get a pretty nasty species of criminal.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by Mntngoat

ML

that was my first reaction, scenario straight out of Justified.....hillbilly mafia selling shine, ho's, meth, protection...little loan sharking on the side.

when they start out inbred and ignorant, and then you stir in two generations of meth use.....you get a pretty nasty species of criminal.
Yeah, Justified is real realistic.lol

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I happened to see the entire show for the first time last night. That's some scary schit up in those hills. That fat ugly skank who poisoned the moonshine for that extra chromosomed daddy of the victim girl kept me awake for a little longer than usual.

I hope I never have to stop for gas or take a leak anywhere near one of those places.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

go visit Harlan County's meth culture and get back to me on that.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The story stated that they were serving Fed. warrants. The article didn't state what the warrants were for. USMS normally serves both civil & criminal warrants out of Fed. Crt. My experience with the Feds regarding narcotics. Is that if it was a DEA or BATF or FBI, case. They'll serve the arrest warrants. The USMS gets the fugitive warrants and what comes out of Fed. Crt.

Serving criminal warrants is very dangerous. People are at their "fight or flight" stage during this process. The act of placing a person under arrest be it for a Misd. or Fel. can go bad fast.

Your larger areas, if they have a USMS office in that location, normally have local LEO's assigned to such things as, Fugitive Task Forces, to assist the USMS. The local LEO's know the area and many of those who the USMS are looking for.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Judge Kaull issued the warrant for Smith, who was wanted on Federal drug charges, early Wednesday morning, he said.

In 2006, Smith was indicted by a Federal grand jury on a charge of possession with the intent to distribute crack cocaine.

Marshals had been looking for Smith since March 2010, according to the search warrant.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
I happened to see the entire show for the first time last night. That's some scary schit up in those hills. That fat ugly skank who poisoned the moonshine for that extra chromosomed daddy of the victim girl kept me awake for a little longer than usual.

I hope I never have to stop for gas or take a leak anywhere near one of those places.
Despite what people think about Kansas being flat, the eastern 1/3 is generally pretty hilly. This story comes from an area called "the Kansas Ozarks". In actuality, the real Ozark mountains do come into Kansas a ways, but the real region is the Cross Timbers, which runs from Kansas down into Texas. Anyway, my advisor from college was supervising me on an internship. This old boy was a Yankee deeluxe. He misses a turn in his cute little red '64 1/2 Mustang convertible and ends up in this town a little ways south of where the wifey and I set up housekeeping. He stops at this defunct gas station to axsk directions and some typical denizen with no shirt and some like, cut off overalls saunters out, prolly with a lukewarm Pearl in-hand. Pretty-boy college prof asks his questions and degenerate hillperson says, "I really fancy yore car. It shore is purty." Scared college prof tells me all about it when he finally finds my school I'm working at way back in the hills. I hee hawed at his silly ass after he was gone. I think he thought the hillbilly was about to go all Deliverance on his [bleep] ass. bwaaaahahahhaa Sorry for the derail, but I thought it needed toldt.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
is..,

It's just a TV show. Nothing more. Meth is out of control in westbuhgawd. I think they've busted 4 labs in my small town of 8000 in the last month. It seems to take a bit of chemistry knowledge cook meth. Surprising for a bunch of dumb hillbillys, huh?

Most of the shine I've seen/heard about lately comes from virginia.

O

Too old to suffer fools
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

go visit Harlan County's meth culture and get back to me on that.

I dig Justified. New episode on FX tonight. I did some business travel to WV one time. I remember stopping in some out of the way small town for directions. Man, the characters in the gas station looked like they just stepped out of Deliverance. eek

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like to know the race of the suspect. Now whitey will smoke & sell crack, but crack & MJ, are homie's drug of choice. It would be a money maker up there.

It has a high addiction rate, to insure repeat customers, and you don't have to run around trying to get chemicals and other controlled items as you do to make meth. That and have everything smell like cat piss all the time your cooking. Unless your using the cold "shake & bake" method

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OUTCAST
is..,

It's just a TV show. Nothing more. Meth is out of control in westbuhgawd. I think they've busted 4 labs in my small town of 8000 in the last month. It seems to take a bit of chemistry knowledge cook meth. Surprising for a bunch of dumb hillbillys, huh?

Most of the shine I've seen/heard about lately comes from virginia.

O

It really doesn't take much to make Meth. you follow a recipe. The ingredients can be found in any drug and autoparts store & grocery store that you need. You can make it in a 2ltr. soda bottle without any heat source. You can make it in your car/truck, house/trailer/barn whatever.

Then throw all your evidence away in the garbage or in the ditch. Remember making Meth. is a business, it doesn't take a chemist to make it anymore. All the difficulty and chemical knowledge has been removed.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
money making hollers started with shine went to weed and have now progressed to meth, but all 3 are quite common in the mountains of WV,VA

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by TexasRick
I'm thinking that if "US" Marshalls were anywhere except maybe Washington D.C......they got what they deserved.

We'll call if we "need" you....otherwise stay out of our lives.

That's messed up.

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Texas Rick:

On Feb. 10, an Elkins police officer saw a man matching Smith's description, near the house on Central Street, the warrant described. The officer informed the deputies, who then filed the search warrant, Tuesday. You can read the full warrant at the link below.

"Looks like the locals did call the marshals when they needed them." GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

Stop in anytime.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Karnis
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Karnis
Maybe.Coulda been a rampfest.

Got ramps ? smile

Not many know what they are. Some powerful medicine.
boy ,I aint had a good mess of ramps, scense i went home to West Va. in the spring, 10 years ago to visit mom and dad , and go trout fishing with dad . mix them in some fried taters GGGGGOOOOODDDDD EEEAAATTTIINN grin grin

Last edited by rem shooter; 02/16/11.

NRA Life Member
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 204guy, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,621
Posts18,474,015
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.