Home
Posted By: gophergunner It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Left leg's been bugging me for a few days. A dull pain up in my hip joint. Grumbled about it long enough, so went in to see the doc today. She did a couple pokes and prods, a couple resistance tests and told me what I had is Trochanteric Bursitis.

Apparently it's from overuse. 'Told me to take it easy for a couple days, cut back on the walking and I should be okay. I probably walk about 5 miles every day. It's going to take a little strategic planning to cut that down at work on a daily basis. 'Really sucks to get old! She gave me some PT exercises to do and sent me home. Oh yeah-they busted me for not getting in for all that lovely 50 year checkup stuff, so I've got to get that set up. Yeehaw!

This gettin' old stuff really sucks! Jeez, I even qualify for a Senior's coffee at McDonalds, and AARP is sending me stuff! I ain't ready to be put out to pasture yet!
Posted By: Ruger 4570 Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Get used to it Amigo.... It doesn't get better as you age..
Posted By: Dale K Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Throw that AARp crap in the garbage, they're anti-gun. SOB's didn't even wait for me to turn 50, they're like vultures circling.

Any day above ground is a good day.

Dale
Posted By: gophergunner Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Outside of going to the dr., spent the whole day on the couch watching some really bad T.V. If I never watch Pawn Stars or Lizard Lick Towing again it'll be too soon. Not a decent war movie to be seen. It got so bad I all most resorted to watching some "outdoors" shows.
Posted By: TERRY8mm Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Preaching to the choir friend.

I had what the Dr. calls another T.I.A sometime last night.

I think it might be a little more. Seeing as how I can't remember a single password, NADA. Total blank.

Took till late today to remember I have a little password book.
Posted By: pal Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I'm 69. The best we have to look forward to is living long enough to develop these aches and pains.
Posted By: CaneSlinger Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Getting older is better than the alternative. grin
Posted By: 1096here Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I will be 63 in about two weeks. I nearly cashed in my chips when I was 35 (acute respiratory distress with sepsis). I have had nine tumors (eight caught early). I am an insulin dependent diabetic, my kidneys are shot, my left leg is almost two inches shorter than my right and now Z have neuropathies in both feet and both my hands. Doc says I have COPD from smoking.
Doc told me that I was a good candidate for disability. I applied and was denied. I wonder how all these people get it so easily. Maybe I have to act a little goofy or something.
In truth, I give a prayer of thanks each day for the good Lord giving me another day and for giving me the chance to work. Life is good. Hard some days, but always good.
God bless us all, especially us old folks.
Posted By: pira114 Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Originally Posted by 1096here

Doc told me that I was a good candidate for disability. I applied and was denied. I wonder how all these people get it so easily. Maybe I have to act a little goofy or something.

It's easy. Start smoking crack and get pregnant.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
My old man always said "Never Complain! Because you don't have to look too far
to find someone who is worse off than yourself..."

Not meant for you, 1096, but reading your post just got me thinking my old wore out knees aren't that bad after all....
Posted By: gophergunner Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
You guys are right-if this is all I have to worry about I'm better off than a lot of folks.
Posted By: mailmanmark Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Then you have people like my uncle that NEVER went to a doctor until he was 70 and is bitching now that he has to take a pill for hypertension.....where is the justice???....but like Dale K stated..." any day above ground is a good one..."
Posted By: benchman Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Outside of going to the dr., spent the whole day on the couch watching some really bad T.V. If I never watch Pawn Stars or Lizard Lick Towing again it'll be too soon. Not a decent war movie to be seen. It got so bad I all most resorted to watching some "outdoors" shows.
HAHAHAHA! I actually know, and have lifted with the people of Lizard Lick! Ronnie Shirley and Amy Vaughn are good people and VERY accomplished lifters. The show is pretty lame, with all their lifting buddies playing bad guys...laughed a LOT when I first saw it!
Posted By: JeffP40 Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I guess the good thing about senility is we can't remember how good we used to feel. smile
Posted By: flagstaff Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I have noticed that as I age, there are some benefits to help offset everything else.

The second thing that happens is your BS filter plugs, and therefore your ability to deal with BS is all but over.

But the first thing that happens is your give a damn breaks, therefore your willingness to repair the BS filter is all but non existent.

There are some benefits to aging.
Posted By: JAP Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Had a complete physical w/blood work last summer. Nada, nothing was found except for an enlarged prostate. But I'm only 58.

I feel better now than I did 30 years ago.

Jim
Posted By: MColeman Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
Preaching to the choir friend.

I had what the Dr. calls another T.I.A sometime last night.

I think it might be a little more. Seeing as how I can't remember a single password, NADA. Total blank.

Took till late today to remember I have a little password book.

I couldn't remember passwords to some sites until I solved the problem. My password is now my service number from when I was in the Air Force. It's alpha numeric and I capitalize the first letter when required. I never forget it.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Originally Posted by Ruger 4570
Get used to it Amigo.... It doesn't get better as you age..

It is NOT for the faint of heart!
Arthritis everywhere here as I care for my In Laws...89 and 84!
Now it looks like a need a left hip.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
and yet, with all the trials and tribulations of growing older, I prefer celebrating another birthday over the dirt nap alternative. laugh
Posted By: Penguin Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Man those overuse injuries suck. And soft tissue damage takes a long time to heal up so listen to your doc and try not to make it worse. Gotta take care of your wheels if you're gonna walk into the woods on opening day.

Will
Posted By: Southerntier8 Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I have suffered mild cases of trochanteric bursitis off and on for years. The trochanter is on the outside of your hip. If you are feeling pain down in the joint, I question your doctor's diagnoses.

I am just getting over a six month period where my bursitis was getting worse and more persistent than in the past. My regular doc wasn't much help, only offering to inject the area with something to numb it. Seeking relief, I went to see a bike fitter (I am a cyclist). Right away the fitter noticed that my ITB and hamstrings are really tight. His advice was to start stretching my ITB and to use a foam roller on it.

So I got one of these:

foam roller

With the stretching, using the roller and a little rest over the holidays my bursitis is gone. It didn't happen overnight but slowly over a couple of months.

Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I have had 4 cortisone shots in the last 2 years. Right hip has bursitis pretty bad. Tightens up overnight and loosens up during the day. My best treatment is to keep moving. BTW I just turned 62.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I bought my first pair of reading glasses last week, yuk...
Posted By: gunner500 Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I just turned 50, y'all best pick up the pace, I'm gaining on you fast. smile

Gunner
Posted By: kend Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I'm creeping up on 66. I visited a Doc that was a bit my senior not long ago and received some telling advice. To paraphrase, he said to weigh the good days against the bad and if you have more good than bad, try to live with the problem. Surgeons make money doing surgery. Often the surgery doesn't help and in some cases makes it worse.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Old age ain't for sissies---
if you don't like today, you damm sure ain't gonna like tomorrow

I will be 67 in Feb, but hey as long as I am walking on the grass, everyday is a good day
Posted By: slg888 Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Reading glasses & having to piss every morning at 6am irritates me.
Just had a DOT physical a couple months ago, cant figure out why, but still very glad to have 20/20.

Gunner
Posted By: Penguin Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Southerntier8, I've heard stories of foam rollers doing the almost miraculous. I've got one but it almost never gets used. I'm a runner and have flirted with ITB problems but changed up my stride a bit and it went away. Those long term struggles can be devastating and almost impossible to get rid of. If the foam roller worked then that is a real testament.

Will
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
73 25th March for me! "Old age...ain't for sissies!"....to quote my Dad who made 92!

The best thing about old age is watching all the stupid mistakes and moves young people make!!
Posted By: mark shubert Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Ah - 50+ means colonoscopy time! Prepare to revert to the fetal position! hehe

Mark
Been getting mentally prepared for that. cry

Gunner
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Hang in there, Jeff buddy.
Posted By: T LEE Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I got my wake up a couple years ago when I told my doctor I was tired of this getting old crap, he said "relax you are not getting old, you ARE old". frown frown
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13

Getting old ain't for sissies. By the way, you need to get netflix. You can watch the good stuff that way, and you don't have to watch commercials.
Posted By: bea175 Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
You learn at least one thing as you get old, that you are not invincible
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
All my life, I've been surrounded by people with various diseases and afflictions. Every time I came across some new problem, I made a conscious effort to tell my body "Never EVER get that." Health and longevity by sheer willpower was my goal.

I'm about to turn 66. I have normal hearing, am still 20/20 although I started using reading glasses when I was 55 - and still need only a 1.25 correction. I have no arthritis, no diabetes, no cancer, no aches or pains, I sleep through all night every night, have the prostate of a 30-year old, my cholesterol is 180 and my BP is 120/80. My doctor tells me that he loves seeing me for my physical because I'm the only completely normal man he sees. In other words, I'm in perfect health.

Willpower. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.
Posted By: coltchris Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
At 74, can relate to alot of the above posts. Was diagnosed with CHF with ejection fraction of about 44 ten yrs. ago; thought I was good as dead. Sore hips, shoulders, pissing all night, & the like are all part of the deal. Do all you can while you can! Thats why I'm hoping to get my WY elk draw this year, getting late and I've never shot one!
Originally Posted by bea175

I can shore guarantee ya that BEA, I split a bit over 2 rick of wood last week, at the conclusion of that little exercise I killed 2 quarts of Gatorade and was looking for an industrial sized oxygen tank. laugh

Gunner
Posted By: bucktales Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Yep, I started running out of "arm" in my mid-40's.
I have cheater glasses all over the place now.
Went for my physical last August. Everything was good cept for my Triglyceride level, which was a bit too high.

Changed my diet, cut a lot of junk out, lost 25 lbs. in 2 months. Bloodwork from a month ago said my Triglyceride level dropped 100, so I guess I did something right.
Posted By: bea175 Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Originally Posted by gunner500

I can shore guarantee ya that BEA, I split a bit over 2 rick of wood last week, at the conclusion of that little exercise I killed 2 quarts of Gatorade and was looking for an industrial sized oxygen tank. laugh

Gunner

You were just prepping yourself to have sex with the old lady
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

You were just prepping yourself to have sex with the old lady

I aint even gonna try to lie that big, I kaint hang wit that chick, she's a machine Main. grin

Gunner
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
I'm 78 and had I known I was going to live this long, I would have bypassed a lot, or some, of the things I used to do.

Butchered three times on account of cancer and face down of the back surgeon's table for over eight hours really ain't what I call fun but, hey, I'm still alive and able to wander around the Beartooths by myself and catch a stray fish up there once in a while so I ain't complaining. Actually guilty of doing a little bragging!
Posted By: mmgravy Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
CaneSlinger has it right......
Posted By: rattler Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
really sucks when your body decideds its gonna start getting old at 11.....at 31 im half crippled up, last doc that looked at x-rays and such of my back and knees says going by them he would swear i was in my mid 60's.....and that was 3 years ago.....nothing scares the chit out of me more than the thought of if this is how i feel now how am i gonna feel on my 50th birthday frown
Posted By: jpb Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I beat you by one week! frown

I inquired about surgery to lengthen my arms instead, but was refused.

John
Posted By: jpb Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/27/13
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
All my life, I've been surrounded by people with various diseases and afflictions. Every time I came across some new problem, I made a conscious effort to tell my body "Never EVER get that." Health and longevity by sheer willpower was my goal.

I'm about to turn 66. I have normal hearing, am still 20/20 although I started using reading glasses when I was 55 - and still need only a 1.25 correction. I have no arthritis, no diabetes, no cancer, no aches or pains, I sleep through all night every night, have the prostate of a 30-year old, my cholesterol is 180 and my BP is 120/80. My doctor tells me that he loves seeing me for my physical because I'm the only completely normal man he sees. In other words, I'm in perfect health.

You suck! grin

The only way that you could suck more if you were writing this during an safari for elephant! wink

John
Posted By: gophergunner Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/28/13
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Ah - 50+ means colonoscopy time! Prepare to revert to the fetal position! hehe

Mark
Yeah, the nurse kicked my azz about all that stuff, so I'll be going in for that lovely little event in a couple weeks here.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/28/13
Boy, aint' that the truth! I've been pretty lucky to have good health and no major crap all this time. Now every little ache and pain gets you thinking....

My daughter is in her senior year of high school and has played fastpitch for 10 years now. She's a pitcher and I have been her bullpen catcher for all that time. I never sat on a bucket until this year, but the old knees are feeling the wear and tear a bit. Now I get out of catching whenever we can get one of her real catchers to work for her. The other thing is, she throws so hard now it's kind of taking your life in your own hands to stand in for her.
Posted By: HughW Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/28/13
The wear and tear of sports in your youth can take a toll as you age. I turned 61 this year and the breaks, torn tendons and other issues do start to ache more in the morning and make me work through some of the activities I used to do with eaze. Not sure that with these that the golden years are yet to come.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/28/13
jpb, I have killed my elephant. He was pink (no fooling!) and I hated the necessity of doing it. I'll never kill another one. I probably won't kill another big game animal, as a matter of fact. If I ever go to Africa, I'll be armed with a camera. I'll love every minute of it, I'm sure.
Posted By: HankStone Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/28/13
I'm 73 and full of kinks,but the ARMY tought me one foot in front of the other,keep moving,I live by that tune..
Posted By: benchman Re: It sucks to get old! - 01/28/13
57 here. Recovery from intense exercise, you know, like dragging a deer out is a coupla days, instead of a coupla hours. Still setting world bench press records, so limit strength is still good. I do wonder how long that will hold out, but so far, so good. Looking to set a 181 drug free, all time bench record in April. Of course, I don't remember it being so hard to reach my feet to tie my shoes...Some things are good, others not so much. Interesting stuff. Hope I get to make good observations for at least another 30 years.
I don't mind the 6AM pees. It's those 12, 2 and 4 that bother me.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
Left leg's been bugging me for a few days. A dull pain up in my hip joint. Grumbled about it long enough, so went in to see the doc today. She did a couple pokes and prods, a couple resistance tests and told me what I had is Trochanteric Bursitis.

Apparently it's from overuse. 'Told me to take it easy for a couple days, cut back on the walking and I should be okay. I probably walk about 5 miles every day. It's going to take a little strategic planning to cut that down at work on a daily basis. 'Really sucks to get old! She gave me some PT exercises to do and sent me home. Oh yeah-they busted me for not getting in for all that lovely 50 year checkup stuff, so I've got to get that set up. Yeehaw!

This gettin' old stuff really sucks! Jeez, I even qualify for a Senior's coffee at McDonalds, and AARP is sending me stuff! I ain't ready to be put out to pasture yet!

Of course your doctor should be right.

The stretching exercises I was taught by the PT my doctor sent me to include lifting my leg to the side. For instance if you were lying on your side you would lift that leg as far as comfortable about 5 times. I do this every night.

The pain got so bad years ago that I could hardly move well. I went to my regular doctor and he sent me to an "arthritis" specialist in the city near here. After over a year the pain was so bad and all he offered were pain pills. Then the "arthritis specialist" wrote me a prescription for a hip replacement and made an appointment for me with a surgeon.

I said "no way" to myself and went back to an old doctor I had not seen for years. He is a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine). He examined me and said "you don't need a hip replacement, you have bursitis!"

He sent me to the PT next door and the stretching exercises eliminated the pain right away. I stopped the stretching and the pain came back. This was really a big deal for me and now I can move!

To add that if you need more information then PM me and I will give you the name of the PT I go to and more details.

I searched on the net and could not find the exercises that the PT gave me.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
The Dr. told me not to worry to much about old age. He said that it didn't usually last too long.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
If you watch animals you will see them stretching. It must be natural and necessary. When a housecat gets up it stretches!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
Originally Posted by JAP
Had a complete physical w/blood work last summer. Nada, nothing was found except for an enlarged prostate. But I'm only 58.

I feel better now than I did 30 years ago.

Jim

And your lying is improved as well. grin
47 here, a hard 47 with lots of aches and pains. Still durable once I get warmed up.

Posted By: Tom264 Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
Originally Posted by Mathsr
The Dr. told me not to worry to much about old age. He said that it didn't usually last too long.

Ok thats funny
Posted By: dogzapper Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13

My doctor loves my Personal Writing. Only a very few very trusted friends have full sets, but my good friend and physician, Dr. Ruggeri, has all of my Personal Writings.

My doc limits herself to TWO PAGES daily, after seeing her patients ... TWO PAGES a day.

About a week ago, she e-mailed me, "I laugh, I cry and I love my two pages of Steve daily."

Lately, Dr. Ruggeri told me that "It would be wonderful if you would write about BEING old."

BEING OLD. Not "getting older." Not "approaching old age." Not simply "aging."

BEING OLD. [bleep].

I'm 70 and I guess I AM old and that sucks in the extreme.

So, I've started a new Personal Writing piece entitled "[i]Being Old.[/i}

In truth, the new manuscript is coming along quite well. Hopefully, I will be able to finish it before I flippin' die grin

Blessings,

Steve

Posted By: las Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
If you let your body dictate, you are fugged! Bastid will come to expect being pampered... smile

Pushing 65 now, and blessed with good physical health. After retiring from a fairly non-physical job at age 62, I landed a half-time job as baggage/cargo handler for an airline. That "half-time position" averaged 60 hr/per week job for the first year or more, and was tough, especially since I was just 6 months out of rotator cuff surgery.... Brought my shoulder back into near 100% utility tho. And my best average physical shape in 30 years

Should have bought Excedrin stock.... smile

Fortunately, work-place attrition and a now nearly full roster has evolved into a now full-time job at 40 hours per week... plus overtime. And half way up the seniority list. I really wasn't planning on working this much!

My once -extincted little pot is coming back....

THANK YOU, BEER!

The down side is they expect me to be responsible....

Now, that short-term...whatever it's called.... That sucks!
Posted By: tbear Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
I'm 71 & think about all my friends that have passed. Miss them all. I have been to Africa three times, hunted most Western states, & Canadian Provinces. For almost 35 years I spent 100 days/year hunting & fishing. No weather condition was too severe to keep me from the water or woods. I still work part time job doing electrical design & have a full time job teaching security officers how to shoot & applicable laws & regulations. I have an artificial knee from a long ago football injury & a bad back. I do a lot of volunteer work with the Wounded Warriors, NRA, & SCI. I stay so busy I don't have time to dwell on my deteriorating physical problems. Stay active guys & enjoy what time you have left.
Posted By: MILES58 Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
Keerist!

I'm 65 and this week my plans include going out in the cold and trudging 5-8 miles through 1-2 feet of snow and try to whack a coyote or two. You wanna be old you gotta be tough.

Rocky... What's with this shot my last big game animal stuff? I have a lot of deer I need to be shooting yet before I quit. Me and a guy my age I hunt with are fixing to build a geezer box close to the cabin at deer camp so we can get there in a wheelchair if necessary.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
Well, the bursitis has ebbed. 'Sure hope this stays away for good now. It's interesting to read everyones posts here. This old age crap is nothing to mess with. I was down to 198 lbs. before winter, but have seen it creep up to 210 again. Still not bad considering I was at 290 lbs. before I started working on it. My goal is to get down to 185 lbs. and run a 5K this summer. I'd really like to get my knees feeling better too, as this will be the last chance I get to catch for my daughter. Ellie's graduating high school this spring, and entering her last season of high school softball. I'm the only bullpen catcher she's ever had, and it's been very hard for both of us to not share that bond any more. She will be going to college in the fall, and has all ready met her coaches, team mates, and her assigned bullpen catcher. Coach has all ready told me my catching duties are done, but it's tough for Dad to give that up. Hopefully, I can work with her this spring outside before her last season of 18U ball starts.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
Staying active and working smart not hard tends to leave people in better shape as they get older.

Posted By: Mannlicher Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
getting old does not always 'suck', but it sure ain't for the faint of heart. smile
Posted By: mrchongo Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
Originally Posted by slg888

Sweet! Wait 'til it's 2AM, then 4AM, THEN 6AM! Then tell me about it. laugh
Posted By: rob p Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
It's been up a month. I'm surprised I missed it! I have bursitis in my left shoulder from a rotor cuff tear. I've been told that the muscles holding the joint tear or get weak and the joint closes more than it should and you get pressure. You either rehab the muscles or take the weight off the joint. I had 6 months of therapy and do exercises, but it still hurts. Shoveling snow really hurts. Hey, I'm a landscaper. I have to dig. That and rake... That hurts too! I do exercises and take the hottest showers I can stand. I have a bad knee too and it's much the same. I have 3 different braces to wear. I have been told that the more I support the knee, the weaker it will get. I have a compression sock type brace, a brace with straps, and a brace with metal hinges and straps. I wear the brace with straps a lot out mowing and such. Then I take it off. Around the house, nothing. Icy Hot gel isn't a bad idea either. I get bad stomach aches from Advil but my doctor wants me to take 2 children's Advil a day. I do it when I'm hurting, which really helps but I take the morning one with a prilosec. I think the more you can do, the longer you will last. You just have to be careful.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
Originally Posted by tbear
I'm 71 & think about all my friends that have passed. Miss them all. I have been to Africa three times, hunted most Western states, & Canadian Provinces. For almost 35 years I spent 100 days/year hunting & fishing. No weather condition was too severe to keep me from the water or woods. I still work part time job doing electrical design & have a full time job teaching security officers how to shoot & applicable laws & regulations. I have an artificial knee from a long ago football injury & a bad back. I do a lot of volunteer work with the Wounded Warriors, NRA, & SCI. I stay so busy I don't have time to dwell on my deteriorating physical problems. Stay active guys & enjoy what time you have left.

We have a winner! This is it right here.
Posted By: mudhen Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
Just turned 70 and nothing is as easy as it used to be. After the last hunting season closed this month, I went to have my knee that has been limiting my mobility checked--arthritis. Was told to avoid stressful exercise, which is OK as the bicycle and the rowing machine are my primary cardio aids, but the daily four-mile walks are now every other day.

That's about the only thing slowing me down other than the consulting contracts that keep me glued to my computer as opposed to piddling in the gun room. Doc did say that I should be thinking about when I wanted to have knee replacement surgery. I told him that I would check in with him again in one year.
Posted By: silver78 Re: It sucks to get old! - 02/26/13
While I agree with you it's all relative. A friend of mine who I have known for almost 50 years recently told me this is better than having your prostate swell up so much that you can't pee at all.

Originally Posted by websterparish47
I don't mind the 6AM pees. It's those 12, 2 and 4 that bother me.
Originally Posted by slg888

Especially if you had to at midnight, 2 am, and 4 am.

Looks like there's more than one "midnight, 2 am, 4 am, and 6 am guys ..
Posted By: battue Re: It sucks to get old! - 03/03/13
Just hit 69 and life is good.

And all my rifles shoot .5s all day long. wink
Posted By: P_Weed Re: It sucks to get old! - 03/03/13

At the age of 18 I was sure that I would be dead at 30 - of old age.
© 24hourcampfire