Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Left leg's been bugging me for a few days. A dull pain up in my hip joint. Grumbled about it long enough, so went in to see the doc today. She did a couple pokes and prods, a couple resistance tests and told me what I had is Trochanteric Bursitis.

Apparently it's from overuse. 'Told me to take it easy for a couple days, cut back on the walking and I should be okay. I probably walk about 5 miles every day. It's going to take a little strategic planning to cut that down at work on a daily basis. 'Really sucks to get old! She gave me some PT exercises to do and sent me home. Oh yeah-they busted me for not getting in for all that lovely 50 year checkup stuff, so I've got to get that set up. Yeehaw!

This gettin' old stuff really sucks! Jeez, I even qualify for a Senior's coffee at McDonalds, and AARP is sending me stuff! I ain't ready to be put out to pasture yet!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Get used to it Amigo.... It doesn't get better as you age..

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Throw that AARp crap in the garbage, they're anti-gun. SOB's didn't even wait for me to turn 50, they're like vultures circling.

Any day above ground is a good day.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Outside of going to the dr., spent the whole day on the couch watching some really bad T.V. If I never watch Pawn Stars or Lizard Lick Towing again it'll be too soon. Not a decent war movie to be seen. It got so bad I all most resorted to watching some "outdoors" shows.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Preaching to the choir friend.

I had what the Dr. calls another T.I.A sometime last night.

I think it might be a little more. Seeing as how I can't remember a single password, NADA. Total blank.

Took till late today to remember I have a little password book.

IC B2

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm 69. The best we have to look forward to is living long enough to develop these aches and pains.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Getting older is better than the alternative. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will be 63 in about two weeks. I nearly cashed in my chips when I was 35 (acute respiratory distress with sepsis). I have had nine tumors (eight caught early). I am an insulin dependent diabetic, my kidneys are shot, my left leg is almost two inches shorter than my right and now Z have neuropathies in both feet and both my hands. Doc says I have COPD from smoking.
Doc told me that I was a good candidate for disability. I applied and was denied. I wonder how all these people get it so easily. Maybe I have to act a little goofy or something.
In truth, I give a prayer of thanks each day for the good Lord giving me another day and for giving me the chance to work. Life is good. Hard some days, but always good.
God bless us all, especially us old folks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1096here

Doc told me that I was a good candidate for disability. I applied and was denied. I wonder how all these people get it so easily. Maybe I have to act a little goofy or something.

It's easy. Start smoking crack and get pregnant.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My old man always said "Never Complain! Because you don't have to look too far
to find someone who is worse off than yourself..."

Not meant for you, 1096, but reading your post just got me thinking my old wore out knees aren't that bad after all....

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You guys are right-if this is all I have to worry about I'm better off than a lot of folks.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Then you have people like my uncle that NEVER went to a doctor until he was 70 and is bitching now that he has to take a pill for hypertension.....where is the justice???....but like Dale K stated..." any day above ground is a good one..."

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Outside of going to the dr., spent the whole day on the couch watching some really bad T.V. If I never watch Pawn Stars or Lizard Lick Towing again it'll be too soon. Not a decent war movie to be seen. It got so bad I all most resorted to watching some "outdoors" shows.
HAHAHAHA! I actually know, and have lifted with the people of Lizard Lick! Ronnie Shirley and Amy Vaughn are good people and VERY accomplished lifters. The show is pretty lame, with all their lifting buddies playing bad guys...laughed a LOT when I first saw it!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I guess the good thing about senility is we can't remember how good we used to feel. smile

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have noticed that as I age, there are some benefits to help offset everything else.

The second thing that happens is your BS filter plugs, and therefore your ability to deal with BS is all but over.

But the first thing that happens is your give a damn breaks, therefore your willingness to repair the BS filter is all but non existent.

There are some benefits to aging.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
JAP Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Had a complete physical w/blood work last summer. Nada, nothing was found except for an enlarged prostate. But I'm only 58.

I feel better now than I did 30 years ago.

Jim

Last edited by JAP; 01/27/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
Preaching to the choir friend.

I had what the Dr. calls another T.I.A sometime last night.

I think it might be a little more. Seeing as how I can't remember a single password, NADA. Total blank.

Took till late today to remember I have a little password book.

I couldn't remember passwords to some sites until I solved the problem. My password is now my service number from when I was in the Air Force. It's alpha numeric and I capitalize the first letter when required. I never forget it.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Ruger 4570
Get used to it Amigo.... It doesn't get better as you age..

It is NOT for the faint of heart!
Arthritis everywhere here as I care for my In Laws...89 and 84!
Now it looks like a need a left hip.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
and yet, with all the trials and tribulations of growing older, I prefer celebrating another birthday over the dirt nap alternative. laugh

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man those overuse injuries suck. And soft tissue damage takes a long time to heal up so listen to your doc and try not to make it worse. Gotta take care of your wheels if you're gonna walk into the woods on opening day.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1badf350, 1234, 160user, 16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 54 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,641
Posts18,474,477
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.