Home
Today is the day CO follows suit of NY. Four gun bills are being voted on at 10 am, and the democrats hold the majority.

These liberal hacks will suffer in the 2014 Mid Terms
Originally Posted by bea175

one can only hope

Snake
Looks like today is the day for alot of things concerning guns and legislature.Idaho has it's agenda coming up today also.

Representative Judy Boyle says at least two bills meant to bolster gun rights will be introduced Monday. Boyle says one measure would strengthen Idaho law enforcement agencies' ability to resist possible gun grabs by the federal government. Another would create a new category of concealed weapon permit requiring more training. Boyle says, that could convince more schools to allow guns on their campuses.

Good luck Colorado..

Jayco
Idaho, WY, MT all starting to look a lot better than Colorado.
Cali-rado
it is the beginning....
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Today is the day CO follows suit of NY. Four gun bills are being voted on at 10 am, and the democrats hold the majority.

Colorado time I presume.
I went to School at Colorado State University in Ft. Collins and my wife and I had planned to retire in that area in 2 or 3 years. That will not be happening now. I refuse to live with that mentality.
Revolution must start before its too late
Sure would like to see how much out of state money was spent on this fiasco and who it is from.
Best wishes to you all in CO..
I listened to the CO assembly feed on Friday and listening to some of those politicians mainly Fields its amazing she can tie her own shoes.

anyone see Magpuls comments this morning?
[Linked Image]

ML
Good luck Colorado...

[b][color:#3333FF]Here's the LIVE feed[/color][/b],..they're doing roll call right now...
Sad day for a state I once wished to retire to...no longer...good luck guys...2014 is not too far away...

Too bad freedom will suffer first.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Good luck Colorado...

[b][color:#3333FF]Here's the LIVE feed[/color][/b],..they're doing roll call right now...

Listening to the feed, now.

Those against are speaking common sense in opposition to the HB13-1224.

We'll see what happens.
Would save me 700+ dollars in the short term not having to mail in Deer and Elk Preference points if they approve this grin
The majority whip said that banning high capacity mags will make things more safe because they are used in 36-40% of fatal gun accidents.

WTF?

Also stating that most of the recent mass shooters were stopped while they were reloading.

Wow....
Originally Posted by RWE
The majority whip said that banning high capacity mags will make things more safe because they are used in 36-40% of fatal gun accidents.

WTF?

Also stating that most of the recent mass shooters were stopped while they were reloading.

Wow....

They are just passing along the whitehouse talking points
Originally Posted by RWE

WTF?

Wow....

They will tell any kind of outright lie in order to advance their agenda.
(D) Vigil has just said he will vote "NO" on all four bills.

Cites the 2nd Amendment, plain and simple.

HOLY SCHIT !!!

I just read this ...

http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLICS/CL...57B0100813CB5?Open&file=1224_eng.pdf

It's too long to copy and paste but dayum ...

There's hardly any exclusions to the sale or transfer of weapons and/or magazines that are considered high capacity. If you sell or transfer one of these you're guilty of a crime.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by RWE

WTF?

Wow....

They are just passing along the whitehouse talking points

Lock step with Dear Leader.
Originally Posted by BangPop
I went to School at Colorado State University in Ft. Collins and my wife and I had planned to retire in that area in 2 or 3 years. That will not be happening now. I refuse to live with that mentality.

Same here. Colorado was one of the places on our short list, but is off now.

Colorado was a cool state when I lived there from the '60 to '80s, and is has been the closest of places I could call home. No longer.

I worked on a rifle for one of my CSU profs, and carried it uncased through the halls of the dept. Might have raised an eyebrow or two, but no wholesale freakout. Carried a cased shotgun through downtown Manhattan (NYC) when I was a kid, taking it to a gunsmith. Another time, another world.

Paul
Originally Posted by fish head
HOLY SCHIT !!!

I just read this ...

It's too long to copy and paste but dayum ...

There's hardly any exclusions to the sale or transfer of weapons and/or magazines that are considered high capacity. If you sell or transfer one of these you're guilty of a crime.

Curious that the "Magpul Amendment" was added late Friday:

4 SHALL NOT APPLY TO:
5 (a) AN ENTITY, OR ANY EMPLOYEE THEREOF ENGAGED IN HIS OR
6 HER EMPLOYMENT DUTIES, THAT MANUFACTURES LARGE-CAPACITY
7 MAGAZINES WITHIN COLORADO EXCLUSIVELY FOR TRANSFER TO:
8 (I) A BRANCH OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES;
9 (II) A DEPARTMENT, AGENCY, OR POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THE
10 STATE OF COLORADO, OR OF ANY OTHER STATE, OR OF THE UNITED
11 STATES GOVERNMENT;
12 (III) AFIREARMS RETAILER FOR THE PURPOSE OF FIREARMS SALES
13 CONDUCTED OUTSIDE THE STATE;
14 (IV) A FOREIGN NATIONAL GOVERNMENT THAT HAS BEEN
15 APPROVED FOR SUCH TRANSFERS BY THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT;
16 OR
17 (V) AN OUT-OF-STATE TRANSFEREE WHO MAY LEGALLY POSSESS
18 A LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE; OR
19 (b) AN EMPLOYEE OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES WHO
20 BEARS A FIREARM IN THE COURSE OF HIS OR HER OFFICIAL DUTIES:
21 (I) ABRANCH OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES; OR
22 (II) A DEPARTMENT, AGENCY, OR POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THE
23 STATE OF COLORADO, OR OF ANY OTHER STATE, OR OF THE UNITED
24 STATES GOVERNMENT; OR
25 (c) A PERSON WHO POSSESSES THE MAGAZINE FOR THE SOLE
26 PURPOSE OF TRANSPORTING THE MAGAZINE TO AN OUT-OF-STATE ENTITY
27 ON BEHALF OF AN ENTITY DESCRIBED BY THIS SUBSECTION (3).
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by RWE

WTF?

Wow....

They are just passing along the whitehouse LIES

revised for accuracy
If you like to wear tights while riding your mountain bike and don't own any guns, don't fish, don't hunt, enjoy shopping at big box stores, prefer chain restaurants, and drive a Prius ...

Fort Collins is the "best in the world".

^^^ That's somewhat facetious but not far from the truth.
I hope Representatives from MagPul are there and will tell them, you vote for this bill and our company is out of the State of Colorado
OMG.

The current lib has stated that pheasant hunters can only have 3 rounds, so why are we giving more protection to pheasant than to innocent citizens.

I didn't get her name, too busy choking.
I refuse to watch it. mad
If you like to wear tights while riding your mountain bike and don't own any guns, don't fish, don't hunt, enjoy shopping at big box stores, prefer chain restaurants, and drive a Prius ...

Fort Collins is the "best in the world".

^^^ That's somewhat facetious but not far from the truth.

My ex wife met some joker on e-Harmony.com and moved to Ft. Collins. Now I see why.
Been a good debate so far, FWIW.

One speaker said that his private business is in firearms training for Gov't and citizens. The bills will kill better than 60% of his business and he too will be relocating if passed.

The lady representing MagPul's district just refuted all the "lower homicide rates"

Carole Murray just cited the earlier whiner about pheasant hunters, and said that we, the citizens, are not the hunters, we're the pheasants, and the only fair chase would be to ensure the birds were armed. BOOYAH!

Damn... I'm moving to FoCo next year. Maybe Wyoming might be a better option...

And the coup de grace is the Minority whip asking the bill sponsor, (paraphrasing) "If you really thought that the magazines were so dangerous, why did you put in the magpul amendment at the last moment to allow them to keep producing a weapon of war you feel is so devastating in order to ship to other states? If they really are that bad, why are you so unconcerned with other states?"
Lots of good points being made by the speakers against the bill.

One guy said, "The second amendment is not about hunting, it is certainly not about protecting ourselves against pheasants." laugh
Cheyenne ain't far...
When do they vote on this dammed thing.
Originally Posted by Tanner

Let me know when you get here, I'm 5 min from Fort Collins
Sorry to see you have your own Shiela Jackson Lee.
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Sounds good man! I'm going to try to bow hunt near Walden next year... maybe you can point me in some right directions.
You know you live in a great country when you have a Slave like Shiela Jackson Lee in office
Voting on the first one just starting..
Passed.

Sounds good man! I'm going to try to bow hunt near Walden next year... maybe you can point me in some right directions.

I've hunted that area every year since '94, maybe I could help some
Smoke dope, take away the guns.....pathetic.
CO just got it shoved up their collective asses!
Why would you want to move to Coloradfornia???
The magazine bill:

34 aye, 31 nay.

It passed.
Texas is a fine place

Snake
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Got any room out there in Montana, Pat?

I'm ashamed....
I will never apply for another Colorado hunting license
Originally Posted by Tracks

That'd be awesome, too. Thanks Tracks.

Good cause I haven't spent a bunch of time there grin
Look at the bright side. Colorado may go red in 2016.
Got any room out there in Montana, Pat?

I'm ashamed....

Come on out.....it's not your fault what they're doing there. There's plenty of room for "good guys" here.
Large cap mag ban just passed, on to 1229 concerning selling to friends and neighbors.

damn bastids!
At least the killing will stop

(sarcasm off)
voting for a Democrat has it consequent damages to you freedom no matter what they promise in their campaign speeches

All things considered FoCo is not a bad place to live. I just have a pizzy attitude about it. It was a huge culture shock moving here from Alaska and I miss the outdoors opportunities I left behind.

One more nail in the coffin though with the passage of high capacity magazine ban. I need to move.
I find it interesting that Wyoming is the most fiscally responsible state in our Country, and they've never voted Democrat...
Cryin' shame. I don't see how mag bans and "assault weapon" bans can stand in light of the SCOTUS decision in US v Miller in the 1930s.

Ernie
Absolutely sickening.

Travis
I thought it only passed the house and still has to go to the senate?
When they passed it , it put smiles on a lot of Lawyers faces.
Originally Posted by EWY
Cryin' shame. I don't see how mag bans and "assault weapon" bans can stand in light of the SCOTUS decesion in US v Miller in the 1930s.

Ernie

"Of common use at the time"

I really hope that all this crap gets pushed to SCOTUS and they settle the issue once and for all.
Doesn't this have to go to the Senate for a vote?
Is anyone protesting at the capital, or just taking it like a "man"?

We have become such wimps. The government knows they can do anything to anybody and no one will do a thing. This is where they wanted us: this is where we are. Complacent middle and upper middle class drones deathly afraid to do anything for fear of losing some wealth or status not realizing they will soon to be shipped to the re-education camps from which few will emerge and none intact.

This is how the loss of liberty begins. Not with a bang but with a wimper.
Partisan composition of the Colorado State Senate

Party As of February 2013
Democratic Party 20
Republican Party 15
Total 35

frown

Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by EWY
Cryin' shame. I don't see how mag bans and "assault weapon" bans can stand in light of the SCOTUS decesion in US v Miller in the 1930s.

Ernie

I really hope that all this crap gets pushed to SCOTUS and they settle the issue once and for all.

John Roberts will ensure they/we stay [bleep]. Just like obamacare. Scum, the lot of 'em.

Deja vu all over again and it's no friggin' joke.

I have the same feeling, right now, as when Hussein won reelection. mad
They done this on President Day for Obama their Lord and Savior .
damn. I feel for you guys- the libs must be giddy with two states now under their belts. Something better happen pretty soon to squash this crapp or we're going to get steamrolled, at least in every blue state.
Originally Posted by oulufinn
Originally Posted by EWY

Ernie

John Roberts will ensure they/we stay [bleep]. Just like obamacare. Scum, the lot of 'em.

Yep. He has a lot more faith in the SCOTUS than I do.
The congested metro sink holes make policy for the rural areas as if they did not exist.

That has been Michigan's dilemma for years. It makes me sick to live in a outdoor state where the lives of rural folk are sheep-herded around by academia "thinkers" unschooled by real world experience, affluent urban sheeple ignorant of rural ways, and the voting block minions of compromised non-producers sucking on the government teat.

Am sorry to see the infection spread in Colorado...
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Passed.
Un-fricken-believable! Will never survive SCOTUS scrutiny.
I will never apply for another Colorado hunting license
Me neither.
To those that asked, I suspect this does have to go to the Senate as well.

Marijuana good big Magazines no good . It is a Lib thing
Originally Posted by NathanL
Aren't state senates usually more liberal than state houses?
The best way to punish Colorado is stay home next hunting season or go to another state. Money talks , especially a lack of of it going to the State
Deja vu all over again and it's no friggin' joke.

I have the same feeling, right now, as when Hussein won reelection. mad
Just send all your "high cap" mags to me, fish.
Originally Posted by tomk
The congested metro sink holes make policy for the rural areas as if they did not exist.

That has been Michigan's dilemma for years. It makes me sick to live in a outdoor state where the lives of rural folk are sheep-herded around by academia "thinkers" unschooled by real world experience, affluent urban sheeple ignorant of rural ways, and the voting block minions of compromised non-producers sucking on the government teat.

Well said.
Colorado folks, I feel your pain.
Colorado, NY Legislature Logic.... cry

[Linked Image]
The best way to punish Colorado is stay home next hunting season or go to another state. Money talks , especially a lack of of it going to the State

Yeah but we would be punishing the guys who need our business and not the hippie counterculture. That said I would not go there again ever and I have a lot of Deer and Elk preference points built up in Co and WY.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Passed.
Obamacare wasn't supposed to survive either... Keep that in mind..

The dems have John RINO Roberts in their court.. (PUN!!) smile
Now I know why folks in co really don't give a [bleep] about this. My bud down there said oh I'm grandfathered in I just can't sell mine or buy them now... If this how majority of gun owners think we are [bleep]
Originally Posted by Redneck
Passed.

I'd rather have Rino Roberts making the decision than an Obama appointee. This very group of "conservative and rino" Justices have delivered 2 of the biggest second amendment wins in the SCOTUS to date.

I really wish people would stop the doom and gloom with this, you simply cannot draw a comparison between the Obamacare decision and a 2nd Amendment issue. The court has continuously ruled in our favor on this and the makeup has not changed.

What people need to be worried about is that one of the justices dies or retires and Obama gets to nominate a Justice before these issues are heard by the court.

Lets get this thing settled NOW!
Passed.

True. May he receive his just reward for his treachery. mad
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jHmxY7zE5uc[/video]
Is there a website where you can see how the traitors voted?
Originally Posted by NathanL
Aren't state senates usually more liberal than state houses?

Not in Kentucky or Indiana, both states have "R" Senates in control, and both are a good deal more conservative than the state houses.
Passed.

I'd rather have Rino Roberts making the decision than an Obama appointee. This very group of "conservative and rino" Justices have delivered 2 of the biggest second amendment wins in the SCOTUS to date.
The operative words there are "to date".

I really wish people would stop the doom and gloom with this, you simply cannot draw a comparison between the Obamacare decision and a 2nd Amendment issue. The court has continuously ruled in our favor on this and the makeup has not changed.

What people need to be worried about is that one of the justices dies or retires and Obama gets to nominate a Justice before these issues are heard by the court.
Not doom/gloom - just a warning that just because the rulings 'to date' have been just peachy does NOT mean the next ruling won't go 180 out.. Gotta keep all that in mind my friend..

Lets get this thing settled NOW!
On that, I couldn't agree more..
Originally Posted by BarryC
Is there a website where you can see how the traitors voted?

Will have to wait for the site to be updated but:

http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLICS/CLICS2013A/csl.nsf/BillFoldersHouse?openFrameset

Bill numbers 1224, 1226, 1228, and 1229 IIRC
Below is part of what I just sent to our local rep.

>>>>>>>>>>

Representative Wright,

I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for voting the way you did and for speaking about what you did during the debate/vote today on today's magazine ban bill. I am a Mesa County resident and have never written in to your office before today. Put me in the camp that is slapping their collective heads that this bill was even drafted. We'd better all pray that we are parents to that 16th child, because the first 15 killed by those first 15 rounds are simply being written off because these foolish bills are much easier to draft than tackling real problems, like why do so many Americans want to kill other Americans? Why can someone as a friend/educator/supervisor not proactively seek, for someone else, mental health help because odds of being sued greatly outnumber odds of getting shot?

Anyway, thank you for picking up on the unabashed hypocrisy that the "Magpro Rider" represented in the bill. I was just making that same point to some colleagues. I would have more respect for the other side if they would just have owned up and stood behind their principles that anything and everything to do with "evil magazines" is bad. But to say "well, we do want your tax revenue, we just don't want to foster an environment friendly to your business" is the very definition of political hypocrisy. Corruption driven by money, while it may fall within the letter of the law, is still corruption. And voters like me care.

You know you live in a great country when you have a Slave like Shiela Jackson Lee in office

Once a biatch, always a biatch and my memory of her [bleep] began with Houston City Council.
From what I understand, there is an incredibly slim chance of turning some of the Democrats in the CO senate. They are getting a lot of pressure from the White House to pass this and a lot of pressure from the people of CO to vote against. This will point out that their true loyalty lies to the party. Just like in the Soviet Union.
Wonder if Magpull is staying or leaving CO?
Colofornicated? Up to the voters in 2014, or the lawyers toot sweet. Just watched the debate and passage. What a pile of commies they have.
Why wouldn't something this big go to a vote of the people?
We're seeing the face of a soft-revolution: New York, California, Washington, Colorado, etc, and the leftists aren't going to stop until they win on their terms.

The America people will take it, as long as they can watch football/basketball/etc. and buy a six-pack of Buttwiper the dismantling of our rights will not stop until all 50 states are practically gun-free.

The re-introduction of wolves to areas that have been wolf-free for over a century will continue unabated, that's another tactic for wiping out the reason anybody needs a gun for "hunting": no deer/elk, no hunting.

The attack on lead bullets and the closure of target ranges due to "lead pollution" is the tactic to eliminate "sporting purposes" as a reason for gun ownership.

The enemies of gun-owners know damn well what they're doing and most gun-owners refuse to see the big picture for fear of being called a "conspiracy nut".

We can march/protest all we want, that's a freebie from the left because it costs them nothing to hear the wailing of gun-owners.

As for voting the bums out, the mask was ripped off of that lie last November when returns in various districts/precincts were 100% or higher for Obama. Name one Republican representative or senator who was outraged by the blatant fraud.

So, have they now passed the entire package of bills?
Thank you Jeff Olsen, Hunter01, Nasqam (or whatever the [bleep]) etc etc.
Another good state down the sewer. Move to the good states guys, it only gets better.
Colorado hasn't been a good state for over 20 years.
Wait until the big push for Canadian grey wolves into Colorado.

Say good bye to your deer and elk herds.

It's coming
So...any parts of their gun control bill restrict those nasty assault weapons?
I'm not an optimist so much as I'm a realist. The truth can be mighty unpleasant.

Here's the other shoe dropping: FedGov tells states to change their laws to follow the will of D.C. or lose highway funding. Didn't Jimmy Carter do that to get his 55mph national speed limit? Likewise for the national age limit for drinking being raised to 21. The horse has already escaped from the barn on that deal, Abraham Lincoln started the war on states rights back in 1861 and FedGov hasn't let up ever since.
Originally Posted by ingwe
So...any parts of their gun control bill restrict those nasty assault weapons?

Not directly but it does ban ext mag/tube shotguns that can hold over five rounds. Here's the bill ...

How about we just ignore the Bastards rules as much as possible.
I'm not going to register anything, and I'm keeping what I've got.
They ignore the constitution, their law is illegal

That is the ONLY thing to do my freind....

When the laws become oppressive, the law-abiding will break them.....

That's a good first step. I started that myself, years ago.

I quit ignoring laws I disagree with a long time ago, just ain't been caught yet.
Exactly.. Do NOT comply.. Ignore the bastids..

Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I'm not an optimist so much as I'm a realist. The truth can be mighty unpleasant.

Here's the other shoe dropping: FedGov tells states to change their laws to follow the will of D.C. or lose highway funding. Didn't Jimmy Carter do that to get his 55mph national speed limit? Likewise for the national age limit for drinking being raised to 21. The horse has already escaped from the barn on that deal, Abraham Lincoln started the war on states rights back in 1861 and FedGov hasn't let up ever since.
Yep. First card from the Feds deck - 'you get NO highway funding'.. Ok, then the states should just reply, 'Fine, we'll just keep all our tax collections IN state and you can kiss your highway money income from CO goodbye..

To the good folks in CO., I hope and pray some lawyer will take up the cause and sue the snot outta your gov't..
I really feel bad for all in Colorado cause I know how it feels; seein' as how I'm in western NY state. Around here there's a lot of resistance and protest. Starting to look like there may be massive non-compliance and that's what I'm hoping for. Screw 'em all.

Yep. Absolutely pathetic.

To the good folks in CO., I hope and pray some lawyer will take up the cause and sue the snot outta your gov't..

I don't think they have a clue of the hell they have started.
Gonna be political warfare.
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Wonder if Magpull is staying or leaving CO?

They'll leave
I hope so.
It still has to pass the Senate, where the dems have a 20-15 advantage. I read in the Denver Post how Biden called house dems to urge them to pass these. In Wyoming, if an out-of-stater called you about a state legislative item, they'd tell you to GFY.
Originally Posted by Batchman

Because "the people" are not to be trusted.

They must rely on the wisdom of the ruling elite to do all of their "thinking" for them. crazy
Originally Posted by Batchman
I think that the overall matter will - in CO in 2014.
Too many lefty tree huggers in CO to make a difference for the vote. Unfortunately I have relatives that live there and want to visit them. Fat chance now.

Too many left coasters live there.
I just went and read the bios of state senators from moderate areas and I can't believe what I am reading.

Steadman - openly gay - just sponsored civil unions bill
Ubillari - Social justice activist and openly gay.
Tochtrop - Recently honored by Colorado Trial Lawyers assoc.
Newell - (won her seat by 195 votes thanks to marijuana) volunteered for Season for Non-Violence, Stalking Rescue, AXIS Intervention and Training Institute, and The Conflict Center
Kefalas - Lobbyist and former educator, moved to Colorado from Greece 30 years ago. Won seat in heavily gerrymandered district
Morse - President of the Senate and represents a gerrymandered district in Colorado Springs that includes Manitou Springs (West) and Far eastern Colorado Springs.
Johnston - Educational advisor to Obama's 2008 campaign. And it goes on and on...

We're [bleep].

The senator from Magpuls district is a democrat and I don't believe he will vote to save jobs in his own district.

Kinda ironic, here is a pic of the Colorado State house.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I just went and read the bios of state senators from moderate areas and I can't believe what I am reading.

Newell - (won her seat by 195 votes thanks to marijuana) volunteered for Season for Non-Violence, Stalking Rescue, AXIS Intervention and Training Institute, and The Conflict Center
Kefalas - Lobbyist and former educator, moved to Colorado from Greece 30 years ago. Won seat in heavily gerrymandered district
Morse - President of the Senate and represents a gerrymandered district in Colorado Springs that includes Manitou Springs (West) and Far eastern Colorado Springs.
Johnston - Educational advisor to Obama's 2008 campaign. And it goes on and on...

We're [bleep].

The senator from Magpuls district is a democrat and I don't believe he will vote to save jobs in his own district.

You did not say that any of them were from Communist California. How can we be the cause of all of your problems
A very sad day indeed...
It still has to pass the Senate, where the dems have a 20-15 advantage. I read in the Denver Post how Biden called house dems to urge them to pass these. In Wyoming, if an out-of-stater called you about a state legislative item, they'd tell you to GFY.

when push comes to shove virtuallly every democrat is a communist who will follow orders from the comrades....this rape of the citizens of Colorado should be a freaking wake up call to all the morons who believed otherwise.
Colorado is a State that can still be turned. This is where the NRA can, and will, try to make a difference in upcoming elections.

I believe that the democrats only hold a 3 or 4 seat majority in the State Senate.

In the meantime, every gun owner and sportsmen and sportswomen should put in an all out effort to sign everyone possible in the NRA.

Colorado...you can fight this.
Originally Posted by Harry M
Colorado is a State that can still be turned. This is where the NRA can, and will, try to make a difference in upcoming elections.

I believe that the democrats only hold a 3 or 4 seat majority in the State Senate.

In the meantime, every gun owner and sportsmen and sportswomen should put in an all out effort to sign everyone possible in the NRA.

Colorado...you can fight this.

We all hope for the country to wake up and start back on the road to our freedoms but it seems like little by little we are going in the wrong direction with nothing in sight of when we are going to be able to turn it around. Lets hope that it it sooner than latter

We're [bleep].

As I've always said about Colorado, it's a beautiful place to visit but I sure wouldn't raise my family there.
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tg47nIGgjG0[/video]
I've tried to figure out what each bill is and what it means, I'm having a hard time breaking it down, is there someone who can provide the short skinny version of each and if they passed, or did all of them pass?
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Kinda ironic, here is a pic of the Colorado State house.

[Linked Image]

Yep. Very.
I'm having a hard time breaking it down,

From what I watched yesterday, if you take your kid shooting, the gun he shoots must be registered to him, or you both get a felony. If you lend a gun to a friend without it being registered to him, you get a felony.
House Bill 1224 � Bans magazines with a capacity greater than fifteen rounds. Passed house today on final reading - Goes to Senate.

House Bill 1226 � Repeals current law allowing individuals with a concealed carry permit to carry a firearm for self-defense on a college or university campus. Passed house today 34-31 on final reading - Goes to Senate.

House Bill 1228 � Imposes a �gun tax� for a background check when purchasing a firearm. Passed house today 33-32 on final reading - Goes to Senate.

House Bill 1229 � Criminalizes the private transfer of a firearm. Passed house today 36-29 on final reading - Goes to Senate.

Only one Democrat voted against all four measures:

Early in the guns debate Monday, Rep. Ed Vigil, D-Fort Garland, stood at the well of the House � with the entire GOP caucus standing at the same time � and said he would vote against all four gun bills. Vigil described how his family came to Colorado in the 1850s.

"They carried weapons to settle this land. This is part of our heritage," he said. "I cannot turn my back on that."

Originally Posted by shreck
I quit ignoring laws I disagree with a long time ago, just ain't been caught yet.

I have been outside the Law most of my life. I have carried a pistol since i was 15 or 16 and now as a older man doing it legal with a carry permit.
Re: House Bill 1224 they still never clarified what happens to all the existing standard cap magazines in the state, if say I get pulled over and the trooper sees one. Whats to say I didn't go to Utah or Wyoming to just buy it. I could say I've say it prior to the ban. Just wait for magazine registration to be implemented.

ML
The solution isn't to leave the state, it is to remain and beat the bastards at their own game.Leaving is what they want you to do. They will chase you around the country all the while the pot of warm water becomes a boiling pot of water - and you're cooked.

House Bill 1229 � Criminalizes the private transfer of a firearm. Passed house today 36-29 on final reading - Goes to Senate.

This is the one that gets me. I can see how the Libs could pass the others but I would have never imagined that a private transaction would be deemed illegal.

Are there that many imbeciles in Colorado, or did the Sun, Planets and Stars align just so in the last election, that they got a majority in both houses to vote this in.?

Surely the bulk of CO can't think like this.?
Sandy Hook has broken the dam on the assault on the 2A. It was just a matter of time when something like that occirred. With Skeeter re-elected there is no reason for him to be timid. Its full speed ahead with the socialist agenda. I wonder what his third term will look like?

This is the one that gets me. I can see how the Libs could pass the others but I would have never imagined that a private transaction would be deemed illegal.

Are there that many imbeciles in Colorado, or did the Sun, Planets and Stars align just so in the last election, that they got a majority in both houses to vote this in.?

It's because so many crimes are committed by lawful owners who sell their guns to other lawful citizens... NOT.
Sandy Hook did was Fast and Furious was supposed to do.

Mntngoat....I watched some of the proceedings on Friday, and Rep. Gardner (R) and some other (R)'s were asking similar, good and valid questions of the bill sponsor's and it sounds like they asked similar questions in committee and got no real answers. In fact, the "answers" I heard were along the lines of, "Our law enforcement officers are very capable and will be able to handle these situations"! Scary....as if the LE community makes the laws when they aren't written clearly. I absolutely couldn't believe what I was hearing from the folks who were in session to actually "make/pass" laws. The R's were asking great questions and the D's basically blew them off, and if they responded at all they said either the quote above or "You're making all these hypothetical situations that are unlikely to occur". I was dumbfounded and totally dismayed that these D clowns were in office and supposedly representing the citizens of Colorado. It was a disheartening circus to watch. In fact, one of the D clowns took time on TV to mention (on official record), that he had cupcakes at his desk for those wanting some; yet when a R was stating that the House would have saved more lives by considering a bill againse abortion, she was scolded and told to limit her comments to "the bill on the floor".
WOW, this really sucks.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I'm having a hard time breaking it down,

From what I watched yesterday, if you take your kid shooting, the gun he shoots must be registered to him, or you both get a felony. If you lend a gun to a friend without it being registered to him, you get a felony.
Been that way in the state of New York for as long as I've been alive. You cannot even touch a handgun in the state of New York if it's not registered in your name, let alone shoot it.

The Denver/Boulder corridor is heavily Californicated, a liberal bastion. There is no end to the stupidity they can commit.
It is so very well established now that police departments, in general, do not see it as their role to protect the individual citizen - or even a group of citizens.

If a fellow legislator in CO said "Our law enforcement officers are very capable and will be able to handle these situations!", it would be simple enough to ask them to explain how very effective the police were in "handling" the shootings/deaths at Columbine HS and at the theater in Aurora - and to explain how another incident would see anything different.

Now, whether or not the demonitwit would answer - - - -
And the world laughs.....at us.

Sad day when our "leaders" act like children. Sadder still that we elected them to "represent" us.
Most of the local LEO will "handle" things by enforcing any laws that give them an upper hand over we lowly civilians.
I won't be following ANY of these new laws, and I have many friends here in the state that have voiced the same. The state of Colorado can kiss our rosy red asses. Mark my words, if they make it a felony for violating any of these new gun laws - people will die before they'll give up their right to keep their guns. Things are coming to a head, and this just brings us one more step closer to a full blow rebellion.

I hope everybody boycotts the state, I hope and pray that Magpul pulls up stakes and leaves, and I also hope that the passing of these laws brings the state of Colorado to its knees. SCREW the f*cking Democrats in this state. May everyone of the stupid SOB's step in front of a bus and die a long and lingering death.
Originally Posted by slymule
I won't be following ANY of these new laws, and I have many friends here in the state that have voiced the same. The state of Colorado can kiss our rosy red asses. Mark my words, if they make it a felony for violating any of these new gun laws - people will die before they'll give up their right to keep their guns. Things are coming to a head, and this just brings us one more step closer to a full blow rebellion.

I hope everybody boycotts the state, I hope and pray that Magpul pulls up stakes and leaves, and I also hope that the passing of these laws brings the state of Colorado to its knees. SCREW the f*cking Democrats in this state. May everyone of the stupid SOB's step in front of a bus and die a long and lingering death.

You feel about Colorado the same way I feel about California.
I could not have said it better. I feel that soon we will be acting on our words but we can only hope that it does not get that far.
Being a native of CO and being here for 58 years, yes this state has changed and it really started in the late 60's. That army of "non-conformists" in the bell bottoms and tie-dyes showed up and never left, filling up first Boulder then down the road into Denver. Eventually their ideas hit into the political structure of the I25 corridor and I70 from East of Denver on through Glenwood.

The democratic party has used CO for a step to get into the Washington Mix, and has learned to also give lies, false statistics, expose their own individual fantasies to get the people to follow. Most folks here as in the rest of the country are too busy trying to ekk a living that they have no time to follow up on contrived "facts", but are faced with the lies perpetrated on them.

I do not need to go further on this, we all know what I am talking about. My point is this though - you guys in WY, MT, UT, NV, NM and AZ, think your beyond what is happening, I have traveled in those states, its there and active like cancer. Fight it best you know how, but it will grow if not kept in check.
Originally Posted by tomk

TOM. If our Govenor don't Stop His [bleep] we are Headed this way also.
I for One am Not going to take any more, Hell it aint worth livin in a State were you can't live somewhat like a "Free" American. I am ready to go to war to Stop this [bleep] any DAY/Night... Lets Roll......
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
Being a native of CO and being here for 58 years, yes this state has changed and it really started in the late 60's. That army of "non-conformists" in the bell bottoms and tie-dyes showed up and never left, filling up first Boulder then down the road into Denver. Eventually their ideas hit into the political structure of the I25 corridor and I70 from East of Denver on through Glenwood.

The democratic party has used CO for a step to get into the Washington Mix, and has learned to also give lies, false statistics, expose their own individual fantasies to get the people to follow. Most folks here as in the rest of the country are too busy trying to ekk a living that they have no time to follow up on contrived "facts", but are faced with the lies perpetrated on them.

I do not need to go further on this, we all know what I am talking about. My point is this though - you guys in WY, MT, UT, NV, NM and AZ, think your beyond what is happening, I have traveled in those states, its there and active like cancer. Fight it best you know how, but it will grow if not kept in check.

dont forget Wa. State in that list

We're [bleep].

looks like CO legislature needs an enema and a douche
Would it be right to assume you couldn't even teach your own kids how to shoot, since they are to young to have registered weapon, and are not allowed to handle one unless its registered to them?
Next thing you know there will be gun co-owners
I feel bad for you guys..... even after this has passed you are still not even close to the bs we have here in CA, but for any jackazz that ran his piehole about CA, NY, etc. sportsman "letting" it happen in our states.....well hows them apples? You guys that think it can't happen in your state....please look at what is happening, it is coming and you must fight.
Here is some of the logic used at the debates on the gun laws.
Women on campus don't need firearms for protection, heck they have a whistle...

azzhat...

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jCvng-jSp60[/video]
Originally Posted by hardway
I feel bad for you guys..... even after this has passed you are still not even close to the bs we have here in CA, but for any jackazz that ran his piehole about CA, NY, etc. sportsman "letting" it happen in our states.....well hows them apples? You guys that think it can't happen in your state....please look at what is happening, it is coming and you must fight.

Everyone better take this to heart!!! The time to Fight and keep fighting is "NOW"! Not after it happens
Basically what you all are saying is that the Constitution doesn't work!

Welcome to the real world!

Phil
very sorry for my friends in Colorado

and truthfully our nation as a whole

we all that love freedom suffer when anti American legislation such as this passes in any house of gov't anywhere in our great nation.

it's a loss for all of us that value freedom, the Constitution and what was once the USA
And just when I was considering going to Denver for the national American Water Works Assoc. meeting in June. Think I will write the Governor and let him know I won't be attending the conference in his screwed up state...
I've cussed this fact in the past since we wind up with some crazy 5hit on the ballot, but it might be an angle for hope. In Colorado, it is relatively easy to start a ballot initiative. I've a good mind to start one myself:

The number of signatures required for a successful petition is equal to 5% of the total number of votes cast for the office of Secretary of State in the preceding general election. The same number of signatures is required for constitutional amendments, statutes, and referendums.

86,105 signatures would do it.
I'll sign Superdave! Let me know!
I kind of like "The State shall make no law limiting the amount of live rounds that any firearm may hold at once."

Keeps it simple.

To hell with the pheasants too.
Originally Posted by superdave
I've cussed this fact in the past since we wind up with some crazy 5hit on the ballot, but it might be an angle for hope. In Colorado, it is relatively easy to start a ballot initiative. I've a good mind to start one myself:

The number of signatures required for a successful petition is equal to 5% of the total number of votes cast for the office of Secretary of State in the preceding general election. The same number of signatures is required for constitutional amendments, statutes, and referendums.

Then you just need 10 million bucks or so.....You guys voted for BHO in the last election and have a Dem majority in both houses and you think you'll get enough votes? Wasting time and money....Your only viable option now is the judical branch.
Thanks arffdog, we need to get together again one of these days. Cabin fever's killing me.
Gun lobby's far from broke. Think this crap is going to stop at just one of the square states? Might as well throw down somewhere.

"you guys" is laughable. Hell, I can see Utah from my yard. Denverites call the political shots but ceased to represent the geographic majority in this state decades ago. That's the way the nation's going too, in case nobody's noticed.
Let me know as well, I'll sign your petition.
Not a pretty day in CO, glad I gave all my guns away yesterday. I was pretty sure I would be committing a crime and figured it best to transfer them all to folks that I didn't suspect or have any reason to believe they were felons.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Colorado hasn't been a good state for over 20 years.

I moved from Colorado to Wyoming in 1978. That when Colorado started downhill. whistle
@ Superdave.....'you guys" just meant Co in general. We have the same issue here in Ca in that the big urban areas control the politics for the remaining 90% of the state. I was simply trying to inform you that once a states voting majority reaches the dark shade of blue yours has, the fight at the ballot box is over. Your only chance is to challenge the laws in the court system. YMMV.
Does Colorado have a pistol/rifle association that's a state affilitate of the NRA? What do they say about all this??
My Colorado brothers if you think they are going to stop here you are sadly mistaken.

Each of you and any of our like minded friends there need to insert yourself in the process now. Don't sit by and read the headlines make a difference if you love your way of life you must protect it.

Don't be fooled they are after you.
Originally Posted by superdave

That's great to hear. Get to it.
Originally Posted by hardway
@ Superdave.....'you guys" just meant Co in general. We have the same issue here in Ca in that the big urban areas control the politics for the remaining 90% of the state. I was simply trying to inform you that once a states voting majority reaches the dark shade of blue yours has, the fight at the ballot box is over. Your only chance is to challenge the laws in the court system. YMMV.
This isn't true. Conservative ballot initiatives are often successful in blue states. This is because they also measure dedication to a cause, not just raw numbers. Furthermore, blue state legislatures often overreach in the leftist policies they implement, i.e., the majority of residents don't actually support them, which fact only becomes manifest in the ballot initiative.
At least it sounds like the higher cap. Mags are grandfathered unlike in NY where they are no longer legal to own.

DENVER � Limits on the size of ammunition magazines and universal background checks passed the Colorado House on Monday, during a second day of emotional debates that has drawn attention from the White House as lawmakers try to address recent mass shootings.

The bills were among four that the Democratic-controlled House passed amid strong resistance from Republicans, who were joined by a few Democrats to make some of the votes close.

The proposed ammunition restrictions limit magazines to 15 rounds for firearms, and eight for shotguns. Three Democrats joined all Republicans voting no on the bill, but the proposal passed 34-31.

"Enough is enough. I'm sick and tired of bloodshed," said Democratic Rep. Rhonda Fields, a sponsor of the bill and representative of the district where the shootings at an Aurora theater happened last summer. Fields' son was also fatally shot in 2005.

Republicans argued that the proposals restrict Second Amendment rights and won't prevent mass shootings like the ones in Aurora and a Connecticut elementary school.

"This bill will never keep evil people from doing evil things," said Republican Rep. Jerry Sonnenberg.

The House also approved a bill requiring background checks on all gun purchases, including those between private sellers and firearms bought online.

Other proposals would ban concealed firearms at colleges and stadiums, and another requires that gun purchasers pay for their own background checks. Democrats eked out the closest vote on the background check measure, which passed on a 33-32 vote.

Democratic Rep. Ed Vigil, who represents rural southern Colorado, voted against the four bills, saying his decision was rooted in the state's rugged history.

"This is part of our heritage. This is part of what it took to settle this land. I cannot turn my back on that," he said.

But even though a few Democrats joined Republicans in voting no for the bills, the Democrats' 37-28 advantage in the House gave them enough leeway.

The Senate still needs to consider the proposals. Democrats will need to be more unified in their support there because their advantage is only 20-15. That means Republicans need only three Democrats to join them to defeat the bills.

House lawmakers began debating the bills Friday. Lawmakers debated for 12 hours before giving initial approval to the bills, setting up the final recorded votes Monday. During the debate Friday, Vice President Joe Biden called four Democrats, including two in moderate districts, to solidify support for the measures.

Democratic Rep. Dominick Moreno, who represents a district in suburban Denver, was among the four lawmakers. He said Biden "emphasized the importance of Colorado's role in shaping national policy around this issue."

Castle Rock Republican Rep. Carole Murray brought up Biden's calls during Monday's debate, saying she didn't appreciate "East-coast politicians" trying to influence Colorado legislators.

Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper supports the expanded background checks, and thinks gun buyers should pay for them. He also said he may support limits on the size of magazines, if lawmakers agree to a number between 15 and 20. He said he hasn't decided whether to support banning concealed firearms on campuses and stadiums.

Republicans say students should have the right to defend themselves.

"Do not disarm our young adults in general and our young women in particular on our college campuses in the name of a gun-free zone," Republican Rep. Jim Wilson said.

The gun debate highlights a fundamental philosophical difference between many Democrats and Republicans.

"I resent the implication that unless we all arm ourselves we will not be adequately protected," said Dickey Lee Hullinghorst, the Democrats' leader in the House.

Republican Rep. Christ Holbert became emotional while explaining his opposition to the bills. He said he understood Fields cares about the bills, because of her district and because her son was shot and killed in 2005.

"But I care passionately about the United States Constitution and the constitution of this state, and the oath that we have taken," Holbert said.

Originally Posted by slymule

Good man.. That attitude needs to be shared by every pro-gun person there - and not limited to CO either..

Originally Posted by ltppowell

"Enough is enough. I'm sick and tired of bloodshed," said Democratic Rep. Rhonda Fields, a sponsor of the bill and representative of the district where the shootings at an Aurora theater happened last summer. Fields' son was also fatally shot in 2005.

DEMOCRATIC REP RHONDA FIELDS???
The word is DEMOCRAT damnit.
There is damn little democratic about any of these people.
Democratic is a good word, makes people think of good government.
Democrat should be thought of as the worst of government.
The Senate still needs to consider the proposals. Democrats will need to be more unified in their support there because their advantage is only 20-15. That means Republicans need only three Democrats to join them to defeat the bills.

Just maybe it will get defeated in the Senate
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
At least it sounds like the higher cap. Mags are grandfathered unlike in NY where they are no longer legal to own.

They won't be legal to own here either. No way to trace the origins of when and where it was purchased. That is why the democraps are wanting serial numbers and date stamps on all magazines and a registration of magazines and guns!
Originally Posted by Mako25
Sandy Hook did was Fast and Furious was supposed to do.

EXACTLY.
How about a link to where nonresidents could email or call to voice disagreement with the regulations in Colorado? This is as much my problem as yours, because my state has the same cancer as yours.
© 24hourcampfire