Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Batchman
Why wouldn't something this big go to a vote of the people?

Because "the people" are not to be trusted.

They must rely on the wisdom of the ruling elite to do all of their "thinking" for them. crazy

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Batchman
Why wouldn't something this big go to a vote of the people?
I think that the overall matter will - in CO in 2014.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Too many lefty tree huggers in CO to make a difference for the vote. Unfortunately I have relatives that live there and want to visit them. Fat chance now.

Too many left coasters live there.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just went and read the bios of state senators from moderate areas and I can't believe what I am reading.

Steadman - openly gay - just sponsored civil unions bill
Ubillari - Social justice activist and openly gay.
Tochtrop - Recently honored by Colorado Trial Lawyers assoc.
Newell - (won her seat by 195 votes thanks to marijuana) volunteered for Season for Non-Violence, Stalking Rescue, AXIS Intervention and Training Institute, and The Conflict Center
Kefalas - Lobbyist and former educator, moved to Colorado from Greece 30 years ago. Won seat in heavily gerrymandered district
Morse - President of the Senate and represents a gerrymandered district in Colorado Springs that includes Manitou Springs (West) and Far eastern Colorado Springs.
Johnston - Educational advisor to Obama's 2008 campaign. And it goes on and on...

We're [bleep].

The senator from Magpuls district is a democrat and I don't believe he will vote to save jobs in his own district.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kinda ironic, here is a pic of the Colorado State house.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I just went and read the bios of state senators from moderate areas and I can't believe what I am reading.

Newell - (won her seat by 195 votes thanks to marijuana) volunteered for Season for Non-Violence, Stalking Rescue, AXIS Intervention and Training Institute, and The Conflict Center
Kefalas - Lobbyist and former educator, moved to Colorado from Greece 30 years ago. Won seat in heavily gerrymandered district
Morse - President of the Senate and represents a gerrymandered district in Colorado Springs that includes Manitou Springs (West) and Far eastern Colorado Springs.
Johnston - Educational advisor to Obama's 2008 campaign. And it goes on and on...

We're [bleep].

The senator from Magpuls district is a democrat and I don't believe he will vote to save jobs in his own district.

You did not say that any of them were from Communist California. How can we be the cause of all of your problems

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
A very sad day indeed...

One of the new guys....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It still has to pass the Senate, where the dems have a 20-15 advantage. I read in the Denver Post how Biden called house dems to urge them to pass these. In Wyoming, if an out-of-stater called you about a state legislative item, they'd tell you to GFY.

when push comes to shove virtuallly every democrat is a communist who will follow orders from the comrades....this rape of the citizens of Colorado should be a freaking wake up call to all the morons who believed otherwise.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Colorado is a State that can still be turned. This is where the NRA can, and will, try to make a difference in upcoming elections.

I believe that the democrats only hold a 3 or 4 seat majority in the State Senate.

In the meantime, every gun owner and sportsmen and sportswomen should put in an all out effort to sign everyone possible in the NRA.

Colorado...you can fight this.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Harry M
Colorado is a State that can still be turned. This is where the NRA can, and will, try to make a difference in upcoming elections.

I believe that the democrats only hold a 3 or 4 seat majority in the State Senate.

In the meantime, every gun owner and sportsmen and sportswomen should put in an all out effort to sign everyone possible in the NRA.

Colorado...you can fight this.

We all hope for the country to wake up and start back on the road to our freedoms but it seems like little by little we are going in the wrong direction with nothing in sight of when we are going to be able to turn it around. Lets hope that it it sooner than latter

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

We're [bleep].

As I've always said about Colorado, it's a beautiful place to visit but I sure wouldn't raise my family there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've tried to figure out what each bill is and what it means, I'm having a hard time breaking it down, is there someone who can provide the short skinny version of each and if they passed, or did all of them pass?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Kinda ironic, here is a pic of the Colorado State house.

[Linked Image]

Yep. Very.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm having a hard time breaking it down,

From what I watched yesterday, if you take your kid shooting, the gun he shoots must be registered to him, or you both get a felony. If you lend a gun to a friend without it being registered to him, you get a felony.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
House Bill 1224 � Bans magazines with a capacity greater than fifteen rounds. Passed house today on final reading - Goes to Senate.

House Bill 1226 � Repeals current law allowing individuals with a concealed carry permit to carry a firearm for self-defense on a college or university campus. Passed house today 34-31 on final reading - Goes to Senate.

House Bill 1228 � Imposes a �gun tax� for a background check when purchasing a firearm. Passed house today 33-32 on final reading - Goes to Senate.

House Bill 1229 � Criminalizes the private transfer of a firearm. Passed house today 36-29 on final reading - Goes to Senate.

Only one Democrat voted against all four measures:

Early in the guns debate Monday, Rep. Ed Vigil, D-Fort Garland, stood at the well of the House � with the entire GOP caucus standing at the same time � and said he would vote against all four gun bills. Vigil described how his family came to Colorado in the 1850s.

"They carried weapons to settle this land. This is part of our heritage," he said. "I cannot turn my back on that."

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 02/18/13.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shreck
I quit ignoring laws I disagree with a long time ago, just ain't been caught yet.

I have been outside the Law most of my life. I have carried a pistol since i was 15 or 16 and now as a older man doing it legal with a carry permit.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Re: House Bill 1224 they still never clarified what happens to all the existing standard cap magazines in the state, if say I get pulled over and the trooper sees one. Whats to say I didn't go to Utah or Wyoming to just buy it. I could say I've say it prior to the ban. Just wait for magazine registration to be implemented.

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The solution isn't to leave the state, it is to remain and beat the bastards at their own game.Leaving is what they want you to do. They will chase you around the country all the while the pot of warm water becomes a boiling pot of water - and you're cooked.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

House Bill 1229 � Criminalizes the private transfer of a firearm. Passed house today 36-29 on final reading - Goes to Senate.

This is the one that gets me. I can see how the Libs could pass the others but I would have never imagined that a private transaction would be deemed illegal.

Are there that many imbeciles in Colorado, or did the Sun, Planets and Stars align just so in the last election, that they got a majority in both houses to vote this in.?

Surely the bulk of CO can't think like this.?

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1100mag, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 18,952 guests, and 1,377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,981
Posts18,540,068
Members74,053
Most Online21,066

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.