Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge Member Needs Our Help! - 03/21/13

Dan (nad1967) is a fellow campfire member and also is serving our nation in Afghanistan. Dan and his wife and his daughter, Savannah, are currently fighting another fight,Savannah has been diagnosed with leukemia and they need our prayers and financial support. Please PM me or 257heaven for the paypal address linked to a special account for the benefit of Savannah so we can get them the help they need to make this battle easier on them all. Here is Dan's original link which gives more info and contains a link to Dan's wife's CaringBridge blog.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7557558/all/

Thanks to all the special folks we have in this web community.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 257heaven Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/21/13
Thanks! I have the bank info for Savannah's donation account if you prefer to send a check. PM me for that.
PM on the way...
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/21/13
TTT
Posted By: willhunt4 Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/21/13
PM coming
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/21/13
Thanks guys lets keep this up!
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/21/13
Donate whatever you can people and prayer is always free!!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/21/13
dvd/257.........please PM me with paypal and mailing address info. Having an issue or two trying to send one to you guys.
sent
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/21/13

Prayers sent.

Gift on the way soon.
Posted By: Monashee Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/21/13
Prayers for the little ladies full recovery sent from Canada. Monashee
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/21/13
man o man but my heart goes out to them

now time to break out the cc, thanks for that link
Prayers for the little one and the family.
Thanks for your service also my friend.

Been in a very simular position my friend.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Prayers sent for the family!

and, Thanks for your service!

Done!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
We have some great and generous members here! Keep it up guys!
Posted By: CCCC Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Thanks for sharing this. PM sent - prayers ongoing.
Man, prayers sent along with a little extra....
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
TTT
Posted By: funshooter Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Prayers sent
Back up....lets keep helping!
Prayers on the way.
Posted By: EdM Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Dan,

Please PM me on the particulars. I am one that was not to survive. I did, others do and she will. This stuff just crushes me...

Ed
Posted By: Bogtrotter Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Not set up for pay pal, but I'll be sending a check out.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Could someone please PM me an address? Cant do the paypal deal, but can drop a check in the mail today.

Thanks,
Gunner
I don't have PayPal but would like to contribute. Could someone please forward me an address?

Thoughtful prayers sent from Minnesota.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Things like this are one of the big reasons I wish I were wealthy so I could write a big, fat check with no strings attached. As it is, I'm going to go through some of my stuff and see what I can sell in the classifieds and make a donation.

Dan(nad1967), bless you and your family and thank you for your service. I'll be praying for you all.

Thanks Ed!
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Sent PM gopher, gunner, and EdM.

If anybody else needs an address for sending a check, let me or dvdgeorge know. Thanks guys.

ETA: Sorry if you get multiple PM's. We don't want to leave anybody out.
Thanks Steve!
Posted By: Redneck Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
PM coming..and prayers sent... Horrible disease - especially for the little ones.. frown
Thanks to all who are helping this family!
Thanks again folks have to do some work but I'll be checking PM's through out the day
Keep it coming guys!!!

This guy is fighting for our freedoms and I'll be damned if he should have to sell his stuff to care for his daughter!

Dan (nad1967) is a fellow campfire member and also is serving our nation in Afghanistan. Dan and his wife and his daughter, Savannah, are currently fighting another fight,Savannah has been diagnosed with leukemia and they need our prayers and financial support. Please PM me or 257heaven for the paypal address linked to a special account for the benefit of Savannah so we can get them the help they need to make this battle easier on them all. Here is Dan's original link which gives more info and contains a link to Dan's wife's CaringBridge blog.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7557558/all/

Thanks to all the special folks we have in this web community.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: noKnees Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Pm the paypal info please
Posted By: T LEE Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Prayers on the way.
Originally Posted by noKnees
Pm the paypal info please

PM sent
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Originally Posted by 257heaven

ETA: Sorry if you get multiple PM's. We don't want to leave anybody out.

am thinking most on the 'fire would forgive a little administration oversight when you're attempting good works.

my hat's off to both you and dvdgeorge for bringing this worthy cause to our attention.

I can like charity when the middleman is cut out and we right to the source and can be reasonably certain the folks receiving our help are deserving of such.

from the angle I'm looking at this, I can't think of anything better I've spent money on this year.

dvd and 257 thank you gents, if ever our trails are to cross I owe you both a round or three
Posted By: Idared Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
Thanks for bringing this to others attention. There was another thread connected with it earlier also.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread..._Great_show_of_humanity_here#Post7565235

I agree we owe this man and his family a lot for helping to protect our freedoms. I also agree with Randy that this is among the best things I have spent money on this year.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
donation sent from here.
Something that has come up multiple times. The tribute on the caringbridge page is a donation to the caringbridge website, which is a good thing. But if you're wanting to contribute directly to the family, we need to use Dan's paypal address or send a check directly to the bank to be deposited into Savannah's account. I have that info and dvdgeorge has that info. Please PM one of us to get that.

Please do not disclose Dan's home address as we have everything covered and that needs to be kept private.

Here is the original link.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...67695/all/Calling_all_Campfire_members_t
You guys are great and the out pouring of help is remarkable ...
I'm proud to be a member of such a fine and caring community the Campfire is a wonderful place!
TTT
Posted By: tuam76 Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/22/13
PM sent.
Pm's returned lets keep rolling!
Originally Posted by nad1967

Hi guys,

We continue to be blessed by the members of this forum reaching out to us with prayer, praise, advice, and all of the donations. Christ has really shown his love through many different ways. But, I have to say that Amy and I are nothing but shocked how many people that WE DON'T KNOW devote prayer and give us financial support.

To answer a few of your questions, and if you have more let me know. I check in as often as I can without being "the dad' that stares at his computer with a sick daughter and pregnant wife.

In regards to the leave, I was released from theater to be with my family and placed on emergency leave status. That means that the gov paid to get me to where the emergency was, and will pay to get me back to where I need to go, and in this case, I will go back to Germany. Unfortunetly, my emergency leave expires (at least what was left of my leave balance) before Amy is due to have our baby (which btw is a boy, named Cameron). This could work out to be a good thing if we are released from Germany to come back to the states and hopefully get a job close to family to support the new baby and us with Savannah. This is called the exceptional family member program, and they try to match you up to where you would get the best care and support. So please pray that something in Oregon is available and they match us with an assignment out here. But hey, the lord is lord and I have no idea what his plans our, so we will continue to put our trust in him.

Dan
Pm me the info please.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/23/13
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Pm me the info please.

Done
I've got a monetary goal for this family and we're over halfway there. But to reach the goal will require the help of a lot more members here. I know we can do it and the cause is one of the greatest that any of us could ever face. Our primary goal is to help Dan and his wife so they will have one less worry in order to have more time to concentrate on their daughter and her needs.

PM me or dvdgeorge for info on how you can help.
Posted By: skullmonkey Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/23/13
Donation sent & prayers on the way.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/23/13
Thanks to all for their donations and prayers lets keep going for Savannah!
Posted By: BamBam Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/23/13
Would like to send out a ck, pm me addy, please.
Originally Posted by BamBam
Would like to send out a ck, pm me addy, please.

PM sent.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/23/13
^^^
Posted By: 1234567 Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/23/13
Prayers Sent.
Wow. FYI, members have sold almost $1800 in merchandise on the classifieds for the benefit of Savannah. I just added it all up. If anybody else has some junk/stuff that you wouldn't miss, please post it up for sale and state in the subject that it's for Savannah.

Prayers sent, and a request for donation info.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/24/13
Replied. Thanks Nifty!
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/24/13
Got the address. On its way.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/24/13
Thanks all keep it going for Savannah!
If you folks have any thing sitting around that you aren't using
You can get it listed in the classifieds and donate the proceeds for Savannah....if you need help listing an item or posting pictures just PM me and I'll get it done for you
Posted By: tx270 Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/24/13
Just sent check to address.

Prayers,

Bill
Posted By: funshooter Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/24/13
bump
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/24/13
Wow. We have just had a Kimber 308 posted with 50% of the proceeds going to Savannah's fund. We've also had multiple Leupold scopes listed and a Nikon. So there's some good people here posting up some good stuff. And a lot of it has already sold. Just amazing. If you don't ever go to the classifieds, you might want to check it out just to see what's going on.

Great work Steve,whe truly have a spectacular place and members here at the 'fire!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/25/13
TTT
Posted By: Redneck Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/25/13
Thanks for this bump - I had forgotten to follow through last Fri..

It's on the way now... Sorry for any delay.

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/25/13
Thanks to another great member!
Posted By: funshooter Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/25/13
Bump
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/26/13
Here is an update Please if you have not as of yet consider a donation!
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Here's Dan's email update. Hopefully, he won't mind me sharing it with the forums. Please remember how difficult this is for all of them. Prayers mean more to them than anything right now. Sometimes we get caught up in raising money and forget why we're doing it. Let this be a reminder. It's hard on Dan and Amy and especially Savannah. Pray for them. The content of Dan's email follows:

Hi Steve,

Yes we have been busy and things have been pretty tough the past couple of days and tomorrow is not going to be fun.

Savannah has had a lot of trouble walking since Saturday and has fallen down several times. Her bones are really weak right now and I have not seen her run the entire time she has been here. What has been very hard emotionally for all of us, but especially for Amy, is her constant hunger from the steroids. It literally is all Savannah can talk about and she just cries and cries if she doesn�t have something to eat. She shows no interest in her cousins, which were the highlight of her visits and can only be caught talking about the next thing she is going to eat. The hunger part is normal but I think her infatuation is getting a bit carried away even for me. Poor Amy has just been stressed out about her little lately and it just tears her up when Savannah squats to pick something up and can�t stand without help. She wakes up screaming in the middle of the night and all she wants to do is eat and it doesn�t matter what Momma does unless it is food. Her chubby cheeks are the initial reminder now of the leukemia, and her hair has started coming out more and more in the shower.

Speaking of shower, Amy had her baby shower for our baby boy Cameron who will be born in late April early May. One of our cousins told her baby girl (4 years old) that Savannah will soon lose her hair and this girl proceeded to go around telling everyone that and was asking Amy when Savannah�s hair was going to fall out. That was a rough spot for Amy too� everyone knew what had been on Amy�s mind every second of every day and I was hoping she could get a few hour reprieve so she could really enjoy thinking about having a new baby boy and then a comment like that serves as a frying pan to the face. Lord Lord.

Tuesdays are the tough chemo days and Savannah has anxiety I�m sure you�ve read from the caringbridge site. She is what I would call an extreme case right now. She�ll get better as time goes on but they literally have to give her an amnesia type medicine to help her forget/make her groggy otherwise the screaming and stress are ridiculous. So we are up here tonight in Portland for another early morning appt that will I assume only end with tears from all three of us again, but it�s the motion of the ocean this month. Savannah is having her port put in on the April 1st and I will be �going into the hole� for my leave days in order to stay a week after the surgery to help Amy and Savannah and then return to Germany to wait and get the house ready to out process. Not the best time of course with our little kiddo coming soon. I suppose the only highlight of that is that Amy and I were already expecting me to be out of country for the birth�. But that is not really any big consolation.

The donations continue to flow in as well as prayers and kind regards. I believe about 125 people have donated and we are right around 7000 dollars, and I just got your donation as I was typing this message (WOW!). I am meeting a man tomorrow to pick up 1k rds of 5.56 I put up for sale at the hospital. I am thankful for all your help Steve in pushing this on the campfire. We are covered in prayer and showered with contributions. We are amazed at how many people want to help. Amy and I do have a problem, folks like yourself want to send care packages which we would love� but we are stuffed with stuffed animals. And what kills Amy right now is that she doesn�t play with any of that like she used to. Some Christian kid books would be great, Christian kiddo music, she likes Pixar movies, we need pee pads (bed mats) because the meds make her a bit incontinent at night. Other than that, you have really taken great care of us. I have sold almost all of my stuff so that is a relief. One guy on the snipershide wanted to pay for me to keep some of my scopes, but that just felt wrong to me. I feel as if I am going to be accepting gifts from other people I need to have made several sacrifices to be at the point to receive support. I write a message back

We continue to pray everyday for the lord to comfort Savannah and us so we can take care of the his baby girl. I apologize if my consistency in updates is less than stellar� we�re all a bit scatter brained right now. I write back to each paypal payment and Amy is writing to all of our letters and donations in the mail. If we have had payments sent direct to Selco we may not have the opportunity to respond to those people so we want to let them know that we are appreciative of their donation.

Thanks Steve.. gotta get geared for bed.
v/r
Dan

Posted By: 257heaven Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/28/13
I know some may be tired of seeing this, but we're not done helping this family. So far, we have raised over $4,700 in merchandise sales on the classifieds and that doesn't count the direct donations to the paypal account and checks sent to the bank. We are making a difference for Dan and Amy and Savannah and we even got some recognition in Amy's new blog. You can read it here:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/oursavannahgrace/journal

Thanks to everyone that has helped with prayers and donations.
Posted By: funshooter Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/28/13
prayers sent again
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 03/30/13
Update on Savannah...please if you have not already PM me to donate what you can!

Dan's wife posted another blog update today. All of her blogs can be read at:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/oursavannahgrace/journal

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a chemo day for Savannah. We did get some special recognition from Amy and that makes me think we're doing something right even though I feel helpless. Please continue to keep them all in your thoughts and prayers. Here is the content of her blog:

I'm hungry!
Written 20 hours ago by Amy McIntosh

We made it through another Tuesday, and while it wasn't pleasant, it somehow felt easier. Savannah would probably disagree, as she was her usual "anti clinic" self. Can't say I blame her. We started things off with more numbing cream in which Savannah kept screaming, "Owie! Owie!", numbing cream doesn't hurt, at all. We then had vitals taken with much the same response, again no pain. Doctor came for a visit and needed to speak with Dan and I about treatment, blood counts, meds, etc and sadly none of us use sign language, and or speak a foreign language well enough. Savannah has radar ears. A few of my favorite comments (said with a not so quiet voice) during our chat, "Did you say medicine?!?!" "Don't look at me!!" "Blood?! No!!!" "Don't talk about me!!". I mention these not to make you feel badly for her, but because at this point Dan and I find humor in these moments. Our girl has now been on steroids for 3 weeks and as I've said before, they are intense. Her face and belly have largely expanded, she literally cannot think about anything other than food, she has developed numerous nervous ticks, her muscles are very affected and cause her to stumble and need help up stairs etc, and last but not least, causes even higher anxiety. So in saying that we find a very small bit of humor in her anxiety dont think us cruel, it somehow helps us get through it and we know that this too shall pass, and is largely steroid related. It's such a mental game with her and at some point we hope she gets to where she feels safe with her surroundings, knowing that we are all there to help her get better. To continue with the appointment update, the IV and chemo went without any real issues and a huge plus, her meds are working and all her counts look great. PTL!
As we were leaving she was literally singing, "We are going home!", over and over and with a smile on her face. That is by far the best part of the day. Thankfully, she slept all the way back to Eugene, but the moment she wakes up on these drug induced chemo days she spends the rest of the day in a total funk. And by funk I mean inconsolably crying, yelling and screaming at us, and wanting nothing but to eat eat eat. Lord give us strength! Those are the moments that God's gift of patience comes in handy, and usually does, but boy is it hard!
Have I mentioned that I SO appreciate all the thoughts and prayers, especially on these days? Because I do! Dan and I both. I love getting texts and messages from family and friends letting me know they are thinking of us and praying for our girl. Bless you all! She is covered and we feel it, so thank you, thank you, thank you.
We received our future appointment dates for April and it looks like its going to be a doozy, a normal regiment for her type of Leukemia but still a hard pill to swallow. She has surgery to place the port, get a spinal tap, and bone marrow biopsy all on Monday, then it's back every week for more chemo, this time each treatment being put into her spine. Overwhelming for us newbies, but we know that it is all for her good and that God will get us through it. Amen!
I want to end with another GINORMOUS thank you to all our friends at 24 Campfire, Snipers Hide, and SIG forums. You have gone above and beyond helping our family, people you don't even know, yet feel led to help in any way you can. Your generosity is humbling. Special thanks to Steve B. at Campfire for all your hard work fundraising for our sweet girl. And for those of you that we haven't thanked directly, please know how much we appreciate you and all the love you have shown Savannah. God bless you all!

Posted By: 257heaven Re: Member Needs Our Help! - 04/04/13
Wade With Cross Hair Consulting (ursus148) has contributed a 7-day African Safari with 100% of the proceeds going to Savannah's fund. Thanks, Wade. Minimum bid is $1,800. Please visit and bid if you feel so inclined.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7617671#Post7617671
© 24hourcampfire