Home
Posted By: Darrel Can anyone EXPLAIN GUS to me? - 08/17/13
I've glanced at a few threads Gus has opened recently and he's got me to wondering just what the hell he is!! Is he for real? (My thoughts are no.) Is he a trouble maker? (I think, yes!) Is he just totally uninformed or dumb! (I'm not certain here!)
He just says the strangest things with no rhyme or reason for doing so it seems. HE is one confusing person (?) to me. Help me understand him!
Understanding is overrated.
I just look away and move on.
Just a different kind of Trolling.
Posted By: Gus Re: Can anyone EXPLAIN GUS to me? - 08/17/13
yet another attack Gus thread?

Obama was elected by the majority. why not attack him? I never voted for him.

personally, i'm thankful for the secular humanists, however wrong they might be, because they stand up and demand justice.

the thumpers are only concerned by the Afterlife. they have abandoned this Earth, as only a place of suffering.

I think they are wrong, but they have a chance to re-think. ok?
No opinions of his own, nothing relevant to say but thinks he's uplifting mankind to ask theoretical questions for no purpose.

If a chicken and a half could lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long would it take for 6 chickens to lay 7 eggs.

Put him on Ignore.
Just put Gus on ignore. No point in discussing things with a drunk/high/mentally ill person. No point in discussing things with Gus.
Originally Posted by Gus

personally, i'm thankful for the secular humanists, however wrong they might be, because they stand up and demand justice.

the thumpers are only concerned by the Afterlife. they have abandoned this Earth, as only a place of suffering.

Gus attacks his self on a daily basis.
Originally Posted by colodog
No opinions of his own, nothing relevant to say but thinks he's uplifting mankind to ask theoretical questions for no purpose.

If a chicken and a half could lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long would it take for 6 chickens to lay 7 eggs.

Put him on Ignore.

actually, as the Fates might have it, please put me on ignore. we have important topics to discuss. if your nothin' but a sniper, you don't belong.

my discussions are for serious members of the fire, all others can disperse to greener pastures.
"Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs ...."
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Just put Gus on ignore. No point in discussing things with a drunk/high/mentally ill person. No point in discussing things with Gus.

I totally concur. carry on.
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Just perform this little operation. I did.
Originally Posted by Gus

Very profound. I like it.
You So CA guys are too enlightened!
Gus is searching.... but I can't figure out for what. Kinda like TRH but not as elementary.
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Gus is searching.... but I can't figure out for what. Kinda like TRH but not as elementary.

your insight is dead-on. with me, I don't know much about that goldbug, the TRH.

truly, there are searchers amongst us. perhaps it would be more logical to hole up, and wait?
I guess if we quit searching, we have gotten to the point where we aren't expecting anything to happen. We were given a mind for one purpose and that would be to use it and not let it become useless. We all do our searching in different ways. Carry on.

I thought once he was searching too but when you tell him the answer he ignores it. I really think he enjoys the question infinitely more than the answer.
Posted By: efw Re: Can anyone EXPLAIN GUS to me? - 08/17/13
Can anyone really know?
Gus Explained
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I thought once he was searching too but when you tell him the answer he ignores it. I really think he enjoys the question infinitely more than the answer.

I really do like a good answer. I just wish someone would offer one up that wasn't make believe. ya know?
I think he's a raelian.....
Just a garden variety agnostic...
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I really do like a good answer. I just wish someone would offer one up that wasn't make believe. ya know?

Then ask a question worthy of an answer.
And he sorta talks like yoda ......
Posted By: eh76 Re: Can anyone EXPLAIN GUS to me? - 08/17/13
Originally Posted by Darrel
I've glanced at a few threads Gus has opened recently and he's got me to wondering just what the hell he is!! Is he for real? (My thoughts are no.) Is he a trouble maker? (I think, yes!) Is he just totally uninformed or dumb! (I'm not certain here!)
He just says the strangest things with no rhyme or reason for doing so it seems. HE is one confusing person (?) to me. Help me understand him!

drug use will yield a gus from anyone given time
Gus there is very little absolute truth,as a man hypmotised can

be told a hot coal is being put on his hand and actually an ice

cube is used annd his mind will put a secound degree burn there.

A person will tell you the truth as he knows it,and you will

choose to agree or disagree as you see it!

So where is the truth ? You seem to ask so many questions that

can only be that of a person asking questions that have no

answers ,then culling all reasonable replys.

Good luck with that.

Bob
lack of blood to the head will do that
Gus is what happens when Cpt. Kirk bangs a tribble.
Originally Posted by RickBin

I think this was a clue to who Gus really is.
I think of Gus as the Uncle Si Robertson of the Campfire.

[video:youtube]bb2imhpE_RU[/video]
Posted By: krp Re: Can anyone EXPLAIN GUS to me? - 08/17/13
LBJ and McNamara + conscientious objector + permanent damage from dropping bad acid = gus...

Kent
I was thinking he is a Klingon!!!!!!! grin
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan

Nope...he's Q, and he's playing games with everyone. wink
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan

Nope,....

A simple dingleberry, and won't ever BE much more.

GTC

"I can't think of anything to say except, I think it's marvelous! "

"GUS" has been identified via ISP traceback as the Lambda Alpha Beta (pronounced Allah Akbar) fraternity at Morehouse University.

It is believed that the material being collected from the 24hourcampfire will be the basis for several Ph.D thesis from the College of Race studies.

Based on documents obtained from the garbage collector the thesis are tentatively titled:
-Crackas, Rednecks and Coon-ass; Same species?
-Crackas, Rednecks and Coon-ass; Same genus?
-Should White Hispanics be called Graham Crackas?
-An Anecdotal Study of the CRNC Cultural Cluster of Platonic, Same Sex Relationships
-Pranks as Cultural Expression among Rural, Uneducated Caucasians who can Type
-Possible Motives of CRNC to pose as Educated, Japanese Fisherman from Boston
-Steelhead Encryption: Message Compression into Three or Fewer Syllables (College of Computer Science)
-Investigation into Affinity for Gay-Azk CRNC and the numbers .277", 130 gr.
-Investigation between putting Varget on Cornflakes and Projectile Vomiting (College of Medicine)
Posted By: KR13 Re: Can anyone EXPLAIN GUS to me? - 08/17/13
Originally Posted by Longbob

I think this was a clue to who Gus really is.
Pink Floyd, lyrics from Brain Damage.
Gus doesn't bother me at all.
Originally Posted by Gus

I agree. The thumpers have a fatalistic attitude.
Yeah, we are instructed to lay up treasures in heaven, but we are also instructed to be good stewards of the earf, help each other and whatnot. No one knows when the end of days will be, inspite of the speculation of "signs" and we should plan on being here awhile longer.

Gus, I got no problem with you. I don't mind thinking and questioning things.
Gus has an agenda, and uses the posing of questions as a way of driving it forward. Never assume he actually wants an answer to one of his questions, or even direction to a source for finding one, because he doesn't. He thinks he already knows everything, and that no one has anything to teach him. He's adopted the perfect formula for remaining ignorant and misguided.
LMAO!
Originally Posted by JoeMama

"GUS" has been identified via ISP traceback as the Lambda Alpha Beta (pronounced Allah Akbar) fraternity at Morehouse University.

It is believed that the material being collected from the 24hourcampfire will be the basis for several Ph.D thesis from the College of Race studies.

Based on documents obtained from the garbage collector the thesis are tentatively titled:
-Crackas, Rednecks and Coon-ass; Same species?
-Crackas, Rednecks and Coon-ass; Same genus?
-Should White Hispanics be called Graham Crackas?
-An Anecdotal Study of the CRNC Cultural Cluster of Platonic, Same Sex Relationships
-Pranks as Cultural Expression among Rural, Uneducated Caucasians who can Type
-Possible Motives of CRNC to pose as Educated, Japanese Fisherman from Boston
-Steelhead Encryption: Message Compression into Three or Fewer Syllables (College of Computer Science)
-Investigation into Affinity for Gay-Azk CRNC and the numbers .277", 130 gr.
-Investigation between putting Varget on Cornflakes and Projectile Vomiting (College of Medicine)

You just cracked me up Joe!

Thanks,

BD
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Gus

I agree. The thumpers have a fatalistic attitude.
Yeah, we are instructed to lay up treasures in heaven, but we are also instructed to be good stewards of the earf, help each other and whatnot. No one knows when the end of days will be, inspite of the speculation of "signs" and we should plan on being here awhile longer.

Gus, I got no problem with you. I don't mind thinking and questioning things.

Gus and his questions make more sense that most �thumpers.�
Psuedo-intellectual...psuedo-troll. You can always ignore him actively if the passive route doesn't work for you.
"Can anyone explain Gus to me?"

[Linked Image]
So, Gus is most certainly a 'resident wacko' at some level. It was his questions that really made me wonder what rock he might live under, as has been pointed out, he never seems to pay any attention when he is given an answer! He seems to be the type who is even unable to agree with himself! I'll just put him in his own new category which I shall call the "Gus Category" knowing that at any time I can just ignore him and not have to feel as if I really missed anything worthwhile!
Good people, I thank you for your insight and comments. And, as I think about it and remember the phrase, Rick Bin DID turn on a light bulb on the subject for me! Again, to all, thank you!

"You raise the blade, you make the change, you rearrange me 'till I'm sane ..."
Gus lacks self-confidence and esteem so he puts postings here to find out just how dumb he really is!
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Gus and his questions make more sense that most �thumpers.�

Thank you. now I know where I stand.
Gus is searching for the America he grew up in. He is looking for the line to get into which leads back to the America he remembers.Unfortunately there is no line. And the America we knew won't ever exist again in our life time (of which not much is left)unless we fight for it.
Gus is searching for a brain with which to play.
seemingly you have managed to strike the tuning rod a resounding blow.

on the 50 acre hard scrapple farm I grew up on, there were an order to things. wake up, eat breakfast, slop the hogs, milk the cows, and get ready for the big yellow school bus coming down the dirt road. that fifty acres was the center of the world to a young dude and it made good sense. the rain on the cornfield even felt right.

through high school, things continued to make sense.

in Baptist college while getting lobbyied to sign an Affirmation Vietnam petition, I realized there's a bigger world out there. after college, working and paying my way through it, I realized there's a really big world. I learned that as a conscript in the army.

later, interest rates under ol Jimmah were going up faster than one could save to bring up the down payment. it was a futile game.

so, yes, things have seemingly gone a bit askew. I am thankful for the family, children and Grands. and my mtn feist Emmy Lou, aka *EL*

what this country has come is beyond me. I sign up for Medicare next month. then obamacare might or might not kick in in October. I don't even know what obamacare is.

I hope everyone votes in 2014 and 2016.

and thank you for your post. it really did resonate. and it made perfect sense.
I enjoyed your reply Gus.
Originally Posted by Gus
seemingly you have managed to strike the tuning rod a resounding blow.

on the 50 acre hard scrapple farm I grew up on, there were an order to things. wake up, eat breakfast, slop the hogs, milk the cows, and get ready for the big yellow school bus coming down the dirt road. that fifty acres was the center of the world to a young dude and it made good sense. the rain on the cornfield even felt right.

through high school, things continued to make sense.

in Baptist college while getting lobbyied to sign an Affirmation Vietnam petition, I realized there's a bigger world out there. after college, working and paying my way through it, I realized there's a really big world. I learned that as a conscript in the army.

later, interest rates under ol Jimmah were going up faster than one could save to bring up the down payment. it was a futile game.

so, yes, things have seemingly gone a bit askew. I am thankful for the family, children and Grands. and my mtn feist Emmy Lou, aka *EL*

what this country has come is beyond me. I sign up for Medicare next month. then obamacare might or might not kick in in October. I don't even know what obamacare is.

I hope everyone votes in 2014 and 2016.

and thank you for your post. it really did resonate. and it made perfect sense.
Wow! You're actually capable of contributing rational thoughts. Why don't you do that all the time??
Yes, great reply Gus.

Now, please explain your stupid other post about God, please.
Well, Gus, I can't really despair. It sure seems this country has gone sideways but my parents thought that in the 70's and their parents before them I'm sure. Perhaps it's our relative affluence (poor people with cell phone and their kids too, cable TV, etc.) and endless flow of information and drivel (cable TV, Internet - seems like nobody reads papers any more). Like the ancients who found time to actually think about stuff beyond their next meal when they learned to grow crops. Change of values, change of generations, change of seasons. You could speculate 'til the cows come home.
What time do the cows come home? Anybody know - for sure?
laugh banned phrase number 284
Never heard of him
Gus, a lot of guys here lived a life just about the same as you.
Gus is sorta like Russia -a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside a conundrum.
Ah! The matryoshka doll theory/philosophy of the cosmos. Was waiting for Gus to dredge that one up.
© 24hourcampfire