Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
yet another attack Gus thread?

Obama was elected by the majority. why not attack him? I never voted for him.

personally, i'm thankful for the secular humanists, however wrong they might be, because they stand up and demand justice.

the thumpers are only concerned by the Afterlife. they have abandoned this Earth, as only a place of suffering.

I think they are wrong, but they have a chance to re-think. ok?

I agree. The thumpers have a fatalistic attitude.
Yeah, we are instructed to lay up treasures in heaven, but we are also instructed to be good stewards of the earf, help each other and whatnot. No one knows when the end of days will be, inspite of the speculation of "signs" and we should plan on being here awhile longer.

Gus, I got no problem with you. I don't mind thinking and questioning things.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Gus has an agenda, and uses the posing of questions as a way of driving it forward. Never assume he actually wants an answer to one of his questions, or even direction to a source for finding one, because he doesn't. He thinks he already knows everything, and that no one has anything to teach him. He's adopted the perfect formula for remaining ignorant and misguided.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LMAO!

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeMama
Originally Posted by Darrel
I've glanced at a few threads Gus has opened recently and he's got me to wondering just what the hell he is!! Is he for real? (My thoughts are no.) Is he a trouble maker? (I think, yes!) Is he just totally uninformed or dumb! (I'm not certain here!)
He just says the strangest things with no rhyme or reason for doing so it seems. HE is one confusing person (?) to me. Help me understand him!

"GUS" has been identified via ISP traceback as the Lambda Alpha Beta (pronounced Allah Akbar) fraternity at Morehouse University.

It is believed that the material being collected from the 24hourcampfire will be the basis for several Ph.D thesis from the College of Race studies.

Based on documents obtained from the garbage collector the thesis are tentatively titled:
-Crackas, Rednecks and Coon-ass; Same species?
-Crackas, Rednecks and Coon-ass; Same genus?
-Should White Hispanics be called Graham Crackas?
-An Anecdotal Study of the CRNC Cultural Cluster of Platonic, Same Sex Relationships
-Pranks as Cultural Expression among Rural, Uneducated Caucasians who can Type
-Possible Motives of CRNC to pose as Educated, Japanese Fisherman from Boston
-Steelhead Encryption: Message Compression into Three or Fewer Syllables (College of Computer Science)
-Investigation into Affinity for Gay-Azk CRNC and the numbers .277", 130 gr.
-Investigation between putting Varget on Cornflakes and Projectile Vomiting (College of Medicine)

You just cracked me up Joe!

Thanks,

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Gus
yet another attack Gus thread?

Obama was elected by the majority. why not attack him? I never voted for him.

personally, i'm thankful for the secular humanists, however wrong they might be, because they stand up and demand justice.

the thumpers are only concerned by the Afterlife. they have abandoned this Earth, as only a place of suffering.

I think they are wrong, but they have a chance to re-think. ok?

I agree. The thumpers have a fatalistic attitude.
Yeah, we are instructed to lay up treasures in heaven, but we are also instructed to be good stewards of the earf, help each other and whatnot. No one knows when the end of days will be, inspite of the speculation of "signs" and we should plan on being here awhile longer.

Gus, I got no problem with you. I don't mind thinking and questioning things.

Gus and his questions make more sense that most �thumpers.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Darrel
I've glanced at a few threads Gus has opened recently and he's got me to wondering just what the hell he is!! Is he for real? (My thoughts are no.) Is he a trouble maker? (I think, yes!) Is he just totally uninformed or dumb! (I'm not certain here!)
He just says the strangest things with no rhyme or reason for doing so it seems. HE is one confusing person (?) to me. Help me understand him!
Psuedo-intellectual...psuedo-troll. You can always ignore him actively if the passive route doesn't work for you.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"Can anyone explain Gus to me?"

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

D
Darrel Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
So, Gus is most certainly a 'resident wacko' at some level. It was his questions that really made me wonder what rock he might live under, as has been pointed out, he never seems to pay any attention when he is given an answer! He seems to be the type who is even unable to agree with himself! I'll just put him in his own new category which I shall call the "Gus Category" knowing that at any time I can just ignore him and not have to feel as if I really missed anything worthwhile!
Good people, I thank you for your insight and comments. And, as I think about it and remember the phrase, Rick Bin DID turn on a light bulb on the subject for me! Again, to all, thank you!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RickBin
"Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs ...."

"You raise the blade, you make the change, you rearrange me 'till I'm sane ..."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Gus lacks self-confidence and esteem so he puts postings here to find out just how dumb he really is!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Gus and his questions make more sense that most �thumpers.�

Thank you. now I know where I stand.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus is searching for the America he grew up in. He is looking for the line to get into which leads back to the America he remembers.Unfortunately there is no line. And the America we knew won't ever exist again in our life time (of which not much is left)unless we fight for it.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 08/17/13.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Gus is searching for a brain with which to play.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
seemingly you have managed to strike the tuning rod a resounding blow.

on the 50 acre hard scrapple farm I grew up on, there were an order to things. wake up, eat breakfast, slop the hogs, milk the cows, and get ready for the big yellow school bus coming down the dirt road. that fifty acres was the center of the world to a young dude and it made good sense. the rain on the cornfield even felt right.

through high school, things continued to make sense.

in Baptist college while getting lobbyied to sign an Affirmation Vietnam petition, I realized there's a bigger world out there. after college, working and paying my way through it, I realized there's a really big world. I learned that as a conscript in the army.

later, interest rates under ol Jimmah were going up faster than one could save to bring up the down payment. it was a futile game.

so, yes, things have seemingly gone a bit askew. I am thankful for the family, children and Grands. and my mtn feist Emmy Lou, aka *EL*

what this country has come is beyond me. I sign up for Medicare next month. then obamacare might or might not kick in in October. I don't even know what obamacare is.

I hope everyone votes in 2014 and 2016.

and thank you for your post. it really did resonate. and it made perfect sense.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I enjoyed your reply Gus.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus
seemingly you have managed to strike the tuning rod a resounding blow.

on the 50 acre hard scrapple farm I grew up on, there were an order to things. wake up, eat breakfast, slop the hogs, milk the cows, and get ready for the big yellow school bus coming down the dirt road. that fifty acres was the center of the world to a young dude and it made good sense. the rain on the cornfield even felt right.

through high school, things continued to make sense.

in Baptist college while getting lobbyied to sign an Affirmation Vietnam petition, I realized there's a bigger world out there. after college, working and paying my way through it, I realized there's a really big world. I learned that as a conscript in the army.

later, interest rates under ol Jimmah were going up faster than one could save to bring up the down payment. it was a futile game.

so, yes, things have seemingly gone a bit askew. I am thankful for the family, children and Grands. and my mtn feist Emmy Lou, aka *EL*

what this country has come is beyond me. I sign up for Medicare next month. then obamacare might or might not kick in in October. I don't even know what obamacare is.

I hope everyone votes in 2014 and 2016.

and thank you for your post. it really did resonate. and it made perfect sense.
Wow! You're actually capable of contributing rational thoughts. Why don't you do that all the time??

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yes, great reply Gus.

Now, please explain your stupid other post about God, please.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, Gus, I can't really despair. It sure seems this country has gone sideways but my parents thought that in the 70's and their parents before them I'm sure. Perhaps it's our relative affluence (poor people with cell phone and their kids too, cable TV, etc.) and endless flow of information and drivel (cable TV, Internet - seems like nobody reads papers any more). Like the ancients who found time to actually think about stuff beyond their next meal when they learned to grow crops. Change of values, change of generations, change of seasons. You could speculate 'til the cows come home.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What time do the cows come home? Anybody know - for sure?

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh banned phrase number 284

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,076
Posts18,482,691
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.