Home
Posted By: 5thShock Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
Thinking about the lone deputy on nightwatch, patroling down those dark roads. May God be with you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hanging-mannequins-appearing-Texas.html
Posted By: eyeball Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
Well, I never would have contemplated that, if I were a liberal Dimocrap.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
Originally Posted by eyeball
Well, I never would have contemplated that, if I were a liberal Dimocrap.

They still won't contemplate that. Their heads are too far up their butts to recognize a real threat.

Ed
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
The real threat is the Tea Party and the Koch brothers. Just ask them.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
nothing to fear, our justice department will be all over this. of course they will choose the silver.
Posted By: asphaltangel Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
This may be a dumb idea, but why not put the National Guard down there in Texas? Isn't that something they are trained for or do I have it wrong?
Posted By: T LEE Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
Bring it on bastards!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
This may be a dumb idea, but why not put the National Guard down there in Texas? Isn't that something they are trained for or do I have it wrong?

I am much too polite to give my thoughts on the matter, suffice to say that I believe your solution is much too tame.

I think that's a great idea. Have every National Guard unit from every state come to the border, TDY, and take turns patrolling the Border.

Great training and we get the benefit(s).

Ed

Originally Posted by JSTUART

I am much too polite to give my thoughts on the matter, suffice to say that I believe your solution is much too tame.

Thanks. What would be your solution? Would it include the National Guard?

Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

I think that's a great idea. Have every National Guard unit from every state come to the border, TDY, and take turns patrolling the Border.

Ed

TDY?

No...it would involve your Government getting of it's arse and start putting it's citizens first by hunting every one of the creatures down and killing them.

They have as a group declared war on you...oblige them.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
IMHO, the war on drugs has been far too passive. Time to take it to the next level and start using all of our advanced surveillance techniques to find these cartel bastards and our drones to deliver a final message in the form of a Hellfire missile or other appropriate package to their doorstep.

There is no way this situation is going to end peacefully in any scenario I can envision so maybe it's time to get it over with and pound the drug lords with some of their own medicine. It seems like hanging a couple drug lords' bodies off overpasses would be a good start to sending a message....

Bob

And just in case you missed it, they are outside the law so are also outside the protection of the law.

At some point you have to start putting your citizens first.

TDY?

Short for "Temporary Duty Assignment" grin

Ed
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
When I was in the NG we, along with many other units, did our summer training at Ft Bliss. Maybe the rules of summer camp could be changed re: infiltrators.

Mark

And just in case you missed it, they are outside the law so are also outside the protection of the law.

There is a reason they are called "outlaws". Back a couple of decades ago, the if Governor of North Carolina declared someone an "outlaw", they could be shot on sight by any citizen. "Dead or alive" was the Rule of Engagement.

Ed
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
[Linked Image]

This^^^^^ again!!!!

There is a reason they are called "outlaws". Back a couple of decades ago, the if Governor of North Carolina declared someone an "outlaw", they could be shot on sight by any citizen. "Dead or alive" was the Rule of Engagement.

Ed

That is as it should be.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
I suspect that this was someone's idea of a "cool" trick to attract attention. The cartels tend to avoid publicity on this side of the border and for those who do attract attention, punishment is usually swift and brutal.
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
A trick by those who hope to draw attention to the problems in the bordercountry? There is something raw and direct in that sign, it's them until I see proof of something different.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
Tom Clancy had it right in Clear and Present Danger.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
When I was in the NG we, along with many other units, did our summer training at Ft Bliss. Maybe the rules of summer camp could be changed re: infiltrators.

Mark

I'm concerned heads are going to roll and I don't mean that figuratively. We've seen what the cartels do and get away with it.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/24/14
Originally Posted by mudhen
I suspect that this was someone's idea of a "cool" trick to attract attention. The cartels tend to avoid publicity on this side of the border and for those who do attract attention, punishment is usually swift and brutal.

Agreed, IIRC the boatload of teenagers who shot the American on a jet ski on Falcon Lake a few years back were all killed for their trouble. The reports were all the attention that killing brought closed down the lucrative smuggling trade all along that 30 mile lake (boats at night with no running lights according to local residents), at least for a period of time.

Birdwatcher

Posted By: 5thShock Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14
Now there are reports that suggest a possible edgy ad campaign for a movie. Death threats or childmen with bad taste?

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2014/05/narco-war-billboards-mysteriously.html
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14

Ed

already been done, totally a clusterf**k. I talked to the tennes. guard at sasabe a number of years ago, talk about frogs out of water. Not really their fault tho, hamstrung by the rules of the road..
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14

No...it would involve your Government getting of it's arse and start putting it's citizens first by hunting every one of the creatures down and killing them.

They have as a group declared war on you...oblige them.

I agree with your assessment, J.S. These" people" are breaking our laws with impunity and our government does absolutely nothing but make excuses. Excuses about why a wall can not be built, excuses about thia and that. It's all BS. They allow it to happen because at some level, it fits an agenda they have and benefits our "leadership".

Build the wall. It certainly can be done. Greater feats have been performed with less knowledge and equipment. Build it and issue a warning that anyone who comes over, around or under it will be shot as a foreign invader because that's what they are.

It's a border in a war zone and should be as secure as any such border can be made.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14
Nuevo Laredo bridge

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14
They want to act like animals, treat them as such. And lose no sleep over doing it.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

Ed

already been done, totally a clusterf**k. I talked to the tennes. guard at sasabe a number of years ago, talk about frogs out of water. Not really their fault tho, hamstrung by the rules of the road..

Actually, when the National Guard came, the traffic slowed down a lot around here. It turns out that most of the countries from where illegals come are afraid of their armies, and they apparently assume that ours is to be feared, as well. The fact that the Guard had no weapons, and that they were severely restricted in what they could and could not do, took a while to register. I think that militarizing the border would be a huge deterrent and that armed conflicts would be pretty much limited to the military vs. the hard core criminal element.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14
The military actions on the border the last round were just a smoke and light show. The National Guard wasn't even armed.

To get a more accurate picture of what impacts militarization efforts on THE border would have, they would have to subject the whole border to it. and for an extended period of time. Not just a limited time on limited areas, predetermined by politicians seeking re-election and much publicized by them.

The only reason traffic in a certain area slowed down is because it was the publicized area of action...

They just made plans to cross whatever they wanted somewhere less active. wink
Posted By: KR13 Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Nuevo Laredo bridge

[Linked Image]
Publicity stunt perhaps?
Originally Posted by KR13
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Nuevo Laredo bridge

[Linked Image]
Publicity stunt perhaps?

Those aren't mannequins. But it sends the message they want to send.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14
Shoot on sight would cure a lot of ills.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14

Ed

Yes, that was a RIDICULOUS situation, at least in this area. Folks that keep bringing up the "Guard" are just dead wrong,....the national Guard's UNBREAKABLE ties to the Pentagon , e.g. Federal .gov make it to unwieldy, and encumbered with top heavy ROEs.

Some of you may remember when I was campaigning for Frank Antenori, and writing for a State Soveriegnty and Border Security Committee, not all that long ago.
We had an initiative going to form a STATE GUARD. It would have been the direction of the State Houses and the GOVERNOR of Az.
There would have been NO ties whatever to what's now called the National Guard,....NONE. Scared the CRAP out of the Libs, and was looking do-able, Some turncoat RINOS in Phoenix scuttled it, and the white Hot Rage over Krentz and Terry cooled. Gabby getting popped in Tucson helped not at all, either.

It's still a good idea, and the ONLY one that has half a chance of being effective.

There are some SERIOUS threats in place right now against LE in my district, emenating outta' Culiacan,.....and they are being TAKEN seriously, too.

GTC
Posted By: WillARights Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14
...time to go rouge down there and fight like the VC????

Tack visually confusing brush to your back; engage, and displace.

Nobody takes the American Citizen seriously. Not the Mexis, and certainly not .gov.

Maybe chasin these guys on horseback, lassoin them, and draggin them to the BP, would catch a few eyes, and slow them down. Rob Roy style.

A posse of horsemen chasing you through the brush down there would make me think twice.

Not violence per see, just tackle from horseback.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14
I don't like the idea in general of the army operating on U.S. soil in a enforcement capacity.
that said it is the international border. we are being invaded. our citizens are being put at risk.
militarize the border, arm them with any and all means to interdict the flow. make a kill zone extending 500 yards into mexico. shoot all Mexican federales encroaching that zone. OR, march into mexico city, tell the current crook in chief that he is the newest governor of the newest state of the union.
Posted By: KR13 Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/25/14
Yeah just think about how many would qualify for welfare and vote communist.
Originally Posted by KR13
Yeah just think about how many would already qualify for welfare and vote communist.

Fixt it for you. wink
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Ed

Yes, that was a RIDICULOUS situation, at least in this area. Folks that keep bringing up the "Guard" are just dead wrong,....the national Guard's UNBREAKABLE ties to the Pentagon , e.g. Federal .gov make it to unwieldy, and encumbered with top heavy ROEs.

Some of you may remember when I was campaigning for Frank Antenori, and writing for a State Soveriegnty and Border Security Committee, not all that long ago.
We had an initiative going to form a STATE GUARD. It would have been the direction of the State Houses and the GOVERNOR of Az.
There would have been NO ties whatever to what's now called the National Guard,....NONE. Scared the CRAP out of the Libs, and was looking do-able, Some turncoat RINOS in Phoenix scuttled it, and the white Hot Rage over Krentz and Terry cooled. Gabby getting popped in Tucson helped not at all, either.

It's still a good idea, and the ONLY one that has half a chance of being effective.

There are some SERIOUS threats in place right now against LE in my district, emenating outta' Culiacan,.....and they are being TAKEN seriously, too.

GTC

We have enough "Alphabet Agencies" that have been assigned the task of border security. To no avail, I might add.

I agree with not having troops saddled with the task as well.

The Natl. Guard and the political grandstanding that ensues when they are sent to the border, as well as incidents like shooting innocent citizens has proven that to be ineffective.

States that wish to get control over their own border security would be in the best interest of the people, and the most legal and probably the most effective....UNTIL you figure in states like Kalifornia. Where would they fit in with all this teamwork? eek
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/26/14
The "economy" of the South/Central American Cartels is estimated at around $140 billion per year. They have major operations in every large US city and many rural areas, as well as every civilized country in the World. Are they here? Sure. Do they do stuff like that? No.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/26/14
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The "economy" of the South/Central American Cartels is estimated at around $140 billion per year. They have major operations in every large US city and many rural areas, as well as every civilized country in the World. Are they here? Sure. Do they do stuff like that? No.

The Mexican cartels sure do. The tactics work better on those of Mexican origin that live, or have lived with the threats and know/knew people that were strung up, shot or beheaded. That is precisely why you see them use those tactics north of the border in areas with large illegal alien populace...Like El Paso. They want them to know they can't get away.

On regular American country boys, ...it just tends to pizz 'em off, and start carrying more firepower. wink
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/26/14
They don't use those third world threats against LE in the US. Don't get me wrong, they do the same things, just not in such crude fashion.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/26/14
Question, is there scope in your state constitution to form it's own border guard with a view to enforcing it's borders?
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They don't use those third world threats against LE in the US. Don't get me wrong, they do the same things, just not in such crude fashion.

Pretty crude tactics for sure/

I think they got this sheriff's attention though.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/pa...an-cartels-threaten-arizona-sheriff.aspx
Question, is there scope in your state constitution to form it's own border guard with a view to enforcing it's borders?

It doesn't really even have to be if the form a coalition of sheriff's.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/26/14
Even though I'm NOT LE - when near the border, I'm armed; and ofttimes when not even close to the border.

Mark
Posted By: Duckdog Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/26/14
This theory that I've concocted is purely fantasy, because it involves politicians from both sides of the border, which in turn translates to never possible...
But....
The Mexican gov is always complaining about being out gunned, out $$$'d,...etc
We trade oil rights in Mexico for our military force to support theirs and absolutely clean up that country!
But,...like I said...pure fantasy.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Plato O Plomo - 05/26/14

Well, a whole LOT of Arizonans, and their elected Representatives think so,.....

The Feds have other ideas, and the National Guard Colonel who sat in on the Committee hearings was incapable of grasping the fact that we don't want ANY out of State authority impinging on State Guard ROEs or Operations.

It's pretty much a Tea Party initiative,.....a party nowhere NEAR as weak as what the pantywaist "raech across the Aisle idiots would have one believe.

Hell I posted links to the hearings some years ago, for anybody who'd have cared to watch em'.

The fat lady has not yet sung, ....

GTC
© 24hourcampfire