-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The "economy" of the South/Central American Cartels is estimated at around $140 billion per year. They have major operations in every large US city and many rural areas, as well as every civilized country in the World. Are they here? Sure. Do they do stuff like that? No.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The "economy" of the South/Central American Cartels is estimated at around $140 billion per year. They have major operations in every large US city and many rural areas, as well as every civilized country in the World. Are they here? Sure. Do they do stuff like that? No.

The Mexican cartels sure do. The tactics work better on those of Mexican origin that live, or have lived with the threats and know/knew people that were strung up, shot or beheaded. That is precisely why you see them use those tactics north of the border in areas with large illegal alien populace...Like El Paso. They want them to know they can't get away.

On regular American country boys, ...it just tends to pizz 'em off, and start carrying more firepower. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They don't use those third world threats against LE in the US. Don't get me wrong, they do the same things, just not in such crude fashion.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Question, is there scope in your state constitution to form it's own border guard with a view to enforcing it's borders?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They don't use those third world threats against LE in the US. Don't get me wrong, they do the same things, just not in such crude fashion.

Pretty crude tactics for sure/

I think they got this sheriff's attention though.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/pa...an-cartels-threaten-arizona-sheriff.aspx

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Question, is there scope in your state constitution to form it's own border guard with a view to enforcing it's borders?

It doesn't really even have to be if the form a coalition of sheriff's.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Even though I'm NOT LE - when near the border, I'm armed; and ofttimes when not even close to the border.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
This theory that I've concocted is purely fantasy, because it involves politicians from both sides of the border, which in turn translates to never possible...
But....
The Mexican gov is always complaining about being out gunned, out $$$'d,...etc
We trade oil rights in Mexico for our military force to support theirs and absolutely clean up that country!
But,...like I said...pure fantasy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Well, a whole LOT of Arizonans, and their elected Representatives think so,.....

The Feds have other ideas, and the National Guard Colonel who sat in on the Committee hearings was incapable of grasping the fact that we don't want ANY out of State authority impinging on State Guard ROEs or Operations.

It's pretty much a Tea Party initiative,.....a party nowhere NEAR as weak as what the pantywaist "raech across the Aisle idiots would have one believe.

Hell I posted links to the hearings some years ago, for anybody who'd have cared to watch em'.

The fat lady has not yet sung, ....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 18 invisible), 14,714 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,966
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.