Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge American Sniper - 01/15/15
American Sniper has been nominated for a best picture oscar and Bradley Cooper earned a nomination for best actor.
I'm stoked to see this flick and advance purchased tickets for Saturday
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Seeing it tomorrow night. Read the book. Can't wait!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Going to the theater with the recliner seats and it was sold out for Friday

Only way to go to the movies for me now

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Raeford Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
All sold out around here.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Can't go till Sunday, my day off.

I hope the beach ball scene made it into the movie...
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Don't spoil it!
Posted By: RickyD Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Hopefully, Ventura will go and be beat to death by the crowd.
Posted By: rockchucker Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
can't wait
Posted By: blairvt Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
I saw it, well worth seeing
Posted By: heavywalker Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
I'll wait for netflix.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
As much as I wanna see it, I'll wait for it to come out on video. With a big screen TV, surround sound, and the comfort of my own home (meaning I can have a cold beer, pause when I have to run to the restroom), movie theaters just don't offer anything to me anymore. In fact, they seriously take away from the experience for me.

Still, I can't wait to see this one.
Posted By: ironbender Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Wow! You have a 30' screen in your house? That's awesome.
We'll go see it tomorrow.
Originally Posted by ironbender
You don't???
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
It is a great movie. My only complaints are a few minor hollywood fluffs.
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Somebody on here had a copy already,...friend of a voting member.

Never did hear their review...
Nope. 32" IIRC, but it's a flat screen!

Some movies deserve to be seen on 'the big screen' rather than a TV screen - (ir)regardless of it's size.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
I have the day off tomorrow and it's going to rain so I'll go see the matinee show. Always like a good excuse to buy really high priced popcorn... wink

Some movies deserve to be seen on 'the big screen' rather than a TV screen - (ir)regardless of it's size.

To me the BIG screen doesn't offset all the other inconveniences. Gotta drive across town, then wade through all those annoying...what do they call them? Oh yeah, "people". Then pay too much for the movie, followed by paying WAY too much for a drink. Then you have to sit in the same room as all those "people", and they don't even give you a remote to pause the movie, or back it up to see a cool part again.
Posted By: grand_veneur Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Have to wait to Feb 25 th ... grrrrrr
Posted By: Bigfoot Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Originally Posted by RickyD

TFF
Posted By: 1minute Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Anxiously awaiting the opportunity. Takes some time to make it to the sticks though. Eastwood has certainly come a long way and picks excellent projects.
Posted By: rattler Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
damn looks like Taken 3 and Unbroken are here this weekend.....means if we dont get it on an opening weekend its usually atleast 3 weeks before it shows up here with our two screens....
Find a smaller town to live in. Last movie we saw, there were about 6 other people.

But don't go too small. Where my son is in college, the closest theater is 1/2 hour away.
Posted By: CLB Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
My BIL has a source for hi quality copies. I'm tossing it on the big screen tonight...
Posted By: tbear99 Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
don't go to theatres but this would be a movie to go to.I want to see it when comes out in a platform available to me.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
didn't 60 minutes just do a segment about this movie i seen a little bit of whatever show talk about it and talk to the widow.I hope they catch it reasonable close.
Posted By: EdM Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
I fly out Sat AM so will see it somehow when I return in March. A pisser. Same for the weekend games. I will miss them all.
Posted By: reelman Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Originally Posted by CLB
My BIL has a source for hi quality copies. I'm tossing it on the big screen tonight...

Illegal counterfeit copies? Lovely what criminal orginization are you supporting through buying those? Not to mention you're basically stealing from the people that spent millions to make the movie.
Posted By: reelman Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15

I have no love for Jesse but he did have a point about Kyle lieing about beating him up. I don't think it was right for him to sue the estate but lieing about public people in print has side effects.
Posted By: UKdave Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
And also casts doubt on his other statements
Posted By: antlers Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Originally Posted by reelman
Originally Posted by CLB

Illegal counterfeit copies? Lovely what criminal orginization are you supporting through buying those? Not to mention you're basically stealing from the people that spent millions to make the movie.

He probably talked in class too, and didn't stay in his seat on the school bus, and likely even ran with scissors. Criminal organizations...? Our government is organized crime, on a massive scale...! And your tax dollars go straight to them.

Lighten up.

I have no love for Jesse but he did have a point about Kyle lieing about beating him up. I don't think it was right for him to sue the estate but lieing about public people in print has side effects.

In print?

So, you didn't read the book.
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by CLB

He probably talked in class too, and didn't stay in his seat on the school bus, and likely even ran with scissors. Criminal organizations...? Our government is organized crime, on a massive scale...! And your tax dollars go straight to them.

Lighten up.

+1 reelman
Posted By: centershot Re: American Sniper - 01/15/15
If the movie lives up to the book it will be one hell of a movie. Chris Kyle was one bad dude. Damn glad he was on our side.
Posted By: BigNate Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Enjoyed the book and don't believe Jesse for a second. His getting decked was over pretty quickly from what some witnesses said. Others didn't see it. Believe what you want. Jesse is a blow hard, Kyles dead. I won't speak against the dead guy.
Posted By: reelman Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Originally Posted by CLB

Lighten up.

Do some research on where terrorists get a lot of their money. Here's a hint, a lot of it's from pirated DVD's.
Posted By: KFWA Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
http://putlocker.tn/american-sniper/
Posted By: EdM Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
It's a Clint Eastwood production. He is my Dad's age and still badazz. I have no doubt it is at least a good movie. I will see it in a few months.
Posted By: RobJordan Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Originally Posted by Bigfoot

TFF

grin
Posted By: RobJordan Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Originally Posted by CLB

Lighten up.

Do some research on where terrorists get a lot of their money. Here's a hint, a lot of it's from pirated DVD's.

+1. Bottom line: its theft. I hate theives. mad
Posted By: antlers Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15

Hmmm...wonder how 'that' amount compares with the fact that nowadays, over 90% of the world's heroin comes from the war torn country of Afghanistan. After 12 years of U.S. military occupation, the opium trade from Afghanistan is thriving like never before. Prior to that, the Taliban had pretty much successfully eradicated the opium crop over there. It's hard to imagine that a region under U.S. military occupation...with guard posts, checkpoints, and surveillance drones monitoring the country...that our government isn't able to track supply routes of opium exported from Afghanistan's poppy crop. There have even been assertions that U.S. forces are even guarding that poppy cultivation over there.
Our government...organized crime on a massive scale. With stuff like this going on, for over a dozen years now...it's kinda hard to get worked up over some pirated DVD's by comparison.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Originally Posted by CLB

Lighten up.

Terrorists raise $$$ selling bad Johnny Depp movies?
Posted By: Bootsfishing Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Beck has a good write up on it....

http://www.glennbeck.com/2015/01/15...is-before-glenn-reviews-american-sniper/
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
I watched a video of American Sniper about three weeks ago. As a number of people here haven't seen it yet, I'll not get into relating much what's in it, but suffice it too say Eastwood certainly did one helluva directing job, from a very well written script.

Bradley Cooper was excellent as were the supporting players, and the production values were outstanding. The locations were very authentic.

Overall it was a very good movie which did not bash our military or our efforts to go after Moslem terrorists.

FWIW.

L.W.
Posted By: tpcollins Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
I'm wanting to see it but based on the advertisements, it seems to present more of a "character study" and less run & gun shoot 'em up action. Hope I won't be disappointed.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I watched a video of American Sniper about three weeks ago. As a number of people here haven't seen it yet, I'll not get into relating much what's in it, but suffice it too say Eastwood certainly did one helluva directing job, from a very well written script.

Bradley Cooper was excellent as were the supporting players, and the production values were outstanding. The locations were very authentic.

Overall it was a very good movie which did not bash our military or our efforts to go after Moslem terrorists.

FWIW.

L.W.
Thanks,great review with out spoiling it!
Posted By: frogman43 Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Last night was "Date Night" for my new bride and I. We went to dinner and then I surprised her with tickets to the first showing of American Sniper at our local theater. She likes movies based on factual points in time.

We enjoyed it.

I can't remember the last time I was in a theater and at the end everyone stayed in their seats to watch the last footage and the credits.......

I can't remember the last time that at the end of the movie, when the house lights come up, that no one said a word as they file out. Complete silence......it was moving.

Well worth the price of admission and well worth seeing.

Bradley Cooper did a fantastic job on this role I thought.
Posted By: KFWA Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
what I liked most about the movie was that Eastwood didn't try to interject a message on moralities one way or another

it was more of a "this is war, this is what happens" movie

admittedly I didn't like the scenes of his personal life at home, although I recognize its central to the story of showing what war is really all about - but like someone else said, I love shoot'em ups. I can watch good Westerns all day long
Posted By: reelman Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15

Hmmm...wonder how 'that' amount compares with the fact that nowadays, over 90% of the world's heroin comes from the war torn country of Afghanistan. After 12 years of U.S. military occupation, the opium trade from Afghanistan is thriving like never before. Prior to that, the Taliban had pretty much successfully eradicated the opium crop over there. It's hard to imagine that a region under U.S. military occupation...with guard posts, checkpoints, and surveillance drones monitoring the country...that our government isn't able to track supply routes of opium exported from Afghanistan's poppy crop. There have even been assertions that U.S. forces are even guarding that poppy cultivation over there.
Our government...organized crime on a massive scale. With stuff like this going on, for over a dozen years now...it's kinda hard to get worked up over some pirated DVD's by comparison.

What's your point? I think we all know that the government isn't angels but how does that condone stealing by buying pirated DVD's? If someone came into your house and stole something from you could they use the "government is corrupt" excuse?
Posted By: Robert_White Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Originally Posted by frogman43
Last night was "Date Night" for my new bride and I. We went to dinner and then I surprised her with tickets to the first showing of American Sniper at our local theater. She likes movies based on factual points in time.

We enjoyed it.

I can't remember the last time I was in a theater and at the end everyone stayed in their seats to watch the last footage and the credits.......

I can't remember the last time that at the end of the movie, when the house lights come up, that no one said a word as they file out. Complete silence......it was moving.

Well worth the price of admission and well worth seeing.

Bradley Cooper did a fantastic job on this role I thought.

I was greatly inspired. Even though Chris Kyle was by all accounts one of the bravest men that ever lived, among some of the best of the best; I felt like he was my actual brother. When he was murdered I felt like someone in my family had died. The fact that nearly the entire state of Texas lined the highway to watch as his hearse went by... made me want to move to Texas.
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Terrorists raise $$$ selling bad Johnny Depp movies?

I'm sure the DVD industry would like for people to believe that. Evidently, some people 'do' believe it.
If someone came into your house and stole something from you could they use the "government is corrupt" excuse?

They could make whatever excuse they choose....like the DVD industry does...doesn't change the reality of the situation. I could hang up a sign on my front porch telling thieves, "If you steal from me, you are supporting terrorism." But just because I 'say' so, doesn't 'make' it so.
Posted By: Chris_EOD Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
If someone came into your house and stole something from you could they use the "government is corrupt" excuse?

They could make whatever excuse they choose....like the DVD industry does...doesn't change the reality of the situation. I could hang up a sign on my front porch telling thieves, "If you steal from me, you are supporting terrorism." But just because I 'say' so, doesn't 'make' it so.

I believe it. I think you could find the grail before you could find a legit DVD in the entire mid East. The few that are sold at the PX don't count. If you have ever been over there you'd know what I mean.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Just got back from seeing it. I figured the first matinee at 12:15 on a Friday would be empty except for a few old retired geezers but the theater was full.

Good movie. It doesn't romanticize the war or Chris Kyle, just tries to tell a story of who he was. Time compression was kind of hard to follow as the whole move was a series of vignettes spread out across his four tours in Iraq and brief periods back home in between. He gets married, then he's in combat, then his wife is 9 months pregnant, then he's in combat, then he's with his 4-5 year old son, then he's in combat, et cetera. It tries to show that every time he was back home, he really wasn't "back home", he was still in Iraq.

Overall it was a good story well told, definitely worth seeing.

Posted By: Godogs57 Re: American Sniper - 01/16/15
Damn....Bet Sharpton is gwinna be some kinda mad at those nominations.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
The movie was awesome. Everyone sat through the main credits at the end and then filed out silently.

I admit, it got a little dusty in the theater a few times.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
Saw it tonight. Good, but nowhere near great, IMO.
Posted By: old_willys Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
The nearest theater that had it Christmas morning was an hour away but it was worth the drive, it is a Great Movie!

Bradley Cooper was excellent and it turns out Eastwood is great director!
Posted By: ironbender Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
Eastwood can make a movie! We saw it tonight and very impressed with the production and the story.

Now I want to reread the book.
Posted By: Moses Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
Saw the 4:00 Friday showing. Packed theater. Not the normal cell phone/laughing/talking audience. Stayed in seats until nothing left to watch, left quietly. Felt like an event to watch. Worth my $9 to see with a large respectful crowd.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
Very seldom support $$$$ the movie industry but went to see it last night�It was worth the trip.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15

That's a computer monitor.
Posted By: JD338 Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
I saw it last night. Good movie. I read the book a couple years ago.

JD338
Posted By: local_dirt Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
Good movie. Well played and well directed.

I saw it yesterday at afternoon matinee in a small older theatre very near my house. Had a big Peruvian tacu tacu lunch with salad just prior to going to theatre, so didn't need any popcorn. Total cost for movie - $5.50. smile

No moral compass. Just Clint telling a great story with great actors.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
Cool leaving in 30 minutes I'll give my take after the show
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
Funny how people see the same movie and react different ways.

Best movie of the year? I give it two thumbs up for best movie of the decade. I do believe if you've been to a Military funeral or two you might find yerself choking up. My impression was this movie told the tale spelled out in the book better than the book. One thing to read about it, another thing to see the same thing depicted on the big screen.

Props too for showing a skilled, dangerous and competent enemy.

Other's MMV,
Birdwatcher
Posted By: Poconojack Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
Saw it yesterday afternoon....very good movie.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: American Sniper - 01/17/15
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Distance between screen and eyeball is what counts for best size.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
I thought it was a very good movie. And he had to have been a really good guy.
I was interested in seeing what looked like a Sig pistol sticking out of the front of one of the vests. And the accuporting on the sniper rifle, wasn't aware that was done.
The opening when he was bull riding was pretty real in some ways. Been to a number of places during that period of my life, you basically needed a scoup to get through the beer bottles. Those guys had tremendous upper body strength. I did put out a warning on my facebook page tho, for some of my friends dealing with some p.t.s.d. issues. It's not a film to just see lightly.
Posted By: 1899guy Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
Saw it today. Dynamic movie. Glad I did not opt to wait for Netflix or Pay TV, like the moron who posted that he can't stand to pay too much for popcorn or be around people. This movie was worth so much more than what I paid to see it.
Posted By: wallypip Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
I'll see it this week. I hope to see it all. I had to leave in the middle of Lone survivor as it was to disturbing.
Posted By: farmer Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
Grandson went last night and said he liked Lone Survivor much better.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
Great movie, Eastwood did a good job and Cooper played the roll very well
I thought it was better than Lone Survivor
Thumbs up from me
Posted By: dave7mm Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
I saw it Friday night at 530.
The place was full.
No one said a word on the way out.
dave
Same here total silence walking out
Posted By: ingwe Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
Good to hear Dan. I'll put it on my must see list.

Only movie I can recall no one talking walking out of was Private Ryan.
Posted By: Bigfoot Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
The tour scenes were incredible. What choked me up the most though were the scenes with his family and on the radio to them, the scenes that showed what kind of man he was.

I didn't know until his fathers interview the circumstances of his and his neighbor Chads death. It was for a much more insignificant reason than I'd thought. Makes the loss so much worse. Can't say any more right now...

Except RIP Chris Kyle
Posted By: dave7mm Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
Most war movies almost always get the tanks wrong.
They had a M1 Abrams in several shots..
The equipment for the most part looked "right"
A Clint hallmark.

dave
Posted By: tedthorn Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
Going to see it today
Posted By: KC Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15

I saw it Friday night. Definitely a must see. Seems to be pretty authentic. Didn't see anything that was glaringly Holllywoodified. What a tragedy.

KC

Posted By: tedthorn Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
Going to see it today

just finished up at the theater......I don't know what to say

I would however like to thank the hundreds of thousands if not millions of men who have made my freedom that I all to often take for granted possible and I'm sorry they hsve to do it but am proud and grateful that they have and still do

Thank You

Well stated and ditto!
Posted By: Freedumb1 Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
Going to see it today

just finished up at the theater......I don't know what to say

I would however like to thank the hundreds of thousands if not millions of men who have made my freedom that I all to often take for granted possible and I'm sorry they hsve to do it but am proud and grateful that they have and still do

Thank You

Well put.

I saw the film Friday night, well done movie period.

I have a son-in-law who has been in the Marines for 9 years now, and I thank him for his service every time we get together.

We as a country cannot do to much for our serviceman who keep us free.

I am crushed by the statistics surrounding PTSD.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: American Sniper - 01/18/15
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
The tour scenes were incredible. What choked me up the most though were the scenes with his family and on the radio to them, the scenes that showed what kind of man he was.

I didn't know until his fathers interview the circumstances of his and his neighbor Chads death. It was for a much more insignificant reason than I'd thought. Makes the loss so much worse. Can't say any more right now...

Except RIP Chris Kyle

I am still in regular contact with a guy i call the iraqi marine. Multiple tours in the sandbox. He would call me sometimes like one time i was sitting in a snowstorm looking for elk and he was checking in. And i could hear the explosions etc automatic weapons fire in the background. And yes, he does have issues today that the v.a. doesn't seem to be helping much with. I told my wife after leaving the theater the bit where kyle said he wanted to help his fellow soldiers and country. My friend to this day wants to go back in that he thinks he can make a difference and save lives. The sad truth is he is right, but his time has past, but he can't let go.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Great movie. Well done by Eastwood and Cooper. Tragic story
Posted By: ironbender Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Originally Posted by Barkoff

No. it's a real TV.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
edited
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
If Michael Moore was murdered,do y'all think that the police would do their very best to find the perpetrator?
Posted By: dave7mm Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Filth like that doesnt need to be on this thread.

dave
Posted By: Paradiddle Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Dead silence when leaving the theater on Saturday night. Amazing. Great film - an interesting pace to the movie that wasn't too fast or too slow. Bradly Cooper and Sienna Grimes nailed it.

The footage at the end was brutal.

Clint is a pure film maker - not an ounce of heavy handedness in this film.
Posted By: EdM Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
I am going to miss it on the big screen which is a pizzer but will catch at home.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Originally Posted by Mac84
If you didn't already despise Michael Moore, here's another reason why you should

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/18/michael-moore-slams-american-sniper-chris-kyle-as-a-coward/

If someone tied him over a boulder, put a wick in navel and lit it, he'd burn for two months. I'd make it a point to check on his progress once a week.
Posted By: nomad_archer Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Really well done movie. I enjoyed the book as well.
Posted By: CLB Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Originally Posted by CLB

Lighten up.

+1 reelman

Originally I was not going to respond, but then said WTF...
So I guess it's now illegal that I know people who know people in the movie business.
What they do with their property is their business not yours.
All I said was I have access to a copy. Not illegal and I did not pay anything to anyone for it.
One of the worst words in the english language is "assumption" and since you don't know schit about me you choose to speculate on what you think you know and piss on a thread about a great movie regarding the the life of a great soldier. Congratulations?
So, take your speculations and go [bleep] yourself with them. Please take all your buddies with you who "think" I'm a criminal....funny stuff found only here in the campfire section!,
Posted By: Calvin Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Looking forward to it on dvd. Looks like I have a few now to look forward to. Love a good movie.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
If Michael Moore was murdered,do y'all think that the police would do their very best to find the perpetrator?

No. He is just as hated in his home state. DB attention whore who isn't worth wasting your breath on, or typing a word about.........
Posted By: sherp Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Did the movie show Kyle shooting from the roof of the Superdome?
Posted By: 222Rem Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Originally Posted by sherp

Other than all the blathering on the Ronpaul forums, do you have any proof? Where did the bodies go? You don't think the media would LOVE to run with it if they could substantiate it? Pony up some proof.
Posted By: sherp Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Originally Posted by 222Rem

Other than all the blathering on the Ronpaul forums, do you have any proof? Where did the bodies go? You don't think the media would LOVE to run with it if they could substantiate it? Pony up some proof.

I have no idea if it was mentioned on Ronpaul forums or not. Chris Kyle said that he did it. Much like he said he killed 2 guys trying to steal his truck with less police interest than a fender bender accident report which was mentioned in Marcus Luttrell's book and much like how he got in a bar fight with and then knocked out Jessie Ventura. Kyle did all of those things so why would you doubt it?
Posted By: flagstaff Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Good movie. I don't go to movies often, maybe 2 times a year. Last movie was Lone Survivor. Good movies both, but thought American Sniper was better. There was not a sound as people left the theatre.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: American Sniper - 01/19/15
Same here in Lubbock, TX. MLK Day off and took my wife to see it. It was moving. Complete silence when it was over and as we filed out of the theater. COMPLETE silence. WOW.

We decided to leave our kids home. Glad we did. I saw some friends and he had his son with him....probably 13 YO or so. He was crying after the movie. I didn't cry.....but I was emotional afterwards. I remember seeing news footage of the people lining the road for the funeral procession.

I hope everybody sees it.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: American Sniper - 01/20/15

guy that owns the Salmon Bake here has a home theater

stadium seating, the works, guess it's pretty jazzy, not sure about the size of his screen will have to ask
Posted By: whelennut Re: American Sniper - 01/20/15
I saw it tonight. Very well done.
I sat next to a girl who was texting and behind me another one's phone was ringing.
In front of me a kid was playing with a plastic straw and a cup and got up four different times. His mother gave him her cup so he then had two to play with.
Posted By: g5m Re: American Sniper - 01/21/15
I saw it today. Very good and very moving.
Posted By: tpcollins Re: American Sniper - 01/22/15
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Good movie. I don't go to movies often, maybe 2 times a year. Last movie was Lone Survivor. Good movies both, but thought American Sniper was better. There was not a sound as people left the theatre.

Same thing tonight. The funeral procession scenes were unbelievable. More than any Presidential funeral that I've ever seen.
Posted By: LBP Re: American Sniper - 01/22/15

I have no idea if it was mentioned on Ronpaul forums or not. Chris Kyle said that he did it. Much like he said he killed 2 guys trying to steal his truck with less police interest than a fender bender accident report which was mentioned in Marcus Luttrell's book and much like how he got in a bar fight with and then knocked out Jessie Ventura. Kyle did all of those things so why would you doubt it?

I haven't seen it yet, will probably wait for it on pay pre view. With that said I wonder about some of the stories Kyle said too, like the three listed above.
Posted By: slm9s Re: American Sniper - 01/23/15
what a gripping, emotionally draining movie. excellent though, highs, lows, repeat. my wife cried and cried on the way home.

the 'fall down the steep cliff' scene in lone survivor was beyond belief so I wasn't as INTO that movie. This movie made me feel the most drained I've felt leaving a theater since Private Ryan. Both just seem to make me take stock of my life's worth.

Posted By: 700LH Re: American Sniper - 01/23/15
Went today, excellent flick.
Posted By: Hotload Re: American Sniper - 01/23/15
Originally Posted by GunGeek
As much as I wanna see it, I'll wait for it to come out on video. With a big screen TV, surround sound, and the comfort of my own home (meaning I can have a cold beer, pause when I have to run to the restroom), movie theaters just don't offer anything to me anymore. In fact, they seriously take away from the experience for me.

Still, I can't wait to see this one.

+1 And add to all that, the azzhole in the movie theater who gets a cel phone call half way thru the show.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Went tonight for my second time seeing the movie.
A late 10:30 showing
Again the place was packed.
Again not a sound as the people filed out.
The end of the movie is hard to watch.
dave
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by Hotload
+1 And add to all that, the azzhole in the movie theater who gets a cel phone call half way thru the show.

That'll get you shot in Florida.. whistle
Posted By: WillARights Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by flagstaff
[b]

back when Platoon came out, I went with a Vet family member at a theater about an hour away.

Not a peep as the crowd let out. And as we walked to the truck, he could see I was a little stunned from the movie, so he grabbed me by the arm, and as we hopped in the truck, I can still hear him plainly ask me ...."any questions?"
As if to say, you asked, and there you go.

Ah, nope. Silence the rest of the way back.

Anticipating this one as well.
Posted By: sherp Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by LBP

I haven't seen it yet, will probably wait for it on pay pre view. With that said I wonder about some of the stories Kyle said too, like the three listed above.

What is there to wonder about?
Posted By: jimmyp Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
a great movie, the whole theater was silent at the end.
Posted By: stomatador Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by jimmyp
a great movie, the whole theater was silent at the end.

Went yesterday and was impressed by the silence in the theater at the end. My wife leaned over and whispered "there's a lot of respect for him".
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
We saw it last night. Silence in the theater when it was over. I'm in absolute awe of our military.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Went tonight for my second time seeing the movie.
A late 10:30 showing
Again the place was packed.
Again not a sound as the people filed out.
The end of the movie is hard to watch.
dave

+1 The ending was tough to watch
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Same here in Lubbock, TX. MLK Day off and took my wife to see it. It was moving. Complete silence when it was over and as we filed out of the theater. COMPLETE silence. WOW.

We decided to leave our kids home. Glad we did. I saw some friends and he had his son with him....probably 13 YO or so. He was crying after the movie. I didn't cry.....but I was emotional afterwards. I remember seeing news footage of the people lining the road for the funeral procession.

I hope everybody sees it.

I didn't cry but there sure was a lot of dust in that movie theatre that made my eyes water , allergies and all.
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
Dead silence when leaving the theater on Saturday night. Amazing. Great film - an interesting pace to the movie that wasn't too fast or too slow. Bradly Cooper and Sienna Grimes nailed it.

The footage at the end was brutal.

Clint is a pure film maker - not an ounce of heavy handedness in this film.

I agree. It flowed very smoothly through the four tours of duty - no bogging down like many do. We all knew what happened at the end of the story yet when it came in the movie it was so sad. Very well done movie by all concerned.

And, in our theatre too, complete silence as everyone filed out.

I was going to see it for no other reason than two personalities poles apart - Eastwood and Moore.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Saw it last night, same as reported by everyone else.....complete silence afterwards. Respect doesn't begin to describe my feelings for our soldiers.

Footage at the end was indeed very moving.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Caught it last night with the wife. Total silence as the crowd filed out, save a few sniffles.
Posted By: Deans Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Saw it yesterday afternoon with the wife. Can't say thank you enough to those who've BTDT and to those who are still serving.
Like others have said very quiet leaving.
Posted By: irfubar Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
I went yesterday and was amazed the place was packed not an empty seat in the house!
Halfway through the movie somebody collapsed in the isle of a heart attack! my girl friend is an R.N. so she was administering C.P.R. until the paramedics arrived.

Movie was cancelled and everyone received rain checks.

I was at a movie about a hero with my own personal hero!
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15

All you've posted with regard to Kyle and the Superdome and gas station shootings was some guy "who SAID that KYle SAID.... ".

And the guy didn't make the claim until AFTER Kyle was dead.

I have no idea what Kyle did or didn't do.

But what YOU are doing is plain for everyone to see.

You are trying to introduce drama into your pathetic life. Guys like you are a dime a dozen in REAL life.

IOW... you ain't very good at what you do.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

All you've posted with regard to Kyle and the Superdome and gas station shootings was some guy "who SAID that KYle SAID.... ".

And the guy didn't make the claim until AFTER Kyle was dead.

I have no idea what Kyle did or didn't do.

But what YOU are doing is plain for everyone to see.

You are trying to introduce drama into your pathetic life. Guys like you are a dime a dozen in REAL life.

IOW... you ain't very good at what you do.

Not just some guy, Marcus Luttrell. He seems to be fairly familiar with Chris Kyle. The other guy just confirmed what Luttrell had related.

Why is it drama to you?
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15

Chris Kyle never said he did it. Reporters made up those stories and Kyle just smiled and ignored their fawning stupidity.
"Why is it drama to you?"

THERE IS NO DRAMA.

That's the point. You are so predictable in your behavior on this forum that you are about the most uninteresting poster here.

Regardless of the topic... you offer the same BORING routine.

Since it takes some time and effort on your part to make your stupid contributions, there MUST be some payoff to you.

That payoff MUST be some DRAMA, but only in your pathetic real world existence.

In my REAL World...... YOU don't exist.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Chris Kyle never said he did it. Reporters made up those stories and Kyle just smiled and ignored their fawning stupidity.

I didn't know Luttrell was a reporter since he mentioned the gas station shooting.

So you are saying Chris Kyle never claimed he knocked out Jessie Ventura? How did reporters concoct that story and put it in his autobiography?

THERE IS NO DRAMA.

That's the point. You are so predictable in your behavior on this forum that you are about the most uninteresting poster here.

Since it takes some time and effort on your part to make your stupid contributions, there MUST be some payoff to you.

You said it was drama, not me. Is this drama?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2013/02/08/cooper-sniper-movie-gun-control/

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...adley-Cooper-to-hang-with-Joe-Biden.html
Posted By: verhoositz Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
I wish the AS detractors and BS artists would pay anywhere close to the same attention to the actual proveable recorded facts about LBJ's role the Civil Rights Movement with MLK ...as it is portrayed in the movie "Selma" ...the movie is a blatant lie.

Pro or Con on the Civil Rights Movement is not the subject here ...just the Media's inability to tell the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth about who did what and when...but the Media can't do THAT. They lie as much by Omission as they do by their trumpeting their brand of Agenda BS.

The Media Has to Sell Advertising $$'s and it ain't PC enough to be honest about a provable History like LBJ's....but it is PC enough at the expense of Chris Kyle, and the 1% of us who keep the Bad Guys Over There....just to sell advertising....and the Media needs to be called into account for that.

IMO Every sponser, manufacturer or retail outlet of a Media Outlet or Talking Head Pundit's program that promotes the speculation and continued degradation of Chris Kyle's legacy needs to be put on notice that they will no longer have their products bought at retail. THAT is the only thing that is understood by the Media...when the Ad Sponsers $$'s dry up.

Eye for an Eye...and What Goes Around Comes Around in these twitter/facebook easy mass information days.
JMHO & YMMV
Ron
Posted By: eyeball Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15

I didn't know Luttrell was a reporter since he mentioned the gas station shooting.

So you are saying Chris Kyle never claimed he knocked out Jessie Ventura? How did reporters concoct that story and put it in his autobiography?

Michael Moore, is that you?
Originally Posted by verhoositz
I wish the AS detractors and BS artists would pay anywhere close to the same attention to the acutal proveable recorded facts about LBJ's role the Civil Rights Movement with MLK that is portrayed in the movie "Selma" ...and a blatant lie.

Pro or Con on the Civil Rights Movement is not the subject here ...just the Media's inability to tell the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth about who did what and when...but the Media can't do THAT. They lie as much by Omission as they do by their trumpeting their brand of BS.

The Media Has to Sell Advertising $$'s and it ain't PC enough to be honest about a provable History....and it is at the expense of Chris Kyle....and the Media needs to be called into account for that.
JMHO & YMMV
Ron

I thought as much!

Now how did the media get the Ventura fight in to Kyle's book AND THEN get a jury to go against him?
Originally Posted by eyeball

Michael Moore, is that you?

Why would Michael Moore be claiming the media embedded the Ventura fight scene in to Kyle's book and then rigged the defamation trial relating to the story they made up?

Posted By: eyeball Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
I wish the AS detractors and BS artists would pay anywhere close to the same attention to the acutal proveable recorded facts about LBJ's role the Civil Rights Movement with MLK that is portrayed in the movie "Selma" ...and a blatant lie.

Pro or Con on the Civil Rights Movement is not the subject here ...just the Media's inability to tell the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth about who did what and when...but the Media can't do THAT. They lie as much by Omission as they do by their trumpeting their brand of BS.

The Media Has to Sell Advertising $$'s and it ain't PC enough to be honest about a provable History....and it is at the expense of Chris Kyle....and the Media needs to be called into account for that.
JMHO & YMMV
Ron

Im thinking i would not put the word 'Thelma' in this thread, in honor of American heros and patriots who are dead. smile

THERE IS NO DRAMA.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2013/02/08/cooper-sniper-movie-gun-control/

As I said..... the only drama is in your fantasy world of internet surfing and trolling.

Some members over the years have posted words that impacted my real life. Some in positive ways and a few in negative ways.

Your words, which, for the most part are just links to someone else's words, don't even affect my internet experience, much less my life.

I can overlook or forgive many failings in a conversationalist.

But you have committed the unpardonable sins of being BORING and PREDICTABLE.

So......... I'm done with you.

THERE IS NO DRAMA.

As I said..... the only drama is in your fantasy world of internet surfing and trolling.

Some members over the years have posted words that impacted my real life. Some in positive ways and a few in negative ways.

Your words, which, for the most part are just links to someone else's words, don't even affect my internet experience, much less my life.

I can overlook or forgive many failings in a conversationalist.

But you have committed the unpardonable sins of being BORING and PREDICTABLE.

So......... I'm done with you.

So when someone mentioned Chris Kyle's book & the movie about it you responded in the negative since those were someone else's words?

Not any drama for me. Last I checked, I wasn't the one that started out berating you either.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
He mentioned in the book "a well know celebrity" and in this clip let the cat out of the bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU5MLcWXzfo
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
Yeah, like I said in the other thread... He's a sociopathic liar.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
'Was', I should've said.
Posted By: Snyper Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15

And yet you keep responding
You seem to be just as much of a Drama Queen
Posted By: erickg Re: American Sniper - 01/25/15
A Clint hallmark.

dave

I'm almost certain the tank was a prop. I'd love for someone to be able to chime in, but to me it appeared to be an M60 or M48 chassis done up to look like an M1 with a turret that was also fabricated to appear to be an M1. Spent six years in close daily proximity to Abrams tanks and something about the bottom half of that tank wasn't right.
Posted By: shootinurse Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
Saw the movie this afternoon. Phenomenal. My wife won't watch war flicks, and she was quiet and sat through it all. The audience was quiet throughout, and hardly any words were spoken on the way out.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
Originally Posted by erickg
A Clint hallmark.

dave

I'm almost certain the tank was a prop. I'd love for someone to be able to chime in, but to me it appeared to be an M60 or M48 chassis done up to look like an M1 with a turret that was also fabricated to appear to be an M1. Spent six years in close daily proximity to Abrams tanks and something about the bottom half of that tank wasn't right.

Thank you for that.
Now that you mention it.
The lower track/hull part doesnt look right.
I wondered.
There arnt many places you can lay your hands on a M1A1 tank.
I would not be surprised if your right about it being a prop tank....
I just might have to go back and see it again...

dave
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
Originally Posted by shootinurse
Saw the movie this afternoon. Phenomenal. My wife won't watch war flicks, and she was quiet and sat through it all. The audience was quiet throughout, and hardly any words were spoken on the way out.

Same here, once the movie started there wasn't much noise except for some tard in front of us who burst out laughing during 1 scene, for no reason whatsoever.

After it was over people started clapping and I think that's the first time I've seen an entire audience sit through the credits. That pretty much says it all right there.

I'll be adding this one to my dvd collection after it comes out.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Yeah, like I said in the other thread... He's a sociopathic liar.

Bout all you've said is some he said she said b.s.

Kinda easy to run down a dead man.

Don't worry, maybe one day you'll have your own movie.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
Saw the movie yesterday with the wife. Definitely not her type of movie. She told everyone at dinner that it was "really very good".

At the end of the movie someone yelled out "God bless America".

I really don't give a rat's a$$ if the other stories about Kyle are true or not. The man did 4 tours. He killed a LOT of towelheads, saving lives in the process. For that reason alone, he gets my respect/gratitude..........
Posted By: verhoositz Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
I wasn't talking about Jesse Ventura or the contents of the book, but the latest internet BS about CK shooting 2 car jackers in Texas, and the LEO's being given a Ph# to call in DC that got CK a Free Pass...or the deal that Major General Russell Honore disputed never happend where some yahoo said that CK bragged about being on top of the SuperDome with another sniper during Katrina and shooting 30 some looters...no names, no proof, just some JagOff smearing CK's name and the Media is running with it as if it were in the Congressional Record.

Last Sunday morning, 1/25/15, I watched CNN's Michael Smirconish ratout ret'd CIA Officer Bob Bair's wife as a CIA Shooter, when Bair & Paul Ricoff kept going "off message" about the CNN Agenda of smearing Chris Kyle with unattributed unproven events. Bair had already called Smirconish on one statement he'd made, saying YOU ARE taking hear say and repeating it as fact - Smirconish is an Attorney & brags about it - as Bair & Rocoff were getting into how much good the American Snipers had done in saving US Troops lives in Baghdad by shooting every Jihadi with a gun in sight caught in the open on the street in Syder City with the line "...no mortar shells every came out of Syder City while the US Snipers were doing the overwatch"...or words to that effect ....and suddenly Smirconish changed subjects and began pumping Bair about his wife's activities as a CIA Shooter. The look on Bob Bair & Paul Ricoff's faces were incredulous...but to Bair's credit he stood up for his wife's job of providing close quarters public Situational Security for public meetings in bars and restaurants with locals, and busted Smirconish for purposely confusing the 2 kinds activities...explaining the differences...Smirconish just smirked a smile and cut to a Ad Break. I was really hoping Bair would smack the snarky POS on camera before I realized that Bair was on a remote feed...but Ricoff wasn't.
Ron
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Saw the movie yesterday with the wife. Definitely not her type of movie. She told everyone at dinner that it was "really very good".

At the end of the movie someone yelled out "God bless America".

I really don't give a rat's a$$ if the other stories about Kyle are true or not. The man did 4 tours. He killed a LOT of towelheads, saving lives in the process. For that reason alone, he gets my respect/gratitude..........

+1 million
Posted By: dave7mm Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
...no names, no proof, just some JagOff smearing CK's name and the Media is running with it as if it were in the Congressional Record.

If CK poped somebody.
You can figure they needed poping.
With a movie this good and this successful.
You just somehow know, that the jagoffs will be comming out of the woodwork.
Look at this thread.
Filth like Michael Moron isnt anything more than a single brain cell geared for attention.Attached to a mouth stuffed inside a 300 pound sack of chiit.

dave
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
I wasn't talking about Jesse Ventura or the contents of the book, but the latest internet BS about CK shooting 2 car jackers in Texas, and the LEO's being given a Ph# to call in DC that got CK a Free Pass...or the deal that Major General Russell Honore disputed never happend where some yahoo said that CK bragged about being on top of the SuperDome with another sniper during Katrina and shooting 30 some looters...no names, no proof, just some JagOff smearing CK's name and the Media is running with it as if it were in the Congressional Record.

You've obviously not been around many SEALs. These are known as "alcohol-related incidents".
Posted By: whelennut Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
Does anybody know what kind of rifle was
used by the sniper? If I had to guess I would say 338 Lapua?
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
.338 Lapua Magnum-chambered McMillan TAC-338
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
Paul also this

"My favorite was a .300 Win. Mag. rifle with an Accuracy International stock. It was a Crane-designed rifle that handled real well and delivered superior accuracy over standard-issue rifles."
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: American Sniper - 01/26/15
Anyone know if the story about the "AQI" sniper was true or not?
Posted By: sherp Re: American Sniper - 01/27/15

Are you calling Marcus Luttrell a "JagOff"? That is the person told the story about Kyle shooting the 2 guys at a gas station.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: American Sniper - 01/27/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Strick9 Re: American Sniper - 01/27/15
Anybody give me any insight as to the last seen where he cocks the hammer on his pistol, appears to point it as his wife, jokingly says pull down your drawers, kids come in, pistol still cocked, hugs wife, still cocked then places pistol still cocked on the wall sill?

Has to be something to that? Totally out of context and weird.

Gods speed to all the sheep dogs out there.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: American Sniper - 01/27/15
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Kyle wrote about it in his book.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: American Sniper - 01/27/15
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Kyle wrote about it in his book.

Thanks for the info, I didn't read the book so I was sort of wondering about that part.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: American Sniper - 01/27/15
I finally just got my copy yesterday after a month wait from Amazon (they should be ashamed). I have a couple ahead of it, but I'll get around to it, I'm sure it's going to be one very interesting read.
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: American Sniper - 01/27/15
I just finished it last night. You might want to put it ahead of those other books. Everyone who considers themselves an American should read this book.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I finally just got my copy yesterday after a month wait from Amazon (they should be ashamed). I have a couple ahead of it, but I'll get around to it, I'm sure it's going to be one very interesting read.

Good a reason as any to get a kindle.
Posted By: Strick9 Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15
What about the cocked pistol in the last scene? Anyone?
Posted By: fredIII Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15
It was a movie just in case you missed that part
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15
Originally Posted by Strick9

Didnt see any bullets in the cylinder. What is it that you are trying to figure out. He was playing cowboy with his wife and got sidetracked. Perhaps his wife put the gun away?
Posted By: Paradiddle Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15

JMHO & YMMV
Ron

I thought as much!

Now how did the media get the Ventura fight in to Kyle's book AND THEN get a jury to go against him?

Did you read the book? If you did you would know, as I stated earlier, that it's not in there. At least not Ventura's name.
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15
When you finish reading American Sniper, a good follow up is Code Name: Johnny Walker. It gives an interesting perspective of the war. Here is one endorsement:
�Johnny is responsible for saving many American lives, especially SEALs. He has an amazing story that I feel needs to be told, and would touch the hearts of all Americans. I cannot express how many lives have been touched by Johnny, and how many of us owe him our lives.� (CHRIS KYLE, former U.S. Navy SEAL and #1 bestselling author of American Sniper
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84

Didnt see any bullets in the cylinder. What is it that you are trying to figure out. He was playing cowboy with his wife and got sidetracked. Perhaps his wife put the gun away?

In the shooting script, that scene, # 157, is described in this way.

"INT. KYLE HOUSE - DAY

Dust motes drift across blades of light falling through blinds onto Chris. He wears the BELT BUCKLE he won long ago, pleated jeans, and twirls an antique six shooter."

AMERICA SNIPER, Written by Jason Hale, based on the book by Chris Kyle with Scott McEwen and Jim DeFelice. Warner Brothers Pictures. �2014.

There is no further written direction in the script as to what Kyle does with the "antique six shooter" after he "twirls" it.

It has been four or five weeks since I watched it but I seem to recall he placed the revolver on the top of the refrigerator before embracing his wife. (???)

I doubt seriously if director Eastwood would have had Kyle twirling a revolver that "appeared" to be loaded.

L.W.
Thanks it just seemed a foreshadow or something as even having read the book that seemed totally off cue from the rest of the movie, and the camera definitely centered the cocked pistol several times and highlighted the fact that it was left cocked and placed upon the wall sill. Just odd I guess.
The scene actually went.. Chris walks into kitchen, cocks revolver points from hip at wife. Says "Pull them drawers down", they grub around on each other for a second, pistol still shown in hand clearly cocked. Kids come in pistol still shown down by side and in hand cocked, brushes kids away and still cocked. Places cocked pistol on wall sill or overhang and departs. I am no lit guy but it was totally out of script, centered and odd. I will move along now just thought someone with some insight might know a little more.

The oddity is that he pointed a real cocked pistol at his wife, held it cocked uncarefully around his kids then left with it being left cocked on the window sill. I don't get it , no way the director or anyone else missed this movie or not. It had to have some sort of meaning and I suppose it will rise up on the future.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15
It was an Easter Egg, something placed in a movie referencing another movie.

In this case it's a sly hint for Clint's upcoming homage to spaghetti westerns. Clint will reprise his role as Blondie aka the Man with No Name with as yet unnamed actors of similar age to play Tuco and Angel Eyes. Working title so far is "The Gimp, the Grouchy and the Senile"...
Posted By: wageslave Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15
Sir,
I bought one off of Fleabay, two weeks ago......$4.99
Free shipping.
It showed up way too fast, so I looked at the label.
It came UPS 2nd Day Air........
from Amazon......

I was confused.......

I'm reading it anyway.
grin
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15
Didn't like the sixgun silliness, that should have the libs just hating. Or maybe they had to throw a bone to Hollywood and show what a reckless animal he was. Muzzle sweeps? Are you kidding me?
Also had an issue with his nest-making for his long shot on Juba at the end. No way could anyone make a 1000 plus shot on top of a wobbling can like that. I'm sure he made a much better nest for that shot.
Overall, good film -- Band of Brothers left me much damper -- but the only reason this thing wins Oscar meat is because the competition is utter garbage. I was homicidal after 20 minutes of mindless previews for plotless sequels -- FandF MCMDVII, Mad Max 15? YGBSM.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: American Sniper - 01/28/15
The scene actually went.. Chris walks into kitchen, cocks revolver points from hip at wife. Says "Pull them drawers down", they grub around on each other for a second, pistol still shown in hand clearly cocked. Kids come in pistol still shown down by side and in hand cocked, brushes kids away and still cocked. Places cocked pistol on wall sill or overhang and departs. I am no lit guy but it was totally out of script, centered and odd. I will move along now just thought someone with some insight might know a little more.

The oddity is that he pointed a real cocked pistol at his wife, held it cocked uncarefully around his kids then left with it being left cocked on the window sill. I don't get it , no way the director or anyone else missed this movie or not. It had to have some sort of meaning and I suppose it will rise up on the future.

What I posted was an action excerpt from the shooting script I received from Warner Brothers Pictures, along with the DVD of same. I watched the flick four or five weeks ago and had forgot some of the action you described. I remember thinking then, however, that what you described as being some super unsafe gun handling was out-of-character for Kyle.

I know that a director can change a script just about any way he wants. Sometimes the star of the picture can change things in the script to suit him(her)self, also. Either Eastwood told Bradley Cooper to handle the revolver in that unsafe manner, or Cooper "improvised" it and Eastwood liked the "improvisational" take enough to print it and use it in the finished film.

That's Hollywood. wink

L.W.
Posted By: sherp Re: American Sniper - 01/29/15
Originally Posted by Paradiddle

JMHO & YMMV
Ron

I thought as much!

Did you read the book? If you did you would know, as I stated earlier, that it's not in there. At least not Ventura's name.

So how did the media get him to say it was in the book when it wasn't and who it was that wasn't being mentioned in the book?

Posted By: sherp Re: American Sniper - 01/29/15
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Didn't like the sixgun silliness, that should have the libs just hating. Or maybe they had to throw a bone to Hollywood and show what a reckless animal he was. Muzzle sweeps? Are you kidding me?
Also had an issue with his nest-making for his long shot on Juba at the end. No way could anyone make a 1000 plus shot on top of a wobbling can like that. I'm sure he made a much better nest for that shot.
Overall, good film -- Band of Brothers left me much damper -- but the only reason this thing wins Oscar meat is because the competition is utter garbage. I was homicidal after 20 minutes of mindless previews for plotless sequels -- FandF MCMDVII, Mad Max 15? YGBSM.

Posted By: Strick9 Re: American Sniper - 01/30/15
Sherp,

I saw that article when I was doing some research on the scene I mentioned. Its perfectly plausible that the scene is a lead in to something of that exact sort.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: American Sniper - 01/30/15
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Going to the theater with the recliner seats and it was sold out for Friday

Only way to go to the movies for me now

[Linked Image]

Still playing Gone With The Wind and Love Story here.
Posted By: sherp Re: American Sniper - 01/30/15
Sherp,

I saw that article when I was doing some research on the scene I mentioned. Its perfectly plausible that the scene is a lead in to something of that exact sort.

I wasn't meaning it in a bad way! Since Cooper was planning the movie before Kyle was killed then it is a given Kyle was in on the planning. Like everything else that is Kyle, we should believe in and support it.
© 24hourcampfire