-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I finally just got my copy yesterday after a month wait from Amazon (they should be ashamed). I have a couple ahead of it, but I'll get around to it, I'm sure it's going to be one very interesting read.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just finished it last night. You might want to put it ahead of those other books. Everyone who considers themselves an American should read this book.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I finally just got my copy yesterday after a month wait from Amazon (they should be ashamed). I have a couple ahead of it, but I'll get around to it, I'm sure it's going to be one very interesting read.

Good a reason as any to get a kindle.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What about the cocked pistol in the last scene? Anyone?

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It was a movie just in case you missed that part

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Strick9

Didnt see any bullets in the cylinder. What is it that you are trying to figure out. He was playing cowboy with his wife and got sidetracked. Perhaps his wife put the gun away?

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by verhoositz
I wish the AS detractors and BS artists would pay anywhere close to the same attention to the acutal proveable recorded facts about LBJ's role the Civil Rights Movement with MLK that is portrayed in the movie "Selma" ...and a blatant lie.

Pro or Con on the Civil Rights Movement is not the subject here ...just the Media's inability to tell the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth about who did what and when...but the Media can't do THAT. They lie as much by Omission as they do by their trumpeting their brand of BS.

The Media Has to Sell Advertising $$'s and it ain't PC enough to be honest about a provable History....and it is at the expense of Chris Kyle....and the Media needs to be called into account for that.
JMHO & YMMV
Ron

I thought as much!

Now how did the media get the Ventura fight in to Kyle's book AND THEN get a jury to go against him?

Did you read the book? If you did you would know, as I stated earlier, that it's not in there. At least not Ventura's name.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When you finish reading American Sniper, a good follow up is Code Name: Johnny Walker. It gives an interesting perspective of the war. Here is one endorsement:
�Johnny is responsible for saving many American lives, especially SEALs. He has an amazing story that I feel needs to be told, and would touch the hearts of all Americans. I cannot express how many lives have been touched by Johnny, and how many of us owe him our lives.� (CHRIS KYLE, former U.S. Navy SEAL and #1 bestselling author of American Sniper

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84

Didnt see any bullets in the cylinder. What is it that you are trying to figure out. He was playing cowboy with his wife and got sidetracked. Perhaps his wife put the gun away?

In the shooting script, that scene, # 157, is described in this way.

"INT. KYLE HOUSE - DAY

Dust motes drift across blades of light falling through blinds onto Chris. He wears the BELT BUCKLE he won long ago, pleated jeans, and twirls an antique six shooter."

AMERICA SNIPER, Written by Jason Hale, based on the book by Chris Kyle with Scott McEwen and Jim DeFelice. Warner Brothers Pictures. �2014.

There is no further written direction in the script as to what Kyle does with the "antique six shooter" after he "twirls" it.

It has been four or five weeks since I watched it but I seem to recall he placed the revolver on the top of the refrigerator before embracing his wife. (???)

I doubt seriously if director Eastwood would have had Kyle twirling a revolver that "appeared" to be loaded.

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 01/28/15.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks it just seemed a foreshadow or something as even having read the book that seemed totally off cue from the rest of the movie, and the camera definitely centered the cocked pistol several times and highlighted the fact that it was left cocked and placed upon the wall sill. Just odd I guess.

[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The scene actually went.. Chris walks into kitchen, cocks revolver points from hip at wife. Says "Pull them drawers down", they grub around on each other for a second, pistol still shown in hand clearly cocked. Kids come in pistol still shown down by side and in hand cocked, brushes kids away and still cocked. Places cocked pistol on wall sill or overhang and departs. I am no lit guy but it was totally out of script, centered and odd. I will move along now just thought someone with some insight might know a little more.

The oddity is that he pointed a real cocked pistol at his wife, held it cocked uncarefully around his kids then left with it being left cocked on the window sill. I don't get it , no way the director or anyone else missed this movie or not. It had to have some sort of meaning and I suppose it will rise up on the future.

Last edited by Strick9; 01/28/15.

[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was an Easter Egg, something placed in a movie referencing another movie.

In this case it's a sly hint for Clint's upcoming homage to spaghetti westerns. Clint will reprise his role as Blondie aka the Man with No Name with as yet unnamed actors of similar age to play Tuco and Angel Eyes. Working title so far is "The Gimp, the Grouchy and the Senile"...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sir,
I bought one off of Fleabay, two weeks ago......$4.99
Free shipping.
It showed up way too fast, so I looked at the label.
It came UPS 2nd Day Air........
from Amazon......

I was confused.......

I'm reading it anyway.
grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't like the sixgun silliness, that should have the libs just hating. Or maybe they had to throw a bone to Hollywood and show what a reckless animal he was. Muzzle sweeps? Are you kidding me?
Also had an issue with his nest-making for his long shot on Juba at the end. No way could anyone make a 1000 plus shot on top of a wobbling can like that. I'm sure he made a much better nest for that shot.
Overall, good film -- Band of Brothers left me much damper -- but the only reason this thing wins Oscar meat is because the competition is utter garbage. I was homicidal after 20 minutes of mindless previews for plotless sequels -- FandF MCMDVII, Mad Max 15? YGBSM.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The scene actually went.. Chris walks into kitchen, cocks revolver points from hip at wife. Says "Pull them drawers down", they grub around on each other for a second, pistol still shown in hand clearly cocked. Kids come in pistol still shown down by side and in hand cocked, brushes kids away and still cocked. Places cocked pistol on wall sill or overhang and departs. I am no lit guy but it was totally out of script, centered and odd. I will move along now just thought someone with some insight might know a little more.

The oddity is that he pointed a real cocked pistol at his wife, held it cocked uncarefully around his kids then left with it being left cocked on the window sill. I don't get it , no way the director or anyone else missed this movie or not. It had to have some sort of meaning and I suppose it will rise up on the future.

What I posted was an action excerpt from the shooting script I received from Warner Brothers Pictures, along with the DVD of same. I watched the flick four or five weeks ago and had forgot some of the action you described. I remember thinking then, however, that what you described as being some super unsafe gun handling was out-of-character for Kyle.

I know that a director can change a script just about any way he wants. Sometimes the star of the picture can change things in the script to suit him(her)self, also. Either Eastwood told Bradley Cooper to handle the revolver in that unsafe manner, or Cooper "improvised" it and Eastwood liked the "improvisational" take enough to print it and use it in the finished film.

That's Hollywood. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by verhoositz
I wish the AS detractors and BS artists would pay anywhere close to the same attention to the acutal proveable recorded facts about LBJ's role the Civil Rights Movement with MLK that is portrayed in the movie "Selma" ...and a blatant lie.

Pro or Con on the Civil Rights Movement is not the subject here ...just the Media's inability to tell the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth about who did what and when...but the Media can't do THAT. They lie as much by Omission as they do by their trumpeting their brand of BS.

The Media Has to Sell Advertising $$'s and it ain't PC enough to be honest about a provable History....and it is at the expense of Chris Kyle....and the Media needs to be called into account for that.
JMHO & YMMV
Ron

I thought as much!

Now how did the media get the Ventura fight in to Kyle's book AND THEN get a jury to go against him?

Did you read the book? If you did you would know, as I stated earlier, that it's not in there. At least not Ventura's name.

So how did the media get him to say it was in the book when it wasn't and who it was that wasn't being mentioned in the book?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Didn't like the sixgun silliness, that should have the libs just hating. Or maybe they had to throw a bone to Hollywood and show what a reckless animal he was. Muzzle sweeps? Are you kidding me?
Also had an issue with his nest-making for his long shot on Juba at the end. No way could anyone make a 1000 plus shot on top of a wobbling can like that. I'm sure he made a much better nest for that shot.
Overall, good film -- Band of Brothers left me much damper -- but the only reason this thing wins Oscar meat is because the competition is utter garbage. I was homicidal after 20 minutes of mindless previews for plotless sequels -- FandF MCMDVII, Mad Max 15? YGBSM.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2013/02/08/cooper-sniper-movie-gun-control/

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sherp,

I saw that article when I was doing some research on the scene I mentioned. Its perfectly plausible that the scene is a lead in to something of that exact sort.

[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Going to the theater with the recliner seats and it was sold out for Friday

Only way to go to the movies for me now

[Linked Image]

Still playing Gone With The Wind and Love Story here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sherp,

I saw that article when I was doing some research on the scene I mentioned. Its perfectly plausible that the scene is a lead in to something of that exact sort.

I wasn't meaning it in a bad way! Since Cooper was planning the movie before Kyle was killed then it is a given Kyle was in on the planning. Like everything else that is Kyle, we should believe in and support it.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 50 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,664
Posts18,474,697
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.