Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my REAL World...... YOU don't exist.

And yet you keep responding
You seem to be just as much of a Drama Queen

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Most war movies almost always get the tanks wrong.
They had a M1 Abrams in several shots..
The equipment for the most part looked "right"
A Clint hallmark.

dave

I'm almost certain the tank was a prop. I'd love for someone to be able to chime in, but to me it appeared to be an M60 or M48 chassis done up to look like an M1 with a turret that was also fabricated to appear to be an M1. Spent six years in close daily proximity to Abrams tanks and something about the bottom half of that tank wasn't right.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Saw the movie this afternoon. Phenomenal. My wife won't watch war flicks, and she was quiet and sat through it all. The audience was quiet throughout, and hardly any words were spoken on the way out.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by erickg
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Most war movies almost always get the tanks wrong.
They had a M1 Abrams in several shots..
The equipment for the most part looked "right"
A Clint hallmark.

dave

I'm almost certain the tank was a prop. I'd love for someone to be able to chime in, but to me it appeared to be an M60 or M48 chassis done up to look like an M1 with a turret that was also fabricated to appear to be an M1. Spent six years in close daily proximity to Abrams tanks and something about the bottom half of that tank wasn't right.

Thank you for that.
Now that you mention it.
The lower track/hull part doesnt look right.
I wondered.
There arnt many places you can lay your hands on a M1A1 tank.
I would not be surprised if your right about it being a prop tank....
I just might have to go back and see it again...

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootinurse
Saw the movie this afternoon. Phenomenal. My wife won't watch war flicks, and she was quiet and sat through it all. The audience was quiet throughout, and hardly any words were spoken on the way out.

Same here, once the movie started there wasn't much noise except for some tard in front of us who burst out laughing during 1 scene, for no reason whatsoever.

After it was over people started clapping and I think that's the first time I've seen an entire audience sit through the credits. That pretty much says it all right there.

I'll be adding this one to my dvd collection after it comes out.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Yeah, like I said in the other thread... He's a sociopathic liar.

Bout all you've said is some he said she said b.s.

Kinda easy to run down a dead man.

Don't worry, maybe one day you'll have your own movie.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw the movie yesterday with the wife. Definitely not her type of movie. She told everyone at dinner that it was "really very good".

At the end of the movie someone yelled out "God bless America".

I really don't give a rat's a$$ if the other stories about Kyle are true or not. The man did 4 tours. He killed a LOT of towelheads, saving lives in the process. For that reason alone, he gets my respect/gratitude..........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wasn't talking about Jesse Ventura or the contents of the book, but the latest internet BS about CK shooting 2 car jackers in Texas, and the LEO's being given a Ph# to call in DC that got CK a Free Pass...or the deal that Major General Russell Honore disputed never happend where some yahoo said that CK bragged about being on top of the SuperDome with another sniper during Katrina and shooting 30 some looters...no names, no proof, just some JagOff smearing CK's name and the Media is running with it as if it were in the Congressional Record.

Last Sunday morning, 1/25/15, I watched CNN's Michael Smirconish ratout ret'd CIA Officer Bob Bair's wife as a CIA Shooter, when Bair & Paul Ricoff kept going "off message" about the CNN Agenda of smearing Chris Kyle with unattributed unproven events. Bair had already called Smirconish on one statement he'd made, saying YOU ARE taking hear say and repeating it as fact - Smirconish is an Attorney & brags about it - as Bair & Rocoff were getting into how much good the American Snipers had done in saving US Troops lives in Baghdad by shooting every Jihadi with a gun in sight caught in the open on the street in Syder City with the line "...no mortar shells every came out of Syder City while the US Snipers were doing the overwatch"...or words to that effect ....and suddenly Smirconish changed subjects and began pumping Bair about his wife's activities as a CIA Shooter. The look on Bob Bair & Paul Ricoff's faces were incredulous...but to Bair's credit he stood up for his wife's job of providing close quarters public Situational Security for public meetings in bars and restaurants with locals, and busted Smirconish for purposely confusing the 2 kinds activities...explaining the differences...Smirconish just smirked a smile and cut to a Ad Break. I was really hoping Bair would smack the snarky POS on camera before I realized that Bair was on a remote feed...but Ricoff wasn't.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Saw the movie yesterday with the wife. Definitely not her type of movie. She told everyone at dinner that it was "really very good".

At the end of the movie someone yelled out "God bless America".

I really don't give a rat's a$$ if the other stories about Kyle are true or not. The man did 4 tours. He killed a LOT of towelheads, saving lives in the process. For that reason alone, he gets my respect/gratitude..........

+1 million

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by verhoositz
...no names, no proof, just some JagOff smearing CK's name and the Media is running with it as if it were in the Congressional Record.

If CK poped somebody.
You can figure they needed poping.
With a movie this good and this successful.
You just somehow know, that the jagoffs will be comming out of the woodwork.
Look at this thread.
Filth like Michael Moron isnt anything more than a single brain cell geared for attention.Attached to a mouth stuffed inside a 300 pound sack of chiit.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I wasn't talking about Jesse Ventura or the contents of the book, but the latest internet BS about CK shooting 2 car jackers in Texas, and the LEO's being given a Ph# to call in DC that got CK a Free Pass...or the deal that Major General Russell Honore disputed never happend where some yahoo said that CK bragged about being on top of the SuperDome with another sniper during Katrina and shooting 30 some looters...no names, no proof, just some JagOff smearing CK's name and the Media is running with it as if it were in the Congressional Record.

You've obviously not been around many SEALs. These are known as "alcohol-related incidents".

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Does anybody know what kind of rifle was
used by the sniper? If I had to guess I would say 338 Lapua?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
.338 Lapua Magnum-chambered McMillan TAC-338

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul also this

"My favorite was a .300 Win. Mag. rifle with an Accuracy International stock. It was a Crane-designed rifle that handled real well and delivered superior accuracy over standard-issue rifles."

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone know if the story about the "AQI" sniper was true or not?

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Are you calling Marcus Luttrell a "JagOff"? That is the person told the story about Kyle shooting the 2 guys at a gas station.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anybody give me any insight as to the last seen where he cocks the hammer on his pistol, appears to point it as his wife, jokingly says pull down your drawers, kids come in, pistol still cocked, hugs wife, still cocked then places pistol still cocked on the wall sill?

Has to be something to that? Totally out of context and weird.

Gods speed to all the sheep dogs out there.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Kyle wrote about it in his book.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Kyle wrote about it in his book.

Thanks for the info, I didn't read the book so I was sort of wondering about that part.

Steelhead

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,361
Posts18,506,359
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.