Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Good movie. I don't go to movies often, maybe 2 times a year. Last movie was Lone Survivor. Good movies both, but thought American Sniper was better. There was not a sound as people left the theatre.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same here in Lubbock, TX. MLK Day off and took my wife to see it. It was moving. Complete silence when it was over and as we filed out of the theater. COMPLETE silence. WOW.

We decided to leave our kids home. Glad we did. I saw some friends and he had his son with him....probably 13 YO or so. He was crying after the movie. I didn't cry.....but I was emotional afterwards. I remember seeing news footage of the people lining the road for the funeral procession.

I hope everybody sees it.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Wow! You have a 30' screen in your house? That's awesome.

guy that owns the Salmon Bake here has a home theater

stadium seating, the works, guess it's pretty jazzy, not sure about the size of his screen will have to ask

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I saw it tonight. Very well done.
I sat next to a girl who was texting and behind me another one's phone was ringing.
In front of me a kid was playing with a plastic straw and a cup and got up four different times. His mother gave him her cup so he then had two to play with.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I saw it today. Very good and very moving.

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Good movie. I don't go to movies often, maybe 2 times a year. Last movie was Lone Survivor. Good movies both, but thought American Sniper was better. There was not a sound as people left the theatre.

Same thing tonight. The funeral procession scenes were unbelievable. More than any Presidential funeral that I've ever seen.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Did the movie show Kyle shooting from the roof of the Superdome?

Other than all the blathering on the Ronpaul forums, do you have any proof? Where did the bodies go? You don't think the media would LOVE to run with it if they could substantiate it? Pony up some proof.

I have no idea if it was mentioned on Ronpaul forums or not. Chris Kyle said that he did it. Much like he said he killed 2 guys trying to steal his truck with less police interest than a fender bender accident report which was mentioned in Marcus Luttrell's book and much like how he got in a bar fight with and then knocked out Jessie Ventura. Kyle did all of those things so why would you doubt it?

I haven't seen it yet, will probably wait for it on pay pre view. With that said I wonder about some of the stories Kyle said too, like the three listed above.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
what a gripping, emotionally draining movie. excellent though, highs, lows, repeat. my wife cried and cried on the way home.

the 'fall down the steep cliff' scene in lone survivor was beyond belief so I wasn't as INTO that movie. This movie made me feel the most drained I've felt leaving a theater since Private Ryan. Both just seem to make me take stock of my life's worth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went today, excellent flick.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GunGeek
As much as I wanna see it, I'll wait for it to come out on video. With a big screen TV, surround sound, and the comfort of my own home (meaning I can have a cold beer, pause when I have to run to the restroom), movie theaters just don't offer anything to me anymore. In fact, they seriously take away from the experience for me.

Still, I can't wait to see this one.

+1 And add to all that, the azzhole in the movie theater who gets a cel phone call half way thru the show.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went tonight for my second time seeing the movie.
A late 10:30 showing
Again the place was packed.
Again not a sound as the people filed out.
The end of the movie is hard to watch.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Hotload
+1 And add to all that, the azzhole in the movie theater who gets a cel phone call half way thru the show.

That'll get you shot in Florida.. whistle

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by flagstaff
[b]

back when Platoon came out, I went with a Vet family member at a theater about an hour away.

Not a peep as the crowd let out. And as we walked to the truck, he could see I was a little stunned from the movie, so he grabbed me by the arm, and as we hopped in the truck, I can still hear him plainly ask me ...."any questions?"
As if to say, you asked, and there you go.

Ah, nope. Silence the rest of the way back.

Anticipating this one as well.

Last edited by WillARights; 01/25/15.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by 222Rem

Other than all the blathering on the Ronpaul forums, do you have any proof? Where did the bodies go? You don't think the media would LOVE to run with it if they could substantiate it? Pony up some proof.

I have no idea if it was mentioned on Ronpaul forums or not. Chris Kyle said that he did it. Much like he said he killed 2 guys trying to steal his truck with less police interest than a fender bender accident report which was mentioned in Marcus Luttrell's book and much like how he got in a bar fight with and then knocked out Jessie Ventura. Kyle did all of those things so why would you doubt it?

I haven't seen it yet, will probably wait for it on pay pre view. With that said I wonder about some of the stories Kyle said too, like the three listed above.

What is there to wonder about?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
a great movie, the whole theater was silent at the end.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jimmyp
a great movie, the whole theater was silent at the end.

Went yesterday and was impressed by the silence in the theater at the end. My wife leaned over and whispered "there's a lot of respect for him".

What would Porter Rockwell do?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
We saw it last night. Silence in the theater when it was over. I'm in absolute awe of our military.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Went tonight for my second time seeing the movie.
A late 10:30 showing
Again the place was packed.
Again not a sound as the people filed out.
The end of the movie is hard to watch.
dave

+1 The ending was tough to watch

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Same here in Lubbock, TX. MLK Day off and took my wife to see it. It was moving. Complete silence when it was over and as we filed out of the theater. COMPLETE silence. WOW.

We decided to leave our kids home. Glad we did. I saw some friends and he had his son with him....probably 13 YO or so. He was crying after the movie. I didn't cry.....but I was emotional afterwards. I remember seeing news footage of the people lining the road for the funeral procession.

I hope everybody sees it.

I didn't cry but there sure was a lot of dust in that movie theatre that made my eyes water , allergies and all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
Dead silence when leaving the theater on Saturday night. Amazing. Great film - an interesting pace to the movie that wasn't too fast or too slow. Bradly Cooper and Sienna Grimes nailed it.

The footage at the end was brutal.

Clint is a pure film maker - not an ounce of heavy handedness in this film.

I agree. It flowed very smoothly through the four tours of duty - no bogging down like many do. We all knew what happened at the end of the story yet when it came in the movie it was so sad. Very well done movie by all concerned.

And, in our theatre too, complete silence as everyone filed out.

I was going to see it for no other reason than two personalities poles apart - Eastwood and Moore.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

219 members (260Remguy, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2UP, 160user, 21 invisible), 1,960 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,509
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.