Home
Posted By: JoeBob Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
While I've enjoyed the Trump spectacle, I haven't paid that much attention to what he has actually said beyond the few bombs he has thrown out there. But yesterday, I spent an hour or so catching up on some of the interviews he has been giving to the press on MSNBC and the like. After listening to that, I'm convinced that Trump actually wants to win and is in this thing to win, not just make a spectacle.

In the interviews, he is really engaging and more than his disgust with the current state of things, his sense of optimism comes out. He has that same sort of charisma that Reagan had when it comes to expressing a belief in the country. And further, he gets along great with the press and is really polished at it. While the conflicts he has had with various interviewers make for quick and juicy clips and soundbites, what they don't show is that in most of the interviews, is that for much of the interviews he has the interviewer laughing and smiling with him while he never gives an inch. Trump can say something like, "I love you Laura, you know I do. Remember how long we talked at the charity ball last year? So, you know I love you. But, Laura, you're just flat wrong and that is really disingenuous of you to say that because it is just a lie." And most of the time, the interviewer will get flustered, laugh, and smile, and move on to another talking point where it will be rinse, wash, and repeat.

This guy is a natural politician in a way we haven't seen in a long time. He is a guy who, like Reagan was, has been a rich and powerful insider for most of his life, but who can successfully portray himself as an outsider who is bucking the system. But, more than just being an angry white dude, he is someone has a natural charisma that radiates optimism. Trump believes he can do anything and after listening to him for a bit, most people won't argue with him and begin to believe that maybe he can.

Oh, and one more thing. Women absolutely love the guy. He will crush the women's vote in a way we haven't seen a Republican candidate do in a long time.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Trump wants to winrda - 08/05/15
Women love the guy?
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Trump wants to winrda - 08/05/15
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Women love the guy?

Women like guys with money and confidence, or confidence and money. Trump has plenty of both. Women will be throwing their panties at him like it is a rock concert.
Posted By: RWE Re: Trump wants to winrda - 08/05/15
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Women will be throwing their panties at him like it is a rock concert.

Be like a Tom Jones concert, eh?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
JoeBob: I hope you are right. Im afraid he will come out of this debate looking like an ass clown...

And I hope I'm wrong.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
This country needs a leader we can believe in. A great leader could literally pull us all up with him. Right now spirits are so low in this country it's almost to the point of America's destruction being a self-fulfilling prophecy due to our despair.

We really, REALLY need a great man to lead this country. Someone that's had success in life, not failure. Someone that knows what it means to win and believes in himself and the country.

These liberals are so sick I couldn't even begin to know why they're such dismal failures at life and happiness. But they are, and they need to go.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This country needs a leader we can believe in. A great leader could literally pull us all up with him. Right now spirits are so low in this country it's almost to the point of America's destruction being a self-fulfilling prophecy due to our despair.

We really, REALLY need a great man to lead this country. Someone that's had success in life, not failure. Someone that knows what it means to win and believes in himself and the country.

These liberals are so sick I couldn't even begin to know why they're such dismal failures at life and happiness. But they are, and they need to go.

Good words, those.

I think we have several such men in the race currently. Trump and Walker are two that come to mind immediately; Cruz as well.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
I don't know about Trump. He could be the best thing that ever happened to the country, the worst, or he could be flat out incompetent as a president. But, he is a pretty damned good candidate and a certified giant in this sea of midget candidates.
I will admit. We do need someone who is voicing what we have all been thinking for years. Trump is doing that, without fear of PC retaliation.
Hopefully he will keep doing it, and it will keep working.
Posted By: tzone Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
This country is like the Bad News Bears. The players are available for success. There are people in this country that can lead us to the right path, they just need to step up and lead.

This country has no leadership right now and it's the laughing stock of the world.

If it's Trump that gets us there, then it's trump.

Get rid of the people on the team that are there to ruin it.

Nobody dared F with the USA in the 80's when Regan ran the show, and again with Bush did. If they did, a steel-toe was firmly planted in said ass.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
wealth makes you unapologetic

every conservative politician knows the dangers we face on dumping central and south America into our country as cheap labor but they won't do a damn thing about it because business wants its and latino's are a voting block that will keep conservatives out of power.

If they had the balls to tell their business donors lining their pockets decades ago to GFY and try to keep American immigration under control they wouldn't be in this situation now.

Trump is just saying what every politicians wants to say except they can't because they'll be cut off financially.

Does that make Trump a good candidate for president? I have no idea, but I'll keep saying it as long as he keeps doing it - I don't want him to go away anytime soon.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
This country needs a leader we can believe in.
I agree, but that does not define Trump in any capacity. The only thing I can believe in with Trump is inconsistency and dishonest bravado. Not very inspiring.
Posted By: passport Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Originally Posted by ingwe
JoeBob: I hope you are right. Im afraid he will come out of this debate looking like an ass clown...

And I hope I'm wrong.

No matter what he says or does the liberal drive by media will spin it that way. Hes has some great ways to deal with them and I hope he pounds them like he should

My concern is he did have some liberal posture in the past. I like the guy and hes got huge balls, but is he as conservative as he says?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
If he is ultimately up against the rainbow candidate, I hope he wins too.

We can't take another 8 years of this schidt.

Seriously, what could Donald fug up now?
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
frankly, at this point, I'd welcome The Donald as President. He does NOT hate America, he is PRO business, he has been successful, he wants the Country to do well, and he is not a dhimmicrat.
There may well be better candidates out there, but if he were to run, I will vote for him, and pray he wins.
Face it, the kenyan has set the bar of competance so low, that virtually anyone is 'qualified' for the job.
Posted By: deflave Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15

To who? So far Americans can't get enough of him. Despite the media and Republicans praying otherwise.

There is only ONE person everybody is talking about regarding tomorrow's debate. And that's Trump.

Travis
The worse he looks in the debate, the better. He can simply say, "I'm not a professional politician."

That said, you don't get to be where he is by being an idiot or a bombastic ass clown. You have to know how to make nice and schmooze when you need to. I'll bet he is relatively low key and tries his best to look presidential tomorrow. If attacked, he'll respond, but his campaign has gotten to the point where he needs to be more than just a bomb thrower.
Originally Posted by deflave

To who? So far Americans can't get enough of him. Despite the media and Republicans praying otherwise.

There is only ONE person everybody is talking about regarding tomorrow's debate. And that's Trump.

Travis

You are right.

That makes me feel better.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
"more than just a bomb thrower."

I agree with your post.

It is remarkable, though, when a society sinks to the point that telling the truth is so uncommon that it hits like a "bomb".
The worse he looks in the debate, the better. He can simply say, "I'm not a professional politician."

That said, you don't get to be where he is by being an idiot or a bombastic ass clown. You have to know how to make nice and schmooze when you need to. I'll bet he is relatively low key and tries his best to look presidential tomorrow. If attacked, he'll respond, but his campaign has gotten to the point where he needs to be more than just a bomb thrower.

I predict all candidates are going to avoid confrontation like the plague. It's going to show he is running the Republican show and his campaign is likely counting on that.

God help the first Republican that tries and throw a jab his way. Because the haymakers were probably rough drafted 30 days ago, and are now sharpened like spears.

Travis

Economically speaking, there is a lot that could be fixed in this country with nothing more than a sense of optimism in the productive class. With that, this country could look completely different in three or four years without a damned thing of substance changing.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Yeah, they will probably all tread lightly.

It ain't time to take gloves off yet. Soon though...
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
With Obama's proclamation that climate change is our biggest threat, and his subsequent power plant regulations, I'm guessing the EPA is the next tool of choice for the destruction of America.
A President that understands a countries need for productivity and supports it could put a stop to that BS real quick. Trump understands productivity.
We forget that Trump has been constantly in the media and on countless television shows, including his own, for more or less the last twenty years. This guy BY EXPERIENCE is the most media savvy and polished candidate we've seen since Reagan. He is practically an actor himself.

With Obama's proclamation that climate change is our biggest threat, and his subsequent power plant regulations, I'm guessing the EPA is the next tool of choice for the destruction of America.
A President that understands a countries need for productivity and supports it could put a stop to that BS real quick. Trump understands productivity.

In one of the interviews Trump said that the one good thing about executive orders and presidential directives is that the new president can make them go away with the stroke of a pen on his first day in office.

That tells you how he is thinking.

God help the first Republican that tries and throw a jab his way. Because the haymakers were probably rough drafted 30 days ago, and are now sharpened like spears.

Travis

Which btw, is what a well prepared businessman/politician should be doing.

It also tells me he IS thinking. Something congress and lifetime polotico's stopped doing long ago.
I heard him on an interview throw a soft jab or two at Walker yesterday. Did you know that Wisconsin has a two and a half billion dollar budget deficit? I didn't. That is a pretty easy point to demolish the credibility of a Republican candidate running on fiscal responsibility and all that.
I heard him on an interview throw a soft jab or two at Walker yesterday. Did you know that Wisconsin has a two and a half billion dollar budget deficit? I didn't. That is a pretty easy point to demolish the credibility of a Republican candidate running on fiscal responsibility and all that.

Considering what Walker inherited in WI and has been trying to fix, a deficit is no great surprise. A ton of that is due to the bloated state retirement (union) system that he inherited.

Trump has his own track record of deficits and default, so attacking Walker on trying to right a ship of leftist bankruptcy in WI ain't exactly a good tack.

In one of the interviews Trump said that the one good thing about executive orders and presidential directives is that the new president can make them go away with the stroke of a pen on his first day in office.

Agreed.
We forget that Trump has been constantly in the media and on countless television shows, including his own, for more or less the last twenty years. This guy BY EXPERIENCE is the most media savvy and polished candidate we've seen since Reagan. He is practically an actor himself.

Again, agreed.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Trump is appealing to the libertarian side of America. That's why you don't see Cruz criticize him. Most people are to dumb to realize that they ARE libertarian. It has been ingrained in American society that you have to be Republican, or Democrat, and either agree completely with "your" parties established platform or be left out.

My favorite statement from Trump was when he was asked about his personal tax breaks. He said...

“I fight like hell to pay as little as possible for two reasons. Number one, I’m a businessman. And that’s the way you’re supposed to do it,” Trump said in an interview with CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “The other reason is that I hate the way our government spends our taxes. I hate the way they waste our money. Trillions and trillions of dollars of waste and abuse. And I hate it.”

IMHO, that is libertarian to the bone...not Republican, not Democrat...LIBERTARIAN.
Trump really is just saying common sense things that everyone used to take for granted.
I would love to see Trump against Hillary.

"Hillary and I are both very rich. Obviously, I'm a lot richer, but Hillary's financial disclosures show that she and her husband are worth around $250 million. That's really rich by almost any standard.

Now, everyone knows how I made mine. I've been very, enormously successful in business. I've built an empire. But what has Hillary done to make her money? She has been a lawyer. Unlike most people, I like lawyers. I've got hundreds, maybe thousands of them who work for me. But none of them who work for me are worth that much. She has been the first lady of a small state. She has been the first lady of the United States. She has been a U.S. Senator. And, of course, the secretary of state.

In all those jobs, her highest salary was probably $300k a year. That is a nice salary, but as many of you middle class people out there know, it isn't rich. So, how is it that someone who has touted herself as public servant her whole life and who probably made $300k a year is now worth hundreds of millions of dollars?

I'll tell you how, she was bought and paid for by rich people like me. THAT is what is wrong with America. And you had better damned well believe that those rich people want and expect something for their money. I did."

How does Hillary survive that brutally truthful attack? I don't see how she could. And he is the only candidate who can make that amazingly simple and effective attack.

"Hillary and I are both very rich. Obviously, I'm a lot richer, but Hillary's financial disclosures show that she and her husband are worth around $250 million. That's really rich by almost any standard.

Now, everyone knows how I made mine. I've been very, enormously successful in business. I've built an empire. But what has Hillary done to make her money? She has been a lawyer. Unlike most people, I like lawyers. I've got hundreds, maybe thousands of them who work for me. But none of them who work for me are worth that much. She has been the first lady of a small state. She has been the first lady of the United States. She has been a U.S. Senator. And, of course, the secretary of state.

In all those jobs, her highest salary was probably $300k a year. That is a nice salary, but as many of you middle class people out there know, it isn't rich. So, how is it that someone who has touted herself as public servant her whole life and who probably made $300k a year is now worth hundreds of millions of dollars?

I'll tell you how, she was bought and paid for by rich people like me. THAT is what is wrong with America. And you had better damned well believe that those rich people want and expect something for their money. I did."

How does Hillary survive that brutally truthful attack? I don't see how she could. And he is the only candidate who can make that amazingly simple and effective attack.

I'd pay-per-view to see THAT happen!
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
I can't believe that some of the media is questioning Trump's ability. Look at everybody else running. What's their abilities? For the most part they're just another crop of lyin' ass career politicians.

Also,..Trump is competitive as *hell*. He likes success. As far as I'm concerned, the last 3 administrations have been failures. Trump wouldn't want "failed President" on his resume'. He doesn't need to use the Presidency to feather his nest. It's already feathered. Success to him as President would be to leave the country in much better condition than he found it.

We can banter back and forth about ideology all day long,...and I've done as much as that as anybody. But the reason I like Trump for President is, He's smart. He understands large scale money and finance. He's a very tough negotiator, and he *hates* failure.

His time in office would be spent making international deals to improve America's economic status. If you want to get an audience with him to discuss gay marriage or that mean old Confederate flag,...good luck. He doesn't have time for your nonsense. He's got a business to run.

His latest business venture is America.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
liberals will do everything possible to paint him as a male SP

was reading an article in MarketWatch this a.m. and to illustrate a point they used the phrase "as muddled as listening to Trump speak on foreign policy"

Dan Quayle is a magnitude smarter than Biden, but what's Quayle remembered for?

Trump wouldn't be my first choice for prez, but he's far from my last.
Posted By: Anjin Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
While I've enjoyed the Trump spectacle, I haven't paid that much attention to what he has actually said beyond the few bombs he has thrown out there. But yesterday, I spent an hour or so catching up on some of the interviews he has been giving to the press on MSNBC and the like. After listening to that, I'm convinced that Trump actually wants to win and is in this thing to win, not just make a spectacle.

In the interviews, he is really engaging and more than his disgust with the current state of things, his sense of optimism comes out. He has that same sort of charisma that Reagan had when it comes to expressing a belief in the country. And further, he gets along great with the press and is really polished at it. While the conflicts he has had with various interviewers make for quick and juicy clips and soundbites, what they don't show is that in most of the interviews, is that for much of the interviews he has the interviewer laughing and smiling with him while he never gives an inch. Trump can say something like, "I love you Laura, you know I do. Remember how long we talked at the charity ball last year? So, you know I love you. But, Laura, you're just flat wrong and that is really disingenuous of you to say that because it is just a lie." And most of the time, the interviewer will get flustered, laugh, and smile, and move on to another talking point where it will be rinse, wash, and repeat.

This guy is a natural politician in a way we haven't seen in a long time. He is a guy who, like Reagan was, has been a rich and powerful insider for most of his life, but who can successfully portray himself as an outsider who is bucking the system. But, more than just being an angry white dude, he is someone has a natural charisma that radiates optimism. Trump believes he can do anything and after listening to him for a bit, most people won't argue with him and begin to believe that maybe he can.

Oh, and one more thing. Women absolutely love the guy. He will crush the women's vote in a way we haven't seen a Republican candidate do in a long time.

Well said.

I wrote earlier on another thread that Donald Trump might not really want the job –– but nonetheless could make a major impact in shaping the dialogue, which might satisfy him.

However, the other candidates for the nomination are largely not rising to the bait and are sticking to their own concepts of what to say. I am losing confidence that they will be responsive, and I think Trump feels the same way. He will have to stay the course, and you may be right that the numbers are persuading him to do so.

His sense of optimism does seem to resonate. He also seems to have Reagan's "Teflon" characteristic of criticism not sticking.

A couple of other points are worth mentioning.

First, he is plenty smart to be President. Look at the record. The most intellectual and reflective Presidents seem to have been Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama. Many think they are among the worst we've had.

Like Obama, I went to Columbia and was exposed to much of the same training, though from what I can see, given his non-disclosure of his transcript and records, he missed out on a lot of the core training. He has had a great record of talking the talk and persuading folks to follow him, but his philosophy is suspect in the real world. I've been there and know what he did study, and he bought into the wrong stuff.

Many of the greatest Presidents, and I would include both Roosevelts, Truman, Eisenhower, Reagan and of course some of the early ones, did not pretend to be intellectuals. but were in fact very, very smart. Character and values count for much more than a belief that one is smarter than everyone else.

Second, the MSM today was complaining that Trump has not yet spelled out all the details of how he would implement his proposals such as closing the border. Sure, they would like to get answers, but no candidate answers such questions and each understands the effort is an attack. No one should think that Trump fails to grasp this.

What journalists overlook is that for a successful businessman like Trump, one delegates the details to others. He sets policy and approves the concepts and implementation. From his books, it is clear that he digs into details of business deals just fine.

As I write this. Obama is on TV attempting to convince the public that his Iran deal "guarantees" that Iran will never have a nuclear bomb and a lot of other BS. I guess he thinks that if he says it in a very persuasive way, people will believe it. Somehow, his record works against him for me.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Trump is an enormously successful guy who made his money in a VERY tough business. He is smart and fast on his feet but he is more earthbound than most of these week kneed ,compromising politicians,who, to him, are mere bumps in the road on the way to his objective. He will steam roll them.

He has had to deal with everyone from the bricks and mortar guys to the Wall Street hedge fun managers and can relate to both.This is the reason he resonates so well with so many people. No BS, straight shooter and not accustomed to not getting his way. People sense this and like his fundamental principles.

He is going to chew up most of these professional politicians (like Hillary) for breakfast because they repeat scripts and platitudes; Trump tells you what he is going to do. And he means it. People know this.

He may not get the nomination but he will have do-nothing clowns like Boehner and McConnel and Rove crapping their pants before it's over.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Look at everybody else running. What's their abilities?

I don't know man. Huckabee really seems to have his schit together. Fox News even gave him his own show for awhile.

Travis
Posted By: Duckhunter Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15

I think that is the bottom line with Trump. Well said.
Posted By: add Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15

A brilliant white-hot poker that rings the populism bell.

Good stuff, send it off to his campaign.
Posted By: Everyday Hunter Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
I have the suspicion that the media will not attack the Trump campaign, unless and until he wins the nomination, because he is too good at handling their attacks. Until then they will take the easy path, which is what they're doing when they frame it as a sideshow.

If Trump becomes the nominee of the Republican party, he will get virtually no serious interviews, but the talking heads will take what he says on the campaign trail, twist it around, and use it to make him look like a fool, which may not be hard if they keep an arm's length distance from him.

I'm not surprised Trump is doing well. I am surprised he's on top by so much, but as the candidates get winnowed he won't draw much new support. I'll be very surprised if he is the nominee.

Best case scenario is that Trump insists certain issues be on the table, gets lots of attention for them, and at some point withdraws and throws his support to someone he says he has influenced to take up those issues.

Worse case scenario is that he stays strong all the way to the convention, wins enough delegates to be a serious power broker, but fails in a brokered convention to get the nomination he feels he earned. That's what will push him to run as a third party candidate. Then we have 0bama's so-called "third term."

Steve.
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter

I'm not surprised Trump is doing well. I am surprised he's on top by so much, but as the candidates get winnowed he won't draw much new support.

He gains more support daily.

Travis

I'm not surprised Trump is doing well. I am surprised he's on top by so much, but as the candidates get winnowed he won't draw much new support.

He gains more support daily.

Travis

It's still very early. Keep watching.

Steve.
Posted By: northwestalaska Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
TRavis:

Trump is Hillary's Manchurian Candidate. He will take out all on the GOP side that can challenge Clinton and then take a dive. Enjoy the show but don't buy into the sales pitch, he is taking you for a ride.
I can't believe that some of the media is questioning Trump's ability. Look at everybody else running. What's their abilities? For the most part they're just another crop of lyin' ass career politicians.

Also,..Trump is competitive as *hell*. He likes success. As far as I'm concerned, the last 3 administrations have been failures. Trump wouldn't want "failed President" on his resume'. He doesn't need to use the Presidency to feather his nest. It's already feathered. Success to him as President would be to leave the country in much better condition than he found it.

We can banter back and forth about ideology all day long,...and I've done as much as that as anybody. But the reason I like Trump for President is, He's smart. He understands large scale money and finance. He's a very tough negotiator, and he *hates* failure.

His time in office would be spent making international deals to improve America's economic status. If you want to get an audience with him to discuss gay marriage or that mean old Confederate flag,...good luck. He doesn't have time for your nonsense. He's got a business to run.

Yes. I still believe Cruz has the same ideology, but he doesn't have the (financial) ass and media history that Trump does. I'm squarely in the camp of anybody outside the establishment that can win.
Everybody check your feet. Somebody stepped in something.
Posted By: RWE Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Good gracious, there's been a digital bowel movement....
Hahaha...cybershit.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Yes. I still believe Cruz has the same ideology, but he doesn't have the (financial) ass and media history that Trump does. I'm squarely in the camp of anybody outside the establishment that can win.

According to my Follow the money thread; Cruz has raised over 50 million, way more than most.
Watch and learn boys.....You are all distracted by shinny objects. 9-9-9 ring any bells
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
TRavis:

Trump is Hillary's Manchurian Candidate. He will take out all on the GOP side that can challenge Clinton and then take a dive. Enjoy the show but don't buy into the sales pitch, he is taking you for a ride.

Why on earth would a guy like Donald Trump run interference for and take orders from the Clintons?

At this point, even if it had started out that way, he doesn't need Hillary. He can be the nominee and then beat her.
Watch and learn boys.....You are all distracted by shinny objects. 9-9-9 ring any bells

999 was one-hell-of-a-lot better than what we have now.

,...and Walt *hates* Trump.

How can Trump get a better endorsement than *that* on the Hunter's Campfire?

It's still very early. Keep watching.

Steve.

You won't learn anything by watching. You'll learn by talking to people.

Republicans that spit on Trump 30 days ago are in his corner. Like I said, he can still blow it, but he's a looooooooong fugking way from plateauing.

Travis
TRavis:

Trump is Hillary's Manchurian Candidate.

If I were a liberal, I'd be nervous too.

Travis
TRUMP AND CRUZ PARTNER TO STRIP PLANNED PARENTHOOD’S FUNDING

As Breitbart TV previously reported, Trump announced he would support a government shutdown to defund Planned Parenthood following the release of a series of investigative videos allegedly showing the organization’s top medical personnel engaged in the sale of aborted baby body parts.

“And I was also in support — if the Republicans stuck together, you could have done it with Obamacare also,” Trump said on Monday’s Hugh Hewitt Show. “But the Republicans decided not to stick together.”

As Politico also reported, Cruz attempted the same strategy in 2013 in an effort to defund Obamacare, which resulted in a 16-day shutdown of the federal government, but still left President Obama’s signature healthcare reform very much alive.

Trump blamed Cruz’s Republican colleagues for leaving him in the lurch.

“And they left a few people out there, like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX),” he continued. “You know, they left a lot of the people that really went in, and wanted to do the job. And you know what, if they stuck together, they would have won that battle.”

The GOP-led Senate failed to advance legislation Monday to defund the nation’s largest abortion provider.

Cruz, who – unlike other GOP contenders – has refrained from criticizing Trump, has said, regarding Planned Parenthood, Republicans must “use every tool available to stop funding what appears to be a criminal enterprise.”
Posted By: RWE Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
TRUMP AND CRUZ PARTNER

Hey, look.

It's the Republican ticket....
Posted By: benchman Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15

And I hope I'm wrong.
I would be very surprised if Trump came out of a debate looking like an ass clown. If he did, he would be just one ass clown in the veritable sea of ass clowns that make up the GOP lineup. I am a Republican, and for the most part, am profoundly disappointed in my party.
Trump will do fine in tomorrow's debate.

Steve.
Trump won't stand and listen to a bunch of crap. The "La Raza" bunch was at his appearance on the border and kept trying to jump in. Trump got tired of it and just told one guy, "That's enough. You're through",...or something to that effect.

I think he'll do very well in the debates.
Its is simple...The Clintons have been very close to Trump over the years and lets face it....The Clintons are a slippery bunch.
Trump (or anybody else ahead in the polls) has nothing to gain in a debate. I wouldn't count on him being to vocal, though you never know with him.

Just out of curiosity, I checked DemocraticUnderground to see what fruits were saying about him and was pleasantly surprised to see almost nothing. Trump has sent the liberals into a coma.

Posted By: eyeball Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Women love the guy?

Well, especially gold diggers, and there are more than a few.
I don't know about Trump. He could be the best thing that ever happened to the country, the worst, or he could be flat out incompetent as a president. But, he is a pretty damned good candidate and a certified giant in this sea of midget candidates.

Midget candidates? You know what Walker accomplished in liberal hell, or the legal genius backed with honesty and spine demonstrated almost daily by Cruz?

Bowsinger does too

yet another reason to like Trump
Its is simple...The Clintons have been very close to Trump over the years and lets face it....The Clintons are a slippery bunch.

Which Republican candidate was going to beat her if they didn't have Trump's assistance?

Travis
I honestly believe that Trumps current popularity is largely driven by the fact that the media and Washington establishment imply that people are not allowed to consider him as a serious candidate.
,...and while I'm thinkin' about it, Macy's came out against Trump very early on. The local Macy's is where I went on those occasions when I needed a nice jacket, shirt or shoes for some occasion. But no more. I'm not spending another dime at Macy's.

Fug them *and* their damned old patched up Bullwinkle balloon they float around every thanksgiving.
Originally Posted by KFWA

Bowsinger does too

I love the Trump message and taking it to the "Good Old Boys" Now I want something more than soundbites.

And I do not care to share a camp with a pompous blowhard whose every other sentence is how rich he is. I have been there and done that before.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
And I do not care to share a camp with a pompous blowhard whose every other sentence is how rich he is. I have been there and done that before.

You need to get over your old buddy Rufus and that 50 dollar bill that he refuses to spend.
Posted By: add Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Originally Posted by KFWA

Bowsinger does too

The most likely words offered by Trump during this camp sharing experience would be limited to, "Bows, get this cleaned up for me" as he points to his early stage monkey-azz.

People are going to watch the debate for 1 of 2 things - either to see Trump seriously flame out (going down fighting but overmatched) or just take down everyone on the stage, drop the microphone and walk off

Chris Wallace - who I think is a jackass - is going to do his best to make him look like a buffoon, but that may backfire big time because if he singles out Trump and appears to go easy on everyone else, the public will turn against Wallace - and it may just be the catalyst that turns this into a 3 party race. The last thing Wallace should want to do is show some favoritism to Jeb while attacking Trump, especially if Trump calls him on it. It will galvanize Trump support in the race.

The other candidates are going to try to rise above Trump but everyone up there has a handicap - they have to balance attacking Trump without pissing off the voting public and *still* serve their money masters.

They'd be better off just staying on the sidelines and hoping Trump does himself in versus going after him.
I'm waiting for one of those media whiffenpoofs to try to shame Trump over his stance on illegals.

Trump will say, "AMNESTY?!",..then jump out from behind the podium, grab his crotch,..start shakin' it up and down and sayin', "I GOT YA AMNESTY RIGHT HERE!"

At which point the crowd will erupt in a chant of "TRUMP!-TRUMP!-TRUMP!-TRUMP!

All the while Trump will be struttin' back and forth on the stage, shakin' his crotch up and down and sayin', "THAT'S RIGHT!,...THAT'S RIGHT!,..WHAT'S MY NAME?,..WHAT'S MY NAME?"
LMAO.

It's not beyond possible.

I'm not sure why most think he's going to run as a 3rd party. It's looking so far like the R voting Americans want him to be the R candidate. Of course they can screw up a wet dream...
TRavis:

Tell us about that hoe and change, I mean, taken for a ride.

I think you meant "shiny".

No, and we werent distracted by a doping cork smoking community orginazer. The proof of your insanity lies in your belief of your insane statements.

Folks think you are a troll because they cant believe you are stupid enough to believe your own stupid bs.
Originally Posted by eyeball

Midget candidates? You know what Walker accomplished in liberal hell, or the legal genius backed with honesty and spine demonstrated almost daily by Cruz?

Cruz is certainly accomplished. But so far, he isn't a great candidate.

Walker has one thing about him that should disqualify him and cause all right thinking Americans to view him with distrust. From reading his history he was one of those guys who was always trying to be class president and running for something. Further, he has been an actual politician since his early 20s. We don't need any more career politicians of any stripe in Washington.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Joe Bob,

Your statement above is outstanding. You wrote:

"I'm convinced that Trump actually wants to win and is in this thing to win, not just make a spectacle.

In the interviews, he is really engaging and more than his disgust with the current state of things, his sense of optimism comes out. He has that same sort of charisma that Reagan had when it comes to expressing a belief in the country."

Trump acts like a leader! cool
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
[Linked Image]

How can Trump get a better endorsement than *that* on the Hunter's Campfire?

Too many of you guys assume that anyone who disagrees with you must "Hate". Honestly I don't "Hate" anyone and if the Donald wins the election I will accept him as the winner and not "bitch and complain" for 4 years. I believe in our system and refuse to develop an ulcer if my candidate looses.

I am not big into conspiracy theories but The Trump/Hillary connection is one that has peaked my attention. Trump is a "Huckster" and you need to look at what he is selling cautiously.

Just for fun:

https://insomniaclibertarian.wordpr...p-hillary-clintons-manchurian-candidate/

I am not big into conspiracy theories but The Trump/Hillary connection is one that has peaked my attention.

If it was a fact, you'd keep your yap shut about it.

,...but honesty isn't in your DNA.
You bet Mr. Birther!
Posted By: GrandView Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Originally Posted by 4ager

Considering what Walker inherited in WI and has been trying to fix, a deficit is no great surprise. A ton of that is due to the bloated state retirement (union) system that he inherited.

Uh............not quite correct. The Wisconsin Retirement System was, at the time Walker was elected governor, and continuing to this day, a fully-funded retirement system. The "fully-funded" moniker ascribed to any fund that is funded above 99%......which the WRS has been for decades. It's the flagship of national retirement systems.

It would be, and will be, continuing to perform at that level. It's contributions and management have an historical perspective to insure that.

What Walker did in relation to the WRS, was change the shared contribution rates to the system. Employees and the state contribute to the system in equal shares now. In the past there were employees who contributed nothing, or very small percentages to the system. The state previously picked up that contribution share.

There are advocates and detractors of Walker's action, but the fact remains the system is sound...........and had been prior to Walker's governorship.
Uh............not quite correct. The Wisconsin Retirement System was, at the time Walker was elected governor, and continuing to this day, a fully-funded retirement system.

Don't confuse these guys with things like facts.....
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Trump says what I think. I hope he wins the damn election, he can do no worse than those in office now. Not a nickle's worth of difference in a democrat or republican anymore.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Trump still needs to work on his 2-1 negative rating among all Americans.

He has a way of rubbing a lot of people wrong, and being popular with the farther right of the party isn't going to propel him into the White House. I see him as another Barry Goldwater if nominated.

And, no, I'm not a hater, and I agree with about everything he has said. I was also a Teen for Goldwater worker in high school.

We have moved so far left and have so many illegals voting (they are 4-1 negative) to elect Trump. If he is nominated I hope I eat my words, but I'm not buying any ketchup just yet.
Originally Posted by GrandView

Uh............not quite correct. The Wisconsin Retirement System was, at the time Walker was elected governor, and continuing to this day, a fully-funded retirement system. The "fully-funded" moniker ascribed to any fund that is funded above 99%......which the WRS has been for decades. It's the flagship of national retirement systems.

It would be, and will be, continuing to perform at that level. It's contributions and management have an historical perspective to insure that.

What Walker did in relation to the WRS, was change the shared contribution rates to the system. Employees and the state contribute to the system in equal shares now. In the past there were employees who contributed nothing, or very small percentages to the system. The state previously picked up that contribution share.

There are advocates and detractors of Walker's action, but the fact remains the system is sound...........and had been prior to Walker's governorship.

That is correct. Walker fought, and won, several small battles in a small blue State. He did good. Maybe he has something...maybe not.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Trump still needs to work on his 2-1 negative rating among all Americans.

So if the #1 guy amongst all Republicans polled, has a 2-1 negative rating among all Americans, wouldn't that make a Republican win an impossibility?

Travis
He has a way of rubbing a lot of people wrong, and being popular with the farther right of the party isn't going to propel him into the White House.

You are wrong. Anybody popular with the far right will win. A liberal Republican will lose. Stop believing the media and look at history.
Originally Posted by GrandView

That is correct. Walker fought, and won, several small battles in a small blue State. He did good. Maybe he has something...maybe not.

Walker is a lot like warm milk and toast...not very exciting but not hard to stomach. He has been able to stand strong against the liberal establishment, however. He just has little effect on my pulse rate.

Except for Trump, all the Republicans need courses in charisma.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: poboy Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Poor Walt.
Bless his heart.
He has a way of rubbing a lot of people wrong, and being popular with the farther right of the party isn't going to propel him into the White House.

You are wrong. Anybody popular with the far right will win. A liberal Republican will lose. Stop believing the media and look at history.

I hope I'm wrong, and you're correct. I just don't see a nationwide election choosing a conservative. Congressional elections are a different scenario, and we might gain more in the Senate, but a true conservative will need to compromise to get to Pennsylvania Avenue.

I also think Trump would get tired of being opposed by the left, should he win, and I see him wielding a heavy federal hand eventually.
Show us where that worked.
Times and demographics have changed drastically. The nationwide white population (the Republican core) is not nearly as predominant.

I'm looking at now and ahead, not backwards. wink
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
[Linked Image]

Your sister is nasty!
Bless his heart.

Douchebags have hearts?
Times and demographics have changed drastically. The nationwide white population (the Republican core) is not nearly as predominant.

The percentage of blacks in the country is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago and the (legal) Hispanic population has not changed it's political persuasion. Asians are extremely conservative. Don't buy into the BS.
and White folks are still the most important voting group by a large margin.

I believe I saw an article that said if a candidate could win 60% of the white vote, they win a National election.
I have to quote what my 25 year old son said just now...

"I think Trump is a fu(kin' ass hole, but he has a chance to get these socialist out of the White house.".

Sorry about the language, that's how Marines talk. I thought it was fairly succinct.

The percentage of blacks in the country is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago and the (legal) Hispanic population has not changed it's political persuasion. Asians are extremely conservative. Don't buy into the BS.

If Trump is nominated I hope this is BS. This and the increased Latino and illegal vote could give us Hitlary. eek

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/31/politics/donald-trump-voter-numbers/index.html
Republicans today remind me of that scene in Braveheart when Wallace tells all the Scots he's going to invade England.

Travis

If Trump is nominated I hope this is BS. This and the increased Latino and illegal vote could give us Hitlary. eek

The increased "illegal vote" is indeed a concern, but not just from Mexicans. Democrats would never, EVER, be elected in most jurisdictions if it weren't for fraud, but that is a different issue.
Well, dimocraps are an 'issue' alright.

The increased "illegal vote" is indeed a concern, but not just from Mexicans. Democrats would never, EVER, be elected in most jurisdictions if it weren't for fraud, but that is a different issue.

Agreed 100%

The party of fraud controls most large urban areas. When not one Republican vote gets recorded, and the vote count exceeds the voters in the precinct, it's hard to crack through the voter fraud that elects Democraps.

THIS IS REALLY ALARMING.

CNN crunches the numbers from their poll and conclude [gasp] that Jeb Bush is the R's only hope against the Hillery juggernaut.

But...... not to worry.Trump's poll numbers will never get higher than 15% and his remark about McCain would drive him from the race.

Got any more of those kind of links, Amigo?
Originally Posted by eyeball
Well, dimocraps are an 'issue' alright.

Yeah...decent people have to understand that liberals don't think like Americans.
Some people are a bunch of pussies. If winning the Latino vote is what Republicans have to do to win, then I would just as soon lose. I don't want someone in office who will "win" the Latino vote because for the most part, Latinos don't want or expect the same thing out of government that I do.

I want good old American "leave me the frick alone" government. I don't want Big Brother. I don't want Big Mother. I don't want caring conservatism. I want to be left alone. I want to keep as much of my money as I can. And I want the government to stop actively attempting to destroy everything I think is right and proper.

If they aren't going to do that, then "frick them" it doesn't matter who is up there and it matters not a bit if they have an R or a D in front of their names. I'll just get on trying to ignore them the best that I can.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

THIS IS REALLY ALARMING.

CNN crunches the numbers from their poll and conclude [gasp] that Jeb Bush is the R's only hope against the Hillery juggernaut.

But...... not to worry.His poll numbers would never get higher than 15% and his remark about McCain would drive him from the race.

Got any more of those kind of links, Amigo?

Not right now, but I do like to look in on the enemy occasionally. grin They might get something right by accident. whistle
The Latino scare don't hold up to scrutiny.

Texas will remain red.

California and N.M. will remain blue.

Florida and Colorado are always iffy.

So....... where can the Latinos swing a National election?

Florida.

Travis
And Colorado.

Travis

Florida.

Travis

If by Latino you mean Jews from New York and obnoxious boobs from New Jersey, then you are correct.

If by Latino you mean Jews from New York and obnoxious boobs from New Jersey, then you are correct.

The whole bottom half of that state is as brown as fugking dirt.

Travis

The whole bottom half of that state is as brown as fugking dirt.

Travis

Really, the whole East Coast is. Whenever I go east I want to ask someone where they stashed all white people.

Really, the whole East Coast is. Whenever I go east I want to ask someone where they stashed all white people.

The east coast is more black than brown.

Travis
Posted By: northcountry Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
TRavis:

You Sir have hit my lingering doubts. I have thought many times the same way, I just hope you are wrong. But he did recently meet with "Bill", and one has to wonder why!!
Cheers NC
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
Originally Posted by northcountry
TRavis:

You Sir have hit my lingering doubts. I have thought many times the same way, I just hope you are wrong. But he did recently meet with "Bill", and one has to wonder why!!
Cheers NC
Slick prolly had some money he wanted to contribute to Trump to get his bitch wife beaten.
Joe Bob pretty much summed up what I want out of government. Fund the defense, keep the borders secure and the terrorists out, charge as little as possible for schools and roads and such that are excellent, and then stay the [bleep] out of my life. I don't trust Trump, but I don't trust Rand Paul or Ted Cruz either. What Trump seemingly gets is that the Koch's and their ilk are for destroying America as we know it just as sure as Soros is.

Ted is great. He's killing it at a steady 6% in the polls...Rand is probably lower than that.
For what it's worth, I've been talkin' Trump over on some of the libertarian forums where I very occasionally hang out.

Most people there are young folks and I've been catching some fairly serious chit from a couple of 'em.

,...and a couple of 'em are gonna have to change their nick because of it.

They give me trouble about Trump, I tell 'em that there's more to life than advocating for gay marriage and that they need to expand their horizons.

,..then they pitch a fit,...and change their nick,....and don't fug with me again.
For what it's worth, I've been talkin' Trump over on some of the libertarian forums where I very occasionally hang out.

Most people there are young folks and I've been catching some fairly serious chit from a couple of 'em.

,...and a couple of 'em are gonna have to change their nick because of it.

They give me trouble about Trump, I tell 'em that there's more to life than advocating for gay marriage and that they need to expand their horizons.

,..then they pitch a fit,...and change their nick,....and don't fug with me again.
I don't know what "nick" is when you're talking about it, but you've made some great posts lately about Trump. I guess currently I'm on the Trump bandwagon but I'm poised to jump off if he goes full-blown assclown.
nick=nickname
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I guess currently I'm on the Trump bandwagon but I'm poised to jump off if he goes full-blown assclown.

Trump is a big businessman with several billion dollars in his hip pocket and a smart mouth.

He probably wouldn't fit in at a pigroast, but he's about as good as you'll find for somebody who wants to run the commies out of D.C.

Has he been wheelin' and dealin' with the political class?

Ain't no doubt about it.

He's a businessman.

That's part of it.
I guess currently I'm on the Trump bandwagon but I'm poised to jump off if he goes full-blown assclown.

Trump is a big businessman with several billion dollars in his hip pocket and a smart mouth.

He probably wouldn't fit in at a pigroast, but he's about as good as you'll find for somebody who wants to run the commies out of D.C.

Has he been wheelin' and dealin' with the political class?

Ain't no doubt about it.

He's a businessman.

That's part of it.
Gen. Lee and President Davis wouldn't have fit in at a pig roast either. I don't gaf whether he can eat BBQ. I want him to stop the illegals, quit taking all my money and quit starting wars over everything. He can delegate the Confederate flag controversy to Kid Rock.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Trump wants to win - 08/05/15
4 Excellent posts in a row (meaning the 4 posts immediately prior).

Could not agree more.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
Some people are a bunch of pussies. If winning the Latino vote is what Republicans have to do to win, then I would just as soon lose. I don't want someone in office who will "win" the Latino vote because for the most part, Latinos don't want or expect the same thing out of government that I do.

Some people might have a better feeling knowing that a Republican is driving this country further in debt towards collapse.
Posted By: deflave Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15

Cheers NC

Since the other conspiracy theorist can't answer it, maybe you can.

What republican candidate posed enough threat to require Trump's assistance?

Travis
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
I can't see a nationwide election being won by Cruz he throws too many fireballs that he scares a lot of the moderates. But I can see him and the other more outspoken conservatives making Trump or another less vocal conservative look more moderate than they really are.

I don't think Trump has ever started anything in his life that he didn't into to succeed at but wonder if actually winning the election is his end goal. I could see him entering for the publicity or to pull votes away from someone else to help a favored candidate
Originally Posted by Kellywk
I could see him entering for the publicity or to pull votes away from someone else to help a favored candidate

Pull votes away from who?

Travis
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
I can't see a nationwide election being won by Cruz he throws too many fireballs that he scares a lot of the moderates.

So, you think "moderates" are going to vote for the Democrat if a conservative is the candidate?
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
I can't see a nationwide election being won by Cruz he throws too many fireballs that he scares a lot of the moderates.

So, you think "moderates" are going to vote for the Democrat if a conservative is the candidate?

Maybe they will stay home just as conservatives have in the past.
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15

Most of the ones I've talked to would vote a democrat over Cruz as they tend to view him as too much of a firebrand.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
The biggest problem with the GOP kingmakers is they still believe American conservatives want a candidate like Jeb Bush.

They still believe the Bush backlash is limited to some Ron Paul holdouts and a handful of Tea Party extremists.

That is why they are scratching their heads at why Trump is leading in double digits.

Whether that lead holds or not, their reality now is they have to tackle him head on - and face some rather unsavory truths in the process.

Most of the ones I've talked to would vote a democrat over Cruz as they tend to view him as too much of a firebrand.

Then they're not "moderates". They're Democrats.

Maybe they will stay home just as conservatives have in the past.

That's a nice theory, but one that has been dis proven. There are three types of "moderates". Most are libertarians that are far more conservative than Republicans, liberals who lie to conservatives about their beliefs and lastly, a few idiots who have no beliefs at all.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15

Then they're not "moderates". They're Democrats.

Moderates: democrats who're just too ashamed to admit it in public and their wives have hyphenated last names...
Is anybody going to tell me which Republican posed such a tremendous threat that the Clinton's solicited Trump for help?

Travis
Not me.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
Can't say if this is completely true or not, but it will be interesting to see if Rubio goes into attack mode against Trump with his first response tonight.

http://dcwhispers.com/big-donors-warn-candidates-on-eve-of-debate-take-trump-out/
Posted By: 4ager Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
Is anybody going to tell me which Republican posed such a tremendous threat that the Clinton's solicited Trump for help?

Travis

Why, Sarah Palin, of course...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Posted By: northcountry Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15

Cheers NC

Since the other conspiracy theorist can't answer it, maybe you can.

What republican candidate posed enough threat to require Trump's assistance?

Travis I am not sure if you were asking a question of me or not? But if so the only one he has had contact with is Cruz: who by the is the only one who has not spoke badly about Trump. So it make me wonder if some kind of deal was struck?? So far none of the candidates seem to know how deal with Trump I.E. nobody has figured out the soft spot on his heel. Just my take, Cheers NC

Travis
Posted By: northwestalaska Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
I could see him entering for the publicity or to pull votes away from someone else to help a favored candidate

Travis

The goal is to win at all costs. hit them early and thin the field.

Clinton! Remember Trump has been/is/was a Dem and close friend of the Clintons for many years. He is the Manchurian Candidate!

I am not a fan of Hillary but she and Bill play all of the angles better than any other modern political machine.
Can't say if this is completely true or not, but it will be interesting to see if Rubio goes into attack mode against Trump with his first response tonight.

http://dcwhispers.com/big-donors-warn-candidates-on-eve-of-debate-take-trump-out/

could be a huge mistake - Trump hasn't attacked anyone that hasn't attacked him first - and when he hits back, he hits harder and more personal than his attacker.

He might lose his cool and say something stupid, but he'd be saying it about a candidate that is struggling to get to double digits in a crowded political field. Suffice to say there won't be many people in the audience that won't agree with whatever Trump says about the guy.

The best move I believe is to just give this one to Trump, position yourself in the debate as if Trump isn't there and try to make points with people as being the 'reasonable' candidate in the hopes that Trump either gets bored with the political fight and bows out in 6 months or forces other candidates to spend their bankroll trying to keep pace with him.

Where I think Trump is weakest is his he is a war hawk (and immigration but they are smart enough to know Trump has a double digit lead because of his stance on immigration) and just eastblishing yourself as an opposite in that area without drawing the ire of Trump would be a way to differentiate yourself on the stage.
"It should also be noted some of these high-powered donors are helping to finance the campaigns of BOTH Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush. Presently, Donald Trump represents the single greatest threat to their intention of controlling the outcome of the 2016 presidential election."

If I were Trump I'd make that my campaign platform

Travis

The goal is to win at all costs. hit them early and thin the field.

Clinton! Remember Trump has been/is/was a Dem and close friend of the Clintons for many years. He is the Manchurian Candidate!

I am not a fan of Hillary but she and Bill play all of the angles better than any other modern political machine.

Trump was put in the race by the Clinton's to pull votes away from the Clinton's?

Travis
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
Lord, Rubio would be an easy target for Trump. Let's see a baby faced career politician with well documented financial troubles question the competence of a guy with $10 billion.

It would almost be akin to, "Sit down, Junior, and let the adults talk."

Rubio is a joke. He is only in the position he is because he is a Republican affirmative action baby.
Trump is a smart man. I'm betting that he understands that his "kick 'em in the balls" approach to politics was stage one and now it's time to move on to stage 2. He's learned what issues and what stance will get a positive response from the public and he's going to be using his time to hammer the message home.

As for any attacks that comes his way, He'll probably just laugh in their faces.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
I don't know how many were around during George Wallace's most successful campaign for POTUS. I don't recall for sure if it was the first one, but I think it was.

He jumped up into double digits in the polls, and was heard to remark to a subordinate;" Goddlemighty, I might could actually win this thing!"

It was only reported years later.

I think Trump may have had his "Goddlemighty moment" not long after announcing and has been in it to win it ever since.

The biggest threat to him - and the same can be said for Cruz - is that they start listening to their "advisers".

I figure the rest of the "Top Ten" have been doing that from the git-go.

Since Trump is self funded, and Cruz only answers to the Two Brothers [who seem to be just like the rest of us donors except in the size of the donations], it's likely they will rise, or fall, following their own thinking.
Posted By: add Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
Lord, Rubio would be an easy target for Trump. Let's see a baby faced career politician with well documented financial troubles question the competence of a guy with $10 billion.

It would almost be akin to, "Sit down, Junior, and let the adults talk."

Rubio is a joke. He is only in the position he is because he is a Republican affirmative action baby.

Yep.

Trump is a master of dismissiveness.

Rubio is laden rich with material to be mocked - an easy backhand for Trump.

The debate will be a game of King-of-the Mountain. The establishment guys will attacking Trump from every side. I'm more interested to see who props him up. I have my guess who that will be.

The debate will be a game of King-of-the Mountain. The establishment guys will attacking Trump from every side. I'm more interested to see who props him up. I have my guess who that will be.

I suspect the attackers will be Bush, Rubio, Christie, and Kasich. Walker, Paul, and Huckabee will largely try to remain out of the fray (though Paul might throw a punch or two Trump's way re: foreign policy). Cruz and perhaps Carson (and Walker, to a small degree) will be the only ones to possibly try to back up any part of what Trump will be saying.

Make no mistake, this debate will be all about Trump and that has to make the RNC's reptilian blood boil.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15

Some predict that Rand Paul will play that role, maybe because he has slipped so much in the polls.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
Doing some shooting at Quemado.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: JoeBob Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
Huckabee will be the one to do most of the attacking. He is articulate and very familiar with the media spotlight. He is actually very slick. He'll want to put on a show and he'll want to try to take down Trump. Further, he'll want to stir up what he sees as his natural base, the Christian right, against Trump.

Look for him to highlight Trump's recent admission that he had never in his life asked for God's forgiveness as far as he could remember.
Posted By: RWE Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
I suspect the attackers will be Bush, Rubio, Christie, and Kasich. Walker, Paul, and Huckabee will largely try to remain out of the fray (though Paul might throw a punch or two Trump's way re: foreign policy). Cruz and perhaps Carson (and Walker, to a small degree) will be the only ones to possibly try to back up any part of what Trump will be saying.

Make no mistake, this debate will be all about Trump and that has to make the RNC's reptilian blood boil.

Any "politician" worth his salt should be looking to ride Trump's wave like a hooker on crack.

Or at least leaving his options open for same.

Trump pulls this off, and needs a VP, providing the country doesn't go to [bleep], it would be a lock for future POTUS.

Right. A political debate is always about knocking the leader down.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
"Look for him to highlight Trump's recent admission that he had never in his life asked for God's forgiveness as far as he could remember."

Any Trump followers who desert because of THAT will not turn to the Huckster.............. They would gravitate to Cruz.
The real issue will lie with what questions Chris Wallace decides to ask each candidate, how they are phrased, and which candidate is granted the follow-up.

It would be EASY to rig something like this in order to promote a desired outcome.
Right. A political debate is always about knocking the leader down.

I mispoke.

The shouldn't ride him, they should be riding in his wake.

Unless they can deal him a deathblow, prudence would be to ride his wake.

If he off's himself, then pick up the ball and run, and if your message isn't much different, get as much as you can as you jump over his corpse.

Besides, if Trump pulls it off, he's going to need a running mate.
I hope he does well, but as the leader, he has everything to lose. It will be a miracle if he comes out better.
Huckabee will be the one to do most of the attacking. He is articulate and very familiar with the media spotlight. He is actually very slick. He'll want to put on a show and he'll want to try to take down Trump. Further, he'll want to stir up what he sees as his natural base, the Christian right, against Trump.

Look for him to highlight Trump's recent admission that he had never in his life asked for God's forgiveness as far as he could remember.

Good take.

Huck shouted "holocaust" last week and he jumped in the polls.

He knows precisely how to pander to his base.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15

Cruz!!

The fact that Trump has not made ANY policy statements and has not established ANY platform should tell you that he is not in this to win, just do damage. Trump has single handed destroyed the inroads that Reince Priebus has worked his A$$ of to try to establish with the female and Latino vote. Trump has attacked almost everything with in striking distance but only with in the GOP.

Trump has tapped into the fear and anger with in the base of the GOP but is playing for the other side. How angry will you guys be if/when he pulls a Palin or runs as a 3rd party candidate?

Don't be surprised when it happens, the Clintons are just as nasty as Trump and go way back with each other. You Trump supporters are getting played.

The fact that Trump has not made ANY policy statements and has not established ANY platform should tell you that he is not in this to win, just do damage. Trump has single handed destroyed the inroads that Reince Priebus has worked his A$$ of to try to establish with the female and Latino vote. Trump has attacked almost everything with in striking distance but only with in the GOP.

Trump has tapped into the fear and anger with in the base of the GOP but is playing for the other side. How angry will you guys be if/when he pulls a Palin or runs as a 3rd party candidate?

Don't be surprised when it happens, the Clintons are just as nasty as Trump and go way back with each other. You Trump supporters are getting played.

Could you tell me what hillary's platform is from her press appearances?
nevermind. You're a liberal and therefore incapable of honesty.
Posted By: byc Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15

TAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn, those cyberschits stink!

Who keeps leaving the outhouse door open?

lolol,...old Walt is skeered constipated of Trump.

You finally have a purpose here.

You're the best Trump advocate this forum has.

You Trump supporters are getting played.

Says the guy that wants a bitch to run his country.

Travis

Says the guy that wants a prison bitch.

Says the guy that wants another bitch to run his country.

Travis

Once again you are making an assumption that I am a supporter of Clinton...I am not!
Hillary's platform is to find a cure for cankles.

That's about it.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15
Originally Posted by RWE

Says the guy that wants to be a prison bitch.

Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15

Once again you are making an assumption that I am a supporter of Clinton...I am not!
So you like Bernie Sanders or is Al Franken contemplating a run?

You forgot about O'Malley (Bloomberg's "knight" against the 2A) and possibly Ol' Joe Biden.

Ain't that one Hell of a slate to choose from?
Frankel is not going to run any more than Biden will. The Dems are stuck with Hillary period. Does that mean I support her? Nooooo. I am still holding out for a real candidate from the GOP. I don't vote party guys. I have voted for the candidate from the start. My momma was the Republican county chairperson and I was taught to never vote straight party ever!
Hillary's platform is to find a cure for cankles.

That's about it.

That discovery could come at 3:00am.

Would you trust her enough to answer that call?
Posted By: RickyD Re: Trump wants to win - 08/06/15

You forgot about O'Malley (Bloomberg's "knight" against the 2A) and possibly Ol' Joe Biden.

Ain't that one Hell of a slate to choose from?
Yeah, you'd expect they would do whatever they could do spoil the election. Something like getting some name brand bloviator to spew right side conservative talking points, then bail or split the party. For that, endless government contracts to follow. Right people, right place, right time, right now.
Posted By: Anjin Re: Trump wants to win - 08/08/15
I have not read all 19 pages of this thread –– or at least can't remember it, at my age –– but I cannot help thinking about how effective Ronald Reagan was on the world stage, and how many opponents played the fools in claiming that he was not competent to be President.

It does not take an Einstein to be President.

The first thing Reagan did was to get the Iran hostages back. Jimmy Carter, Mr. Peace Prize, unworthy sub-part A, was totally unable to do that. My recollection is that the Iranians did not want to mess with Ronnie.

Second, among many accomplishments available only from an experienced negotiator was ramping up Star Wars to bankrupt the Soviet Union and end the Cold War. I once (way back when) attended a limited-access "old buffalo" and former covert op American Bar committee briefing by two senior CIA execs who predicted that very thing, that the other side was running out of money to continue.

Third, the Berlin Wall.

I for one do not discount what Trump might achieve if he were President, over what many of the others might do. Sometimes all you need is a tough SOB that opponents fear will do what he threatens.
© 24hourcampfire