Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Can't say if this is completely true or not, but it will be interesting to see if Rubio goes into attack mode against Trump with his first response tonight.

http://dcwhispers.com/big-donors-warn-candidates-on-eve-of-debate-take-trump-out/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Is anybody going to tell me which Republican posed such a tremendous threat that the Clinton's solicited Trump for help?

Travis

Why, Sarah Palin, of course...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northcountry

You Sir have hit my lingering doubts. I have thought many times the same way, I just hope you are wrong. But he did recently meet with "Bill", and one has to wonder why!!
Cheers NC

Since the other conspiracy theorist can't answer it, maybe you can.

What republican candidate posed enough threat to require Trump's assistance?

Travis I am not sure if you were asking a question of me or not? But if so the only one he has had contact with is Cruz: who by the is the only one who has not spoke badly about Trump. So it make me wonder if some kind of deal was struck?? So far none of the candidates seem to know how deal with Trump I.E. nobody has figured out the soft spot on his heel. Just my take, Cheers NC

Travis

Last edited by northcountry; 08/06/15.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Kellywk
I could see him entering for the publicity or to pull votes away from someone else to help a favored candidate

Pull votes away from who?

Travis

The goal is to win at all costs. hit them early and thin the field.

Clinton! Remember Trump has been/is/was a Dem and close friend of the Clintons for many years. He is the Manchurian Candidate!

I am not a fan of Hillary but she and Bill play all of the angles better than any other modern political machine.

Last edited by northwestalaska; 08/06/15.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Can't say if this is completely true or not, but it will be interesting to see if Rubio goes into attack mode against Trump with his first response tonight.

http://dcwhispers.com/big-donors-warn-candidates-on-eve-of-debate-take-trump-out/

could be a huge mistake - Trump hasn't attacked anyone that hasn't attacked him first - and when he hits back, he hits harder and more personal than his attacker.

He might lose his cool and say something stupid, but he'd be saying it about a candidate that is struggling to get to double digits in a crowded political field. Suffice to say there won't be many people in the audience that won't agree with whatever Trump says about the guy.

The best move I believe is to just give this one to Trump, position yourself in the debate as if Trump isn't there and try to make points with people as being the 'reasonable' candidate in the hopes that Trump either gets bored with the political fight and bows out in 6 months or forces other candidates to spend their bankroll trying to keep pace with him.

Where I think Trump is weakest is his he is a war hawk (and immigration but they are smart enough to know Trump has a double digit lead because of his stance on immigration) and just eastblishing yourself as an opposite in that area without drawing the ire of Trump would be a way to differentiate yourself on the stage.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/06/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"It should also be noted some of these high-powered donors are helping to finance the campaigns of BOTH Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush. Presently, Donald Trump represents the single greatest threat to their intention of controlling the outcome of the 2016 presidential election."

If I were Trump I'd make that my campaign platform

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Originally Posted by Kellywk
I could see him entering for the publicity or to pull votes away from someone else to help a favored candidate

Pull votes away from who?

Travis

The goal is to win at all costs. hit them early and thin the field.

Clinton! Remember Trump has been/is/was a Dem and close friend of the Clintons for many years. He is the Manchurian Candidate!

I am not a fan of Hillary but she and Bill play all of the angles better than any other modern political machine.

Trump was put in the race by the Clinton's to pull votes away from the Clinton's?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Lord, Rubio would be an easy target for Trump. Let's see a baby faced career politician with well documented financial troubles question the competence of a guy with $10 billion.

It would almost be akin to, "Sit down, Junior, and let the adults talk."

Rubio is a joke. He is only in the position he is because he is a Republican affirmative action baby.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Trump is a smart man. I'm betting that he understands that his "kick 'em in the balls" approach to politics was stage one and now it's time to move on to stage 2. He's learned what issues and what stance will get a positive response from the public and he's going to be using his time to hammer the message home.

As for any attacks that comes his way, He'll probably just laugh in their faces.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know how many were around during George Wallace's most successful campaign for POTUS. I don't recall for sure if it was the first one, but I think it was.

He jumped up into double digits in the polls, and was heard to remark to a subordinate;" Goddlemighty, I might could actually win this thing!"

It was only reported years later.

I think Trump may have had his "Goddlemighty moment" not long after announcing and has been in it to win it ever since.

The biggest threat to him - and the same can be said for Cruz - is that they start listening to their "advisers".

I figure the rest of the "Top Ten" have been doing that from the git-go.

Since Trump is self funded, and Cruz only answers to the Two Brothers [who seem to be just like the rest of us donors except in the size of the donations], it's likely they will rise, or fall, following their own thinking.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Lord, Rubio would be an easy target for Trump. Let's see a baby faced career politician with well documented financial troubles question the competence of a guy with $10 billion.

It would almost be akin to, "Sit down, Junior, and let the adults talk."

Rubio is a joke. He is only in the position he is because he is a Republican affirmative action baby.

Yep.

Trump is a master of dismissiveness.

Rubio is laden rich with material to be mocked - an easy backhand for Trump.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The debate will be a game of King-of-the Mountain. The establishment guys will attacking Trump from every side. I'm more interested to see who props him up. I have my guess who that will be.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

The debate will be a game of King-of-the Mountain. The establishment guys will attacking Trump from every side. I'm more interested to see who props him up. I have my guess who that will be.

I suspect the attackers will be Bush, Rubio, Christie, and Kasich. Walker, Paul, and Huckabee will largely try to remain out of the fray (though Paul might throw a punch or two Trump's way re: foreign policy). Cruz and perhaps Carson (and Walker, to a small degree) will be the only ones to possibly try to back up any part of what Trump will be saying.

Make no mistake, this debate will be all about Trump and that has to make the RNC's reptilian blood boil.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Some predict that Rand Paul will play that role, maybe because he has slipped so much in the polls.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Doing some shooting at Quemado.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Huckabee will be the one to do most of the attacking. He is articulate and very familiar with the media spotlight. He is actually very slick. He'll want to put on a show and he'll want to try to take down Trump. Further, he'll want to stir up what he sees as his natural base, the Christian right, against Trump.

Look for him to highlight Trump's recent admission that he had never in his life asked for God's forgiveness as far as he could remember.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
I suspect the attackers will be Bush, Rubio, Christie, and Kasich. Walker, Paul, and Huckabee will largely try to remain out of the fray (though Paul might throw a punch or two Trump's way re: foreign policy). Cruz and perhaps Carson (and Walker, to a small degree) will be the only ones to possibly try to back up any part of what Trump will be saying.

Make no mistake, this debate will be all about Trump and that has to make the RNC's reptilian blood boil.

Any "politician" worth his salt should be looking to ride Trump's wave like a hooker on crack.

Or at least leaving his options open for same.

Trump pulls this off, and needs a VP, providing the country doesn't go to [bleep], it would be a lock for future POTUS.

Last edited by RWE; 08/06/15. Reason: wave
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right. A political debate is always about knocking the leader down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Look for him to highlight Trump's recent admission that he had never in his life asked for God's forgiveness as far as he could remember."

Any Trump followers who desert because of THAT will not turn to the Huckster.............. They would gravitate to Cruz.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 257man, 50 invisible), 1,744 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,141
Posts18,523,288
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.