Home
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ng-shooting-of-her-husband-a7326456.html
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...son_on_how_NOT_to_handle_co#Post11456153
He'd rather Suicide By Cop, than listen to her for one more day.
Is this what the riots are all about?
Apparently.

HRC had to be sending in agitators.
Dead guy's brother:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016...her-white-cops-fing-devils-white-people/
Chief of police stated yesterday morning that in the police video he could plainly see the guy had a gun.
Then after the wife's video surfaced yesterday,
he says, " In the video that we have, we can't tell what the guy had in his hand."
Sounds like some B.S.
So who do we trust?
At least she now has a keepsake.
Originally Posted by EdM
So who do we trust?

Not a man that has a clear video in the morning that plainly shows a gun in someone's hand. ...and by evening they can't tell what is in the guy's hand.

It's just odd that every time the cop is in the right or a cop is shot the videos quality is crystal clear. ...but when the cop is at fault or made a bad judgement call, the video is bad quality .....or should I say "tampered with".
It's obvious this video lost is quality in a matter of hours.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
At least she now has a keepsake.

And millions of tax payers dollars! !!!
Originally Posted by Slim_Sr
Originally Posted by EdM
So who do we trust?

Not a man that has a clear video in the morning that plainly shows a gun in someone's hand. ...and by evening they can't tell what is in the guy's hand.

It's just odd that every time the cop is in the right or a cop is shot the videos quality is crystal clear. ...but when the cop is at fault or made a bad judgement call, the video is bad quality .....or should I say "tampered with".

Tough stuff and tougher by the day for sure.

North Carolina is an open carry state. The cops saw him carrying a gun, when they were looking for somebody else in an matter that did not involve this guy in anyway. There has never been any indication that he was illegally carrying, or that he pointed the gun at anybody, just that he refused to put it down when they told him to. What right did they have to tell him to put it down if he had done nothing wrong? How do they come to shoot him for not following an order that probably wasn't legal? How is this not a 2nd Amendment issue?
Originally Posted by readonly

North Carolina is an open carry state. The cops saw him carrying a gun, when they were looking for somebody else in an matter that did not involve this guy in anyway. There has never been any indication that he was illegally carrying, or that he pointed the gun at anybody, just that he refused to put it down when they told him to. What right did they have to tell him to put it down if he had done nothing wrong? How do they come to shoot him for not following an order that probably wasn't legal? How is this not a 2nd Amendment issue?

2nd Amendment doesn't matter. ......He was illegal! !!!

Did police know that at the time?

Did police know that at the time?

That he was illegal? ????

Sure!!!!

I'm pretty sure they looked at him before they shot!
Originally Posted by EdM
So who do we trust?

For me, that list grows shorter daily.
Originally Posted by EdM
So who do we trust?

In this instance we do not know yet. Again patience works best!

Bigger picture I really have no clue. Every situation is very different. Regardless, of a very narrowed public opinion.

Because if you have a gun in your hand, and the police tell you to put it down...you put it down...unless of corse you plan to use it.
Technically, you do whatever law enforcement tells you to do. NO matter your color or status.

Fight your cause in court!! You will live longer.

seems they may have had every right in the world,...

.... a guy arrested 14 times in 3 states with several felony convictions for weapons and violence ....( shamelessly scalped off of JJHack's excellent post)

Now a 2 A issue ?

Might occur to the un biased that some of the cops KNEW the guy, from previous encounters.

Calm down,

GTC

. . . There has never been any indication that he was illegally carrying, . . .

The guy is was a convicted felon.
Yup Greg that's the part they are playing down. That information appeared in paragraph 32+ in several major newspapers.
Originally Posted by byc
Technically, you do whatever law enforcement tells you to do. NO matter your color or status.

Fight your cause in court!! You will live longer.

Exactly!!
Guy's,

I've been a member of this site for awhile. .....mostly for the love of handloading and hunting....I know how the ball bounces here........being 'black'....

Had I killed everyone that I thought was a terrorist or wanted to kill me after I told them to put down their AK, SVD, or RPK..I'd be under the prison.

Now put your twist on that!

Guy's,

I've been a member of this site for awhile. .....mostly for the love of handloading and hunting....I know how the ball bounces here........being 'black'....

Had I killed everyone that I thought was a terrorist or wanted to kill me after I told them to put down their AK, SVD, or RPK..I'd be under the prison.

No twist required. When a cop gives an order, you comply. If everything is hunky dory, all is well. If you don't comply, things will go poorly. This is much worse if you are a felon with an illegal weapon who refuses to follow an order. Is that a difficult concept? Sure, it's a pain in the butt, and riles you, but the cop has a reason to do what he is doing. It is simple. Comply.

Carrying is not brandishing.

Was he brandishing? If so, the police command was not illegal.
The police were there serving a warrant on someone else and saw Mr Scott outside his vehicle with a gun. If they are there serving a warrant and see someone with a handgun, I'd think it's in their best interest to make sure he's wasn't an accomplice or threat to them. Mr Scott then got back in his vehicle with the gun and when police broke the windows he exited the vehicle. He may or may not have pointed the gun at officers at that point. He was told no less than a dozen times to drop the gun. You've got to be some kind of stupid or have a death wish to not comply when cops have weapons drawn screaming to you to drop it.

Sad that it ended in a loss of life but it really sounds as if he gave them no other choice.
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Sad that it ended in a loss of life but it really sounds as if he gave them no other choice.

It is damn sad. Doesn't matter if the guy was Black , White, Yeller, or Red, HE is the one who decided his own fate, to bad he decided to die that day.

There is a song that Madison Rising performs "Before The Hyphens Came"

Keywords in this song....."We were all Americans before the hyphens came".

Damn sad this song was ever written.
Wife's video shows me absolutely nothing. She makes her
husband out to be brain-damaged.
Guy's,

Are you talking about military duty or a law enforcement officer?
What I'll put on it, twist wise, is that almost every situational shoot that has been like this, would have NEVER started if the idiot that was shot did not start the situation by some illegal act of theirs.

I'm not saying you need to be shot for speeding, but in the end, you are the one that started the [bleep] and I've about no sympathy for you at all.

Just like a drunk getting shot trying to go home to the wrong house. Your fault your problem not mine.

Amazingly enough no one, to this point that I can recall, in my family or my wifes family, have ever had any of these kind of situations happen to us....s

Though it may have something to do with trying best to follow the rules and when "pulled over" following the rest of the common sense rules. And that second part might even be the reason that I have not recieved a ticket in probably 30 years for any traffic violation although I was obviously at fault them.
Originally Posted by poboy
Wife's video shows me absolutely nothing. She makes her
husband out to be brain-damaged.

If you start out with a lower than average I.Q., couple that with quitting school and than add to that, years of abusing drugs and alcohol and you have the makings of a dis orientated, slow to respond individual who is more than likely to make a poor decision.
Where does this notion that police have to piggy back ride every idiot jumping off a ledge come from?
It's become very simple....if you have a gun the cops can shoot you dead. They'll sort it out after you're cold and stiff and your family will get a settlement, the cop may or not be fired or allowed to resign only to be rehired by another agency but in the end you're still dead. You don't even have to point the weapon at them, the mere sight of a gun is enough reason to kill you.

Just ask Jack Yantis.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It's become very simple....if you have a gun the cops can shoot you dead. They'll sort it out after you're cold and stiff and your family will get a settlement, the cop may or not be fired or allowed to resign only to be rehired by another agency but in the end you're still dead. You don't even have to point the weapon at them, the mere sight of a gun is enough reason to kill you.

Just ask Jack Yantis.

Was this guy a drunk prick with a known temper too? We already know both their criminal history.
Is that the new standard for execution? If being a drunk prick is reason for the cops to be in a perpetual state of fear then they truly are bigger pusssies than originally known. There will be a lot of dead cops and gay funerals.
Originally Posted by quote
When a cop gives an order, you comply.

What if he gives you an order that is in direct opposition to your Constitutional rights...?
Sure, it's a pain in the butt, and riles you, but the cop has a reason to do what he is doing.

Sometimes that "reason" is nothing more than he's bein' a prick.
It is simple. Comply.

Good thing it wasn't that "simple" to those who founded this country.
Is that the new standard for execution? If being a drunk prick is reason for the cops to be in a perpetual state of fear then they truly are bigger pusssies than originally known. There will be a lot of dead cops and gay funerals.

Nah, just that drunk pricks and those who can't obey simple commands seem to find themselves shot when pointing guns at cops lately and at least three parts of that equation are easily remedied.
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Guy's,

Are you talking about military duty or a law enforcement officer?

Good question.

also, if every cop shot everyone that gave them legal and justifiable reasons to do so there would be a LOT more dead in the street.
Originally Posted by antlers
When a cop gives an order, you comply.

What if he gives you an order that is in direct opposition to your Constitutional rights...?
Sure, it's a pain in the butt, and riles you, but the cop has a reason to do what he is doing.

Sometimes that "reason" is nothing more than he's bein' a prick.
It is simple. Comply.

Good thing it wasn't that "simple" to those who founded this country.

So you are equating [bleep] Kinte from the NC shooting, et al with the founding fathers?

Just to be clear.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
So you are equating [bleep] Kinte from the NC shooting, et al with the founding fathers?
Just to be clear.

I'm equating 'blind compliance to authority' with bein' a 'subject' instead of a 'citizen'.

Just to be clear.
Gotcha. [bleep] Kinte = Founding Fathers. Because they weren't standing on principles, rather they were drug using/dealing leeches that contributed nothing and took took took from them that did work and contribute.
Two things:

1.) Rick Bin is a racist for editing the name of one of the most iconic characters in the history of black rights activism.

2.) Anybody that thinks this shooting is complex, or a "grey" area, is an ignorant, fugking moron.

Clark
That was mean David Clarke
There's nothing mean about the truth. It just is.

Anybody that thinks this shooting is even remotely questionable, is an ignorant fugking moron.

That includes all you white folk.

David Clark the 3rd Travis
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Nah, just that drunk pricks and those who can't obey simple commands seem to find themselves shot when pointing guns at cops lately and at least three parts of that equation are easily remedied.

If being a drunk prick is PC for execution then you're on thin ice.

The pendulum is swinging back and there's going to be a lot of dead cops. The new day of policing is upon us, fear and insecurity is the face of modern police practices. I miss the old days and old timers when police were the good guys and they weren't all flat top, crew cut fa.gs.
Just to be clear.

I'm equating 'blind compliance to authority' with bein' a 'subject' instead of a 'citizen'.

Just to be clear.
Just to be clear, the blind compliance to authority, is to allow time for the cop to sort it out without either of you getting shot. The time to address any butt hurt you may feel, is in a courtroom. The cop is just gaining control of an unknown situation, while trying to stay alive. If you can't figure that out, you're kinda slow.

The pendulum is swinging back and there's going to be a lot of dead cops. The new day of policing is upon us, fear and insecurity is the face of modern police practices. I miss the old days and old timers when police were the good guys and they weren't all flat top, crew cut fa.gs.

Don't cry like a bitch when your kid gets smoked.

Dave
Originally Posted by deflave

Don't cry like a bitch when your kid gets smoked.

Dave

Lolol. Same old tired worn out lines from a little goofy looking fu.cker like you is entertainment gold. Don't you get tired of being a pathetic attention whore with multiple aliases on here? Keep dressing like a soccer mom with cancer, it's a good look for a pathetic drunk and failure like you.
Originally Posted by EdM
So who do we trust?

Well we have two men I always trust ...... Smith & Wesson wink

Lolol. Same old tired worn out lines from a little goofy looking fu.cker like you is entertainment gold. Don't you get tired of being a pathetic attention whore with multiple aliases on here? Keep dressing like a soccer mom with cancer, it's a good look for a pathetic drunk and failure like you.

At least my son's not a cop.

Failure
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by EdM
So who do we trust?

Well we have two men I always trust ...... Smith & Wesson wink

Hope it's not a Sigma.

Dave
Hey soccer mom douche....don't cry like a bitch if my son smokes one of your snot nosed retards.

You're new name is fitting....failure.
If genetics are any indication, he'll miss by a large margin.

Not The Father of a Cop
Originally Posted by EdM
So who do we trust?

They can't have you believing your lyin' eyes, you see.
I was served with papers two days ago.

I'm typing in my buddies [bleep] basement. Fun stuff, really fun.

Travis

Everything is still up in the air. The bad news is that I'm homeless and pending divorce. The good news is they still make Budweiser. grin

Travis

A drunken loser with a few Internet buddies....congrats? If it wasn't for the Internet you'd just be a run of the mill retard.

I'm beginning to understand why you try so hard yet fail so often.

Yes, it is a 2 A issue. My right to carry is linked to a Black man's right to carry.

Our country is funny that way.

If cops initiate contact with me unlawfully, THEY own the consequences, up to and including my death... or theirs.

Left unchecked, it stands to reason that at some point - in the interest of officer safety, of course - they will work their way down the "profile list" to "Old Rednecks".

Everybody here is big on having guns to "resist tyranny". But when tyranny appears in the form of a City Cop instead of a Blue Helmet U.N. soldier, you all preach "comply".

There's a word for that.

I was served with papers two days ago.

I'm typing in my buddies [bleep] basement. Fun stuff, really fun.

Travis

Everything is still up in the air. The bad news is that I'm homeless and pending divorce. The good news is they still make Budweiser. grin

Travis

A drunken loser with a few Internet buddies....congrats? If it wasn't for the Internet you'd just be a run of the mill retard.

I'm beginning to understand why you try so hard yet fail so often.

At least my son's not a cop.

Not the Father of a POS Cop
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Yes, it is a 2 A issue. My right to carry is linked to a Black man's right to carry.

If cops initiate contact with me unlawfully, THEY own the consequences, up to and including my death... or theirs.

Left unchecked, it stands to reason that at some point - in the interest of officer safety, of course - they will work their way down the "profile list" to "Old Rednecks".

Everybody here is big on having guns to "resist tyranny". But when tyranny appears in the form of a City Cop instead of a Blue Helmet U.N. soldier, you all preach "comply".

There's a word for that.

Are you from Texas?
So they say the guy had a little Colt .380. That's what it looks like laying on the ground. Sez he carries it in an ankle holster.
Originally Posted by poboy
So they say the guy had a little Colt .380. That's what it looks like laying on the ground. Sez he carries it in an ankle holster.

Link?
If I wasn't I wouldn't admit it.
Can't do links. It's on Daily Mail.
If I wasn't I wouldn't admit it.

That was pretty witty for a Texan.

Travis
Under intense public and political pressure, Charlotte police officials on Saturday released dashboard and body camera recordings in the fatal police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, whose death has prompted large and sometimes violent protests here. For the first time, Police Chief Kerr Putney said Mr. Scott was in possession of both marijuana and a handgun, which he said raised a safety issue officers felt compelled to confront.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/us/charlotte-police-videos-keith-scott.html?_r=0
Just to be clear.

Just to be clear.

Just to be clear, you are venting and not sticking with the topic at hand. You have created a straw man and set it on fire.

If you have a firearm in hand, in a simular circumstance, and the police tells you to drop it. Drop it.

Open carry and holstered would have deescalade the whole event.
Hey soccer mom douche....don't cry like a bitch if my son smokes one of your snot nosed retards.

You're new name is fitting....failure.

BLM up in here! We gonna smoke yo white kid up in yo profile pic! And send Bubba so's you can smoke his pole too fahghott!

There's a word for that.

With the release of the videos, we have new threads going. This one is the only one discussing the "How in hell did THIS schidt happen?" dynamic.

This combination of seeing a gun and marijuana in close proximity and the reaction to it is of particular concern to me.

See........ I smoke Bugler, carried in a tobacco pouch, and roll my own by hand when I want a cigarette. AND..... if I'm in public I've got a .41 mag on a gunbelt hidden by a long vest or coat.

Now... if young Dudley Doright Jr. suspects he's seeing an old Redneck smoking weed, based solely on the fact he sees me rolling a smoke, and feels it necessary to disarm me for "officer safety" while he satisfies his curiosity, we have a crisis in the making.

As it turns out, the nigra killed in Charlotte was a poster child for Black Thugs, BUT THE COPS DIDN'T KNOW THAT UNTIL AFTER THEY HAD KILLED HIM.

The consensus here seems to be that we should comply with any cop's demands and rely on the Court to avenge us if we are wronged.

The Fed Gov't could disarm 90% of the population in a long weekend.

"From my cold dead hands"............. yeah, right.

If you can't see the difference in a holstered handgun and an unholstered handgun, you probably shouldn't be carrying a handgun.

Dave

If you can't see the difference in a holstered handgun and an unholstered handgun, you probably shouldn't be carrying a handgun.

Dave

And if you don't believe that there are plenty of cops who freak out at the sight of an armed citizen you probably have no business in this conversation, since your response is so predictable.

When there is ZERO concern exhibited for how confrontations like this begin, it IS cause for alarm.
Keep your head on a swivel next time you roll up some Bugler.

Dave
Keep your head on a swivel next time you roll up some Bugler.

Dave

I'll just give 'em the old Eastwood stare.

Yeah..... that's a good plan.
Just be sure you keep your barrel in your pants when you do!

Travis
No charges for officer in Charlotte shooting

By Max Blau, Holly Yan and Ryan Young,
CNN: November 30, 2016 5:23 PM CDT

[Linked Image]
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Officer Brentley Vinson

More than two months ago, the fatal police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott sparked thousands of protesters into the streets of Charlotte. His death led to days of demonstrations including some that turned violent. They wanted justice for a black man who they felt lost his life due to excessive police force.

On Wednesday, a more subdued scene played out following the announcement that Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Officer Brentley Vinson would not be charged for fatally shooting the 43-year-old man in an apartment complex parking lot. The decision concluded a two-month long investigation into whether the shooting was justified.

In response, about 100 protesters marched through downtown's streets Wednesday night to share their disappointment. Though they carried signs continuing to express outrage -- containing messages like "How to get away with murder: become a cop" -- the rally was tamer. Police and the press outnumbered protesters, according to CNN's Ryan Young.

"If we don't get no justice then you don't get no peace," they chanted.

Police officers arrested at least four protesters as they were attempting to corral them off the streets. Three were taken into custody for obstructing traffic -- a far cry from the dozens of arrests made during the last round of rallies.

"We support right to lawful protest," CMPD tweeted. "[The department] asks those involved to simply obey the laws."

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT

For months, Mecklenburg County District Attorney Andrew Murray studied evidence cobbled together by state investigators, which he ran by 15 other prosecutors for extra opinions. They all agreed with his decision.

After meeting with Scott's family Wednesday morning, Murray told reporters he rejected a series of "erroneous claims" that were made in the days after the shooting. The claims fueled widespread misconceptions about what actually happened, he said.

Murray said that "all the credible evidence" led to the conclusion that Scott was armed. After the shooting, Scott's relatives said he didn't have a gun, but investigators found his DNA on the grip of a gun found at the scene.

Shortly before the shooting, Scott visited a local convenience store where surveillance video showed a bulge around Scott's ankle. Officers later described it in a way that was consistent with the shape of a holster and gun, Murray said.

Protesters had initially repeated the remarks of a woman who claimed to have seen a white officer shoot Scott. Later, however, the woman told investigators she hadn't actually seen the shooting, according to Murray. He noted that Vinson, who is black, was the only officer who shot Scott. He said an analysis of the other officers' guns showed those guns were fully loaded, while Vinson's gun was missing several bullets.

Likewise, Scott's daughter posted a video on Facebook Live after the shooting that said her father was reading a book inside his car. But the daughter wasn't a witness and no book was found at the scene, Murray said.

The prosecutor said that officers told Scott at least 10 times to drop the weapon before Vinson opened fire.

Murray said that while criminal charges are not appropriate, "I know some are going to be frustrated."

SCOTT'S FAMILY ATTORNEYS: OUR WORK ISN'T OVER

While Vinson won't face charges, Scott family attorney Charles Monnett said the decision "doesn't end our inquiry."

"We still have concerns," Monnett said. "We still have real questions about what decisions were made that day," such as whether police could have used better de-escalation techniques that may have prevented Scott's death.

Another Scott family attorney, Justin Bamberg, acknowledged that "it's safe to say he did have a gun on his person," but there was no definitive proof that he had the gun in his hand.

The district attorney said while police reported seeing Scott with both marijuana and a gun, there was no evidence to show Scott raised the gun. Regardless, Murray said, Scott "could have raised his gun at any point" to shoot officers.

TWO MONTHS OF TENSIONS

Scott's death sparked massive protests -- sometimes violent -- and fueled the national debate about whether police are too quick to use deadly force, particularly against black men.

The fact that the officer is also black doesn't matter, some Charlotte residents said.

The deadly encounter started when police said they were looking for a person with an outstanding warrant at an apartment complex. That's when Scott, 43, exited a vehicle with a gun.

'This is not a black/white thing. This is a blue/black thing'

After widespread demands for the release of dashcam video, officials released the footage in October. But it didn't tell the complete story, such as whether Scott was holding or raising a gun.

The police footage shows an officer in plain clothes with his weapon drawn on Scott. As Scott exits an SUV, he begins walking backward, prompting Vinson to fire four times.

Video taken by Scott's widow shows a different perspective of what happened -- but also doesn't tell the complete story.

In that video, a man repeatedly yells for someone -- apparently Scott -- to "drop the gun."

"He doesn't have a gun. He has a TBI (traumatic brain injury)," Rakeyia Scott says, referencing an injury Scott suffered in a motorcycle accident. "He's not going to do anything to you guys. He just took his medicine."

Tests of Scott's blood indicated the presence of diazepam, amantadine, babapentin, nicotine, nordiazepam and promethazine. Scott's family attorney said the drugs were being used to treat Scott's traumatic brain injury.

"We ask that everyone work together to fix the system that allowed this tragedy to happen in the first place," the Scott family said in a statement.

CLOSED INVESTIGATION, OPEN EARS

Back in September, Charlotte police officers had a major revelation following the death of Scott: Protesters perceived them as indifferent or apathetic to their concerns. CMPD does not allow officers who perform crowd control to hold conversations as they hold formation.

To help change that perception, CMPD formed groups known as "Constructive Conversation Teams" that meet with protesters in the streets to answer their questions and talk with people who they're sworn to protect. They hope the effort reduces the level of police tensions throughout the city.

"These teams are listening to concerns, answering questions and engaging in constructive conversations with people," a police statement said.

On Wednesday night, a handful of protesters mingled with police officers wearing bright yellow safety vests, making small talk in an attempt to build trust in the community. It was a start. For at least one night, protesters didn't need a megaphone to be heard.

Yes, it is a 2 A issue. My right to carry is linked to a Black man's right to carry.....

Everybody here is big on having guns to "resist tyranny". But when tyranny appears in the form of a City Cop
instead of a Blue Helmet U.N. soldier, you all preach "comply"....

Some are simply blowhard gas-baggers that deep down would actually relish serving as enforcers of an
oppressive tyrannical jack-boot police state. Despots typically recruit the mostly irrelevant people from a
civilian population to do their nasty work because all it takes is a little of power to go right to their heads.

It's just odd that every time the cop is in the right or a cop is shot the videos quality is crystal clear. ...
but when the cop is at fault or made a bad judgement call, the video is bad quality .....or should I say "tampered with".

The video of a North Charleston cop shooting an unarmed man in the back 8 times is clear enough.
© 24hourcampfire