Home
Posted By: FlaRick Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Jeff Sessions has F'ed up time after time and screwed his boss in the process. Time to go.
Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Calling Rudy Giuliani..
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
The entire Republican party should resign.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
I don't really have an opinion on Sessions resigning but I do have an opinion on all these turncoat Republicans who suddenly "like" Sessions and will revolt if he's fired.

They treated Sessions like a pariah when he was a Senator, one of the lone voices fighting for immigration control, they labeled him a racist and a hack.

screw those bastards... most bunch of spineless son of a bitches god put on this earth.
Posted By: hatari Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Before he got the gig, Jeff Sessions was all gung ho about cleaning stuff up. Since being appointed, he's been under the radar. First sticky situation that came up he recused himself on Russia. That wasy a pusillanimous decision to take to appease teh Dems, BUT if he wanted to stay clear on being bogged down with that while trying to clean up evrything else, then I'll buy it. However, where is his action on anything else? About all I've seen the DOJ do under Sessions is bust a bunch of Medicare Fraud offices. Nice, but hardly blockbuster stuff and likely a hold over investigation from Lerner/Holder.

So WTF has this guy been doing. He works for Trump and wants to argue with with and not take direction from the POTUS? If so, the concept of the Deep State is stronger than anyone realizes. Tillerson suffers from the same. He works for Trump, but doesn't act like he knows it.

To me, it is looking like Trump hired a bunch of pria donnsa that want to do everything *their* way. If not, they will pout and go home. Trump coould take a clue from Genreal George S. Patton. Patton woould tell his subordinates what results he expected and leave it to them to get it down. If they failed to make progress, he'd fire them and promote someone who would get the job done. Could be the proper time for that style of leadership in DC.

A good battle plan that you act on today can be better than a perfect one tomorrow.

_ General George S Patton Jr.

Be willing to make decisions. That's the most important quality in a good leader.

- General George S Patton Jr.

“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”

― George S. Patton Jr.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Maybe the issue isn't Tillerson or Sessions?
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

pretty much the only real solution.

Sessions resigning though won't solve the problem. I don't know if Trump could get another AG nomination pushed through the Senate right now.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Trump will shoot his own foot if he looses Sessions. Trumps main enemy is his mouth. He needs to get rid of the obama hold overs. Hasbeen
Posted By: FlaRick Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Trump needs to keep firing down the chain until he gets someone who will serve in an acting capacity, take direction and support his agenda. Then he can use the recess appointment process to put somebody in who is rock solid.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Maybe the issue isn't Tillerson or Sessions?

The Boss is the the Boss, or so it is in the Mafia. Politics is just a higher level of Organized Crime. Seems that Holder and Lerner were more than willing to follow Darth Obama's direction in getting things done. You think Janet Reno didn't take direction form Slick Willie? Yes, Dems will take direction from their leadership whereas the GOP since Newt left town has been a bunch of freelance Cosmic Cowboys. Cruz has shown a little backbone. Where is the leadership in the Senate from Rubio? Didn't he want to be POTUS?

I am sure Trump outlined what he wanted accomplished, there is no doubt. I heard from people who work in sensitive areas of the the government who got brief prior to the Inauguration that Trump had a plan:

Secure the border immediately from those States who had no control over credentials (see muslim travel moratorium that the courts interfered with)

Repeal and replace Ocare

Re-work trade

Lower the Corp Tax structure

Eliminate Common Core in Education and send control back to the States

Undo needless regulation

Encourage Energy Production

clean up corruption in DC

To that end, he hired Sessions to clean up the corruption and he hired Tillerson specifically to reorganize the State Dept. So what are those two doing? Is DeVoss eliminating Common Core and planning to send money and control of education back to the States?

Trump has had his agenda stalled by the Democrats and derailed by the Courts. I haven't seen enough action by his Cabinet.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Trump needs to keep firing down the chain until he gets someone who will serve in an acting capacity, take direction and support his agenda. Then he can use the recess appointment process to put somebody in who is rock solid.

I have mixed views on Sessions, but he surely has not been very aggressive, considering all his talk during the campaign.

But if Trump fires him, Trump will have a very difficult time with his own party at getting anyone else confirmed in any reasonable period of time, given his relationship with most of the rest of the party.

So, I agree, a recess appointment will be his only short term route if Sessions is fired.

MM
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
I have always like Jeff Sessions, and I believe there is more to this than we know. Look, we all had high hopes that Trump was going to do a lot of things that we, as Conservatives, wanted done........immigration reform, tax reform, appoint conservative judges, get rid of Obamacare, get rid of Common Core, rework trade deals, eliminate the needless regulation on our businesses, put Hillary's ass in jail, and so on. But, to do these things, he had to have support in the House and in the Senate, and maybe most importantly of all, he had to be able to work on these things with no distractions. Unfortunately, the Russia thing simply will not go away, and if anything, is only getting worse, and Trump isn't helping himself any by agitating anyone who doesn't agree with him by going on Twitter. I believe he has yet to realize that there is a HUGE difference between running a business, and running a country. Yes, he could fire Sessions, just as he did Comey and Spicer, but that does nothing to help him politically. If he is going to accomplish the things he said he was going too do, he is going to have to play politics......something that so far, he has show he is not willing to do.
Posted By: Gus Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
the status quo republicans didn't support trump when he was a democrat. now, that he's aligned w/the republicans, the status quo (establishment) crowd still don't support him. and that includes the republicans in the majority. he's an outsider, and they're all aligned with the insiders (the deep state if you will).

he has his work cut out for him. and sessions has been a huge disappointment. don't know if he's overwhelmed, or if he's scared to death something negative is going to come out.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
I'm not real big on Trump's use of social media to get his message out, but it can be useful if the message to an employee (that isn't getting the message privately) needs to be made public. I've seen situations where an employee is too close to the boss and he doesn't take some suggestions or directions seriously. Might be the case here. Sessions thinks he was hired to do what he wants to do and doesn't seem to interested in following Trumps agenda. He has now been put on notice publically. If it were me and I wanted to keep the AG position, I'd make some changes in my priorities so that they more closely aligned with the priorities of the Boss. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to find that I needed a new job before long.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Agreed tweeting is less than presidential, Sessions has shown himself to not be up to the job so he needs to go sooner rather than later.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Sessions has behaved exactly as anybody should have expected Sessions to behave. Don't care if he's fired, the next one likely won't be any worse or any better (no Hillary prosecutions, increase in civil asset forfeitures, increase the focus on the war on drugs, etc).

But firing him is going to allow him to speak openly, and that may not be a good thing going into the 2018 election cycle.

Overall, though, I guess keeping the Senate tied up with nominating agency heads and then repeating it every 6 months after firing them is one way to keep the Senate from screwing up the country even more.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

It's the solution the lieberals would chit themselves over and the country would be destroyed. Great suggestion. crazy

If you haven't figured it out yet, the Democrats strategy right now has 2 main components:

1. Gridlock any Republican agenda items until the 2018 election.

2. Drive a wedge between Trump and the rest of the Republican Party.

From what I see, the Democrats have enjoyed a lot of success so far.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Just maybe Trump is all hat and no cattle.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Agreed tweeting is less than presidential,........

It may not be, but we are in a new and unique period in American history. Never has a POTUS been the immediate target of attack with the sole purpose of his political destruction from the day of the election BEFORE he was even inaugurated before Trump. The Dems and the media are so bold in their attacks that journalism as we once knew it has been killed. Not even Nixon was treated this way during Watergate. Because of the absolute media opposition, Twitter is one of the few outlets Trump can use to get his message tot he people.
As long as Sessions is deporting illegals, if that all he does.... is enough for me.

Doc
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Trump should not be airing HIS dirty laundry on Twitter ....IMO......fact!
Posted By: las Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
"Trump coould take a clue from Genreal George S. Patton. Patton woould tell his subordinates what results he expected and leave it to them to get it down. If they failed to make progress, he'd fire them and promote someone who would get the job done. Could be the proper time for that style of leadership in DC."

hatari- it is my understanding that has been Trump's management style in business.

And I disagree with another poster - at least somewhat- that Trump's tweeting is not "presidential". Maybe not, maybe so, but we are hearing what he REALLY thinks (or wants us to think) devoid of media/press agent filters. I kind of like that, even (especially?) if it is not PC.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Sessions works for President Trump.

Sessions has sucked at his job, so far.

Lotsa posters on this board, said "Get Holder" "Hillary for Prison", "Lois Lerner in orange".

But, when it's time to actually do it, the posters go limp, Sessions goes limp, everybody turns into a pussy except President Trump.

Sessions is just another Gowdy, talk tough and carry a big pussy.

His ass is gone, and it can't happen soon enough.

Problem is gonna be findin somebody to take the job, knowin they'll *actually have to do it*, not just BS their way through it.

The next AG is gonna know goin in that either the crooked ass O'Buckwheat Dems are goin down, or the new AG is.

Maybe Giuliani. Maybe.

They never shoulda fcked with Don Jr.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
For those who want Sessions out consider the following. It might be difficult getting another AG confirmed in the Senate. At the very least it would take a while. In the mean time Rod Rosenstein would be acting AG. He's a classic Washington bureaucrat. I agree that Session has been weak but replacing him with someone better might not be easy.
Posted By: Tuco Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Lotsa posters on this board, said "Get Holder" "Hillary for Prison", "Lois Lerner in orange".

But, when it's time to actually do it, the posters go limp, Sessions goes limp, everybody turns into a pussy exscept President Trump.

Problem is gonna be findin somebody to take the job, knowin they'll *actually have to do it*, not just BS their way through it.

The next AG is gonna know goin in that either the crooked ass O'Buckwheat Dems are goin down, or the new AG is.

Maybe Giuliani. Maybe.

Well said.

Unfortunately, Sessions, like everybody else in Washington, is a politician. They all talk a good game but, at the end of the day, are holding hands beneath the table.

Replace Sessions? Plus ca change, plus c'est meme chose.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
I would fire both Tillerson and Sessions neither one is getting rid of the obama hold outs.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
I think the purpose of the public criticism is to remind Sessions of what he's there to do and see if a fire can be lit in his heart. Sessions is a politician and avoiding public humiliation is a huge motivator for a politician. Sessions went to the DOJ and slipped into the shadows and has lost his way. Trump is putting a big hot spotlight on Sessions and trying to get him focused on doing the hard and politically uncomfortable job that needs to be done. He hasn't fired Sessions because Trump would much prefer Sessions get the job done instead of having to start from scratch with another nominee that could possibly never be confirmed.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by RickyD

It's the solution the lieberals would chit themselves over and the country would be destroyed. Great suggestion. crazy

sometimes Ricky, you are lucid, and sometimes you are not. This is one of the latter examples. laughing
Posted By: deflave Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Sessions needs to go. And will.

Dave
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
If Sessions had any balls he'd appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Comey , Lynch , Clintons , deep state leaking , and unmasking and step away. Be sure the special prosecutor isn't a deep state creature and it would get interesting fast. Also announce that no immunity granted by Mueller to any party under investigation by the other special prosecutor would be honored by the DOJ. That would cripple the Mueller fishing expedition.
Posted By: tzone Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17

There we have it!
Originally Posted by tzone

There we have it!

OK, you deep thinkers, tell me what happens next, then. I might be missing something, but believe it's you've all lost your minds. Not that that's of much consequence.
Sessions is gonna make Trump fire him. I doubt he's gonna quit.

Trump wants Mueller. Can't get him out with Sessions in.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
The swamp encompasses both sides of the aisle. Refusing to prosecute the swamp dwellers makes one complicit in helping to create an overcrowded swamp.
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by tzone

There we have it!

OK, you deep thinkers, tell me what happens next, then. I might be missing something, but believe it's you've all lost your minds. Not that that's of much consequence.

They're saying career politicians are ineffective pieces of schit.

If you don't think that's accurate then you're probably an ineffective POS.

Dave
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
If Sessions had any balls he'd appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Comey , Lynch , Clintons , deep state leaking , and unmasking and step away. Be sure the special prosecutor isn't a deep state creature and it would get interesting fast. Also announce that no immunity granted by Mueller to any party under investigation by the other special prosecutor would be honored by the DOJ. That would cripple the Mueller fishing expedition.

Best thought & comment in this thread so far...........................

I don't think Trump, or any of his current minions, except maybe Bannon, are smart enough to think of it themselves though; Gingrich is rumored to be coming in though, in in some position, & he is smart enough to think of it though.

Send the Prez a Tweet....................

MM
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
I don't like Gingrich as a man but he is intelligent, unintimidated and knows the D.C. Political machine as well as anyone. He would be a good addition to the Trump team. I like Sessions from what I've seen but I never thought he was a force to be reckoned with. He seems pretty soft spoken and too meek.

But, when it's time to actually do it, the posters go limp, Sessions goes limp, everybody turns into a pussy except President Trump.

Trump is the one who said he wasn't going after Hillary. If he wanted her prosecuted, it would be attempted.
If somebody think Trump wants Sessions gone for not going after Hillary, they might need to wear a helmet when they leave their house.

It's all about Mueller.
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17

That's not a bad idea.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I would fire both Tillerson and Sessions neither one is getting rid of the obama hold outs.

Tillerson is firing Obama in-beds on a daily basis. The media is not reporting this.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Good glad to hear someone is cleaning house.
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
As long as Sessions is deporting illegals, if that all he does.... is enough for me.

Doc

Jeff Sessions does that very well. That's what he was brought in to do. As a result he has many fans including the more conservative members of the senate. He should be left alone to do the work that he was brought in to do. He left a rock solid senate seat for this. He was the first legitimate politician to back Trump. Trump might not have gotten this far without Sessions.

I just don't know what Trump is doing with this. He's making it appear that he's deathly afraid of this investigation. I wonder sometimes if his New York real estate background is going to be his undoing. Something is there that he doesn't want the world to see.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
I said it at the time that Sessions decision to recuse himself was a disaster. He was almost flippant when he announced it.

I mean I get it. As far as he was concerned there was no there there, so he didn't see the danger in doing what might be the legally prudent thing. But he should have realized that once he lost control, the narrative was going to kick up in gear and there was no telling where this would go.
the impetus was shifted to rosentahl, rosenberg, whatever his name is, as assistant AG. a degree of command & control was lost, but not completely.

trump is like no other, for better or worse. about like david vs. goliath or some such.

he is depending upon the populace, the rank & file, to stand with him.

i think we will, overall, and in general and on average.

status quo folks do not support our Prez.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
I like that Trump is mixing things up. I like the "winning". That said, watching how he deals with some folks, especially running people down in public is going to come back to haunt him. If you're a boss and those people depend on you for a job with other people waiting to fill their shoes if you fire them, you've got a big hammer to wield. You can get things accomplished...you may not get loyalty, but you can force them to do things. In politics, I'm not sure its the same. Keep beating people with the hammer, especially publicly, and they are going to stop working with you, not just them but everyone who's watching....and if enough of them do it, you ain't gonna get nothing done...and in politics if they all turn against you you'll end up getting the shaft.

Hopefully he has an end game in sight and isn't just flying by the seat of his pants, twittering every odd thought. If he pisses enough people off, especially in his own party.....even if he is President, he ain't going to get big issues resolved.
I heard on Rush today that Sessions told his friends that he isn't going to quit. He is calling Trump's bluff - his words.

My take is that Trump is going to fire Sessions, Rosenstein and eventually Mueller. He is going to fire everyone who won't follow his commands.

He's freaking out over this and he sees the easiest way to make this go away is to fire people. If he did do anything seriously wrong in his past then he has nothing to lose by firing everyone in his way. Otherwise this move is just plain stupid. I don't get it.
Originally Posted by Tuco

But, when it's time to actually do it, the posters go limp, Sessions goes limp, everybody turns into a pussy exscept President Trump.

Maybe Giuliani. Maybe.

Well said.

Unfortunately, Sessions, like everybody else in Washington, is a politician. They all talk a good game but, at the end of the day, are holding hands beneath the table.

Replace Sessions? Plus ca change, plus c'est meme chose.

Are you sure it's hands they are holding under the table? smile
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
I don't think Trump really wants Sessions out. I think these tweets are just a distraction for the media. No one is talking about the healthcare vote.

And, it's funny. Libs hated Comey until Trump fired him. Libs hated Sessions, until Trump threatened to fire him. This is likely how Trump will get rid of Mueller w/o firing Sessions: https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...mart-about-how-he-fires-mueller-n2358768
trump has been elected to the highest office in the land by us commoners. the empire is verging on the tipping point. don't believe it, read up.

who better to serve us, and represent us than someone who is capable of thinking outside the box.

he hasn't yet caused the rats to scurry from the ship, but maybe he will do that.
Jeff Sessions has F'ed up time after time and screwed his boss in the process. Time to go.

And he was one of the scant few appointments of Trump's that I halfway approved of. What a shame.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
I heard on Rush today that Sessions told his friends that he isn't going to quit. He is calling Trump's bluff - his words.

My take is that Trump is going to fire Sessions, Rosenstein and eventually Mueller. He is going to fire everyone who won't follow his commands.

He's freaking out over this and he sees the easiest way to make this go away is to fire people. If he did do anything seriously wrong in his past then he has nothing to lose by firing everyone in his way. Otherwise this move is just plain stupid. I don't get it.

I am still looking for all those good reasons why Trump needs to fire Sessions and Mueller and....

We do not need a Cabinet of yes men afraid to disagree when the head man is wrong.
I would love to know how much of this stuff is just theater.
Posted By: 325Abn Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Admittedly, I'm not the most savvy when it comes to who is the best fit for these various and sundry cabinet positions or whoever President Trump can appoint for whatever position.

What is becoming a bit concerning for me is how many of these folks does Pres. Trump gotta fire? As many as needed i suppose....

For me the concerning part is if he is such a great executive (and i'm confident he is a savvy businessman), why are so many of the folks he's hired turning to be incompetent?

I thought he had a great 'sniffer' for talent? So far, how many of these positions has he had to replace because the first choice sucked ballzzz?

I voted for him and have confidence he will (is and has been) make some truly great decisions for America (the new Supreme Court Justice is a fantastic example).

I hope he can get some better people in the places they need to be so he is able to concentrate on the most glaring of problems and not have to be an HR interviewer...
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

I am still looking for all those good reasons why Trump needs to fire Sessions and Mueller and....

We do not need a Cabinet of yes men afraid to disagree when the head man is wrong.

a brand new re-set could well be within the near term. we do need a strong leader for sure. trump can lead. hopefully he's got his compass set on the right co-ordinates.

and he'll need a ton of strong as iron backup and support.

the rest of us can only cheer him on, or not.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17

The AG doesn't work for the President or take direction from him. He is the chief federal law enforcement official, not the President's handmaiden.

I'm glad we have Trump, but he needs to work within the Constitution and Laws of the Nation. He isn't chairman of the board anymore; it's politics, for better or worse.

Regarding Muller, ignore him with "executive privilege" and conduct business as usual. DON'T have his officials testify under oath. Just ignore subpoenas; there's nothing Muller and the Klitoon's lawyers hired can do about it.
trumps supporters will begin (already have begun) rings of power around him. fences beyond fences as it were.

if the swamp is to be drained, it could resemble making sausage..a good product but not enjoyable to watch the process.

i think trump et. al has offered true change which has been need. the repubs and certainly not the demo's agree. they have no clue.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
i gotta believe he is doing some j edgar hoover type schit under the covers. he's a mean little schit and i'll bet him and don have this all planned out. something big is going to come out one of these days on hildog or zero or comey or one of them.
Sessions keeps sayin he wants the job and wants to stay.

But he ain't actin like it.

President Trump's tweets are intended to do two things:

1- Let Sessions know he's goin to shat or get throwed off the pot; and

2- Make a public record of why Sessions got throwed off the pot.

The AG works for the President. The job don't get done, the AG goes.

President Trump is findin out firsthand that those that can't hack it in the private sector, work for the government.

Scaramucci is a prime example. Punkass liberal that don't like the President.

But, the guy has a past in the private sector. He will toe the line and do his job, or he'll get shatcanned. And, he knew that goin in.

He'll be way better than Spicer, who was Preibus' ballwasher, and a leaker.

Even though he's a punkass liberal. Gettin it done is what counts.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

The AG doesn't work for the President or take direction from him..

Wrong.
OK...partially wrong...I agree

He does uphold the law, however, whatever the President's wishes if the President and the Law are at odds.
The AG doesn't work for the President or take direction from him.
Yeah. He does.
He or she can do what the Chief Executive directs or resign or be fired.

The AG doesn't work for the President or take direction from him.

Interesting.

Clark
Originally Posted by rem141r
i gotta believe he is doing some j edgar hoover type schit under the covers. he's a mean little schit and i'll bet him and don have this all planned out. something big is going to come out one of these days on hildog or zero or comey or one of them.

Yes, check out the TownHall article I posted above...

Trump must eventually fire Robert Mueller, a partisan tool carrying water for his Establishment pals as he oversees an utterly corrupt “investigation” where the only person we actually know committed any wrongdoing is his bestest buddy Jim Comey. But Trump can’t just lash out and do it, though it is well within his political and moral right to do so. No, he’s got to do it cleverly, with cunning, in a way that shows the American people exactly why Mueller’s witch hunt is a flaming dumpster fire of conflicts of interest and contempt for the right of normal Americans to have a say in their own governance.

Trump has to set the stage before he pulls the trigger and puts the coup de grace into the temple of this appalling fiasco. He has to do it so the American people will see and understand why ending this idiocy is so absolutely necessary to preserve our Republic despite the mainstream media’s best effort to hide the truth.

Trump needs to seize the initiative from Leaky Bob. You know, I keep hearing how Mueller was this squared-away Marine officer, but through these incessant leaks his organization demonstrates a complete lack of both integrity and discipline. Mueller seems unwilling or unable to exercise any kind of leadership over his team of Hillary donors, or to instill a culture of seriousness and impartiality. The continuing misconduct of his out-of-control, ever-expanding fiefdom demonstrates that he must be relieved of command. And here’s the letter the president should send to him to set the stage to do it.

CARTOONS | BOB GORRELL
VIEW CARTOON
Robert Mueller

Special Counsel

United States Department of Justice

Dear Mr. Mueller:

I write in my capacity as the President, and to you in your capacity as a subordinate executive branch officer.

[This is where the president clarifies who works for whom – and whom the American people elected. Hint: It wasn’t the Menschian Suddenly-Aware-That-Russia-Is-Bad Gang.]

You were appointed to investigate the baseless and politically motivated claims of collusion with Russia. While I am frustrated at the partisan innuendo and improper leaks, I respect this process. Yet these false claims have interfered with my administration’s ability to deliver on the promises I made to the tens of millions of Americans who voted for me last November.

[This is where the President makes clear that he will not let these bogus charges derail the policies the American people voted for. You establishment creeps want to go back to business as usual? Win an election. Your coup fantasies? Not happening.]

It is important for me to tell you and the American people, who will read this letter since I intend to make it public, that nothing here seeks to impugn your integrity. You served your country honorably as a Marine overseas and in various roles at home.

[Of course, Trump must tweet out this letter, and it must be distributed far and wide by the skillful and smooth Anthony Scaramucci so that voters can read it themselves and not have to rely on the CNN/NYT/MSNBC/WaPo Lie Machine’s spin.]

But several troubling matters related to your investigation have arisen, so I am directing you to provide me a written explanation regarding the following matters no later than noon three days hence. I intend to release your response to the public, which must have full confidence in your investigation if it is to put to rest these baseless allegations.

[Shift the paradigm! Mr. President, this guy works for you. He owes you – and the American people – an explanation!]

1. 28 CFR 45.2 (”Disqualification arising from personal or political relationship”) bars participation in any investigation involving a personal friend. You are a long-time, close personal friend and mentor of James Comey. He is the source of allegations against me that leaks from your team that indicate that you are investigating. Please explain why you contend that 28 C.F.R. 45.2 does not apply to you based upon your close personal friendship with Mr. Comey. Please explain how your close friendship with this accuser will not undermine the American people’s confidence in the impartiality and fairness of your investigation.

[I was just discussing with one of my very, very prominent lawyer buddies how this whole thing stinks and would never be tolerated in the normal legal world. Any American is going to understand that you don’t appoint the pal of the “victim” to investigate the “crime.”]

2. Federal Election Commission filings show the political donations made by your staff, including donations of the maximum amount allowed by law, are overwhelmingly directed toward the Democratic Party. [Insert here a list of them and their Hillary payoffs so the people can see just how outrageous this really is.] Please explain why 28 C.F.R. 45.2 does not apply to your staff based on their demonstrated partisan preference for liberal Democrats who oppose my administration. Please explain how it happens that none of your staff appears to have primarily donated to Republicans – nor any of them to my candidacy despite the fact about 45% of American voters voted for me.

[Seriously. What the hell? The American people need to hear loudly and clearly that Mueller is picking members of the Felonia von Pantsuit fraternity for his metastasizing mob – and they’ll ask “Why?” Mueller cannot give a good explanation because there isn’t one.]

3. On June 14, 2017, the news media reported a leak from inside your investigation to the effect that I was personally the subject of an investigation for “obstruction of justice.” This leak was widely perceived as a bureaucratic maneuver designed to prevent me from exercising my prerogative under the Constitution of relieving you, a subordinate executive branch officer, of your duties. Recently, there were leaks about you unilaterally further expanding the probe beyond the bogus Russian collusion claims to my personal financial matters from a decade ago. Fairly or not, these shameful betrayals of your confidence by members of your team (assuming the media is accurate, which is questionable) portray you as using the kind of tactics that resulted in my mandate to “drain the swamp.” And these endless leaks are especially troubling in light of Mr. Comey’s admission that he leaked information to manipulate the special counsel process, while hiding from the American people the fact that I was never under investigation for collusion with Russia.

[Time to remind people that Mueller is not leading a group of dedicated professionals pursuing the truth but a liberal agenda-driven, undisciplined band of Hillary hacks who are just another set of Washington insiders playing the same old political games.]

If these leaks are accurate, please explain the steps you are taking to identify who on your team violated your trust and the trust of the American people. If the leaks are not true, please unequivocally state that fact. Please also explain the steps you are taking to ensure that your staff will act professionally and with integrity in the future in order to regain the American people’s confidence in the impartiality and fairness of your investigation.

[Boom. Put it back on Mr. Integrity™ to explain what he plans to do to restore some professionalism to the circle of jerks that is his team.]

This matter must be resolved quickly and completely, in a manner which all Americans see as absolutely impartial and fair. I am directing your public response to this letter both in fairness to you, because you deserve a chance to answer these concerns, and for the American people, who have questions that require answers.

[So you wanna play this out in the media? Okay. Except now you can’t do it from in hiding using whispers and lies. Time to stand up and be held accountable instead of talking smack via cowardly gossip through friendly liberal media catamites.]

And the American people deserve those answers soon, because they deserve an executive branch that can devote its full efforts to the agenda the people voted for. I am confident you share my determination that this not become another endless, expensive, and ultimately meaningless exercise in Washington gamesmanship. Accordingly, unless additional time, not to exceed 30 days, is granted upon a showing of good cause, I direct you to present your written findings by October 31, 2017. At that point, your appointment as Special Counsel will expire and any remaining matters requiring further investigation will continue to be investigated via normal Department of Justice investigatory channels.

[Set a fuse and light it. This charade cannot go on endlessly, so don’t let it.]

Donald J. Trump

President of the United States

[A useful reminder that he is the duly-elected President, and all the haters, liberal liars, and media hacks are not.]

Mueller has to go, sooner or later, but the President must first set the stage and make sure the American people understand exactly how much of an utter scam this whole thing is before he acts. Impeachment – the ultimate goal of Mueller/Comey and their liberal establishment string-pullers – is a political act. To pull off their unbelievably dangerous and destructive coup, the establishment needs to get a bunch of Republicans and the House and Senate to go along. Some of the RINOs are itching to, but they are cowards and they can be controlled by fear of voter backlash. By appealing to the people and making his case to them, the President will ensure that the people will tell their elected representatives, “Oh, hell no.” And the coup will sputter then peter out in pathetic failure, much like a Fredocon watching Cinemax at midnight without his Viagra.

Sad!

But Trump can’t act before he makes the case. Sure, the media will empty its bowels in horror at this letter and scream about “intimidation” and “interference,” but normal people will read it and ask “Yeah, why is this guy investigating claims made by his friend? That sounds unfair. And how come Mueller is appointing all Democrat Hillarybots? That’s not right.”

So, when Mueller refuses to follow the reasonable order of his elected superior to explain his outrageous conflicts of interest, Trump will be able to toss him and his band of hacks into the Schumer can. Yeah, the media will melt down, but normal Americans will shrug, and Trump will continue doing the job we elected him to do.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...mart-about-how-he-fires-mueller-n2358768
I backed off some from that statement. He does/should uphold the law, however, even if the President doesn't like a law.
OK...partially wrong...I agree

He does uphold the law, however, whatever the President's wishes if the President and the Law are at odds.

Like Lynch, and Reno, and whosits Fast and Furious? Damn, can't think of his name. .
Holder...

They all were hacks who didn't do their jobs. It's become the DC way. Assassination with impunity has them all toeing the line...the Soros line. Squeeze hit-man Podesta enough, and he'd cop to more than one murder he arranged for the Klitoons.

Though we don't agree on Lincoln and the War of Northern Aggression, I do tend to agree with you on this. I don't want a bunch of mindless robots, like the Democrats appoint to a cabinet, I want to see people in there who aren't afraid to make a decision on their own.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Though we don't agree on Lincoln and the War of Northern Aggression, I do tend to agree with you on this. I don't want a bunch of mindless robots, like the Democrats appoint to a cabinet, I want to see people in there who aren't afraid to make a decision on their own.

Exactly.

Let's sit there and do nothin to the Demonrats that have violated federal statute and the constitution, cause they's Demonrats.

Hell with Brian Terry.

Hell with the Tea Party bein blocked out of campaignin.

Hell with top secret emails leaked to our enemies, on purpose.
Exactly.

Let's sit there and do nothin to the Demonrats that have violated federal statute and the constitution, cause they's Demonrats.

Hell with Brian Terry.

Hell will freeze over before any action will ever taken on any of those things. Back room deals have been made, whereby if you don't come after me, then I won't come after you. Everybody has dirt on everybody else, Republicans and Democrats alike, so it's a stalemate.
It is with Sessions, the ass hole you're defendin.

President Trump's keepin his promise to the American people.

Prosecute the guilty, whoever they are.

Posts like yours prove that President Trump's still grabbin pussy, and makin it out itself.
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Agre[u][/u]ed tweeting is less than presidential,........

It may not be, but we are in a new and unique period in American history. Never has a POTUS been the immediate target of attack with the sole purpose of his political destruction from the day of the election BEFORE he was even inaugurated before Trump. The Dems and the media are so bold in their attacks that journalism as we once knew it has been killed. Not even Nixon was treated this way during Watergate. Because of the absolute media opposition, Twitter is one of the few outlets Trump can use to get his message tot he people.

I agree with this post. And that President Trump uses twitter for direct unedited message to citizens.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17

I'd rather they take a more permanent remedy. Dimmies too.
It is with Sessions, the ass hole you're defendin.

President Trump's keepin his promise to the American people.

Prosecute the guilty, whoever they are.

Posts like yours prove that President Trump's still grabbin pussy, and makin it out itself.

Trump hasn't prosecuted a damn person. He said the Clinton's had been through enough, and he wasn't going after Hillary. You need to open your eyes and realize that The Donald is far more interested in tweets than in action. Of course, you're probably sitting there hoping he'll grad your puzzy next.
Trump hasn't prosecuted a damn person. He said the Clinton's had been through enough, and he wasn't going after Hillary. You need to open your eyes and realize that The Donald is far more interested in tweets than in action. Of course, you're probably sitting there hoping he'll grad your puzzy next.

Wow! Liberal vagina much?

Tell me where Trump has prosecutorial powers?

Man, the economy sure is in a slump, ain't it? We're never bringing energy production back to the US, are we? Fugck it, impeach Trump and your gal Clinton can rule, right?

You sound like you're upset Trump didn't grab YOUR pussy. Used the women's room recently? You're in KY so probably get your ass beat doing that.
Trump called for Clinton's prosecution on the campaign trail.

He's recently called out Session for not doin nothin about her.

He's gonna fire Sessions if he doesn't prosecute the bitch.

But, keep your head up your ass. You're much more attractive that way.
Exactly.

Hell with Brian Terry.

Hell will freeze over before any action will ever taken on any of those things. Back room deals have been made, whereby if you don't come after me, then I won't come after you. Everybody has dirt on everybody else, Republicans and Democrats alike, so it's a stalemate.

That's why Sessions needs to be fired....Trump ran on the platform of draining the swamp and one of the more popular chants during his primary speeches was "Lock Her Up"....during his last debate with her, he made a promise to seek charges against her if he were elected....if Sessions doesn't have the balls to open or reopen investigations of Hillary, Holder, Rice, Lynch, Lerner and other players in one of the most corrupt administrations to ever hold power, he needs to have his ass kicked back into the swamp.....
Posted By: smokepole Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/25/17
Somebody probably already said this but if Trump really wants Sessions to resign, all he has to do is ask for the resignation. He's the President, and if he asks for a resignation he gets it, it's that simple.

Did anybody consider that with all the bullsh** swirling around Russia, Don Jr., and Kushner, they need a foil to take some heat, and Sessions is it?

You guys underestimate Trump. If he wanted Sessions gone, he'd be gone.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Somebody probably already said this but if Trump really wants Sessions to resign, all he has to do is ask for the resignation. He's the President, and if he asks for a resignation he gets it, it's that simple.

Did anybody consider that with all the bullsh** swirling around Russia, Don Jr., and Kushner, they need a foil to take some heat, and Sessions is it?

If you guys recall Sessions offered his resignation to Trump about a month ago and Trump didn't accept it. That's a fact, look it up.

Trump wants to embarrass Sessions and I think it's a shame. There are many people who believe that Sessions is the exact type of hard line conservative that this country needs in an AG. For pete's sake he's driving the agenda that Trump preached on the campaign trail. Trump is wrong to turn on this guy. If you read breitbart you will see that conservatives are getting really pissed off at Trumps shenanigans. It's getting really stupid at this point. What is his end game?

It's like he would rather fight with people than govern.
Posted By: knivesforme Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
Wrong! He put him on notice. Do your job. I can't do it by myself. We haven't had nor have we needed a President to be so out in front of our collective faces. I believe (maybe cause I want to) that, that is the purpose of many of the things President Trump does.

Posted By: djs Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17

Jeff Sessions is a highly principled man who should NOT resign. Trump said that he never would have appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions had he known Mr. Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation; of course, Sessions did not know he'd have to recuse himself at the time of his appointment. If the Special Prosecutor's investigation of the Trump campaign and meeting with the Russians are just "fake news", what is the President concerned about?
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
Originally Posted by djs
If the Special Prosecutor's investigation of the Trump campaign and meeting with the Russians are just "fake news", what is the President concerned about?

Showin your proud rainbow colors again, moron.

What a surprise.

Normally, a special prosecutor gets appointed to investigate evidence of a crime, i.e., watergate, blue dress stains.

IOW, you have the evidence that a crime may have occurred, burglary, perjury, then you appoint the SP and see if a prosecutable crime occurred.

But not with President Trump.

There is absolutely *no* evidence any crime was ever committed, even if the BS thrown out by the Demonrats was believed.

Ain't no crime to talk to "Russians".

Ain't no crime to accept their help with information on your opponent.

So there's no crime to investigate.

And yet, there's a liberal, ILLary donatin' special prosecutor, who hires 45 other ILLary supportin' prosecutors, investigatin *no* crime.

Only a supporter of Russian gulags could get behind this witch hunt.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17

I think you significantly overestimate Trump....................Biggly.

I hope that i'm wrong.

MM
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
Why not just fire rosenstein? Why is there no discussion on the #2?
Posted By: hatari Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17

If you guys recall Sessions offered his resignation to Trump about a month ago and Trump didn't accept it. That's a fact, look it up.

Trump wants to embarrass Sessions and I think it's a shame. There are many people who believe that Sessions is the exact type of hard line conservative that this country needs in an AG. For pete's sake he's driving the agenda that Trump preached on the campaign trail. Trump is wrong to turn on this guy. If you read breitbart you will see that conservatives are getting really pissed off at Trumps shenanigans. It's getting really stupid at this point. What is his end game?

It's like he would rather fight with people than govern.

It's not like Trump has had much cooperation from anybody. For defeating HRC, the GOP rank and file should supplicate themselves before him.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
It's my understanding that Sessions recused himself WITHOUT talking to his boss about it beforehand. I think that by not consulting with Trump about recusing himself that he made a big mistake and a major break in protocol and Trump has every reason to be annoyed.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
If the Repubs have any hope of controlling Congress after the next midterms, it will involve a substantial house cleaning. I suspect though that the nation will go with the obvious alternative. Democrats.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17

Simply take a look at Lincoln's Cabinet. Strong men with strong opinions. Lincoln always listened to those who disagreed, weighted what they said, and did what he thought was right. It takes a better man than most to pull that off.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
Trump should fire Sessions or shut up about it. He's coming across like a whiny little bitch with his twitter crap.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
Originally Posted by slowmover12

Um... distraction. What is the media not losing their heads over today?

Trump and Sessions sitting in a tree
T-W-E-E-T-I-N-G
First some love
Then comes marriage
Then comes the healthcare repeal/replace package (whether or not it gets voted on in the senate, the big story today is not Obamacare, it's Trump tweeting about Sessions)

Time to wake up!

I'll add this #NeverTrumper post to illustrate my point:

Originally Posted by curdog4570
Trump should fire Sessions or shut up about it. He's coming across like a whiny little bitch with his twitter crap.

Just buy a hat already, man. I'll bet Sessions goes nowhere. I been wrong before, once.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17

But it's soooo unfair. Really terribly unfair. Everyone knows how unfair it is. Sad. Badly even.

Lol. The guy whines like a kvetching old Jewish lady.
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by slowmover12

Um... distraction. What is the media not losing their heads over today?

Trump and Sessions sitting in a tree
T-W-E-E-T-I-N-G
First some love
Then comes marriage
Then comes the healthcare repeal/replace package (whether or not it gets voted on in the senate, the big story today is not Obamacare, it's Trump tweeting about Sessions)

Time to wake up!

I'll add this #NeverTrumper post to illustrate my point:

Just buy a hat already, man. I'll bet Sessions goes nowhere. I been wrong before, once.

The healthcare vote is all over the news. Not that it's likely to lead to anything.

You buy me the hat, I'll buy you a beer.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
I don't think Sessions should be fired. And a real leader doesn't badmouth his subordinates.

But...... Trumps style seems to suit the metrosexual types so maybe y'all are his new base of support.
Posted By: knivesforme Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
It could have been a Jeb Bush and got his ass handed to him! Stud!
I don't think Sessions should be fired. And a real leader doesn't badmouth his subordinates.

But...... Trumps style seems to suit the metrosexual types so maybe y'all are his new base of support.

I know you're old, but I'm on your side.

Trump whines like an old lady.
Posted By: efw Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
I don't understand why any Conservative would want Sessions to resign, much less why Trump would be upset with him.

He has done an excellent job on illegal immigration which is why Trump brought him on.

Just because Holder was a hack doesn't mean Sessions should be, and that seems to be Trump's "logic".

Trump doesn't seem to have any real core principles except himself and his narcissism. If he fires Sessions it has to be presumed that his litmus test will be firing the special prosecutor which will really turn this Russian stupidity into something.

Terrible terrible work here Mr Pres; not at all what I wanted when I voted for him.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
If Sessions stays, he needs to clean up the mess that he in part is responsible for.

Rosenstein and Mueller need to go, as does that BS "investigation" that has all Hillary supporters in key positions to do our country more harm.

That BS needs to end. NOW.

Maybe then they can focus on what we elected this administration to do.

Sessions needs to grow a set of balls, or step down.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
Originally Posted by efw
I don't understand why any Conservative would want Sessions to resign, much less why Trump would be upset with him.

He has done an excellent job on illegal immigration which is why Trump brought him on.

Just because Holder was a hack doesn't mean Sessions should be, and that seems to be Trump's "logic".

Trump doesn't seem to have any real core principles except himself and his narcissism. If he fires Sessions it has to be presumed that his litmus test will be firing the special prosecutor which will really turn this Russian stupidity into something.

Terrible terrible work here Mr Pres; not at all what I wanted when I voted for him.

Good post. I'm far more concerned with the good job that Sessions has done on illegal immigration than with his failure to kiss Trump's ass, as some of the other posters are. Just because a few of them are ass kissers, doesn't mean that Sessions has to be one. If Trump would work half as hard pushing his agenda, as he does agitating those that he doesn't like, the country would be much better off. I didn't vote this crap, I voted for something better, or at least I thought I did.
Originally Posted by efw

A Leader should know that his Team will have his back and he can depend on them.

A Team should know that their Leader will not stab them in the back.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If Sessions stays, he needs to clean up the mess that he in part is responsible for.

Rosenstein and Mueller need to go, as does that BS "investigation" that has all Hillary supporters in key positions to do our country more harm.

I think Sessions has more integrity and "balls" about him than anyone else in the Trump administration. He was pretty much in a no win situation, because had he not recused himself in the investigation, he would have been accused of acting partisan. Like it or not, whether there is anything there or lot, the Russia thing is not going away, and is holding Trump hostage. This isn't like decision that he was used to making in the business world, where he just said "do it:, and it was done. This is politics, it's not like the business world. Firing Sessions, or forcing him to resign isn't going to make Russia go away, it's only going to add to Trump's problems.
Like it or not, whether there is anything there or lot, the Russia thing is not going away, and is holding Trump hostage. This isn't like decision that he was used to making in the business world, where he just said "do it:, and it was done. This is politics, it's not like the business world. Firing Sessions, or forcing him to resign isn't going to make Russia go away, it's only going to add to Trump's problems.

^ This right here; cept I'd add that as much as we love bashing the MSM at this point they aren't the ones holding Trump hostage with Russia... Trump is.

He has a major communication problem with inconsistency between messengers, lack of transparency, and bumbling at every turn. Every time he has the chance to make a cogent argument as to why something isn't what it appears he seems to show exactly the opposite.

Just watch the CNN interview with his new communications guy posted elsewhere here. New people won't take care of his problem because HE is the problem saying we'd not know if Russia hacked that looks so inane.

There either really is something to the Russia thing (I don't buy that personally) or Trump is such a self consumed narcissist that he can't see how everything he does makes it look like nothing is in fact something. There just is no other possibility than these two and neither bode well for the future of his campaign promises.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
I have always like Jeff Sessions, and I believe there is more to this than we know. Look, we all had high hopes that Trump was going to do a lot of things that we, as Conservatives, wanted done........immigration reform, tax reform, appoint conservative judges, get rid of Obamacare, get rid of Common Core, rework trade deals, eliminate the needless regulation on our businesses, put Hillary's ass in jail, and so on. But, to do these things, he had to have support in the House and in the Senate, and maybe most importantly of all, he had to be able to work on these things with no distractions. Unfortunately, the Russia thing simply will not go away, and if anything, is only getting worse, and Trump isn't helping himself any by agitating anyone who doesn't agree with him by going on Twitter. I believe he has yet to realize that there is a HUGE difference between running a business, and running a country. Yes, he could fire Sessions, just as he did Comey and Spicer, but that does nothing to help him politically. If he is going to accomplish the things he said he was going too do, he is going to have to play politics......something that so far, he has show he is not willing to do.

Yes, the Russian BS is a huge distraction, by design I might add.

But let's not forget , who recused himself in all matters Russia paving the way for this snowballing witch hunt. If Sessions had not recused himself, we would not have Mueller and his team of Clinton attorneys working overtime to take down President Trump.
Sessions is gonna make Trump fire him. I doubt he's gonna quit.

Trump wants Mueller. Can't get him out with Sessions in.

Not true, President Trump can fire Mueller without Sessions.
Pretty sure only the guy that appointed him can fire him?

Which would actually be Rosenstein.
Originally Posted by steve4102

But let's not forget , who recused himself in all matters Russia paving the way for this snowballing witch hunt.

Sorry but I completely disagree.

If he had NOT recused himself his integrity would have been called into question due to his own early dealing with the Russians.

And no, I don't think there is any there there, but attorneys are to avoid the APPEARANCE of impropriety. And that would CERTAINLY by any objective standard appear improper.

Trump is bumbling this situation at every turn. It's his own inability to focus upon substance and maintain discipline of message that has gotten him into this.

Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
The democrats are using Russia to stop Trumps agenda. The bad thing is the republicans in congress are letting this happen. Hasbeen
Posted By: smokepole Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17

If Trump wants him gone, all he has to do is say the word. Right now Sessions is more useful to him as AG. For the time being.

The AG doesn't work for the President or take direction from him. He is the chief federal law enforcement official, not the President's handmaiden.

I'm glad we have Trump, but he needs to work within the Constitution and Laws of the Nation. He isn't chairman of the board anymore; it's politics, for better or worse.

Regarding Muller, ignore him with "executive privilege" and conduct business as usual. DON'T have his officials testify under oath. Just ignore subpoenas; there's nothing Muller and the Klitoon's lawyers hired can do about it.

Not true.

The AG "serves at the pleasure of the president" just like a police chief "serves at the pleasure of the mayor".

Look it up, Google is your friend.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17

The President can fire anyone in his administration.

If Trump wants him gone, all he has to do is say the word. Right now Sessions is more useful to him as AG. For the time being.

Sessions or Mueller?
I know Trump can fire Sessions, but I don't think he has the power to fire Mueller.
Had to google it to be sure:

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/06/can-trump-fire-mueller/
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

^^^This is are there is to it^^^^^^^^^

Sessions created this whole mess and he himself and he alone needs to clean it up.

I'm guessing President Trump has told him as much and Sessions either refused to President Trump's face, or is refusing to behind President Trumps back.

Either way, clean it up or move out of the way for someone that has the balls to do it.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17

Sessions or Mueller?
I know Trump can fire Sessions, but I don't think he has the power to fire Mueller.

I'm talking Sessions. In response to the thread title.

Wrong again.
Originally Posted by efw

A Leader should know that his Team will have his back and he can depend on them.

That is the dumbest thing I read all week, congratulations.

You hire someone to do a job, that person cannot or will not do that job. Removing that person from that position/job is now considered "stabbing in the back".
Fur Dumb.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
Originally Posted by efw

You hire someone to do a job, that person cannot or will not do that job. Removing that person from that position/job is now considered "stabbing in the back".
Fur Dumb.

I believe the tweets were what was being referred to as back stabbing, and he's right. That is a very rude and counterproductive way of getting results, not to mention lazy and cowardly. You may get results short term, but the long term unintended consequences will usually be very destructive.

Fur Dumb.

Wow I'm going to agree with Bowsinger. There's a first time for everything.

Like Ricky said it's the tweets and comments to the press referred to and if you're defending those you don't know anything about managing people.

Furthermore if you think the AG's job is running interference for the Pres you're also FOS. That may have been Holder's job but... newsflash... we wanted a change from Obama's corruption when we voted against Hillary, not a continuation of it repackaged to benefit us.

Principled discipline is hard and appears to lose in the daily grind of 24 hr news cycles but yields long term results. What Trump is doin... I don't know what that is and am pretty convinced he doesn't either... is neither principled nor disciplined.
Originally Posted by efw

Fur Dumb.

Your reply is beyond STUPID. Removing a team member is not stabbing them in the back! Slandering them in public and not removing them is stabbing in the back; plain and simple.

Good Grief! I always brought bad news behind closed doors...

Posted By: FlaRick Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
Well, it seems that "slandering them (Sessions) in public" has gotten some results. Finally.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ions-into-intelligence-leaks-source.html

"Sessions to announce investigations into intelligence leaks: source"
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17
It is up to President Trump now.
Originally Posted by efw

Fur Dumb.

Your reply is beyond STUPID. Removing a team member is not stabbing them in the back! Slandering them in public and not removing them is stabbing in the back; plain and simple.

Good Grief! I always brought bad news behind closed doors...

More stupid from the stupid.

slan·der
ˈslandər/Submit
nounLAW
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
"he is suing the TV network for slander"
verb
make false and damaging statements about (someone).
"they were accused of slandering the head of state"
synonyms: defame (someone's character), blacken someone's name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint;
Posted By: larrylee Re: Sessions Should Resign - 07/26/17

The AG doesn't work for the President or take direction from him..

Wrong.

The President hired him therefore he can fire him so in essence the AG works for the President.
© 24hourcampfire