Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by efw
I don't understand why any Conservative would want Sessions to resign, much less why Trump would be upset with him.

He has done an excellent job on illegal immigration which is why Trump brought him on.

Just because Holder was a hack doesn't mean Sessions should be, and that seems to be Trump's "logic".

Trump doesn't seem to have any real core principles except himself and his narcissism. If he fires Sessions it has to be presumed that his litmus test will be firing the special prosecutor which will really turn this Russian stupidity into something.

Terrible terrible work here Mr Pres; not at all what I wanted when I voted for him.

A Leader should know that his Team will have his back and he can depend on them.

A Team should know that their Leader will not stab them in the back.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If Sessions stays, he needs to clean up the mess that he in part is responsible for.

Rosenstein and Mueller need to go, as does that BS "investigation" that has all Hillary supporters in key positions to do our country more harm.

That BS needs to end. NOW.

Maybe then they can focus on what we elected this administration to do.

Sessions needs to grow a set of balls, or step down.

I think Sessions has more integrity and "balls" about him than anyone else in the Trump administration. He was pretty much in a no win situation, because had he not recused himself in the investigation, he would have been accused of acting partisan. Like it or not, whether there is anything there or lot, the Russia thing is not going away, and is holding Trump hostage. This isn't like decision that he was used to making in the business world, where he just said "do it:, and it was done. This is politics, it's not like the business world. Firing Sessions, or forcing him to resign isn't going to make Russia go away, it's only going to add to Trump's problems.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Like it or not, whether there is anything there or lot, the Russia thing is not going away, and is holding Trump hostage. This isn't like decision that he was used to making in the business world, where he just said "do it:, and it was done. This is politics, it's not like the business world. Firing Sessions, or forcing him to resign isn't going to make Russia go away, it's only going to add to Trump's problems.

^ This right here; cept I'd add that as much as we love bashing the MSM at this point they aren't the ones holding Trump hostage with Russia... Trump is.

He has a major communication problem with inconsistency between messengers, lack of transparency, and bumbling at every turn. Every time he has the chance to make a cogent argument as to why something isn't what it appears he seems to show exactly the opposite.

Just watch the CNN interview with his new communications guy posted elsewhere here. New people won't take care of his problem because HE is the problem saying we'd not know if Russia hacked that looks so inane.

There either really is something to the Russia thing (I don't buy that personally) or Trump is such a self consumed narcissist that he can't see how everything he does makes it look like nothing is in fact something. There just is no other possibility than these two and neither bode well for the future of his campaign promises.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have always like Jeff Sessions, and I believe there is more to this than we know. Look, we all had high hopes that Trump was going to do a lot of things that we, as Conservatives, wanted done........immigration reform, tax reform, appoint conservative judges, get rid of Obamacare, get rid of Common Core, rework trade deals, eliminate the needless regulation on our businesses, put Hillary's ass in jail, and so on. But, to do these things, he had to have support in the House and in the Senate, and maybe most importantly of all, he had to be able to work on these things with no distractions. Unfortunately, the Russia thing simply will not go away, and if anything, is only getting worse, and Trump isn't helping himself any by agitating anyone who doesn't agree with him by going on Twitter. I believe he has yet to realize that there is a HUGE difference between running a business, and running a country. Yes, he could fire Sessions, just as he did Comey and Spicer, but that does nothing to help him politically. If he is going to accomplish the things he said he was going too do, he is going to have to play politics......something that so far, he has show he is not willing to do.

Yes, the Russian BS is a huge distraction, by design I might add.

But let's not forget , who recused himself in all matters Russia paving the way for this snowballing witch hunt. If Sessions had not recused himself, we would not have Mueller and his team of Clinton attorneys working overtime to take down President Trump.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Sessions is gonna make Trump fire him. I doubt he's gonna quit.

Trump wants Mueller. Can't get him out with Sessions in.

Not true, President Trump can fire Mueller without Sessions.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty sure only the guy that appointed him can fire him?

Which would actually be Rosenstein.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by steve4102

But let's not forget , who recused himself in all matters Russia paving the way for this snowballing witch hunt.

Sorry but I completely disagree.

If he had NOT recused himself his integrity would have been called into question due to his own early dealing with the Russians.

And no, I don't think there is any there there, but attorneys are to avoid the APPEARANCE of impropriety. And that would CERTAINLY by any objective standard appear improper.

Trump is bumbling this situation at every turn. It's his own inability to focus upon substance and maintain discipline of message that has gotten him into this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The democrats are using Russia to stop Trumps agenda. The bad thing is the republicans in congress are letting this happen. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If Trump wants him gone, all he has to do is say the word. Right now Sessions is more useful to him as AG. For the time being.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Trump needs to keep firing down the chain until he gets someone who will serve in an acting capacity, take direction and support his agenda. Then he can use the recess appointment process to put somebody in who is rock solid.

The AG doesn't work for the President or take direction from him. He is the chief federal law enforcement official, not the President's handmaiden.

I'm glad we have Trump, but he needs to work within the Constitution and Laws of the Nation. He isn't chairman of the board anymore; it's politics, for better or worse.

Regarding Muller, ignore him with "executive privilege" and conduct business as usual. DON'T have his officials testify under oath. Just ignore subpoenas; there's nothing Muller and the Klitoon's lawyers hired can do about it.

Not true.

The AG "serves at the pleasure of the president" just like a police chief "serves at the pleasure of the mayor".

Look it up, Google is your friend.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

The President can fire anyone in his administration.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

If Trump wants him gone, all he has to do is say the word. Right now Sessions is more useful to him as AG. For the time being.

Sessions or Mueller?
I know Trump can fire Sessions, but I don't think he has the power to fire Mueller.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If Sessions stays, he needs to clean up the mess that he in part is responsible for.

Rosenstein and Mueller need to go, as does that BS "investigation" that has all Hillary supporters in key positions to do our country more harm.

That BS needs to end. NOW.

Maybe then they can focus on what we elected this administration to do.

Sessions needs to grow a set of balls, or step down.

^^^This is are there is to it^^^^^^^^^

Sessions created this whole mess and he himself and he alone needs to clean it up.

I'm guessing President Trump has told him as much and Sessions either refused to President Trump's face, or is refusing to behind President Trumps back.

Either way, clean it up or move out of the way for someone that has the balls to do it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

Sessions or Mueller?
I know Trump can fire Sessions, but I don't think he has the power to fire Mueller.

I'm talking Sessions. In response to the thread title.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Wrong again.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by efw
I don't understand why any Conservative would want Sessions to resign, much less why Trump would be upset with him.

He has done an excellent job on illegal immigration which is why Trump brought him on.

Just because Holder was a hack doesn't mean Sessions should be, and that seems to be Trump's "logic".

Trump doesn't seem to have any real core principles except himself and his narcissism. If he fires Sessions it has to be presumed that his litmus test will be firing the special prosecutor which will really turn this Russian stupidity into something.

Terrible terrible work here Mr Pres; not at all what I wanted when I voted for him.

A Leader should know that his Team will have his back and he can depend on them.

That is the dumbest thing I read all week, congratulations.

You hire someone to do a job, that person cannot or will not do that job. Removing that person from that position/job is now considered "stabbing in the back".
Fur Dumb.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by efw

You hire someone to do a job, that person cannot or will not do that job. Removing that person from that position/job is now considered "stabbing in the back".
Fur Dumb.

I believe the tweets were what was being referred to as back stabbing, and he's right. That is a very rude and counterproductive way of getting results, not to mention lazy and cowardly. You may get results short term, but the long term unintended consequences will usually be very destructive.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Fur Dumb.

Wow I'm going to agree with Bowsinger. There's a first time for everything.

Like Ricky said it's the tweets and comments to the press referred to and if you're defending those you don't know anything about managing people.

Furthermore if you think the AG's job is running interference for the Pres you're also FOS. That may have been Holder's job but... newsflash... we wanted a change from Obama's corruption when we voted against Hillary, not a continuation of it repackaged to benefit us.

Principled discipline is hard and appears to lose in the daily grind of 24 hr news cycles but yields long term results. What Trump is doin... I don't know what that is and am pretty convinced he doesn't either... is neither principled nor disciplined.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by efw

Fur Dumb.

Your reply is beyond STUPID. Removing a team member is not stabbing them in the back! Slandering them in public and not removing them is stabbing in the back; plain and simple.

Good Grief! I always brought bad news behind closed doors...

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 07/26/17.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1Akshooter, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,900
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.