Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Jeff Sessions has F'ed up time after time and screwed his boss in the process. Time to go.

I'm better when I move.
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Calling Rudy Giuliani..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The entire Republican party should resign.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't really have an opinion on Sessions resigning but I do have an opinion on all these turncoat Republicans who suddenly "like" Sessions and will revolt if he's fired.

They treated Sessions like a pariah when he was a Senator, one of the lone voices fighting for immigration control, they labeled him a racist and a hack.

screw those bastards... most bunch of spineless son of a bitches god put on this earth.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before he got the gig, Jeff Sessions was all gung ho about cleaning stuff up. Since being appointed, he's been under the radar. First sticky situation that came up he recused himself on Russia. That wasy a pusillanimous decision to take to appease teh Dems, BUT if he wanted to stay clear on being bogged down with that while trying to clean up evrything else, then I'll buy it. However, where is his action on anything else? About all I've seen the DOJ do under Sessions is bust a bunch of Medicare Fraud offices. Nice, but hardly blockbuster stuff and likely a hold over investigation from Lerner/Holder.

So WTF has this guy been doing. He works for Trump and wants to argue with with and not take direction from the POTUS? If so, the concept of the Deep State is stronger than anyone realizes. Tillerson suffers from the same. He works for Trump, but doesn't act like he knows it.

To me, it is looking like Trump hired a bunch of pria donnsa that want to do everything *their* way. If not, they will pout and go home. Trump coould take a clue from Genreal George S. Patton. Patton woould tell his subordinates what results he expected and leave it to them to get it down. If they failed to make progress, he'd fire them and promote someone who would get the job done. Could be the proper time for that style of leadership in DC.

A good battle plan that you act on today can be better than a perfect one tomorrow.

_ General George S Patton Jr.

Be willing to make decisions. That's the most important quality in a good leader.

- General George S Patton Jr.

“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”

― George S. Patton Jr.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe the issue isn't Tillerson or Sessions?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

pretty much the only real solution.

Sessions resigning though won't solve the problem. I don't know if Trump could get another AG nomination pushed through the Senate right now.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump will shoot his own foot if he looses Sessions. Trumps main enemy is his mouth. He needs to get rid of the obama hold overs. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Trump needs to keep firing down the chain until he gets someone who will serve in an acting capacity, take direction and support his agenda. Then he can use the recess appointment process to put somebody in who is rock solid.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Maybe the issue isn't Tillerson or Sessions?

The Boss is the the Boss, or so it is in the Mafia. Politics is just a higher level of Organized Crime. Seems that Holder and Lerner were more than willing to follow Darth Obama's direction in getting things done. You think Janet Reno didn't take direction form Slick Willie? Yes, Dems will take direction from their leadership whereas the GOP since Newt left town has been a bunch of freelance Cosmic Cowboys. Cruz has shown a little backbone. Where is the leadership in the Senate from Rubio? Didn't he want to be POTUS?

I am sure Trump outlined what he wanted accomplished, there is no doubt. I heard from people who work in sensitive areas of the the government who got brief prior to the Inauguration that Trump had a plan:

Secure the border immediately from those States who had no control over credentials (see muslim travel moratorium that the courts interfered with)

Repeal and replace Ocare

Re-work trade

Lower the Corp Tax structure

Eliminate Common Core in Education and send control back to the States

Undo needless regulation

Encourage Energy Production

clean up corruption in DC

To that end, he hired Sessions to clean up the corruption and he hired Tillerson specifically to reorganize the State Dept. So what are those two doing? Is DeVoss eliminating Common Core and planning to send money and control of education back to the States?

Trump has had his agenda stalled by the Democrats and derailed by the Courts. I haven't seen enough action by his Cabinet.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Trump needs to keep firing down the chain until he gets someone who will serve in an acting capacity, take direction and support his agenda. Then he can use the recess appointment process to put somebody in who is rock solid.

I have mixed views on Sessions, but he surely has not been very aggressive, considering all his talk during the campaign.

But if Trump fires him, Trump will have a very difficult time with his own party at getting anyone else confirmed in any reasonable period of time, given his relationship with most of the rest of the party.

So, I agree, a recess appointment will be his only short term route if Sessions is fired.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have always like Jeff Sessions, and I believe there is more to this than we know. Look, we all had high hopes that Trump was going to do a lot of things that we, as Conservatives, wanted done........immigration reform, tax reform, appoint conservative judges, get rid of Obamacare, get rid of Common Core, rework trade deals, eliminate the needless regulation on our businesses, put Hillary's ass in jail, and so on. But, to do these things, he had to have support in the House and in the Senate, and maybe most importantly of all, he had to be able to work on these things with no distractions. Unfortunately, the Russia thing simply will not go away, and if anything, is only getting worse, and Trump isn't helping himself any by agitating anyone who doesn't agree with him by going on Twitter. I believe he has yet to realize that there is a HUGE difference between running a business, and running a country. Yes, he could fire Sessions, just as he did Comey and Spicer, but that does nothing to help him politically. If he is going to accomplish the things he said he was going too do, he is going to have to play politics......something that so far, he has show he is not willing to do.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the status quo republicans didn't support trump when he was a democrat. now, that he's aligned w/the republicans, the status quo (establishment) crowd still don't support him. and that includes the republicans in the majority. he's an outsider, and they're all aligned with the insiders (the deep state if you will).

he has his work cut out for him. and sessions has been a huge disappointment. don't know if he's overwhelmed, or if he's scared to death something negative is going to come out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not real big on Trump's use of social media to get his message out, but it can be useful if the message to an employee (that isn't getting the message privately) needs to be made public. I've seen situations where an employee is too close to the boss and he doesn't take some suggestions or directions seriously. Might be the case here. Sessions thinks he was hired to do what he wants to do and doesn't seem to interested in following Trumps agenda. He has now been put on notice publically. If it were me and I wanted to keep the AG position, I'd make some changes in my priorities so that they more closely aligned with the priorities of the Boss. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to find that I needed a new job before long.

Harry
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Agreed tweeting is less than presidential, Sessions has shown himself to not be up to the job so he needs to go sooner rather than later.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sessions has behaved exactly as anybody should have expected Sessions to behave. Don't care if he's fired, the next one likely won't be any worse or any better (no Hillary prosecutions, increase in civil asset forfeitures, increase the focus on the war on drugs, etc).

But firing him is going to allow him to speak openly, and that may not be a good thing going into the 2018 election cycle.

Overall, though, I guess keeping the Senate tied up with nominating agency heads and then repeating it every 6 months after firing them is one way to keep the Senate from screwing up the country even more.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

It's the solution the lieberals would chit themselves over and the country would be destroyed. Great suggestion. crazy

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

If you haven't figured it out yet, the Democrats strategy right now has 2 main components:

1. Gridlock any Republican agenda items until the 2018 election.

2. Drive a wedge between Trump and the rest of the Republican Party.

From what I see, the Democrats have enjoyed a lot of success so far.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Just maybe Trump is all hat and no cattle.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Agreed tweeting is less than presidential,........

It may not be, but we are in a new and unique period in American history. Never has a POTUS been the immediate target of attack with the sole purpose of his political destruction from the day of the election BEFORE he was even inaugurated before Trump. The Dems and the media are so bold in their attacks that journalism as we once knew it has been killed. Not even Nixon was treated this way during Watergate. Because of the absolute media opposition, Twitter is one of the few outlets Trump can use to get his message tot he people.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 23 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,048
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.