Home
My stepfather has a small 'gentleman's farm'[doesn't live on it] but works it every day after closing his mechanical shop.
He had two white labs that live at the shop and go everywhere that he goes. A neighbor at his farm raises some kind of 'special' cats and stepfathers dogs would give chase if any of these cats ventured over[special strain of cat, yet he let them free-range].
Tuesday night the labs chased one of them home. Stepfather drove over to retrieve his dogs and the guy first put a pistol in his face, then turned and shot both of his labs sitting at his feet-point blank, killed both.
Then the guy took off just as my stepfather grabbed his pistol from his truck.
Interesting thing is that two Federal Marshalls were in on chasing him down along w/local Sheriffs dept.
His bail/bond hearing is sometime today and stepfather is going......I hope and pray he can control his emotions.

People are just F'ing crazy anymore.....
Holy Crap!!
The less human interaction the better.

Hope all goes well for him, I can't fathom what a [bleep] freak that dude is. It would have been difficult to have not made catfish bait out of him
Wow !!!, a loose cannon that needs put in jail.

I will say if someones dog came on my property, and mauled 1 of my kids...I'd shoot that fugger dead in front of the owner too, and probably pistol whip his azz at the same time.
Solution- everyone keeps pets on their own property. Simple.
Insane...
That is a disturbing story.
I assume this [bleep]'s house will burn down while he is in jail?
Originally Posted by Fireball2

You're a fücking idiot.

And that's a disturbing reply.
That fellow needs to be in jail for a long time but the law is soft on people who kill your dogs. Makes no sense that a neighbor would do that unless there is some bad blood for other things.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

I will say if someones dog came on my property, and mauled 1 of my kids...I'd shoot that fugger dead in front of the owner too, and probably pistol whip his azz at the same time.

I would too, but a damned cat? A damned cat that is constantly off it's owners property?

Grandad always made it clear:
3 things that you don't fugg with:
Other peoples
kids
money
dogs
I'd set up a conibear trapline on the farm with sardines as bait at every one of them.

Coyotes around here seem to get ALL the outdoor cats.

They didn't harm the damned cats, just chased them. Poor hounds. Look up harmful effects of feral cats on wildlife and see what you find. A dog may want to be a predator, but usually can't. Cats kill everything they can catch. Hence the "coyotes".
Thats nuts.

Glad it did not escalate too much....
Your stepfather needs to stay completely clear of that guy. That incident sounds so reminiscent of stories you hear told after a neighbor is killed by another.

Guy is definitely f'd up. No doubt he'd shoot your stepfather given the slightest perceived reason.

Through this process, I'd have your stepdad get a restraining order placed on the guy. Not that paper will save him, but in some states, him having a restraining order against him will preclude him from possessing firearms. Again, not saying he would abide, but if he doesn't, another reason for the cops to pick him up again.

Finally, your step dad needs to be armed and mentally and physically ready to shoot that sob the moment he breaks the restraining order and takes a step towards him. The guy has already made a death threat (pistol in face) so the fear for his safety is already there. The protective orders, imo, are just setting the table to allow your step dad or you to do what's going to need to be done in the future.

The only other solution is for your stepdad to sell and move away.
Originally Posted by kingston
Insane...

A "Special Cat"

Glad you Pa is in one piece. Hope they screw the SOB to the wall.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Thats nuts.

I've only had my Lab for 10 months. But somebody throwing a pistol in my face then killing my dog would cause an escalation.

I'm not sure what it would be. But there would have to be a price paid for something like that.
Sounds like the fellow was trying to hide something.......
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Thats nuts.

I've only had my Lab for 10 months. But somebody throwing a pistol in my face then killing my dog would cause an escalation.

I'm not sure what it would be. But there would have to be a price paid for something like that.

I hear ya.
The guys a felon[maybe some federal charges sometime-marshalls involved] so he will hopefully be going to jail for a while.
He shot the dogs in the road, not his yard.
That...
Originally Posted by stantdm
That fellow needs to be in jail for a long time but the law is soft on people who kill your dogs. Makes no sense that a neighbor would do that unless there is some bad blood for other things.

Does the Las Vegas shooting make any sense? Does the Texas Church shooting make any sense? Crazy doesn't make any sense......Ever.
Originally Posted by GunReader
I assume this [bleep]'s house will burn down while he is in jail?

See, now, were it me that this happened to our my stepdad, that's where my mind would go as well. Actually my mind would go a lot worse than that.

The traps would be another I would do. Problem is the guy is already a loose-cannon, and unless you're able to deal with the confrontation, the stepdad needs to do nothing to prod this guy.
Guy shouldn't have let his precious cats roam, and the dog guy should have kept his dogs under voice control. The whole shooting incident is insane of course, but not surprising.
That makes my blood boil, and I am afraid your stepfather won't have much legal recourse. I'd make those [bleep] cats history.
The neighbor have priors?

Why did Feds get involved?
Originally Posted by Raeford
The guys a felon[maybe some federal charges sometime-marshalls involved] so he will hopefully be going to jail for a while.

Schit........on the road?

Definitely trying to hide something.
Good thing the nut-case ran, stepdad might have gone John Wick on him. Sorry about the labs.
i am old and sick but you shoot my girls at my feet you will never need toilet paper again!
Originally Posted by Tarkio

He IS a convicted felon[and i would assume there must be some Federal charges in his past for Feds to come swooping in].
He might want to consider selling that property and leaving that situation behind. With peoples pride, it can't end well if interaction continues.
Another convicted felon with a gun...
Raeford: Caution your stepfather that he IS in danger - that cretin criminal will probably bail out and his anger will be building up inside him and he may wish to take it out in another irrational act on or at your stepfather!
Indeed there are WAY to many "crazy" people out there.
Please caution your family member.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I never thought of that before.

I suppose that could be why the Marshals were involved.
I blame the cats and dogs...
U.s. marshals in on the pursuit. Dude has done some serious shyt for sure to warrant that. Your stepfather needs to get a carry permit and start packing a pistol .40 cal or better with hydrashocks. Fugged up situation to be in. Have a gun put in your face and watching your dogs get shot over some cats.....

He IS a convicted felon[and i would assume there must be some Federal charges in his past for Feds to come swooping in].

You Step dad doesn't have to worry about him being a neighbor anymore.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Kind of thinking this too.
He does have a CC and it was probably best that his pistol was in the truck. I feel pretty certain that he would have caused the guy to have a few leaks....

The point is, as we've seen of late, people are getting crazier by the day.
He might want to consider selling that property and leaving that situation behind. With peoples pride, it can't end well if interaction continues.

His granddaughter has lived on this farm since she was born and is slowly taking over the farming part which I know makes him very happy. She also has one of his[former] labs pups that is grown now and I'm sure that she is already planning a litter. She immediately offered to start dropping it off at his shop daily on her way to work just to keep him company.
It's just a 190 acre piece of scraggly mountain land here in Appalachia but he grew up on a farm and I seriously doubt anyone beyond the granddaughter will ever have a chance at it.
Insane...

A "Special Cat"

^ ^
Oxymoron right there.

You're a fücking idiot.

The man is correct, don't let your pets roam on other peoples property and all will be well.

But I do note that a lot of posters on here think they have a right to allow their pets to wander around on other people's property and that any who object are just meanies out to get them.

PRIVATE PROPERTY means just that.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

Why, is there something you don't understand about the concept of ownership?
Originally Posted by add
Insane...

A "Special Cat"

^ ^
Oxymoron right there.

Sounds like a code word for methamphetamine
My stepfather has a small 'gentleman's farm'[doesn't live on it] but works it every day after closing his mechanical shop.
He had two white labs that live at the shop and go everywhere that he goes. A neighbor at his farm raises some kind of 'special' cats and stepfathers dogs would give chase if any of these cats ventured over[special strain of cat, yet he let them free-range].
Tuesday night the labs chased one of them home. Stepfather drove over to retrieve his dogs and the guy first put a pistol in his face, then turned and shot both of his labs sitting at his feet-point blank, killed both.
Interesting thing is that two Federal Marshalls were in on chasing him down along w/local Sheriffs dept.
His bail/bond hearing is sometime today and stepfather is going......I hope and pray he can control his emotions.

Dang! I hope he gets justice, but happy he didn't get shot too!

Any idiot who would shoot two labs out from underneath the owners feet wasn't far from shooting the owner, too.

I hope he does time, lots, for this.

There is obviously a problem with the fellow, and if he had kept the damn cats on his own property there would not have been an issue.

I doubt it. Clearly he has a loose screw of some sort; but, one doesn't hide something by sticking a gun in another guys face and then shooting the other guy's dogs right in front of him. Once again, he's clearly nuts, stupid or both. It seems to me this is behavior that would ensure, if you are hiding something, it would be found.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

You're a fücking idiot.

The man is correct, don't let your pets roam on other peoples property and all will be well.

But I do note that a lot of posters on here think they have a right to allow their pets to wander around on other people's property and that any who object are just meanies out to get them.

To classify this situation as a pet/private property issue is idiotic.
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

I doubt it. Clearly he has a loose screw of some sort; but, one doesn't hide something by sticking a gun in another guys face and then shooting the other guy's dogs right in front of him. Once again, he's clearly nuts, stupid or both. It seems to me this is behavior that would ensure, if you are hiding something, it would be found.

Probably right.

We see some people do crazy stuff up here trying to "protect" a pot grow or a meth house.

Like assault the neighbors or beat the hell our of their girl friend. I guess thats why it crossed my mind.

You're a fücking idiot.

To classify this situation as a pet/private property issue is idiotic.

Threatening another and shooting his dogs on a public thoroughfare is criminal, allowing your pets to wander on another's land uninvited is idiotic.

Thinking that your pets are beloved by all as much as you love them is bloody well stupid.
It's an issue of personal accountability.

Cat guy is accountable for-

1) letting his cats roam free
2) menacing with the gun and shooting the dogs

Dog guy is accountable for-

1) letting his dogs chase the cats beyond his property boundaries, not controlling his dogs.
2) If he had successfully left, gotten his pistol, returned, and engaged in a firefight killing cat guy, who knows what sheit would have hit the fan. Would that be pre-meditated murder at that point?

Probably right.

We see some people do crazy stuff up here trying to "protect" a pot grow or a meth house.

Like assault the neighbors or beat the hell our of their girl friend. I guess thats why it crossed my mind.

Same here and that is a good point.

1) letting his dogs chase the cats beyond his property boundaries, not controlling his dogs.
2) If he had successfully left, gotten his pistol, returned, and engaged in a firefight killing cat guy, who knows what sheit would have hit the fan. Would that be pre-meditated murder at that point?

Nevermind....

People fuggin crazy....
Breaking News: Dog Chases Cat

Update: Turns out that this is common behavior with Dogs and Cats,

Cat guy's an a-hole that needs a serious beat down followed by jail time for violating gun laws..
Threatening another and shooting his dogs on a public thoroughfare is criminal, allowing your pets to wander on another's land uninvited is idiotic.

Thinking that your pets are beloved by all as much as you love them is bloody well stupid.

Water is wet. Circles are round.

Identifying situations remotely related to one's pet peeves as evidence to further one's cause, is narcissism.
First I would commend your stepfather for turning it over to LE and letting them handle it. Don't know that I would have had the self-control to do that. I think your FIL needs to understand that he is in danger now and take steps he thinks are appropriate. Some good ones have been mentioned here. If the neighbor is a felon, as was mentioned, he should do jail time. People need to be reminded that their pets are their responsibility and they are responsible for keeping them on their own property. You have no control over what happens to your pet if it leaves your property. I would consider the cats an "attractive nuisance" and release the dogs from all responsibility.

Identifying situations remotely related to one's pet peeves as evidence to further one's cause, is narcissism.

Pontificating about the motives of others to make a point is right smack dab in the realm of 'fu_kwitism'.

Pontificating about the motives of others to make a point is right smack dab in the realm of 'fu_kwitism'.

Ah, a bit of healthy introspection and self criticism.

Ah, a bit of healthy introspection and self criticism.

Ok, have it your way.

Have a nice day.

I doubt step-dad had a 38 Super in the truck......

Like assault the neighbors or beat the hell our of their girl friend.

Wrong.

The recreational drug industry doesn't precipitate anything like this. I read that here on the fire, and the people that say it are soooo persuasive. I'm just sure you are mistaken.

Get a clue Fu_kwit.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12187033/1

So much butthurt in such a small package.

Get a clue Fu_kwit.

Have it your way.

So much butthurt in such a small package.

Well he does seem to have a hard-on for you, did you rape his cat or something?

Get a clue Fu_kwit.

Have it your way.

That's bout all you can do with that one. He's so butthurt about Travis leaving he's beside himself. Must be a reason.
Have it your way.

Continuing to quote the Burger King won't make circles any less round.

Get a clue Fu_kwit.

Have it your way.

Continuing to quote the Burger King won't make circles any less round.

Must be some obscure American reference that doesn't have any relevance here.

Bit like you really.

Nighty-night sweetcheeks, don't let the bedbugs bite you now.
I'm still waiting to hear why U.S. Marshalls were involved in his capture.
This dude was seemingly living a quiet life out in a very un-populated area. Owned a nice home there etc
I've only spoken with my mother so far. Knowing how my step was about his dogs, we've stayed back a bit[he has two grown sons that live on or near his farm that I'm sure are keeping close watch].
The guy basically fled[in car] just after shooting when he knew that another gun was about to be brought in to play.

I dont think the fact that the Marshalls were involved always means there are federal charges. My old department used to have one officer assigned to a Marshalls task force to enable them to utilize federal money and federal equipment to track down people on state warrants. Sometimes if they had info that someone had a state warrant and fled out of state, the Feds would issue a UFAP warrant (Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution) to make extradition easier. As soon as the suspect was back in local custody they would drop the UFAP case. This arrangement works well for local pds, they get Federal assistace, and well for the Feds in that all apprehensions whether on state or local charges help their stats. The arent going to get involved in a traffic warrant, but a felony involving a gun they will.

A state case for shooting dogs (even if he was previously a felon and now also has a state Felon in Possession case) probably isnt going to result in a ton of jail time.

Main point is problem may not be over.

Nighty-night sweetcheeks, don't let the bedbugs bite you now.

Neither will taunting.
If the nutcase shot your stepdads dogs, Labs no less while he was there he would have shot your stepdad as well without much if any provocation, it ended well quite honestly....the glass is half full.

Well he does seem to have a hard-on for you, did you rape his cat or something?

Well, if you'd seen his cat... grrrrrrrrrr
Letting your cats or dogs roam is THE recipe for conflict with your neighbors. I thought most here would get that, guess I was wrong on that.
Originally Posted by cv540

A state case for shooting dogs (even if he was previously a felon and now also has a state Felon in Possession case) probably isnt going to result in a ton of jail time.

So a felon sticking a handgun in a guys face and shooting his dogs next to him isn't going to result in much jail time?

No wonder we have mass shootings.
Originally Posted by cv540

So a felon sticking a handgun in a guys face and shooting his dogs next to him isn't going to result in much jail time?

No wonder we have mass shootings.

Not enforcing existing laws has been a successful recipe for enacting more laws.

Hahahaha smile
Originally Posted by stantdm

Bad blood with a cat owner? You must be kidding. wink

Hahahaha smile

If I'm not mistaken, it's a Super Redhawk. wink

Don't those felons know it's against the law to possess a gun.......
Anyone who doesnt realize its a good dogs duty to chase cats back home where they are safe is crazy.

Rae, if the nut shows up at home make sure pops has several fire detectors set in his house.

No, I get the ownership concept. I don't get the reaction of the neighbor over dogs and cats. That is the issue here. Nothing else.
Letting your cats or dogs roam is THE recipe for conflict with your neighbors. I thought most here would get that, guess I was wrong on that.

Yep. Maybe a shouting match or a battle of wits. I have neighbors with problem dogs and it would never occur to me to draw my weapon, even if the idiot insulted my mother. Hell, even if one of them punched me, the weapon stays holstered. Now, he may walk with a limp for a while and even talk with a lisp; but, no gunfire is required or justified over an animal on the loose. Of course, that presupposes said animal is not in an attack mode.

I want to live in your world someday where everything is perfect and nothing ever happens that isn't totally under my control
Sorry to read this, I feel for your stepfather! 30 years ago my fathers good buddie, had coon hounds, one night hunting 4 of his oldest and best dogs chased a coon into a horse barn, the owner shot and killed all 4 dogs just as Clay and another guy got there to grab the dogs it took 3 men to hold my dads friend down he wanted to kill the guy that shot his dogs! it went to court the Horse owner had the right to protect his live stock. Clay told my dad he would one day Kill that man one day. this guy was an older fellow also a grade school Principal, not to long after, Clay got Cancer and died, they named the school after him! we all thought he would get the guy before he died, but he let it go!

Yep. Maybe a shouting match or a battle of wits. I have neighbors with problem dogs and it would never occur to me to draw my weapon, even if the idiot insulted my mother. Hell, even if one of them punched me, the weapon stays holstered. Now, he may walk with a limp for a while and even talk with a lisp; but, no gunfire is required or justified over an animal on the loose. Of course, that presupposes said animal is not in an attack mode.

Exactly.
Now I have a 81 YO mother with cancer terrified to be home alone and contemplating a gun purchase.
Any word on charges?
Nope, I've been putting off making the call. Hate bothering mom too much.They held the guy from Tuesday evening until 11 or 12 this morning for a bail hearing.

Exactly.
Now I have a 81 YO mother with cancer terrified to be home alone and contemplating a gun purchase.

You don’t have one you could loan your mom?
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Exactly.

You don’t have one you could loan your mom?

I don't want mom handling a firearm to be honest. My stepfather has several[and CC permit] and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way.
Going over this evening and see how things are going and go from there.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Felons should have the right to protect themselves.
Besides never letting them outside, how in the fook do you keep a cat from roaming?
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Besides never letting them outside, how in the fook do you keep a cat from roaming?

Conibear.....cage trap and a water trough.....foot hold and a 22 short.....just to name a few....

I thought that might be the case. I usually have some extras. 😉

Best of luck to you guys. If someone shot my 2 dogs at my feet I’d likely be talking to my attorney right now. I’m never not armed and I’ve never had to draw it on a human but that guy likely would’ve changed all that.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Conibear.....cage trap and a water trough.....foot hold and a 22 short.....just to name a few....

😉
The last cat I owned, was @20 years ago, when I lived in LA. While in her own yard, 4 feral dogs dug there way into my fenced yard. By the time I could respond to the ruckus, unlock my Glenfield model 60, load and get into position, she had blooded 3 of them, but they tore her apart.
I shot 4, buried 1, left the rest for the scavengers.

Don't discount cat owner's.
Originally Posted by Synt31
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Felons should have the right to protect themselves.

Felons lose rights because they became felons.

I do think that if a person has paid his debt to society and is deemed safe enough to release into he public by the justice system, them all rights should be restored. If that person is unsafe or unfit to release with full rights, then take him behind the barn and put a .22lr behind his ear, or put him back in the cell with the other animals.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Felons lose rights because they became felons.

I do think that if a person has paid his debt to society and is deemed safe enough to release into he public by the justice system, them all rights should be restored. If that person is unsafe or unfit to release with full rights, then take him behind the barn and put a .22lr behind his ear, or put him back in the cell with the other animals.

I agree, it's a bullshit law designed to chink away at gun rights. If someone is a danger to others with a gun than they are a danger with out one. Maybe this has been covered here before, I'm new.

What a sh*tty situation for the original poster and his family, though.
Felons can still use black powder weapons, such as a BP revolver. They are not totally forbidden. Under some conditions, they can also recover that Right.
All this and nobody is worried about who is feeding the poor kitties?
If someone shot my 2 dogs at my feet I’d likely be talking to my attorney right now. I’m never not armed and I’ve never had to draw it on a human but that guy likely would’ve changed all that.

No, more likely we'd be reading your obituary. If the guy just shot your dogs, he'd have the drop on you. If you reached for your gun you'd be a dead man. That's the brutal truth.

Tom
The first indication he had a screw loose was multiple cats. I'd goddam sure fix that problem for him.
I would never shoot a dog at someone's feet but I'll sure as fuuck blow their godddamn guts outs if I see them running cows....

People are fuucking idiots.
Hey don't shoot my dog, I paid $500 for him....

Ahh yeah okay, he's only chasing pregnant $2500 cows on icy ground.....

Get your fuuckin' dog outta here you stupid 'tard.

stray cats don't last long around here........

gotta $500 dog........?

keep him on your fuggin' property...........

runnin' cows or deer....he's in deep schidt...........
Originally Posted by T_O_M
If someone shot my 2 dogs at my feet I’d likely be talking to my attorney right now. I’m never not armed and I’ve never had to draw it on a human but that guy likely would’ve changed all that.

No, more likely we'd be reading your obituary. If the guy just shot your dogs, he'd have the drop on you. If you reached for your gun you'd be a dead man. That's the brutal truth.

Tom

Very true but I’m fast, just ask my wife. 😁

Tom

The guy stuck the gun in his face first. Then shot the dogs at his feet.

The BG had the drop on him.

After he stuck a gun in my face, then shot both my dogs and took off, I'm afraid I would have armed myself asap and taken care of the threat if were still a threat.

If the BG is retreating, I don't think you can pursue and shoot him in most states.
And if the cows are out and happen to get chased......good. Maybe they'll think twice about crawling the fence.

But if they are on our private property and some dumbass can't keep his dogs at home then it's an entirely different story.

I dislike shooting dogs and always give a warning(or two).
I'm the same way, Sam.

Unless they are killing something right there, I always fire wide the first time. If they come back I educate them further, and have no more problems.
I will have to say that shooting dogs, labs no less, at someone's feet is beyond f'd up....
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I will have to say that shooting dogs, labs no less, at someone's feet is beyond f'd up....

Yep.

Found two dogs out at the olive orchard yesterday. I think they'd been running deer, but had stopped when they saw me. One was a lab mix, the other a doberman. Doberman had nicely clipped ears. Both were in very good shape, like they belonged to someone that cares. I just couldn't shoot them.

Guess I'm getting soft hearted in my old age. wink

His pussy?

What if someone's dog is chasing your $2500 cat?

LOL!

There's no such thing as a $2500 cat. laugh

But, if there were, I think I'd keep it on my own property if I cared about it much.

Where was the cat when the chase began?

Tom

I hope, for her sake, you take your time on the follow-up shots. smile
Best of luck to you guys. If someone shot my 2 dogs at my feet I’d likely be talking to my attorney right now. I’m never not armed and I’ve never had to draw it on a human but that guy likely would’ve changed all that.

That's why I don't have any intentions of having to go back to my truck to get my gun. I keep one on my belt. Soon as the guy put his gun in my face, I certainly would have feared for my life.

Tom

Like Speedy Gonzales saying, "It wont hurt, did it? " grin

I'd shoot every one of those mother f'ing cats that strayed onto my property.

Tom

Like Speedy Gonzales saying, "It wont hurt, did it? "

If you have a 2500 dollar cat running loose, there is proof you have a screw loose.
wink
The cat is out of the bag now, unfortunately. Cuzz a SSS would likely have been the best solution.
Nasty ass feral cats will pick fights with dogs and plenty of cats that come home at night act feral during the day.And my drahthaar will oblige them every time. People let their cats run all over hell because it's just a cat what can it hurt.

LOL!

But, if there were, I think I'd keep it on my own property if I cared about it much.

Last GF and I had 2 cats. If it wasn't for the minor imperfections they had that made them useless as show cats - they would have been $3000 kittens. Each.

We got Jake and Stella for free - given the breeder was family to the GF. But we had to sign a lot of documentation around cloning etc.

Yup. Then there'd be no problem.
"Your cat killed my pet sparrows that fly where ever they want to."
Originally Posted by teal

LOL!

Last GF and I had 2 cats. If it wasn't for the minor imperfections they had that made them useless as show cats - they would have been $3000 kittens. Each.

We got Jake and Stella for free - given the breeder was family to the GF. But we had to sign a lot of documentation around cloning etc.

Show cats.

smfh

Probably a lot of really emotionally stable women that would attend that event.
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by teal

LOL!

Show cats.

smfh

Probably a lot of really emotionally stable women that would attend that event.

Her godmother was the "face" of the ordeal. She attended shows and did sales etc. Her godfather was the brains. He had multiple masters degrees in biology etc and used to do a lot of research for the state on various things. He did all the genetics and breeding decisions. Their house was set up to do all of this.

Nice people and it was their "thing".

She sells kittens all over the world - won tons of ribbons etc.

Jim passed away a few years ago - a lot of "cat people" showed up and they are different. Jake and Stella are/where pets to us, many others with the show cats were treated them like you would a show car. Only comes out for the show and no attachment to them otherwise. Was really weird and uncomfortable.
Ruger Predator, A Can on the end of the barrel...

8 x 32 scope...

17 Fireball...

17 HMR for short range.. with a CAN on the end of that barrel...
Sounds like the guy is off more than a little bit. Cat folks are generally a bit different. My only neighbor has a boat load of cats...I've never seen him in daylight and he's never come to the door when I've knocked.

I hate to shoot a dog, but if one gets in a pasture it's dead. Now it'd have to slip through 7,000+ volts to get in there so it doesn't happen often. Once in, it only takes a minute to kill thousands of dollars worth of stock. ...but I think it's a bit different than what happened here.

LOL!

A co-worker would argue the value of cats.
His dog brought one of the neighbors cats home.
It was a $$$breeder. Thousands of $$.

Couple weeks later he repeated the trick.
More $$$
Dog got shot.......by his owner.

Said he couldn't afford to keep that dog in pussy.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

LOL!

A co-worker would argue the value of cats.
His dog brought one of the neighbors cats home.
It was a $$$breeder. Thousands of $$.

Couple weeks later he repeated the trick.
More $$$
Dog got shot.......by his owner.

Said he couldn't afford to keep that dog in pussy.

No matter how you read that it is funny.
People who let their animals run deserve everything that happens to them.
Have update:
Mom was a little confused[God love her], he was NOT a convicted felon. He was charged with three felonies[along with multiple misdemeanors].
Out on bail of $50K.
Upon his release, the judge basically added a restraint to both he and my stepfather to keep their distance from one another[not sure how that would work].
He[dog killer] is a retired Mechanical engineering professor from Virginia Tech.
Tells me all I needed to know.....

Apologies for the mis-information concerning prior felonies.
Have update:
Mom was a little confused[God love her], he was NOT a convicted felon. He was charged with three felonies[along with multiple misdemeanors].
Out on bail of $50K.
Upon his release, the judge basically added a restraint to both he and my stepfather to keep their distance from one another[not sure how that would work].
He[dog killer] is a retired Mechanical engineering professor from Virginia Tech.

Oh...I may be missing something here, how is a retired teacher an obvious problem.

In point of fact I do not recall too many retired teachers feeling the need to confront neighbours with firearms either.

This is very one sided, do you have a link to a more complete story?
Have update:
Out on bail of $50K.

Oh...I may be missing something here, how is a retired teacher an obvious problem.

In point of fact I do not recall too many retired teachers feeling the need to confront neighbours with firearms either.

The 'teaching profession' here has become filled with 100% liberal snowflakes, especially at the higher ed level.
I deal with these people daily[at VT] 9 out of 10 are educated idiots while all along assuring themselves that they are mentally superior in all facets of life to the poor masses.
I live on a farm and keep semi-feral cats to chase mice (otherwise we'd be covered up in mice). My nearest neighbor is miles away but on many occasions dogs have shown up here on their own or jumped out of someone's pickup who stopped here. They pee on everything they see and chase the cats ---- Annoying, but I'd never consider shooting one.

If I had livestock, however, it would be different. I've seen horses run thru fences while being chased by dogs --- sometimes Labs. One of my neighbors shotgunned 2 dogs (belonging to another neighbor) that were chasing his cows. The kids were upset, but nobody said a word about it. I don't keep my cats on my property, but if they were to get to a neighbors and start killing birds, I'd expect never to see them again.

The 'teaching profession' here has become filled with 100% liberal snowflakes, especially at the higher ed level.
I deal with these people daily[at VT] 9 out of 10 are educated idiots while all along assuring themselves that they are mentally superior in all facets of life to the poor masses.

Ok, I get that you have a bias toward educators but I believe you pointed out that he owned at least one firearm and lives out of town, so I for one wouldn't mind some info from another source.

Would your opinion be shared by your step-father by any chance?
Originally Posted by LarryfromBend
I live on a farm and keep semi-feral cats to chase mice (otherwise we'd be covered up in mice). My nearest neighbor is miles away but on many occasions dogs have shown up here on their own or jumped out of someone's pickup who stopped here. They pee on everything they see and chase the cats ---- Annoying, but I'd never consider shooting one.

If I had livestock, however, it would be different. I've seen horses run thru fences while being chased by dogs --- sometimes Labs. One of my neighbors shotgunned 2 dogs (belonging to another neighbor) that were chasing his cows. The kids were upset, but nobody said a word about it. I don't keep my cats on my property, but if they were to get to a neighbors and start killing birds, I'd expect never to see them again.

Very down-to-earth sensible stance, you are my sort of neighbour.
Thanks for the update Raeford! What a sucky situation, I hope the dog killer does some hard time.
Have update:
Out on bail of $50K.

Just a point, if I were council for the fellow I would most definitely be saving this thread.
I hope, for her sake, you take your time on the follow-up shots. smile

Unless he only has a single shot................. cry
"This is very one sided, do you have a link to a more complete story?"

Not real sure what you want here?
The man lives on a postage stamp lot in farm country, three lots down from the 'farm'.
Cats meander over to farm, dogs chase cats back home, and have most likely done it on multiple occasions.
Stepfather goes down road to retrieve dogs[and I never once said stepfather and his dogs weren't at any fault], man[owner of cats] confronts stepfather in public street and puts a pistol barrel in his face first, then proceeds to shoot both dogs at point blank range.Man[cat owner] is arrested, held in jail for 2 days and charged with multiple [felony] offenses. Stepfather is charged with nothing, zip, zero, zilch.

Did they have a history? Possible, I don't honestly know.
"This is very one sided, do you have a link to a more complete story?"

Not real sure what you want here?
The man lives on a postage stamp lot in farm country, three lots down from the 'farm'.
Cats meander over to farm, dogs chase cats back home, and have most likely done it on multiple occasions.
Stepfather goes down road to retrieve dogs[and I never once said stepfather and his dogs weren't at any fault], man[owner of cats] confronts stepfather in public street and puts a pistol barrel in his face first, then proceeds to shoot both dogs at point blank range.Man[cat owner] is arrested, held in jail for 2 days and charged with multiple [felony] offenses. Stepfather is charged with nothing, zip, zero, zilch.

Did they have a history? Possible, I don't honestly know.

I don't mean to cast aspersions, it just seems extremely odd that a retired teacher confronts someone with a firearm and then shoots his dogs.

The man could be a lunatic of the first order, or there could be more to the story.

Very pleased I am nowhere near them.
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Thanks for the update Raeford! What a sucky situation, I hope the dog killer does some hard time.

How about baby killers?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by NeBassman

How about baby killers?

Cool, why not introduce some obscure religious text as well.
It wouldnt do you any good. wink

Sorry, JS, but when we have folks who supported people like Zero who voted for late term abortions 3 times and said if a baby wasnt killed by the procedure and was viable it should be placed on a cold metal table in a room with the AC jacked up until it died.

You see no conflicts in those actions?

This^ ..... everyone thinks their little leg humper fido is gods gift to the neighborhood.
It wouldnt do you any good. wink

Sorry, JS, but when we have folks who supported people like Zero who voted for late term abortions 3 times and said if a baby wasnt killed by the procedure and was viable it should be placed on a cold metal table in a room with the AC jacked up until it died.

You see no conflicts in those actions?

Not sure how it impacts Raeford's thread.

but if they were to get to a neighbors and start killing birds, I'd expect never to see them again.
You f'ing crack me up....No really, you do.

"Ok, I get that you have a bias toward educators but I believe you pointed out that he owned at least one firearm and lives out of town, so I for one wouldn't mind some info from another source.

Would your opinion be shared by your step-father by any chance?"

My mother was a 30+ years educator[put 2 and 2 together there], my SIL has been an educator for 25+ years and one of my brothers has a PHD in, you guessed it..EDUCATION.
I don't have a bias towards anything, I deal with 'higher ed educators' on a daily basis due to my profession.
It is my opinion that the vast majority of professors at public universities in America are liberal pompous asses.that is JUST my opinion, but one that is based on working and dealing with them five days out of every week for 30 years.
The dogs chased the cat, I don't argue this[stepfather isn't either].
I'm done

I deal with these people daily[at VT] 9 out of 10 are educated idiots while all along assuring themselves that they are mentally superior in all facets of life to the poor masses

Note that I am not changing your post, it is how you posted it.
JSTUART,

I think you would better understand how American universities have become leftist indoctrination centers if you had more exposure to them.

The situation has become impossible to exaggerate.
JSTUART,

I think you would better understand how American universities have become leftist indoctrination centers if you had more exposure to them.

I begin to suspect that they are full of creatures like the greenies here, but generally those in trade associated posts have a slightly firmer grasp on reality.

I am just bored and being picky about accepting anything on face value as I know there is never any 'true' story, merely versions.

I live on a farm and keep semi-feral cats

I don't keep my cats on my property

Kingston, I am running out of time here as I shall have to go to bed soon, but please note that the Gentleman does say that he expects them to not return if they wander.

I currently have two cats wandering about my yard, one is from next door and the other is from God knows where, both continue to live as neither [bleep] in the sand below my kitchen window.
... one of my brothers has a PHD in, you guessed it..EDUCATION ...

You have my condolences. grin
Does Larry keep cats or does he not keep cats?

This Sienfeld'ish gem is getting filed away for use later.

Ahem.

Where did you read a cat was mauled?
He didn't read that. He stated the cat lover was a loose cannon who needed jail time. Mauling a child came up in his example describing what would rise to the level of a dog needing to be shot on his property.

Kingston, I am running out of time here as I shall have to go to bed soon, but please note that the Gentleman does say that he expects them to not return if they wander.

I currently have two cats wandering about my yard, one is from next door and the other is from God knows where, both continue to live as neither [bleep] in the sand below my kitchen window.

Hummm, so there is a God?
wink

Sorry, JS, but i couldnt help it. smile

I am just bored and being picky about accepting anything on face value as I know there is never any 'true' story, merely versions.

You justify the unsympathetic, insincere, and equivocal heckling of someone else's tragedy with boredom and truth seeking...

You're not who I thought you were.
As most on here know, I'm in the process of raising a Lab puppy who is now 10 months old. We also have way too many cats. (5) My Lab likes to chase anything that runs. Some of the cats run, some of them hump their back up and bat him in the face.

Anyway,...From what I can tell, generally, Labs aren't cat killers. They're just always looking for an opportunity to play, and chasing a cat or anything else that runs from them is a great game.

That's why I have no sympathy for the guy who killed 2 Labs because they chased his worthless fuggin' cats.

To tell you the truth, I'm done with cats. I wouldn't have any of them but they're my wife's "babies". Two of them are tolerable, but 2 others are batchit crazy and another one is death on furniture.

If somebody shot the 3 bad ones I'd buy 'em a fifth of Bookers and consider them a friend for life.

But seriously,...somebody shooting my Lab would take me to a very dark place in my mind. Just reading this thread can make me feel it.

I hope I never have to visit that place. It would mean trouble for me and the person who took me there.
I'm right there with you, Bristoe.

Can you imagine the restraint Marcus Lutrell used when he caught the POS's that shot his dog?

Marcus Luttrell, a highly decorated Navy Seal and author of “Lone Survivor,” is still hurting three years after the murder of his beloved Yellow Labrador, DASY, by a group of thugs in Texas.

Today, Luttrell has received some measure of closure, as two of the perpetrators who shot and killed his beloved companion have been sentenced to prison time.

Luttrell, a true American hero who was the lone survivor from his fire team after an insurgent attack in Afghanistan, took the stand Thursday in the “cruelty to non-livestock animals trial” of Alfonso Hernandez, one of the two accused in the case.

Hernandez was found guilty of a state felony by a Walker County jury.

Another suspect, Michael Edmonds, pleaded guilty to the same state charge two days prior and admitted he was the one who fired the shot that killed DASY.

The night of the killing in April of 2009, Luttrell said he “heard a single gunshot, grabbed his pistol and ran next door to his mother’s residence to check on her. He then made his way down to the roadway, crawled underneath a fence and saw DASY had been shot.”

“I saw my dog in a ditch and two men standing outside the car,” Luttrell said, with his new service dog by his side on the stand. “I could hear them laughing.”

Law enforcement officers eventually caught up to the car with Luttrell’s help.

“I wanted to take a shot at the driver, but I figured if I missed and shot out the back window, I would not be able to catch them,” he added.

DASY given to Luttrell by friends to help him cope with the emotional and physical injuries he sustained while fighting in both the Iraq and Afghanistan theaters as a Navy Seal. She was by his side in Texas for four years.

Her name is an acronym of the initials of Luttrell’s team members who were killed in the firefight he described in “Lone Survivor.”

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2011/1...ering-navy-seal-heros-beloved-companion/
no way to deal with any of this short of a modicum of common sense at every seat on the RoundTable.

growing up we had devout fox hunters in the community w/big $dogs. sometimes/often they'd get lost. after a few days they'd come wandering up, half starved looking for a quick meal. enter my grandma's yard type laying hens. they can't run fast, and the english fox hounds had a free meal. but, it could be a costly meal.

beyond that, coondogs running domestic cats up trees on a landowners property can provoke angry responses.

my mtn feist would chase neighbor cats to hell and back if they set a foot in "her" yard. afterall her name was *EL* for short.

and so it goes, a need for refrain, and rational discourse. but, alas, there's a shortage of that valuable commodity.
If somebody shot the 3 bad ones I'd buy 'em a fifth of Bookers and consider them a friend for life.

I could leave here in 20 minutes and be there in about 11 hours........But already know you gal is Russian......Much to dangerous for a 5th of Bookers.
By Ohio law, the dog owner is at fault. Dogs can not run free here. Leashed, or fenced, but controlled. Cats are not so restricted, because they are far less dangerous, and less destructive. Some dogs have further restrictions. Pittbulls and another breed of very strong jaw, are restricted in leash type, length, and no kids on the other end. Fences have minimum standards, and they must carry at least $1,000.00 insurance on each animal.
Cats? Nope. I'm trapping feral cats 2-3 times a week.
Originally Posted by kellory
By Ohio law, the dog owner is at fault. Dogs can not run free here. Leashed, or fenced, but controlled. Cats are not so restricted, because they are far less dangerous, and less destructive. Some dogs have further restrictions. Pittbulls and another breed of very strong jaw, are restricted in leash type, length, and no kids on the other end. Fences have minimum standards, and they must carry at least $1,000.00 insurance on each animal.

Read: Yankee sheithole
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Read: Yankee sheithole

It could be worse, it could be a southern sheithole.
All those Yankee pit bulls oughta be trucked south of the Mason Dixon and set free.
All those Yankee pit bulls oughta be trucked south of the Mason Dixon and set free.

Naw, you can't poison pit bulls, either.

You justify the unsympathetic, insincere, and equivocal heckling of someone else's tragedy with boredom and truth seeking...

On the other hand I am exactly who I think I am, and I am not inclined to accept a one-sided version of anything without verification.

Or do you really think someone that has spent his life cloistered in an education facility would confront another with a firearm without feeling threatened.

Mind you after seeing how a lot of posters here put their animals before everyone and everything else there is always the chance that the retired Professor was just as wacked out of his skull as those here that demand extraordinary access to privately owned lands without consideration of the rights and wishes of the property owners.

No damn different from the BLM crowd that demand everything for themselves with no consideration to others...just spoiled children with a me, me, me complex.

On the other hand I am exactly who I think I am, and I am not inclined to accept a one-sided version of anything without verification.

Or do you really think someone that has spent his life cloistered in an education facility would confront another with a firearm without feeling threatened.

Mind you after seeing how a lot of posters here put their animals before everyone and everything else there is always the chance that the retired Professor was just as wacked out of his skull as those here that demand extraordinary access to privately owned lands without consideration of the rights and wishes of the property owners.

No damn different from the BLM crowd that demand everything for themselves with no consideration to others...just spoiled children with a me, me, me complex.

Oh you're not going to be very popular today are you? shocked

Sad to say but a good bunch of the liberal thought process has made it into the conservative consciousness in America. I fear we are losing the war.

I agree with this, it is a matter of perspective. The cat guy pointing the pistol at the unarmed dog guy's face supersedes everything IMO and is why he should be in jail or committed to a nuthouse, which might prevent a future mass shooting. I also agree that many "animal people" are over the top and I also agree that people should not have to put up with their property being messed up by other people's animals. But none of that justifies pointing a pistol at someone's head, a call to the local animal control if nothing could be worked out between the two parties would be more like it.

For example back when I was a kid I had a bird dog that ran loose with the other dogs in the neighborhood. They got into one of the neighbor's chicken houses and killed some of his birds. My Dad got a call. He went over to the neighbor's house, apologized to him and either paid or offered to pay for his chickens. He told me I had to keep the dog confined from now on unless I wanted my ass beat. That is the way MEN handle stuff like that.

What makes you think they wouldn't? There's some bad people out there and their career choice has nothing to do with it.

Anyone who would put a pistol in somebody's face and then kill both of his Labrador Retrievers right in front of him is a dangerous, evil son-of-a-bitch.

For whatever reason, you seem to want to configure the event in a manner that allows justification.
I'd have shot him.

What makes you think they wouldn't? There's some bad people out there and their career choice has nothing to do with it.

Anyone who would put a pistol in somebody's face and then kill both of his Labrador Retrievers right in front of him is a dangerous, evil son-of-a-bitch.

For whatever reason, you seem to want to configure the event in a manner that allows justification.
Stuart's a borderline troll. Pay him no mind. A Mexican really has more of a useful opinion here than some Aussie. They live closer and in some cases, live here.

I would put the percentage of liberals teaching at Universities at 75-80% or so. I guess it depends on how conservative you are as to your definition of them. I'm pretty conservative.

I have not seen too much exaggeration by Raeford and tend to take his OP pretty close to face value even with the heatedness of the situation. Fireball is right, property rights and lines should be respected. OTOH, dogs and cats will roam despite the best efforts of owners. Dogs chasing livestock around here are dead if they get caught. Dogs chasing cats might be, but usually it's an SSS deal which works best for both sides, keeping the SSSer from getting shot by the enraged proxy property violator and the violatee from losing his mousers. The game changer here is the situation itself with the potential felon shooting the animals right in front of the owner after threatening the owner with a deadly weapon. As in most LE type situations, blame on both sides but more on one than the other. 10% blame to dog owner, 90% to head-[bleep] lib cat fancier. Decent LE types saw situation for what it was and acted accordingly.

We had a couple outdoor cats briefly. One the neighbor abandoned when he moved, and one was dropped off at our house. Both were starving and I couldn't allow that. We did give them away to someone that needed barn cats. One of them we called Boy Cat ended up riding around on their pony's back, they became great buddies. That was a win/win. Otherwise, no outdoor cats for us.

A feral cat that used to climb inside my convertible at night got planted in the driveway with a backhoe. I'm not thrilled to feel the need to do that, but it needed to be done. Cats roaming isn't a good thing if you ask me. Abandoned cats even worse. We have a family cat now, and yes it stays indoors. He's ok, but just not my cup of tea. I don't want an animal that craps in the house then tries to climb up on your countertops when you're not looking. Until we broke him of that I was ready to kill him. Overall, I just don't think much of cat's.

Our Jack Russell will chase things off the property, but if I'm the one watching her, I call her back and she minds. She doesn't mind the wife and will chase other dogs off our property back onto the neighbors.

With that said, I expect the neighbors have the right to shoot her. No I wouldn't be happy about it, but I believe your dogs should stay on your own property, and if you can't control them, all bets are off. Property rights trump pet rights.
Location matters for naught on a forum. A working mind is required, and the ability to read and write. An opinion is useful, but not required. If you only want "yes men" that think like you do and say what you say, join the liberal side. I value a well reasoned argument from an opponent more than a boot-licking yes man. I welcome any thinking mind, even if I disagree with it.
Location matters for naught on a forum. A working mind is required, and the ability to read and write. An opinion is useful, but not required. If you only want "yes men" that think like you do and say what you say, join the liberal side. I value a well reasoned argument from an opponent more than a boot-licking yes man. I welcome any thinking mind, even if I disagree with it.

Simply put;

Any man that won't stand up to you won't stand up for you.

Hummm, so there is a God?
wink

Sorry, JS, but i couldnt help it. smile

I think so, but I am not infallible.
the old lady has 4 cats all fixed, they seldom leave the yard, once in the while they might go next door but are most always on the front porch.
Any man that won't stand up to you, won't stand up for you.

Touché

Simply put;

Any man that won't stand up to you won't stand up for you.

Not bad. Succinct
Louisiana of all states has some pretty strict laws concerning dogs running at large. Simply put "No person shall suffer or permit any dog in his possession, or kept by him about his premises, to run at large on any unenclosed land, or trespass upon any enclosed or unenclosed lands of another." RS3:2773
RS3:2773D states "Any citizen or officer may kill any dangerous or vicious dog, and no citizen or officer shall be liable for damages or prosecution by reason of killing any dangerous or vicious dog."
This section of law by the way is in our agricultural section of statutes, but applies statewide and does not state that the person killing the dangerous or vicious dog has to be on his own property. The section was clearly designed to protect property (cats ?) from dogs. I think it goes without saying a dog attacking a human can be shot unless said human is himself threatening someone and the dog is acting to defend life or property.
Thought about this over the weekend[my having an agenda of sorts] and I suppose the fellow from down under has a point, I do have an agenda.
30 odd years ago, my wife and I had a Labrador Retriever[our first]. When he was maybe 2-1/2 he came up missing. We lived pretty deep in the woods on a private road off of a pig path type county road. We searched and searched for that dog. We had heard of some youngsters that had shot a cow[bow] off the side of the road a few miles away. Also that these boys had been seen dragging a dead dog[not ours] in town behind a truck. A school bus driver saw one of our flyers, called and said to check about a mile on down the road, "that he had seen what looked like a black dog over the bank".
I found the dog, arrow still in him, and he was 'drug' down the road!
The boys confessed, thought he was a bear or a raccoon, weren't sure......this while one rides in the bed of the truck with bow.
They also confessed to the cow and multiple other items similar.

So yeah, I hate a m'fer that will kill anyone's pet for no good reason.
I don't know what your laws are, but looking at it from a "what's right" viewpoint as opposed to "what's legal", overall your kin is still right and the running man is still wrong. The cats had no right to be in your yard. Dogs chased them back, in the process, having no right to be in his yard. That said, they posed no threat to human life and the implication is they posed no threat to the cats thus, there was no need to kill them. There was no need to brandish a pistol threatening your stepfather either. Your stepfather bears maybe 10% of the blame and that's being very generous to the neighbor.
Apparently, the sheriffs dept saw no wrongdoing on my S-fathers side.
The other guy, not so much.
3 felony and 2 misdemeanor charges, that with a $50K bond to get out of jail.
Pretty high bail/bond around here for a 'non-human' involved crime.

If I recall, you said that the guy was a convicted felon. A felon in possession of a gun will get him in trouble. But a felon possessing a gun and sticking it in somebody's face will get them in big trouble.

Shooting the dogs like he did is a big red flag, I'd think.

He probably was feeling like shooting your dad, but settled for the dogs.

I'm betting that's what the cops are thinking about it, too.

Problem here is you are making an assumption and using that assumption as a kernel to question the OP's post.

I don't know what happened. Doesn't impact me directly.

But I do know higher-ed and higher-ed types. Spent almost 7 years in college. Worked for universities for over 4 years after that and continue to engage with them on a professional level to this day. My wife has taught and worked for community colleges, colleges and universities for the better part of her entire professional career.

If you think simply because someone is a prof, or ass't prof, that they are sane and they wouldn't do something as described in the OP's post, you clearly have know knowledge of what you speak. Those employed by universities, particularly tenured profs and those that were employed long enough to retire are about as far removed from reality as any group of professionals I have ever dealt with. Wouildn't surprise me in the least for some retired prof to go off the dep end like this.
a man capable of putting a gun in your face and then shooting two dogs point blank shouldn't be upright.

If I recall, you said that the guy was a convicted felon. A felon in possession of a gun will get him in trouble. But a felon possessing a gun and sticking it in somebody's face will get them in big trouble.

Shooting the dogs like he did is a big red flag, I'd think.

He probably was feeling like shooting your dad, but settled for the dogs.

I'm betting that's what the cops are thinking about it, too.

I was given 'bad info' from my mother initially, he was 'charged' with felony level charges[3] over this.
I don't think you're understanding my meaning. When I say, "10%", that is next to nothing.

I don't know what the charges are, but it is human-involved when part of it is the potential felon pulling a gun on your stepfather, whether charged for that or not, you can rest assured LE took it into consideration.

Sounds about like that dude from Ohio that had fence issues... people these days are beyond stupid.

Of course i don't know that I could stop myself if you killed one of our dogs. I"d be in jail for something like manslaughter I"m sure... they are like our children.

Of course the cats had nothing to do with this, killing cats is as stupid as killing the dogs was....
© 24hourcampfire