Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kingston
Another convicted felon with a gun...

Don't those felons know it's against the law to possess a gun.......

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Anyone who doesnt realize its a good dogs duty to chase cats back home where they are safe is crazy.

Rae, if the nut shows up at home make sure pops has several fire detectors set in his house.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/09/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Solution- everyone keeps pets on their own property. Simple.

And that's a disturbing reply.

Why, is there something you don't understand about the concept of ownership?

No, I get the ownership concept. I don't get the reaction of the neighbor over dogs and cats. That is the issue here. Nothing else.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Letting your cats or dogs roam is THE recipe for conflict with your neighbors. I thought most here would get that, guess I was wrong on that.

Yep. Maybe a shouting match or a battle of wits. I have neighbors with problem dogs and it would never occur to me to draw my weapon, even if the idiot insulted my mother. Hell, even if one of them punched me, the weapon stays holstered. Now, he may walk with a limp for a while and even talk with a lisp; but, no gunfire is required or justified over an animal on the loose. Of course, that presupposes said animal is not in an attack mode.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 11/09/17.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Solution- everyone keeps pets on their own property. Simple.

And that's a disturbing reply.

Why, is there something you don't understand about the concept of ownership?

I want to live in your world someday where everything is perfect and nothing ever happens that isn't totally under my control

Montana MOFO
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Sorry to read this, I feel for your stepfather! 30 years ago my fathers good buddie, had coon hounds, one night hunting 4 of his oldest and best dogs chased a coon into a horse barn, the owner shot and killed all 4 dogs just as Clay and another guy got there to grab the dogs it took 3 men to hold my dads friend down he wanted to kill the guy that shot his dogs! it went to court the Horse owner had the right to protect his live stock. Clay told my dad he would one day Kill that man one day. this guy was an older fellow also a grade school Principal, not to long after, Clay got Cancer and died, they named the school after him! we all thought he would get the guy before he died, but he let it go!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
R
Raeford Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Letting your cats or dogs roam is THE recipe for conflict with your neighbors. I thought most here would get that, guess I was wrong on that.

Yep. Maybe a shouting match or a battle of wits. I have neighbors with problem dogs and it would never occur to me to draw my weapon, even if the idiot insulted my mother. Hell, even if one of them punched me, the weapon stays holstered. Now, he may walk with a limp for a while and even talk with a lisp; but, no gunfire is required or justified over an animal on the loose. Of course, that presupposes said animal is not in an attack mode.

Exactly.
Now I have a 81 YO mother with cancer terrified to be home alone and contemplating a gun purchase.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any word on charges?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Nope, I've been putting off making the call. Hate bothering mom too much.They held the guy from Tuesday evening until 11 or 12 this morning for a bail hearing.

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Raeford

Exactly.
Now I have a 81 YO mother with cancer terrified to be home alone and contemplating a gun purchase.

You don’t have one you could loan your mom?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Raeford

Exactly.

You don’t have one you could loan your mom?

I don't want mom handling a firearm to be honest. My stepfather has several[and CC permit] and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way.
Going over this evening and see how things are going and go from there.

FJB & FJT
S
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Felons should have the right to protect themselves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Besides never letting them outside, how in the fook do you keep a cat from roaming?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Besides never letting them outside, how in the fook do you keep a cat from roaming?

Conibear.....cage trap and a water trough.....foot hold and a 22 short.....just to name a few....

Last edited by FieldGrade; 11/09/17.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I thought that might be the case. I usually have some extras. 😉

Best of luck to you guys. If someone shot my 2 dogs at my feet I’d likely be talking to my attorney right now. I’m never not armed and I’ve never had to draw it on a human but that guy likely would’ve changed all that.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Conibear.....cage trap and a water trough.....foot hold and a 22 short.....just to name a few....

😉

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The last cat I owned, was @20 years ago, when I lived in LA. While in her own yard, 4 feral dogs dug there way into my fenced yard. By the time I could respond to the ruckus, unlock my Glenfield model 60, load and get into position, she had blooded 3 of them, but they tore her apart.
I shot 4, buried 1, left the rest for the scavengers.

Don't discount cat owner's.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Synt31
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Felons should have the right to protect themselves.

Felons lose rights because they became felons.

I do think that if a person has paid his debt to society and is deemed safe enough to release into he public by the justice system, them all rights should be restored. If that person is unsafe or unfit to release with full rights, then take him behind the barn and put a .22lr behind his ear, or put him back in the cell with the other animals.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Felons lose rights because they became felons.

I do think that if a person has paid his debt to society and is deemed safe enough to release into he public by the justice system, them all rights should be restored. If that person is unsafe or unfit to release with full rights, then take him behind the barn and put a .22lr behind his ear, or put him back in the cell with the other animals.

I agree, it's a bullshit law designed to chink away at gun rights. If someone is a danger to others with a gun than they are a danger with out one. Maybe this has been covered here before, I'm new.

What a sh*tty situation for the original poster and his family, though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Felons can still use black powder weapons, such as a BP revolver. They are not totally forbidden. Under some conditions, they can also recover that Right.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1minute, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 204guy, 54 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,894
Posts18,518,374
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.