Home
Posted By: Fireball2 Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Anyone else notice this place has turned into a real sheithole? Seems like a guy can't say anything but what there aren't ten guys ready to argue about it. Not anything like a face to face conversation, where the level of hostility displayed around here would be grounds for fisticuffs.

To prove my point, all I have to do is sit back.

-Pause-

There's a name for the dilemma you now face. Do you know it?

Do I respond like a troll and feed into the storyline, or not post at all? Only the most unyielding and determined trolls won't post, because they absolutely can't stand being outed. Funny thing that, outing a troll by forcing him into silence.

The rest? Oh God, no, I have to say something! A slam, I need a slam. A really good one. Let me think about this a while, come up with something really clever, a genuine put down. Maybe I could say something about his wife liking black cock, or that I f'd her a bunch of times.

Yeah, those are the people you invite back to deer camp, the one's with the most clever put downs. The real [bleep] that can't find anything nice to say to a stranger, and instead look for any perceived weakness to exploit. That's the kind of guy everyone loves to hang out with.
Posted By: centershot Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Kind of like that everywhere - have you watched the news lately? Everybody is wound up a little to tight lately.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
It's the internet, don't take things so personally...in the end it's all BS.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
I like eggs
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
You are reading too much into it Fireball, most are just mouthy when bored. Think of it as a schoolyard populated by adolescents and pimply faced cellar dwellers.

Probably not too far from actuality.

Added, but in compensation you get access to a very large group of disparate knowledge and experience with whom to converse, still the best game in town.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I like eggs

Your only play.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I like eggs

Your only play.

See, there's that VICTIM mentality that we all know and love. You know, just like your original post. My God, betwixt you and Tom264 you might make 1/2 a man.

Laffin
I like eggs

Your only play.

See, there's that VICTIM mentality that we all know and love. You know, just like your original post. My God, betwixt you and Tom264 you might make 1/2 a man.

Laffin

Thank you for never failing to disappoint. There'll be more along shortly. I could name them but I won't.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
I like eggs

Your only play.

See, you could have replied with: HOW
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Added, but in compensation you get access to a very large group of disparate knowledge and experience with whom to converse, still the best game in town.

Without civility, what good is it?
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17

Life sucks......then you die.

Without civility, what good is it?

I deal with a lot of very civil people that are arseholes out to fleece you of everything you have including your dignity.

I would rather yack with someone that can bullshit and shoot the breeze.
Least you guys have a clear purpose for your day now. I gotta go to work. Have fun.
After you SHIET on your wife, on the INTERNET, she posts under YOUR name and slams you back. After that, you once again PLAY the victim with'

'
My wife wrote this. Go figure. Wonder if she read the part where I said she was a great woman, but has some hurts? No. I doubt it'

Sweet Jesus dude, you where playing the victim, on the 'Fire with your own handle/wife, whateverthefugg. Simply amazing

Originally Posted by deflave
this is very entertaining, the wife left for a drive so she wouldn't say anything she regretted. Maybe the wife got tired of the husband complaining of him not being the center the attention, of her accent and her culture, and her parents (which by the way live half a world away and are rarely welcome to come visit) the wife works 10 and half hour days, drives two hours for work and still has to come home cook, clean and make sure she is in bed by eight 30 because her husband says he needs the sleep. yes also the other complain is that she wakes him up in the morning when she has to get up at 5 am to do it all over again. yes, also the three kids, yes she should be grateful that he took her in with three kids, especially when she solely supports them and has to attend every school event by herself because the husband is too stuck in the computer for hours on end visiting with his forum friends that do not care if lives or dies. bipolar, that was the last diagnoses for the second wife. respectfully a hard working woman that is fed up. thank you

You'll feel better if you let it all out.

Most therapists would tell you not to hold back at this point.

Dave

My wife wrote this. Go figure. Wonder if she read the part where I said she was a great woman, but has some hurts? No. I doubt it.

Originally Posted by SBTCO

Well you might, I intend to live forever.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17

Considering the critters you have crawling around the land of Oz, your plan has no guarantees.
Posted By: Tim_in_Nv Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
GOD is Good... laugh

Considering the critters you have crawling around the land of Oz, your plan has no guarantees.

No, most of the really mean ones are in Canberra, I am fairly safe here.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Anyone else notice this place has turned into a real sheithole? Seems like a guy can't say anything but what there aren't ten guys ready to argue about it. Not anything like a face to face conversation, where the level of hostility displayed around here would be grounds for fisticuffs.

-Pause-

Do I respond like a troll and feed into the storyline, or not post at all? Only the most unyielding and determined trolls won't post, because they absolutely can't stand being outed. Funny thing that, outing a troll by forcing him into silence.

The rest? Oh God, no, I have to say something! A slam, I need a slam. A really good one. Let me think about this a while, come up with something really clever, a genuine put down. Maybe I could say something about his wife liking black cock, or that I f'd her a bunch of times.

Yeah, those are the people you invite back to deer camp, the one's with the most clever put downs. The real [bleep] that can't find anything nice to say to a stranger, and instead look for any perceived weakness to exploit. That's the kind of guy everyone loves to hang out with.

Why isn't this in the deer hunting forum?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Anyone else notice this place has turned into a real sheithole?

Did you ever consider leaving? That would do a lot towards cleaning the place up...
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17

-Pause-

Says the man who butchers 99 Savage rifles and posts pictures of them on a collector's forum.
Originally Posted by ingwe

Did you ever consider leaving? That would do a lot towards cleaning the place up...

HOT DAMN, that was like seeing BC30cal swear!
I like eggs

Sunny side up, hard to beat!
Originally Posted by Raeford
I like eggs

Sunny side up, hard to beat!

Poached, preferably from someone else's henhouse.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Reminds me of a tamer sock puppet thread.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
i cant understand complaining about stupid chit.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Fireball2: I have only been around here for 14 1/2 years but the deterioration of civility here on, has been amazing over that time span!
I don't know why?
This diminishment of civility certainly does detract from this site - and makes it much less attractive to sportsmen.
Immature, snobbish, dishonest and smart-assed postings seems to be the rule of the day anymore, sadly!
Again, I don't know why?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
This reminds me of some of the 'Seahawks' threads. laugh
J/K
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Then you can't understand 99% of the posts on the 'fire I guess.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Fireball2: I have only been around here for 14 1/2 years but the deterioration of civility here on, has been amazing over that time span!
I don't know why?
This diminishment of civility certainly does detract from this site - and makes it much less attractive to sportsmen.
Immature, snobbish, dishonest and smart-assed postings seems to be the rule of the day anymore, sadly!
Again, I don't know why?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

That really felt personal VG.
I don't know why?
Again, I don't know why?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

If the 'poached' egg fits.... laugh
Originally Posted by Raeford
I don't know why?
Again, I don't know why?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

If the 'poached' egg fits.... laugh

laugh
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
What is in the water in OR?
Posted By: smokepole Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Anyone else notice this place has turned into a real sheithole? Seems like a guy can't say anything but what there aren't ten guys ready to argue about it.

It's also gotten very dramatic. For the internet.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Originally Posted by smokepole
Anyone else notice this place has turned into a real sheithole? Seems like a guy can't say anything but what there aren't ten guys ready to argue about it.

This. FWIW, Fireball, the Fire has always been a great place for all sorts of info, but it requires a thick skin at times. I wouldn't let it get to you, just enjoy the good stuff about the site which, in my opinion, far outweighs the bad.
Also, people here don't put up with a lot of drama, something you might keep in mind?

And that's saying something!

Couldn't agree more
Posted By: Calvin Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
I’m just curious. OP, what would you do if you couldn’t blog about every little thought and emotion that you have?
Posted By: kennyd Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
What bothers me is getting into personal vendettas having nothing to do with the OP.
Posted By: mog75 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Checked in hoping to see some T&A and this thread looked like the best candidate. All the good guys leave the fire?
Posted By: 700LH Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Da,mn , you guys are mean,,,,
laffin
Posted By: BLG Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Next thing you know... there will be some mundane post about not being able to open a box of bullets or something.

Clyde
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Everyone's mean to FB......the spiders are out to get him......the trolls are out to get him......hell, the internet in general is out to get him.
Please try to remember FB's the victim here......
But don't worry...if you do happen to forget he'll by by to remind you of it shortly.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Originally Posted by mog75
Checked in hoping to see some T&A and this thread looked like the best candidate. All the good guys leave the fire?

Let it get past page 5.....Then somebody will open that box of bullets.....
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Originally Posted by BLG
Next thing you know... there will be some mundane post about not being able to open a box of bullets or something.

Clyde

I accommodated your wish in my previous post.. smile
Posted By: BLG Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

I accommodated your wish in my previous post.. smile

Cool,,,, I wish I had some gold coins!!

Clyde
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

i don't give a chit what a fu-cktard liberal thinks.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Most of the members here are great folks: Civil, able to discuss without argument, and generally tolerant of mild ignorance.

But if you're the guy who seems driven to drop turds in the punchbowl, it might seem to be a den of vipers, yes. You get back what you bring to the party here. If you seem to catch a lot of chit here, it probably means you toss a lot.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
You gotta have your sears tough skins on to hang in the fire......

Perfect reply for this thread (and the 'fire in general). Never be civil if you can be rude, crude and/or just a plain ol'a$$hole
Posted By: mathman Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

Fluorwhine ?
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17
Black text on a white background.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Most of the members here are great folks: Civil, able to discuss without argument, and generally tolerant of mild ignorance.

But if you're the guy who seems driven to drop turds in the punchbowl, it might seem to be a den of vipers, yes. You get back what you bring to the party here. If you seem to catch a lot of chit here, it probably means you toss a lot.

Yep......ya get what ya give....
Posted By: 340boy Re: Den of Vipers - 11/17/17

I think that is spot-on.
I don't know much about and don't really follow the OPs posts, but it sounds as if he is a bit of a 'squeaky wheel.'

Perfect reply for this thread (and the 'fire in general). Never be civil if you can be rude, crude and/or just a plain ol'a$$hole

maybe i am, but i doubt you could find one post of me doing to make your case before today. i just find it pretty sad the way grown men whine like women.
Originally Posted by mathman

Fluorwhine ?

Snork......
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Fluorwhine ?

You win. Where's elkhunternm with the tiddies? Can we get on with the shake shake shake already? There'll be another OR victim thread tomorrow, Sunday at the latest.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
You do seem to throw low hanging curve balls.

So it is natural for folks to swing for the fences. laugh
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
[quote=stxhunter][quote=LeroyBeans][quote=stxhunter]i cant understand complaining about stupid chit.

maybe i am, but i doubt you could find one post of me doing to make your case before today. i just find it pretty sad the way grown men whine like women.

It all started when men stopped drinking liquor straight and started using "moisturizer" . Nothing creepier than a man with soft hands holding a drink with an umbrella.... or a retarded Oregonian.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

At least they aren't complaining about us "Canucks"
But I am sure Steelhead will now tell me how much he enjoys our women. shocked grin
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Rude, crude, arsehole, likes black cock, just a thinly disguised steelhead call out thread.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
You win. Fuque you.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Its not our fault.

It is hard to understand though. Dont men hang out with other men these days?

Try going to the Mint and complain that you were frightened by a spider......sheesh. Or maybe that your skinny jeans dont feel as comfy now that you got a Mani Pedi.
Originally Posted by Partsman

But I am sure Steelhead will now tell me how much he enjoys our women. shocked grin

Who doesn't like Canadians?

I find them to be very polite.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
i missed that wife hijack post. that had to have made for some uncomfortable dinner conversation. just curious, you still together?
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Ditto.......the few Canadians that I know are good folks.

Now that watered down crap they try to pass off as whisky.....that's another story.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

That would be Dwayne, he is polite to a fault. blush

He makes the rest of us "Canucks" look bad. laugh
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Yeah, that BC30cal guy is supposed to be Canadian....but I spent a couple of months in Montreal and they weren't like him.... I think he's faking it as a cyber-alter ego. The rest of us are really nice and just pretend to be aholes here.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

That would be Dwayne, he is polite to a fault. blush

He makes the rest of us "Canucks" look bad. laugh

Dwayne is a good guy, period. I've spoken with him on the phone a few times and he is just as personable there as he is here on the 'Fire.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Ditto.......the few Canadians that I know are good folks.

Now that watered down crap they try to pass off as whisky.....that's another story.

Took meeting a lot of Texans before I met some I liked. Took a lot of Canadians before I found some I didn't. (real life people not internet people)
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

If I were gay, I'd date a Canadian smile
Posted By: badger Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Me too.

So far, so good....................
Posted By: Paradiddle Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
I like eggs

One of the funniest skits from You Look Marvelous.
Posted By: Paulh Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
I like eggs

Green eggs?
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
You win. Fuque you.

With every post I continue to wonder what happened to you.................
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
You win. Fuque you.

With every post I continue to wonder what happened to you.................

Christianity, it appears.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

I thiink you may as well start dating Canadians.....
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

-Pause-

Agreed.

It's important that posters like you express themselves on a regular basis, forcing the forum to accept the thoughts which bring themselves to the apex of your thought process.

Whenever a thought makes its way into your consciousness, you should alert the forum by starting a new thread. It's vital that internet sites receive the benefit of what's in your head. Many more reserved posters are afraid of making others upset by posting the least little thing that could possibly be construed as a problem, but your bravery is an example to all that if *you* thought of it, it is obviously vital that the entire internet have the opportunity to experience it.

Hiding your vitally important feelings could lead to anxiety, depression, weight gain or discontent, so it's paramount that you be the leader in getting the content of your thoughts into everyone else's consciousness.

It's refreshing to realize that you recognize and accept that you are going to have feelings, and there is nothing wrong with that. I hope that you will continue your habit of letting the fire know that you have these feelings, which will allow the forum to grow with that experience.

Your incredibly important feelings are of course driven by your intelligence, and the fire must be trained to recognize that. Expressing those feelings will surely make your heart race, and no doubt you get a warm feeling seeing the reactions of the others exposed to your contributions.

It's an incredible benefit the fire receives, being the recipient of the range of emotions you regularly experience, and your insistence in passing them on for posterity.

Based on your past posts, it is obvious you experience multiple emotions all at once. It is very admirable that you have the ability to disentangle these emotions from each other and express each and every one of them in front of the fire, so everyone can process each one on its own.

I can see from the positive feedback in this very thread, that your sharing leads to positive and uplifting feedback from the entire forum. Certainly setting a standard that the rest of the posters here could only aspire to duplicate.

I can't help but bask in the glow of your leadership, knowing that I'd be the type of guy you'd love to hang out with.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paulh Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

-Pause-

There's a tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

-Pause-

Agreed.

It's important that posters like you express themselves on a regular basis, forcing the forum to accept the thoughts which bring themselves to the apex of your thought process.

Whenever a thought makes its way into your consciousness, you should alert the forum by starting a new thread. It's vital that internet sites receive the benefit of what's in your head. Many more reserved posters are afraid of making others upset by posting the least little thing that could possibly be construed as a problem, but your bravery is an example to all that if *you* thought of it, it is obviously vital that the entire internet have the opportunity to experience it.

Hiding your vitally important feelings could lead to anxiety, depression, weight gain or discontent, so it's paramount that you be the leader in getting the content of your thoughts into everyone else's consciousness.

It's refreshing to realize that you recognize and accept that you are going to have feelings, and there is nothing wrong with that. I hope that you will continue your habit of letting the fire know that you have these feelings, which will allow the forum to grow with that experience.

Your incredibly important feelings are of course driven by your intelligence, and the fire must be trained to recognize that. Expressing those feelings will surely make your heart race, and no doubt you get a warm feeling seeing the reactions of the others exposed to your contributions.

It's an incredible benefit the fire receives, being the recipient of the range of emotions you regularly experience, and your insistence in passing them on for posterity.

Based on your past posts, it is obvious you experience multiple emotions all at once. It is very admirable that you have the ability to disentangle these emotions from each other and express each and every one of them in front of the fire, so everyone can process each one on its own.

I can see from the positive feedback in this very thread, that your sharing leads to positive and uplifting feedback from the entire forum. Certainly setting a standard that the rest of the posters here could only aspire to duplicate.

I can't help but bask in the glow of your leadership, knowing that I'd be the type of guy you'd love to hang out with.

Holy sh** I'm dying over here.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Nothing creepier than a man with soft hands holding a drink with an umbrella.... or a retarded Oregonian.

What's the difference?

-Pause-

Agreed.

Holy sh** I'm dying over here.

No kidding... Hey RickBin- we need a 3,000 character limit for sig lines!!!

-Pause-

Agreed.

Couldn't he just PM you instead?

Lol,,,with a moniker like Smokepole, you're one to talk....I'll stick to the ladies thanks smile
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Its not our fault.

Try going to the Mint and complain that you were frightened by a spider......sheesh. Or maybe that your skinny jeans dont feel as comfy now that you got a Mani Pedi.

Or you almost shot a teenage punk for getting crazy at a stop sign....

Lol,,,with a moniker like Smokepole, you're one to talk....I'll stick to the ladies thanks smile

Moniker? WTF is a Moniker?
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Sheila that owns a blue dress and spits.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
I never understood how, when we have a bunch of low IQ brainwashed libs working to destroy us and the US, so called conservatives turn on and attack other conservative 2A supporting gun owners and hunters.

I sat on a hill once near the Cortez dump and just outside the national park boundary waiting for a monster muley to show. A feral or kicked out pack of dogs roamed the foothills below the park. Suddenly the starving pack turned on one of their own, killed and then devoured it, 600 yards in front of my green rubber armoured 8x30 Zeiss binoculars.

Sometimes the Fire has reminded me of that over the years, starting with the roasting of TRH.

I sometimes wonder if this psychological pathology is what is making the R party ineffective and is resulting in the loss of our country and something of which i often wonder if we richly deserve.

The fire is getting boring lately and its pretty easy to see why there are a lot of viewers and a dirth of posters.

The only difference i can see in that pack of starving dogs and we is that none of we is starving.
Thankfully......we have now met the five page threshold.

[Linked Image]
Who is getting attacked?

Picked on a bit maybe.....but I have seen no attack.
[Linked Image]
Now we’re talking . Thanks BallFire.
Who is getting attacked?

Picked on a bit maybe.....but I have seen no attack.

JS, i guess it was just in my drugged up brain that i imagined Fireball saying he wanted to make the old widow suffer rather than stomp it and then several posters reply as to why he didnt just stomp it. Were they too stupid to not even read the thread before trying to show what a high iq they have by trying to suggest he was too stupid to stomp it?
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Now we’re talking . Thanks BallFire.

Youre welcome pal. Sorry if i made you feel i was trying to ruin your big Friday night fun bowl. I didnt mean too. Keep on chomping. It feels good.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
All these problems would go away if we had a safe space on the Campfire....a forum where anyone could go and express their innermost feelings (even post about their.270’s ) and no mean talk was allowed. That’s what we need.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

[Linked Image]

BTW, what’s .223 AI mean?
That would be good. I plan on using my .270 tomorrow to kill a deer.

I was concerned that I would not be able to properly tell the story, what without being viciously attacked.
Posted By: EdM Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

They may not know Sheila... wink
So, almost having a big black widow gnaw on your armpit wouldnt bother you, or you are just so much of a real man you wouldnt tell of it on the Fire?

Sorry, i just remarked that to me it was strange for birds of a feather to turn on one another. Evidently you perceive such to be fine and normal. Fine, have it your way. I wont denigrate you for that, but if it makes you feel tough, have at it.
Its not our fault.

Or you almost shot a teenage punk for getting crazy at a stop sign....

.38 Super on the passenger seat for the win!!!
Uh, no. I would not tell folks I was scared by a spider.....even if it was scary.

I have seen no evidence of "turning" on one another. I do see evidence of the fellas giving each other chit.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I never understood how, when we have a bunch of low IQ brainwashed libs working to destroy us and the US, so called conservatives turn on and attack other conservative 2A supporting gun owners and hunters.

I'll be honest, like usual. There's three posters that immediately come to mind when I think of the 'fire and the state of OR. Two are constant victims and carry on about it here. The other one is a raging liberal homo who can't open a box of bullets. But the raging liberal homo isn't a victim and doesn't share his every thought and bowel movement here. Just my $0.02. In other words- this thread would not exist if it hadn't been started. Capisce?
So, almost having a big black widow gnaw on your armpit wouldnt bother you, or you are just so much of a real man you wouldnt tell of it on the Fire?

Sorry, i just remarked that to me it was strange for birds of a feather to turn on one another. Evidently you perceive such to be fine and normal. Fine, have it your way. I wont denigrate you for that, but if it makes you feel tough, have at it.

This isn't about a spider.

Posted By: mog75 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

[Linked Image]

+1
That would be good. I plan on using my .270 tomorrow to kill a deer.

I was concerned that I would not be able to properly tell the story, what without being viciously attacked.

Are you planning to shoot it, or spray the deer with Four chemicals and wait ten minutes for it to die ?...that will dictate the viciousness of my response to your story smile
How did they get those undies pushed over juuuuuuust enough for that shot?

Job well done I say.
How did they get those undies pushed over juuuuuuust enough for that shot?

Job well done I say.

There's a guy, somewhere, that gets paid to do just that very thing.

If they'd post the course of study the guy took, every college in the US'd be maxed out in that major.

This isn't about a spider.

That's hilariously funny Fish...and that guy out kicked his punt coverage.
Ha, ha, ha, Bigfish, but if he hadnt brought the thread, i would not know of crazy suckers working in water boxes, getting them on him, driving down the road and having one crawl across his face.....ahhhhhchitt. Color me fired from that crap. Im a wimp. I dont go snakes, spiders, asps, stinging caterpillars, etc.and i have caught and driven 30 miles home with a rattlers neck pinched in one hand to snake train a pointer pup with. Your fingers start getting numb after 20 min or so.
I guess it doesnt help i almost lost a foot and ankle to a brown recluse bite years ago and treated an old woman with steroid eye gtts of and on for many years to save her left eyr after she had been nailed by one on the upper brow.
Ha, ha, ha, Bigfish, but if he hadnt brought the thread, i would not know of crazy suckers working in water boxes, getting them on him, driving down the road and having one crawl across his face.....ahhhhhchitt. Color me fired from that crap. Im a wimp. I dont go snakes, spiders, asps, stinging caterpillars, etc.and i have caught and driven 30 miles home with a rattlers neck pinched in one hand to snake train a pointer pup with. Your fingers start getting numb after 20 min or so.
I guess it doesnt help i almost lost a foot and ankle to a brown recluse bite years ago and treated an old woman with steroid eye gtts of and on for many years to save her left eyr after she had been nailed by one on the upper brow.

I've stated here before. When I was maybe 8yo, playing outside in summer, I was running between the house and the bushes in front of the house. Stepped in a mud wasp nest. Went right up my shorts and t-shirt. Stung dozens of times. I learned what a triple dose of Benadryl and ice baths were that day. And to this day, if it flies it dies. But I don't start a thread here every time I kill a damn wasp. And I don't do it like a pansy. I take off my size 15 right shoe and kill that fugcker dead on the first try. Don't need a half dead, twice pissed off insect trying to get me. If it flies, it dies. But I don't post threads about it.

I've stated here before. When I was maybe 8yo, playing outside in summer, I was running between the house and the bushes in front of the house. Stepped in a mud wasp nest. Went right up my shorts and t-shirt. Stung dozens of times. I learned what a triple dose of Benadryl and ice baths were that day. And to this day, if it flies it dies. But I don't start a thread here every time I kill a damn wasp. And I don't do it like a pansy. I take off my size 15 right shoe and kill that fugcker dead on the first try. Don't need a half dead, twice pissed off insect trying to get me. If it flies, it dies. But I don't post threads about it.

Me either.
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
I have to say something! A slam, I need a slam.

I've been here for 14 years. I've been called everything in the book and some stuff that
prolly ain't in the book. I've stepped away from this place a few times and returned when
I thought the coast was clear. Only to have my ass handed to me.
If you think that you are so special that you need the Campfire to reset,just for you,well...
You probably need to leave.
This little call-out/temper tantrum ain't gonna do you any good so. Adios...
This is what's wrong with America.

Lots of nice people are sheep and won't stand up for themselves. The spoils go to the few that bother to fight while the rest keep quiet and don't make waves. It's pathetic.

Me neither Bigfish. But im astounded to hear of your near death experience at this time. Dayom. Praise be to the Lord (AFAIC) you survived that. This place would be a whole hell of a lot less without your input here for sure. I am truly happy you survived that and am sorry to hear you went through it.
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I have to say something! A slam, I need a slam.

I've been here for 14 years. I've been called everything in the book and some stuff that
prolly ain't in the book. I've stepped away from this place a few times and returned when
I thought the coast was clear. Only to have my ass handed to me.
If you think that you are so special that you need the Campfire to reset,just for you,well...
You probably need to leave.
This little call-out/temper tantrum ain't gonna do you any good so. Adios...

BBart, i met you of course at the lake. Glad to see you back on the Fire. I hope you are still doing well. Didnt know why/what caused you to disappear. Hope to see you back at the lake sometime, Bart.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Lots of nice people are sheep and won't stand up for themselves. The spoils go to the few that bother to fight while the rest keep quiet and don't make waves. It's pathetic.

Pretty much sums up humanity from the beginning of time.

Preach it, brother.
Me neither Bigfish. But im astounded to hear of your near death experience at this time. Dayom. Praise be to the Lord (AFAIC) you survived that. This place would be a whole hell of a lot less without your input here for sure. I am truly happy you survived that and am sorry to hear you went through it.

Well thankfully I'm not allergic. And that I was young enough to not remember most of it.

Sometime remind you to tell the bear-bee story. It's like the "bear-jew" story in "Inglorious Basterds."

HINT: There's no real bear.

Preach it, brother.

PTL

Amen,
David AKA Dave

Well thankfully I'm not allergic. And that I was young enough to not remember most of it.

Sometime remind you to tell the bear-bee story. It's like the "bear-jew" story in "Inglorious Basterds."

Come on BF, give. We'er waiting now. Please?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
It's my firm belief that much of the incivility on here stems from intolerance.

Intolerance to dumb ass $hit that is sometimes posted, and the intolerance to the inability to reach through the screen and choke the snot out of someone who desperately needs it.

This is of course a general reference and not directed toward any individual nor their sockpuppet.
Well, i was going to go to the phone store and try to post some pics with tech help but fuggit.
Son and i were driving down an old pipeline to the Pecos last weekend when i saw a 4 foot rattler hauling tail just ahead and to the left.

Now had that rattler heard, seen or felt us approach. Thats the second time in my life i have ever seen that. Anyone else ever see that. It was whipping back and forth and hauling ass.

Ground was soft from rain but i pulled left on it and hit the brakes as i was too close to stop before being on it. I let up on the brake and pulked a bit ahead so son wouldnt get out on it in case it wasnt hurt. He got out and fired somewhere behind the truck so i got out. Of course Babe bailed out as i exited and headed for son to go get quail. The rattler coiled just a bit behind truk. It had evidently struck and hung up under the truck and came with us a bit. A few pellets hit its head as it was hauling for the brush so it wasnt fully operational i guess but was coiled with neck up and head down. Im hollering at Babe to get back and she looking at me wondering wtf is wrong with me as she is headed for the snake and watching me. I jump ahead of her but still well to the side and reach and bump her back from it with the tip of the Baretta barrel just as shes about to be on it.

Dayom. Talk about gettting my nerves messed up for a bit.

Of couse, she was miffed at me a bit for being a no good pos but i found us a covey of blues a bit later and and she forgave me for it.

PTL.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Intolerance to dumb ass $hit that is sometimes posted, and the intolerance to the inability to reach through the screen and choke the snot out of someone who desperately needs it..

I concur......
Yeah, i guess yall are right. I just wanted to stomp the ever lovin dog chitt outta firebal after that fugged up bleck wideer story. I wasted time i coulda been bouncing on the wife.

Preach it, brother.

Where's Jim and Tammy Faye when you need 'em?

Intolerance to dumb ass $hit that is sometimes posted, and the intolerance to the inability to reach through the screen and choke the snot out of someone who desperately needs it.

This is of course a general reference and not directed toward any individual nor their sockpuppet.

Well okay then, but I thiiink someone has taken too much whey powder today!

Preach it, brother.

Keeping Hillary's toilet seat warm?

The spoils go to the few that bother to fight

And............?
Yeah, i guess yall are right. I just wanted to stomp the ever lovin dog chitt outta firebal after that fugged up bleck wideer story. I wasted time i coulda been bouncing on the wife.

This is my favorite post on 24HCF of 2017.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Jamaican for [bleep].

Preach it, brother.

He's south of Branson running some sort of Christian-Survivalist compound from what I've heard. I actually passed by him in the Springfield Bass Pro a few years back.

lmao
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

BBart, i met you of course at the lake. Glad to see you back on the Fire. I hope you are still doing well. Didnt know why/what caused you to disappear. Hope to see you back at the lake sometime, Bart.

I beat feet because of sanctimonious turds like the dickhead that started this thread. I guess I had enough.
We had a good time at Doc's place.
I've had some great hunts with folks from the Campfire. Hunting with rattler and popping that pig at a full run and
having to gut that nasty bastard, even though I wasn't gonna take any of that piggy home with me.
Cooking at the 700 Springs Ranch, when the pressure was on...
I can remember making the best potato salad ever at Pat's buddy's place near Garner State Park and Oke's wife,Terry, helping me remember folks I knew,after my wreck and I had no clue who they they were.
The Campfire has been a big part of my life for a long time. And then... Den of Vipers...Gimme a fugg'n break...
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

I beat feet because of sanctimonious turds like the dickhead that started this thread. I guess I had enough.
We had a good time at Doc's place.
I've had some great hunts with folks from the Campfire. Hunting with rattler and popping that pig at a full run and
having to gut that nasty bastard, even though I wasn't gonna take any of that piggy home with me.
Cooking at the 700 Springs Ranch, when the pressure was on...
I can remember making the best potato salad ever at Pat's buddy's place near Garner State Park and Oke's wife,Terry, helping me remember folks I knew,after my wreck and I had no clue who they they were.
The Campfire has been a big part of my life for a long time. And then... Den of Vipers...Gimme a fugg'n break...
I gotta admit that sanctimonious turds calling the 'fire "the freakshow" doesn't set well with me. If a poster doesn't like the place, don't come here. It really is that simple. I kinda prefer "Den of Vipers" if I have to choose between the two "monikers".
Posted By: ingwe Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Do we need to be passing some of these out???

[Linked Image]
Posted By: achadwick Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Thanks for the chuckles, JSTUART. Very well played!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Captain Fireballs. It just gets better and better with every post you make.

It could be his wife, is her name Firepuzzy ?
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
You win. Fuque you.

Not that I have a dog in this hunt, but isn't this the very behavior you were bitching about in the original post of this thread? Perhaps you would benefit from some professional help.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
You win. Fuque you.

Not that I have a dog in this hunt, but isn't this the very behavior you were bitching about in the original post of this thread? Perhaps you would benefit from some professional help.

Or killing the same spider eight times.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
As I posted several pages ago, punchbowl turd tossers have to expect a return volley of chit.
Yesterday I had lunch in a small cafe in Applegate, Oregon. They had a TV running up in the corner, tuned to CNN. Conservatives on the campfire bash CNN for it's lopsided reporting and outright lies and agenda driven programming, for good reason, that's what they do. I watched as they spent 45 minutes trashing and discrediting Trump, still stuck on the Russian probe, cracks in his armor, sexual scandal of Roy Moore and how that makes Trump look bad, blah blah blah. It was blatant and frankly embarrassing to CNN.

We all talk about the insanity of the left and their mental illness, but I see conservatives here on the campfire using the EXACT same smear tactics. Shout down your detractors, overwhelm them with screaming and insults, dog-piling until the preferred storyline is all that's heard. Marginalize your oppositions views if you can, but if not, go straight to personal attacks. Can't argue the merits of the point, let's tear up the opposition with insults.

Are people that do it blind to the fact that they do it, or are they predatory, pushing an agenda by shouting down and marginalizing their opposition? To me it's a fricken sickness of the mind, a complete lack of objectivity to the truth. I consider that type of thing one manifestation of basic evil that devalues people in favor of an agenda. Not surprisingly, the agenda itself devalues people so the tactics used to achieve it do too.

When I read the people on here that revel in attacking other people I ask myself, why do they need to do it? Civility and friendliness used to be a valued trait in a man, a preferred trait, so why the attacks between conservatives that should be allies? What does that person need that it's consuming them to the point they must deride someone else to get what they need? I'll leave that to each man to figure out for himself. I just see it as unhealthy and sick.

This thread proves exactly what I said at first, which is this place has turned into a haven for lunatics and sociopaths, predatory people that have finally found a safe place where the sheep don't bother to fight back. Where they can kick people around with impunity.

Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of the withering heat, so they lurk in the shadows, tiptoeing from thread to thread until they find one the jerkoffs haven't ruined yet, quietly inputing a little, hoping not to draw any unwanted attention. All the good people are pushed into the background while the culls that would have their teeth knocked out in a face to face conversation are running wild like angry children screaming at anyone in their way. They lack civility and discipline, running their mouth thru the keyboard fueled by alcohol and a lack of discernment.

But of course, it's all about what an [bleep] I am.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Once again, you started by calling folks a [bleep], and are amazed when you get return fire. Balls.
Seriously dude, you should seek some help.

I say this with genuine concern. It is not a slur.

Greg, you've been coming at me for a while now. Have I returned fire? No I have not. I choose to overlook the comments you have made towards me. This thread was not about me, it was about the tone of the campfire. The trolls made it about me when all they can contribute is personal attacks.
Once again, you started by calling folks a [bleep], and are amazed when you get return fire. Balls.

Excuse me? Did you read what I wrote? Who did I attack specifically?
Posted By: HawkI Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Originally Posted by ingwe

This is why you are the PooBah...
[Linked Image]

This is all an elaborate scam right?

No way this is a real thing.......right? He has to be taking the piss.......RIGHT??????

Greg, you've been coming at me for a while now. Have I returned fire? No I have not. I choose to overlook the comments you have made towards me. This htread was not about me, it was aobut the tone of the campfire. The trolls made it about me when all they can contribute is personal attacks.

I was once on a money forum. Most of the posters there really got under my skin. Know what I did to remedy that? I left the forum. (Actually, I got banned for life from the forum, but still I'm gone.)

My point is, don't let stuff you read on an internet forum bother you. If you can't do that, walk away.

As far as me coming after you, you may be taking what I say the wrong way. I did ask you in a pm if accusations posted about you on here were true, and you never gave me an answer. That wasn't coming after you, That was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I'd prefer someone ask me straight up about something troubling them rather than believe something that may not be true.

In this thread, I only tried to point out the fact you were doing the same thing you accused others of doing.

There may be other instances, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

I hope you get your troubles worked out.
Jim, just more cuteness and no content. How about addressing why the campfire MO is to attack and devour it's own? How about really dealing with the incivility that goes on here? How about it Jim? Why do you personally feel the need to add to the insults rather than deal with the topic of incivility between like-minded conservatives?

My point is, don't let stuff you read on an internet forum bother you. If you can't do that, walk away.

So what you're really saying is you like it when someone says to you "Your wife likes to take it in the ass" and you prefer that over civility.
How about really dealing with the incivility that goes on here? How about it Jim?

You win. Fuque you.

Ironic, ain't it?
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Since everybody seems to be gathered in this thread at the moment, can somebody give me an opinion on a good woodchipper?

I made a thread asking about 'em a few days ago and didn't get much response.
How about really dealing with the incivility that goes on here? How about it Jim?

You win. Fuque you.

Ironic, ain't it?

Learn to discern between initiation and reaction.

There is a small but vocal group of people here that initiate, and there is a very very small group here that responds. Most won't.

This thread was not about me, it was about the tone of the campfire. The trolls made it about me when all they can contribute is personal attacks.

It is about you, the Fire is here your your personal call out for emotional attention. In reality you started the thread hoping other members would bash the chiit out of your attackers, thus being the same POS troll you complain about on CNN.

You need to find a constructive outlet for your confusion and loneliness, I'd start with family and church...you "preach" a good game of BS religion, but make no effort to live that way. You're a typical internet troll hoping to find satisfaction in forum friends, while causing havoc and sicourse in your own home...so I agree 100% with your below statement:

Why are you here ?, what are you looking for ?, do you really think it will be fulfilled here ?, do you value internet friends over reality and substance ?...your family is in the other room, move on with your life.

And now is where your real self exposes itself, insults from you and ridiculous claims to justify your stance....all hoping for conversation and interaction, as long as we agree with you.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Since everybody seems to be gathered in this thread at the moment, can somebody give me an opinion on a good woodchipper?

I made a thread asking about 'em a few days ago and didn't get much response.

Bristoe, I worked for a tree service summers in HS. I ran a chipper a lot, it's nasty work. If it was me and I had a place where I could pile up brush and store it for a while I'd just make a deal with a local tree service and have them come do it every now and then. Probably much cheaper than buying a decent one.

You win. Fuque you.

Ironic, ain't it?

There is a small but vocal group of people here that initiate, and there is a very very small group here that responds. Most won't.

I'd rather be able to recognize bullsh** when I see it, and I see it here.

Learn to recognize the fact that you can't bemoan "incivility" on one hand, and then turn around and say "fuque youi," no matter what your excuse is.
What bloody incivility? So you got teased a bit? BFD man.

The whole "like minded conservatives" tactic is a interesting one though. There seem to be sub categories of "like-mindedness".

Why the attacks on conservative, gun toting atheists? Some of those arguments get pretty nasty.

God forbid a conservative, gun toting gay dude would try and join the forum. Would you "oppressed" lot be civil to a conservative, gun toting Muslim?

BS.
I've got about a quarter acre of river cane about 18' tall,......not counting almost as much honeysuckle.

Cutting and chipping is going to be a major element of my life from here on out just to keep it from getting totally out of hand.

So what you're really saying is you like it when someone says to you "Your wife likes to take it in the ass" and you prefer that over civility.

No. I'm saying it doesn't really bother me. I don't believe you've ever heard me say anything like that anyway.
How about conservative knife owners/sellers?

More Bitching
I've got about a quarter acre of river cane about 18' tall,......not counting almost as much honeysuckle.

Cutting and chipping is going to be a major element of my life from here on out just to keep it from getting totally out of hand.

If you are going to buy one.......buy the biggest, meanest chipper your budget will suffer.

Those little tin jobs with a 5 horse Briggs will not chip faster than river can will grow.

For about $100 I can have a guy show up here with a small bulldozer and take care of something like that in no time. Not nearly as enjoyable as spending $1500 on a wood chipper, but much better allocation of money.

YMMV

If you are going to buy one.......buy the biggest, meanest chipper your budget will suffer.

Those little tin jobs with a 5 horse Briggs will not chip faster than river can will grow.

Yeah,....I'm looking at 10 HP and up models.
For the record, I still think you are taking the piss.

For about $100 I can have a guy show up here with a small bulldozer and take care of something like that in no time. Not nearly as enjoyable as spending $1500 on a wood chipper, but much better allocation of money.

YMMV

Yeah,...but then I'd have a moonscape there,...*and* a dozer pile to deal with.

I want to keep my acre of scrub timber, I just don't want it to turn into 5 acres.

A call for simple civility is completely lost on this crowd. They can't help but make it personal.

The truth is, I left once before for exactly the same reason, but it's even worse now than it was then. I came back for the Savage Collectors forum and the few good threads that enrich a persons life. Where else can a person get Bristoe but on the campfire? smile Sadly, those threads are fewer and fewer, while personal insults and attacks are more and more. I get insulted daily and normally choose to ignore it. The point is, it's not about me, that's a false argument. It's about the campfire.

I still post on my hunts, or other this and that's, as do others. I try to contribute on blacktail deer, bear hunting, and Savages. normally with photos and a storyline for fun reading. Plenty of back and forth on the Savage forum and I've taken some good-hearted ribbing and even some vitriol for my Savage project rifles. Greg just slammed me above for it in fact. So what, that's not what I'm talking about. Those are what makes the campfire enjoyable, and that's why I'm here, same as most others.

But ask yourself if the people that spend an inordinate amount of time attacking other people are here for the same reason. Let me know what you come up with.

That won't be as bad as chipping tree limbs, especially dead wood.

YMMV

He'd better live next door, not many machine operators are loading a machine on a trailer, hauling it down the road, off loading it...much less starting the machine/fuel usage, and running it for $100 ?

Here it's a minimum $400 charge, unless you have a friend with a machine...then it's $600 + free lunch and beer.

YMMV

I want to keep my acre of scrub timber, I just don't want it to turn into 5 acres.

No, not at all.

I love you, but you're that city guy that moves to the country and all the locals say 'WTF is that dude doing now', whilst shaking their heads

That won't be as bad as chipping tree limbs, especially dead wood.

No,...as far as chipping goes, it's not going to be one of the tougher jobs.

I worked on the road dept back when I was fresh out of high school. They had some of those monster chippers for chipping up roadside clearing.

Chucking logs into one of them things all day was bad duty.
Bristoe, I cant remember.....do you have a little tractor with a PTO?

Over the years we have had good luck with DR brand products. They have a line of chippers.

There are also used machines that Tree Service companies use. Often times the used models can be had for under 3 grand...if its old and small.

But ask yourself if the people that spend an inordinate amount of time attacking other people are here for the same reason. Let me know what you come up with.

Ask yourself why that matters so much to you.

YMMV

He'd better live next door, not many machine operators are loading a machine on a trailer, hauling it down the road, off loading it...much less starting the machine/fuel usage, and running it for $100 ?

Here it's a minimum $400 charge, unless you have a friend with a machine...then it's $600 + free lunch and beer.

He does, about 2 miles. I had 2 houses on my property when we bought it. The other house was about 750 square feet. I paid $800 for that to be torn down with an escavator, then loaded into a dumb truck and hauled off. It took about 5 trips with his truck to haul it all off.

YMMV

No, not at all.

I love you, but you're that city guy that moves to the country and all the locals say 'WTF is that dude doing now', whilst shaking their heads

Nah. My neighbors know I'm a good guy already. None of them have dozer piles on their property either. They understand why someone wouldn't want a dozer to come flogging through a pristine piece of Bluegrass horse country.
Ok, sounds like you got it all figured out.
Bristoe, I cant remember.....do you have a little tractor with a PTO?

No,...I'd sure like to, but the budget is fairly strained at the moment.

A call for simple civility is completely lost on this crowd. They can't help but make it personal.

This after you tell other members "fugg you", and threw insults also...but you'll quip with a justified defending myself. You can't make rules that only apply to you, actually you can't even make rules here.

You're searching for something you won't find here, you're playing the victim when you deserved the penalty.
Can you rent a chipper?
I'll be honest.

I'm here to bask in the glory of the constantly butt-hurt.

The truth is, I left once before for exactly the same reason, but it's even worse now than it was then. I came back for the Savage Collectors forum and the few good threads that enrich a persons life. Where else can a person get Bristoe but on the campfire? smile Sadly, those threads are fewer and fewer, while personal insults and attacks are more and more. I get insulted daily and normally choose to ignore it. The point is, it's not about me, that's a false argument. It's about the campfire.

I still post on my hunts, or other this and that's, as do others. I try to contribute on blacktail deer, bear hunting, and Savages. normally with photos and a storyline for fun reading. Plenty of back and forth on the Savage forum and I've taken some good-hearted ribbing and even some vitriol for my Savage project rifles. Greg just slammed me above for it in fact. So what, that's not what I'm talking about. Those are what makes the campfire enjoyable, and that's why I'm here, same as most others.

You mean like your 'Enough to choke a horse' knives thread in the Classifieds and then you play the victim after being called a bitch? That kind of civility?

You are one CRAZY CHICK
Can you rent a chipper?

Probably,....but I'd have to rent it from here on.

Jim I don't know you from Adam, and have zero reason to either like or dislike you. You are neutral to me, a blank slate. We could be great friends or maybe not, point is I don't know but you and every other person I meet gets a fair chance. I believe any man deserves to be respected until he proves he doesn't deserve it. (I'll admit I struggle with hippies and drug abusers! I'm not perfect.)

In my book, someone that doesn't deserve respect is usually one that habitually preys on others. Some here deserve to be scorned for the way they treat people. You don't strike me that way at all.
Scott, go ahead and tell me how my mom should have let me run down her leg. Why hold back?
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

You win. Fuque you.

Ironic, ain't it?

Who initiated this thread?
Can you rent a chipper?

I guess I ain't understanding? You want the river cane gone for good or do you want to let it grow and continually chip it?

I'd have that shiet bulldozed the fugg out of there and back fill a little. Of course if your goal is to continually chip, then I'd get a chipper.
Scott, go ahead and tell me how my mom should have let me run down her leg. Why hold back?

I've yet to meet a chick that is as passive-aggressive as you. Impressive really.

Jim I don't know you from Adam, and have zero reason to either like or dislike you. You are neutral to me, a blank slate. We could be great friends or maybe not, point is I don't know but you and every other person I meet gets a fair chance. I believe any man deserves to be respected until he proves he doesn't deserve it. (I'll admit I struggle with hippies and drug abusers! I'm not perfect.)

In my book, someone that doesn't deserve respect is usually one that habitually preys on others. Some here deserve to be scorned for the way they treat people. You don't strike me that way at all.

Passive-aggressive bitch talk, AGAIN.
Originally Posted by NH K9

You win. Fuque you.

Ironic, ain't it?

Who initiated this thread?

This thread was a "reaction", not an initiation....I think......
Well, I dont have anything against you either FireBall.

We see things a bit differently I guess.

Up here on the arid plains we give each other a terrible ration of schit. Maybe its different in other places.

We are only polite and courteous to the people we dont like.....or dont know that well.

Ask yourself why that matters so much to you.

That's easy. Because it's unnecessary and creates dissension, turmoil, anxiety, et all, needlessly. It serves only to divide and create trouble and is completely avoidable.

Life is difficult, the campfire is a pastime, a pleasure if you will, it should be more pleasant than not.

You all act like I'm the first person that's ever left the campfire because of this. Not hardly gents.
Anyway....lets have a test.

I, the artist formally known as Jim, like to shoot my .270 Winchester. I also like shooting CB shorts out of my Single Six.

I am also not terribly fond of hard kicking rifles......and I like bird watching.
Can you rent a chipper?

I guess I ain't understanding? You want the river cane gone for good or do you want to let it grow and continually chip it?

I'd have that shiet bulldozed the fugg out of there and back fill a little. Of course if your goal is to continually chip, then I'd get a chipper.

I've got 5 acres. Most of it is grass that I mow. There's one acre on the back corner of my property that contains the cane patch, the multiple honeysuckle bushes and many mature trees. The previous owners more or less cultivated it to be what it is and have paths cut through it that the mower will fit through. It's a nice little secluded area to wander around in. It;s one of the things that appealed to me about this particular piece of land.

I want to keep it but it requires maintenance. The previous owners slacked off on the maintenance of it over the past 3 years or so, so it's going to take some work to get it manicured back to the condition that I want it to be in.

That's easy. Because it's unnecessary and creates dissension, turmoil, anxiety......

Ask yourself why you let strangers on a website affect you so profoundly.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Bristoe,
What was it that you like to post here? "It's only the Internet" or something like that? I think that sums up this thread nicely.

Passive-aggressive bitch talk, AGAIN.

Scott, you deserve to be scorned, but this isn't about you either, although you are doing an excellent job of making my case. Still love how you entered the fray considering how it was framed in the OP. As I said, you're only play. But now you're in, so go hog wild and don't hold back, it only serves to illustrate my point. Since we all know you;re a sociopath, we know you lack the restraint it would take to remain silent.

That's easy. Because it's unnecessary and creates dissension, turmoil, anxiety......

Ask yourself why you let strangers on a website affect you so profoundly.

Well, that's an honest enough question Smoke.

I place a value on the friendships that are to be had on the internet. They often translate into face to face friendships as time goes on. You know what I mean, all of us have a story or two of people we met here first then in person. To wantonly destroy the venue for that seems counter-intuitive, unless that's not why a person is here to begin with. Why would anyone sheit in their own bed if you aren't a bear?

That is exactly my contention. Some are here to destroy, some to build. I would choose to build if it were up to me, but some make that impossible. I would find it OK if co-existence were an option, but the comments are so wholly distasteful, personal, and directed that ignoring them becomes pretty hard to do. That's not why I'm here, so it took me a while to understand that there are some sick sick fuques out there that lead such a miserable existence that their aim is to bring everyone else down to their level. Learning that is a process, I'm pretty f'n naive as some of you have made fun of, which is all good and fine. I'd choose naive over knowing that porn stars bleach their azzhole before filming (thanks again Steelhead). Who cares about such sheit but sick fuques?
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

rent a couple, for a day each. a) see what works for you and b) see if you want to be doing that schiedt

Sycamore
Steelhead's busy digging up posts from yesteryear because his obsession is insatiable. Standby.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
I think Bristoe should hire FB to whine his cane to death, spending quality time together would cause Bristoe to snap from the onslaught of self pity and boredom. The snapped Bristoe would grab a cane knife and render the foliage to manageable bits. Problems solved.

FB gets therapy and Bristoe's cane intrusion is halted and they can bond around a roaring cane Campfire.

You are both welcome.

mike r
Anyway....lets have a test.

I, the artist formally known as Jim, like to shoot my .270 Winchester. I also like shooting CB shorts out of my Single Six.

I am also not terribly fond of hard kicking rifles......and I like bird watching.

Shouldn't this go in the campfire dating section?
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I think Bristoe should hire FB to whine his cane to death, spending quality time together would cause Bristoe to snap from the onslaught of self pity and boredom. The snapped Bristoe would grab a cane knife and render the foliage to manageable bits. Problems solved.

FB gets therapy and Britoe's cane intrusion is halted and they can bond around a roaring cane Campfire.

You are both welcome.

mike r

Thanks Mike for the cuteness. Iggwe hasn't posted in a while, so that was super refreshing.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Can you rent a chipper?

Hell, I'd try renting one once and try it out. It might give you a better idea of what you need and whether it'll work for you or not.

This thread is a double whammy. We get to talk about butt hurt people and wood chippers all in one thread.

FB gets therapy and Britoe's cane intrusion is halted and they can bond around a roaring cane Campfire.

You are both welcome.

mike r

I don't recall any recent bouts of self pity. I just want to clean my land up. Leave me out of the rest of this drama.
I occasionally lament some bad decisions I've made, but it's not self pity.

It's just a mental exploration of the myriad paths I've taken in my life.

Some good,..some bad.

I'm on a good one now.

Carlos Castaneda would probably say that my current path has heart.

“Anything is one of a million paths. Therefore you must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if you feel you should not follow it, you must not stay with it under any conditions. To have such clarity you must lead a disciplined life. Only then will you know that any path is only a path and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do. But your decision to keep on the path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition. I warn you. Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary.

This question is one that only a very old man asks. Does this path have a heart? All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush, or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long long paths, but I am not anywhere. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you.

Before you embark on any path ask the question: Does this path have a heart? If the answer is no, you will know it, and then you must choose another path. The trouble is nobody asks the question; and when a man finally realizes that he has taken a path without a heart, the path is ready to kill him. At that point very few men can stop to deliberate, and leave the path. A path without a heart is never enjoyable. You have to work hard even to take it. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it.”
Bristoe, my post was meant to say that the onslaught of self pity and boredom would originate from fb.

Since FB advocates that miscreants be publicly caned I thought he would be pleased to assist you.

mike r
Bristoe, my post was meant to say that the onslaught of self pity and boredom would originate from fb.

Since FB advocates that miscreants be publicly caned I thought he would be pleased to assist you.

mike r

Oh,...well,..I can supply the cane.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
I occasionally lament some bad decisions I've made, but it's not self pity.

It's just a mental exploration of the myriad paths I've taken in my life.

Some good,..some bad.

I'm on a good one now.

Carlos Castaneda would probably say that my current path has heart.

“Anything is one of a million paths. Therefore you must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if you feel you should not follow it, you must not stay with it under any conditions. To have such clarity you must lead a disciplined life. Only then will you know that any path is only a path and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do. But your decision to keep on the path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition. I warn you. Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary.

This question is one that only a very old man asks. Does this path have a heart? All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush, or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long long paths, but I am not anywhere. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you.

Before you embark on any path ask the question: Does this path have a heart? If the answer is no, you will know it, and then you must choose another path. The trouble is nobody asks the question; and when a man finally realizes that he has taken a path without a heart, the path is ready to kill him. At that point very few men can stop to deliberate, and leave the path. A path without a heart is never enjoyable. You have to work hard even to take it. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it.”

I like that. Never read anything by Mr. Castenada, will have to rectify that. Fwiw, that agrees very closely with Taoist teachings.

Or, given the thread title, perhapssss I sssshould ssssay, that agreesssss with Taoisssssst teachingssssssssss...
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

I like that. Never read anything by Mr. Castenada, will have to rectify that. Fwiw, that agrees very closely with Taoist teachings.

Castaneda was a seriously strange cat. His first book was his Anthropology thesis when he graduated from UCLA about 50 years ago, or so.

It was a fun read when I was introduced to it 40-something years ago.

I'm probably a bit jaded to appreciate it today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Teachings_of_Don_Juan

FB advocates that miscreants criminals be publicly caned

mike r

If you're going to represent my position on a public forum, get it right.
Well, I dont have anything against you either FireBall.

We see things a bit differently I guess.

Up here on the arid plains we give each other a terrible ration of schit. Maybe its different in other places.

We are only polite and courteous to the people we dont like.....or dont know that well.

That seems to be flying over Fireballs head. I give people [bleep] I like or those that provide entertainment.
Anybody ever tried cutting a big stalk of cane? It's like hacking off a 480psi stick of PVC. Some of the bigger stalks are 20+ feet tall and 2" in diameter at the base.

It got me to thinking. I might cut a few 40" long sticks of the big stuff and send them to Based Stick Man. You won't snap the end offa one o'them sumbitches by hittin' a Commie over the head with it!

Steelhead's busy digging up posts from yesteryear because his obsession is insatiable. Standby.

Only took a second in the search function. I typed 'Whining Bitch' and shazam, there it was.
Anybody ever tried cutting a big stalk of cane? It's like hacking of a 480psi stick of PVC. Some of the bigger stalks are 20+ feet tall and 2" in diameter at the bas.

It got me to thinking. I might cut a few 40" long sticks of the big stuff and send them to Based Stick Man. You won't snap the end offa one o'them sumbitches by hittin' a Commie over the head with it!

I want to see you in a rainbow crosswalk, swinging a 5' piece of cane.
I've got a Parang about 30" long that I bought at Smokey Mountain Knife Works. I put a pretty good edge on it and took it to the cane patch.

I hauled off and gave a thick stalk of cane a mighty hack with it expecting it to get lopped off like it was a stalk of tobacco.

sheeeeeit,..that cane stalk just laughed at me. I had to put 4 or 5 hacks on it to get it down. I'm going to put a carbide tipped circular saw blade on a weed eater and go at it with that.
Anybody ever tried cutting a big stalk of cane? It's like hacking of a 480psi stick of PVC. Some of the bigger stalks are 20+ feet tall and 2" in diameter at the bas.

I want to see you in a rainbow crosswalk, swinging a 5' piece of cane.

lolol,.....I moved away from there when the desire to do just that started getting too strong.
I've got a Parang about 30" long that I bought at Smokey Mountain Knife Works. I put a pretty good edge on it and took it to the cane patch.

I hauled off and gave a thick stalk of cane a mighty hack with it expecting it to get lopped off like it was a stalk of tobacco.

sheeeeeit,..that cane stalk just laughed at me. I had to put 4 or 5 hacks on it to get it down. I'm going to put a carbide tipped circular saw blade on a weed eater and go at it with that.

Retirement!
Posted By: highwayman Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Question, B, How well does 18' tall river cane burn next spring when it's cut down, stacked, dried and cured?
Asking because you have a fire pit, as I recall.
I'm not familiar with cane but ... just wondering, that's all.
Originally Posted by highwayman

Question, B, How well does 18' tall river cane burn next spring when it's cut down, stacked, dried and cured?

Oh,...it burns. It pops loud enough to ring even my worn out old ears when one of the segments explode, too.
Posted By: highwayman Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Oh,...it burns. It pops loud enough to ring even my worn out old ears when one of the segments explode, too.

How about a cordless sawz-all type saw? Coupla spare batteries, or just rest while the one battery is recharging.

I place a value on the friendships that are to be had on the internet. They often translate into face to face friendships as time goes on.

Your 1st mistake was ignoring my courteous and helpful advice.

Your 2nd mistake was ignoring my courteous and helpful advice.

Your 3rd mistake lies in your post above ^^^ if you're here for meaningful friendships and outdoor man-dates, no wonder you're disappointed.

How about a cordless sawz-all type saw? Coupla spare batteries, or just rest while the one battery is recharging.

Big difference is one way you stand and the other you’re squatting or kneeling. Good idea though.

I place a value on the friendships that are to be had on the internet. They often translate into face to face friendships as time goes on.

Your 3rd mistake lies in your post above ^^^ if you're here for meaningful friendships and outdoor man-dates, no wonder you're disappointed.

Bwana, you're just like so many others. All cuteness and no real honesty.

I think his feelers are hurt because not everyone hates reefer here.

That would definitely work. So would a chain saw. But I want to cut the stuff pretty close to the ground and I'm too old and gimpy to be crawling around on the ground to cut it with that.

I need a saw with a long handle.
Speaking of "Den of Vipers",...here's another reason to cut a cane patch with a long handled saw.

https://srelherp.uga.edu/snakes/crohor.htm
Posted By: batch Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
I've long thought that the 'anger' and harassment is quite deliberate. Too many good people here that actually do fun and interesting things. That just upsets the liberals and democrats who have nothing positive to offer and they take it out here where they can hide while slinging insults. The fact that most of the topics deal with firearms really grates on their nerves, how dare we enjoy such evil things. I have been using the ignore button more in 2017 than in all the years before. I still appreciate Rick and this site, thank you Mr. Bin
Bristoe, consider this. You have a sustainable crop of strong, large diameter cane and a lifetime of machining experience. I envision a creative and aesthetic line of handcrafted bongs. Perhaps you could find someone in the doper infested PNW to help you market them in that lucrative environment. The ensuing profits would pay for cheap labor and you could buy an antique boss's chair from which to supervise your minions.

Choose your laborers carefully as I don't recall the cotton industry doing us any favors in that area.

you are welcome,

mike r
Bristoe, consider this. You have a sustainable crop of strong, large diameter cane and a lifetime of machining experience. I envision a creative and aesthetic line of handcrafted bongs. Perhaps you could find someone in the doper infested PNW to help you market them in that lucrative environment. The ensuing profits would pay for cheap labor and you could buy an antique boss's chair from which to supervise your minions.

Choose your laborers carefully as I don't recall the cotton industry doing us any favors in that area.

you are welcome,

mike r

Plenty of dope around these parts.

Come on BF, give. We'er waiting now. Please?

Aight. Right after I graduated in '07 I came out here to Seattle with my mom to check out the place and see if I'd like it. We were exploring the Mt. Rainier area on some mountain road in the middle of nowhere. I got out of the vehicle to go take a picture. Some giant wasp starts flying around me and I said "Fugck that noise!" and made a bee-line (pun intended) for the car. I must have been screaming because when I made it to the car I hopped in, slammed the door and locked the locks and mom starts yelling "Where's the bear?!?!?"

If it flies, it dies. I don't like things with wings, venom and stingers.
Posted By: GanjaFarmer Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
[Linked Image]

Sweet Jesus. This thread is epic.

Yo Fireball... I been throwing my seeds on your lawn. Springtime should be fun.

#Victims4ever

GFY,

Dave

Bwana, you're just like so many others. All cuteness and no real honesty.

It's the internet, don't take things so personally...in the end it's all BS.

[
It is about you, the Fire is here your your personal call out for emotional attention. In reality you started the thread hoping other members would bash the chiit out of your attackers, thus being the same POS troll you complain about on CNN.

You need to find a constructive outlet for your confusion and loneliness, I'd start with family and church...you "preach" a good game of BS religion, but make no effort to live that way. You're a typical internet troll hoping to find satisfaction in forum friends, while causing havoc and sicourse in your own home...so I agree 100% with your below statement:

Why are you here ?, what are you looking for ?, do you really think it will be fulfilled here ?, do you value internet friends over reality and substance ?...your family is in the other room, move on with your life.

And now is where your real self exposes itself, insults from you and ridiculous claims to justify your stance....all hoping for conversation and interaction, as long as we agree with you.

This after you tell other members "fugg you", and threw insults also...but you'll quip with a justified defending myself. You can't make rules that only apply to you, actually you can't even make rules here.

You're searching for something you won't find here, you're playing the victim when you deserved the penalty.

Just how much "real honesty" would you like from me in 1 fuggin thread !!!
Posted By: CrackerJack723 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Honesty? From a guy who posted another member's personal and work info here?

The OP is either trolling for attention from a bunch of people that hate him and is doing an excellent job... or he's really the victim here. You know, because bullying is a thing REAL men need emotional support for.
Posted By: hatari Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
Originally Posted by CrackerJack723

The OP is either trolling for attention from a bunch of people that hate him and is doing an excellent job... or he's really the victim here. You know, because bullying is a thing REAL men need emotional support for.

I hate to say it, but this sums it up for me. Dude farts in the room and then complains of the odor.
Originally Posted by hatari

I hate to say it, but this sums it up for me. Dude farts in the room and then complains of the odor.

We’re just a bunch of hippies !

Always nice to see a sock puppet join the dogpile. I guess it counts as another? Does anyone know for sure?

We’re just a bunch of hippies !

No, that's Ganja. Hope the OP has a good weedeater. Because not only does Ganja have the dankest memes, but he's got the dankest of the dank stink weed. And Firegirl is gonna have some skunk growing in her yard come spring if Ganja is dumping seeds in her yard.

Really? So what do you call all the other posts that followed mine, sewage?
Always nice to see a sock puppet join the dogpile. I guess it counts as another? Does anyone know for sure?

Well fugck me! Every time a poster from Josephine County takes some schit on the fire it's the fault of a sockpuppet.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit A
Posted By: GanjaFarmer Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
No, that's Ganja. Hope the OP has a good weedeater. Because not only does Ganja have the dankest memes, but he's got the dankest of the dank stink weed. And Firegirl is gonna have some skunk growing in her yard come spring if Ganja is dumping seeds in her yard.

That's not the only seed I'm planting in JoCo, if you know what I mean. Ladies love the BBC!! Especially the OP.

Really? So what do you call all the other posts that followed mine, sewage?

Boom !
Like I done said already, I didn't make it about me, I posted about the fire. The personal attacks that came after the OP, they made it about me. That's the ever loving friggen point. This place always makes it personal.

I could say I just rescued four drowning puppies and the fuqcue heads would claim I held three others under while I was doing it. Talk about obtuse, what planet are you guys from anyway?

Well fugck me! Every time a poster from Josephine County takes some schit on the fire it's the fault of a sockpuppet.

The only good thing about that thread, was this :

Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rem141r Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17
now all this thread needs is an uber avalanche sale and a solicitation for a kidney
Agreed, Bwana.i don’t see anything else over there.

How's the view from your moms basement anyway?
Originally Posted by rem141r
now all this thread needs is an uber avalanche sale and a solicitation for a kidney

No azz shot bear?
You’re talking about yourself in the OP

Caint we all just get along?????

That was so mean I think I'll start a thread about people picking on me on the 'fire.

EDIT: Fugck, someone beat me to it

-Pause-

I should include links to any threads I'm participating in so you guys don't have to work so hard to troll.
I should include links to any threads I'm participating in so you guys don't have to work so hard to troll.

Dude you are completely covered in testosterone attention and man-hugs, I'm betting you have wood right now.

Dude you are completely covered in testosterone attention and man-hugs, I'm betting you have wood right now.

Keep those in PMs ,please.

Correct...this is a family friendly site.
For the red blooded men in the group

[Linked Image]

I'm going to smoke a fattie,,,, fugg it

No dik pics for me thanks, unless you're Canadian of course

[Linked Image]

I would know that back musculature anywhere, that is the big titted lass that swings them to music whilst playing air guitar.

If he's covered in something I'm guessing it's a protein that has testosterone in it. And if that's the case he definitely has an erection. Bwana wins again.

[Linked Image]

I would know that back musculature anywhere, that is the big titted lass that swings them to music whilst playing air guitar.

It looks painful, but I don't know ?
He must be fogging the whole house now.
He must be fogging the whole house now.

If fogging is "rubbing one off", yes he's probably fogging.
We should be well into cocktail hour by now. The campfire drunks can go on full display.
Who calls it a cocktail? You like saying “cock”

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
I'm banging some Alaskan Thunder Fuukk, no drinks till after 8pm

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

You’d be wrong

[Linked Image]

Katee Owen is her name.

[Linked Image]

Took a bit to find it.
Posted By: okie Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

Here ya go B find some one with this and rent them to clear out what you want and leave the rest these gyros are badass and will just leave mulch behind...

[video:youtube]ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raZMnyvXMWM[/video]
Originally Posted by okie

Here ya go B find some one with this and rent them to clear out what you want and leave the rest these gyros are badass and will just leave mulch behind...

You chopped the H
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Den of Vipers - 11/18/17

I wondered how you were going to cut that cane. Cane on the farm is like a dried out oak tree.

[Linked Image]

Katee Owen is her name.

[Linked Image]

Took a bit to find it.

This thread seems to have taken a turn in the right direction.

I tried to steer it this way back on page five but it was too soon.
Yesterday I had lunch in a small cafe in Applegate, Oregon. They had a TV running up in the corner, tuned to CNN. Conservatives on the campfire bash CNN for it's lopsided reporting and outright lies and agenda driven programming, for good reason, that's what they do. I watched as they spent 45 minutes trashing and discrediting Trump, still stuck on the Russian probe, cracks in his armor, sexual scandal of Roy Moore and how that makes Trump look bad, blah blah blah. It was blatant and frankly embarrassing to CNN.

We all talk about the insanity of the left and their mental illness, but I see conservatives here on the campfire using the EXACT same smear tactics. Shout down your detractors, overwhelm them with screaming and insults, dog-piling until the preferred storyline is all that's heard. Marginalize your oppositions views if you can, but if not, go straight to personal attacks. Can't argue the merits of the point, let's tear up the opposition with insults.

Are people that do it blind to the fact that they do it, or are they predatory, pushing an agenda by shouting down and marginalizing their opposition? To me it's a fricken sickness of the mind, a complete lack of objectivity to the truth. I consider that type of thing one manifestation of basic evil that devalues people in favor of an agenda. Not surprisingly, the agenda itself devalues people so the tactics used to achieve it do too.

When I read the people on here that revel in attacking other people I ask myself, why do they need to do it? Civility and friendliness used to be a valued trait in a man, a preferred trait, so why the attacks between conservatives that should be allies? What does that person need that it's consuming them to the point they must deride someone else to get what they need? I'll leave that to each man to figure out for himself. I just see it as unhealthy and sick.

This thread proves exactly what I said at first, which is this place has turned into a haven for lunatics and sociopaths, predatory people that have finally found a safe place where the sheep don't bother to fight back. Where they can kick people around with impunity.

Nobody wants to be on the receiving end of the withering heat, so they lurk in the shadows, tiptoeing from thread to thread until they find one the jerkoffs haven't ruined yet, quietly inputing a little, hoping not to draw any unwanted attention. All the good people are pushed into the background while the culls that would have their teeth knocked out in a face to face conversation are running wild like angry children screaming at anyone in their way. They lack civility and discipline, running their mouth thru the keyboard fueled by alcohol and a lack of discernment.

You hear shouting and screaming in your head when you read the posts from others yet your concern is for the mental health of others? Have you discussed this condition with a Dr? If not maybe you should.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
Boils down to , kinda like I was raised -

Best fights I ever had were with my brothers!
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

You hear shouting and screaming in your head when you read the posts from others yet your concern is for the mental health of others? Have you discussed this condition with a Dr? If not maybe you should.

My Dad used to say "if you're always thinking everybody else is screwed up, you might need to look in the mirror".
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17

My Dad used to say "if you're always thinking everybody else is screwed up, you might need to look in the mirror".

It's not the majority, it's about a dozen guys and their sock puppets, with thousands of really great guys that stay quiet to avoid trouble.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
I shot my .270 today.

Did I catch the ghay?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
I shot my .270 today.

Did I catch the ghay?

maybe, i got a 338 ultra mag today.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
I shot my .270 today.

Did I catch the ghay?

maybe, i got a 338 ultra mag today.

Sweet! I used to have a Sendero in 338 RUM. I named it "the shoulder tenderizer" 😳
i'll find out with my collar bone that was dislocated and healed out of place, the 45-70 doesn't bother it.
My dad did the same thing when he wrecked a 4 wheeler.

He says recoil does not bother it.

What sort of 338 did you get?
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
Probably not but even though you like that rifle....I'm not sure I'd risk it.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
i'll find out with my collar bone that was dislocated and healed out of place, the 45-70 doesn't bother it.

It depends on how you hold your rifle. 😉

I’ve seen guys shoot and wonder how they didn’t dislocate a testicle by the way they “shouldered” their rifle. Somehow I get the impression that you’re more savvy than others...besides the fact that I don’t take you for a sissy.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great caliber. I used to push 250 grain partitions at just under 3000 ft./s. It's hard to say no to that. I wish Remington still made rifles in 338 RUM. For whatever reason, that Sendero just kicked the [bleep] out of me! It kicked quite a bit more than my 340 MkV-that's saying something!
got a 700 BDL from Gene Williams

[Linked Image]
Ha! That looks like it might be a bit sporty!
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
It's not the majority, it's about a dozen guys and their sock puppets, with thousands of really great guys that stay quiet to avoid trouble.

'If you run into an arse hole in the morning, you ran into an [bleep]. If you run into [bleep] all day, you're the arse hole.' -Raylan Givens

You run into arse holes all day, Firehose. Wonder why? Your buddy John thinks I am deflave and a dozen others (same John who you got another member's personal info from and posted here). Apparently everyone in OR is not only a victim, but retarded (except the liberal, who is just retarded). GanjaFarmer excepted.
he has 180s loaded at just over 3400fps doubt it would be much more on recoil than my 300 rum shooting 200s at 3200fps.
Originally Posted by 340boy

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great caliber. I used to push 250 grain partitions at just under 3000 ft./s. It's hard to say no to that. I wish Remington still made rifles in 338 RUM. For whatever reason, that Sendero just kicked the [bleep] out of me! It kicked quite a bit more than my 340 MkV-that's saying something!

I got the Pendleton dekicker on my 340. Kicks a little less than a 270 with 225gr bullets. I can shoot it prone: bonus.

I had an 1895 and shooting that off the bench wasn't fun with max loads and 350gr bullets. Standing up it was fine.
he has 180s loaded at just over 3400fps doubt it would be much more on recoil than my 300 rum shooting 200s at 3200fps.

I'd have to check, but I THINK I was slinging 185's in my 340 on my first load workup. First shot with the rifle I wondered if I'd [bleep] up in the loading. Nope. The dekicker did its job.
When the Mossberg 835 was first introduced and 3 1/2” magnums were new to the 12ga line I watched a guy laying against a dike (not dyke) shoulder his gun and fire at some ducks overhead. He had his shoulder against the dike when he fired and I watched him drop his shotgun because he snapped his collarbone from the recoil. Same spot a few weeks later I heard an extraordinarily loud shotgun report and looked up to see a guy not only blow his shotgun up from a bad reload but it knocked his ass off the dike and into the high tide unconscious. I took off to rescue him but there were a couple guys closer that saw it too and they hauled him out of the bay. That dude was lucky he didn’t drown, lose his face or die from hypothermia in the 42* water. When he regained consciousness he said “that’s the last time I have my buddy reload for me”. 🙄

I’ve owned and shot most calibers and love my .338wm but all things considered the worst kicking gun that I’ve shot was my buddies BSA 7mm mag. That thing would loosen your fillings.

I'd have to check, but I THINK I was slinging 185's in my 340 on my first load workup. First shot with the rifle I wondered if I'd [bleep] up in the loading. Nope. The dekicker did its job.

I never used anything lighter than 225grs in any of my 338s(340 and 338-378 Roy, 338 Win, and 338 Ultra) I thought about trying the 210 NP? I do remember that the 250s seem to kick quite a bit harder than the 225s. Eventually I settled on 225 NPs for everything but the 338–378. For that I mostly shot 300 grain Matchkings.
My .338 will shoot everything into one ragged hole if I do my job but the 210 Partitions wouldn’t group for squat. The original X bullet that people complained about was my favorite at the time, that and the 230(?) failsafe. I’ve settled on 225’s for everything in the .338.
i'll probably load some 250 accubonds up/

I never used anything lighter than 225grs in any of my 338s(340 and 338-378 Roy, 338 Win, and 338 Ultra) I thought about trying the 210 NP? I do remember that the 250s seem to kick quite a bit harder than the 225s. Eventually I settled on 225 NPs for everything but the 338–378. For that I mostly shot 300 grain Matchkings.

That was right after I got the gun from my great uncle Tommy. Grabbed a box of 185's on sale somewhere just to make some ammo with the cases he gave with the rifle. Running 225's right now. Got some 50ish year old 210 Partitions from Tommy too but keeping them for nostalgic purposes. Got a partial box of same era Hornady 250gr RN nickel plated bullets. Those make for great gifts for friends who know WTF they are. I do have a box of 100 250gr RN bullets on standby for when I get through the 225's.
and probably get it reamed to use 300 rum brass necked up.
Posted By: 7 STW Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
i'll probably load some 250 accubonds up/

They work well in my 338.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
My .338 will shoot everything into one ragged hole if I do my job but the 210 Partitions wouldn’t group for squat. The original X bullet that people complained about was my favorite at the time, that and the 230(?) failsafe. I’ve settled on 225’s for everything in the .338.

I never did get to try the failsafe. Sounds like it was one hell of a bullet.

That was right after I got the gun from my great uncle Tommy. Grabbed a box of 185's on sale somewhere just to make some ammo with the cases he gave with the rifle. Running 225's right now. Got some 50ish year old 210 Partitions from Tommy too but keeping them for nostalgic purposes. Got a partial box of same era Hornady 250gr RN nickel plated bullets. Those make for great gifts for friends who know WTF they are. I do have a box of 100 250gr RN bullets on standby for when I get through the 225's.

I have never seen any of the 250 grain nickel plate bullets. That's pretty cool! Also, I would imagine that the recoil with the 185 isn't too bad?

Why did you start the thread, if you didn't expect a discussion ?...or did you expect to control the conversation, dictate it's outcome ?

there's something wrong with you

'If you run into an arse hole in the morning, you ran into an [bleep]. If you run into [bleep] all day, you're the arse hole.' -Raylan Givens

You run into arse holes all day, Firehose. Wonder why? Your buddy John thinks I am deflave and a dozen others (same John who you got another member's personal info from and posted here). Apparently everyone in OR is not only a victim, but retarded (except the liberal, who is just retarded). GanjaFarmer excepted.

That's worth seeing again
Posted By: ironbender Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
Furball just needs a kitty.

[Linked Image]
Furball just needs a kitty.

[Linked Image]

😃😃
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17

I got the Pendleton dekicker on my 340. Kicks a little less than a 270 with 225gr bullets. I can shoot it prone: bonus.

I had an 1895 and shooting that off the bench wasn't fun with max loads and 350gr bullets. Standing up it was fine.
I always wanted an 1895, from the time I got the Marlin catalog as a kid at the Kansas City Boat Show. They made nothing but the half-mag, straight stock for a long time. I finally got one after already having been an experienced 45-70 shooter for quite some time (with an original 1886 Winchester). I took the gun out and put in some hot Winchester loads (lighter than the 405 Remington's or their handload equivalent that I usually shot). I shot it twice. Two days later I had to go to the chiropractor and get my back popped back in. Since then I've owned several more 45-70's, but never the light 1895. I owned an 1895 Cowboy and it was fine. I also had an original 1895, which was fine too.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
When the Mossberg 835 was first introduced and 3 1/2” magnums were new to the 12ga line I watched a guy laying against a dike (not dyke) shoulder his gun and fire at some ducks overhead. He had his shoulder against the dike when he fired and I watched him drop his shotgun because he snapped his collarbone from the recoil. Same spot a few weeks later I heard an extraordinarily loud shotgun report and looked up to see a guy not only blow his shotgun up from a bad reload but it knocked his ass off the dike and into the high tide unconscious. I took off to rescue him but there were a couple guys closer that saw it too and they hauled him out of the bay. That dude was lucky he didn’t drown, lose his face or die from hypothermia in the 42* water. When he regained consciousness he said “that’s the last time I have my buddy reload for me”. 🙄

I’ve owned and shot most calibers and love my .338wm but all things considered the worst kicking gun that I’ve shot was my buddies BSA 7mm mag. That thing would loosen your fillings.
Mama bought me a 3 1/2" chambered Winchester 1300 riot gun years ago. I shot it twice and traded it off.
I've got a 50-90 Sharps that will kick you pretty good, but it has never hurt me like the above two.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
my little rem 600 350 is pretty stiff. mostly due to the stock design. my 94 450 timber carbine is right up there cause its only 6.5 lbs. but by far my worst is the 870 supermag with 3.5's. and somebody else mentioned the 7mm. my brother has an old 700 7mm that is no fun at all. i think i will be selling my kickers and concentrating on growing my herd of smiths.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/19/17
So, I've got this 700 in .270 (don't ask, let's just say it was part of a deal) and I'm thinking next time I'm over that way, I should drop it off at Hart's and have them put a .25-06 AI barrel on it (cause I already have the dies and I like the cartridge.) I've got another 700 that I put a Timney trigger on a while back and I really like that so I'll probably put one on this rifle. Now, I'd like some ideas about barrel length and weight and stocking it, not really decided whether it's going to be strictly a beanfield gun or a carry around as well or split the difference. I'd like a little input here if you guys could provide that without hurting my feelings.
Nut up and keep it a .270.

I have never seen any of the 250 grain nickel plate bullets. That's pretty cool! Also, I would imagine that the recoil with the 185 isn't too bad?

With the dekicker (porting) it's a real pussycat with the 185s.
I have never seen any of the 250 grain nickel plate bullets.

Can't even find pics of them on the googles.

Old ass box and old ass bullets.

[Linked Image]

I've only got 8 bullets left.
I have never seen any of the 250 grain nickel plate bullets.

Can't even find pics of them on the googles.

Old ass box and old ass bullets.

[Linked Image]

I've only got 8 bullets left.

Nice. Get a load of that old box,too. 😎
I got one unopened box and one partial box of Nosler 210gr Partitions form the same era. Same box construction. All smell like cigarette smoke because uncle Tommy smokes three packs a day. I expect to make a trip from IL to Cleveland this Xmas to see him.
I got one unopened box and one partial box of Nosler 210gr Partitions form the same era. Same box construction. All smell like cigarette smoke because uncle Tommy smokes three packs a day. I expect to make a trip from IL to Cleveland this Xmas to see him.

Good for you! I have always found it remarkable how an inanimate object can remind us so much of good times and good people. I haven't too many old boxes of bullets or ammunition other than a few 300 Weatherby boxes that are all faded and wrinkled. You know the ones with the drawing of a tiger on the cover?

A local gunsmith has a whole shelf of old boxes of ammo as you walk into his shop. He has many items probably going back into the mid 50s? Almost looks like a miniature firearms museum or something.

Does your uncle still do any shooting or hunting?
Good for you! I have always found it remarkable how an inanimate object can remind us so much of good times and good people. I haven't too many old boxes of bullets or ammunition other than a few 300 Weatherby boxes that are all faded and wrinkled. You know the ones with the drawing of a tiger on the cover?

A local gunsmith has a whole shelf of old boxes of ammo as you walk into his shop. He has many items probably going back into the mid 50s? Almost looks like a miniature firearms museum or something.

Does your uncle still doing shooting?

No. He's on home dialysis for some type of kidney thing and can barely make it to the mailbox and back. He's the same age as my dad @ 65. I got the MkV 340 from him and will likely wind up with his MkV 378 as well. The 340 was purchased at a fire sale about 1965ish in San Francisco. He's been to Africa with both guns multiple times. He's got a Colt SAA Abercrombie and Fitch edition in mint condition and a host of other shotguns. He was really a bird guy, his old man was the one with the hard on for Africa as I understand it. The (Tommy's) old man's old man was Tom M. Girdler of Republic Steel infamy who broke the unions (see: Memorial Day Massacre and the book "Boot Straps").
Yes, I know the boxes of which you speak. I have here in my hands something equally interesting...

[Linked Image]

This would be from 1977.

Trying to get a few pics from it but having phone issues. Hang tight.
Ah here we go:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Enjoy.

Does your uncle still doing shooting?

No. He's on home dialysis for some type of kidney thing and can barely make it to the mailbox and back. He's the same age as my dad @ 65. I got the MkV 340 from him and will likely wind up with his MkV 378 as well. The 340 was purchased at a fire sale about 1965ish in San Francisco. He's been to Africa with both guns multiple times. He's got a Colt SAA Abercrombie and Fitch edition in mint condition and a host of other shotguns. He was really a bird guy, his old man was the one with the hard on for Africa as I understand it. The (Tommy's) old man's old man was Tom M. Girdler of Republic Steel infamy who broke the unions (see: Memorial Day Massacre and the book "Boot Straps").

Though I am sorry to hear of your uncles condition I'm glad that he did so many cool things in life. Sounds like he's lived a full life. So you are to wind up with his 378? I had a MKV deluxe in 378. What a monster! I love shooting it, but even with the muzzle brake installed it still kit about as hard as my 300 ultra mag(No brake). I wish I still had it honestly.
Ah here we go:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Enjoy.

I remember that book! Great photos thanks a lot for putting that up!
Though I am sorry to hear of your uncles condition I'm glad that he did so many cool things in life. Sounds like he's lived a full life. So you are to wind up with his 378? I had a MKV deluxe in 378. What a monster! I love shooting it, but even with the muzzle brake installed it still kit about as hard as my 300 ultra mag(No brake). I wish I still had it honestly.

He's told me the 378 is mine but I never press. I'm not in any hurry either. I'm guessing he'll insist I take it assuming I make it to Cleveland this Christmas. The 378 also has the Pendleton dekicker. The 340 came from the factory with it and when the 378 was purchased they sent it to OR to have it done. For those that don't know, the "Pendleton dekicker" was done at a gunsmith in Pendleton, OR that Weatherby contracted to install on some rifles. Some came from the factory with it, and some Wby owners sent theirs off to have it done, or other porting/brakes.

I only met Tommy once- the summer after 8th grade when my family went on vacation to VA to see my grandpa get married after my grandma passed away some ten years earlier. We swung through Cleveland on the way back and stayed a night at uncle Tommy's. Was the most fun I'd had the whole trip (I didn't grow up in a gun/hunting/outdoors family) so seeing all the heads of game and myriad of shotguns, rifles and handguns was the coolest thing to a 14yo boy. I still have a box of cartridges, bullets and empty cases/hulls that Tommy gave me. One of which is a 378 cartridge with a FMJ bullet. grin

I'm not positive but I think they took a bull ele on one Africa trip. In high school I had his Zebra skin hanging on my wall. Looking forward to getting to Cleveland.
Posted By: abeee Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17
The OP sure has it right.

First the usual asshowles attack him.

They they turn HIS thread into a tittyporn show showing women who would never give them a second look unless they had far more money than they will ever have.

Finally, they pirate into a stupid discussion of the greatest gun huckster every overpriced, ugly guns that do nothing a TC Compass cannot.

"a dozen or so morons have ruined what could be a fine site." WELL SAID !

Count on the FACT that they will now attack me and, since they really control the site, ban me for once again outing them.

They live here ----- I hunt.

41 Swiss conversion, 50 yards, bang, flop !

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mathman Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17
Originally Posted by abeee

They they turn HIS thread into a tittyporn show showing women who would never give them a second look unless they had far more money than they will ever have.

Finally, they pirate into a stupid discussion of the greatest gun huckster every overpriced, ugly guns that do nothing a TC Compass cannot.

Count on the FACT that they will now attack me and, since they really control the site, ban me for once again outing them.

[Linked Image]

Expecting to be banned once again tips your hand.
Posted By: abeee Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17
Obviously you have me confused with someone who cares what you (and the other gutless trolls) think.

This was an "expendable ID" that is worth giving up just to torture you morons who think you have the right to control others.

Dollar to a dime, you can't even come up with any real reason to ban me ---- other than your cowardly hatred.

Glad you have a life here, it's the only one you have.

27,000 posts and still afraid to have a profile.

Poster child for a super wimp internet wannabe.

Remember this ?

[Linked Image]
Try not to stroke out while you're not caring Larry.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17
Nice Lope, who killed it?
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17
Looks like it was gut shot.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17
Looks like it was gut shot.

I thought the same thing but thought it may have been dressed first?

Irregardless it’s cool that it was taken by an obsolete cartridge at spitting range.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17

[Linked Image]

I've made bow shots further than that, do you take the condom out of your azz before you shoot ?
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17

[Linked Image]

Is this the actual for real Larry????? Dude is a 24hr legend. I don't say it in an admiring or disparaging way. But holy s h it this is like a unicorn sighting for gawds sakes. an old unicorn alibi that, been on here for like 6- 7 yrs never seen a picture of the legendary Larry. Be a f uc king grandslam if a real picture of Bricktop showed up also today. 🤤 stunned is all i can say....
You don't think that BrickTops Avatar was really him? laugh
Reaford i have no idea on that. That Bricktop and Larry stuff several yrs ago was epic.
Guessing that Bricktop is buried somewhere on the 'ranch' in Pinedale, WY..........
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17
Whatever happened to bricktop? I found him amusing. Larry Root; not so much.
While all that was going on , i always thought pinedale sounded like a town out of an Archie comic book full of mongoliod moose types and jughead types.😃😃😃
Whatever happened to bricktop? I found him amusing. Larry Root; not so much.

Dunno, he knew alot about FFL Stuff.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17
He posted just yesterday in the Lefty forum.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...s-62-grain-22-250-load-data#Post12407889
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Holy s h i t !!! A Bricktop 24hr t shirt with his avatar on it would be awesome!!! 😃😃😃
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17
Can we PLEASE get back to victim bashing? Thanks.

Stirring up sheit, to be sure, but did you notice, he's also posting photos of hunting, on a hunting forum?

Some guys never post a single damn thing hunting related here. Love him or hate him, at least he did that.
Stirring up sheit, to be sure, but did you notice, he's also posting photos of hunting, on a hunting forum?

Some guys never post a single damn thing hunting related here. Love him or hate him, at least he did that.

If he'd done that from the beginning, sans douchebaggery, I doubt there would have ever been a problem.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Den of Vipers - 11/20/17

He's told me the 378 is mine but I never press. I'm not in any hurry either. I'm guessing he'll insist I take it assuming I make it to Cleveland this Christmas. The 378 also has the Pendleton dekicker. The 340 came from the factory with it and when the 378 was purchased they sent it to OR to have it done. For those that don't know, the "Pendleton dekicker" was done at a gunsmith in Pendleton, OR that Weatherby contracted to install on some rifles. Some came from the factory with it, and some Wby owners sent theirs off to have it done, or other porting/brakes.

I only met Tommy once- the summer after 8th grade when my family went on vacation to VA to see my grandpa get married after my grandma passed away some ten years earlier. We swung through Cleveland on the way back and stayed a night at uncle Tommy's. Was the most fun I'd had the whole trip (I didn't grow up in a gun/hunting/outdoors family) so seeing all the heads of game and myriad of shotguns, rifles and handguns was the coolest thing to a 14yo boy. I still have a box of cartridges, bullets and empty cases/hulls that Tommy gave me. One of which is a 378 cartridge with a FMJ bullet. grin

I'm not positive but I think they took a bull ele on one Africa trip. In high school I had his Zebra skin hanging on my wall. Looking forward to getting to Cleveland.

He sounds like a good guy. Enjoy your visit!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Den of Vipers - 11/21/17

If he'd done that from the beginning, sans douchebaggery, I doubt there would have ever been a problem.

Yeah, I could see that.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Den of Vipers - 11/21/17

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Interesting photo album Root!

[Linked Image]

Everyone remembers you pretending to be your wife Karen here on the board a few years back (BossLady), but wasn't aware you actually dress up in her clothes! lol

Sick phfucugger. sick
Right click photo-

Best guess for this image: Walmart
"rt" and the 'mart logo;

Blue paint scheme.

Blue cart.

Smiley face.

Blue "Low Price" sign.

And you hadda right click to try and figure out where it was?

Lemme right-click yer post-

Best guess for this moron: Fireball2
"rt" and the 'mart logo;

Blue paint scheme.

Blue cart.

Smiley face.

Blue "Low Price" sign.

And you hadda right click to try and figure out where it was?

Lemme right-click yer post-

Best guess for this moron: Fireball2

Did it originate in Larry Roots album or off the internet?
Posted By: Steve Re: Den of Vipers - 11/21/17
© 24hourcampfire