Home

https://www.local10.com/news/parkla...who-failed-to-act-during-school-shooting

Here is what you need to know about armed deputy who failed to act during school shooting
Scot Peterson stood outside for 4 minutes during shooting, sheriff says

PARKLAND, Fla. - As gun fire erupted within Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the armed deputy who was tasked with protecting the children of the Parkland community is accused of taking cover to protect himself instead of doing what he had been paid and trained to do.

When faced with the realization Thursday that he was going to be suspended without pay, Sheriff Scott Israel allowed Broward Sheriff's Office Deputy Scot Peterson to resign/retire, which would make him eligible for whatever benefits and pay he might be entitled to receive.

While Nikolas Cruz used an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle to kill 17 people, Peterson was armed and in uniform. Israel said he was seen "take up a position" outside of the west side of building 12 during the massacre, "and he never went in."

According to a Coral Springs police officer, Peterson hid behind a concrete column near the stairs. Israel said Cruz began shooting at 2:21 p.m., and exited the building about 2:27 p.m. Peterson, who towers over 6 feet tall, was outside the building for four minutes, according to Israel.

His actions appeared to contradict what his superiors expected of him. They were also inconsistent with his most recent employee evaluation stating that he took "pride in protecting the students, faculty and staff" and "was dependable and reliable."

Sgt. Greg Molamphy nominated him as the Parkland Deputy of the Year in 2017. In a memo Molamphy sent to Lt. Michael DeVita, he wrote Peterson handled "issues that arise with tact and solid judgment."

BSO hired Peterson in 1985 after studying at Miami Beach Senior High School, Miami-Dade College and Florida International University. Records show he was transferred to the school resource officer program in 1991. Three years later, the Florida Association of School Resource Officers recognized him with the Most Outstanding School Resource Officer in the State award.

The 54-year-old veteran had been working at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School since 2009, according to Parkland records. Israel said that he "resigned/retired" from his position as school resource officer Thursday, after learning from Lt. Barry Lindquist that he was under investigation.

He received numerous awards during his tenure. In 2013, Parkland officials named him Broward County Sheriff's Office Parkland employee of the year. The department recognized Peterson as SRO of the Year for proving "to be reliable in handling issues with tact and judgment" in 2014.

Records show his base pay was over $100,000 a year in 2013 and 2014, but dropped to about $75,800 in 2015. His overtime pay remained about the same during those three years.

After recognizing his 30 years of service in 2015, Israel wrote that Peterson's "dedication and allegiance" were "the best illustrations of the service BSO provides."

That same year, the Sun Sentinel reported he was among the police officers who were living for free on school property in exchange for after-hours campus security. Records show he had been living at Atlantic Technical College in Margate since 2000 and applied for a home loan in 2015.

Broward County incident reports show that unidentified callers contacted authorities with concerns about Cruz in February 2016 and November 2017, and the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School resource officer received the information. The first caller reported having third-hand information that Cruz was planning to shoot up the school.

Israel said the investigation will continue, and two other unidentified BSO deputies were placed on administrative duties over their handling of tips reported about Cruz's prior threats.
A hundred grand a year as school coward. Unreal.

Every school shooting has a teacher dying trying to save kids, yet libs think they couldnt be trusted with a gun.
Why do I think the MSM will continue to blame guns and neglect to mention this coward who failed his duty. mad
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Why do I think the MSM will continue to blame guns and neglect to mention this coward who failed his duty. mad

Everyone is blaming everyone else.

The FBI

The School Admins

The Broward Coward

The Sheriff

AR15's

The best person in my opinion to blame is the POS shooter. That fugger knew he was doing wrong. He knew it, and did it anyway.
If he was taking that kind of pay for that kind of job, he was skating through life. When it came time to earn his pay, he didnt even try. He has his pension and his own private hell to live in now...if he has the vestige of a conscience...
We have school police in our district that make that easy. They have their regular daily duties, then OT for Games, events, patrol duties at night. They got it going on. Good work if you can get it!!!!

They'll use it as proof that security doesn't work. I don't know if even the baddest of asses could have done much in the situation.

7 minutes of hell.

And from the same department who went to his house 37 times with the last one being a few months before the shooting from a caller concerned about all the weapons he had acquired. It was pushed up to internal affairs, who did nothing.

That lieberal sheriff should be recalled and voted out, but I doubt he will be because the district appears to be brain challenged lieberals themselves. Just like is said of the government, you also get the law enforcement you deserve.
The high school and college that my daughters attended both had a police sub-station inside the high school and on the university campus. These served as a deterent to any kind of school violence/active shooter situations, both had regular SWAT drills inside the school. My wife and I were attending a night class and got to see a SWAT drill up close and personal.

chicken schidt.......better find a different career.......
Originally Posted by jaguartx

In most of our southern states you can hire someone that will engage the shooter for $28-$30K a year.

So , what the hell is wrong with Florida ?

Mike
Originally Posted by 16bore

I don't know if even the baddest of asses could have done much in the situation.

7 minutes of hell.

That's no excuse not to try, especially when you are the only one there that is armed and trained, the only one who can possibly save lives, and you've been getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do that job. Gunfights aren't always fair, but being armed with a service-grade sidearm and several magazines should have at least put him in the position to attempt to engage a monster shooting up a school full of children. Again, there is zero excuse here........ it is shameful beyond shame......
Well, he DID go home safely......
Originally Posted by tikkanut

chicken schidt.......better find a different career.......

And without his cushy pension....that should go to the unarmed coach's family.
I bet he gets sued in civil court for his lack of action.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I bet he gets sued in civil court for his lack of action.

You would lose that bet.

The courts and even the Supreme Court have ruled that a Law Enforcement Officer is not "required" to protect.
I wonder what Peterson was armed with and what was he told, if anything, before tacking up position outside the school? If local officers like Peterson are (were) being investigated, then so should those in the FBI who failed to do their jobs.
This is a perfect example of two different systems of accountability. This deputy's conduct is what I would call criminally negligent, dereliction of duty yet he is allowed to retire with full benefits.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The FBI

The School Admins

The Broward Coward

The Sheriff

AR15's

The best person in my opinion to blame is the POS shooter. That fugger knew he was doing wrong. He knew it, and did it anyway.

You are correct blame him for what he did. That does not excuse or shield from blame those who failed to do their duty. The Sheriff failed to arrest the shooter over thirty times, please don't tell me they could not find any cause to arrest. The FBI totally ignored the obvious warnings. The Deputy who hid outside till the shooting stopped Good lord how can some one do such a thing, and before you ask yes I have been shot at by automatic weapons. A lot of other people i knew were also. We may have ducked but we didn't hide. Everyone who knew this POS failed to demand something be done, and the politicians who allow dangerous people to walk the streets because it the PC thing to do. The last thing that should get blame is an inanimate object the weapon used it did absolutely nothing on it's own it cant.
didn't the officer ( working as security ) at Orlando nightclub shooting did the same ?
A “School Resource Officer” is not there to protect the students.... they’re there to protect resources... like tax revinue, court revinue, “diversionary program” moneys, and their own jobs.

If student safety had anything to do with it.... the “resource officer” would have been involved in this situation long before the shooting started.
Originally Posted by ingwe
If he was taking that kind of pay for that kind of job, he was skating through life. When it came time to earn his pay, he didnt even try. He has his pension and his own private hell to live in now...if he has the vestige of a conscience...

I was so disgusted, mad and heartbroken about this last night, for supper I cracked the top on two cans of black beans, ate em cold from the can, drank scotch from the bottle, drank the rest of the day old coffee cold from the pot, drank a half bottle of my-quil, showered and went to bed, lying there for hours, eyes wide open, kept repeating, that mother-fu-ker!

Still mad and heartbroke today, this will be one of the things in life I will never understand, when the RIGHT thing to do would be the ONLY choice had i been there.
Government failed at so many levels over the years leading up to this, and it failed at the very moment it could have made the biggest difference. How, how, how can anyone think that only the government should have combat capable arms? What mental gymnastics do people have to go through to make that compute?
Just like at Columbine-------
Originally Posted by persiandog
didn't the officer ( working as security ) at Orlando nightclub shooting did the same ?

Yes. He traded a few shoots with the shooter then "realized he was outgunned and retreated". He was an off duty cop.
Still mad and heartbroke today, this will be one of the things in life I will never understand, when the RIGHT thing to do would be the ONLY choice had i been there.

It is my understanding that you Sir have a proven record of doing exactly that sort of thing cool

My own kin have a record of running towards the sound of gunfire, but I have not had to face that test myself.

Pretty sure I would have run right in tho.
A “School Resource Officer” is not there to protect the students.... they’re there to protect resources... like tax revinue, court revinue, “diversionary program” moneys, and their own jobs.

A rank fallacy. I'm pretty sure that among the most outraged people around the country right now are other SRO's.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

A rank fallacy. I'm pretty sure that among the most outraged people around the country right now are other SRO's.

I concur.
It is not often that I feel any pride in our president but this morning, when Trump referred to Peterson as a coward and re-iterated the need for effective armed guards at schools, I was proud of him. It doesn't matter what Peterson was armed with. If he was armed with nothing but a sack of potatoes, he should have gone in throwing. The same sort of thing happened in Las Vegas when cops hid behind barriers and no one returned fire which would probably have stopped the shooting. GD
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

It is my understanding that you Sir have a proven record of doing exactly that sort of thing cool

My own kin have a record of running towards the sound of gunfire, but I have not had to face that test myself.

Pretty sure I would have run right in tho.

Correct, and we're all old here, no badasses anymore, and no one wants to die, but DAMNIT!!!!! to hide behind a concrete barrier, while listening to children screaming being shot and killed is forever branded across the front of my brain on what that guy did NOT DO!

I've never been depressed a day in my life, I now think I know what it feels like, I sit, in the dark, shades and curtains pulled, head down, in a shameful cloud today...............................
That sonofabitch didnt only let down those kids, he let down every other man in these United States!
The duration of the school shooting was 6 minutes from start to finish.

That deputy assigned to the school cowed and hid on scene for 4 minutes of the 6 minutes.

Think about that... How many people were shot during that 4 minutes?

Let that sink in. mad
The duration of the school shooting was 6 minutes from start to finish.

That deputy assigned to the school cowed and hid on scene for 4 minutes of the 6 minutes.

Think about that... How many people were shot during that 4 minutes?

Let that sink in. mad

There will never be a larger coward in the remaining history of mankind.....................................................................................................................!
The MSM now has a conundrum on its hands.Since Trump has denounced this guy as a coward they MUST find a way to excuse his actions(inactions). Just like they are trying to do with the shooter, citing bullying and harassment.
Gunner when I read that last night I felt the exact same way. He could have cracked a round off into the ceiling, anything to break the guys OODA loop. How in the natural F**K could anyone, let alone a guy who is supposed to protect people, not gone in? I've been a cop nearly 20 years and I am ashamed, just ashamed by this guys inaction. I've seen cops do plenty of stupid stuff over the years, there have been many questionable decisions made that I have at least taken in to account that I wasn't there and wasn't making decisions on the same information they had on scene. This guy though, this guy, I hope they let him keep one round when he quit. Maybe he can get that right.
Damn..... just a week ago.... all cops were “heroes.”

Then...... the FBI (Federal Cops), the Sheriff’s Department (County Cops), and the Coral Whatever PD (City Cops), the Resource Officer (School Cop).... ALL TOTALLY SCREWED THE POOCH.... are they still heroes too?
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Then...... the FBI (Federal Cops), the Sheriff’s Department (County Cops), and the Coral Whatever PD (City Cops), the Resource Officer (School Cop).... ALL TOTALLY SCREWED THE POOCH.... are they still heroes too?

Is that your perception?

If so, it's skewed as hell.

Liberal metro areas with liberal metro law enforcement have been problems for a long time.

The FBI has declined since the Obama Administration weaponized them, and the upper and middle management of the FBI has needed to be purged for awhile.

Find one post here from anyone that claims all cops are heroes.... I'll wait.
I posted on another Fire thread, maybe Trump was right, hire proven combat veterans for school duty. I can't see a Marine, lurking in the shadows, wetting his pants.

Someone replied that school districts don't want an overly aggressive type. Well they sure didn't have much with this wimp.

What is a Resource Officer? What's the job description? We need definitions...

Gun Free zones are a P.C. disaster. Wasn't it Uncle Joe Biden that got that started?

We need to harden our schools, churches, public facilities. Schools need CCW trained teachers, coaches, administrators, etc., no one knowing who's packing.

These perp cowards will be MUCH less likely to go on a shooting rampage if they know they'll be resisted, likely shot.

Now, in the big city schools, those teachers would probably be more inclined to be marching in the streets, wearing pink hats, than using deadly force to save a student's life. In rural America, a much easier fix.

IMO,

DF
Fugawe, yes, they'll try like hell to whitewash it with a nice pretty PC paintjob.

Dodge, agreed, all LEO's like yourself must feel a hell of a load of shame, also agreed with the fact that I'm no pistol hand either, but, you can burn a running/moving sombitch alive putting shots into a brick wall, concrete floor or asphalt, bullet frags, concrete/asphalt chunks, getting hit with any of that debris would have made that kid drop his weapon, he wouldn't even had to have hit him with a clean shot, FOR GOD SAKES, DO SOMETHING.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Fugawe, yes, they'll try like hell to whitewash it with a nice pretty PC paintjob.

Dodge, agreed, all LEO's like yourself must feel a hell of a load of shame, also agreed with the fact that I'm no pistol hand either, but, you can burn a running/moving sombitch alive putting shots into a brick wall, concrete floor or asphalt, bullet frags, concrete/asphalt chunks, getting hit with any of that debris would have made that kid drop his weapon, he wouldn't even had to have hit him with a clean shot, FOR GOD SAKES, DO SOMETHING.

Reading your posts here makes me think we are experiencing this on the same emotional level. It leaves me with that churning feeling in my gut. I would not be surprised or saddened if he offed himself.
Seems to me that a cop with 30 years under his belt, working at a school, was thinking "gravy train" until retirement.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Reading your posts here makes me think we are experiencing this on the same emotional level. It leaves me with that churning feeling in my gut. I would not be surprised or saddened if he offed himself.

The world would indeed be instantly cleaner and more respected if he did.
Yep. I doubt he has the guts to do so, though...
Seems to me that a cop with 30 years under his belt, working at a school, was thinking "gravy train" until retirement.

Another sickening phase is swaggering around basking in the awards accolades while deep inside his guts he knew he was a coward. sick

As has been said, work at the library, Veterans Hall, Hospice, old folks homes, staying put when you know you will fail, is a huge selfish, uncaring, liability, look what it cost the kids...................................................

Another sickening phase is swaggering around basking in the awards accolades while deep inside his guts he knew he was a coward. sick

As has been said, work at the library, Veterans Hall, Hospice, old folks homes, staying put when you know you will fail, is a huge selfish, uncaring, liability, look what it cost the kids...................................................

gunner,

Too bad you, with your skill set, or someone like you, couldn't have been there.

That little perp may have gotten a half a clip off before he got ventilated.

But, they don't want professionals, not aggressive types...

Hmmm...

DF
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

gunner,

Too bad you, with your skill set, or someone like you, couldn't have been there.

Hmmm...

DF

I would have gladly left this spinning rock for those kids that day DF, and I cant stand being around kids, they get on my nerves terribly, [read, wc fields]

You, your lovely Wife and I have conversed calmly across a dinner table, even in that relaxed setting I dont think you could see any yellow, I have to wonder what the interviewers are looking for when they hire these guys, someone has got to wake up and take a look at the man before giving him a set of keys.

Originally Posted by Dogshooter

You appear to have cognitive issues or a serious case of azzholeitis that is quite prevalent here. I try to recover from the latter myself. There is help. Seek it.
If you want cops with the “ Warrior Mentality”, you need Warriors doing the interviewing and hiring. I don’t have to spend a whole lot of time with a man to know what he is made of, and I’ll bet the same is true for you.
What if he was in fact told to stand down? Would the department admit to that, or present him with an offer of an out with full pension? Something seems a bit odd.

And, what if he was and would have broken his order and lived to tell?

Not suggesting anything, but anything is a possibility.

The FBI

The School Admins

The Broward Coward

The Sheriff

AR15's

The best person in my opinion to blame is the POS shooter. That fugger knew he was doing wrong. He knew it, and did it anyway.[/quote]

A lot of people didn't do their job. But the one responsible is the shooter. This is 100% true.
Originally Posted by KenMi
What if he was in fact told to stand down?

In that situation what if you were told to stand down?

What would YOU do?

I for one would say [bleep] the protocol, and go in....
What if he was in fact told to stand down? Would the department admit to that, or present him with an offer of an out with full pension? Something seems a bit odd.

And, what if he was and would have broken his order and lived to tell?

Not suggesting anything, but anything is a possibility.

What man would obey such an order knowing it would mark him as a heinous coward for life?

No, he was not told to stand down, in my estimation.

He may have had a terribly bad day of terribly bad judgement, but he will have to live with that for the rest of his life, which I predict will be short.

Once reality sets in of what he could have done and what he did, he will likely end his life.
Now CNN has azzhats on there saying if the resource officer couldn't do anything about the pos shooter, then how are armed teachers?
I would like someone in my kids school armed and trained to hunt down and kill a shooter.
Originally Posted by 6mm250

In most of our southern states you can hire someone that will engage the shooter for $28-$30K a year.

So , what the hell is wrong with Florida ?

Mike

Lieberals?
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If you want cops with the “ Warrior Mentality”, you need Warriors doing the interviewing and hiring. I don’t have to spend a whole lot of time with a man to know what he is made of, and I’ll bet the same is true for you.

Not necessarily fearsome projection, but, just have the ability to be a man. smile

What would YOU do?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wouldnt answer or ask, time to GO!

The FBI

The School Admins

The Broward Coward

The Sheriff

AR15's

Dont be silly. Just ask JeffA, its Trumps fault.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Now, that's a key point, a core ingredient that should be present in an interview.

But, desk jock bureaucrats that do the interviewing would, in the same setting, probably be lurking in the shadows, wetting their panties..

Look at what 8 years did to our top military brass. So many of the warriors were passed over, top positions going to the P.C. suck ups...

And, that takes a while to sort out and fix. Same thing with the top FBI, DOJ, CIA, "leadership". You're now starting to see what sorry POS's were in those positions.

DF

What would YOU do?

You would, indeed, as would a bunch here on this forum.

"Stand down" sounds too much like Benghazi.

Same mind set that's getting good people killed.

DF

gunner,

Hmmm...

DF

I would have gladly left this spinning rock for those kids that day DF, and I cant stand being around kids, they get on my nerves terribly, [read, wc fields]

You, your lovely Wife and I have conversed calmly across a dinner table, even in that relaxed setting I dont think you could see any yellow, I have to wonder what the interviewers are looking for when they hire these guys, someone has got to wake up and take a look at the man before giving him a set of keys.

Perhaps in the fx, employment contracts with SROs should have a clause that leaves them liable to parents for such actions, or at least loss of pension funds associated with that job?

gunner,

Hmmm...

DF

Perhaps in the fx, employment contracts with SROs should have a clause that leaves them liable to parents for such actions, or at least loss of pension funds associated with that job?

Jag, that's what I meant yesterday by saying any pension/retirement due this creep should go to the Coaches family, he shielded kids and lost his life for it, UNARMED!!!!! mad

What would YOU do?

You would, indeed, as would a bunch here on this forum.

"Stand down" sounds too much like Benghazi.

Same mind set that's getting good people killed.

DF

Agreed.

What other kind would even contemplate such a ridiculous possibiity?
Guess one never knows until put in the situation, have only looked at the wrong end of a firearm 3 times in life, only once that shots were actually fired

But god help me I’d like to think I’d have rushed the guy with a textbook if that was all available, better to die one good death than to die over again and again each night

God rest and hold those children. My heart grieves that they were let down by so many
Originally Posted by 673
Now CNN has azzhats on there saying if the resource officer couldn't do anything about the pos shooter, then how are armed teachers?
I would like someone in my kids school armed and trained to hunt down and kill a shooter.

And the real point, the one that CNN is avoiding and repackaging, is not that the SRO couldn't do anything, but that he didn't....... So if that might happen, decent odds of real safety depends on multiple levels of prevention, not just one. The outcome of this scenario should actually bolster the argument for multiple armed people on school campuses.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Guess one never knows until put in the situation, have only looked at the wrong end of a firearm 3 times in life, only once that shots were actually fired

But god help me I’d like to think I’d have rushed the guy with a textbook if that was all available, better to die one good death than to die over again and again each night

God rest and hold those children. My heart grieves that they were let down by so many

smile
I know plenty of WOMEN that would of charged that dikbag. Armed or not. My own mother, a teacher, I can guarantee you would not of let that call go unanswered.

You don't need warriors, you just need a soul devoid of cowardice in the face of violence. If this report is true, that guy is not only a poor excuse for a man, but a sorely lacking human being.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

If I was a parent of one of those kids the story would not yet be over, I would have nothing to loose.
Based on info currently available, I agree with all the sentiment voiced in this thread. I don't think this deputy is going to fade away quietly though....be interesting to hear his side eventually...Sheriff may be in really deep(er) chit....
Originally Posted by JBARTRAM
Based on info currently available, I agree with all the sentiment voiced in this thread. I don't think this deputy is going to fade away quietly though....be interesting to hear his side eventually...Sheriff may be in really deep(er) chit....

I'm not sure you will here the story from the coward himself..........I suspect he will eat his service weapon before that happens.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by JBARTRAM

I'm not sure you will here the story from the coward himself..........I suspect he will eat his service weapon before that happens.

You won't hear about any of it on MSM..
Let's say the officer killed the punk, either before the first victim or after the last one. The narrative would be police brutality and more hate for cops. He probably would have still been dismissed from his job and sued by someone. Maybe lose either way.

I don't know. And only a few here REALLY know what happens when bullets start flying.

God bless them.

But, I'm not one, so I can't say.
Let's say the officer killed the punk, either before the first victim or after the last one. The narrative would be police brutality and more hate for cops. He probably would have still been dismissed from his job and sued by someone. Maybe lose either way.

I don't know. And only a few here REALLY know what happens when bullets start flying.

God bless them.

But, I'm not one, so I can't say.

No, I cannot agree with that. The car and knife attack , recently on OSU campus, was stopped in A couple of minutes, By one nearby Police officer responding on foot, Who shot the knife wielding man . That police officer is Regarded as a local hero, And has difficulty buying his own beer.
It's really not that complicated. It's funny to see the thin blue line backing him with a multitude of lame excuses. He had 2 choices, go in or stay out. He chose to stay out.
That's just a ridiculous fantasy. Sure, there would have been a few deviant retards trying to second guess the heroism, but 99.5% would have understood this guy was a hero, instead of the despicable coward he's proved himself as.
They'll use it as proof that security doesn't work. I don't know if even the baddest of asses could have done much in the situation.

7 minutes of hell.

I have to believe people that pull these kinds of mass murders are cowards of the highest order. One shot in Cruz's direction would have most likely sent him scurrying like the cockroach he is.

DMc
Originally Posted by DMc

7 minutes of hell.

I have to believe people that pull these kinds of mass murders are cowards of the highest order. One shot in Cruz's direction would have most likely sent him scurrying like the cockroach he is.

DMc

One accurate shot would have prevented the scury.
Only thing that officer was going to engage is if an armed citizen tried to get into the school to actually help.
When James Hodgkinson opened up, with a rifle, on Republican Lawmakers engaged in a softball game, 2 Capital Police moved forward to engage him in a gun fight. Zero concern for their own safety. I have little doubt that both of these officers would have entered the school, with zero concern for their own safely, and would have engaged the shooter.

That's what real hero's do, not the ones who simply show up for work.

Peterson will have to live out his life wondering why he wasn't more like the Capital Police Officers and why he choose to hide outside.
Sheriff Israel has stated that the video recordings showing deputy Peterson's activities during the incident might not ever be "disclosed".
Whats funny is the number of folks here who would die saving the kids; but yet, are willing to make them wait until they're 21 to own a gun. grin
A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once.

I recently read about the Fort Hood shooting. One unarmed brave man rushed the shooter but was killed in the act. Another brave man attacked the shooter with a chair (think about that, a chair) but he was also mortally wounded.

Here's your assignment: Google Jeanne Assam. When she heard about a church shooting at a neighboring town she asked the pastor of her church if she could come back for a later service and act as armed security. When her church was indeed targeted, she engaged the shooter and dropped his sorry ass.

A woman. One Hell of a woman, actually.

I will never say the word "coward" again. Instead I will say "Scott Peterson."

P
I've seen some news article comments excusing his inaction say he couldn't go up against a rifle with a handgun. On May 3, 2015 two AK 47 armed Muzzies showed up to crash Pam Geller's draw Mohammed party. If I heard correctly they were successfully interdicted by a man with only a handgun.
The words hero and coward are being tossed a bit too easily here. Peterson proved himself a coward, doubtless, but had he entered he still would have quite a way to go to prove a hero. Ordinary folks would beat that door down to get inside and do something.

An armed cop would simply be doing his job and could not apply for any of his former heroic awards. If he sneaked up on the shooter and shot him in the back I would applaud him for his cunning and effectiveness but not heroism, exactly.

Someone needs to redo the Kenny Rogers coward song...
Originally Posted by night_owl
Sheriff Israel has stated that the video recordings showing deputy Peterson's activities during the incident might not ever be "disclosed".

Cause he was on his damn radio trying to get in, and they told him to let SWAT handle it. Those tapes are probably molten
Originally Posted by Hastings
I've seen some news article comments excusing his inaction say he couldn't go up against a rifle with a handgun. On May 3, 2015 two AK 47 armed Muzzies showed up to crash Pam Geller's draw Mohammed party. If I heard correctly they were successfully interdicted by a man with only a handgun.

While an undercover FBI agent who knew the Muzzies were going to attack the party stood by and watched.

Because chitting your pants down both legs isn't very PC.
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by Hastings

While an undercover FBI agent who knew the Muzzies were going to attack the party stood by and watched and took photos.

Fixed it.

Ed
I feel the same way.

I am not the bravest but if i had to i could try to do what i could to stop it.

I will have no problem sleeping at night after killing someone that needs it.

It's been a while.

I just hope that his actions brings some better reactions to these situations when they come up.

If it were known that armed folks were in the school i believe that these type of events will stop.

The folks that do these things don't/won't like the fact that someone will be shooting back.

A hundred grand a year is crazy stupid. Especially when it's wasted.

Set up a VOLUNTEER program, call it Hurt Locker. Each classroom has a biometric arms and kevlar cache. Filled or not depends on the teacher. Locker is alarmed to the school central network. Also, a camera is there to monitor any person that opens or attempts to open the locker, anyone tampering is expelled, fired, jailed. The volunteer defender picks whatever they want for a firearm, for close-order of course. Plus vest and face protection.

Volunteers should have a good insurance program set up, paid for by the school system, so if they step up and are killed or wounded, their families won't have to worry about finances, pensions and the like.

There's another "advantage" -- if you're pinned in a room and can't conveniently hide, you're gonna fight, especially if you have to protect innocents.

Lots of other things could be thought of in a rational manner.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The words hero and coward are being tossed a bit too easily here. Peterson proved himself a coward, doubtless, but had he entered he still would have quite a way to go to prove a hero. Ordinary folks would beat that door down to get inside and do something.

An armed cop would simply be doing his job and could not apply for any of his former heroic awards. If he sneaked up on the shooter and shot him in the back I would applaud him for his cunning and effectiveness but not heroism, exactly.

Someone needs to redo the Kenny Rogers coward song...

I thought about posting a link to that song, but it is backwards to this reality.

If so, a FOIA request should be in order.
Having armed and willing response is a step towards hardening soft targets, and a step in the right direction.

The liberals are screaming for control. They want govt to control a free society, and that just isn't possible. In fact, it's insane.

Liberal gun grabbers and freedom grabbers could have all the weapons magically disappear, and some nutjob would still find a way.

I think I'll keep my guns for when they do.
If I could sneak up on the bastard and put a few rounds in his back, giving him no chance whatsoever, so much the better. If you come after me in such a setting with a gun and I get the drop on you, well, the Marquess of Queensberry can go fuck himself.
I am assuming that Mr. Cruz knew there was an SRO at the school and he chose to go anyway. It's obvious, he was not afraid of the Deputy Peterson. Maybe he knew that he was not going to be confronted which helped him make his decision to go into the school armed with criminal intent. I hope the next SRO has the kids $hitting tacks knowing full well they may be confronted by him or her. It seems Deputy Peterson was too much of a "friend" and not enough of an "enforcer". (meat eater) But, the School got what they wanted and up until a few days ago, they were happy with their choice.
kwg
Seems to me this is a tale wherein everybody went full retard for whatever reason it served purposes at the time. Bureaucracies work in strange ways, and today's goat is often yesterday's hero.

So most here are philosophically violent in criticism of the deputy and I understand that. I would not have lingered outside pickin' my nose while this was going down, but I have an advantage over most here on the 'Fire, that being the fact that I've been in gun fights before. Some of you have also, but I'd bet most have not. To those of you who have not, I suggest you are clueless in regards to how you will react to engaging an armed hostile. Dreams and action are two different things. It does not matter if you are in the right or not, killing someone is a very sobering experience. Give it a thought before you cast the first stone......

Ingwe commented early in this discussion and perhaps a different telling of the point he made is in order. For those that wilt under fire the very first casualty is self esteem. I did not see this often in years gone by, but it does happen and there is no undoing it. The deputy's life has descended directly into hell on this earth. You don't need to criticize him, for he will do so far more viciously than any of you can imagine. At that very crystalline moment he failed badly and totally. No one is perfect for all circumstances; not him, not you. Not everybody is cut out to do heroic deeds. Let it go and know he faces the most severe of all judges for his actions.

And if you want to bitch about it, pick on the FBI or Broward County Sheriff's Office. They were the ones that had time to reflect; yet chose failure as the solution. Over and over and over again.
This is why teachers with CCWs need to be authorized to carry on the job. Teachers know the kids, have relationships with them, and therefore care about their safety. Resource Officers tend to be aloof with regard to the kids, and don't seem to have attachment to them. They are therefore more likely to think in terms of getting home safely at the end of their shift than protecting the students from a dangerous shooter.
Ole Scott had him a 'tater'.....and blew it!!
Only a matter of time until this guys conscience gets the better of him and he suck-starts a Glock.

Power trip of a little lieberal tyrant.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Seems to me this is a tale wherein everybody went full retard for whatever reason it served purposes at the time. Bureaucracies work in strange ways, and today's goat is often yesterday's hero.

So most here are philosophically violent in criticism of the deputy and I understand that. I would not have lingered outside pickin' my nose while this was going down, but I have an advantage over most here on the 'Fire, that being the fact that I've been in gun fights before. Some of you have also, but I'd bet most have not. To those of you who have not, I suggest you are clueless in regards to how you will react to engaging an armed hostile. Dreams and action are two different things. It does not matter if you are in the right or not, killing someone is a very sobering experience. Give it a thought before you cast the first stone......

Ingwe commented early in this discussion and perhaps a different telling of the point he made is in order. For those that wilt under fire the very first casualty is self esteem. I did not see this often in years gone by, but it does happen and there is no undoing it. The deputy's life has descended directly into hell on this earth. You don't need to criticize him, for he will do so far more viciously than any of you can imagine. At that very crystalline moment he failed badly and totally. No one is perfect for all circumstances; not him, not you. Not everybody is cut out to do heroic deeds. Let it go and know he faces the most severe of all judges for his actions.

And if you want to bitch about it, pick on the FBI or Broward County Sheriff's Office. They were the ones that had time to reflect; yet chose failure as the solution. Over and over and over again.

100% agree with this and echos my own thoughts. You will never know how you react in a situation until you are there. Like I said above, only a matter of time for this guy. He cannot escape the voices in his own head now.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
This is why teachers with CCWs need to be authorized to carry on the job. Teachers know the kids, have relationships with them, and therefore care about their safety. Resource Officers tend to be aloof with regard to the kids, and don't seem to have attachment to them. They are therefore more likely to think in terms of getting home safely at the end of their shift than protecting the students from a dangerous shooter.

Good post. Two kinds of folks would lay down their lives for those kids. Most teachers and the kids parents. Cops are doing a job. Some would take bullets to slow or stop the guy, but some would hunker and wait for backup.
Ya know what I always hear on this campfire:

At least at the end of his shift, the cop-security guard-sro... Got to to go home safe to his family.
I think all too often a LEO for school duty is selected on account of his personality and demeanor, as in friendly and relates well to kids. The kind of man who couldn't bring himself to shoot a kid under any circumstances. A cynical and aloof type wouldn't get the job, but he would be the type who would expect and handle a killer. We had one several years ago that wouldn't wear his sidearm and played basketball will the high school kids.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Whats funny is the number of folks here who would die saving the kids; but yet, are willing to make them wait until they're 21 to own a gun. grin

If that's directed at me, I do have misgivings about young people overall owning AR's at 18 much like I do with them owning crotch rockets or cars with over 300 HP. I bought my own daughter a M&P Compact 45 when she was 20 as she was living in Minneapolis and she was a very responsible person. Many people have mistaken her for being 10 years older than she is. Many kids at 18 to fill in the blank, are not very responsible and probably don't need anything like a firearm to get themselves in trouble. Many are doing just fine in the get in trouble category with booze, pot, and getting to work or school on time. If a parent believes his kids responsible and wants them to have an AR, no problem. I trust the judgement of a parent far more than that of an 18 year old. If the kid is in the military, then I believe he/she has also demonstrated the responsibility to own an AR. To tell the truth, I can't think of anything much more frightening than a dozen or so million 18 year old kids driving around with AR's. Maybe that would be your paradise.
Originally Posted by Mink
Only a matter of time until this guys conscience gets the better of him and he suck-starts a Glock.

Based on the vast corruption that is quickly being exposed around this incident, any suicide might include multiple shots and, to the back of the his noggin.
hen Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.
With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.
Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.
Here's a link to a local news media account. Shows a lot about who Scot Peterson really is.

Reportedly, he's a decorated veteran LEO officer who's been a SRO for many years.

This guy would be the prototype poster boy for a politically correct LEO, all 6' 5" of him.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...ooting-scot-peterson-20180223-story.html

Check it out. Texicans would say, "All hat, no cows".

DF
Heroic teacher inside the building while armed cops stay outside.

We’ve seen this movie more than once.

It will be easier to arm the teacher than to get the cops to go inside.
Now we see that the cops, Palm Beach and Broward County SO, are on THEIR side, the ranks close up in protection of their own scumbag badged MFker:

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=233034

We Only Have One Cop....... for your school but we have six armed officers who will guard a coward's house 24x7 so he doesn't have to answer questions from the media:

We sent @BrianEntin to BSO Deputy Scot Peterson’s Boynton Beach home to try and talk to him about his resignation today. Were met by 6 @PBCountySheriff deputies standing guard outside his home. They prevented us from approaching the house. pic.twitter.com/1QPlmeHtqb

So, students and parents at Parkland, along with anyone else, let's see if I get this right.

This specific officer knew about Cruz's intentions as he was alerted about a prior call to the Sheriff's Office stating that Cruz intended to shoot up a school -- in 2016. He did nothing.

When Cruz did shoot up the school said officer cowered outside, despite being armed and able to offer effective resistance to the attack. He sat outside hiding for four minutes while Cruz slaughtered the kids inside, hearing not only the gunshots but, I'm sure, the screams.

When suspended he retired and is going to be allowed to draw his pension instead of being criminally charged and forfeiting his pension and retirement benefits, despite the proximate cause of his "retirement" being an attempt to evade an investigation of his conduct.

And now, having done all this, the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office (and the Broward Sheriff's Office) can find only one cop with a gun for a school but six cops with guns to stand guard over this assclown's house and barricade it against anyone approaching it or him.

Oh, and not barricade it just against people with weapons who intend to do him harm either -- they have also barricaded it against a news crew armed only with cameras so this ******* doesn't have to actually face the public about his outrageous conduct.

This is no longer about just Broward County's sheriff office -- it now extends to Palm Beach as well as they have willfully and intentionally joined the cowards and intentional misconduct of both the FBI and Broward County.

Tell me, parents and students, when you're going to recognize that those 17 people are dead because of direct, intentional malfeasance and willful misconduct by the police.

And finally, next question: Are you going to obey any "gun law", now or ever in the future, when it's clear that the only person who will protect you and your children is..... you?
Just thinking, if that Cruz kid had been rushed by an aggressive LEO, emptying a Glock as he ran toward him, the kid would not have been able to return fire. Especially if the attack was started as he was swapping mags. And, if a few of those rounds struck home. None of this drop your gun stuff, just a vicious, relentless assault.

May not be P.C., bet it would have worked. Not sure about rules of engagement, but once this little perp opened fire, IMO, he became a target of opportunity.

I'd like to hear LEO opinions on this tactic.

DF
It is Columbine/Colorado all over again - chickenschitt cops......"FTP!!" is all I've got to say, it's time to revoke "qualified immunity" and hang every cop and sheriff's deputy who fails in the slightest, they've earned my eternal wrath for their worthlessness:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/23/four-deputies-waited-outside-stoneman-douglas/

Sheriff Scott Israel revealed on Thursday that the school resource officer on duty, Deputy Scot Peterson, “never went in” the school even though it was “clear” there was a shooting going on, but CNN’s new reporting reveals there were three other deputies who reported to the scene shortly thereafter also failed to enter the school and attempt to engage Cruz.

The report states that when Coral Springs police officers arrived on the scene, the four deputies were crouched behind their vehicles with their guns drawn and had not yet entered the school.

With some direction from the deputies, the Coral Springs officers entered the school. A new group of Broward County deputies also arrived, and two of them joined the Coral Springs officers in the school, along with an officer from Sunrise, Florida.

The Coral Springs officers claim that the four original deputies never followed them into the school. CNN’s sources said the officers were upset and stunned at the inaction by the deputies.
Just thinking, if that Cruz kid had been rushed by an aggressive LEO, emptying a Glock as he ran toward him, the kid would not have been able to return fire. Especially if the attack was started as he was swapping mags. And, if a few of those rounds struck home. None of this drop your gun stuff, just a vicious, relentless assault.

May not be P.C., bet it would have worked. Not sure about rules of engagement, but once this little perp opened fire, IMO, he became a target of opportunity.

DF

Having a tactical advance and aimed fire is way more productive than charging and spray and pray shooting in a general direction.
In my department, we have trained for this often, during times when the schools are unoccupied. The message is very clear...go to the sound of the gunfire as fast as possible and eliminate the threat. Don't wait! Time is critical. I'm appalled by what happened in Florida. It would be much easier to give my life in defense of those kids, than to look at myself in the mirror and know that I failed those who counted on me.
Hired in 1985, became SRO in 1991. That's only 6 years on the street. It is very possible his mettle was never tested.
Originally Posted by Bobmar
In my department, we have trained for this often, during times when the schools are unoccupied. The message is very clear...go to the sound of the gunfire as fast as possible and eliminate the threat. Don't wait! Time is critical. I'm appalled by what happened in Florida. It would be much easier to give my life in defense of those kids, than to look at myself in the mirror and know that I failed those who counted on me.

Reminds me of the street cops that took out the UT Sniper, Charles Whitman.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-charles-whitman/?utm_term=.3d0941ee5452

Houston McCoy grew up in West Texas. Men don’t brag much there. Or cry.

But there he was, his life winding down, with tears in his eyes.

It was 2008. McCoy, one of the Austin police officers who killed University of Texas Tower sniper Charles Whitman on Aug. 1 1966, was being interviewed on video by Mary Ellen O’Toole, an FBI agent who specialized in school shootings.

McCoy went through life not talking much about the day Whitman killed 17 people and wounded more than 30. Now he was telling the whole story.

What training did he have to take down a mass shooter?

“The training was, you’re a policeman,” McCoy says, in a raspy twang. “You’re required to enforce all federal and state laws and city ordinances and keep the peace and that was our sworn oath.”

He pauses.

“But no, we didn’t have any training for anything like that. Nobody had even thought about anything like that ever happening.” He was 26 — one year older than the gunman.

When he went out on the observation deck to confront Whitman, was he wearing a bulletproof vest?

“No,” he says. “I’d never heard of one.”

Was there a plan?

“There was no plan,” he says.

DF

Having a tactical advance and aimed fire is way more productive than charging and spray and pray shooting in a general direction.

Not a LEO, just thinking out loud.

Tactical advance takes time to organize. Shooting was over in a very few minutes.

Less organized, faster assault on perp may cut short the critical killing time.

Seems responses need to be faster, even at the cost of tactical perfection.

DF
Dirtfarmer,

Tactical advantage may also mean moving rapidly while using cover/concealment until you find the shooter. Tactics after that are subject to change without notice. I'm all for putting lead downrange, even more in favor of that lead being on target, not in the general vicinity.

Ed

DF

If he's already shot people, and it's still in the heat of the situation, there's no command to drop the gun that's called for. If he has it in hand, he's a target to be shot as soon as you can get sights on him.
It doesn’t take training to know what to do here. You can contrast the actions of those four chickenschits with the guy in Texas who RAN TOWARDS the church shooter while he was stuffing shells in his magazine.
If the coach had sheriff Israel's deputy's gun the outcome would have, IMO been far different.
Just been announced there were FOUR deputies outside hiding. Anothe counties 2 deputies arrived and went in, the Broward County Deputies refused until more got there.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It doesn’t take training to know what to do here. You can contrast the actions of those four chickenschits with the guy in Texas who RAN TOWARDS the church shooter while he was stuffing shells in his magazine.

Barefoot, and only 5 bullets (iirc) all he had handy.
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
If the coach had sheriff Israel's deputy's gun the outcome would have, IMO been far different.

Coach had a warrior spirit, no weapon.

SRO had a weapon, the spirit of a coward, not that of a warrior.

Something wrong with this scenario.

DF
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
Just been announced there were FOUR deputies outside hiding. Anothe counties 2 deputies arrived and went in, the Broward County Deputies refused until more got there.

Sounds like the boys in broward county bunch flat billed wearing pussies..
Oh, look: Sheriff JEW Israel is standing in unison with Crooked Hitlery Clinton....'nuff said:

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2018/02/23/now-it-is-four/
He was at that school job since 2009. 3/4 of a million dollars give or take to have him there to protect the children. Willing to bet they put him there because he was useless as a set of tits on a bull, and what are the chances of someone coming in and shooting up the school?
Originally Posted by Bobmar

From what I've been told that is what is being taught now. Only fly in the ointment is some are being taught minimum of 2 to make entry.
Not a LEO never in the service- I’d like to think if armed i’d hustle in looking for as much cover as possible on the way in but I’ve never been tested that way. Great Grandfather was a small town sheriff who had more than one successful gunfight and solo tracked down escaped Nazi prisoner. I hope I’m wrong but my perception of today’s law enforcement is drastically less heroic than 50 years ago. They train to have a huge force advantage and that isn’t available in these situations. It is embarrassing that so many teachers show so much more courage than the Leo’s here.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
...From what I've been told that is what is being taught now. Only fly in the ointment is some are being taught minimum of 2 to make entry.

Yeah, that was the policy where I worked, too...but it was sometimes a forgotten policy. Risk Management folks can come up with some ROE's that just don't meet reality.

Ed
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
...From what I've been told that is what is being taught now. Only fly in the ointment is some are being taught minimum of 2 to make entry.

Yeah, that was the policy where I worked, too...but it was sometimes a forgotten policy. Risk Management folks can come up with some ROE's that just don't meet reality.

Ed

I bet. Not going to wade in on anything other than just pointing out the catchphrase of the day is "training" and how that qualifies or disqualifies one from being able or not able to do one thing or another. If it makes everybody feel better to have trained folks armed, then don't hang them when they revert to what they were trained to do.
And just as quick to hang them when they do violate one of those ROE's and take action. BTDT, got the reprimand.

Ed

Ed

I bet. Not going to wade in on anything other than just pointing out the catchphrase of the day is "training" and how that qualifies or disqualifies one from being able or not able to do one thing or another. If it makes everybody feel better to have trained folks armed, then don't hang them when they revert to what they were trained to do.

Our training related mostly to the the interior layout of the school and other things specific to that location. Familiarization, etc. The mission was and is clear. Somebody is in there shooting children. You need to get in there and stop it NOW! There's no minimum. We practiced the Hall Boss and Y and T formations, but we aren't waiting around for a squad, first one onscene take charge and engage the threat, if there are more people available, then adapt your tactics to take advantage. Get it done!
And just as quick to hang them when they do violate one of those ROE's and take action. BTDT, got the reprimand.

Ed

That's gotta be a tough one. Break ROE or do what needs doing.

Benghazi keeps coming to mind. Multiple stand downs from bureaucrats while warriors were positioned and ready to do what was needed.

You need discipline in a dept to keep individuals from doing something stupid or going "cowboy"...

But ROE that allow helpless kids to be slaughtered while armed men, hearing their cries and the gunfire, sit on their hands. ROE's need to be reviewed. They're not working. When a situation is over in 3 minutes, you don't have the luxury of time to plan a perfect, by the book tactical response.

DF

Ed

That's gotta be a tough one. Break ROE or do what needs doing....DF

You do what needs to be done. As the Sgt. in Inglorious Basterds said "...nah, I'll probably just get yelled at. I been yelled at before."

Waiting for backup to arrive, standing in the rain, up against the outside of a single-wide trailer in a real scheithole trailer park on a domestic call and you hear a woman inside scream, "no, put the knife down!"

You just go...

Ed
If all Sheriff Israel’s deputies waited while deputies from another county went on in, I wonder if that wasn’t his standing order.

If so, and being a big Dem, he was quick to throw Scot Peterson under the bus to save his own sorry azz.

Just a thought

DF
If all Sheriff Israel’s deputies waited while deputies from another county went on in, I wonder if that wasn’t his standing order.

If so, and being a big Dem, he was quick to throw Scot Peterson under the bus to save his own sorry azz.

Just a thought

DF

Good point.

Ed

That's gotta be a tough one. Break ROE or do what needs doing....DF

You do what needs to be done. As the Sgt. in Inglorious Basterds said "...nah, I'll probably just get yelled at. I been yelled at before."

Waiting for backup to arrive, standing in the rain, up against the outside of a single-wide trailer in a real scheithole trailer park on a domestic call and you hear a woman inside scream, "no, put the knife down!"

You just go...

Ed

As I would expect of any true man. I was at a Christian rock concert (Phil keggey) quite a few years ago, heard a woman screaming from a stairwell, looked at my friend, and leaped into motion. It was not discussed, just a glance. I found a large male dragging a female down the stairs by her hair. I confronted him and he pulled a very small knife. He was mad as he'll and wanted to leave with the girl, who was still screaming.
He said he would cut me if I interfered, and I reached for the only defense I had, a Maxem 4" lockbkade that always rode on my belt. A working tool, well worn but heavy bladed. A snap of the wrist and it was open, and I was advancing on him. "I guarantee you will not enjoy it".
In about a second she swapped from fighting him to trying to stop me!
He put the penknife away when I told him to, because if he didn't I'd shove it up his azz. And we talked.
She had brought him under false pretenses. In an effort to improve him. He wanted to leave when he found out it was a Christian thing, she refused and had the keys. Things had escalated.
I missed most of the concert monitoring them as they talked, making sure it stayed civil. In the end they left, but peacefully.

Don't know if I will ever go back to a Christian rock concert, rough crowd.... wink (sarc)
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/966854507744374784.html

Looks like US law enforcement is adopting British methods of reducing crime stats. Sad end result.
Given the news that four sheriff deputies failed to enter the school it now appears that one was thrown to the wolves in order to cover the rest and the department. ( The sheriff is the department and the department is the sheriff) One that is past a 30 year retirement. This guy had 33 years and Florida law says he can retire at 52 with 25 years service. The sheriff may be able to single out a single officer, but when four do it there is no way for him to avoid responsibility.
Originally Posted by ccd

Looks like US law enforcement is adopting British methods of reducing crime stats. Sad end result.

That explains a lot in my experience. I was assaulted by three huge thugs on school grounds (students) after last bell several years ago. I reported the incident both to school administrators and (upon returning home) to the local police, expecting the three would be arrested and charged. Soon as the Deputy heard that I worked there as a teacher, he closed his book and told me there was nothing he could do, and that it was entirely a school discipline issue, to be dealt with by the school. One week suspension was all they got for what should have landed them all in jail and given them police records.

I was stunned. Here I was a tax payer, and the police refused to follow up on an assault against me. Now, after reading that, I suspect I understand what the explanation was.
Outrage ensued when it was reported Thursday that one armed school resource officer allowed Nikolas Cruz to continue his massacre, but it turns out he wasn’t the only one – there were three other officers who responded but didn’t enter the school.

Police squeal on each other
Special: Expert says this will be a national nightmare

The most recent revelation came from sources on the Coral Spring police force who spoke to CNN about what they found when they arrived at the scene. They told CNN that they were surprised that three Broward County Sheriff’s deputies had their weapons drawn, but had not entered the school to stop the shooter.

The Coral Spring police then entered the school, but told CNN they were “stunned and upset” that the four Broward County Sheriff’s deputies who had responded to the scene first did not join them.

CNN reported that the Coral Springs city manager confronted Broward County Sheriff Israel in front of dozens of others about the “dereliction of duty” that the officers believed they saw from the Broward deputies.

The manager released a statement to CNN about the altercation, saying, “Given the horrific events of that day emotions were running high and the sheriff and I had a heated moment the following evening. Sheriff Israel and I have spoken several times since and I can assure you that our departments have a good working relationship and the utmost respect for each other.”

The truth will come out in time

“I understand that another agency has given the impression that it had provided the majority of the rescue efforts, and that the tremendous work of the Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments has not been recognized,” wrote Coral Springs Police Chief Anthony Pustizzi in an email to his own staff.

“Please know that this issue will be addressed, and the truth will come out in time,” he added, saying the focus should stay on the victims and their families.

So, one more time the FBI is "right there" even though their headquarters in in Quantico Virginia, and they "take charge" of a mass shooting, even though it's NOT a federal offense. The local cops let the kid shoot for 4 minutes and then the FBI just "shows up" to take charge. Just happened to be in the neighborhood, within 2-4 blocks, all ready to go, will full support and com gear and could be there in just over 4 minutes.

Are the 4 sheriff's officers real cowards in the face of gunfire, or just cowardly enough to obey orders? Were they give orders to do nothing? Is the elected County Sheriff of Broward County under their influence or control.

Lots of question go through my mind.

The FBI needs to have headlines and be a hero right now because of the dirt that is coming out about their political involvement with the Dem/Communists and the Chinese and Russian communists too. These memos are far more dangerous to them then a kid with a gun, and if we think back about 1 week before this shooting President Trump said publicly that the Swamp would resort to some false flag because of the memos coming out.
Remember?

As I said above, the courts have held that no cop has a duty to protect. The Feds know it and use it. That's one of the things they fall back on when ever it's proven that they were told about something coming and did nothing. It smears them, but it's how they protect themselves individually. It's very bad for the reputation of the agency, but no agent or administrator goes to prison because of that law when the heat gets turned up on them instead of the agency.

It's no accident or coincidence.
LET`S THINK !! America has a lot of schools we need to protect these kids and schools right now ! rather its a public school or a private school we need to send America`s National Guard soldiers right away to all schools ,till America figures out what can be done to keep all America schools and children safe. its that simple and let the courts decide on the past what has happened,i vote for a public hanging on this animal and in the future any person who rapes or murders someone public hanging in 30 days !
Originally Posted by ccd

That link is Really interesting, The supporting links within it seem to verify what he is saying. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Infidel
Originally Posted by ccd

That link is Really interesting, The supporting links within it seem to verify what he is saying. Thank you.

The swamp entends into Broward Co., and into other heavily infested Dem strongholds. Remember those "hanging chads". I hope the corruption that has been hidden will be revealed.

Drain the swamp.... mad

DF
Any Questions ?

[Linked Image]
Her tentacles are longer than this country is wide.
Originally Posted by kazijoy
Any Questions ?

[Linked Image]

The name by itself tells you all you need to know ... at least nine times out of ten, anyway.
Originally Posted by pete53
LET`S THINK !! America has a lot of schools we need to protect these kids and schools right now ! rather its a public school or a private school we need to send America`s National Guard soldiers right away to all schools ,till America figures out what can be done to keep all America schools and children safe. its that simple and let the courts decide on the past what has happened,i vote for a public hanging on this animal and in the future any person who rapes or murders someone public hanging in 30 days !

Unless they are allowed ammo, which is not usually the case, they will just be targets.
I posted the below on the Broward Coward thread, and I think it should go here too.

For the entire time I was a Deputy in Texas (1983 - 2000) the policy of every LE agency, local state or federal, was in a situation where there was a shooter in a building and there were innocent hostages or just innocents who did not get out before the criminals took over, the police were to form a perimeter around the building and start hostage negotiation. Around the 1980's LE had lost quite a few law suits because tactical units making a dynamic entry killed the bad guys, but sometimes one or two bad guys would start popping hostages. The injured or dead victims/families suited the officers and the agency for prompting the bad guys to shoot hostages. Case law dictated LE to stay out unless the criminals started a wholesale slaughter of hostages. The courts said LE had all the time they needed. They didn't need to rush and cause casualties that might have been saved.

Then Columbine happened, and the various agencies responding followed policy and set up a perimeter around the school...and waited. The shooting carried on quite a while, and the officers just watched the school. There was a national outcry. Around 2002, Illinois LE agencies began changing their policy, especially if the incident was a loon shooting school children. It was an "Active Shooter" policy. The first officer on the scene and the officers that followed were to jump over the dead and dying and find the shooter and neutralize him, her, or both or any combination of shooters. The agencies around us here, in Illinois, underwent significant training in the "Active Shooter" policy. There were agencies in Texas that underwent the same training. But the sentiment was the same, training or not. If a nut case was inside a school shooting children the LE agencies were to enter the school and find and kill the son of a bitch. If Broward County's policy was to stay outside and just keep the shooter from escaping they were operating counter to almost every other agency in the nation.
"Sheriff Israel has stated that the video recordings showing deputy Peterson's activities during the incident might not ever be "disclosed"."

Interesting. What is that S.O.B. trying to hide?

Gonna play devil's advocate here for a bit. I'm not gonna pick on deputy Peterson Because something sticks in my craw.

Sheriff Israel is a known anti-gun, anti-CCW and anti-open carry card carrying communist, err I mean Democrat. I think he may also be of the mind set that no one other than LEO and government should have firearms. Seems a certain female dog named Clinton has those very same ideas.

Note all the strong calls for removing AR's from private citizens hands. Makes me wonder is sheriff Israel ordered Peterson and the other deputies to stand down and do nothing with Peterson ending up being the sacrificial goat?

If that turned out to be the case, would Sheriff Israel now be considered an accomplice to murder? Does Florida have a law that would make that "accomplice" just as guilty as the shooter and face the same penalties? Now that's an interesting thought.

Just a tired mind playing devil's advocate because there is a hell of a lot more than meets the eye. That article on how they were letting criminals in schools get away with crimes in order to get more fed money had a lot to do with triggering some of my thoughts.
Paul B.

Just a thought

DF

Correction: I had heard deputies from another jurisdiction, but it was local Coral Gables Police officers who moved past Israel's hunkered down deputies and entered the building. Just wanted to make that correction.

I think Israel is in a heap of hurt, but the Dem machine will probably close ranks and protect him.

Now, if the heat gets really hot, he could become the second scape goat, thrown under the bus like Scot Peterson.

I doubt that will happen, but it would be justice.

DF

Just a thought

DF

Correction: I had heard deputies from another jurisdiction, but it was local Coral Gables Police officers who moved past Israel's hunkered down deputies and entered the building. Just wanted to make that correction.

I think Israel is in a heap of hurt, but the Dem machine will probably close ranks and protect him.

Now, if the heat gets really hot, he could become the second scape goat, thrown under the bus like Scot Peterson.

DF

If it was his policy to not go after an Active Shooter the Deputy will be sued, then the Sheriff and finally the deep pockets, the County of Broward. Given that most departments local, state and federal go after the active shooter Broward County stands to lose a bundle.
He had his cherry retirement job. Hang around the school and look good in the uniform, nothing big ever happens there.
I bet he was a real bad ass when it was time to bust a 10th grade punk with a nickle bag of pot. I bet he put Barney Fife to shame, when he busted some 16 year old girl with a Percocet.

All the while, he was a coward, just hoping to milk his good government job until he could catch retirement.

If he was half a man, if he had any pride, he would go out in the back yard and blow his brains out.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Just a thought

DF

DF

If it was his policy to not go after an Active Shooter the Deputy will be sued, then the Sheriff and finally the deep pockets, the County of Broward. Given that most departments local, state and federal go after the active shooter Broward County stands to lose a bundle.

They may try and sue, but the lawsuits will fail.

The courts and even the Supreme Court have ruled that a law Enforcement officer is not required to protect. Their job is to enforce laws, not protect citizens, so says our Untied States Supreme Court.
The real question will hinge on policy...

Were the Broward Cowards waiting on SWAT under a stand-down order?
Originally Posted by kazijoy
Any Questions ?

[Linked Image]

That beeches eyes are too far apart!!
A COWARD DIES A THOUSAND DEATHS, BUT A BRAVE MAN BUT JUST ONCE...Hope he thinks about that for the rest of his life..
If an athletic team had messed up this bad who would be held responsible? Difference here is, this wasn't a game. Sheriff Israel is the coach.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Just a thought

DF

DF

One of the reasons I made that statement is Sheriff Israel's profile. If you study his past, you'll see a number of complaints about excessive force, etc.

I profile this guy as a bully. I would bet he runs his dept with an iron fist, again based on what I've seen about him so far.

If that's the case, these deputies are afraid of him. Scot Peterson may be the kicking boy, the scape goat. I can't believe that three other deputies, along with Peterson, stood down during the killing spree without orders to do so. I can't believe they'll all cowards. Gotta be more than that. When the Coral Gable police moved past their hunkered down positions and entered the building, of course they were disgusted with what they saw. And, I understand the Coral Gables police chief had some heated words with Israel. But, the political bosses quickly smoothed that down. IIRC, they put out a statement that they're all working together...

I hope the truth comes out. Gov. Scott is on it like a duck on a june bug. He knows more than he's saying, will let his people investigate and I don't think anything is going to be glossed over. Gov. Scott is going for the jugular in a Dem stronghold of corruption. This may be his excuse to pull the scab off the sore. Hope so.

DF
I give this better than 50/50 odds of being a false flag attack.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I give this better than 50/50 odds of being a false flag attack.

It's beginning to look that way to me, too. If it is, we might know quickly. Too many involved and not enough funds to back them up, I would guess.
Coward County...unbelievable. Sheriff of Coward County should be fired and his pension negated, those four deputies should be tried for cowardice and dereliction of duty and spend time behind bars, if not lined up and shot, for their lack of action. This is what liberalism brings....all talk, no action.

From what I can tell, every gov't agency failed the shooter, COPS, DCFS, School system, the whole thing stink, IMO...throw-away kid with no family, foster dad works in " military intelligence" , Coward County Sheriff , suspect in a under age sex allegation, his deputies Barney Fife it behind their cars with their weapons drawn, just waiting.....waiting....while a messed up kid was shooting up the place...sounds like the deep state has this one all figured out.
Originally Posted by bowfisher
Coward County...unbelievable. Sheriff of Coward County should be fired and his pension negated, those four deputies should be tried for cowardice and dereliction of duty and spend time behind bars, if not lined up and shot, for their lack of action. This is what liberalism brings....all talk, no action.

From what I can tell, every gov't agency failed the shooter, COPS, DCFS, School system, the whole thing stink, IMO...throw-away kid with no family, foster dad works in " military intelligence" , Coward County Sheriff , suspect in a under age sex allegation, his deputies Barney Fife it behind their cars with their weapons drawn, just waiting.....waiting....while a messed up kid was shooting up the place...sounds like the deep state has this one all figured out.

It's the political agenda that rules. They had a big move to downgrade thugs stealing stuff. I saw signs saying no tolerance for no tolerance . That was code for resistance to the "school to jail" cycle with local thugs. That's Dem MOS. That policy, tolerance for thugs running wild without restraint, influences LEO activities and ROE policy. P.C. rules and this is the consequence of that kinda policy.

Hope this gets brought to light. Gov. Scott in on it.

DF
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The real question will hinge on policy...

Were the Broward Cowards waiting on SWAT under a stand-down order?

The whole country is condemning them for not going in.
I can't imagine the four Deputies allowing themselves to be publicly vilified as cowards because they followed the departments policy of waiting to go in or because they got a stand down order.
You would think if that had happened they would have spoke out and said, hey we were following department policy or we were told to wait for SWAT by our superiors.
No I think their decisions/actions were all theirs.
They had no skin in the game. They were not in the school or being threatened so they turn coward and hid outside.Thats why arming the teachers makes a lot more sense because they definitely have skin in the game. Their own skin ,standing there being shot at ,they probably will be more likely to protect themselves and the children .
I was listening to the governors meeting with the president. So many different opinions.

In TX, they have had armed teachers for years. In states where teachers are snowflakes, teaching snowflakes, probably not a good idea.

It's gotta be a local thing, one size won't/doesn't fit all.

Hardening the schools is gonna happen. Just takes money. Gov. Abbott of TX said that small districts that couldn't afford the cost, teachers armed themselves. Evidently TX children with armed teachers are safer than Broward Co. children with an armed SRO.

It's down to lib vs. conservatives, sheep vs. sheep dogs, victims vs. warriors.

I'll take the conservative warrior type any time. It's gonna be hard to make America great again with wusses... Thank God for the warriors.

DF

© 24hourcampfire