Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A “School Resource Officer” is not there to protect the students.... they’re there to protect resources... like tax revinue, court revinue, “diversionary program” moneys, and their own jobs.

If student safety had anything to do with it.... the “resource officer” would have been involved in this situation long before the shooting started.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
If he was taking that kind of pay for that kind of job, he was skating through life. When it came time to earn his pay, he didnt even try. He has his pension and his own private hell to live in now...if he has the vestige of a conscience...

I was so disgusted, mad and heartbroken about this last night, for supper I cracked the top on two cans of black beans, ate em cold from the can, drank scotch from the bottle, drank the rest of the day old coffee cold from the pot, drank a half bottle of my-quil, showered and went to bed, lying there for hours, eyes wide open, kept repeating, that mother-fu-ker!

Still mad and heartbroke today, this will be one of the things in life I will never understand, when the RIGHT thing to do would be the ONLY choice had i been there.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Government failed at so many levels over the years leading up to this, and it failed at the very moment it could have made the biggest difference. How, how, how can anyone think that only the government should have combat capable arms? What mental gymnastics do people have to go through to make that compute?

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Just like at Columbine-------

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by persiandog
didn't the officer ( working as security ) at Orlando nightclub shooting did the same ?

Yes. He traded a few shoots with the shooter then "realized he was outgunned and retreated". He was an off duty cop.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Still mad and heartbroke today, this will be one of the things in life I will never understand, when the RIGHT thing to do would be the ONLY choice had i been there.

It is my understanding that you Sir have a proven record of doing exactly that sort of thing cool

My own kin have a record of running towards the sound of gunfire, but I have not had to face that test myself.

Pretty sure I would have run right in tho.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A “School Resource Officer” is not there to protect the students.... they’re there to protect resources... like tax revinue, court revinue, “diversionary program” moneys, and their own jobs.

A rank fallacy. I'm pretty sure that among the most outraged people around the country right now are other SRO's.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

A rank fallacy. I'm pretty sure that among the most outraged people around the country right now are other SRO's.

I concur.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
It is not often that I feel any pride in our president but this morning, when Trump referred to Peterson as a coward and re-iterated the need for effective armed guards at schools, I was proud of him. It doesn't matter what Peterson was armed with. If he was armed with nothing but a sack of potatoes, he should have gone in throwing. The same sort of thing happened in Las Vegas when cops hid behind barriers and no one returned fire which would probably have stopped the shooting. GD

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

It is my understanding that you Sir have a proven record of doing exactly that sort of thing cool

My own kin have a record of running towards the sound of gunfire, but I have not had to face that test myself.

Pretty sure I would have run right in tho.

Correct, and we're all old here, no badasses anymore, and no one wants to die, but DAMNIT!!!!! to hide behind a concrete barrier, while listening to children screaming being shot and killed is forever branded across the front of my brain on what that guy did NOT DO!

I've never been depressed a day in my life, I now think I know what it feels like, I sit, in the dark, shades and curtains pulled, head down, in a shameful cloud today...............................

Trump Won!
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That sonofabitch didnt only let down those kids, he let down every other man in these United States!

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The duration of the school shooting was 6 minutes from start to finish.

That deputy assigned to the school cowed and hid on scene for 4 minutes of the 6 minutes.

Think about that... How many people were shot during that 4 minutes?

Let that sink in. mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The duration of the school shooting was 6 minutes from start to finish.

That deputy assigned to the school cowed and hid on scene for 4 minutes of the 6 minutes.

Think about that... How many people were shot during that 4 minutes?

Let that sink in. mad

There will never be a larger coward in the remaining history of mankind.....................................................................................................................!

Trump Won!
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The MSM now has a conundrum on its hands.Since Trump has denounced this guy as a coward they MUST find a way to excuse his actions(inactions). Just like they are trying to do with the shooter, citing bullying and harassment.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Gunner when I read that last night I felt the exact same way. He could have cracked a round off into the ceiling, anything to break the guys OODA loop. How in the natural F**K could anyone, let alone a guy who is supposed to protect people, not gone in? I've been a cop nearly 20 years and I am ashamed, just ashamed by this guys inaction. I've seen cops do plenty of stupid stuff over the years, there have been many questionable decisions made that I have at least taken in to account that I wasn't there and wasn't making decisions on the same information they had on scene. This guy though, this guy, I hope they let him keep one round when he quit. Maybe he can get that right.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Damn..... just a week ago.... all cops were “heroes.”

Then...... the FBI (Federal Cops), the Sheriff’s Department (County Cops), and the Coral Whatever PD (City Cops), the Resource Officer (School Cop).... ALL TOTALLY SCREWED THE POOCH.... are they still heroes too?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Damn..... just a week ago.... all cops were “heroes.”

Then...... the FBI (Federal Cops), the Sheriff’s Department (County Cops), and the Coral Whatever PD (City Cops), the Resource Officer (School Cop).... ALL TOTALLY SCREWED THE POOCH.... are they still heroes too?

Is that your perception?

If so, it's skewed as hell.

Liberal metro areas with liberal metro law enforcement have been problems for a long time.

The FBI has declined since the Obama Administration weaponized them, and the upper and middle management of the FBI has needed to be purged for awhile.

Find one post here from anyone that claims all cops are heroes.... I'll wait.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I posted on another Fire thread, maybe Trump was right, hire proven combat veterans for school duty. I can't see a Marine, lurking in the shadows, wetting his pants.

Someone replied that school districts don't want an overly aggressive type. Well they sure didn't have much with this wimp.

What is a Resource Officer? What's the job description? We need definitions...

Gun Free zones are a P.C. disaster. Wasn't it Uncle Joe Biden that got that started?

We need to harden our schools, churches, public facilities. Schools need CCW trained teachers, coaches, administrators, etc., no one knowing who's packing.

These perp cowards will be MUCH less likely to go on a shooting rampage if they know they'll be resisted, likely shot.

Now, in the big city schools, those teachers would probably be more inclined to be marching in the streets, wearing pink hats, than using deadly force to save a student's life. In rural America, a much easier fix.

IMO,

DF

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Fugawe, yes, they'll try like hell to whitewash it with a nice pretty PC paintjob.

Dodge, agreed, all LEO's like yourself must feel a hell of a load of shame, also agreed with the fact that I'm no pistol hand either, but, you can burn a running/moving sombitch alive putting shots into a brick wall, concrete floor or asphalt, bullet frags, concrete/asphalt chunks, getting hit with any of that debris would have made that kid drop his weapon, he wouldn't even had to have hit him with a clean shot, FOR GOD SAKES, DO SOMETHING.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Fugawe, yes, they'll try like hell to whitewash it with a nice pretty PC paintjob.

Dodge, agreed, all LEO's like yourself must feel a hell of a load of shame, also agreed with the fact that I'm no pistol hand either, but, you can burn a running/moving sombitch alive putting shots into a brick wall, concrete floor or asphalt, bullet frags, concrete/asphalt chunks, getting hit with any of that debris would have made that kid drop his weapon, he wouldn't even had to have hit him with a clean shot, FOR GOD SAKES, DO SOMETHING.

Reading your posts here makes me think we are experiencing this on the same emotional level. It leaves me with that churning feeling in my gut. I would not be surprised or saddened if he offed himself.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,467
Posts18,529,267
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.