Home
Posted By: Dryfly24 Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
I’m probably buying one as soon as they become available. It’s generated quite a bit of interest among the Jeep crowd where there is much speculating as to how popular it will be among the general truck buying populace.

Just wondering if there is any interest in this thing among the folks who visit this site, who are primarily sportsmen/outdoor enthusiasts?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
How does it stand up to the toyota tacoma?
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
How does it stand up to the toyota tacoma?

I am a lifelong Toyota guy. Have been driving Toyota’s pretty much consistently for at least the past thirty years or more. I always said about the only thing that could pull me away from Toyota is if Jeep made another truck. This is the one I’ve been waiting for. I presently drive a Tundra. Which I bought brand new in ‘08. If I wasn’t buying the Gladiator. I’d be trading it in for a TED Tacoma.

They haven’t released pricing yet, but if it’s not astronomical, I’ll most likely get the Rubicon version. No other truck on the market can touch that thing for off road capability IMHO. That, and I just really like it.

This will be my retirement present to myself. May be the last truck I ever buy. Very few things I get really excited or happy about. My Indian Springfield was one. This one does it for me even more.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
I’m probably buying one as soon as they become available. It’s generated quite a bit of interest among the Jeep crowd where there is much speculating as to how popular it will be among the general truck buying populace.

Just wondering if there is any interest in this thing among the folks who visit this site, who are primarily sportsmen/outdoor enthusiasts?

A young lad is walking beside the road and a 4x4 pulls up alongside and the fellow tells the lad to get in, the lad says "no way" and hurredly walks off. The vehicle idles along beside him and the driver leans out and insists that the lad gets in the vehicle, and once again the lad says "no way" and walks even faster. The driver gets a bit closer and says to the lad " what will it take for you to to get in the vehicle with me...would you like some sweets and twenty dollars", the lad stops and says "you bought the ƒucking Jeep Dad...you bloody well drive it?"

Popular joke here.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

A young lad is walking beside the road and a 4x4 pulls up alongside and the fellow tells the lad to get in, the lad says "no way" and hurredly walks off. The vehicle idles along beside him and the driver leans out and insists that the lad gets in the vehicle, and once again the lad says "no way" and walks even faster. The driver gets a bit closer and says to the lad " what will it take for you to to get in the vehicle with me...would you like some sweets and twenty dollars", the lad stops and says "you bought the ƒucking Jeep Dad...you bloody well drive it?"

Popular joke here.

Lol...
grin
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
I will be interested when they offer it in 2 door with 7.5 to 8 foot bed. The diesel is intriguing.
Posted By: northcountry Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
Probably be out of my price range but I do like Diesel. Cheers NC
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
Saw some preliminary pricing, very expensive. $50,000 plus. Way too expensive for a Jeep IMO.

If you are a Toyota driver, you will be disappointed in the Jeeps reliability. Chrysler still can't figure that out.

I do agree that no other vehicle commonly available in North America can touch the Jeeps off road capability.

Too bad Toyota doesn't allow the Landcruiser models from South Africa or Australia into North America.
Posted By: deflave Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
Fugk a Jeep anything.
Originally Posted by northcountry
Probably be out of my price range but I do like Diesel. Cheers NC

There is a lot of speculation on the pricing but that is all it is. People are just running their mouths if they say any different. There is absolutely no official word out there. Even the dealers are completely clueless.
Originally Posted by AB2506
Saw some preliminary pricing, very expensive. $50,000 plus. Way too expensive for a Jeep IMO.

If you are a Toyota driver, you will be disappointed in the Jeeps reliability. Chrysler still can't figure that out.

I do agree that no other vehicle commonly available in North America can touch the Jeeps off road capability.

Too bad Toyota doesn't allow the Landcruiser models from South Africa or Australia into North America.

Where did you see this “preliminary pricing”? Not being a smart @$$, serious question because I frequent a site that is comprised of hard core wanna be Gladiator owners and there isn’t so much as a peep concerning official pricing there or anywhere.
Originally Posted by deflave
Fugk a Jeep anything.

Honestly, I am kind of nervous and know I’m rolling the dice. But I really like the truck. Maybe I’ll come back to my senses before they’re available...
Posted By: JLimbo Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19

Where did you see this “preliminary pricing”? Not being a smart @$$, serious question because I frequent a site that is comprised of hard core wanna be Gladiator owners and there isn’t so much as a peep concerning official pricing there or anywhere.

Yep, very expensive. In the latest issue of JP magazine they state that the lowest model the Sport will start at 60K and go upwards of 80K for the Rubicon.

They loaded them with a lot of neat features but not enough to warrant those prices.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
looks like they are trying to build a small hummer
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
I'd rather have a Gladiator than a Jeep Wrangler. But the Gladiator is still a mid-sized pickup.

I just don't have a use for a mid-sized pickup.

Originally Posted by JLimbo

Yep, very expensive. In the latest issue of JP magazine they state that the lowest model the Sport will start at 60K and go upwards of 80K for the Rubicon.

They loaded them with a lot of neat features but not enough to warrant those prices.

Do you have a link to that? I’m not saying you’re lying but that goes absolutely against every single bit of information I’ve been able to gather. And like I said, I frequent a site dedicated to finding out as much as possible about this truck and even gets insider leaked info.

What you just posted isn’t even close to anything anyone there has been able to gather. I mean Not even close... the sport is the base model. If any of that was true, those boys would be talking about it, believe me. And about the number one topic is pricing with all kinds of speculation. Even the most jaded, and pessimistic poster hasn’t come close to making predictions on numbers like that.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19

Just now looked at the specs on the Jeep Gladiator. Says it is basically a Jeep Wrangler inside and out but with a 5' bed, offered in two V-6 gasoline and one diesel engine options, and a six speed manual or eight speed auto transmission.
Posted By: Gus Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
the rubicon edition, 1st year would be fine indeed. however, some how i'd guess the selling price will be up there due to pent-up demand. would still be nice though.
Even the most jaded and pessimistic in that group are predicting upper 60K’s for an optioned out Rubicon. Which sounds possible. But with a base model Sport starting in the 60’s, the line wouldn’t be even marginally competitive in the mid-sized truck market which is what the manufacturer has stated they intend.

They would essentially be shooting themselves in the foot before the race even started...
Posted By: CJC73 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
It's a great vehicle that'll sell well. People have been excited about it for a while. Very popular at the Detroit auto show this year
Reliability will be good as all the Jeeps are and nothing compares to them off road.. Nothing to be nervous about.
Originally Posted by CJC73
It's a great vehicle that'll sell well. People have been excited about it for a while. Very popular at the Detroit auto show this year
Reliability will be good as all the Jeeps are and nothing compares to them off road.. Nothing to be nervous about.

Thanks CJ. I hope you’re right...
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
A mid-size , 4 door

yawn

Mike
A 2 second Google search came up with KBB article... Stating base model will start around $31k
A 2 second Google search came up with KBB article... Stating base model will start around $31k

Lol... grin
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
I bought a 4 door Jeep Wrangler in '06 ('07 year model) and drove it till about a year an a half ago - I needed a truck and Jeep's been talking for 5 years about the Gladiator - I just couldn't wait any longer.

In the 11 years that I drove my Jeep (almost 300K miles) only minor issues, great riding vehicle, gas mileage was 20-22. That's one thing the really need to correct is the gas mileage.

I've heard rumors that the base price will be around $50K, where the Wranglers are going for less than $30 right now. When Jeep announced it a couple of years ago, they mentioned Niche Market and priced high on purpose???

I bought a Toyota about a year and a half ago (actually gave my Wrangler to my son who traded it) so my plan is to pay off the Toyota and buy a Jeep after the price drops.

5 foot bed, heard it's built on the Wrangler frame, and saw an article in a magazine that the last Wrangler rolled off about a year ago to get tooled up for the Gladiator - Maybe built in Ohio?
Yes... Built in Ohio
Originally Posted by Hancock27
I bought a 4 door Jeep Wrangler in '06 ('07 year model) and drove it till about a year an a half ago - I needed a truck and Jeep's been talking for 5 years about the Gladiator - I just couldn't wait any longer.

In the 11 years that I drove my Jeep (almost 300K miles) only minor issues, great riding vehicle, gas mileage was 20-22. That's one thing the really need to correct is the gas mileage.

I've heard rumors that the base price will be around $50K, where the Wranglers are going for less than $30 right now. When Jeep announced it a couple of years ago, they mentioned Niche Market and priced high on purpose???

I bought a Toyota about a year and a half ago (actually gave my Wrangler to my son who traded it) so my plan is to pay off the Toyota and buy a Jeep after the price drops.

5 foot bed, heard it's built on the Wrangler frame, and saw an article in a magazine that the last Wrangler rolled off about a year ago to get tooled up for the Gladiator - Maybe built in Ohio?

A lot of people think it’s just a wrangler with a pick up bed. It’s not. I won’t get into all the specs because if anyone is really interested they can find the info pretty easily for themselves.

It’s a real mid sized truck. If you need a full sized truck, this probably won’t work for you. If however you are good with a mid sized truck, with some pretty good payload and best in class towing capabilities, that will run circles around pretty much any other truck off road, then this thing might be for you.

I think it’ll be great for what I’m planning to use it for. Certainly it’ll get better mileage than my Tundra. Which will be very welcome. . .
Posted By: kingston Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19

Sold as the penultimate guarantor of apex masculinity, the Jeep Gladiator enshrines an identity anchored in edge and grit. Restoring authenticity to vast settlements of suburban hipsters; skinny jean clad flat-brimmers line up around the block. Facebook erupts with pressure washer threads, as a new generation of a social media sultans is cast under safari racks and behind brush guards.
Originally Posted by kingston

Sold as the penultimate guarantor of apex masculinity, the Jeep Gladiator enshrines an identity anchored in edge and grit. Restoring authenticity to vast settlements of suburban hipsters; skinny jean clad flat-brimmers line up around the block. Face book erupts with pressure washer threads, as a new generation of a social media sultans is cast under safari racks and behind brush guards.

Actually most of the guys I’ve seen posting about it are pretty much like the folks around here. Mid fifties or later that like to hunt and fish....
Real and mid-sized cant’ both be used to describe truck.
Real and mid-sized cant’ bot be used to describe truck.

Ok, if you say so...

Didn’t realize there was a hard and fast rule.
...much like the folks around here. Mid fifties or later that like to hunt and fish....

This can’t be our demographic.
...much like the folks around here. Mid fifties or later that like to hunt and fish....

Too young to be? grin

Ok, if you say so...

Only if remedying emasculation is a goal.
I am.

Ok, if you say so...

Only if remedying emasculation is a goal.

Wow, thanks for saving me from quite an embarrassing mistake. . . Phew! That was close! (Insert eye roll here)
If you’re in your mid fifties and can still wear skinny jeans, your masculinity isn’t in question.
Posted By: johnw Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19

???

Not my experience...
Posted By: johnw Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
My experience tells me that if I want reliability like a new Jeep, I'm money ahead to buy a quarter million mile Ford from the salvage yard...
Or a Land Cruiser of any vintage, but they won’t be integrated with your smartphone.
If you’re in your mid fifties and can still wear skinny jeans, your masculinity isn’t in question.

I can - but I won’t...
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
Chrysler specializes in disposable vehicles.
Originally Posted by johnw

???

Not my experience...

Well to be fair....everyone will have their experience good and bad. My family had a Jeep and we finally sold it with over 300k miles. No major issues. And I've known a few Toyotas to be crap. So there isn't one out there with the best reliability. FCA has some of the strictest test schedules for their powertrain and chassis systems during vehicle development.

I'm not hear to tell anyone what they care to believe. But it's like the question..."what's the best all around rifle cartridge?" You'll get a plethora of answers and just as many "not my experience" and "that one is garbage" . It's why there are so many different types of everything out there. Buy what you want and respect others choices. There isn't ONE answer to everything.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Lol. As does Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etc.... They all end up in the same place
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Lol. As does Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etc.... They all end up in the same place

China

I can - but I won’t...

A guy like you can drive a Mini if he wants.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
I think the AEV Brute is better looking.
The old TJ Unlimited (Scrambler type) was a good one and they hold their value.
The new Gladiator ............eh, no thanks.
4 doors...........I'll go Grand Cherokee.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
Jeep seems to rate between drug addicts, alcoholics, and horny 16 year olds on reliability reports.
Horny 16 year olds is at the positive end of the spectrum, right?

I can - but I won’t...

You seem to know a lot about what guys like...
Posted By: arkypete Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
I'd be very skeptical after all it's a Chrysler product

I can - but I won’t...

I’ve already posted pictures of my neon green electric scooters. What you got?
Originally Posted by arkypete

Like I said, I’m rolling the dice. What the hell, you only live once. If it doesn’t work out I’ll trade it in for something else. I’m not financing it, I’m cutting a check and taking it home. Shouldn’t be much of hit on resale if it comes to that.
Just shout, if you need help posting pictures.

I can - but I won’t...

I’ve already posted pictures of my neon green electric scooters. What you got?

I started this thread to gauge interest in this truck. Nothing more nothing less. You’ve been on my nuts ever since.

I already told you what I got. I currently have a motorcycle and a truck. Not sure what your point is?

Like I said, I’m rolling the dice. What the hell, you only live once. If it doesn’t work out I’ll trade it in for something else. I’m not financing it, I’m cutting a check and taking it home. Shouldn’t be much of hit on resale if it comes to that.

I would have one if I still lived in your area, and spent days on end hunting coyotes on the remote, far reaching ends of the desert.

It looks made to fit for that.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I would have one if I still lived in your area, and spent days on end hunting coyotes on the remote, far reaching ends of the desert.

You’ve pretty much described exactly what’ll it’ll be doing 90% of the time. The rest of he time it’ll be taking me north to fish.

You’ve pretty much described exactly what’ll it’ll be doing 90% of the time. The rest of he time it’ll be taking me north to fish.

I bet it'll do well for you.

I've owned 3 Wranglers. None of them ever left me stranded. Took me some interesting places too. wink

I bet it'll do well for you.

I've owned 3 Wranglers. None of them ever left me stranded. Took me some interesting places too. wink

Nice to hear. That’s really the only thing that has me a little concerned is the reliability factor. But I know tons of guys with old wranglers that swear by them which makes me feel a little better about it...
I’m just playing.

Gordon, WTXJ, is also pretty psyched about the Gladiator.

Enjoy, it’s Saturday.
I’m just playing.

Enjoy, it’s Saturday.

Lol, about to head over to some friends house to plan this years hunts. Everyone brings food and beer will be flowing. I’ll definitely enjoy this day...
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19

It was a news release back in late November.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
Enjoy. I hope it works out for many years to come.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
No way in hell I'd pay that kind of money for any unreliable Jeep product, let alone a first year launch.
In all seriousness, with solid front and rear axles the ride will suffer.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
I intend to buy a used one around 2030.

I'll make sure to post what I think about it

-Jake
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
I’m just playing.

Enjoy, it’s Saturday.

Now why did you bring me into this Brian.
I'll get one when the diesel is here.
I'll also keep me current Jeep, my daily driver.
laugh
Posted By: deflave Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/09/19
Don’t risk it DryFly.

Get a Supra. Grin...
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19

Yes, but so is the Toyota Tacoma.

I still prefer the older Toyota with live front axle. But that is just me.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Or a Land Cruiser of any vintage, but they won’t be integrated with your smartphone.

Sahara is, as is the Hilux.

The Prado is as well, so far as I know..
Posted By: DMc Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Horny 16 year olds is at the positive end of the spectrum, right?

I think I got stuck in this time warp....
Posted By: tzone Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
My wife is going to buy one. She thinks they’re cute. She wants the Rubicon with a 6 speed manual.
I have a friend that is the GM of a Ram dealer near town here. He said the first ones to come out will be decked out Rubicons, so they’ll be listed somewhere in the mid $40’s.
Posted By: huskyrunner Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
The gladiator is appealing but I suspect it is out of my price range. I sure do miss my old ‘81 Toyota sr5 4x4. Drove all over the country in that truck.
Posted By: deflave Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by tzone
My wife is going to buy one. She thinks they’re cute. She wants the Rubicon with a 6 speed manual.

That's gonna be the biggest piece of schit you've ever owned.
Posted By: Anjin Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19

I'd certainly take a hard look at them, but since I'm from Toledo and have owned several, I have a soft spot in my heart for Jeeps.

Pricing depends on features and quality. I now drive a RAM 2500 with Cummins diesel, but remember that Jeeps are now owned by Chrysler/Fiat, so they might borrow features and components from RAM. I'll be interested to see.

I rode on South Africa KND Toyota Land Cruisers owned by PHs when I hunted in Zambia and they were good and easy to repair but face it, Jeeps are made in the US and the fact is that that's a big benefit in terms of maintenance. (BTW, the Zambia PHs said it was brutal for them to get parts and tires there.)

Norm
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
My black jeep is my daily driver here on the ranch, never see's pavement 156,000 miles on it now, my red jeep is my go to town jeep.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No car company makes a ranch truck, all modern pickups are made by lawyer's for house wives and kids. Rio7
Posted By: rem141r Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
for my taste buds they ought to be based on the ram power wagon chassis. think new power wagon, old J10 combo.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
This one is cooler, way cooler.

Posted By: Seafire Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
I'd rather have a Gladiator than a Jeep Wrangler. But the Gladiator is still a mid-sized pickup.

I just don't have a use for a mid-sized pickup.

well after watching that....

of I really wanted an off road pickup with a Jeep Name Plate on it...

Give me the old 1960s period Gladiator....that was a truck...

too bad you don't see many of them anymore, any where.... long since rusted out and junked.

had one of the old Military ones, that were built as ambulances when I served in the guard....
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by johnw

???

Not my experience...

There isn't ONE answer to everything.

Glock 19
Posted By: deflave Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by RIO7
My black jeep is my daily driver here on the ranch, never see's pavement 156,000 miles on it now, my red jeep is my go to town jeep.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No car company makes a ranch truck, all modern pickups are made by lawyer's for house wives and kids. Rio7

All the ranchers up north drive Jeeps too.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Jeep seems to rate between drug addicts, alcoholics, and horny 16 year olds on reliability reports.

Horny 16 year old are reliable.

You know whay they will do.
You may not agree, but they will do it.

Wait a damn minute! crazy

My daughter turns 16 in two weeks! sick
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Don’t risk it DryFly.

Get a Supra. Grin...

If I don’t get the Jeep, I’m leaning towards this...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Dryfly, That won't work. Not much traction there, you do need a Gladiator. Rio7
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Don’t risk it DryFly.

Get a Supra. Grin...

If I don’t get the Jeep, I’m leaning towards this...

[Linked Image]

I would hang my head in shame were I seen near that.

On the other hand I saw a big old square Ford F350 the other day with a good fifteen foot car carrier tray in 4x4, with power steering, dualies, and a V8 6.5 litre diesel motor...it was gorgeous!

It had one of the Mad Max cars on top and another towed behind on a trailer, and was on it's way to Silverton/Broken Hill for the Max Max reunion.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
I wouldn't have sex with my cousin in that thing
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Yup. Way cooler. Cool movie too. Great for laughs and shoulder-mounted artillery.
Originally Posted by RIO7
Dryfly, That won't work. Not much traction there, you do need a Gladiator. Rio7

[Linked Image]

But this nice young man offered me such a good deal on it that I hate to pass it up. He assured me it was just the thing for off road capability.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Yup. Way cooler. Cool movie too. Great for laughs and shoulder-mounted artillery.

I love that movie and yes the old Gladiator is a bad ass truck.
Posted By: kingston Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by KFWA

To be a horny 16 year old in Texas...

Doubtful. I’ve owned a Chevy before.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by KFWA

depends on the cousin
Posted By: hookeye Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
Buy a Jeep 5 yrs old, drive it for 150K and sell it.
Go get another one.
CJ, XJ, ZJ, WJ, KJ
works pretty well for my fam

The ol lady drives stock ones. I drive lifted ones.
Hers messed up the windshield wipers so went in............let her drive my lifted ZJ.

Orders are to go to used Jeep place and get a TJ and put it on 33's.
Wants black or dark green.

Likes the new 4 door Wranglers, but says that's too much $.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/10/19
I rather like the old ZJ (Grand Cherokee 93-98).
Perfect hunting size for me.

If I had the funds, go south/west and find a black/grey Cherokee Chief.
Said for yrs the XJ's should have been made w Gladiator type front ends.
Then they did the concept version, last yr or so.
People went nuts.

Eh, I told my buds Ford should do the old front on the Mustang too.
2 yrs later the Steve McQueen commercial comes out.

And yes, I b*tched to high heaven about the Wranglers w square lights.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/11/19
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/11/19
I rented a JKU for a week in Hawaii, I wasn't super impressed. The v6 needed way lower gears, and the dash seemed too tall..I had a built 94 yj that was a lot of fun back in the day, it just sucked on longer trips.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/11/19

Doubtful. I’ve owned a Chevy before.

Hahahaha you and that lemon Avalanche! laugh
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/13/19
Any guesses as to when the vehicle will actually be available? Site says Spring 2019 - dealer has no idea???
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 02/16/19
Any guesses as to when the vehicle will actually be available? Site says Spring 2019 - dealer has no idea???

There is so much conflicting information as to that out there that it can get pretty frustrating. So much so in fact that I ended up with cold feet and came home with this last night: smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Already have some decent off road tires ordered for it. That’s the only thing these trucks are really lacking imho.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/04/19
I received an e-mail from Jeep to pre-order the limited edition dealer special, blah blah blah,
No delivery date

Price $63K + !!! For a JEEP???
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/04/19
Nice truck, DF!

Love that color as well.
Posted By: killerv Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/04/19
Must have balls of steel or deep pocketsl. Buddy got a jeep for his wife that went through 3 transmissions under 10k miles, after the last one was replaced under warranty...he took it straight to the Ford dealership down the road and traded it in on something else.
Posted By: edapp Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/04/19
I really like the looks of this gladiator as well. A Rubicon optioned modestly for 45K competes well with the tacomas in my opinion. Nothing else on the market offers a convertible, doorless, solid axle, manual, dual locker, small pickup.

Too bad I drive a 2018 F-150. I guess it will be a few years!
Posted By: fubarguy Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/04/19
I bought a Jeep Comanche pick up in 1987. 4 liter in line 6 engine. Bulletproof. Built like a tank. No where near what they want now.
Kept it til 2010 with just normal maintenance
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/04/19
Originally Posted by fubarguy
I bought a Jeep Comanche pick up in 1987. 4 liter in line 6 engine. Bulletproof. Built like a tank. No where near what they want now.
Kept it til 2010 with just normal maintenance

I had an '89 Comanche. Had the inline 6 and a 5 speed manual.

Fun little truck. I loved that thing. Sold it in about '95 and got a Silverado.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/04/19
Saw one of these on the interstate the other day.

It's ummmm different looking and easy to spot.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
You actually SAW one? They've been talking about them for 5 years, first one off the assembly line in Ohio, I believe.
Couldn't believe the price!
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
i am not exactly negative to jeeps, having five of them, all WWII or korean war military jeeps.
having said that i had my dodge ram into a dealership a few years ago, after a rainfall the night before. I wandered out to look at a brand new tricked out rubicon sitting in the front exposed to the weather. The big puddle of water on the floor in front of the seat didn't impress me on a 45k plus vehicle.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
I received an e-mail from Jeep to pre-order the limited edition dealer special, blah blah blah,
No delivery date

That much money will almost get you a Ford Raptor ! 🤠
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
It is a tin can truck, not a piece of gold.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
Nice truck, DF!

Love that color as well.

Thanks. this is what it looks like now after the tires, wheels and lift.

[Linked Image]
Nice truck, DF!

Love that color as well.

[Linked Image]

Like that Color!!!
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
Nice looking Tacoma.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
Badass truck.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
No delivery date

That much money?
(not my house...)

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
No delivery date

That much money?

[Linked Image]

What the heck is that, Sam ?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
C, a stock image of a 2020 Lincoln Aviator.

Local dealer has a new Raptor on the lot, $75k?

Crazy.
OK, Thought maybe it was the new Lincoln Navigator instead.

. I saw a new loaded out Raptor at my Ford Dealership the other day that was $77K.
Now I just need to hit the Lotto. 🤠
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
Nice truck, DF!

Love that color as well.

[Linked Image]

Looks good. Which lift and tires?.
I’ll be trading my F350 in this summer. Toss up between the Raptor and Tacoma. Raptors are sweet but the Tacoma comes in $20k cheaper
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
Foxnews.com says the Jeep Rubicon is sold out
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Nice truck, DF!

Love that color as well.

[Linked Image]

Looks good. Which lift and tires?.
I’ll be trading my F350 in this summer. Toss up between the Raptor and Tacoma. Raptors are sweet but the Tacoma comes in $20k cheaper

Tacos are great little trucks, no doubt! But take a ride in a Raptor and then the Taco and you’ll FEEL the $20K diff.
Both in the ride & performance! No comparison!
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
ust wondering if there is any interest in this thing among the folks who visit this site, who are primarily sportsmen/outdoor enthusiasts?

I was. The more I learn, the less interested I get.

First, design ... it's a crew cab truck with a 4-5 foot bed. Even if it is the best, most capable, of the class, that's still what it is ... a half ton pickup. It suffers the same limitations all half ton pickups suffer, long wheelbase / large turn radius. Second, cost .. looks to be in the mid $50K range in Rubicon trim which, at least to me, seems outrageous for something I'd buy to flog in the rocks.

My hope was for something like the '05-'06 TJ unlimited with a hard half-cab, basically a standard cab pickup with a 4 foot bed, something nimble enough to get around in the hunting woods, under $40K, still a lot of money, but not so much I would want to keep it in a nice mall parking lot where I wouldn't scratch it.

Jeep should focus on .. jeeps.

Let ford, chebby, dodge, nissan, and toyota build trucks.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
I always wanted a jeep. Mostly for a toy. But the cost always turned me off. Everyone should spend on what works for them.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
DF, Nice Taco. Looks good.

Looking a couple years down the road at what will be my "retirement truck." I would be perfectly content if Toyota were to import a diesel HiLux into the U.S. market. Manual or automatic. 100,000's of of them running around Central and South America. But Toyota refuses to import ANY diesel powered passenger vehicle into the U.S. market. Bums...
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19

60 or later and like to argue, occasionally typing about hunting and fishin'?
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
Originally Posted by 45_100
Foxnews.com says the Jeep Rubicon is sold out

That's the first 1,000, $63,000 of special.
Rest will run $35,000 up.
Rubies start at $45,000.
Posted By: sportingspecialist Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/06/19
ttt
Posted By: edapp Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/11/19
The build and price is active on Jeep.com

MSRP:

Base model 33K, 40K nicely optioned (heated steering wheel, seats, premium soft top etc)
Rubicon 46K with a few conveniences
Sure you can build one to 60K, just like all the other trucks. but you sure don't have to.

Pretty good price compared to the competition IMO.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/11/19
I think the gladiator is cool as hell. the problem is fiat owns the company. They are only offering a puny v6 the first year. Next year a diesel will be offered. but again its a fiat diesel. it will be a POS the first few years. trust me on this one.
Posted By: northcountry Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/11/19
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I think the gladiator is cool as hell. the problem is fiat owns the company. They are only offering a puny v6 the first year. Next year a diesel will be offered. but again its a fiat diesel. it will be a POS the first few years. trust me on this one.

I believe it is thew same Diesel as in half ton Dodge and they have been out 5 years and I haven't heard too many complaints so far. Just saying. Cheers NC
Posted By: edapp Re: Jeep Gladiator - 04/12/19
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

That is a definite possibility.

I think the new JL wrangler looks fantastic. People seem to love them. I like the old V6, vs a company pushing out new unproven tech every year. Same as Toyota keeping "underpowered" but reliable engines in the tacoma. I wouldn't buy a gladiator if I needed a half ton or anything close. But for a weekend vehicle, hunting truck, top down trail riding cruiser.... nothing touches it.

Excited to see what Ford does with the bronco. Claim it will have solid axles, removable top and doors, and an ecoboost. Could be fantastic.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 06/19/19
LAst weekend I totaled my Toyota Tacoma, and I finally test drove a Gladiator. So far I've actually seen two Gladiators - one was red and sold before the dealership finished the prep, the other is white and I took it on a test drive yesterday.

My impression: Drive GREAT: like a luxury car, $46K No thanks, for a truck? Across the street is a Toyota Dealer, for $30K I can replace my Toyota with better gas mileage and have plenty of $$ to add any accessories I want.

Jeep is shooting themselves, too pricey, too much pre-release hype, not enough vehicles being delivered and those few that are are the top of the line ($58 - $63K). I went looking for a basic model, and was told I could order it but may be over 6 months, or I could take what they're offering. TYpical offering 4WD to people who will not take it out of a parking lot - they are catering to the older yuppie baby boomers, the rich white Republican Trump Supporters as it were, they are succeeding but not with me....

My local Jeep dealership has had 2 vehicles since the "Spring 2019" release, SOld one quickly the other is still on the lot as far as I know,

I hear lots of people wanted one and were interested but got tired of the promises and waiting...
Posted By: tzone Re: Jeep Gladiator - 06/19/19
Dealer near my office has a ton of them. My ex's husband is a GM at a different dealer. He says they're Ok. They'll sell some but they're priced too high. You can buy a Ram Larmie for same or less with incentives.

The few I've seen are pretty lame.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 06/19/19
tzone, where is "just the tip"?

I'm in coastal Georgia and we don't need heated seats, steering wheels, and mirrors but MAYBE three days in a year!!! The Gladiators they are shipping here are ridiculous for this locale.
Posted By: Dre Re: Jeep Gladiator - 06/19/19
I always thought jeeps are over priced. But market shows otherwise.
I would wait a year or two on this one and let them get the bugs out and would get the diesel.
Just like any new design/generation, never get the first year.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Jeep Gladiator - 06/19/19
Fugk a Jeep anything.

I had a couple of CJ's over the years but I finally replaced them with a hole I dug out back which I throw money in when I get to missing the Jeeps.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Jeep Gladiator - 06/19/19
I haven't seen one yet. I suspect they'll sell a few around here but not a lot.
Posted By: tzone Re: Jeep Gladiator - 06/19/19
I had a 1/2 chub for them on paper. Now that I've seen the real thing, I'd rather have a Jeep.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Jeep Gladiator - 06/19/19
I saw one on a transport truck yesterday, it is FUGLY .
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Jeep Gladiator - 06/19/19
Looks like a Scrambler.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 07/26/19
I keep getting calls from Jeep Dealerships, they are over priced, ugly, and not moving,
Looks like Jeep bombed on this one, despite selling out the pre-inventory vehicles.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19
I'll let y'all know how it works out bought one yesterday

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19
They're selling for sticker price here. I have a buddy that's been to 3 dealerships to buy one and they wouldn't budge. I like the looks, especially the Rubicon
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19
They look good, I wonder if they're junk.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19
Not apples to apples but I own a 83 CJ7, put a lot of $$ into fixing it up... looks great.. rides and runs like a horses arse...my best friend wants it... I won’t sell it to him out of guilt!!!
The new Jeeps...Overpriced and under performing.. IMO

Buy a Taco, an older diesel, a new F150 or a GMC gas motor and trade it in in three years... my 02 Duramax has close to 300,000 and still running strong except for the undercarriage rust from plowing.
Posted By: RicG Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19
Saw one in a parking lot yesterday. Not impressed.
Go to 1:12 in this vid. That's the truck they should've built. Cool as hell.

Well I guess all you have to do is look at the pic.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

[Linked Image]

I'll be interested to hear your impressions.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19
Sticker price 59k
I got 5k off sticker plus had them throw in tonneau cover and spray in bed liner at no cost
Got 28k on trade in of my Jeep GC Trail hawk with 57k miles
That’s 4K over book value
#artofthedeal
Posted By: hanco Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19
I sold my old 89 jeep to my son in law, he rebuilt the motor, put new seats in it. He has decided to sell it. I’m thinking about buying it back. Might sell a few rifles.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19
A few are selling around here! They look like an old Scrambler . Never had a good jeep, until I put lots of money in changing parts! I'll pass on this one! No bed space and antiquated styling! But I'm sure someone will buy them, many people have to have the new thing, even if they trade every year. As my old black co-worker was fond of saying. ". I don't owns um long, but I owns um first." Of course he was talking about big Buicks!!!
Posted By: sactoller Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19

[Linked Image]

I like it George!!!!!

They are a lot more capable then many think. Are they a work truck, no and they were not designed to be!
Posted By: sactoller Re: Jeep Gladiator - 08/23/19
Sticker price 59k
I got 5k off sticker plus had them throw in tonneau cover and spray in bed liner at no cost
Got 28k on trade in of my Jeep GC Trail hawk with 57k miles
That’s 4K over book value
#artofthedeal

More winning!!!!!
© 24hourcampfire