Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by CJC73
It's a great vehicle that'll sell well. People have been excited about it for a while. Very popular at the Detroit auto show this year
Reliability will be good as all the Jeeps are and nothing compares to them off road.. Nothing to be nervous about.

Thanks CJ. I hope you’re right...

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A mid-size , 4 door

yawn

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A 2 second Google search came up with KBB article... Stating base model will start around $31k

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
A 2 second Google search came up with KBB article... Stating base model will start around $31k

Lol... grin

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I bought a 4 door Jeep Wrangler in '06 ('07 year model) and drove it till about a year an a half ago - I needed a truck and Jeep's been talking for 5 years about the Gladiator - I just couldn't wait any longer.

In the 11 years that I drove my Jeep (almost 300K miles) only minor issues, great riding vehicle, gas mileage was 20-22. That's one thing the really need to correct is the gas mileage.

I've heard rumors that the base price will be around $50K, where the Wranglers are going for less than $30 right now. When Jeep announced it a couple of years ago, they mentioned Niche Market and priced high on purpose???

I bought a Toyota about a year and a half ago (actually gave my Wrangler to my son who traded it) so my plan is to pay off the Toyota and buy a Jeep after the price drops.

5 foot bed, heard it's built on the Wrangler frame, and saw an article in a magazine that the last Wrangler rolled off about a year ago to get tooled up for the Gladiator - Maybe built in Ohio?

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes... Built in Ohio

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Hancock27
I bought a 4 door Jeep Wrangler in '06 ('07 year model) and drove it till about a year an a half ago - I needed a truck and Jeep's been talking for 5 years about the Gladiator - I just couldn't wait any longer.

In the 11 years that I drove my Jeep (almost 300K miles) only minor issues, great riding vehicle, gas mileage was 20-22. That's one thing the really need to correct is the gas mileage.

I've heard rumors that the base price will be around $50K, where the Wranglers are going for less than $30 right now. When Jeep announced it a couple of years ago, they mentioned Niche Market and priced high on purpose???

I bought a Toyota about a year and a half ago (actually gave my Wrangler to my son who traded it) so my plan is to pay off the Toyota and buy a Jeep after the price drops.

5 foot bed, heard it's built on the Wrangler frame, and saw an article in a magazine that the last Wrangler rolled off about a year ago to get tooled up for the Gladiator - Maybe built in Ohio?

A lot of people think it’s just a wrangler with a pick up bed. It’s not. I won’t get into all the specs because if anyone is really interested they can find the info pretty easily for themselves.

It’s a real mid sized truck. If you need a full sized truck, this probably won’t work for you. If however you are good with a mid sized truck, with some pretty good payload and best in class towing capabilities, that will run circles around pretty much any other truck off road, then this thing might be for you.

I think it’ll be great for what I’m planning to use it for. Certainly it’ll get better mileage than my Tundra. Which will be very welcome. . .

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by AB2506
Saw some preliminary pricing, very expensive. $50,000 plus. Way too expensive for a Jeep IMO.

If you are a Toyota driver, you will be disappointed in the Jeeps reliability. Chrysler still can't figure that out.

I do agree that no other vehicle commonly available in North America can touch the Jeeps off road capability.

Too bad Toyota doesn't allow the Landcruiser models from South Africa or Australia into North America.

Where did you see this “preliminary pricing”? Not being a smart @$$, serious question because I frequent a site that is comprised of hard core wanna be Gladiator owners and there isn’t so much as a peep concerning official pricing there or anywhere.

Yep, very expensive. In the latest issue of JP magazine they state that the lowest model the Sport will start at 60K and go upwards of 80K for the Rubicon.

They loaded them with a lot of neat features but not enough to warrant those prices.

Sold as the penultimate guarantor of apex masculinity, the Jeep Gladiator enshrines an identity anchored in edge and grit. Restoring authenticity to vast settlements of suburban hipsters; skinny jean clad flat-brimmers line up around the block. Facebook erupts with pressure washer threads, as a new generation of a social media sultans is cast under safari racks and behind brush guards.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Originally Posted by AB2506
Saw some preliminary pricing, very expensive. $50,000 plus. Way too expensive for a Jeep IMO.

If you are a Toyota driver, you will be disappointed in the Jeeps reliability. Chrysler still can't figure that out.

I do agree that no other vehicle commonly available in North America can touch the Jeeps off road capability.

Too bad Toyota doesn't allow the Landcruiser models from South Africa or Australia into North America.

Where did you see this “preliminary pricing”? Not being a smart @$$, serious question because I frequent a site that is comprised of hard core wanna be Gladiator owners and there isn’t so much as a peep concerning official pricing there or anywhere.

Yep, very expensive. In the latest issue of JP magazine they state that the lowest model the Sport will start at 60K and go upwards of 80K for the Rubicon.

They loaded them with a lot of neat features but not enough to warrant those prices.

Sold as the penultimate guarantor of apex masculinity, the Jeep Gladiator enshrines an identity anchored in edge and grit. Restoring authenticity to vast settlements of suburban hipsters; skinny jean clad flat-brimmers line up around the block. Face book erupts with pressure washer threads, as a new generation of a social media sultans is cast under safari racks and behind brush guards.

Actually most of the guys I’ve seen posting about it are pretty much like the folks around here. Mid fifties or later that like to hunt and fish....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Real and mid-sized cant’ both be used to describe truck.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Real and mid-sized cant’ bot be used to describe truck.

Ok, if you say so...

Didn’t realize there was a hard and fast rule.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 02/09/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
...much like the folks around here. Mid fifties or later that like to hunt and fish....

This can’t be our demographic.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
...much like the folks around here. Mid fifties or later that like to hunt and fish....

This can’t be our demographic.

Too young to be? grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Ok, if you say so...

Only if remedying emasculation is a goal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D

Ok, if you say so...

Only if remedying emasculation is a goal.

Wow, thanks for saving me from quite an embarrassing mistake. . . Phew! That was close! (Insert eye roll here)

Last edited by Dryfly24; 02/09/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you’re in your mid fifties and can still wear skinny jeans, your masculinity isn’t in question.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a great vehicle that'll sell well. People have been excited about it for a while. Very popular at the Detroit auto show this year
Reliability will be good as all the Jeeps are and nothing compares to them off road.. Nothing to be nervous about.

???

Not my experience...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My experience tells me that if I want reliability like a new Jeep, I'm money ahead to buy a quarter million mile Ford from the salvage yard...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Or a Land Cruiser of any vintage, but they won’t be integrated with your smartphone.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,939
Posts18,519,044
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.