GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Nice truck, DF!

Love that color as well.

Thanks. this is what it looks like now after the tires, wheels and lift.

[Linked Image]

Looks good. Which lift and tires?.
I’ll be trading my F350 in this summer. Toss up between the Raptor and Tacoma. Raptors are sweet but the Tacoma comes in $20k cheaper

Tacos are great little trucks, no doubt! But take a ride in a Raptor and then the Taco and you’ll FEEL the $20K diff.
Both in the ride & performance! No comparison!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
ust wondering if there is any interest in this thing among the folks who visit this site, who are primarily sportsmen/outdoor enthusiasts?

I was. The more I learn, the less interested I get.

First, design ... it's a crew cab truck with a 4-5 foot bed. Even if it is the best, most capable, of the class, that's still what it is ... a half ton pickup. It suffers the same limitations all half ton pickups suffer, long wheelbase / large turn radius. Second, cost .. looks to be in the mid $50K range in Rubicon trim which, at least to me, seems outrageous for something I'd buy to flog in the rocks.

My hope was for something like the '05-'06 TJ unlimited with a hard half-cab, basically a standard cab pickup with a 4 foot bed, something nimble enough to get around in the hunting woods, under $40K, still a lot of money, but not so much I would want to keep it in a nice mall parking lot where I wouldn't scratch it.

Jeep should focus on .. jeeps.

Let ford, chebby, dodge, nissan, and toyota build trucks.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always wanted a jeep. Mostly for a toy. But the cost always turned me off. Everyone should spend on what works for them.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
DF, Nice Taco. Looks good.

Looking a couple years down the road at what will be my "retirement truck." I would be perfectly content if Toyota were to import a diesel HiLux into the U.S. market. Manual or automatic. 100,000's of of them running around Central and South America. But Toyota refuses to import ANY diesel powered passenger vehicle into the U.S. market. Bums...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
...much like the folks around here. Mid fifties or later that like to hunt and fish....

This can’t be our demographic.

60 or later and like to argue, occasionally typing about hunting and fishin'?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 45_100
Foxnews.com says the Jeep Rubicon is sold out

That's the first 1,000, $63,000 of special.
Rest will run $35,000 up.
Rubies start at $45,000.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ttt

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
The build and price is active on Jeep.com

MSRP:

Base model 33K, 40K nicely optioned (heated steering wheel, seats, premium soft top etc)
Rubicon 46K with a few conveniences
Sure you can build one to 60K, just like all the other trucks. but you sure don't have to.

Pretty good price compared to the competition IMO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the gladiator is cool as hell. the problem is fiat owns the company. They are only offering a puny v6 the first year. Next year a diesel will be offered. but again its a fiat diesel. it will be a POS the first few years. trust me on this one.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I think the gladiator is cool as hell. the problem is fiat owns the company. They are only offering a puny v6 the first year. Next year a diesel will be offered. but again its a fiat diesel. it will be a POS the first few years. trust me on this one.

I believe it is thew same Diesel as in half ton Dodge and they have been out 5 years and I haven't heard too many complaints so far. Just saying. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

That is a definite possibility.

I think the new JL wrangler looks fantastic. People seem to love them. I like the old V6, vs a company pushing out new unproven tech every year. Same as Toyota keeping "underpowered" but reliable engines in the tacoma. I wouldn't buy a gladiator if I needed a half ton or anything close. But for a weekend vehicle, hunting truck, top down trail riding cruiser.... nothing touches it.

Excited to see what Ford does with the bronco. Claim it will have solid axles, removable top and doors, and an ecoboost. Could be fantastic.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
LAst weekend I totaled my Toyota Tacoma, and I finally test drove a Gladiator. So far I've actually seen two Gladiators - one was red and sold before the dealership finished the prep, the other is white and I took it on a test drive yesterday.

My impression: Drive GREAT: like a luxury car, $46K No thanks, for a truck? Across the street is a Toyota Dealer, for $30K I can replace my Toyota with better gas mileage and have plenty of $$ to add any accessories I want.

Jeep is shooting themselves, too pricey, too much pre-release hype, not enough vehicles being delivered and those few that are are the top of the line ($58 - $63K). I went looking for a basic model, and was told I could order it but may be over 6 months, or I could take what they're offering. TYpical offering 4WD to people who will not take it out of a parking lot - they are catering to the older yuppie baby boomers, the rich white Republican Trump Supporters as it were, they are succeeding but not with me....

My local Jeep dealership has had 2 vehicles since the "Spring 2019" release, SOld one quickly the other is still on the lot as far as I know,

I hear lots of people wanted one and were interested but got tired of the promises and waiting...

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dealer near my office has a ton of them. My ex's husband is a GM at a different dealer. He says they're Ok. They'll sell some but they're priced too high. You can buy a Ram Larmie for same or less with incentives.

The few I've seen are pretty lame.

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
tzone, where is "just the tip"?

I'm in coastal Georgia and we don't need heated seats, steering wheels, and mirrors but MAYBE three days in a year!!! The Gladiators they are shipping here are ridiculous for this locale.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always thought jeeps are over priced. But market shows otherwise.
I would wait a year or two on this one and let them get the bugs out and would get the diesel.
Just like any new design/generation, never get the first year.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Fugk a Jeep anything.

I had a couple of CJ's over the years but I finally replaced them with a hole I dug out back which I throw money in when I get to missing the Jeeps.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I haven't seen one yet. I suspect they'll sell a few around here but not a lot.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I had a 1/2 chub for them on paper. Now that I've seen the real thing, I'd rather have a Jeep.

Camp is where you make it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I saw one on a transport truck yesterday, it is FUGLY .

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 43 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,767
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.