Home
https://www.stripes.com/news/us/wow-what-is-that-man-navy-revamping-policy-for-ufo-reports-1.578341

The Navy is revamping its protocols for reporting unidentified aircraft due to an uptick in such unauthorized flights into restricted air space, the service said.

“There have been a number of reports of unauthorized and/or unidentified aircraft entering various military-controlled ranges and designated air space in recent years,” the Navy said in a statement.

The subject of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, captured the public’s attention last year after several declassified Defense Department videos showed Navy pilots encountering oval objects that moved at great speed. In one video, an F-18 fighter jet pilot flying along the East Coast of the United States gasps, “Wow! What is that, man? Look at that flying!”
These fuggers have known about these things for a long time. They’re just softening up cause it’s getting harder to pretend there’s nothing there.
Can not hide them anymore or ignore them. The electronics pick them up and track them.
The government doesn't know what to say about them so they've always tried to deny they exist.

Governments don't like the people to know that they don't have the answer for everything. But it's a bit past that point these days.
[Linked Image]
Hahaha, everybody knows theres no such thing as UFOs. whistle
I hope they're friendly.
I'd love to see the camera footage.
Originally Posted by tdbob
I'd love to see the camera footage.

[Linked Image]
If they are here, this must be home.
Originally Posted by jdm953
If they are here, this must be home.

Yeah, cuz we gotta be the smartest things in all creation.

We just have too many camera phones now days or the govt would still be denying their existence.
It's about damn time that govt organizations acknowledge what we all have known for years. That there is something going on. That the objects are real, although the majority can usually be logically explained. That there is however a small percentage that can't be explained away and that their unusual, physics defying flight characteristics, absence of known propulsion systems and visible lift features aren't earthly objects given the current worldwide levels of technology, engineering and manufacturing capability.

Took some photos of something I saw in the night sky several years ago. Eastern sky, a few hours after sundown. With just the naked eye alone it looked like any other star but a bit brighter than the others and seemed to have a slightly perceptible bit of movement and color changes. First thought it might be the space shuttle or station. Caught my attention so I got my old little HP 3.0 pixel camera out, zoomed in on it, snapped some photos, downloaded to computer, below are the photos. No idea what it was.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I seen a youfo out my backdoor about 5 years ago & got a picture of it.

Leastways I think it was a youfo , maybe it was a portal to a different dimension and I missed my chance.

[Linked Image]

Mike
It's amusing how we instantly identify unidentified objects. Doubly so when we conclude that anything we can't explain gets explained as space aliens.

Four out of five jackwads in this country carry a cell phone camera that takes crystal clear stills and movies. Yet, the alleged photos and vids of these these are always blurry, out-of-focus, and shaky.
Originally Posted by 6mm250

Leastways I think it was a youfo , maybe it was a portal to a different dimension and I missed my chance.

[Linked Image]

Mike

Can you provide some details on that?
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

[Linked Image]

Mike

Maybe someone shooting skeet.........
Ball lightning?
Bats...

So, navy pilots are just as delusional as many of us. Do they wear tinfoil inside their helmets?
Reading comprehension failure again. The article is about unauthorized AIRCRAFT, because of the increasing problem with not only piloted but drone craft.

Quote: The Navy statement did not refer to “UFOs” nor to any specific incidents in the past, but it said the Navy and Air Force “investigate each and every report” of unauthorized and unidentified aircraft and take such incidents “very seriously.”

For that reason, the Navy is “updating and formalizing the process by which reports of any such suspected incursions can be made to the cognizant authorities,” the statement said.

Maybe not so much reading comprehension failure as reading between the lines? "UFO" doesn't have to mean little green men.
every tom, dick & harry are getting themselves drones now. surprised there aren't more accidents with them. maybe even flying into power lines.

one thing is kinda clear. if there are space aliens out there, they'll almost certainly be akin to us. since we all are derived from the big bang.

so, they and we are starstuff. of course, they could be coming in from another multi-verse and not related to us at all.

it's really difficult to explain how insects, reptiles, mammals & trees and mushrooms are kin. but here we are.
Why do alien craft have lights? To avoid mid air collision?

[Linked Image]

Mike

Sure could

Mike
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

[Linked Image]

Mike

Maybe someone shooting skeet.........

Dog tick thrown against back door window?
Originally Posted by Morewood
I hope they're friendly.

If they’re liberals then we’re screwed!
Doesn't "unidentified" just mean that the aircraft failed to ID itself with a flight plan or contact with ATC?
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Doesn't "unidentified" just mean that the aircraft failed to ID itself with a flight plan or contact with ATC?

Ordinarily, aircraft are identifiable by their visual characteristics and markings. These things don't look or move like known aircraft.

It's interesting that computerized video/targeting tracking technology seem to be able to lock onto them, which shows that they are actual physical objects rather than optical illusions or reflections.

[Linked Image]

Mike

That's Rocky! Where's Bullwinkle?
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Reading comprehension failure again. The article is about unauthorized AIRCRAFT, because of the increasing problem with not only piloted but drone craft.

Quote: The Navy statement did not refer to “UFOs” nor to any specific incidents in the past, but it said the Navy and Air Force “investigate each and every report” of unauthorized and unidentified aircraft and take such incidents “very seriously.”

For that reason, the Navy is “updating and formalizing the process by which reports of any such suspected incursions can be made to the cognizant authorities,” the statement said.

UFO enthusiasts are not looking for sense or comprehension.

I saw a huge bright shining object in the bright summer afternoon, traveling South to North about 20 degrees above the Western horizon, some forty years ago. It shined as brightly as the sun. It was obviously nothing made by humans, and obviously originated somewhere other than Earth. It was also obviously (to me, anyway) not inhabited by any intelligent life forms.
That could have been a meteor, or a bit of space debris, Idaho. Either is very likely.
Yep, exactly as I figured. In the late 70's, my guess would have been meteor. But, perhaps there was more and larger space junk falling than I was aware of.
It's amusing how we instantly identify unidentified objects. Doubly so when we conclude that anything we can't explain gets explained as space aliens.

Four out of five jackwads in this country carry a cell phone camera that takes crystal clear stills and movies. Yet, the alleged photos and vids of these these are always blurry, out-of-focus, and shaky.

What about the cockpit video recorded by the Navy fighter jackwads?.....seemed like a pretty “clear” video to me. There’s been countless clear, non-blurry, in focus video and stills taken through the years that’s always dismissed and disregarded out of hand by some government jackwad spokesperson, often before they’ve even seen or reviewed it. Many folks through the years have recorded, either through film or video, unexplained sightings but don’t come out publicly about their experience for fear of being labeled a “jackwad” by government stooges. 😉

Why are there hieroglyphics and ancient cave drawings of “spaceships” and “aliens”?

There’s so many questions that haven’t been answered and anyone that trusts our government to tell us the truth is beyond the jackwad phase and has gone straight to the ass kissing, government trusting, liberal douchenozzle phase. 😉
That could have been a meteor, or a bit of space debris, Idaho. Either is very likely.

“Could have been” is hardly a good or definitive answer. “Could have been” is merely a scientific wild ass guess aka SWAG and is synonymous with I don’t have a fucqing clue.
Sometimes, no oftentimes, the wisest course is to abide by the KISS principle.

Stuff falls out of the sky every day and night. So the one I witnessed was a bit bigger than most and a bit noteworthy for that.

NASA says we get a meteor which explodes (bolide) in the atmosphere with energy rated in tens or hundreds of kilotons once ever twenty or thirty years. The Tanguska Event in 1908 was much more powerful than that.

But still no signs of intelligent life beyond Earth's atmosphere.

Weird drawings on ancient cave walls? Ergot infested rye. Mescaline, Peyote, fever induced delirium, hunger induced delirium. Hell, who knows what they were tossing on the fire trying to get warm?

Once again, the simplest explanation is usually closest to the truth.

Unless, of course, we are talking about the Kennedy assassination.

Ha, who was the comic that stated, "maybe bigfoot really is blurry?"
the High Priests at NASA have a fine line to walk. i believe they'll walk it as long as possible. when changes come, we'll hear about it on major network news at 6 pm.

until then, they'll hold the line as best as they can. so far, so good.
Found the analysis of one Navy encounter:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WgURI1Fzrkij3utVvcPISGTyEUNX4Z0J/view

Bruce
Originally Posted by bcp

That's some wild stuff.
Definitely fast moving.
It is incredibly nieve and ethnocentric to believe that, with the 100s of billions of other planets out there, that we are simply alone. There are over 100 Billion galaxies observable and 300 some billion stars per galaxy. To say that there isn't any way feasible for another intelligent, and far more advanced society to ours is simply inane.

I can't say that I have any evidence of flying whatever...but the numbers are just far too vast to cast off the possibility of other creatures out there. I believe it is feasible for some to be able to travel and collect data...but I could just be a kook!
the DOD isnt rushing to ID it because its ours.

Experimental aircraft, monitoring, drones, etc come from experimental projects.

ever thought maybe its not really there, either? Just becaus it shows up on a screen doesnt mean its real. It'd be just as nice a hack to make stuff not look there when it is, than to make [bleep] look like its there when its not.

The guy that helped blow up the space shuttle is calling smart phone users "jackwads"

No wonder you can barely negotiate a flip phone
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
It is incredibly nieve and ethnocentric to believe that, with the 100s of billions of other planets out there, that we are simply alone. There are over 100 Billion galaxies observable and 300 some billion stars per galaxy. To say that there isn't any way feasible for another intelligent, and far more advanced society to ours is simply inane.

I can't say that I have any evidence of flying whatever...but the numbers are just far too vast to cast off the possibility of other creatures out there. I believe it is feasible for some to be able to travel and collect data...but I could just be a kook!

I have no problem with the idea that other intelligent species evolved in other solar systems. But those species have not evolved concurrently.

When you consider the age of each system in the universe, and the hundreds of millions of light years distance across the universe. You can eliminate the vast majority of the universe from the possibility of having life forms which could visit Earth.

Remember that we are not seeing the stars in the sky today. We are seeing the stars at the time the light left that star. The pictures we take with the Hubbard Telescope are actually, in most cases, millions and millions of years old. Even the pictures of stars on the edge of our own galaxy are 50,000 years old.

This solar system is estimated at five billion years old. Of those five billion years, man crawled out of the caves about 6000 to 8000 years ago. We actually have had a recognizable mechanized society for about 100 years.

100 years out of 5 billion, that is less than a blink on the geological time scale. And how long before Man either pushes himself to extinction, or at least back into the caves to start over? Maybe another 100 to 200 years? Perhaps 1000 years with some luck?

Our own galaxy is over 100,000 light years across with an estimated 100 to 400 billion stars in it.

So, really, what are the odds that another mechanized society exists at this point in time, and that they can make a journey of 50,000 years, and that they will stumble across our humble little planet among all the billions of other planets out there? And the chance that we have detected absolutely no trace of these voyagers or their communications with all of the radio telescopes aimed at the heavens?

But then, I do not buy lottery tickets either.

It is not like you can just sail west until you run into another continent which spans the width of the globe.

© 24hourcampfire